Taylor Headed for Hospital Tonight

Steve Yanda reports:

Defensive end Jason Taylor said after the game that he planned to go to the hospital Sunday night after the team returned to Washington to have his injured left calf examined.

Taylor was scheduled to have the calf drained Monday morning, but he indicated he might not wait to have the procedure done. He said he would stay at the hospital overnight regardless of when the procedure took place.

"We're going to go in tonight and try to fix it again and see where we're at," he said. "We're going in tonight. I think we're doing it tomorrow, but I'm going in tonight."

Taylor, who underwent emergency surgery to relieve acute compartment syndrome on his left calf earlier this season, said he would stay at the hospital overnight regardless of when the procedure took place.

The calf has healed more slowly than expected, and Taylor confirmed he was not close to being at full strength during Sunday's game.

"It felt like it has the last few weeks; it's not right," said Taylor, who recorded one tackle against the Lions. "I'm nowhere near myself, but I'm trying to give what I have and help this team, and as long as we keep winning that's all that matters."

By Cindy Boren  |  October 26, 2008; 5:40 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: It Wasn't Pretty, but Skins are 6-2
Next: Monday Morning H-Back

Comments

Anybody got the down low on what Zorn's beef was with a reporter?

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 5:46 PM | Report abuse

why was he playing anyway...makes no sense he wasnt close to healthy

Posted by: acm1179 | October 26, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

why was he playing anyway...makes no sense he wasnt close to healthy

Posted by: acm1179 | October 26, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

why was he playing anyway...makes no sense he wasnt close to healthy

Posted by: acm1179 | October 26, 2008 5:50 PM | Report abuse

why was he playing? I don't get that either

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 26, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Is there a more under-rated player in the league than Jason Campbell? He barely even gets credit on this board. The dude missed 1 throw the whole game. It was sick. How many wins would we have with Mark Brunnel (of two years ago) -- two?

Posted by: beatkal | October 26, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

I just heard about Zorn and the reporter. Now if it is JLC this will be bad. It seems to me it would take a lot to piss Zorn off.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | October 26, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Who did Zorn wanna fight with? Fun question

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Big Ben killing me in FF right now with -3 points.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 6:00 PM | Report abuse

Brunell had that 22 pass streak didn't he? JC missed 3 throws. moss caught it out of bounds, still an incompleation. That said he did great.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

I'm battling Nate is FF. He's 6-1 and I think he's going down. Unless the Browns D collapses or Joe Nedney cranks in 5 FGs, I'm sitting pretty.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 26, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Big Ben killing me in FF right now with -3 points.

Posted by: alex35332

Good. lol

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | October 26, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 26, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Big Ben killing me in FF right now with -3 points.

Posted by: alex35332

Good. lol

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | October 26, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Alex - Looks like I made a good decision in playing Delhomme and putting Big Ben on the bench. He's done nothing!

Posted by: suzannepdc | October 26, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

I am waiting for the video of the psot game presser to get posted at redskins dot com.

Another win against a team we should beat. You don't get extra credit for blowouts or style points. At the end of the day, you get points for WINS. We have 6 at the halfway pole. Sweet.

Give Zorn credit for having the stones to go with as many back ups as he did. Griffin, Horton, Samuels all COULD have played...but Zorn made the high risk HIGHER reward call to rest them. Skins win by 8 going away. Anybody think this game score and the comments are not completely different if Jansen doesn't get called for the mysto face mask?? What a f*&^ing g0d dam joke these NFL refs are...its disgusting. That ref or official whoever the hell he is should be fined or fired. HORRIBLE to kill a drive like that. Inexcusable.

I'm holding comment on the specific reporter/Zorn issue...but i've had a rant brewing for weeks about some of the "reporters" and their agenda laden questions for weeks now. And I'm not talking about any body specific at this juncture...there are several. Too bad they don't have to stand in the crowd at fedex and ask these questions...so they could get the immedaite feedback and ass beating some of them richly deserve.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

looks like you just got some points from big ben!!!!!

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 6:18 PM | Report abuse

To keep saying that he is healing more slowly than expected merely reflects your lack of understanding as to the severity of the injury and surgery.

Posted by: 3rings | October 26, 2008 6:20 PM | Report abuse

I did. He is finally up in the + category again. my opponent has Ward, so whats nice is every point he gets for that WR I get for Ben.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 6:21 PM | Report abuse

sorry for the double dip.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 6:21 PM | Report abuse

Some complain about how we win, yet from what I can see of the jints, good chance that the Skins are atop of the division by the end of the day!

HAIL and HHH!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 6:22 PM | Report abuse

refs horrible this season across the board...

beating up reporters for doing their job? Not going to sign up for that one....

A limas sweed sighting!

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 6:25 PM | Report abuse

curz if NY loses we are still no 2 because of the loss in week 1

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 6:26 PM | Report abuse

I want steelers feeling on top of the world going into next week...

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 6:28 PM | Report abuse

I only saw zorn's reaction. No idea what the question was or his initial answer

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Alex, we would be 6-2 and the jints 5-2.

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 6:30 PM | Report abuse

HAIL and HHH!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 6:22 PM | Report abuse

--------------------------------------

Before you jump for joy... The Giants still have the head to head, so technically they would still be #1. And Pitt is coming to town next weekend, so it may not matter in 7 more days

Posted by: mattsoundworld | October 26, 2008 6:30 PM | Report abuse

wow its dull up here today.....its like a tuesday in feb. not after a win.....

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mattsoundworld | October 26, 2008 6:30 PM

We would be a game ahead in the standings and atop of the division.

What I am sayin is that regardless of how we get them, wins are the only statistic that counts and ours have a chance to put us on top of the division based on how the jints are playing.

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 6:34 PM | Report abuse

Alex, Jim Mora just said on the NFL Network that if the Giants lose today, we will be Number 1. Don't know if he has that wrong or does the fact we have beat 2 of our division rivals on the road place us ahead of a Giants team that has not played any division rivals other than us?

Posted by: Lisa_R | October 26, 2008 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Some "reproters" ask and re ask the same agenda laden question incessantly. TO me, that is nto their job. Ask a question ok. Get the answer. Ok. To keep harping away every day on the same crap... with a presupposition ie "the redskins were not prepared or focused for the rams" as an example is not their job. In my view, this incessant negativity form the reporter corps has a chance to negatively affect the team. As a fan, I don't want things based on BS negatively affecting the team. When i say immediate feedback, when visiting fans start lipping off at the stadium for example, they get immediate feedback.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 6:37 PM | Report abuse

WOW! Dudes knew (#60 for pitt) just bent sideways. Ouch!

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Hello Jason? Was it you that Zorn was yelling at? I know that you aren't Zorn's favorite beat reporter.

Posted by: MKadyman | October 26, 2008 6:38 PM | Report abuse

well whateves, you get nothing for leading you division after 8 weeks....just gotta keep takin these one game at a time....

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 6:39 PM | Report abuse

Samuels will have an MRI on his knee tomorrow, btw. Can't remember if I mentioned that...

Posted by: CindyBoren | October 26, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

knew? meant knee!

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Forgot about NY's bye. Pit's ugly with yellow head gear. 2 wins away from a .500 year or better. Could be worse.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 6:41 PM | Report abuse

What they will show (with a Gints loss) is the Skins in 1st, due to the extra win. 6-2 is better than 5-2. Giants still gotta get a win that the Skins have. And for ALL you negative types (MATTSOUND) the Giants have to play the Cowboys and EAGLES in the next two weeks. While the Skins have PITT at home and Golf for the next two weeks...

Posted by: Club320 | October 26, 2008 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Thats for Conference, not division...

Posted by: Club320 | October 26, 2008 6:46 PM | Report abuse

SkinsfaninKaneohe, it has no negative affect on the team.......thats laughable....seriously find something else to stress about and save yourself the agita....

and their job isnt to support the team anyway...

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 6:46 PM | Report abuse

LMFAO wow VaJason, did you get owned by Zorn?

Posted by: HDiniMFO | October 26, 2008 6:47 PM | Report abuse

Might be whateves to some, but what better position to start the second half of the season than at the top of the division (even if by 1/2 game) when many had the Skins the odd team out a few weeks ago.

Can't believe the less than position attitude of fans following a win.

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 6:48 PM | Report abuse

If Giants lose, we will be half game ahead because they have played one less game. They already had their bye. We would be tied in the loss column.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 6:48 PM | Report abuse

can we stop talking about a Giants loss, last time I checked game was still on....

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 6:49 PM | Report abuse

damn then by that logic we should chear for the Cowpies or a tie next week in NYvDAL

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 6:51 PM | Report abuse

Just sit taylor down. Im sure the backups can get a better passrush than him right now.

Posted by: bryjen48 | October 26, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Let's see, no talking about the jints losing, no dogging the beat reporters, um, anything else we shouldn't talk about?

When someone is negative, cL chases them away, when someone is positive, cL tells them to stop.

A list of approved subjects would help us here cL.

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Curz, I am beyond siked about this season, am loving my skins....but 8 weeks don't win you crap. And with bye issues, games in hand, a crazy league every week...who is leading a tight division at this point is irrelevant. Doesn't mean I am not positive, just taking a win the game in front of you, stay medium, control what we can approach.....

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Oh I am sorry curz, what an idiot I am for counting wins and losses while the game is IN THE 4TH QUARTER AND SEpERATED BY 5 POINTS.

of course how "negative" of me, I like to call winners and losers when the game is actually over....

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Looks like we crossed on our last two post cL and probably on this one as well. OK, I hear what you are saying, but I am just as siked about my Skins and can't help myself when my team win and how I want to see this game end.

Will try to get medium, but no promises...

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 6:59 PM | Report abuse

chrislarry...what is their job then? is it to find and INVENT negative stuff to incessantly harp on? Seriously?? Because from where i sit out here in fan land in the internet age, that is what i see some of them doing. Not all...but some. And its a noticeable constant drum beat. It is to me anyway.

As to not having an affect... its NOT laughable. If you know any thing about group psychology, perhaps you would not be laughing at the idea. Constant negative messages can and do have an affect on people.

If negative stuff is FACT based and Warranted... hey fair enough. IMO, that is not what is occuring with some of the Redskins beat reporters and some of their lines of questioning.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

CL,
For the most part the discussion is about standings and stats based off a hypothetical. Thats mostly harmless.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

From Mike Wise's column

That included Zorn, who blew a gasket in front of a microphone for the first time after the game. In an incident that might have said a little more about his competitiveness and temper than the Portis undressing, Zorn lost his patience when a Washington Times reporter kept rephrasing a question Zorn hadn’t quite answered to the reporter’s liking.
Out of nowhere, he slammed his fist on the podium during his press conference, chastising the reporter for rolling his eyes at him. Zorn asked him pointedly, “Have I answered your question?”
It was an uncomfortable moment for everyone in the room, and the two worked out the matter privately.

Posted by: CindyBoren | October 26, 2008 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Hey Eli just pukked a Gibbs (vs bills)....very weird

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Someone mentioned Brunell's 22 consecutive pass completion record a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly, none of those passes were in the air longer than 6 yards. I can't believe how many games Gibbs won with that shell of a former NFL calibur QB.

Posted by: PaulK2 | October 26, 2008 7:03 PM | Report abuse

SkinsfaninKaneohe,
what exactly was said?

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 6:18 PM

What would you actually do about it internet tough guy?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 26, 2008 7:10 PM | Report abuse

So its the WasTimes that is to blame. Must be part of the vast right wing, ah NM.

Leage leading RB's to this point. all the top five have played this week or are on bye.
1. Clinton Portis WAS 944
2. Adrian Peterson MIN 684
3. Michael Turner ATL 655
4. Marion Barber DAL 611
5. LaDainian Tomlinson SD 551

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 7:10 PM | Report abuse

SkinsfaninKaneohe, please players don't give two craps about the random questions from journalists.....not to mention that their has been plenty of great press the Skins have gotten....

And if any team is bothered but (sometimes) idiotic questions from reporters their softer than a chubby girla azz and won't win anything anyway....and that aint OUR team....

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 7:10 PM | Report abuse

if I am Pitt with an injured Punter. I start giving my Kicker his reps if I can.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Wonder if internet tough guy will come back and admit his mistake in rushing to judgement and assuming it was JLC who got under the skin of Zorn?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 26, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse

And its tied.....unfortunately my point is made...would have liked nothing more than to eat crow about Giants loss....

So it was everybodies fave "Elfin to the post" who got jumped on....classic...

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse

cL, get ready to read me eating my words and not staying medium. SJK!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Holy Crap!

Appreciate good ole Ethan Allen, I mean, Albright even more right now! Tie game now. Good Lord.

Posted by: suzannepdc | October 26, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Hey Alex -- I did offer you Jake Delhomme ... 24 points today. Of course Big Ben is a better QB, but Jake has the better WRs and easier schedule

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 26, 2008 7:15 PM | Report abuse

Can we loan the Steelers the red snapper for the next 5:08????

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 7:16 PM | Report abuse

yes I know but cant look back.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 7:16 PM | Report abuse

Not sure, although a snip from Mike Wise's colunm apparently answers the question re Zorn's blow up today. I am thinking this WT reproter is one of the guys to which my comments pertain. I have noticed one guy in particular asks questions in which he has already predeterined how he is going to play it in his article, and he keeps asking the question until he gets the sound bite he wants. last week, he asked the same neagtively premised question of all of the Redskins coaches and players after the Browns game as a recent obvious example.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 7:17 PM | Report abuse

Darn!!! Barring a miracle, the Giants are going to win :(

Posted by: Lisa_R | October 26, 2008 7:20 PM | Report abuse

Alex, you gotta figure out how to get your points spread out better, didn't you pull 130 something last week?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 26, 2008 7:22 PM | Report abuse

Lisa, not a miracle....just a TD at end of the game to tie/win...happens every week!

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 7:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Club320 | October 26, 2008 6:43 PM | Report abuse

----------------------------------------

You can call me negative all you want. But how many people have warm fuzzies about the 2nd half of the season? Really.

How confident are you playing Pitt, Dallas with another Pro Bowl receiver, New York and Baltimore with their bruising defenses, cross country at Seattle, a hungry Philadelphia looking for revenge...

Its great to be 6-2. But the truth is we SHOULD be 6-2. So what have we really accomplished?

Posted by: mattsoundworld | October 26, 2008 7:23 PM | Report abuse

OK...after those two plays...maybe a miracle....

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 7:23 PM | Report abuse

I did, but that was mostly thanks to that big game White had for Tenn. & AP had for Min. I did get a lot of guys on the bye this week.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 7:27 PM | Report abuse

Cl, you have not explained what the reporters job actually is??? is it to report the facts, or is it to invent theories and then MAINTAIN the BS theory even though the same question has been asked and refuted numerous times?

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 7:27 PM | Report abuse

crap I wanted to play a fat and happy steelers high on beating world champs...

On the flip, they didn't look so tough.

mattworld, c'mon dont you think your being a bit caustic? 6-2 is a great first half that sets us up to at least fight for a playoff season in second half. Don't forget we get all 3 division games at home.

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 7:27 PM | Report abuse

I have a real good feeling. We beat Dallas and Philly already at their homes now they come to ours. Nothing about the Giants scare me. We should have beaten them the first time and we will in our house.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | October 26, 2008 7:29 PM | Report abuse

I hope the Washington D line is taking notes.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mattsoundworld | October 26, 2008 7:23 PM

I dont know what YOU have accomplished. But the Redskins went 2-1 on the road to their division this season. Preseason Rookie coach, un-proven QB. NEW offense implemented. Questions on the offensive and defensive line. Most had the Skins winning 4-6 games all season. I am not much for all the predictions. I like to focus on the Steelers. I like to enjoy the wins, regardless of the fashion. But with what appears to be a lot of questions at the beginning and a really healthy number of people thinking this team would reuild this season, your comment above is hysterical...

Posted by: Club320 | October 26, 2008 7:32 PM | Report abuse

UGH, your right SkinsfaninKaneohe if the Redskins don't make the playoffs its b/c reporters asking questions will make them sad......

Go get a bunch of your friends to beat up the wash sports press core so we can save our season, OK?

But actually it a well orchestrated game of team officials selling spin, and reporters reframing questions to illicit answers that break away from the spin...happens in every market, after every game....why do you think there are all those Coors lite commercials with the coaches outtakes.

And of course reporters have angles, a focus of their story. You want "just facts" read the box score.

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

OK, looks like I jumped the gun (and hopefully I am jumping the gun again since there is still time on the clock) on assuming the jints would lose this game. Instead of leading the division, the Skins will be 1/2 game behind the jints after mid season (though the jints only played 7 games).

Might point is still valid about those being negative about how we get our wins. This team is finding ways to win and have improved their chances for a playoff spot.

Going to open another Shiner Bock to wash down these feathers and get me back to medium!

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

well Rothlisberger got 5 points losing 12 on Ints but looks like I still won my week by 1 point, and depending on how Lendel White runs tomorrow maybe more.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 7:36 PM | Report abuse

Giants won - looked tough overcoming mistakes and keeping pressure on "Big Ben." Good formulat - pound the ball ,pressure the QB and look for intermediate spots for the passing game.

Posted by: i155133 | October 26, 2008 7:41 PM | Report abuse

Unless Reggie Wayne goes for -22 yards and a fumble, I'm taking Nate down to 6-2.

Any word on Portis or Santana?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 26, 2008 7:41 PM | Report abuse

Nice Redskins debut today by Mike Green who was second on the team with 6 tackles, 5 of them solo.

Nice call by Blache to get this guy signed to replace Doughty.

Posted by: RedskinWillie | October 26, 2008 7:41 PM | Report abuse

Did anyone see Clinton Portis' postgame press conference? I'm suspicious cuz Redskins.com didn't post it. Makes me think he said something good.

Posted by: austin987654 | October 26, 2008 7:46 PM | Report abuse

They didn't really pound the football. Their total running yards were still below 100, if not a lot less. They got lucky because of the long snapper injury. Which sucks. Now at least next week we can rely on one screwup most likely on punting, extra point, etc.

Posted by: JesusFreakKaren | October 26, 2008 7:51 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins are a team that can play ...and WIN... against any team in the league. They may not be favored in every game, but there is nobody on the sked who i look at and say...wow, that is going to be nearly impossible to win. I see lots of games that are going to be very difficult to win. Div games, and the Steelers and Ravens games due to their defenses. If the Redskins make the same kind of mistakes they made today, they will be hard pressed to win any of those games. On the other hand, if the Redskins eliminate the protection breakdowns, the false starts (2? on heyer?), the holds(jansen had one) the key drops (dropped 1st down ball for Cooley), they could go 8-0 in the second half. Its doable. They will have to play better than they have played over the last 3 weeks to do this...and nobody knows that more than the Redksins themselves.

The good part is that its pretty much up to them... they don't need the competition to screw up to win. They can win in and of their own efforts. They go 2-6, they stay home wondering What if?? If they go 4-4 I figure they make the play offs and play on the road. They go 5-3 they may get a home wildcard game... they go 6-2 or 7-1 they perhaps get a bye and maybe home field throughout. Its all on the table, and its up to them to get it done.

Good win for the Giants. Redskins will have to win that game to win the division...

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 7:51 PM | Report abuse

Geez....John Saunders just said on Sportscenter "the Eagles win today puts them right back in the mix with the Giants and Cowboys." Huh? What about the Redskins? The flippin' Cowboys????? Seriously.

Posted by: Lisa_R | October 26, 2008 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Mike Singeltarys presser is banging. That mans fire makes Bill Cower look like a cowering lama.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Did i say that???????? Are you a reporter in disguise??? LOL. Seriously, that is not what i said, but i do find it frustrating that the tea, has to put up with this sort of crap. I guess i could summarize my beef in saying that the beat reporters have no accountability... they can write whatever they want irrespective of the facts...

And you still haven't said what their job is....

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Is there not a game on tonight because of the world series? Watching the pregame and now the 40 Year Old Virgin is on!

Posted by: suzannepdc | October 26, 2008 8:04 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Brooksie can get a job in Pittsburgh since their punter has an obvious hamstring problem...

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 8:04 PM | Report abuse

Two comments, for those who don't like the way we are winning, imagine the Norv Turner/Spurrier years. Would we have had the fortitude to pull late game clutch performances? I think not, those teams always found inventive ways to lose. I didn't think Zorn had a good game plan in the first half but he has certainly proved he's able to make half time adjustments. We're finally a second half team. We are certainly leaving way too many points on the field though, we need to get better in the red zone and stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

Second, while it doesn't help us at all, how refreshing was it to see the Giants play aggressive defense on that last drive rather than going into prevent? I still am baffled how so many smart defensive coordinators in this league stop doing what has worked for 90% of the game and go into "play not to lose" defense. You get a team in a standing eight count, knock them out! That applies to offense and defense.

Posted by: matt200091 | October 26, 2008 8:04 PM | Report abuse

Really a good win. I know, Detroit has zero wins. We were missing:

Springs
Horton
Samuels
+Betts and Doughty

And Jason Taylor does not belong on the field. I appreciate his effort, but he's just not there.

The mistakes are really a problem, the dropoff from Samuels to Heyer was huge.

And who was the guy whose tackle ended the Lions finale drive? London Fletcher. Of course.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 26, 2008 8:06 PM | Report abuse

Here is video of that clip from Zorn. I smell a Coors commercial.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 8:06 PM | Report abuse

Don't forget the Griff ZZ

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 26, 2008 8:09 PM | Report abuse

A win is not just a win. At some point you have to figure out how to minimize your weaknesses and maximize your stregnths (or strengthen your weaknesses). Unless you want this team to be the 13-3 2007 Cowboys or the 16-0 2007 Patriots, this team has to improve beyond just hoping to win in September and October.

This team has great potential. But they've pretty much just been the same team since the NYG game. They get yards (top 10 offense), they hold teams (top 10 defense), but the next step is to translate that to the scoreboard with TDs instead of FGs.

Posted by: spizzle | October 26, 2008 8:12 PM | Report abuse

LMAO! I guess someone really got under Zorn skin

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | October 26, 2008 8:16 PM | Report abuse

couldnt see the game today darn it....I hate living here for NFL games...

but anyway, I'm gonna take the win and get PUMPED to see my boys on Monday night!

and Keyshawn Johnson has called Santana THE best WR in the league, pretty high praise

PS HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS???

BRING ON FLORIDA!!!

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 26, 2008 8:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Just saw the Zorn press conference. The reporter had it coming.

If you want to ask "tough" questions, fine. If you want to ask follow-ups, that's fine too.

But it's totally unprofessional - not to mention rude - to roll your eyes at a guy (Zorn) who's doing his best to answer a question.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | October 26, 2008 8:21 PM | Report abuse

"

A list of approved subjects would help us here cL.

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 6:56 PM |"

couldn't agree more

I was talking about next year's draft and Chris "This is my blog" Larry told me to stop....

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 26, 2008 8:23 PM | Report abuse

lol @ Zorn, that's awesome!

nobody knows what the reporter asked?

and as someone asked, is there no game on tonight????

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 26, 2008 8:31 PM | Report abuse

also any 2nd round rookie sightings today other than Devin almost taking out Santana...

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 26, 2008 8:37 PM | Report abuse

I'm happy the Skins won, but it wasn't pretty. If the Skins play the Steelers like they just played the Lions (the worst team in the League) they will lose to the Steelers for sure. Looking at the schedule - we have a tough second half for sure.

2 more fumbles by Campbell and a lot of momentum and drive killing mistakes and penalties. Hopefully our guys who are hurt will be back for Pittsburgh.

The biggest problem seems to be settling for field goals instead of scoring touchdowns. Our stats look pretty fair except for scoring.

Also I thought Zorn's clock management and play calling at the end of the 1st half especially was suspect. Why can't we call 2 plays in a huddle so we don't have to waste 24 seconds - and then call an off tackle give up???

Still happy we are where we are, but much room for improvement. I would have liked to have heard Zorn's comments to Portis!

Posted by: captjim | October 26, 2008 8:38 PM | Report abuse

Devin caught a ball.... i THINK it was for a first down.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 26, 2008 8:40 PM | Report abuse

Really a good win. I know, Detroit has zero wins. We were missing:

Springs
Horton
Samuels
+Betts and Doughty

The mistakes are really a problem, the dropoff from Samuels to Heyer was huge.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 26, 2008 8:06 PM | Report abuse

Don't forget Sean Taylor....

Posted by: chris_rollins2k3 | October 26, 2008 8:48 PM | Report abuse

To answer your question - no NFL game tonight - just WS. Baseball is so boring on TV - worse than golf.

The Senators were hardly ever on TV. You could only see them in person. Most years they stunk so bad you could get free tickets or just sneak in. The games are much better in person. NFL is just as good on TV as in the stadium.

Posted by: captjim | October 26, 2008 8:49 PM | Report abuse

no game tonight. where are the Jason haters? None? I guess 300+ yards shuts ya up Posted by: alex35332 | October 26, 2008 8:19 PM

now i know why sports_guru exists!!!!! un friggin believealble!!!

just a couple of things...they shouldn't have gone for 2 points. this offense is not nearly good enough to give up ANY points.

second...i'm with portis on this one. why was alexander in the game for that long? seriously the sooner zorn realizes that alexander is scrap the better. meanwhile rock who is a million times better rb than alexander is just sittin there...

3rd gotta love zorn for going after that reporter whomever it was...part of me believes it was sportsbog guy...i'm hoping it wasn't. but what an idiot why would you
ever roll your eyes at a coach...especially zorn, who's so media friendly...

and watched comcast after the game and i was soooooooooo friggin pissed at the D...4th or 5th game this year where the offense gives them a two score lead and the D allows the other offense to come right back and score...but then i heard what greg blache had to say and i felt better...he was more pi s $ed than me and tore the D a new one...he said "this is the worst 6-2 D in the league"...awesome!!! let's hope something good comes out of this.

Posted by: dealer1 | October 26, 2008 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Note to the Truth11: No nfl game tonite because of the world series,you don't have nfl sunday ticket? I am a die hard Skins fan when my wife,daughter and i moved here(atl)from dc i made sure dir.tv was available. For all you doubters, nobody i mean no one could have predicted six and two i figured 4-4 maybe 5-3 but not this and Jason Campbell? I love Jason from his days at Auburn but this? no int's pocket awareness they can and will play better don't give Dallas more credit than they deserve,they escaped today against the Bucs,the Eagles beat a good Falcons team with a rookie qb who's going through OJT,the Giants are for real, all these teams are beatable the skins have already proven that so don't think the second half can't be better plus we'll be healthier after the bye week.

Posted by: dargregmag | October 26, 2008 8:54 PM | Report abuse

golf is awesome to watch on TV

the Masters is much more fun to watch on TV

Posted by: TheTruth11 | October 26, 2008 8:55 PM | Report abuse

Can we get an injury update on Portis/Moss?

Posted by: spizzle | October 26, 2008 9:04 PM | Report abuse

Alot of comments on how the Redskins will be facing tougher teams down the stretch. I say good, because that's when they seem to play better and be more aggressive. The last thing I want to see is another crappy team coming close to pulling an upset on them. And the refs screwed the Falcons on a call late in the game that sealed it for the Eagles.

Posted by: ga8085 | October 26, 2008 9:06 PM | Report abuse

Truth, I believe I said I didnt want to talk about the draft while the season is in play.....u can go right ahead and bore everyone with your expert scouting reports on back up TE on UGA...

and please more georgia football and Charlotte NBA talk, and your video game reviews...scintlating for us all I am sure......

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 9:09 PM | Report abuse

I agree bring on a quality team....and someone let the Bungles win before we play them!

Posted by: chrislarry | October 26, 2008 9:14 PM | Report abuse

Golf is horrifying in person OR on TV - Yuk! Golf isn't even a sport (like fishing).

Yeah - Portis seemed like he had a hamstring issue? Anybody have an update on that? If Portis was upset at being rested - good on him. "Gimme the ball coach" - gotta love that in a player.

Posted by: captjim | October 26, 2008 9:20 PM | Report abuse

I'd rather watch the WNBA than golf...

Posted by: ga8085 | October 26, 2008 9:25 PM | Report abuse

I want to support JZ's clock management. Situation: 1st & 10 deep (inside own 20) with 2:20 to til halftime. Lions had 2 to's, I think we had all 3 to's.

We don't want to give Det. the ball around midfield if we don't get a 1st down. We also want to force Det to use up their to's.

I don't have a tape of the game, but we ran to get to the 2 min warning on 1st down.

We ran on 2nd to use up Det's 2nd to.

There was a penalty, but we had a good play to get a 1st down. Only at that point did we start using our to's. Ultimately, we get a FG to end the half.

I think that was good clock-management.

Posted by: frediefritz | October 26, 2008 9:36 PM | Report abuse

frediefritz, I feel at that time that we were behind to the worst team in the NFL and had not generated much in the way of scoring points...

Take a few shots down the field in that situation Puhhlleeeeaseeee. We've got a decent quarterback with a strong arm, a great 1st WR, a good 2nd WR, a great tight end, and a great RB to throw to! Let's see some of that West Coast offense scoring that this coach Zorn is supposed to espouse!

Posted by: captjim | October 26, 2008 9:43 PM | Report abuse

i don't like the shaun alexander pick-up...sooner they get rid of him the better...6 carries 11 yards! it's so frustrating to see rock not get a chance to be the #2. first it was TJ and now this washed up dude. rock is no devin hester as a returner! he is a serviceable returner but he can be a million times better rb than alexander!

Posted by: dealer1 | October 26, 2008 9:48 PM | Report abuse

dealer1 - did you hear he TV broadcaster color guy - Coach Billick? He was saying what a great pick up Alexander was. Alexander has not showed me anything in his 1st 2 games as a Redskin but the coaches must want Rock to stay on special teams or they would have promoted him to #2 rather than bringing on Alexander.

You have to give Rock credit for not complaining. He just keeps on doing his job and playing hard.

Posted by: captjim | October 26, 2008 9:52 PM | Report abuse

"We've got a decent quarterback with a strong arm"

Just a decent QB? At this point, I'm ready to say we've got a great QB. In fact, I think we've got easily a top 10 QB in the league, possibly even closing in on top 6 or 7. Right now, no joke, taking age/injuries/chemistry into account, I think there may be a total of 2-3 QBs in the league that I would give consideration into trading JC for (Brady, Brees, and Cutler). And that's not even a definite yes on those guys either. No, I would not trade JC for Romo, either Manning (considering age/injuries for Peyton), Roethlisberger, or Rivers. Face it, we've got a bona fide stud behind center, and we haven't even come close to seeing his limits yet. Just wait until he has more than Moss as a true weapon too.

Posted by: spizzle | October 26, 2008 10:01 PM | Report abuse

"I'm getting pretty ticked off."

"Are you ok?"

--Jim Zorn

Classic. Dbag media getting put in there place.

Posted by: F_Registration | October 26, 2008 10:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: captjim | October 26, 2008 9:43 PM | Report abuse
I know it was frustrating. But we did not want to be in a bigger hole. If we don't get a first down there, we give them field position where they are in field goal range if they get one first down. So we want to milk time and try to use up their time-outs. Only after we get a first down should we get a little aggressive. Even then, we should keep our time-outs til inside 40 sec. to see if we can get to mid-field. With 2 or 3 to's in hand, a lot of ground can be covered.

Posted by: frediefritz | October 26, 2008 10:15 PM | Report abuse

Dealer, Cindy wrote earlier that it was a Washington Times reporter - so definitely not Dan Steinberg.

spizzle, Portis said after the game he was fine - that he is always dinged up but fine.

"Sanantonio" :) Moss problem appeared to be his hammy.

Posted by: Lisa_R | October 26, 2008 10:19 PM | Report abuse

Did anybody watch the NFL video clip about JC after the lions game? The coach 'em up piece explaining what he did well and how Zorn has made him a super QB. That makes me super happy. I can only hope that the addition of these injured players that we didn't have today will make the difference against the steelers.

Posted by: JesusFreakKaren | October 26, 2008 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Guys, guys, guys... it will take a few games for SA to get into football shape. But we got an experienced vet - who knows the passing and blocking part of Zorns scheme - for dirt cheap.

If he turns into a bum (ala. Adam Archulleta-man-run-by) what have we given up? I think its a great pickup.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | October 26, 2008 10:35 PM | Report abuse

Here is the Zorn press conference where you can hear the audio of the reporter, what a jerk...

Posted by: isnadd | October 26, 2008 10:36 PM | Report abuse

A couple points.

1. That Cleveland win looks pretty good to me. They beat the Giants and the Jags around our win.

2. That Stl loss doesn't look so bad.

3. Rock doesn't get the ball because he has butter fingers. They don't want to risk it.

Posted by: Glass_Half_Full | October 26, 2008 10:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: isnadd | October 26, 2008 10:36 PM | Report abuse

Isnadd, you are a fool! LMAO!!!

Posted by: ga8085 | October 26, 2008 10:52 PM | Report abuse

Winning the close games by making every game close... it's no way to make a Super Bowl.

Posted by: daggar | October 26, 2008 11:03 PM | Report abuse

That Avery guy that caught the killer pass for the Rams a couple of weeks ago ended up 6/163 with a TD. Our one bad play on a poorly thrown 50/50 ball may not be the dagger that it seemed at the time.
I really thought we'd be 3-5 right now, wondering whether Zorn was the guy and JC was the real deal. So maybe this isn't so bad.

Posted by: daggar | October 26, 2008 11:18 PM | Report abuse

And I just love what Norv's been doing with the Chargers. He is what I thought he was.
And is it wrong to take joy in those pics of Wade Phillips jumping up and down like the pillsbury doughboy on a hot cookie sheet right before Romo and McBriar got hurt?

Posted by: daggar | October 26, 2008 11:26 PM | Report abuse

When did Redskins.com start editing the press conference???? That sucks...I like dgetting my own take on what was said...Now it's edited like every other news media....

I'm thinking of having a "Don't Flinch" T - shirt made.....:)

Posted by: leevi98 | October 27, 2008 12:04 AM | Report abuse

Ladell Betts should have no worries about losing his backup job because Shuan Alexander looks about 50 years old. We need Betts back ASAP because of offense is non existent when CP is off the field

Posted by: BC1963 | October 27, 2008 12:21 AM | Report abuse

Gotta love that team owned media...

Posted by: chrislarry | October 27, 2008 12:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BC1963 | October 27, 2008 12:21 AM | Report abuse

The postgame interview video was the same montage that NFL.com put up. The NFL.com logo is even in the package. Pay Attention.
I have noticed in the past that redskins .com does not update the video until they get back to Ashburn with the team. I expect to see it tomorow am.

As to Wade Phillips, i always thought he was more like Bob's Big Boy than the Pillsbury Doughboy. He needs to run on the field with a big ass cheeseburger on a plate.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 27, 2008 12:38 AM | Report abuse

Winning ugly, winning unnecessarily close, it's WINNING, so it's all right with me...

And you know what? Bring on the Steelers. Bring them on. Our place, Monday night, two pretty doggone good teams... let's do this.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 27, 2008 12:43 AM | Report abuse

Also, AL Zeke, nice job in the fantasy F-ball. This is the part of the season where my team starts crashing to earth after eking out a bunch of cheap wins... karma, such as.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 27, 2008 12:48 AM | Report abuse

That's a terrific image, Kaneohe.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 27, 2008 12:53 AM | Report abuse

Roger that Nate. Steelers will come in with attitude. Prolly be more than a few of those damn ugly yellow towels too. Its gonna be a brawl... somebody cue Michael Buffer or Mills Lane. Big ben has been giving up a lot of sacks. We need to ass plant him.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 27, 2008 12:53 AM | Report abuse

Steve Yanda?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 27, 2008 12:58 AM | Report abuse

I hadn't thought of that, SfiK -- it's been a while, does Pittsburgh "travel well" to games at the Skins? I always hated how Penguins fans take over the Caps' building when their team's in town. Wonder if that kind of representation will be noticeable when the Steelers are visiting. Hmm...

And I will state for the record:

a. the Steelers are "my AFC team", to the extent I have one, though that's out the window this week;

2. I would tolerate (not enjoy, mind you, just tolerate) a Skins' loss in this game ONLY because it's a non-conference game, and ONLY if it lights a fire under this team so they rattle off a bunch of convincing wins against NFC teams.

But I have the Skins winning this one, another close game that's in doubt to the end.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 27, 2008 1:06 AM | Report abuse

sloooooooooow posting o' the comments...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 27, 2008 1:08 AM | Report abuse

thanks lisa. and funny that it was times aka danny's a-kissers LOL!!! ha-huh!!! can't wait for zorn to go off on vinny...publicly...

about SA...i'm fine with 2.5 ypc...my greatest fear is that he's going to end up costing the skins a game by fumbling. nfc east is brutal...and i don't want him near a live football in 40 degree weather against philly/giants.

though really wish betts would come back for next game...portis needs a break...steelers hit the sht i out of you...

nate, dude?! c'mon! you have another football team? don't know what to say...kinda disappointed...it's like saying yankees is my al team and the mets are my nl team. do you go on their message boards too? do you talk to them the way you talk to us? do you have SI (steelers insider) shabingi(plural of shabingus) like you have RI shabingus? i need to sleep...before...i find out...

Posted by: dealer1 | October 27, 2008 1:32 AM | Report abuse

Skins need to win all of their games...they are all winnable. It comes down to execution...and that is a very good thing. Ryan Clark is dinged...arm in a sling by the end of the game. Santonio might not be avialable since he was busted rollin in the blunt wagon. Will be intersting to see what happens with that. Its his 3rd brush with the law...

Just saw more of Iron Mike Singletary's comments. THAT game just got a lot tougher. You gotta love it though if you are a 49ers fan.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 27, 2008 2:49 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, right, dealer, no fan in the history of sports has ever had more than one team per league that they liked. As if it's new ground I'm breaking here.

It's not that complicated: I have a favorite team above all others, and there's another team in the other conference that I also like to see win, unless of course they're playing my favorite team.

I appreciate the sarcasm in your comments but no, I don't identify as a Steelers fan in any context, and I think I've demonstrated that with my attention span problems I can't follow, much less participate in, more than one blog. And good Lord, I would never, ever, attend a shabingus for the fans of any other team... that would be sacRIlege.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 27, 2008 6:52 AM | Report abuse

SfiK, I think we can keep an eye on SF, but that game is a loooong way away.

Agreed that this game Sunday is about execution... a slow start like those the past few weeks will not serve us against a premier team. Focus; execution; lust for mayhem; violent, aggressive, violent effing football.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 27, 2008 6:56 AM | Report abuse

To the question of Steeler fans in the house for this game; it will be awful. There are a ton of them here and will be WELL represented Monday night. You wont be seeing the "Hey Skins fans, the away team returned their tix, wanna buy them?" email. Nope, we gotta bring our throats cause they will be in full force...

Posted by: Club320 | October 27, 2008 7:17 AM | Report abuse

Gotta love that team owned media...

Posted by: chrislarry | October 27, 2008 12:21 AM | Report abuse

Still, it was team-owned that provided the unedited version as recently as last week. Maybe it's coming.

My take on the TCCL dust-up from a few days ago:

1. It's Jason's blog. He can use whatever terms he wants. The TCCL post is one I expect every week and screw you if you want to insist that it be 23 bullet-points long every sjking week. the man has a day job.

2. If you feel that the term TCCL (Tom Cruise Couch Leap) has lost a little of its satirical punch (which I don't necessarily disagree with) come up with something else, but we might want to try to follow a similar comical vein in the effort. first, to review, TCCL refers to a Tom Cruise appearance on Oprah from 2003(?), which Jason was referencing at a time (just before the 2006 season) when Snyder had bought Cruise's film-production company (details? I don't remember).

Here are a couple of suggestions: Jason Taylor Compartment Syndromes (JTCS), Snyder Forest Clear Cuts (SFCC), Vinny Inside the Red Zones (VIRZ)

None of them real great, but all in the right spirit I think. what do you want, I'm a synthesizer, not a visionary.

Posted by: R_Milot | October 27, 2008 7:29 AM | Report abuse

Oh, Jason Taylor Dance Competitions (JTDCs)

Posted by: R_Milot | October 27, 2008 7:32 AM | Report abuse

"I'm a synthesizer, not a visionary."

RMilot, I'm stealing that.

Glad I missed the TCCL dust-up, whatever that was. I have some catching up to do.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 27, 2008 7:37 AM | Report abuse

Nate, I actually can see why you are a Steeltown fan second to the Skins. They were the great Cowboy killer in all of those Superbowls. And there fans do have that Midwestern classiness to them when they visit...

Posted by: Club320 | October 27, 2008 7:41 AM | Report abuse

Yep, it had everything to do with growing up in the 70s, Club320.

Hey, 320, do you think the crowd on a Monday night will be extra crazy, relative to Sundays? I can't remember the last home Monday nighter... was it the opener of the 2006 season? What an awful freakin' game that was...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 27, 2008 7:51 AM | Report abuse

Listening to Brian Billick yesterday brought up the following questions.

1. Who is Hogan and why is someone searching for his goat?
2. What does the word Nemis mean?
3. Did Santana Moss change his name too ala Ocho Cinco Johnson?
4. If Billick is still the smartest man in the room, how dumb are the people in that room exactly?

Posted by: torqued21 | October 27, 2008 7:54 AM | Report abuse

Its gonna be crazy regardless. The NFL assumes the two best records going head/head to be the Game of the Week. Now, the Dallas/Giant game will get plenty of hype as will Indy?Pats. But as far as the crowd, its gonna be nuts. 6-2 vs. 5-2? I was not kidding about the Steeler fans. The Skins fans will certainly be present. But this will truly be a game where not a seat in the house is available. Including all the obstructed views. Hopefully, ESPN will set there cameras up elsewhere!

Posted by: Club320 | October 27, 2008 7:55 AM | Report abuse

steelers fans are mad annoying, but they do have the highest percentage of babes of all nfl fandoms. gotta like that!

Posted by: chrislarry | October 27, 2008 8:01 AM | Report abuse

6-2 is good. We all wanted 7-1 but 6-2 will do just fine. The three game stretch that we all expected to end with Redskin dominance is instead a 2-1 any-given-sunday scenario.

Three thoughts from the stretch: 1) Skin's loose the turnover battle in each of the contests resulting in closer than expected matches, 2) Defense is fantastic until leads in fourth - Cleveland, Detroit given life and Dallas for that matter. Lack of pass rush. 3) Yards on offense aren't translating to points. Field position is important.

So there are some weaknesses on this team that still need to get fixed.

Posted by: bangkokben | October 27, 2008 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Good win, might have been ugly, didn't see it myself, but a win is a win. Profound, I know.....

From watching the Pitt/NY game yesterday, it seemed to me like Carter might be able to get some pressure on BR off the corner. The RT seemed to struggle with speed. That being said, I think the Redskins are going to run on Pitt, however having Heyer out there versus Harrison, scares me.

Anyone catch Deoin nicknameing SA the "Tiptoe Burgler"....high comedy, coming from a guy who avoided contact at all costs.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 27, 2008 8:26 AM | Report abuse

good morning and beep beep

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 27, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

brunnel set that record with 5 to 6 yard passes. anyone could do that. there should be an asterick beside his name for that record. he stunk. skins still look like they are being coached by gibbs. zorn said in the beginning that he was going to call plays to win the games not hold on to almost lose. it really does not matter how but they win that is great. the refs this year are the worst i have ever seen them. skins have been giving their fans heart attacks for a long time. they are 100% better than they were with turner and the non ball coach. goooooooo skins. i will just keep taking heart meds haha.

Posted by: rls1041 | October 27, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

billick and d. johnston are the worst football announcers ever. neither one know the names of the players. at least this is billicks first year so thats his excuse johnston has been horrible for years thats why aikman wanted to not announce with him. fox needs millen back he was a good announcer. also i do not see pitt. being as good as people say they are.

Posted by: rls1041 | October 27, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse