Taylor Returns to Practice Field

It's looking like another spirited practice this morning, with the Skins in full pads.

Jason Taylor and his plantar fasciitis are back on the field and is, as Jasno says, dancing the morning away. Shawn Springs returns, too. We'll see who hits and who gets hit this morning.

Antwaan Randle El, LaRon Landry, Stephon Heyer, Todd Wade, H.B. Blades, Malcolm Kelly and Anthony Mis remain out.

With a heavy morning practice, the afternoon session most likely will be a light one, limited to special teams work.

By Cindy Boren  |  August 13, 2008; 9:07 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Guest Blog: Who Should Be Next for the HOF?
Next: Taylor Puts on a Defensive Show

Comments

2nd

Posted by: me | August 13, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

As long as Campbell doesn't get hit...

Posted by: Chris | August 13, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

First?

Posted by: RambleOn | August 13, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Eleventeenth!

Posted by: [cc] | August 13, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Chia Pet, are you a doctor for real? Can you give me any advice on how to heal my broken pinky finger?

Posted by: Lisa | August 13, 2008 9:13 AM

Dr. Chia's not here right now. In his absence I'd like to suggest plenty of bed rest, typing with the other fingers, and take two aspirin.

The doctor will be here with more detailed advice later. If he and I don't help you, try NCICURN. Both of us are practicing without a license.

Posted by: Mull It | August 13, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

No hitting the QB!

Posted by: jm220 | August 13, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

btw/fyi/byob/bygo, we're at 217,750 comments.

Posted by: Cindy | August 13, 2008 9:21 AM | Report abuse

So it looks like the sky ISN'T falling on JT then. I'll be interested to read Corkczar's first post of today....

Posted by: Redcoat | August 13, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Is anyone else concerned that Landry is missing so much time?
I thought it was no big deal at first, but now I'm starting to wonder if missing this much time is going to hurt him once the season starts. Hopefully, he will be ready to play the third and fourth preseason game.

Posted by: Matt | August 13, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

I'll be interested to read Corkczar's first post of today....

Posted by: Redcoat | August 13, 2008 9:22 AM

And can you name one other person who shares this interest?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

A little over three weeks and a little over 7,000 comments to the "Minimatum"?

No sweat, Cyn City...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 13, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

I share that interest. Cork is nancy negative, and takes any, and every opportunity to make a mountain/issue out of what amounts to nothing.

So I'm interested to see his spin on this one.

Posted by: Greg | August 13, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

9:27

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Is anyone else concerned that Landry is missing so much time?

Posted by: Matt | August 13, 2008 9:22 AM

Dumb question. Yes, everyone else is concerned. But, unlike you, we're doing something about it. We're praying to Saint Hamuel, the patron of injured football players. He'll be back tomorrow.

Posted by: Motivator | August 13, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Matt - I think they're just being extremely cautious with Landry because he's above and beyond the best safety on the squad. No sense in rushing him back out with 3 weeks of preseason left and possibly causing real damage. Sometimes the hammies just need time to heal and the good thing is we've still got time to wait on it. He'll be fine (I hope).

Posted by: [cc] | August 13, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse

We have a lot of negativo's on this blog at times. But the doom and gloom's are balenced out by the Danny's **** is gold folks.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

I was at first but after reading the MRI report no. He needs to get that hamstring right before the season start.

Posted by: jm220 | August 13, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Alex35332, your clock's a minute off...

Posted by: Father Time | August 13, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

FT
It changed as I was waiting for it to upload.. Hit submit and it switched

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Preseason means nothing. Sure, Landry doesn't have that much experience, but it's probably better not to rush him.

Posted by: Cindy | August 13, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Mull It, have you finalized on a specific persona yet? You are motivator too aren't you?

I wondered as you seem to be posting more regularly now as Mullet.

Posted by: Redcoat | August 13, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Cindy | August 13, 2008 9:33 AM

This is written by a woman who is assured of her roster spot, about a man who is assured of his. But for me, preseason isn't just everything. It is the only thing.

Posted by: MacMullen | August 13, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

And can you name one other person who shares this interest?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 9:23 AM

I do.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Alex, I don't consider myself one nor the other of those folks. What I do consider myself is somewhat of a realist, and try not to react emotionally when things happen.

Posted by: Greg | August 13, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Redcoat,

Until registration returns there we continue to experiment with establishing respected and respectable subsidiary brand names. That's all I can say at this time, in this venue.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 13, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Greg,

as some idiot told me on my trip: "This is america, pick one side or the other"

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

And can you name one other person who shares this interest?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 9:23 AM

I do.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 9:37 AM

My right brain doesn't know what my left brain is thinking.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

* Original and BEST RI FFL Fantasy post - apologies to all not interested *

I am going to close the poll on which day we do the draft at midnight tonight, so those who have not voted, please do.

In the event of a tie, I will be the deciderer about whether we go with 8/23 or 8/30 - the current leading choices.

* we now return you to your regular blogging *

Hey Cindy, given up on the Twittering yet?

Posted by: Redcoat | August 13, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Dang I missed a lot with the PC convo and such. I'll keep my opinion to myself on that regard, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

I haven't seen much football recently except the HOF game, which was good except the first team defense. When you have half your starters sitting out, it's expected though. I really liked how there were very few obvious mental errors/coaching errors. Zorn called a good game and everyone executed well. I'm especially pleased with the progress JC is making. Aside from the scare with the "disappointed" comments a few weeks ago, he's been able to bring peace to my mind (no worries as long as he can do this in a few weeks). He's looked sharp and poised in the pocket. The showing of all 'skins QB's in that game though was extraordinary. Collins needs more time to adjust to Zorn's system. As soon as he starts to feel comfortable in this system, he should return to the awesome backup that he was in Saunder's system. Hopefully that won't take too much longer (I'm guessing another month or so - once the plays become automatic in his head where there's no thinking, his good mental instincts should take over).

As for the Olympics, the judging has been horrible. Everything where there is judging the announcers say at least two of the Chinese scores should have been lower and at least two of the American's scores should have been higher. Every single time; I just think they're subconsciously giving it to them. In some cases, like diving, the Chinese would have won even with fair judging, but it makes it hard to watch. Plus the Chinese gymnasts being under 13 when there's an age requirement is grotesque. Why would the IOC say their passports are sufficient; I'd want to see their birth certificates, passports, everything with the DOB on it to at least make more work for the cheating Chinese. And who has ever heard of a male Chinese cyclist being any good - wasn't he in the leading pack towards the end of the race? Same with swimming - they've gotta be taking some sort of PED's and probably able to get around the testing; I wouldn't be surprised to have the Chinese athletes know ahead of time when the drug testing is. On the good side, it was nice to have the Americans shut up the French in the men's 400 m freestyle relay.

Posted by: Karen | August 13, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Thanks t_e, nice to have you all here.

Posted by: Redcoat | August 13, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

LOL, Alex, thats some funny stuff.

Sorry, I think Snyder is a work in progress, and while he's done some regrettable things in trading away picks early in his tenure, I think he's done some very good things lately.

Injuries in football are to be expected, and I'm quite certain that no matter what type of treatment anyone on this blog got for their planters peanut-itis, JTaylor is getting something 1000 times greater.

Just like when the team hired Zorn, and people were saying he'd be a TERRIBLE coach, and were calling the team the laughingstock of the league. My point was alway's to see how this panned out, to give Zorn a chance. Where are those naysayers now??

Posted by: Greg | August 13, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Thanks t_e, nice to have you all here.

Posted by: Redcoat | August 13, 2008 9:47 AM

One big happy family; one mildly maladapted schizophrenic.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 13, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

I tend to agree with most hat statement. My bottom line: I can't control the team so what you gonna do?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg | August 13, 2008 9:50 AM

I think they're still with us. Aren't they the ones who still think that we should trade Betts and sign Marcus Mason to a nine-year contract before the next exhibition game when his value increases to a level we can't afford?

Posted by: Mull It | August 13, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg | August 13, 2008 9:50 AM

I do agree with you Greg but be careful with this statement.

The argument you consistently use against the "Marcus Mason for Super Bowl MVP" posters is that he has not done a thing in a regular season game. Yet.

I remember when Kevin Keegan first became manager of Newcastle United and had his team playing flowing football and racing away with the EPL title in the 90s, everyone said what a great manager he was. But then Alex Ferguson - a REAL great manager - got into his head over the course of some games and Newcastle fell apart, never to really challenge again. And Keegan is now known as a mediocre manager.

What's my point? Zorn has done really well so far, but he hasn't come up against anyone in a REAL game yet. He hasn't come up against another team trying to gain the psychological ascendancy. He hasn't had to change tactics when his team are being battered, he hasn't had to deal with the loss of a key player from a game or from the season when it is all on the line.

He's made a very good start, but they're shooting potato guns in the pre-season, not live bullets.

Posted by: Redcoat | August 13, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Actually, I take that back. They're shooting paintball guns in the pre-season, and we all know how that can work out! :)

Posted by: Redcoat | August 13, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Twittering has taken off, UsedRaincoat. I have eight followers, restraining orders pending against six of them.
beep beep

Posted by: Cindy | August 13, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

RC, you're a wise old sage.

Good points. I'm not saying that Zorn should be prepping his induction speech for Canton, but I guess my point was, lets see what he does, before passing judgement.

As far as Mason goes, I actually might be coming around on him, not to the point that some are, and I'd still rather have Mix on the team, but I'm curious to see what exactly he is going to contribute to the team if he is kept.

Posted by: Greg | August 13, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Beep, Beep (about 5 minutes ago)

Posted by: NCICURN | August 13, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

he tossed Jon Jansen to the ground "like a wet rag" a good three yards behind the quarterback on one play

I think Jansen has been the one who allowed 2 QB sacks in as many preseason games too.

He hasn't looked good at all. Anyone else a bit worried?

Posted by: MyrtleBeachMike | August 13, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse