The Game Within The Game

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the Redskins offensive line is gonna be under fire tonight. The game could be won or lost right there, and the match-up of Giants end Justin Tuck vs. Skins RT Stephon Heyer will be a fascinating game within the game.

Tuck showed he could be a beast to handle on the inside as a rookie last year, and teammates believe he can be even more disruptive on the edge. With Jon Jansen struggling greatly in pass protection, Coach Jim Zorn made the move to Heyer, an un-drafted second-year player. Heyer is quicker and more agile than Jansen, but not nearly as cagey. He will be tested tonight, no doubt.

Opposing defensive coaches who have studied Zorn this preseason believe he wants to use as many five-and-six-man protection packages as possible. But if the RT needs help all the time, well, that gets a lot more difficult. With 6-7 Mathias Kiwanuka moving from LB to RE, left tackle Chris Samuels could have his hands full as well.

When Heyer played last season he did not get overloaded that much on his side, but I would look for the Giants to run a lot of stunts to the right side of the line (right guard Randy Thomas has been injury-prone in recent years and has not played to his normal Pro Bowl standards in the preseason).

The Redskins were running more outside running plays to the left side in the preseason, with left guard Pete Kendall and not Thomas pulling, and while Jansen has been in decline in pass protection, he can still bully people in the run game.

When the Giants met as a team to prepare for this game, there was a lot of video of Washington's ugly 47-3 loss to Carolina - particularly the lapses in pass protection, with Julius Peppers throwing Samuels into QB Jason Campbell, and Jansen getting beat as well.

With the offense switching to another new system and Campbell trying to establish himself - and an entire offseason to prepare for this game - New York will attack. The Giants expect Zorn to try to spread them, but believe that rookie safety Kenny Phillips has same game-changing ability and though he won't start he could be a big factor in the nickel and dime packages.

(One thing about Heyer - he's a hard kid not to like and root for. He's very well mannered, pleasant and knows how to carry himself. He also worked his tail off this offseason.

Quick story: The other day Ryan O from the Wash Times and I were talking to him before practice about taking over for Jansen. Obviously, it;s a touchy issue, displacing the longest-tenured guy in the organization as a second-year guy. We thought Stephon was cool and accomodating, as always. He came across as a little guarded, but, again, nothing out of the ordinary under the circumstances. So after practice a few hours later Heyer seeks us out to apologize to Ryan and me, He says he feels like he was kind of a jerk and not himself, but was just a tad uncomfortable talking about everything and didn't know what to say. Now he wasn't anything close to surly or standoffish, and we didn't detect a thing at the time. But the fact he would track us down before he headed to meetings to pass along his concerns was a pretty good indicator of the kind of kid he seems to be.)

By Jason La Canfora  |  September 4, 2008; 8:40 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: T-Minus 12 Hours...
Next: Sizing Up Cerrato

Comments

1st

Posted by: me | September 4, 2008 8:45 AM | Report abuse

"The Giants were the league's best pass-rush team a year ago and even with Osi Umenyiora and Michael Strahan gone, they are gonna keep rotating fresh bodies. Defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo will be fired up - he interviewed for the Skins' head coaching vacancy over the winter and I am told was upset when some info was leaked to the Associated Press about Spagnuolo allegedly saying during the process that he was not yet ready to be a head coach. And he loves to bring the heat."

Skins FO can't do anything right

they either don't talk enough or they talk too much

FICKLE is the word I believe...

Posted by: The Truth | September 4, 2008 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Personally, I think that Samuels handles Kiwi no problem. I also hope that Buges pisses in each offensive linemens cheerios this morning, and calls each one of them out, talks about their momma's, and has them Pissed off by game time. I want them mean, and nasty, playing till the whistle, and knocking guys on their @sses....

Posted by: Greg | September 4, 2008 8:49 AM | Report abuse

We need to run Portis early and then open things up...

Posted by: Matt | September 4, 2008 8:51 AM | Report abuse

okay any word on the health of LL and JT????

I want both playing tonight if they are over 80%

Posted by: The Truth | September 4, 2008 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Truth,

Agreed on LL I think he is fine plus he is young.

Disagree on JT I think he should wait a week and get fully healthy.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 4, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

and yeah Greg, I'm just picking on Tryon. I'm 100% for giving him a chance and trying to coach him up, that's something we've been missing overall and I like where we're headed. I'm hoping we trade our first round pick next year for 2 2nd round picks again and continue to get younger.

Posted by: The Truth | September 4, 2008 8:42 AM

Truth,
2 2nd's would be hard I think. Not many teams would have that to begin with and if they do, their 2 2nds may not be fair value. I would personally be happy with a 2/3/4, and then maybe trade 2 4's for a 3. as long as we can get 3-4 guys in the first 100 picks next year I am happy. The top 100 has a lot of prospects right now in positions we need, and not as many at positions we don't. Lot of D side guys and OL, not many WR/RB/QB. So I think we have an advantage in that teams looking for their next playmaker on O will want that 1st round pick.

Posted by: 35332 | September 4, 2008 8:49 AM
Reposted from last thred

Posted by: 35332 | September 4, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

They did a injury post yesterday. JT is a gametime decision, if he plays he plays in a rotation. LL I have heard weeks ago is at 90% and just did not want to take a risk in pre=season, I bet he goes.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 4, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

My call to counter the pass rush:
1)work the running game (time to earn your check CP, hope you are nice and rested)
2)THROW SCREENS
3)play alot of 2 tight end formations to give Campbell outlets to his big targets; something that I didn't hear folks talk about alot is that Fred Davis had a good preseason; get him out there to catch the ball with Cooley in the flats and force the Giants to make tackles - both those TEs (and especially Cooley) are guys who can make moves and take hits and still run after the catch

Posted by: p1funk | September 4, 2008 8:58 AM | Report abuse

km, agreed on JT. Sit him for this game.
Run their OT's ragged with Wilson, Jackson, James, and Evans. I want those guys fresh at the end of the game, and I want Eli looking out his ear-hole....

Posted by: Greg | September 4, 2008 8:59 AM | Report abuse

No deep analysis needed here.

Giants 27
'Skins 6

Portis rushes for about 60 yards, with his longest run a 7-yard off-tackle jaunt. JC tosses two picks. One deep in our own territory late in the 1st half that the G-men take advantage of (Manning to Burress), and one late in the game that's returned for a score. A crappy team with crappy draft picks with a crappy owner and a crappy Vice-President of footballl Operations and Chief-Keeper-of-the-Urinal-Cakes. 4-12 this season.

Posted by: 4th in the East | September 4, 2008 8:59 AM | Report abuse

We'll hell, I guess we may as well just forfeit this one, huh?

5 games is a lonnng preseason and I'm sure all players are ready for games that count. I reserve judgment on any team's prospects at least until after 3 games.

I think the Giants do enough to win tonight, but the Skins acquit themselves well in a close game.

Posted by: Daddy00 | September 4, 2008 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | September 4, 2008 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Don't hold back 4th in the East. Let us know what you really think

Posted by: NFeKPo | September 4, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

4th in the East:

Worst post ever.

Posted by: Matt | September 4, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Yeah I'm thinking LL would be fine, I think he pulled a CP in preseason, which I really don't have a problem with.

and agree with 35332 on his post. I remember this past year watching the draft at a resturant, I saw we traded our first and never thought I'd be so excited for that.

so ready for tonight! People are like "Why are you all energetic?" Two words - RED and SKINS

I feel like I'm playing tonight! More pumped for this than the Dawgs game last week since this one will actually be a good game!

Posted by: The Truth | September 4, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Skins FO can't do anything right

they either don't talk enough or they talk too much

FICKLE is the word I believe...

Posted by: The Truth | September 4, 2008 8:48 AM

Actually, I think this is a legitimate criticism of the FO. That is the type of info that should be kept private. Now Spagnola can use it against us.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 4, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Hey 4th in the east they also have some sh!tty fans like you, I hear the cowgirls are looking for fans see yah.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 4, 2008 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Disagree on JT I think he should wait a week and get fully healthy.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 4, 2008 8:53 AM

I agree. Rest him for 10 days, he'll be much better off for the rest of the season.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

and yes, we need LL to have a late hit early in the game to set the tone, EF IT

Posted by: The Truth | September 4, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

I think the biggest key to this game is going to be the Redskins' ability to run the ball and complete short/screen passes to negate the pass rush. Once the defense starts to try and tighten up, then go over the top. But let the run game set everything else up.

Also, I wouldn't feel too comfortable putting Heyer out there on an island against Tuck. We all remember what Kerney did to him in January in the playoffs.

Posted by: ng1055 | September 4, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Daddy00: Love your optimism and I share your love for the team. I just really dislike Snyder and Cerrato and what they've done to this once-glorious franchise. But I don't want to see the team acquit themselves well. I want them to win! I'm sick to death of "moral victories". I don't want to see another late-season run to get themselves back in contention. They end up out of gas when they do that. I want them to sned a loud message right out of the chute that they're a team to be reckoned with in the NFC East. But they're badly overmatched in terms of front-office personnel and moves.

Posted by: 4th in the East | September 4, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

I think the game will be pretty close but I think the difference maker will be turn-overs.

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | September 4, 2008 9:07 AM | Report abuse

God Bless the Redskins...win or lose i hope they play with a lot of heart..its a long season and anything can happen..Good Luck to the Redskins. Good Luck to the Giants. And Good Luck to the rest of the NFL..And with that said let the NFL season kickoff..WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOOTBALL!!

Posted by: FAB88 | September 4, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

"Like most of you, I think the game will come down to how many times Campbell ends up on his back, how many times he has to rush a throw (and thus maybe force something into double coverage)."

NO, MAINLY JUST YOU THINK THIS, JLC!!! THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO FOOTBALL THAN THAT TO DECIDE THE OUTCOME OF A GAME, THATS JUST A DROP IN THE BUCKET. GET PORTIS ON TRACK AND THE GIANTS WILL HAVE TO SIT BACK AND WONT BE ABLE TO PASS RUSH...

Posted by: X-E | September 4, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Wow, JLC says Tuck was a rookie last year. He was a rookie in 2005. Only off by two years. That's awful.

Posted by: skins5434 | September 4, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

All I kept hearing was that Spagnuolo turned the job down....even though no one on the Redskins ever said they offered it to him. The media outlets just assumed they did.....who really knows?

Posted by: Lisa | September 4, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

4th in the east,

This team was far from glorious when Snyder baught it.

Cook ran this team into the ground after Gibbs left he stayed with Norv Turner 5 years to long and as far as players the cubbered was bair when Snyder took over.

Has Snyder done anything great know but he is trying and spending money, I can think of 10 owners in the NFL who could care less if there teams win or not.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 4, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

The whole Spagnola thing is fluff...has he come out and said that he's miffed, or is that some speculation perhaps yet to be confirmed??

The "rotating bodies thing" is what they Giants did last year when they had Strahan, and Osi. They can rotate bodies all they want, but you remove the "quality" from that equation, and suddenly its not as daunting.

Instead of a rotation of Osi, Strahan, Tuck, its going to be Kiwi, Tuck, Jerome McDougal, and Renaldo Wynn.

Posted by: Greg | September 4, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Greg,

Agreed you can rotate all day but if you do not have talent you are rotating sh!t.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 4, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

It comes down to JC's headspace. If he is playing with some swagger we are going to be deadly. I think we have no idea what the O will look like, they tried not to tip their hand too much in those 5 games. We did not establish a run game at all with the starters in those games for sure.

So you pick the first play:
I say 2 TE single back set with the TE's on the strong side, send moss in motion and he lines up tigt, play action, moss cuts a short in rout, Cooley slants and El on a deep rout. If the CB goes to cover Moss hit Cooley towards the outside. If Moss does not get the coverage hit him after he crosses the trenches.

Posted by: 35332 | September 4, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

My play:
2 TE Set, Sellars and Portis in the backfield. Motion Sellars to the left. Play action, Moss runs a 10 come back to 7, Randle El with a deep post, Cooley with a read route where if its zone, he settles at 5, if its man, he runs a 5 and out to the right sideline.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Draws, delays, HB Screens and bubble screens to the opposite side of the blitz.

Also, don't forget Rabach play will be a huge factor in this here ball game. he has to call out the blocking assignments.

One final thing. Didn't we beat the giants late last year when they had all of their Defensive lineman? But yet, we don't stand a chance tonight? Penalties and mental mistakes will be the deciding factors tonight. Handle the crowd, no false starts (or 1 at best) and we will be fine. It's just x's & o's baby!!!

Posted by: Hail2theChief | September 4, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Anonymous=me, my bad

Posted by: ng1055 | September 4, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Cindy, I'm very curious about the Vinny article. I've heard Vinny say NUMEROUS times that the Washington Post will NEVER get a story or quote from him....so the comments attributed to him must have come from other articles written elsewhere. Right? I can only imagine that Vinny is even more ticked off with the Post this morning.

Posted by: Lisa | September 4, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 9:05 AM

That was me. sorry

Posted by: frediefritz | September 4, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

My play:

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 9:21 AM

Great but if I do my math right thats 12 men on the field.

5 OL
2 TE
1 FB
1 RB
2 WR (Moss and EL)
1 QB
=12

Posted by: 35332 | September 4, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

*flag* Too mnay men on the field -5 yards. try again this is the type of stuff that cannot happen tonight!

Posted by: Hail2theChief | September 4, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Didnt LL lay out Buress last year and give him the throat slash?

I want LL to 'stalk' the middle and just lay hit after hit. Then they go to sideline routes which now favor the DB since there is none of that "if he had come down without contact from the DB, ut would have been complete' crap. That with the cant review on an incomplete are/were the two worst most subjective rules in the book.

Im a zebra, I should know....

Posted by: Zebra | September 4, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

I'm not getting any work done today......nervous and excited about tonight. I just want them to keep it close in the 1st half to get the rust off....then get into a rythym in the 2nd half and take over the game for a 27-20 win. HAIL VICTORY!!!

Posted by: dlhaze | September 4, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Simple...Run a bunch of draw plays and screen passes to help offset the pass rush.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

We knocked the snot out of the Giants for 6 quarters last year. we should have beat them the first game and if we had they would have never began rolling the way they did. There stongest point, their pass rush is depleated they cannot rotate. They will miss Kawika at LB as much as they will miss Osi at end. heyer will get help from the TE's and portis will be keepin JC in check. We can run the ball better then them, just need landry to lay the wood pn plexiglass early going and hell be ghost the rest of the game.

Posted by: Stu | September 4, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

@35332: Its still early!
Correction: 1 TE, motion Sellars to the right. Everything else stays the same.

Posted by: ng1055 | September 4, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Also, I remember in OTA's and the like how LL was making mad plays. Someone wrote 'He just nodded his head to the sideline (coaches) as to say, I saw that coming a mile away'.

Hopefully LL was just 'resting'. I would rather lose this game tonight as long as we dont suffer anymore injuries that could screw us the rest of the year.

Thrthfully in division, 3 road game in the first 5, I think we are losing 2 or those 3. So knowing or expecting that, I want LL there for our 3 homegames at the end of the seaosn as well as JT.

Posted by: Zebra | September 4, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Hail2theChief | September 4, 2008 9:42 AM | Report abuse

So pissed I have class tonight and no DVR
Whoop the tar out of them skins! Tight ends and Portis make the difference in this game. Keep the playcalling simple and dominate the line. Buges better have something up his sleeve to call out his veterans and get Heyer squared away.

Posted by: dcinsd | September 4, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jason, you just love to post quotes from anonymous sources whenever it reflects poorly against the skins management. Try not to let your personal feelings of the skins FO reflect upon your blog... Then again, it's your blog and we still read it.

Posted by: Sheesh | September 4, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

As the Danny said: I want Violent F****** FOOTBALL!

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 4, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Run right at Kiwi, and Tuck, grind these guys into the dirt, and then step on their throats...heck, split Sellers out wide, and have him crack back on them too...

Posted by: Greg | September 4, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

I don't get what Spagnola is so allegedly pissed about. He turned down the job, right? When was it leaked that he said he wasn't ready to become a head coach?

F Granola and F Big Blue Nads.

I'm excited to see how Portis does tonight. I would llike to see his stat line look something like this: 21 carries -106 yds, 4 cth - 40 yds, 2 TDs

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 4, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Red, "alleged" is all you need to know.

I'm not sure there is much substance to back that "allegation" up...

Posted by: Greg | September 4, 2008 9:49 AM | Report abuse

You gotta be kidding me yeah Yoder is like an Olineman but cooleys a TE for a reason that dudde can block he can get about anyhting done on the football field you ask him to. its not like hes going one on one against tuck hes there for support.

Posted by: Stu | September 4, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Red & Greg, I never heard Snyder & Co acknowledge they even OFFERED Spags the job....

Posted by: Lisa | September 4, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Cooley I hear has been working on the blocking skills this year.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 4, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

LaRon WILL rank among the top 5 safties this year...

Chris Cooley can't block? I don't think he's a prototypical blocking TE, but I know under Gibbs he had plenty in-game experince blocking. If he was so suspect at blocking I don't think Gibbs would've had him in there. Even if he was terrible when they first threw him in there, as many repetitions as he took, you'd think he would've got better at blocking along the way, if not one of the better blocking TEs in the league.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 4, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Also, I'm not bought on this game being decided by sacks. Sacks are actually pretty overrated. I'd take a player who bats down balls and disturbs the QB on every play (making him leave the pocket, getting hands up in his face, etc.) on every other play over a D linemen that gets 2 sacks per game.

Sacks are an overrated stat, ask any NFL headcoach.

Posted by: The Truth | September 4, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

@ Stu
I wish i was kidding. CC is not a good blocking TE. Watch him on running plays he seldom gets his man. He is not good a t selling the fake block and leak out and he is terrible in 1 on 1 pass blocking situations. He is a great route runner & pass catcher who knows what to do with the ball and a fan favorite but a blocker he is not.

Posted by: Hail2theChief | September 4, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

"TE's cannot help except Yoder. I love me some CC but dude can't block. We have got to spread them out and gap them with draws and dealys. Moss & ARE have to make catches even for 7-8 yards tonight to keep the chains moving. no drops

Posted by: Hail2theChief | September 4, 2008 9:42 AM "

You're wrong, Cooley can block fine. Yoder obviously can block. We can line Sellers up at TE to block. Davis wasn't a BAD blocker in college either. All our TE's are solid if not very good blockers. Then you throw Portis there as a blocking RB (probably THE BEST in the league right now in that category) and we should be okay.

Posted by: The Truth | September 4, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

I only read the sports section of the post, because of the liberal crap the rest of the paper throws at you. JLC is starting to get ridiculous though. He makes it seem like it is a college team about to face the super bowl champs. He is horrible

Posted by: ihatepropaganda | September 4, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

F Haters! Today is about excitement and bold predictions. If it falls those panty waste giants way, we'll have at the corpse tomorrow....

Today its... Lets Go baby!!!!!!! 28-3 with all the stars shining...lets p*SS on the SB champs new season...

F the giants
F goombahs
F the mob
F jimmy hoffa
F my family who are giants fans
F opening night concerts

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 4, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

and yes I re-read that and see that I want a player who disturbs the QB on every play AND on every other play. Talk about skills.

Posted by: The Truth | September 4, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

F brandon jacobs
F a. Bradshaw
F Chris Snee

feel free to add...

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 4, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

With all the retarted stuff thats going to go on first when is kickoff?

Posted by: ALex35332 | September 4, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

So Greg and Lisa, are you saying that this is one of La Canfora's ploys to either get drama started or just to p.o. Snyder & Co?

Yeah, I figured.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 4, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Despite our FO handicap, the FO doesn't suit up. I am hoping that our OL and DL can manage. If our DL can't stop the run, it could be a long night, no matter our play calling. If the Giants think they can run it, by golly, we will see a great deal of that and, of coarse, the dreaded play action pass. Tighten up your chin straps!

Go Maroon and Bla...er.....Burgundy and gold!

Posted by: splitbill | September 4, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Wrong again. hes a fan favorite for a reason because he is legit, not at WR but at TE. You dont become an all state wrestler out west without nowing how to drop a man. his wrestling skills have given him great technique on 1 on 1 blocking. As far as selling the fake and rolling out... um i think hes pretty good at that just guessing but it probably accounted for a good two or three TD's last year alone.

Posted by: Stu | September 4, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Hey CL

F the hole team and there fans.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 4, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

I hope and pray you guys are right about CC more than i am but I have watched the past few seasons and seen him get beat way too many times. IF he provides solid blocking it will be a big plus. Just remember this conversation tonight during the game. We will see who was really right.

Posted by: Hail2theChief | September 4, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Red, I guess what I'm saying is if it needed to be quantified, could a 'source', or hopefully 'sources' be named??

I just think its filler, and not much more.

Posted by: Greg | September 4, 2008 10:04 AM | Report abuse

WOW...was that a a pro Giants article or what....It started out talking about the Skins...but it seemd to shift to how much trouble we are in for tonight...Whatever happen to this being the Skins insider for news? Just some how that seemd sort of negative by our insider writer...

Posted by: Leevi | September 4, 2008 10:04 AM | Report abuse

If Cooleys blocking is the biggest thing that your worried about in this game then I am very confident we will win.

Posted by: Stu | September 4, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Thats a nice focus on the Giants and all of their great players and coaches, but I swear my adress bar says washingtonpost.com.

How about a little optimism. If not in a 'print' article as least for us down here grinding in the trenches until 7.

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | September 4, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

I am sooooo tired of hearing about our FO...Jesus it's not that bad...OK we get it some don't like the FO...but give it a rest for a change and talk about the freakin game of football!!!!

Posted by: Leevi | September 4, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

F New Jersey can't be said enough.
F Tiki
Double F the Giant's Red Unies.
F the Giants no name secondary. Seriously WHO is back there to worry you?

Posted by: 35332 | September 4, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Leevi,

Where have you been Jasno is always negative to the Skins, that is why no one will talk to him over there. We get all the Redskins news second hand from Jasno he just takes it from Shefter most the time.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 4, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

F goombahs
F the mob
F jimmy hoffa
F my family who are giants fans
F opening night concerts

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 4, 2008 9:58 AM

That's what I'm talkin bout Chris Larry......F those F'ers LET GET IT ON!!!!!!

We have a team too regardless of how the writer of this blog feels....

HAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Leevi | September 4, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

F Chris Larry?

Posted by: Zebra | September 4, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Re: previous post on Snyder's quote from Cooley's blog:

Dan Synder "Redskins football is violent, physical, violent f****** football! If we play that way we will win...if we don't...we will lose.

Snyder stole that quote from Joe Gibbs.

Posted by: What? Who? | September 4, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

F my family who are giants fans

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 4, 2008 9:58 AM

I thought this was pretty damn funny! Good one...

F those ugly red jerseys
F the alleged "genius" Jeery Reese
F Tom "John Clayton is my long lost brother" Coughlin
F Kenny Phillips
F Amani "It's Not A" Toomer

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 4, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

What i'm saying is that IF cooley holds is own in blocking and doesn't force Zorn to play yoder @ TE we gain an obvious advantage. We have to get away from the "old" way of thinking. You don't line up and say here we come. you pass when they are looking for the run and vice versa. If cooley is in there and can sell the run by his adequate blocking then you open up the pass to. I'm looking for a close game tonight a touchdown either way will decide the game late.

Posted by: Hail2theChief | September 4, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

If Vinny is too much of a b*!ch to talk to JLaC, then he deserves whatever is said about him. He's an executive of a professional team and should have thicker skin.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS....Hail Victory ....Braves on the Warpath.....

FIGHT FOR OL' DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F the Giants, F The Cowboys ..F the Eagles...Let them get all the attention...Keep disrespecting us!!!!!

F'em!

Posted by: Pride & Guts | September 4, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Bottom line
F New York!

Posted by: FAB88 | September 4, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 10:11 AM

SHUT UP!

Posted by: Leevi | September 4, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Also, working from home, kid gets a bath, mom asks him what he wants to wear (he is 2.5 yrs old), he says.... Rehskins.... god I am a great dad or what?

Too bad its a LA jersey... after his pregame last week on Comcast, I think this is the last time he wears it.

He has a sweatsuit, warmups and a winter jacket so he has plenty of Schwag!!!

Posted by: Zebra | September 4, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

REDSKINS FOR LIFE BABY! BRING IT!

Posted by: YEAH BABY | September 4, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Why should Vinny talk to JLC he is nobody, plus JLC has always been negative of the Skins which caused the rift in the first place.

He is a Ravens fan.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

F the Ravens ...they suck..will go 4 and 12 MAYBE!

Posted by: LOL | September 4, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

The key to tonight's game will be the protection of the punter and the QB the Giants have seen game film and will be looking to rattle Jason, but more than that they will be trying to block one of Brook's punt's to change the complexion of the game and the influence of their fans. Jim Zorn must keep the crowd out of this game with all the pre game hoopla surrounding the "ring" ceremony Zorn needs to have a game plan that is smart and takes advantage of the Giants off season defensive changes et al Strahan,Uminyourah and the Skins need to control time of possesion and oh yeah the holding for field goal attempts will be critical. My prediction 24-19 Skins in a thriller!!!.

Posted by: dargregmag@aol.com | September 4, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

You know Greg, I used to give JLC a lot of props. The blog... responding to emails to someone who is grammatically challenged. But the more that he wages this back/forth and tit for tat with the front office, is just showing his unprofessionalism and bitterness that he's now "out of the loop" when it comes to 'Skins news.

It's very sad.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | September 4, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

With the lack of any of the newbiw WR showing up well only really be using Santana, ARE, and Trash. Leaves room for two TE sets often. early in the season teams always play grinders, well both be running the ball alot. I like our run game a lot more then theirs, Fletcher very well may injure Jacobs, he runs to high Fletch may knock his kness up his a**.

Posted by: Stu | September 4, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

"My view is that if Obama had chosen Palin for VP and McCain had chosen Biden, Obama would be unbeatable. The woman is an asset with voters, not a liability. (Of course, I get most of my political views from the Wall Street Journal so I don't share the angst of the Washington media.)"

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 4, 2008 7:15 AM

Thanks for the morning laugh. You should cancel your WSJ subscription and "get your political views" from The Daily Show. It's much funnier, more honest, and accurate.

Nice spin on Sarah, the former sportscaster, former mayor of Tinytown Alaska, one year Governor of the state with the worst education record in the country, Mama of a pregnant 17 year old, and four other kids, including a special needs child she'll shunt off to a nanny to raise if she gets elected Veep (God forbid).

The GOP's current bozo once looked "deep into the soul" of Vlad Putin and said he liked what he saw. Meanwhile Putin drew to an inside straight and invaded Georgia while our appointed Pres was clearing brush and servicing the Oil Industry.

Now a 72 year old geezer recently victimized with the deadliest form of skin cancer puts this Alaskan Yahoo one heartbeat away from the most powerful office in the land?

There's a real good reason why Obama didn't select Palin as his Veep (aside from the obvious). He's not a cynical idiot.

McCain is. Hell, he'd only met her once, and dogcatchers are vetted more carefully.

Of course you make one good point. In a nation that's been dumbed down for decades and propagandized by the best and most unscrupulous administration in history for the last eight, your theory could be sadly accurate.

Posted by: Anti-Swiftboat Redskin Fans for Hot Wimmin | September 4, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 10:11 AM

SHUT UP!

Posted by: Leevi | September 4, 2008 10:12 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Lie,Joe Gibbs can't curse.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 4, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Gonna be like Xmas in September...Take Big Blue w/ the spread, this is gonna be one quick and ugly game for your deadskins.

I don't have hopes of the Giants repeating (just a playoff appearance would be nice) but I think even you die hard skins fans have to know this is a rebuilding year (as is almost every year for you guys lately...) and maybe in a year or two you guys will be up to the caliber of the rest of the Beast.

Sad thing is, you take the Skins and put them in any other NFC division, and I think you're looking at a possible division winner. Just not in this one.

BIG BLUE!!

Posted by: New York baller | September 4, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Lie,Joe Gibbs can't curse.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 4, 2008 10:18 AM

That was a joke dumb ass.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Though I 100% agree with Anon on Vinny Re: he is a B*tch.
I also think JLC should send him a box of candy or whatever to make up with him for the fight. If Vinny is not going to get over it JLC should try something like that.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 4, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Hey Anti;

While spinning that yarn, did the word Hypocrit come up anywhere?

Just curious since you bring up experience for the VEEP, how bout the Dem prez nominee?

And about Palin becoming veep while her kids are raised by nannys? why, is the man not good enough to raise the kids, b/c thats what he is doing? And why not bash Biden for leaving his kids in the hospital to go to work for his country?

Posted by: Anti-Anti | September 4, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

JLaC on First Take. Skins have absolutely nothing/noone that can compete with the gints. Nothing but doom and gloom. He should've been writing for the NY paper. Stressed the Carolina game. Dude is a dud.

Posted by: F JLaC | September 4, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

That was a joke dumb ass.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 10:21 AM

Its called playing the Straight Man numbnuts.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 4, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

I'm sure I look like a chooch, but I'm wearing the colors today at work, a burgundy Portis jersey. Representing in the PDX. And blasting as much positive zojo across the continent as my mind grapes can muster.

F the 4pm Pacific kickoff
F all the over-the-top patriotic bombast which will inevitably be a part of the opener
F stadium fireworks
F media slurping the NYC
F the New Jersey swamplands
F the wind gate in the end zone
F Tom Coughlin -- just because you have a title as HC doesn't mean we have to admire you in any way
F Tiki Barber & Michael Strahan (for old times' sake)
F Phil Simms, Lawrence Taylor, Mark Bavaro, & Jim Burt (for real old times' sake)

VPVFF!

HAIL!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 4, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Redskins: 116
Giants: -3

Oh YEAH!

Posted by: Kool Aid Man | September 4, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

That article is pretty good
until the last page and a half.

the crap saying Vinny "lied repeatedly" is just stupid and unimportant. Sorry he didn't give the scoop of the trade to someone before it had been completed. If he was still saying "We will not trade for Jason Taylor" while JT is playing football in a Skins jersey, then call him out, but once again doesn't it make sense NOT to give the scoop to someone and take the chance of an NFC East team upping the trade value of JT? Silly, silly things.

Don't you have enough negative things to say about him without that anyway?...

Posted by: The Truth | September 4, 2008 8:42 AM
-------------------------------------------
I agree, I was actually shocked in the early stages of this article, and then, of course, reality set in just fine. Did anyone notice that he said in the article the Atlanta trade was for "one" second round pick? Wasn't it "two" second round picks?
And yet another quote from the the "idiot kicker", still trying to figure that one out.

And Cooley's a fine blocker, been working very hard on improving that skill since he was drafted. Look back at his work last season, he was actually singled up quite a bit on d-ends, and did a pretty good job for the most part.

The Skins should be able to wear out the Giants' front, that will be the difference in the game, along with a lucky bounce or two, for the winner.

Posted by: BluCollar Redskin | September 4, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!, Go Gi-ants!,

Posted by: SB Champs! | September 4, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

+++I wanna see Dirty Thirty throw a pulverizing late hit on Plaxico Sean-Taylor-style early in the game. Nothing career ending, just something for Plax and his paper-mache ankle to think about.

Posted by: p1funk | September 4, 2008 9:01 AM

As the Danny said: I want Violent F****** FOOTBALL!

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 4, 2008 9:45 AM+++

I just LOVE it when dudes who won't be strappin' it up act all big and macho and pretend like THEY are the ones bringing the hurt. After all, THEY aren't the ones putting it on the line, nor do they realize that Landry has more in common with Burress than with The Danny.

That said: I would also LOVE to see the Redskin pound those arrogant snot Giants into the ground tonight.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 4, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Looks like great weather in the Meadowlands this evening, around 80 degrees at kickoff, so no inclement weather factor...

When do we get an injury report?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 4, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

No politics talk today from me, even though its funny nobody will watch McBush's speech with the game on. Go Skins!!!
Redskins 20, Giants 13 babyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Posted by: Obama is da Man!!! | September 4, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

NFL.com reports these injuries for the Skins:

M. Kelly (WR) Out - Knee
K. Moore (S) Doubtful - Hamstring
J. Taylor (DE) Questionable - Knee
S. Springs (CB) Probable - Calf

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 4, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Boo Politics on the Board today.
FYI: Nader's VP has more political experience than Palin. He was supervisor and then as president of the board of San Fran, a City bigger than the State of Alaska. Fun article at http://www.thenation.com/blogs/campaignmatters/354235
Go argue about BS there.

HTTR

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 4, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Reading JLC's coverage of Redskins is much like watching MSNBC's coverage of the RNC

Posted by: Tappahannock | September 4, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

NFL.com reports these injuries for the Jints:

Jonathan Goff (LB) Out
Terrell Thomas (CB) Out
Lawrence Tynes (K) Out
Domenik Hixon (WR) Questionable
Ahmad Bradshaw (RB) Probable

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 4, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Alex, will Nader be on the Ballot in VA?

Posted by: etrod | September 4, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Whoops, Skins also have Landry, Khary Campbell and Randle El on the injury list as "probable"

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 4, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

F Frank Gifford for really, really old times sake...and for marrying Kathee Lee.

Posted by: etrod | September 4, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

how many yards did the Redskins run for against the Giants the last time they met, last fall/winter in the Meadowlands??

Posted by: Greg | September 4, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

He filed to be not sure if its been approved yet by the VA BOE.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 4, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

+++... their pass rush is depleated they cannot rotate. They will miss Kawika at LB as much as they will miss Osi at end.

Posted by: Stu | September 4, 2008 9:33 AM

The big dude ex-lineman on NFL Network pointed out that Tuck will be less effective having to play the whole game, rather than rotating.

I believe the 'skins need to control the ball with runs and short passes early. Run right at Tuck, wear him down, eliminate his effectiveness as a pass rusher.

On defense, the 'skins will be better off with Demetric Evans taking most of the snaps at DE. They'll need his 280 pound frame to help stop the run. The idea of a 270 pound tailback following a 265 pound fullback and a 325 pound right tackle pounding on a 244 pound gimpy kneed Rhumameister is NOT a pretty sight to contemplate.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 4, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

thanks, I'd like to be able to vote with a clear concience.

Posted by: etrod | September 4, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

F politics on the RI today.....were all Skins fans today and I am not in the mood to dislike my brother and sister skins fans!!!!!!

seriously that siht is all ov er the internet (and I know b/c of the 45 other browser windows I have open)go there

Up here its skins football, its a holy day, an american day...lets find some common ground...

F THE GIANTS!!!!!!

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 4, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Redskins win. JLA Spins Super Bowl Hangover for the Giants, and cites them losing Osi/Strahan as factors.

Giants Win. JLa Spins Zorn over his head, and should have drafted offensive linemen, and their draft class is a bust, and Snyder brought this on himself by smiting Spagnola. Goes WAY over the top, and cites the Redskins not signing Pierce as a factor

Redskins win, and Evans plays well. JLA spins that Synder was meddling, and they should never have traded for J-Taylor.

Sound about right?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

I would like Alexander to get some time at end for run stop situations. he has the size, 300lbs, and is better as a run stoper than pass rusher.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 4, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Sound about right?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 10:42 AM

For a hater sure. I don't see JLC spinging it any of these ways. He never has said the draft was a bust. Liked the JT traid.

Posted by: 35332 | September 4, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Corkczar | September 4, 2008 10:38 AM

Thanks JLaC for that nugget!

Posted by: JLaC Sucks | September 4, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

This is awesome (WFMU via UniWatch) - an amazing old recording of "Hail to the Redskins," introduced by Ralph Guglielmi.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 4, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

F the hole team and there fans.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 4, 2008 10:02 AM

Question. Did you just use "F" instead of the entire word because you didn't think they'd print it, or because you couldn't spell it?

Posted by: Miss Teen South Carolina | September 4, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

I thought the funniest part of JLC's article was the point that the coaching candidates had to spend the night at the Snyder mansion. Imagine....

"Ok everybody, get in your Redskin footies and we will sit together and play nintendo Football! I get to be the Redskins! If you beat me, you are hired!. Then we will roast marshmallows over a fire created from the trees I cut down. Vinnie will read us a bedtime story, and then we will climb in the bunk beds (I get the top!) and go night night! Be carefull, cuz I wet my bed!"

Posted by: Danny's boyz | September 4, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

By the end of the first half score Giants 24 and the Deadskins 3.

Just the first loss in a losing streak that reaches 9 before they win one game.

Deadskins 2-14. And Bill Cowher is the new head coach. However the Deadskins trade the first pick overall in 2009
for Brett Favre along with their 2010 and 2011 first round picks.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Greg, can you link out to NFL.com? Here are the stats from the second WAS-NYG game last season

Skins rushed for a little over 150, Portis had 126 of those...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 4, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Yes, NO politics on the board today.

But I will say this:

Sarah Palin is HOT.

HTTR

Posted by: Kelli Johnson is Hot | September 4, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Skins rushed for a little over 150, Portis had 126 of those...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 4, 2008 10:53 AM
An unimpressive 126 if you ask me. I need to see 20% more showboating from CP

Posted by: 35332 | September 4, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Nate, thanks for posting that, and no, unfortunatly, I cannot.

I'd like to see Portis with around 20 carries and Betts around 12. 2-4 catches each.

Posted by: Greg | September 4, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

While spinning that yarn, did the word Hypocrit come up anywhere?
--Anti-Anti

Thanks for making my point about dumbing down.

Posted by: Anti-Swiftboat Redskin Fans for Hot Wimmin | September 4, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

First play:

Portis/Sellers in I formation. Soup under center. 2 WR w/Cooley in motion. Snap, Cooley chips the DE. Soup fakes the handoff to CP, turns and fires to Cooley who has flared out into the flat.

Antonio Pierce comes to tackle him and Cooley stiff arms that petty little overrated loud mouth into the ground and takes an extra 15 yards up the sideline.

Posted by: p1funk | September 4, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Michael Palin > palindromes > Sarah Palin

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 4, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Danny's boyz, lol.

Posted by: RambleOn | September 4, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BluCollar Redskin | September 4, 2008 10:27 AM

Wow, Evolution exists. The Redskin employees who used to post under "Anonymous" have learned how to make up screen names.

Free Koolaid in Vinny's office!

We kid because we love

Oh and GO SKINS!!!

Posted by: Corkczar | September 4, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Seriously, I've been a JLC apologist in the past but no more. Regarding the Stephon Heyer stuff at the end of this thread: are you saying that just because the kid is nice to you he's a nice guy? Really? Are we 12? I know a minister who is great when there's a mic on or when church is in session and goes home and beats the sh*t out of his kids. Is he a nice guy because he gives you a good sermon?

You're personalizing a business that's not supposed to be personal. Vinny is SUPPOSED to lie to you about a trade in the works because it f*cks his job up if he doesn't. Heyer is SUPPOSED to talk to you because it's part of his f-ing job. It's human to like or not like someone based on your experiences with them, it's juvenile to base their character on those experiences or to bash/praise them in print.

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 4, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

They need to run CP early and often. He should be well rested due to minimal PT in the preseason. Hopefully we'll see the old Bronco-version CP instead of the 3yd/carry Skins version of CP we've grown accustomed to.

Posted by: skinswest | September 4, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

C. Cooley 2 34 0 19
T. Yoder 1 30 0 30
M. Sellers 1 19 0 19
L. Betts 1 8 0 8

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 4, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

First Play:

3 WR's, Cooley as the slot man and a go route to Moss for a 40 yard gain.

Posted by: Great One | September 4, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Beep

Posted by: Zebra | September 4, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

I agree, JLC's little story about Heyer doesn't help. In fact, now Heyer is going to be even more careful about what he says and does, because he now knows that every little action is going to be shared with the world. Next time JLC needs a quote, Heyer may totally blow him off.

Posted by: RambleOn | September 4, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

No talk of LADELL people, don't forget LADELL

I wanna see him and CP on the field at the same time.

Posted by: The Truth | September 4, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 35332 | September 4, 2008 8:49 AM
Reposted from last thred

Posted by: 35332 | September 4, 2008 8:55 AM

Best post I've seen in a long time. Good insight. I'm hoping we do the same thing. Our personel guys do better in the mid to late rounds anyway. Of course there are the few exceptions (Taylor and LaRon).

We do need a quick influx of youth on both lines and CB while Portis, Randle-el, Moss, and Cooley are still young and in their primes.

Posted by: Devo | September 4, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

I think this all really comes down to Campbell. This is the NFL, everyone brings the heat, especially after last season. It is Campbell's job to find the open man and hit him. The running game is also huge, but if Campbell keeps overthrowing on the bombs (and the crossing patterns, etc.), no one is going to have to respect that either. He needs to get rid of the ball and hit some long passes. If he can do that, I think we're OK. If not, I think it is a losing season.

Posted by: PA Skins Fan | September 4, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Redskins: 116
Giants: -3

Oh YEAH!

Posted by: Kool Aid Man | September 4, 2008 10:26 AM

-----------------------------

Best. Post. Ever.

Posted by: D7 | September 4, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Too funny not to re-post

"Chief-Keeper-of-the-Urinal-Cakes"

Posted by: Devo | September 4, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Andy poulin was just saying on the radio that Vinny will not talk to JLC, no wander he hates the Skins FO so much. The team told JLC if he wants to interview Vinny someone else has to ask the questions.

Posted by: kmdp4

Another example of the immaturity in the FO imho. All sides need to grow up and be men, not pouty little boys. We'd be all over a player if they refused to address the media the way VC does. I think he stinks personally. Time will tell about the latest draft, but two receivers and a TE when both lines need help desperatley?

Posted by: rigginsrules! | September 4, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

4th in the East is an idiot. What do you mean it is a foregone conclusion....
Giants 27, Skins 6 ...oh let me guess your're a Giants fan. U Can't be a Skins fan with that crap. Don't let the Panthers and Jags game fool you. The starters looked incompotent but you must remember that Carolina had lost their 1st two games prior to the Skins game so they were pretty hyped up and in the Jags game, the starters (Defense) didn't even play. So...lets just see what happens tonight and if you're right I'll eat crow and if (when) you're wrong, then I'll keep reminding you whole season.

Posted by: SkinsRock | September 4, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

The Redskins will get the butts kick 2nite. They're sorry as hell. They better hope they don't get blown out.

Posted by: wishbone3 | September 4, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wishbone3 | September 4, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

JLaC needs to stop hating on Heyer. Kindness is a killer.......

Posted by: 4th | September 4, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse