The Jason & Jason (and Russ) Show

In case you missed it yesterday -- Jason La Canfora and Jason Reid appeared on the Comcast SportsNet's Washington Post Live to talk Redskins with host Russ Thaler:

By washingtonpost.com Sports Editor  |  April 3, 2008; 4:34 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Preseason Schedule
Next: Update On An Old Friend

Comments

Always wanted to do this.
First! (I think)

Posted by: tmwilliams | April 3, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Always wanted to do this.
First! (I think)

Posted by: tmwilliams | April 3, 2008 04:37 PM

You'll get tired of it after about 20 times and will want to think of something more original. Or at least, that's how it went for me. Problem is I've never been able to think of something original so I copied down a lot of things that sween wrote and I'm going to paste one of them in.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | April 3, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Everything I've ever written here is derivative of something else. I'm even ripping off use of this alphabet that someone made up.

Posted by: dcsween | April 3, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

We won't know who the trade partners are until after the 20th pick. It depends entirely on who's on the board when it's the 'Skins turn.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | April 3, 2008 04:42 PM

Well of course. The same can be said about all this mock draft sillyness. All it takes is one trade or NY Jets draft blunder to blow up any of these mock drafts. It's a slow day here and I was just curious about potential scenarios.

Posted by: mtnskinsfan | April 3, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

I haven't changed my opinion on Campbells long-term viability in the WCO so I am not wanting to start another discussion about that, but some of Zorns comments seem promising. Alot of these quotes were in another article yesterday, but there seems to be a little more added here and I wanted to share it with you guys.

Jason's in for a lot of different thoughts of how to get rid of the ball in rhythm, how to understand how fast the game is played," Zorn said. "Jason's going to have to develop over several years. The thing we've got to do is make sure that we don't give him so much that he can't function. ... I don't want him to have to think all through training camp, 'Woe is me. I have to learn a whole 'nother system. I have to be with a bunch of new guys.' "

Zorn said the 6-foot-5, 233-pound Campbell has "excellent" feet.

"A lot of quarterbacking is change of direction," said Zorn, an NFL quarterback for 10 years. "You might have to throw on the move inside the pocket. It's not standing there stoically waiting for somebody to come open. It's getting back, getting forward, and once you step forward, the ball should be gone. Those things are going to help him to be on board when the onslaught of the offense comes in."

Posted by: SETH.LEMASTER | April 3, 2008 4:53 PM | Report abuse

It's a slow day here and I was just curious about potential scenarios.

Posted by: mtnskinsfan | April 3, 2008 04:51 PM

What's wrong with you? On slow days you should be curious about the blonde chick three cubes down who just broke up with her boyfriend. You can't do anything about the draft, and you probably can't do anything about the blonde girl, either, but dude get your priorities straight.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | April 3, 2008 5:01 PM | Report abuse

I liked the little snip. I think the Jasons might be able to get a little rapport going ... like the bit about the offseason bearing fruit, refluxed fruit, fresh fruit ... not that I don't think Russ Thaler does a fine job, but I think the Jasons might be able to bridge the chasm btwn football and jibba jabba. Kind of yin v. yang ... skeptical journo jaded beyond his years v. enthusiastic cub reporter new to the football scene. Could be chemistry ... less yelling than Kornheiser and Wilbon anyway.

Posted by: dcsween | April 3, 2008 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | April 3, 2008 04:49 PM

Right, and lacking the creativity of a Jasno La Canfora you're stuck with unimaginative spellings, too.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | April 3, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | April 3, 2008 05:03 PM

Exatcly. OWDEN.

Posted by: dcsween | April 3, 2008 5:06 PM | Report abuse

What is this we go like a month with out a new thread then in 10 minutes we have like 5......not much for mocks.....we really could use a good draft, meaning find multiple guys who can play and help the team now and in the future....it's an endless transition for us, now another coach.....but this time despite what gru (the) says maybe, just maybe we have the young QB to establish the foundation, what we can really use at this point is a realy good draft, provides additional young players to build something around... if you look back at Gibbs I, the 79, 80 and 81 drafts and Fa's were the foundation (core) the estabished the greatness the that era ....not say'n.....

Posted by: Oldschool | April 3, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | April 3, 2008 05:01 PM

LOL. Unfortunately your recommended scenario doesn't exist at my office either.

Posted by: mtnskinsfan | April 3, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

I just got real lazy while making dinner and cut and paste the text from this blog into my Text reader and listened to this discussion.

Posted by: alex35332 | April 3, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

F Loosable type again?!?!?

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 3, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Am I the only one having trouble posting, or was I blocked for a negative comment I tried to post?

Posted by: kerzon417 | April 3, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

mtnskinsfan, don't sleep on the Vikings screwing up their pick. Didn't they miss their turn two seasons in a row? What a bunch of clowns! Haw haw!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | April 3, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Guess I will just play nice with Jasno and not repost.

Posted by: kerzon417 | April 3, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

What a crazy way to run a railroad (blog)! Did I read another POSITIVE remark concerning Zorn?

Posted by: Keyskonnection | April 3, 2008 5:59 PM | Report abuse

I think the rain is irratating the loosable type......

Also, Has anybody tried to name who MTSC poster is?

I'm 90% it's Sween
10% that it's 4-12

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 3, 2008 6:06 PM | Report abuse

kerzon, if 4th is also reporting Lost Type, maybe there are intermittent issues happening... it's not out of the question. I assume you weren't using a swear word or some such as? I don't believe there is any content-based blocking except maybe for some swear words, but I haven't tested it.

Criticism of our hosts is allowed. Goodness knows, for a few months last year that seemed to be just about all that was posted up here, criticism of Jasno. I think that's why he disengaged from the conversation down here in the comments, where he used to be a Force to be Reckoned With.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | April 3, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Nate, they did not "mess up" as much as not knowing the rules of drafting. If a team does not submit their pick within their time frame, they are allowed to turn their pick in at any time after that.

Either way, they did look stupid.

Posted by: kerzon417 | April 3, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Let me try again:

I certainly do not want to be kicked off of the blog, and have not been here as long as some, but what I want to know is, Why is JLaC covering the Skins?

It seems he attacks them more than covering and letting RI Nation and all Skins fans know what is happening. I would almost think that he is Sports_Guru after listening to him talk.

Because the Skins are looking to trade for a WR, even CJ, does not translate to me as being unhappy with their WR corps, to ME.

Would like to see more positive outlook from the Insider guy covering the Skins. Not to say that that person should not be tough on the FO/Skins if needed, but damn!!

Sorry for my rants today.

Posted by: kerzon417 | April 3, 2008 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Nate, looks like you were correct.

Posted by: kerzon417 | April 3, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

I won't pretend to speak for Jasno, kerzon, but I know for a fact that what he and the WashPo are shooting for is neutral coverage, neither "positive" nor "negative." They are not and should not be fans of the team.

I dig where you're coming from, and at least you're asking in a more polite way than a lot of the chooches who have cycled through this joint with their dime-a-dozen criticism of our host.

I want to hear not just the information itself, but honest, uninhibited opinions about how my team goes about its business from people who are far closer to and knowledgeable about the team and the league than I will ever be. And that's what the blog offers us. I rather like it.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | April 3, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

and beep beep

Posted by: _Stumped_ | April 3, 2008 6:20 PM | Report abuse

* beep beep *

Posted by: NateinthePDX | April 3, 2008 6:20 PM | Report abuse

Excuse me?

Posted by: podspeak | April 4, 2008 1:14 AM | Report abuse

Not too sure about any of this.

Posted by: podspeak | April 4, 2008 1:16 AM | Report abuse

What does "beep beep" mean?

Is this a reference to the bandwagon?

Posted by: podspeak | April 4, 2008 1:17 AM | Report abuse

What happened to Jason Reid's picture?

Posted by: jarchill | April 4, 2008 8:21 AM | Report abuse