The Post-Practice Injury Update

Jason Reid files this quick injury update from Jim Zorn before heading for the locker room:

Stephon Heyer is not expected to play; he did nothing in practice.

Marcus Washington was very limited in practice. He will be a game-time decision, but Zorn expects him to play.

Malcolm Kelly will not be active Sunday.

There's still no timetable for Jason Taylor's return.

By Cindy Boren  |  October 3, 2008; 12:43 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: TCCLs for JC, Springs and D-Line 'Village People'
Next: Heyer: "Best Bet [Is] for Me to Rest"

Comments

qeed qeed (I'm a mirror).

Posted by: dcsween | October 3, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

What about Springs?

Posted by: brian71490 | October 3, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

FIRST in NFC East after this weekend!

Posted by: RambleOn | October 3, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

I think Kelly shoul play until the game before the bye week. Let him get some run then he'll have some time off during the bye to get himself more in sync with JC for the playoff run.

Posted by: TWISI | October 3, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Springs! what about Springs?

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 3, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Umm, yeah. What about Springs?????

Posted by: Zornography | October 3, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

What about Shawn Springs?

Posted by: Skins28 | October 3, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Just saw on the TV that Springs and Taylor are both out for this Sunday.

Can we get a confirmation of that report?

Posted by: CTCapsFan | October 3, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Malcolm Kelly is USELESS.

Can we trade him for a Johnny Rockets burger while he still has some value?

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 3, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

I think they are handling the Jas. Taylor thing exactly the right way. Bring him back slowly so you get him at 100% when he does comeback. A refreshingly smart approach. Wish they had done this with Lavar.

Posted by: LiberalMike | October 3, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

CTC;

All news outlets have been saying that expect for the skins (and WAPO obvi)... so i dont know who is giving that info out...

Posted by: Zeebs | October 3, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

I'm back! and only a little bitter I was in Istanbul when my beloved Skins were getting it done in D, but not really cause we-won-we-won-we-won!

I see we've had yet another upgrade of the WaPo registering system? And now I have to have a dash behind my name...oh well.

I enjoyed your analysis of Asante, Stu, I feel like I'm playing catch-up, so it and the other things I'm reading on RI are very helpful, thanks.

Posted by: redskirt_ | October 3, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

... attempts an ill-fated Triple Lindy from the 17 yard line and comes up 8 yards shy. ...

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | October 3, 2008 12:48 PM

Ah, the tragedy of beeping it over and th potential loss of a killer post. Not this time! LMFAO.

Posted by: dcsween | October 3, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

I think Kelly will be productive once he get's over the injury bug. If he can't overcome the bug nex season then I'll start bailing on him.

Posted by: TWISI | October 3, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

redskirt,

Not to be a stickler but that is a underscore not a dash.

Just F-ing with you, welcome back.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 3, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Malcolm Kelly is USELESS.

Can we trade him for a Johnny Rockets burger while he still has some value?

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 3, 2008 12:55 PM

Depends on whether you think upgrading to a ham sandwich has some value.

Posted by: dcsween | October 3, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

"the light is fading..."

ah well.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 3, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Springs update is being written now, but Cliff's Notes version is that, while nothing is set in stone, Zorn thinks he'll play.

Posted by: CindyBoren | October 3, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Note to Springs ... stay awaaaaaay from the liiiiiight ...

Posted by: dcsween | October 3, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

lib, agreed about JayTay, and I think the same thing applies to Kelly as well. Let them heal up COMPLETELY before putting them on the field.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 3, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Cindy!

I think Springs will be critical this week.

Posted by: CTCapsFan | October 3, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

They need to be there THIS week.

We can win the next 3 without any of them.

But we need them Sunday.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 3, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Saying Kelly won't be active doesn't mean he's not healthy though?....or does it?

There is a subtlety here that has me stumped.
Someone please explain.

Posted by: Stumped1 | October 3, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

meep meep

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 3, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Springs update is up. beep beep

Posted by: CindyBoren | October 3, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Have they said anything about a timetable for Kelly to play. I dont want to bail on him either, especially since JCamp likes him quite a bit, but this is getting crazy. Thrash and Thomas have played well, which unfortunately probably means when Kelly comes back that Thrash will be out next year, but who knows.

Also last week, everyone was upset about the postings that M. Washington lost a step, I have to say - I think I agree, so did the announcers during the game. He looks rough, slow and hobbled.

Posted by: mhartz1 | October 3, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

glad you caught that sween, by the time I hit Submit I was two posts behind...

Gents, I have to believe that we will lose this game. Springs is probably out, u know Westbrook's gonna play, and Philly needs it way more than we do. Plus someone made a good point about Andy "Pork Chop" Reid's bounce back ability. And that's OK. Because we have Vinny Cerrato. Relaaaax.

p.s. I meant Jason. LaCanfora. Err...Campbell.

HTTR

p.s.s. you'll thank me Monday for this post. I will cut/paste accordingly

AJIE!!!!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | October 3, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Taylor and Kelly haven't played enough with this team to really know the tendencies of the respective defenses and offenses, so why rush them back? Let them learn by watching as they heal. If the team continues to win, they will be needed more later in the year anyway. (It's a long season and other players will wear down or be injured along the way.)

Posted by: tafka | October 3, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

As for Marcus Washington, it's time to phase him out of the starting lineup and work Blades in full-time. Marcus has been a warrior, but he is looking "done" these days. Playing part-time in situations where he is still strong seems the best way to extend his value to the team, while getting Blades ready for the future.

Posted by: tafka | October 3, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse