The Reid and Steinberg Show

Jason Reid deconstructs the 6-2 start; Dan Steinberg finds some "children of the Zorn" and the Suishams (hint: he didn't need Columbo) in Detroit. And, of course, Portis' wardrobe must be revisited.

By Cindy Boren  |  October 27, 2008; 12:46 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Samuels MRI, Injury Updates
Next: Zorn: Taylor, Springs Out Monday

Comments

I can't believe (maybe I am just not looking hard enough, though) the lack of attention being given to the bad call in the Eagles game yesterday......the refs basically told the falcons "sorry, but were gonna give this game to Philly". What a horrible call that pretty much ended the game. Not saying the falcons would have scored, but to deny them the chance, after they battled back into the game and then forced a punt.....ridiculous. Of course up here all I am hearing is Phillies, Phillies, Phillies. It's going to be very interesting. This "city" has a chance to, if they win, show everyone that all of the bad impressions of the typical Philly fan are not true (to some extent) by showing some class that goes with winning the series. My money, however, is on a riot. You couldn't pay me to go up there tonight. Of course I can always use a new tv......

Posted by: dlhaze1 | October 27, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

dhaze, I agree the Falcons got j-o-b-e-d....should be front page story...

Red DMV....its called having a viewpoint and coming hard with your opinions, ok cousin? Take your limp wristed pillow biting "don't disagree with me or my feelings are hurt" rants back to fronT royal, or Fairfax Circle and lick your gash wounds like a good dawg, ok?

Posted by: chrislarry | October 27, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

After this week where the Redskins played C+ ball, coupled with Pittsburgh "needing to bounce back", be prepared for the majority of writers to pick the Steelers to win in Washington.

Just don't want to see the blog faithful up in arms about it....

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | October 27, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Any one else find it ironical that TJ Duckett is scoring TD's for the Seakhawks this season while Sean Alexander is averaging 3 yards per game with the Skins?

Posted by: RambleOn | October 27, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Just don't want to see the blog faithful up in arms about it....

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | October 27, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

I for one love would love it if they all picked the Steelers. Make your haters your motivators and all that jazz.

Posted by: Gweez | October 27, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

"Make your haters your motivators"
-----
Love it.

Posted by: RambleOn | October 27, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Good win. I like how we squeaked out at 2-1 against a supposedly easy 3 game stretch. Hopefully we can beat the big teams when it counts. Also, can we blow someone out? I like 4th quarter suspense and all (I'm a Redskins fan after all), but seriously one of those games should have been a blow out.

I'm home sick today... I can't BMGO at my new job so the Dorf will abide at a distance. I proposed to the Eagles girlfriend and now she is my Eagles Fiance. The wedding is in Philly so I guess there will always be that tension in the family. Miss you guys. (not all of you, but most).

The Dorf Abides.

Posted by: Dorf | October 27, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Congrats Dorf!!!!!! May Football teams be your biggest disagreement!!!

Posted by: chrislarry | October 27, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Starters injury list ...

Samuels
Taylor
Griffin
Horton
Springs
Moss
Portis

Depth injuries
Betts
Doughty
Kelly

OK, so what's important on this list?

Samuels to Heyer is a huge dropoff and that is the number 1 issue. Not only is there a massive drop in talent and experience, but Heyer hasn't played that position -- he's been playing left tackle.

The playmakers, Moss and Portis are obviously critical. Lose one and the Skins can remain competitive, lose both and its deep trouble. The problem is our quality depth. The guy behind Portis is good, and he's out. There simply isn't any depth behind Moss.

The other injuries are 'concentrated'. 2 on the DL and 3 in the secondary. We can deal with one guy out in the secondary, but 3 guys out is brutal. When you take away two guys who could make a difference on the pass rush, its a formula for problems.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 27, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Grats Dorf fantastic news. At least her taste in men is better than her taste in football teams.

Posted by: Gweez | October 27, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

dorf, congrats....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 27, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RambleOn | October 27, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Alexander is averaging 3 yards/game? That's actually better than I thought he was doing.

Posted by: p1funk | October 27, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Dorf ... Big Time Congrats. See if you can get the wedding colors to be burgundy and gold (even though you're genetically predisposed to not care about wedding colors)

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 27, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

I feel ya, Dorf. I feel ya...

WTG! at least she ain't a Gints fan!!

don't get me started on the Cowpatties...

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 27, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

GWeez---

We are in agreeance for the 1st definition of CAPS on the world wide web.

I am oonly pointing out the 2nd definition.......

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 27, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Here's a nice little blurb from the great-journalist Peter King today:

"I know you love Clinton Portis, Jim Zorn. And you should. But that little tete-a-tete on the sidelines in Detroit with Mr. Portis should tell you that you're dealing with what Tom Coughlin has dealt with over the last three years with Plaxico Burress. High-maintenance guys. But great players. You've got to make peace and move on."

Is Peter King ever not a complete jackass?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 27, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Congratulations Dorf.

I kind of feel bad for any future mini-Dorfs because Santa won't come within 100 feet of your house.

Posted by: Original_etrod | October 27, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Portis vs Zorn? Not a problem. Two guys who want to win. Portis knows Zorn isn't out to get him. Zorn doesn't seem like a guy who stays angry or holds a grudge. It was over about 11 seconds after it happened.

Its not Plaxico vs Coughlin. Its not Vernon Davis vs Mike Singletary (guess who'll win that one ...).

Portis vs Zorn? Its over and both guys are fine

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 27, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

We already hashed that one out, punky poopster.

I think we can all agree PK is a db (rhymes with Flute Flag)

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 27, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Zeke -- Heyer was a LT at Maryland. He was actually playing out-of-position on the right side... However, he's the Skins backup swing tackle after gaining a year of experience at RT.

The Skins were obviously looking ahead to the Steelers game. I bet Samuels, Horton, Springs and Griffin all would have played if the game was meaningful in any way...

Posted by: siris | October 27, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Yeah I know 4th, i'm just messin' around.

Posted by: Gweez | October 27, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: siris | October 27, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Actually I just heard that Springs is out 2-4 weeks with a hang nail.

Posted by: Original_etrod | October 27, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

beep beep news

Posted by: CindyBoren | October 27, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Samuel's knee for me is the biggest concern.
Moss + Hamstring can be trouble, but they get a longer week...then a bye, so that should help stop the problem before it starts again.

It did feel like Zorn gambled his guys could win with some of them out for this week - I'd bet that a stronger lineup is in place for Pittsburgh.

I think they will look better against Pitt than they have for several weeks.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | October 27, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse