The Saddest Day At Redskins Park

There is pain everywhere here after Sean Taylor, 24, died early this morning from gunshot wounds suffered during an invasion at his home in the Miami area. Taylor was in the prime of his career, in this his fourth NFL season. He was engaged to be married and leaves behind a daughter, Jackie, who is 18-months old, and an organization that will deeply mourn his passing for years to come.

The scene out at Redskins Park is grim. A single bouquet of white roses sits propped up against the doors to the main entrance of the facility. The PR staff is sullen, their loss palpable. The parking lot is half full, although some coaches and team officials are inside. Employees are arriving in silence.

The sky has been overcast, save for a few minutes of glistening morning sun slicing through the clouds. A howling wind is whipping through the trees in the distance. Even the air feels thick.

There are signs posted at the front desk here instructing players and staff that team chaplains and counselors will be available to assist them

The flags here were lowered to half-mast this morning, and a group of fans arrived very early, standing by Sean Taylor's parking spot, marked with his No. 21, and they are now gathered at a field near the security gate here. A vigil was held in that field last night, and should fans choose to honor Sean by heading this way today, they will likely be steered to that same field today.

Cornerback Shawn Springs arrived very early this morning, before I got here. Tackles Todd Wade and Stephon Heyer were among the first players to walk into the building, guard Randy Thomas came in with his Ipod on, looking numb. Defensive end Andre Carter shuffled slowly from his car to the door, hugging Shelby Morrison, assistant director of public relations, on the way in, her eyes bloodshot and teary.

The PR staff has asked me not to chat with players at this point as the organization formulates a plan for interviews and such. Tuesday is usually a day off for the players, but most are expected to gather here at some point. According to the PR staff, they are not sure if a team meeting has been planned for the players to grieve together at this point, and, as you would expect, there are significant details to sort out on this a day that no franchise could ever truly prepare for.

"This is the worst imaginable tragedy," owner Daniel Snyder said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Sean's family."

By Jason La Canfora  |  November 27, 2007; 8:55 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Statement From Daniel Snyder
Next: Vigil Tonight at 6 pm/Other Info

Comments

Sad shortened career, he will be dearly missed on the field and by his family. thoughts and prayers go out to them.
1st

Posted by: 19none83 | November 27, 2007 9:01 AM | Report abuse

RIP SEAN

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Yeah this really is a sad day.

Posted by: jm220 | November 27, 2007 9:02 AM | Report abuse

This is truly the saddest day I have ever experienced as a sports fan. My thoughts and prayers go out to Sean Taylor's family, especially his daughter and his girlfriend. The city is devastated, and I agree, everyone should rally around the family.

What an awful awful tragedy.

Posted by: makuke5 | November 27, 2007 9:02 AM | Report abuse

This is just horrible. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and the Redskins.

Posted by: rallenii | November 27, 2007 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for all your work Jasno and Cindy. This is why we come here

Posted by: Zebraskins | November 27, 2007 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Yes, Zebraskins, totally agree. Thank you, Jasno and Cindy. You have really stepped up when we needed it most.

Posted by: makuke5 | November 27, 2007 9:04 AM | Report abuse

rest in peace, sean.

Posted by: grempel | November 27, 2007 9:04 AM | Report abuse

I don't care if we have a game plan or not this weekend. I don't care if we run the ball 60 straight times this weekend. Hell, I don't even care if we lose the game, but I do want this team to come out and play in Sean's honor, and play the game with the intensity that Sean was known throughout the league for. This one is for you Sean!!

Posted by: kurtus25 | November 27, 2007 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Thoughts and prayers go to Sean Taylor and his family. He will truly be missed.

Does anyone know if a vigil is planned for tonight at Redskins Park? If so, any details?

Posted by: robert.lane | November 27, 2007 9:06 AM | Report abuse

I'm just numb.....

Posted by: Lisa | November 27, 2007 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Yes thanks jason and cindy. You've been working hard on this and we all really appreciate all that you do.

Posted by: kurtus25 | November 27, 2007 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Best Player on the Team

We'll miss you Sean

absolutely senseless

Posted by: grizlies98 | November 27, 2007 9:08 AM | Report abuse

i dont see how these guys can play after such a tragedy.
by far the saddest day EVER for a redskins fan.
RIP ST

Posted by: student1234 | November 27, 2007 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Ohh my God, what have you done?

Posted by: dealer | November 27, 2007 9:12 AM | Report abuse

I still can't believe this has happened. I am saddened beyond belief. For Sean. For his daughter. For his mother as I, too, have a son and would be absolutely devastated if anything happened to him. And, for the remainder of his family and friends.

I think I could feel a little more distant from this if I didn't have to explain it all to my son, who is 4 years old. But, because Sean Taylor was his favorite football player, I have had to explain to him about the shooting and how senseless violence impacts others. And now, I will have to explain his death as well, which is something I'm not looking forward to doing. He has been to almost every home game with me over the past 2 years, and it will be very strange that he won't be dragging me down to the lowest rows of section 112 to watch ST warm up any longer.

Rest in peace, Sean. You will be missed more than you could know.

Posted by: JustMe | November 27, 2007 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Student. I don't know for sure, but I believe most football players would agree that the best way to deal with their grief is to get back out there on that football field. However, I would allow each player to make his own choice on whether to play sunday or not.

Posted by: kurtus25 | November 27, 2007 9:12 AM | Report abuse

unbelievable. . . Sean RIP, you will not be forgotten. . .

Posted by: skinsfan8KaboveMSL | November 27, 2007 9:12 AM | Report abuse

First thing I did this morning was turned on TV. For some reason, I had dreams about warning Sean Taylor of the incident. I just can't believe this is happening. I thought for sure he would pull through...I guess I took it for granted that he would. My heart and my stomach are hurting so much...My deepest sympathy to his family, friends and teammates.

Posted by: lwaya2 | November 27, 2007 9:13 AM | Report abuse

I think they will play their hearts out in his honor. I think they will actually win with so much anger and heartache about his death they will be feared by the Bills

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 9:13 AM | Report abuse

sean taylor will live forever in a redskins uniform. no fan could be prouder.

forever #21

Posted by: psps23 | November 27, 2007 9:13 AM | Report abuse

my heart goes out to his baby girl, who will only know her daddy in pictures and stories. many people don't get the chance to turn their lives around as sean did. thoughts and prayers to his family and the redskin family. what a senseless tragedy.

rip #21
we'll never forget you

Posted by: schumann.kelly | November 27, 2007 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Some people laughed when Coach Gibbs always said "We are all in this together." I think that quote has a strong meaning today. R.I.P. Sean Taylor Redskins Nation loves you and we are all in this together....as a family.

Posted by: signicolls_03 | November 27, 2007 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Numb, doesn't begin to describe the way I am feeling today. Taking your son to a game and him watching Sean Taylor play and wanting to play like him, My son switched his position to Safety. Watching games on TV and creating a even stronger bond with your son as Sean patrolled the secondary. Great moments. Not only was it refreshing to see someone who had man a few bad choices in life, grown to become a better man, but a proud father right before our eyes. I can't imagine and I hope I never will feel what his family and love ones must be feeling today. But also his "football" family must be hurting almost as bad. I don't think I could prepare myself, focus, dig deep enough, after I would have to walk by his locker, or sit near his seat where they would attend meetings. God look over his family and friends and forever Hail to the Redskins. Sean Taylor thanks for the great afternoons you gave my son and me, you will be missed.

Posted by: chris.woody | November 27, 2007 9:15 AM | Report abuse

This reminds me of when Dale Earnhardt died. Another bada$$ that some people loved to hate. Nascar has never been the same for me, and I've gradually lost interest. I wonder if the same thing happens here.

Posted by: carver9 | November 27, 2007 9:15 AM | Report abuse

The Skins have never lost a player like this during the season

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 9:16 AM | Report abuse

When Jason mentioned Shawn Springs, I couldn't help but feel for him. First the situation with his father, and now this. Certainly a season he wish never happened.

Posted by: kenjabi | November 27, 2007 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Kurtus25's thoughts mirror my own. I don't care about the outcome on Sunday, I just want to see them play as hard as they can muster under the circumstances.

I'm sure we can all imagine the scene: #21 memorial stickers on the helmets and (hopefully) everyone wearing the same socks for which Taylor got fined while the fans cheer them on with countless tribute signs and a chorus of voices rising in the autumn air:

Hail to the Redskins
Hail Victory
Braves on the warpath
Fight for ol' Sean T.

Posted by: halfie22 | November 27, 2007 9:17 AM | Report abuse

It really saddens my heart this morning to wake up to the news that Shawn Taylor has passed away. I went to bed last night with such hope that he would recover. However, God knows best. My prayers are with the Taylor family and to all of those who are feeling the lost. Take your place soldier and rest on forever with God as he welcomes you home.

Posted by: ladytee81 | November 27, 2007 9:19 AM | Report abuse

If they play Sunday it'll go one of two ways. Either they play with a "win one for Sean" kind of intensity or they just don't care. If it's the former, it'll make the Bills loss to New England look like a nailbiter. I'm a Milw Brewer fan and they played the Cardinals the day after they lost a pitcher in a crash last spring. The Cardinals were in a daze, shouldn't have been playing and it was a morbid monstrosity. I found myself feeling guilty about the Brewers rout. I know Memphis played after their player was murdered earlier this year. How did that go, anyone know? That's the only precedent for this that I can think of.

Posted by: JS26121820 | November 27, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

im just so incredibly shocked and filled up a bit. so much lost, by everyone.

RIP #21 - strength and honor

Posted by: gibbshogs | November 27, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

R.I.P Sean. Hope you a making big hits on the gridiron in heaven. Kudos to Snyder and Cerrato for being there, thats why players come to the Skins, because our owners care. They will catch the SOB who did this. Sean's father is chief of police in Miami; justice will be served!

Great job Jasno! Wish it could have turned out better.
Now lets take this experience and win from here on out for Sean!

Posted by: jjwilson312003 | November 27, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

There has been much criticism on this board of Gibb's coaching this season and seasons past. There have even been mean, nasty references to Gibbs as a "Bible-toting" person. Despite any shortcomings on the field, today is a day that the team is blessed to have a devout Christian coach who can lead this team through a time of grief and recovery from a tragedy. His ability to lead and motivate people is perhaps his greatest gift, and he will be called upon to serve in the most difficult of circumstances.

Posted by: i155133 | November 27, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Gibbs builds more than football teams, he builds a football family. And this tragedy has brought that to light. Those coaches and players helped turn S. Taylor from a boy to a man. And he went out of this world as an honorable man defending his family. God damn we are going to miss you Sean.

Posted by: kurtus25 | November 27, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

A really, really sad day. Hail #21.

Posted by: VeloStrummer | November 27, 2007 9:23 AM | Report abuse

I went to bed last night thinking he would be okay since he was responsive, then woke up this morning to see the news and started crying. To true fans these players feel like a part of our family. Sean will be greatly missed.
RIP #21

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 9:25 AM | Report abuse

GOD BLESS THE TAYLOR FAMILY. Especially the little girl that has to grow up without her dad. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 34:18

Baby girl, you are forever in my prayers. Just hold on, God has a plan.

Posted by: teavea2 | November 27, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse

The Redskins have always been a team of HEART and SOUL ... and today our hearts and souls are empty searching for answers to this unbelievable event. My thoughts and prayers go out to all that is mourning this tremendous loss. Forever in our hearts RIP Sean Taylor # 21 ... Much Love

Posted by: strech3120 | November 27, 2007 9:30 AM | Report abuse

I think we need to come together as fans and support this team unconditionally, as we are all a part of this "Redskins Family." It's not all about wins and losses, and X's and O's. And I think nobody knows that better than Coach Gibbs. This is a man who can lead us through these dark days.

Posted by: kurtus25 | November 27, 2007 9:31 AM | Report abuse

I am still in shock about this. This is truly the saddest day I can remember for the Redskins Family

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 9:31 AM | Report abuse

This is heartbreaking. What a waste of life. May all the individuals who did this...pay severely.

#21 forever. I don't care what the future holds there will never be another feared player to wear that number again. RETIRE #21. I don't care if his career was getting started. No one else should wear that number.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor. You will NEVER be forgotten.

Hail

Posted by: Jonamath | November 27, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Taylor family and the Redskins family.

To Dealer - God did not take Sean.

Posted by: llp33 | November 27, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Sean, Will always love you and remember you, Thank you so much for all the good memories.

YOU WERE THE BEST!

RIP

Posted by: od1stinterstate | November 27, 2007 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Seems almost surreal that this is happening. I checked last night, and was inspired that he opened his eyes and had shown positive signs, and that he seemed to have gotten through the worst of it, only to wake up this morning, and read/hear he had passed.

Numb..just numb..

Posted by: gregmarino88 | November 27, 2007 9:36 AM | Report abuse

It almost feels like it's not true. How could this be?????
Sean Taylor you are missed you are loved and you are forever remembered !!
Hail to the Redskins

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 9:36 AM | Report abuse

When you sign up to be a fan of a team, you never anticipate something like this being part of the deal. Perhaps many of us can't realize how much we love the Redskins, and the emotional ties they maintain within us, until something like this happens.

People are murdered every day, particularly young black men, and perhaps Sean's greatest lasting gift can be providing a public face of these senseless, seemingly ceaseless deaths. There will be a day when such murders aren't a daily occurance, but that day seems so far away right now.

Hail Skins. May Sean rest in peace and may we all pull through this together.

Posted by: drischord | November 27, 2007 9:37 AM | Report abuse

This is so sad and still so shocking. Last night, I thought he was going to pull through. I'll miss #21 prowling the secondary. Rest in peace, Sean Taylor.

Posted by: Joe_in_Raleigh | November 27, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Taylor family and the Redskins family.

To Dealer - God did not take Sean.

Posted by: llp33 | November 27, 2007 09:33 AM

Honestly man, I hope God did take him, while we are mourning him here it would at least give me a little solice to know that he is in a much better place then I could ever fathom.

Posted by: tweedr01 | November 27, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

He will be missed greatly by both of us fans and those who played on the field with him, but our hurt is nowhere near what his family must be feeling right now. May our thoughts and prayers be with them.

I really hope the robber gets what is coming to him.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR
You will be missed

Posted by: SAK | November 27, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

I have been a Redskin fan since birth and I will be a Redskin fan until I'm gone. This is my team. Win or lose I love my Skins and I will defend them, and wear my jersey with pride.

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

My Prayers are with Sean and his Family.This is terrible that this had to happen. Please don't lean on to your own understanding.Our prayers are lifted.

Posted by: shiconia_ma | November 27, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Heard the news on the radio almost immediately after I woke up. So saddened to hear this, especially after hearing some positive news last night. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Taylor family.

Adam

Posted by: argh | November 27, 2007 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone remember a LB named Harold McClinton? Am grieving with old
Skins fan like myself and remember him passing away in a incident on the Beltway back in th 70's. Anyone recall?

Posted by: tdskinz | November 27, 2007 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Rest in peace Sean, this city loves you and will honor your name. Sad, sad day for Washington sports.

Posted by: CityBlues | November 27, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Sad Sad say in the NFL...
Everyone deep down is a Skins fan today

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

I was shocked this morning to read this and I am profoundly saddened by this turn of events. Sean Taylor will live in the hearts and minds of anyone who ever was lucky enough to get to see him play, and especially in the hearts and minds of redskins fans.

Hail to you, Sean Taylor.

Posted by: nortnsarah | November 27, 2007 9:43 AM | Report abuse

This is the saddest news possible. Skins fans in Atlanta were hoping for a miracle last night. More than 50 of us gather at a bar down here to watch the games every week, and there are plenty of 21 jerseys in the group. The parents of two players (Leigh Torrence and Stephon Heyer watch with us every week, and I'm sure they are crushed.) We pray for you and your family, Sean Taylor. We'll miss you and your smile dearly.

Posted by: wilbertnews2002 | November 27, 2007 9:44 AM | Report abuse

JLC - I'm in Los Angeles and you've kept me up-to-date for the past 24 hours. Thank you to you and your fellow writers. I'm sure you've had very little rest. Go home and be with your family.

Sean Taylor - may God look over your soul. Your fans are devastated because we were looking forward to watching you play for at least the next ten years.

Posted by: nelson | November 27, 2007 9:46 AM | Report abuse

I am so numb today. For some reason I can not stop crying and thinking about Sean and his family. It is hard for me to even get my day started and I never even met him before. It is such a shame to have someone so young and talented taken away much before his time. This is a day that all REDSKINS FANS will remember forever. SEAN you will always be with us and remembered.

Posted by: bonironi | November 27, 2007 9:46 AM | Report abuse

I'm absolutely in shock. Between this and what happened at VT in April, this is a lot of crap for 1 year.

Sean you will be missed. May you rest in peace.

Hail to Sean Taylor.

Posted by: goskinsgo | November 27, 2007 9:47 AM | Report abuse

A very sad day it is. I've been a Skins fan all my life (since the 60's) and this is the worst I've ever felt as a fan. Senseless, tragic and horrible.

RIP Sean. In your short time you left a lot of great memories. #21 will forever be in our hearts.

Posted by: jgs61 | November 27, 2007 9:47 AM | Report abuse

This is so hard to believe. You just do not think this could happen to someone you know or a person you look up too. I never met Sean but I am sitting at my computer crying thinking of my own kids. I am just sick. I am so sorry for his parents, girlfriend, his little baby, and his redskins family fans included. You were fun to watch and I will never forget. R.I.P

Posted by: sodier1 | November 27, 2007 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Rest in Peace, Sean. You will always be remembered with love by Redskins Nation.

Posted by: Jasonpeak | November 27, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Dreadful day, and its made the main news here in the UK as well.

Wouldnt it be a fitting tribute for the profits of forthcoming sales of redskins #21 gear to be put in a trust fund for his fiancee and daughter.

That way fans from all over will be doing just a little bit and can be assurred that his family will want for nothing.

For me, football lost a little of its fun and excitement today.

Posted by: ianb87 | November 27, 2007 9:52 AM | Report abuse

A sad day. May Sean rest in peace.

I will miss him.

Posted by: smtpgirl08 | November 27, 2007 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Watching a game during the remander of the season will be difficult.

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Do they play football games in heaven?

If so all WR's better keep their heads on the swivel.

#21 is lurking.

RIP Sean. You'll never be gone or forgotten.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 27, 2007 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Goodbye, #21. You will be missed.

This is for you (lyrics Thomas A. Dorsey, 1932):

"Precious Lord, take my hand,
Lead me on, let me stand,
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn;
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the light:
Take my hand, precious Lord,
Lead me home."

"In my Father's house are many rooms... I am going there to prepare a place for you." (John 14:2)

(formerly bandwagon blues)

Posted by: jaradel | November 27, 2007 9:56 AM | Report abuse

To Sean Taylor: Rest in Peace, Brother.

"Light unto Light."

To Sean's Family: May you find comfort and peace in your memories of Sean.

To ChrisLarry and others - there is a page up on the wiki for thoughts and wishes.

To Jason and Cindy: Thank you for all of your efforts to keep us informed in these hours of sadness and grief.

There is no peace to be found in revenge or retribution. Peace can only be found through Love.

Posted by: TheCrickets007 | November 27, 2007 9:57 AM | Report abuse

So senseless, his passing. A fine young man who was on his way to being one of the all-time greats! I will always be immortal in the eyes of the Redskins family.

It may seem awkward from a timing perspective, but I agree with others - Sean should be installed in the Ring of Honor on Sunday. It is a befitting way to honor his life and place in the Redskins family.

God bless Se3an, his family, his teammates and coaches, and his fans.

Posted by: garylloyd | November 27, 2007 9:58 AM | Report abuse

HAS ANYONE HEAERD ANYTHING ABOUT A MEMORIAL OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT AT FED EX FOR HIM????

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 9:59 AM | Report abuse

So you are comparing a THUG like "SEANTay" to the likes of Tony Romo? PLEASE, not even in the same league. Tony Romo has more class in his pinky than SEAN TAY could ever hope to obtain! GO DALLAS!

Posted by: inbred | November 27, 2007 09:36 AM
******************************************
Your inept ability to read the English language astounds me.
Even more your incapability to reason rationally and sympathetically far outweighs your dismal reading comprehension.

No, I was not comparing the class of Sean Taylor to Tony Romo.
What I was comparing was if Romo was murdered suddenly, you might begin to understand how we feel.

For you to get on here and post Go Dallas only goes to Show that I would be accurate to state the parallels of a thug and you.

Yes, Dallas is 10-1, but you today are a loser.

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | November 27, 2007 9:59 AM | Report abuse

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of your Mercy. Amen. R.I.P Sean you will be missed.

Posted by: carlos.medina1 | November 27, 2007 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Today football rivalries should be set aside. There is no game today. Someone life was lost.

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 10:01 AM | Report abuse

please, today of all days, try to ITA

Posted by: johndinhouston | November 27, 2007 10:01 AM | Report abuse

This young man had his whole life in front of him and seemed destined for such great things. Just when he was figuring life out it was taken away from him. What a shame.

Posted by: peterlandler | November 27, 2007 10:01 AM | Report abuse

We will never forget you Sean. May you rest in peace in the arms of God.

Inigo Montoya

Posted by: JChrisRod | November 27, 2007 10:01 AM | Report abuse

I feel honored that I had the opportunity to see Sean Taylor play the game he loved, and play it perhaps as well as anyone has ever played his position.

What we witnessed when we watched him play was something special. Truly a unique and remarkable talent, as well as a quiet and humble individual, who can never be replaced.

Posted by: smarty_pants | November 27, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

I'm a professor at a small community college in Maryland, and often talk Redskins football with my students before and after class as many of them share my pasion for the game.

As a lifelong fan, I feel that everything that could be said about this tragedy has been said and said again, but I offer this as a small token of heartfelt sadness and empathy for Sean's family and teammates. Reading the earlier poster's comment about how her 4 year old son watched Taylor warm up before every home game speaks for all of us; yes, we may just be fans, but this isn't some soulless money-worshipping organization like the Yankees. The Redskin community is one of togetherness, family, heritage, and pride. May we all find a little peace.

Hail.

Posted by: atavel | November 27, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Like everyone who has posted comments, I am a die hard Skins fan. I have never met Sean and yet find myself on the verge of crying everytime I think of his passing. What a tragic and senseless situation.

This really puts a perspective on what is really important in life. Just to think, a couple days ago, everyone was upset we blew it against the Bucs. I would take years and years of futility on the field, blowing leads, not making playoffs to have Sean back.

My sincerest condolences to Sean's family, friends, teammates and coaches.

Jason, thank you for your hard work in keeping us up to date in regards to this tragedy.

Posted by: Moose33 | November 27, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

RedskinsRay1,

Don't give the idiot the satisfaction.

Please, not today.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 27, 2007 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Very sad, mournful time for the Taylor family, the Redskins, and the Redskins fans. Such a loss.

I hope the team, or the fans, can think of a meaningful tribute for the game at FedEx on Sunday. Perhaps the fans in all black. Perhaps a few words from Coach to the fans before the game. Perhaps a bugler playing Hail to the Redskins slowly.

Rest in Peace and All Hail Sean Taylor.

Posted by: AWWNats | November 27, 2007 10:04 AM | Report abuse

This is my saddest day ever in my 35 years as a Redskins fan. Wins and losses no longer matter this year. Just hard hits in honor of #21. God bless you Sean.

Posted by: COskins | November 27, 2007 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Very sobering and numbing news. I hope the authorities are able to sort this out and bring some one to justice. RIP #21.

Posted by: tony | November 27, 2007 10:06 AM | Report abuse

This is terrible. It seems like he had really turned his life around and was making good life choices. What an awful thing.

I always loved how whenever I saw something massive, horizontal, and moving a fast rate of speed, it was always Sean Taylor. I got so much joy from him. It was brilliant and exciting to watch him play.

Still in shock here in Minnesota. I'll miss you #21. Rest in peace.

Posted by: MNSkinsFan | November 27, 2007 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for that Crickets. I started a thread on the wiki.

This is a sad day for all football, not just for the Redskins.

Posted by: Redcoat | November 27, 2007 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone remember a LB named Harold McClinton? Am grieving with old

Posted by: tdskinz | November 27, 2007 09:41 AM

Wrong team and wrong decade, but I do remember Jerome Brown's death in 1992. Just a really, really senseless tragedy.

Adam

PS Odd postscript to Jerome Brown, his son Dee Brown is an OF in the Nationals farm system

Posted by: argh | November 27, 2007 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Very well put Ray, but you cant fix stupid RIP #21

Posted by: tdskinz | November 27, 2007 10:08 AM | Report abuse

My prayers go out to the Taylor family. Its a real shame that we've lost another young person to senseless violence. This is deeper than football because its now life or death for no apparent reason and it speaks to some of the real issues in our society. From reading the comments I think the whole DC, VA, and MD area realizes just how truly sad this is.

RIP #21

Posted by: rstanard | November 27, 2007 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Just went to youtube and saw some of his highlight videos. So sad.

38 years a skins fan and this is the saddest day ever.

Feel so bad for his daughter and family.

Thanks Jason and Cindy for keeping us up to date out here in California.

This is just senseless.

Posted by: jcarter999 | November 27, 2007 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Retire #21 Some of you may not agree being he didn't have the long lasting career but I don't think you'll find someone better to ever wear that number. Retire it. I don't care whatever other numbers he wore. #21 was special. No if's and's or but's.

Posted by: Jonamath | November 27, 2007 10:08 AM | Report abuse

For the fans here in New Jersey known as "Eagles Country"...As true Skins Fan ... I can't take the crap comming from peoples mouths no sympathy for life it is unbelieveable!!! Watching Taylor play was amazing hearing the crack of his hits were heard all around the NFL. I will truley miss the Sean Taylor hits known as "welcome to the NFL". You will be truely missed!!

Posted by: strech3120 | November 27, 2007 10:09 AM | Report abuse

They should retire his jersey Sunday

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 10:10 AM | Report abuse

I'm literally at a loss for words... Such a sad and senseless tragedy. Suddenly, football seems just so unimportant. This young man was just beginning to realize his potential... Not only on the field, but in life. The entire Redskins family has been robbed of a treasure and now must grieve and heal together, from Dan Snyder and the coaching staff, to the players and everyone else who's ever held a place in their heart for the Burgundy & Gold.
Through this all, a compassionate side of Dan Snyder has been brought forth. I as a fan, hope Mr. Snyder will continue the course and allow fans to bring banners to the game Sunday expressing their true feeling for Sean Taylor. #21 was taken from us way too early. Let's send him off with the show of love only Redskin Nation understands...

Posted by: jfmayer | November 27, 2007 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Jonamath | November 27, 2007 10:08 AM

I agree. The sooner the better.
Hail 21 forever!

Posted by: puttinforbird | November 27, 2007 10:12 AM | Report abuse

A man died today.

We will read that he was in his fourth year with a football team, lead some conference in interceptions, and earned honors on some field of play.

We will read that he died young, his 24 years a tragically brief and tumultuous time.

We will see people weep and cry over a man they never knew, whose face was hidden behind a mask, whose soft voice was rarely heard, and whose inner self was ultimately only known to those close to him in life and, now, death.

We will see shameless speculation regarding his lifestyle, his past and whether these factors somehow came into play last night.

We will inevitably see the columns and stories reminding us of "perspective," how life and death transcend a mere sport and how the word "hero" is carelessly tossed about.

We will see and read many things, some true, some false, some meaningful, and some pretentious.

This world decries the stereotypical selfish sports figure with a myopic, me-first attitude. Yet at the end of the day, in the middle of the night, Sean Taylor became more than "just" a football player. His death symbolizes his transformed life and his own acceptance of perspective, of what it means to be a man.

Sean Taylor gave his life this morning defending his family. His sacrifice moved me to tears. He became what this world so cynically demands of our "mere" sports figures -- a true hero.

God Bless and rest in peace. May your family find comfort and your inspiration find honor in us all.....

Posted by: HaikuMan | November 27, 2007 10:12 AM | Report abuse

There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ships smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I cant hear what youre sayin.
When I was a child I had a fever.
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I got that feeling once again.
I cant explain, you would not understand.
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb.

How can we and I be so saddened by a loss to someone that i have never met?

Posted by: skinball77 | November 27, 2007 10:13 AM | Report abuse

NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT HIS PAST
THUG OR NOT, ANY REAL MAN WOULD DEFEND HIS FAMILY IF SOMEONE CAME INTO HIS HOME AND POSED A THREAT..
ANYONE WHO PUTS HIM DOWN FOR THAT. IS AN IDIOT

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 10:14 AM | Report abuse

They need to find the scumbag or scumbags that did this and beat them within an inch of their lives.

Then the electric chair. Hopefully "old sparky" as they call it in FLA will malfunction and they'll fry to a crisp.

Posted by: X_1967 | November 27, 2007 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor - RIP Brother. You grew up before our eyes. You were a spectacle to watch. Your legend will live on with the Burgandy and Gold. Hail to the Redskins.

Posted by: hopken78 | November 27, 2007 10:16 AM | Report abuse

JLC and Cindy, it seems most have thanked you for your time and hard work, but I also wanted to thank you. I have come here for news for quite some time and in the past 24 hours you have kept a diehard fan hours away from home in "the know". thank you.

Inigo Montoya

Posted by: JChrisRod | November 27, 2007 10:17 AM | Report abuse

I've been a fan since 83' and he's easily one of my favorite players of all time.

On the field - Purely bad to the bone !

We will always remember you...

May God Bless and Strenghten his family, friends and teammates during this trying time. They need God to move on without Sean.

Sean, REST IN PEACE.

Hail to Sean Taylor.

Posted by: ericvab | November 27, 2007 10:17 AM | Report abuse

First my dear friend dies suddenly in May and now Sean is gone in a blink of an eye.

Posted by: jm220 | November 27, 2007 10:18 AM | Report abuse

@ argh

I've been a fan since being a wee girl in '72 so of course I remember Harold McClinton, and at the ripe old wheezing age of 43, am equally saddended by the loss of Sean Taylor. A family member has passed.

Posted by: Keliza64 | November 27, 2007 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Sean,

Thank you for bringing joy and excitement to my life.

Thank you for showing me how a young man can grow as a professional and grow as a human being.

You were truly inspiring. You will live on in my memory as one of the Great Redskins.

Rest in peace.

Posted by: mugamack | November 27, 2007 10:21 AM | Report abuse

The Dash

I read of a man who stood to speak
at the funeral of his friend.
He referred to the dates on his tombstone
from the beginning...to the end.

He noted that first came the date of his birth
and spoke of the second with tears,
but he said that what mattered most of all
was the dash between those years.

For that dash represents all the time
that he spent alive on earth,
and now only those who loved him
know what that little line is worth.

For it matters not, how much we own;
the cars, the house, the cash.
What matters is how we live and love
and how we spend our dash.

So think about this long and hard,
are there things you'd like to change?
For you never know how much time is left.
(You could be at "dash mid-range.")

If we could just slow down enough
to consider what's true and real,
and always try to understand
the way other people feel.

And...be less quick to anger,
and show appreciation more
and love the people in our lives
like we've never loved before.

If we treat each other with respect,
and more often wear a smile,
remembering that this special dash
might only last a little while.

So, when your eulogy is being read
with your life's actions to rehash...
would you be pleased with the things they have to say
about how you spent your dash?

.....Linda Ellis

Posted by: garylloyd | November 27, 2007 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Keliza64, Do you remember if he was a player at the time of his passing?

Posted by: tdskinz | November 27, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Pink Floyd does seem to say it best.

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

Posted by: rallenii | November 27, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

To the Taylor Family and the entire Redskin nation - my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. I could not believe what I was hearing this morning on the news. Before going to sleep last night my prayers were that His will be done. Sean's work here has come to an end - The Lord knows best.

Posted by: Gina.M.Howell | November 27, 2007 10:24 AM | Report abuse

21 was the face of the Skins for me. He played with reckless abandon on the field and appeared to be developing into a family man off it. I always admired that he never used the media as an outlet to showboat or draw attention to himself. Rather, he let his remarkable play speak for him. I will forever miss watching him roam center field, daring receivers to enter Area 51 and punishing those who did. Despite not really knowing Sean, I feel I have lost a friend - a fixture in my life.

My most heartfelt condolences go out to Sean's family, friends and teammates (from pee wee up to the Skins). He will be missed greatly.

Hail.

Posted by: mile.high | November 27, 2007 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Can someone please post a link to the wiki?

Posted by: Soup17 | November 27, 2007 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
I am not there. I did not die.

Sean - alive in our hearts and memories...forever

Posted by: garylloyd | November 27, 2007 10:28 AM | Report abuse

We will remember you, Sean.

My respects to your family.

Posted by: farstriker | November 27, 2007 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Redcoat | November 27, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

It was just last week that I attended the Dallas game, lamenting the fact that Taylor could not play. I now wish he were just alive. I am so saddened by his passing, I am at a total loss. Sean Taylor was my favorite Redskins player and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and everyone at Redskin Park. I will miss seeing #21 on Sundays, but I will never forget him.

HAIL SEAN! HAIL SKINS!

Posted by: kgcrawf | November 27, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

As a human being, regardless of who your "team" is, you cannot hear this news and not be touched by it. As a life long Virginian and Redskin fan I was beside myself when I received the text message this morning shortly after 6am from WTOP. A situation like this only proves that football is a game among men and life is an uncertain path controlled by God.

A life has been lost way too soon. A father has been taken from his daughter before she could understand. A fiancee has lost the love of her life. A family has lost a son that they were so proud of. As Redskin fans we have lost a player who overcame the obstacles and showed his true colors. As human beings we have lost another individual to a senseless act.

My God be with the Taylor family during this time and may Sean watch over his fellow teammates from the heavens above.

Rest In Peace Sean Taylor. Your legacy will never be forgotten.

Posted by: mlewis31 | November 27, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

He was the guy who we never lost hope in.
Through all his trials and tribulations, We all knew in the bottom of our hearts that he'd be special.
Whether it was in 5 years, or in 10 years, we knew that he'd be something special--he just had to take that next step in terms of maturation.
And when Sean became a father, it became apparent to his peers that a certain seriousness--an overnight revelation--had been instilled within Sean.
Just when a well-rounded human being, both on and off the field, was coming into form, a tragedy took his life away.

Sean lived a brave life, and certainly an incomplete one, and will certainly be remembered for not what he was, but what he was going to be in years and years to come.

Makes you wonder though. For us as fans to feel so attached to Sean, it must be unthinkably difficult for those closest to him, having witnessed first-hand the growing up of Sean Taylor.

Forever #21
Rest In Peace Sean Taylor
1983-2007

Posted by: student1234 | November 27, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Very sad and still in shock. I felt like just watching him play not long ago, but now he has passed away. You are and will always be a part of Redskins football forever. Rest in peace.

Redskins fan in Thailand

Posted by: Niran | November 27, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Just a sad day for his child, wife and family. I hope he's in a better place. It's cliche but that's all one can hope for.

RIP Sean Taylor.

Posted by: tundey | November 27, 2007 10:41 AM | Report abuse

i agree retire #21.

Also, this is so eerily similar to the Len Bias tragedy

Posted by: jperkmd82 | November 27, 2007 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, feel like I lost a brother...god damn it, he was becoming a man, and know just another child has to grow up without a dad.
F**K GUNS!!!

RIP Sean

Posted by: dbowen11 | November 27, 2007 10:42 AM | Report abuse

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
You are missed by everyone who was blessed to ever see you. The Redskin family will forever remember #21

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 27, 2007 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Wasn't Bias an crack induced heart attack? Not a man protecting his family from an armed intruder.

Posted by: NCICURN | November 27, 2007 10:43 AM | Report abuse

May God bless the many who have written in support of Sean, his family, and his team, the Redskins.

Posted by: rick1 | November 27, 2007 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Leaving work yesterday, I didn't know if he would come out of this... It was as if he needed a miracle to come out of it, with the reports of unresponsiveness.

Then - I was glued to CSN last night as they reported live on this situation with the good news he had begun to respond to doctors request with hand and facial movements... I went to bed with hope and the thoughts that he would be OK, a sense of peace and assurance.

To wake up this morning.. on my way to the gym and hear Czaban (Sports Talk 980) and Golic (ESPN) and hear he died early this morning was a crushing blow!

I am still in awe of such a horror that his family and friends must find a way to cope with...

The more I read and hear about this situation the more there seems to be to it... as if there was somebody or people that had it out for him.

May God strengthen the police officers that search for these heathens that took Sean's life and give them their due...

Posted by: EinVB | November 27, 2007 10:48 AM | Report abuse

This is just still so unbelievable. One of the true greats in such a short career. We will never forget you Sean. #21 should be retired this weekend, and God help the Bills.

Posted by: tilemike2001 | November 27, 2007 10:48 AM | Report abuse

We here in Packerland send our condolences and sympathies to the Taylor family and the Washington Redskins organization.

God's Peace.

Posted by: h8bears | November 27, 2007 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor was the most imposing Redskin I have ever seen. I'll miss watching him on the field and growing as a person off of it.

Posted by: edsmit1 | November 27, 2007 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Condolences from an Eagles fan to everyone in the Redskins family. I remember how I cried when I heard that Jerome Brown had died. And that was in the offseason. I can't imagine trying to watch a game the next weekend and turn back into a "fan" after this kind of tragedy.

Posted by: wildcatlh | November 27, 2007 10:50 AM | Report abuse

as i was on my way to work this morning i heard the awful news. my heart just seemed to have stopped. all my prayers and blessing go out to the taylor family. he will be deeply missed. as we all go through this time of need, we need not to take everyday for granted. justice will be served

Posted by: teresafuller_2000 | November 27, 2007 10:52 AM | Report abuse

TO THE REDSKINS FANS AND TEAM:

I don't know how else to sum up in words what this loss means to the team. I'm hurting like many other fans out there. However, there will come a time when this team has to take the field on Sunday.

I needed to find some motivation in knowing that these players will be honoring Sean's memory. I found a great video on Youtube. Anyone seen Pacino's speech in the movie Any Given Sunday?? I watched it and all I could think of was Gibbs addressing his players in some fashion that would move his team the way this scene was so moving between a coach and players. And considering the circumstances the words ring true. This for the fans and most of all the players in need of motivation to know why they need to come out of that tunnel on Sunday and honor #21...by hitting and playing as hard as he did. Enjoy the video and may it bring you some comfort and motivation.

Posted by: Jonamath | November 27, 2007 10:53 AM | Report abuse

""Forgiveness is for God" say the Amish. The gunmen, "kool-aid for sale", and "inbred" will present Him with a great challenge in that regard."

God will forgive them, too. If only so that Sean Taylor can then sack them.

Posted by: sxpatr | November 27, 2007 10:54 AM | Report abuse

R-I-P 21 feel so sorry for his family !
this guy was well on the way to be one of the best S-S F-S the N-F-L has ever seen!
so sad for all redskins and all football fans everywhere --------------------------------------------i just dont know what to say?????

Posted by: Diddytut | November 27, 2007 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Sean's family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so very very sorry for his passing. Sean deserved more. His daughter and fiancee deserved years of Thanksgivings, holidays, birthdays with their father/husband. Now, all his daughter will have is pictures. It is devastating.

Posted by: yfaerber | November 27, 2007 10:54 AM | Report abuse

My thoughts and prayers are with Sean Taylor's family, friends, and his Redskins family. As a Skins fan since birth, this has hit me hard. Sean, we miss you already.

Posted by: hre1979 | November 27, 2007 10:57 AM | Report abuse

All I was trying to do was to find out who won on Sunday.

What can I say that someone else hasn't already. This really sucks all around. Bummer and a half.

Posted by: cmecyclist | November 27, 2007 10:59 AM | Report abuse

h8bears-
Don't know if you live in Wisconsin or not but I do and had on WSSP in Milwaukee this morning, called in to give my thoughts for Sean. I told the guys there what I'll tell you, beat the Cowboys cause I can't take seeing them in the Super Bowl to add on to this and it won't happen if they have to come up here for Ice Bowl II! Thanks for the kind words

Posted by: JS26121820 | November 27, 2007 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Every that has a Taylor jersey should wear it to work on Friday. Damn this hurts as if he was my brother.

Posted by: jm220 | November 27, 2007 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Speechless. Just numb today.

Rest in Peace, Sean Taylor.

Posted by: 4-12 | November 27, 2007 11:02 AM | Report abuse

What a terrible, senseless tragedy.
May God Bless Sean Taylor and his family.
Thoughts and prayers will flow their way even from the Cowboy faithful.
My condolences to the entire Redskin Nation
on the loss of a fine young man.

Georgetown,TX

Posted by: Nomadcorgis | November 27, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Numb is the right word, man I'm usually the funny, loud guy at work but its hard just talking to people today. Everyone's asking about it because they know I bleed the burgandy and gold, screw numb, it hurts man. I can only imagine what his family is going through right now, I just feel so selfish everytime I think of how much this hurts me when their family is much worse off.

Posted by: tweedr01 | November 27, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: tweedr01 | November 27, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

who would've thought that sammy baugh would outlive taylor?

i'd hate to be the guy who was to be honored on sunday.

i wonder how it'll affect the team. i think they either roll over the bills or get rolled. it'll be one or the other.

Posted by: sales | November 27, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Numb is an understatement right now. And you're right, if we feel like this, imagine what his family is going through rightnow. Another senseless act that has left a daughter to grow up without a father, a fiance to loose the love of her life, a mother/father to loose their child and the Redskins organization and fans to loose such a gifted young man. Again, my prayers go out to the family and for them to gain the strength to make it through.

Posted by: bonironi | November 27, 2007 11:13 AM | Report abuse

No matter how tough life can be and no matter what obsticles are placed in front of us, we must pull from that and find the meaning behind it all. I kow that it will be hard for so many of us and Sean's family, but the light at the end of the tunnel shines, we just need to find it.

Posted by: bonironi | November 27, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor was MURDERED. Do not forget this. Words can't describe how I feel. I actaully feel numb, in fog. Been a fan for 25 years and Sean was one of the most exciting and talented players to suit up in the Burgundy & Gold. His talent was supreme, his athletic ability was amazing. His contribution to the gridiron was a flash, just as his hits were. Too soon, way too soon. Thoughts and prayers are with Sean Taylor, his family, and the Washington Redskins.

Posted by: trentpulver | November 27, 2007 11:19 AM | Report abuse

What an awful, senseless tragedy. Like many I was heartened to hear what seemed like positive news last night, only to hear of his passing this morning. This just sucks beyond words. My thoughts and prayers to his family, especially his little girl. RIP #21.

skinswest

Posted by: asricker | November 27, 2007 11:25 AM | Report abuse

A life is lost and a legend is born. We are Redskins fans. We will not let anyone forget.

Posted by: mtobin2 | November 27, 2007 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: bonironi | November 27, 2007 11:15 AM

Not sure if you are religious at all but my faith gave me the same kind of feeling. I do not like the fact that he is gone, in fact I hate it, but I do know that there is a purpose and a plan, I just wish I knew what it was.

Posted by: tweedr01 | November 27, 2007 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: tweedr01 | November 27, 2007 11:30 AM

I am not the most religious person in world, heck I don't even remember the last time I went to church, but I do know that I have a faith in GOD that is undeniable. I agree with you that there is always a purpose and plan, but this one is hard to grasp and accept.

Posted by: bonironi | November 27, 2007 11:34 AM | Report abuse

As a daughter who remembers what my daddy meant to me, I mourn for the child that will only have the stories and pictures of her father.

As a mother who can only imagine the pain of losing my son, I send my condolences to Sean's mother.

As a fan, I grieve for a little joy that I'll miss on Sundays ... but it so pales.

I'm grateful that Sean was there to protect his girlfriend and child. I don't want to think what would have happened had he not been there.

Posted by: theBIGC_1982 | November 27, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

I know it's hard to grasp, I keep on finding myself praying that someone is playing a cruel joke. What options do we have so far to show our support of Sean and his family?

Posted by: tweedr01 | November 27, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Not a good day family,not a good day at all.I'm usally laughy jokey here at the office,but not today,and my co-workers are actually giving me space like I knew this kid.I just knew him on Sundays,flying around in my plasma,but damn he was beautiful to watch.

Posted by: smittdiddy | November 27, 2007 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Our support options are to hold on to the memories of Sean. And to hold on to that REDSKIN burgandy and gold. Thru time hopefully we can begin to heal and recovery I know as the REDSKIN NATION can do. Hold on to eachother and tell the ones you love and care about how much you love them because tomorrow is not promised.

Posted by: bonironi | November 27, 2007 12:03 PM | Report abuse

My deepest sympathy goes to Sean's daughter and his entire family. This is the saddest day in our city and for the entire football nation. As I shed tears for Sean and his family, I am reminded how great Sean was becoming both on and off the field. My sympathy also goes out to the entire Redskin organization.

Posted by: Sincear202 | November 27, 2007 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor, rest in peace.
The man was shot in his home, his home(!) for gosh sakes, which wasn't on the wild side of town. The reports read as if this shooting was the act intended by the intruder: knife left on the bed from the week's previous intrusion, the shots fired on entry to the bedroom where Taylor's family, his family(!) for gosh sakes slept. This reads like an assasination not simply a murder.

Posted by: neilbourjaily | November 27, 2007 2:04 PM | Report abuse