Sean Taylor to Be Honored

The Redskins have issued this release:

The late Sean Taylor will take his place among Washington Redskins greats when he is inducted into the franchise's Ring of Fame in a ceremony prior to the team's contest against the New York Giants on Nov. 30, 2008 at 1 p.m. It will be the first game following the anniversary of Taylor 's tragic death at the age of 24, which occurred on Nov. 27 of last year in Miami .

"It's appropriate that Sean joins our Ring of Fame after a stellar career cut short far too soon," said Redskins owner Daniel M. Snyder. "His life touched so many of us in such deep and lasting ways. His presence is all around us, in our organization and among our fans."

Executive Vice President of Football Operations Vinny Cerrato added, "Sean was developing into one of the best to ever play the safety position, as well as becoming a role model to those who knew him. He still touches us every day in some way on and off the field."

Taylor will be the 43rd member of the Ring of Fame, which honors those who have made distinguished contributions to the team. He is the first since Gary Clark entered on Oct. 7, 2007. The ceremony will feature a tribute and messages from former teammates as well as the presentation of a commemorative plaque to members of Taylor 's family.

Fans are encouraged to arrive early at FedExField for the pre-game ceremony.

With his incredible combination of size, speed, athleticism, ferocity and instincts, Taylor was one of the most unique and dynamic athletes the game has ever seen, despite playing less than four seasons. He was a two-time Pro Bowl selection after the Redskins made him the fifth pick of the 2004 NFL draft following an All-American career at the University of Miami .

By Jason La Canfora  |  November 5, 2008; 11:23 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sean Taylor To Enter The Ring of Honor
Next: Musings on Hall, Walker and KGB

Comments

Classy move. I'll be there plenty early for this.

Posted by: AliBabba1 | November 5, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Still makes me sad both for his family and we the fans. There are few players that I enjoyed watching more than ST.

Posted by: Gweez | November 5, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Certainly a deserved honor. I still miss him.

Hall is supposedly a done deal, just have to send in the paperwork:

Posted by: craig2 | November 5, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Respect due to Snyder, for a change. Galls to think we are going to have to think 'what could have been' for maybe the next 6 seasons...

Posted by: mikeysuperdons | November 5, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Sorry to interrupt, I like(d) Tayor as well but....

"A report in the San Franisco Chronicle Wednesday says the Raiders have waived DeAngelo Hall..."

Vinny, don't mess this up man.

Seriously.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | November 5, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

"Momentum changes back and forth in most games (except maybe those involving the Chiefs, Bengals, or Lions). There was a combo momentum changer/keeper in this game. The changer = blocked punt."

Sween, I say the momentum changer was Rogers' dropped INT. We'd been getting the breaks up until then. After that it was all downhill.

Props to the Meast!

Posted by: p1funk | November 5, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Vinny, don't mess this up man.

Seriously.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | November 5, 2008 11:39 AM |

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 5, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

... Leftwich takes about a full 4 seconds to wind up his arm to throw, Ben doesn't. Ben can run a little, Leftwich runs the 40 in 2 days. I think they can put up similar numbers, but they don't have the same style of play. ...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 5, 2008 11:31 AM

Style of play probably was the wrong choice of words. They are both tall, heavy, relatively slow, relatively immobile, with strong arms for deep balls. Rothschildburger is more mobile and faster. Leftwich as a better arm. Rather than style of play, I should have said "same QB for the purposes of plugging into that offense."

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

rm, seriously regarding Hall?? Have you watched this cat play this year?? He's getting beat like a drum. With Springs coming back where would you play him?

No thanks.....this type of move was something the Redskins would have done previously...they've gotten over doing this type of stuff.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 5, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

General repulsion to the idea of signing Hall at all = everybody

In favor of signing Hall to return punts = me

DeAngelo Hall's non-punt returning attributes = power rankings

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

If we are going to sign overpriced busts from Raiders, I would rather have Javon Walker who also might be cut.

Posted by: chrislarry | November 5, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Look I'm going left on this !!!!!!!!! Did you ever think a black male would be in control of a country with 200 mil white people ? Even though 65% white men in VA went for Mcain, Obama still won Va. The sad thing in this whole statement, white men will never accept a black man in this city unless they play a sport. WHITE MEN DEL WITH IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111 GO OBAMA !!!!!!!! OH WE NEED HALL !!!!!!!!

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 5, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Punt returners

DeAngelo Hall > Randle El > Javon Walker

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

NEW DEAL COMING FOR CAMPBELL

Posted by Mike Florio on November 5, 2008, 10:51 a.m.

One of the players who’s likely to end up paying taxes at a lower rate is Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell.

As we hear it, a new contract is expected to be reached between Campbell and the Redskins before the end of the season.

Talks have not yet commenced, but are expected to begin in the coming weeks.
Campbell was a first-round pick in 2005. His rookie contract expires after the 2009 season.

But, like Aaron Rodgers, Campbell wouldn’t be eligible for true free agency in 2010, absent an extension to the CBA. If 2010 has no salary cap, players need six years of service in order to qualify for unrestricted free agency. Campbell would instead be a restricted free agent.

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 5, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

So we sign DeAngelo Hall. Who do you bench Springs or 'Los?

Posted by: Gweez | November 5, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Poolman,

FYI, we now have a black president. Your race card has been revoked.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 5, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Looks like Deangelo Hall will be available soon. I wonder if the Redskins will pick him up? He does get burned alot, but he did lead the Raiders in picks. And the team could use a CB who can actually make picks. I say try to sign him for cheap and use him as the nickel back instead of Torrence. And maybe he's been humbled the same way Randy Moss was humbled after being banished in Raider Nation.

Posted by: ga8085 | November 5, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2008 11:43 AM

OK Sween. I'll buy that.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 5, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

If you sign Hall, you do it for league minimum as a Punt returner and he can replace Torrence (maybe) as the 4th corner.

Oh, and DON'T SIGN HIM!!!

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 5, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Roethlisberger has a ring. Leftwich is a journeyman who couldn't win a job in Atlanta last year. There is no comparison.

Javon Walker would be worth a look. They had to talk him out of retiring after getting his ass kicked in Vegas. Not sure if he has anything left in the tank.

Posted by: JasonLaTempleton | November 5, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | November 5, 2008 11:46 AM

What? He's the only guy in the league with a worse knee than Malcolm Kelly and you want Walker? He can't stay healthy and I seem to recall him having a bit of an attitude problem. I'll pass...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 5, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

+++Looks like Deangelo Hall will be available soon. I wonder if the Redskins will pick him up?++

Did anyone else see Denver’s Eddie Royal eat Hall’s lunch a few weeks back? Caught something like eight balls against him. It was beyond embarrassing for the Raider. He was so frustrated he got hit with one (or two) personal foul penalties on one drive and was literally turned around several times on patterns.

If you DID see this perforamnce, you would NOT recommend the ‘skins look at him, especially considering the high price and other baggage he has.

I mean, for Gosh sake, the guy was DROPPED BY THE RAIDERS! This is not only the worst team in the NFL, but known for handling “head” cases.

Posted by: TheCork | November 5, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

"I hope you mean don't mess this up by signing this overrated, I get torched everygame for a touchdown and then get 1 or 2 personel fouls called on me until my coach pulls me."

That's funny.

Sounds a lot like Randy Moss until he went back to a good team and how did that turn out?

Hall was considered one of the best in the game until he went to the Raiders.

Yes, beyond Rogers the 'Skins have ZERO corners. Smoot sucks(sorry Mr. Love Boat but you really do) and this is Springs last year, that and he's ALWAYS hurt.

If you sign him, you don't have to give up any draft picks either. :P

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | November 5, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

By the way, props to the Skins organization in honoring Sean Taylor. I hope they don't retire his number (at least not permanently), but I think it's great to put him in the Ring of Honor. Rest in peace, old friend.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 5, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Actually, on Walker, we COULD use a WR who can run routes and has caught balls in a pro game. Raiders cutting any OTHER receivers?

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

That is fabulous news! Our beloved 21 deserves this honor!

Re: Leftwich vs Big Ben: Not to take anything away from Leftwich but it's not unusual for a QB to come off the bench during a game and play well.....the opposing team (in this game our Skins)game planned for Ben and were thrown for a loop when Leftwich came into the game.

I think we may have won if Ben had continued to QB.

Posted by: Lisa_R | November 5, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Can we get a DeAngelo Hall post please? I mean its clear Springs is on a decline and you need 3 corners in today's NFL (and as we see now sans Betts you need 2 running backs). Any chance Vinny goes after this guy?

Posted by: BC1963 | November 5, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

The Raiders have 2 CBs. One is great and other teams never throw at him. Phonetically, his name is Nandi Awesome-wa.

The other guy gets eaten alive every week. His name is Hall.

We don't need Hall.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 5, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Having said that, I think the Skins great team chemistry is a big reason for their great start to the season and I think you risk that by signing Hall. I'm tempted, but I'll pass.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 5, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

I live in ATL, so I've seen Hall play for a long time. He's a solid corner, not great, and not bad, he just takes to many chances and plays undisciplined. Get him with Blache, and I think he'll straighten up and be grateful (ala Randy Moss) that he's on a contender. Besides, who knows how long Springs will last with his constant injuries. It would be nice to see a CB get some INT's from time to time. And you don't have to start him, therefore, he won't have to cover the opposing teams best WR.

Posted by: ga8085 | November 5, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

---

I kinda assumed it would happen in my life time. This is a rare time when a the main streem finally shows publicly that it is catching up with us "liberals". Hey maybe in another 30 years the "moderates" will finally accept that "liberals" were right about the military industrial complex and corporate control of government; may take another generation or two or ten, but never forget that mans always taking slow steps to beign a more free and just society.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 5, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

+++Game. Set. Match...you win. Moron of the day.

Posted by: BeantownGreg

You mean he wins dumb a$$ of the day!

Posted by: Flounder21+++

I know neither one of you Cerrato Toadies will ever be confused with Rocket Surgeons, or for that matter the average online high school equivalency holder, but I’m urging others on the board to join me in attempting to upgrade your vocabulary.

With a little effort, you can come up with better insult words and phrases than “moron” or “dumb a$$.”

Today I offer two samples, one for each of you:

“Ninnyhammer” which mans “a simpleton.”

And

"Clinchpoop” which means “a lout or jerk.”

Use these at home, on your neighbors, or in everyday conversation. Try the old trick of using a word three times in one day, and it will become yours.

And hey! No throwing ‘em back at me, guys! I’m just trying to help here.

Posted by: TheCork | November 5, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

The real reason for staying away from Hall is this. The Skins win because they have character people. Its better chemistry when you do not have prima donna teammates.

You may take a chance on great talent/prima donna if you've got a really strong organization. Randy Moss and the Pats are fit.

The Skins aren't that strong yet, with a rookie HC.

So you don't bring in a prima donna, let alone a second rate talent

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 5, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

I think we may have won if Ben had continued to QB.

Posted by: Lisa_R | November 5, 2008 12:06 PM

Actually, I KNOW we would have won had Ben stayed in the game. We get at least 2 more sacks and 2 more INTs if Ben finishes the game. Did you see his first half stats? He couldn't complete 1/3 of his passes, was sacked 3 times and threw a pick. His play kept us in the game despite the blocked punt and loss of momentum.

As for the Leftwich talk: think Todd Collins circa 2007. 'Nuff said.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 5, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Brownie I am just picking between two raiders walker/hall and saying my preference for conversational purpuses. My first choice is niether.

Posted by: chrislarry | November 5, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor into the Ring of Honor: Excellent

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 5, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Cork, thanks for the suggestion. Here's mine back to you:

Shove your head up your a##.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 5, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

poolman:

do not speak for white men you dont know, becuase there are white men that are very happy Obama is the prez to be, I am one of them. I completely support him. GO OBAMA. Watching his speech and the people across the country listening to him was absolutely beautiful. Made me proud to be American.

Posted by: marleyb313 | November 5, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Shove your head up your a##.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 5, 2008 12:21 PM

I second that!

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 5, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

What do you all think about DeAngelo Hall possibly being released later today? I heard Javon Walker may be cut too.

Should we have an interest in either one?

I think Walker is an interesting possibility. Not sure abut Hall, but with Springs not always able to go, I could see the Skins signing him - if he comes cheap enough - to replace Leigh Torrence.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | November 5, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | November 5, 2008 12:16 PM

Your first choice is the right choice. If I have to pick a Raider to play for us I'd take Howie Long. The 50 year old Howie Long on Fox. I'm pretty sure he could still get us 8 sacks.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 5, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

I'm beginning to wonder if most of you even watch football? Javon Walker has one knee. D Hall is a character lacking bum.

Posted by: Gfunk | November 5, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Hey take the white pillow case off your head, and just maybe you will see you have a black prez !!!!!!!!!! Its no secret 65% of males in Va went for Mcain. Why ?? For the first time in american history there will be more that one afro american in the white house at the same time. Remember the slaves build the white house, now there seeds finally get to rest in it. White males in the DMV wise up, color no longer plays a role in the american dream. Can't wait for the first cookout OBAMA throws at the white house.

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 5, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Hey, everyone! I just heard something I think you guys would be interested in. I don't know if you have heard this, but D'Angelo Hall is about to be released from the Raiders.....

Posted by: Good2bOK | November 5, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Poolman,

Please refer to the full rules for posting, which you have agreed to:

You agree not to submit inappropriate content. Inappropriate content includes any content that:
...degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability, or other classification

Seems like you have more than crossed that line, frequently.

Posted by: AFan4Skins | November 5, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

pool, seriously, hold your breath for a long time, like 5 minutes or more....bet you can't....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 5, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Poolman,

Has it occured to you that because color no longer plays a part in the American dream you might have to get off you a$$ and stop blaming whitey for your problems?

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 5, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

I apologize to the blog peeps. I am in no way referring to all African Americans, just ingnorant chooches like poolman. Henceforth, I will ITA. Feel free to do the same to me.

By the way, Sean Taylor is not being honored, the Ring of Honor is.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 5, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Just a reminder: Jasno is chatting at 2http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2008/10/31/DI2008103102545.html

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 5, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

"Clinchpoop” which means “a lout or jerk.”

Posted by: TheCork | November 5, 2008 12:14 PM

Where I come from, this is the term to describe the requirement applicable until pulling the car over at the next exit.

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Wow,

Cork's right:

Although, sween's definition seems pretty accurate as well.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 5, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor was an amazing player on a trajectory to become the greatest of all time. He deserves this honor and I, personally, cannot wait to see his name up there.

Posted by: Wittan | November 5, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Hilarious as usual Sween

Posted by: Gweez | November 5, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

pool, I guess it didn't occur to you that Obama also just so happen to be the FIRST democratic president that has won in VA in over 40 years, maybe it wasn't about being black, or white or any color other than RED or BLUE. Most white men voted for McCain in VA(of which I am not one, my vote went to Obama) because most are republican, and that's what MOST republicans did all over the country.

If Hall clears waivers (which will mean he'll be looking for a NEW contract and not bringing his Raider contract with him) then it might worth bringing him in for a visit. Let Zorn and Blache work him over and see what he's got.

Couldn't hurt, but if Zorn and Blache think they can make him work, he would be an absolute upgrade over Torrence(who hasn't played all that badly).

And Smoot's playing pretty well, got burned on Monday Night, but considering he's been starting in place of Springs and this D still doesn't give up the big plays, he's played pretty well.

Posted by: craig2 | November 5, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

I'm just sayin'. I know they're Raiders, but if we could get either one for the league minimum, why not.

We could use some insurance at CB, with Springs uncertain.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | November 5, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

"And to the folks who think DeAngelo Hall can't play: the man was a Pro-Bowl level performer in Atlanta. Did he forget how to play? I just think the culture in Oakland is so bad that it drags down the performance of everyone who goes there. Look at Randy Moss. If Hall can adjust his attitude and step into the right situation, he might end up being a damn good football player. "

Pro Bowl is just votes. DeAngelo Hall is awful, the fans in Atlanta were so excited when he left. He wasn't that good in Atlanta, seriously.

The other corner on the team has been thrown at NINE times in EIGHT games, the rest have been picking on Hall all year. He's not that good at all. Before the ATL game last week he had to be pulled away from talking trash to his former teammates and coaches and even his Oakland teammates were kinda like WTF.

The guy does NOT fit in an organization like we have at all, talent-wise or just as a person. ATL got a third round and a fifth (I think, maybe 7th?) for this clown and they got too much.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 5, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Long live the Reaper!

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 5, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and I almost forgot, Cork, your an idiot.

Posted by: craig2 | November 5, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

We'll need everything to break our way to beat the Giants... I think this Ring of Fame induction can only help get our men fired up.

Of course, the Giants have Antonio Pierce, and the rookie safety out of Miami, so some of them may have their own emotional lift or whatever...

F it, I just want to get some rest in the next week and then beat the Cowboys mercilessly.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 5, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Anyone else think it's ironic that their is communication equipment problems on a team that is owned by a guy that made all of his money in communications? (Snyder Communications)

Posted by: Alvin_Walton | November 5, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

*there*

Posted by: Alvin_Walton | November 5, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Glad to see them doing this for Sean it was only a matter of time. This will help with our attitude against ny, they hadtheir juice flowing when we played them now we will have ours.

Sean was a man amongst boys when i saw him in college both live and on TV. It is just rare when that same player still looked like a man against boys in a league full of men. RIP 21

Posted by: Stu27 | November 5, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Truth,

They got a 2nd for sure and I think that got a 5th this year.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 5, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Willing to bet in the following. Taylor's fam will be there with Portis's fam. When CP runs up on the giants for a TD he will. 1. point at ST's spot on the ring, and 2. Go hug ST's family.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 5, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

I 2nd that Nate. I hope they give them the type of beatdown Obama gave McCain last night. lol

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 5, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

F*cking awesome news.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | November 5, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Happy for the family of Sean Taylor. I think i speak for all of us in saying we still have heavy hearts,and miss this young man every day.DeAngelo Hall was literally run out of the ATL he was excoriated every day on sports talk radio here in Atlanta especially after the Mike Vick scandal where he outwardly showed his support of Vick.I'm not sure i'd take a flyer on this kid unless he has a meeting with Zorn and Blache given Vinny's track record(kid might need a come to Jesus moment)!!.

Posted by: dargregmag | November 5, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Kudo's to the Falcons for pretty much stealing the Raiders lunch money on this one....

How are the Raiders going to be able to field a team, if they incur all the cap hits from Hall, Walker, and others that they're soon to release...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 5, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

So being a shot-dead thug qualifies someone to join Riggins, Baugh and other luminaries in the Ring of Fame?

Posted by: soulmeld | November 5, 2008 12:15 PM
=============================

Here's hoping you get hit by a bus. Seriously

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | November 5, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

i say sign hall and cut alexander - he wouldn't be bad for a fourth cb

Posted by: ColumbiaUSkins | November 5, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 5, 2008 1:29 PM |

Beaner--The new team won't be much worse than the one they've got with these guys on the roster. When it comes to personnel, Al Davis is no Vinny Cerrato.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 5, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

beep beep (new thread)

Posted by: dcsween | November 5, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

i say sign hall and cut alexander - he wouldn't be bad for a fourth cb

Posted by: ColumbiaUSkins | November 5, 2008 1:29 PM

Look, Dallas is desperate for help at CB. That's where Hall will end up. All we can do by getting into the middle of it is to jack up the price for the Cowboys. And, that seems like a good thing to me.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 5, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Forget Hall, wait until Al Davis screws up with Awesome-wa and get him (of course, only 31 other teams will want him).

Truth, throwing at a guy 9 times in 8 gaems ... that's Darrell Green territory.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 5, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Alex I think CP will go for about 150 and 2 touchdowns against the G Men. He is going to be so pump. I wouldn't be suprise to see Dirty Thirty lay someone out. Remember it was reported that the Reaper took him home every day.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 5, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

i can't believe its almost been a year... i can rememeber nov 27 like it was yesterday...so sad still...i miss Sean

Posted by: rachel216 | November 5, 2008 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Fans are encouraged to arrive early at FedExField for the pre-game ceremony.
--------------------------------------
does that mean we can't see it on tv?

Posted by: rachel216 | November 5, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Leave Hall on the Left Coast.

"despite playing less than four seasons." This says it all...sorry but part of being great is longevity. I understand ST's life was cut short and yes we are left to wonder "what might have been" but that does not equate to being honored on the Ring. This is Danny's attempt to put one of his "own" there.

Posted by: Section303 | November 5, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

I have always thought the redskins (Snyder) should honor Sean T by having a statue of ST.

MJ's status: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dnunz/370539201/

My favorite picture: http://thisisanadventure.com/Philadelphia2TaylorTD.jpg

thoughts??

Posted by: gavila5 | November 5, 2008 9:04 PM | Report abuse

this is a great move to honor a great man and player...
regarding the hall and walker move we should add both of them
we should cut CB Leigh Torrence and LB Alfred Fincher
this would be a smart move considering Hall is still relately young and has the potential go back the player from Atlanta and eventually replace an aging springs and walker can be the other option and big reciver we need on offense..Vinny you have to make this move this could be our brian grant type of move that helped last years packers go deep into the playoff

Posted by: bignock07 | November 5, 2008 9:06 PM | Report abuse