The Skinny On The Biggies

Okay, so we've been going through this in drips and drabs, so I figured I would put this list together in the search for America's Next Top Derrick Dockery.

Figure I'll use a scale of 1-66 (pretty cute, huh?) to handicap their odds of being the guy. A 66 means this dude is the man, and a 2 would mean he's Katie Holmes.

We'll start with players I have heard the Skins have actually contacted:

Todd Wade - the starting tackle jobs are drying up, several defensive players told me he he was very impressive in practice last season and he played well in the start against New Orleans. The Jets remain an option but other teams thought to be potential suitors, like Baltimore, have passed: 64

Adam Timmerman - some inside the building think he's done at age 35, but he does know the system and the terminology and has been a solid starter. Still, i think this would have been done by now if he was really The Guy: 59

Zach Piller - Gregg Williams would know him from Tennessee and he has drawn interest in the building. Rep for being tough and physical, which is what Buges wants, and he's represented by Drew Rosenhaus, which is the golden ticket in Ashburn: 62

Zach Wiegert - Would have to move from tackle, but the Skins seem to seeking out those guys. Has been in contact with the Skins, and they went after him back in 2003 as well. But the interest has not been hot and heavy: 61

Sean Mahan - Making plenty of others visits, and, though the Skins have put in a call or two, I don't get the sense he is on the front burner (but I've been wrong before): 57

Others To Watch:

Edwin Mulitalo - Will know much more on this one today, but have a feeling he will be brought in for a visit. Very solid eight-year starter who is a terrific human being and tenacious run blocker. Was strong in Baltimore's power run game. Like everyone else on this list he's getting old, but Earnest Byner knows him well from his time with the Ravens and he's already played alongside Skins center Casey Rabach. I get the impression this guy could be in for a visit by Thursday: 64

Ruben Brown - Have yet to hear for certain that the Skins are after him, and I think I would have by this point if there was serious interest. But he's a career starter who played for Gregg Williams in Buffalo: 60

Cosey Coleman - Ever just get a hunch about a tough hombre named Cosey? Have heard nothing firm, and have not heard the name mentioned around the facility, but just think of the blog-fun we could have with a name like Cosey?: 56

Jordan Black - Played for Al Saunders in KC, but generating interest elsewhere and had yet to hear from the Skins as of Tuesday: 59

There are plenty of others out there, like Ross Verba, Seth McKinney, Jeno Jones and Cooper Carlisle, who I could pretend to scout, but for various reasons I don't see it happening here at all, at least not yet.

I don't want to make this any more boring than it already is, so I'll leave it off here. If I were a betting man, I'd say forget La Canfora and take the field (everyone I didn't mention), but that's just me.

By Jason La Canfora  |  March 7, 2007; 10:08 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: John Hall Is Released
Next: Best Guest Blog Ever (No Offense To Previous Guest Bloggers, But Trust Me On This One)

Comments

me first

Posted by: oc skins | March 7, 2007 10:41 PM | Report abuse

wow, twice this week Im the first poster!!! Should get a lotto ticket

Posted by: oc skins | March 7, 2007 10:42 PM | Report abuse

The 'Skins lose interest in Pork Chop?
My blood pressure jumped just typing that.

Posted by: LH | March 7, 2007 10:42 PM | Report abuse

Well, as long as we're talking about grizzled veteran players with size and experience on their side, why don't we stop beating around the bush? Let's just say what we're all thinking. Let's have RAY BROWN suit up once more! I bet he has another productive season in him. He's gone from player to broadcaster to coach. Why not make him player-coach? He can be like Paul Newman's character (Reggie Dunlop) in "Slapshot."

Posted by: I'm Just Saying | March 7, 2007 10:46 PM | Report abuse

"Who own da Chief?"

"Owns. OWNS!"

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | March 7, 2007 10:49 PM | Report abuse

That's funny, I'm sure there are worse guards than Ray Brown out there. If anyone can make Pilates seem manly, it's him.

Posted by: Will | March 7, 2007 10:50 PM | Report abuse

No GM Mole... just some Sam Light tonight

Jason... why do they wait so long to release certain guys? (John Hall) I understand the Springs situation with the cap hit, but if I were a player "expecting" to get cut, wouldn't i want it to happen sooner than later so I can find me a job elsewhere? Or could you sorta drag your feet and not worry about it? Just wondering.

(i mean if I saw my name on Jason La Nostradamucanfora's list I'd be worried)

Posted by: Dorf | March 7, 2007 10:56 PM | Report abuse

Come on JLC all we want to know is what is going on with the Skins and Bly. If there is not going to be a deal tell us the suspense is killing me.

Posted by: Jon | March 7, 2007 11:23 PM | Report abuse

America's Next Top Dock...I love it.

Jon, you may be only interested in the Bly thing but I think most of us are very interested in Dock's replacement. We are currently good to go on Defense (well, after we draft) but lacking on the O line. Personally, I'm sick to death of hearing about Dre Bly.

Posted by: Lisa | March 7, 2007 11:33 PM | Report abuse

Guys, I can only report what's going on, and play Jr. Kreskin (did I spell that right?) on occassion. But this trade thing has to play itself out, folks. One conversation could make it or break it. No way to predict. Even if it doesn't happen for Bly, I expect them to talk swapping picks right til the draft.
Also hear the Jets covet the 6th overall pick.

Okay, NFL follies about over (anyone else see the Joe Gibbs/Nick Backay bit?) and I need to get to bed early for once this week.

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | March 7, 2007 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Great post...

Listening to NYC sports talk as they Trash A. Pierce...wild...

Love any and all Slap Shot references...man I wish the Caps were better...how badly have they Fed up th NHL????

Posted by: chris larry | March 7, 2007 11:58 PM | Report abuse

Throwing my weight behind:

1. wade
2. b-more widebody

Posted by: chris larry | March 8, 2007 12:02 AM | Report abuse

Nice summary article of all the free agent and draft possiblilities JLC. Sounds like Denver is making a Bowl run and is getting some nice pieces in place. They just might overpay a little to get #6 and put them over the top. That would be a change. Shanny usually picks Vinny's pocket. Bly + 3 lower pix sounds like a good start to making my prediction of accumulating 7 new draft picks by draft day come true. Pix arent't sexy but the Skins need em.

Posted by: hatty | March 8, 2007 12:20 AM | Report abuse

Jason - The Gibbs interview bit on the Follies show would have been bearable if Billick wasnt involved. Geez that guy is an arrogrant tool.

Posted by: SuperSkin | March 8, 2007 12:37 AM | Report abuse

Picks! Who needs them? Maybe B-more or the Pats. Everyone else is throwing darts miles from the target in the dark. The picks that 'skim seem to know what their doing is any pick before 9. (With all this money thrown to corners, it seems that they think they missed on Carlos.) 7M guaranteed to Smoot, who know's how much to Bly - maybe 15M. How about keeping Springs one more year at 7M? Can any of the other corners get sacks?

Posted by: bangkokben | March 8, 2007 12:48 AM | Report abuse

Listening to NYC sports talk as they Trash A. Pierce...wild...

That's almost like DC sports talk trash M. Barrow. Not quite, but almost. Other than shut-out the 'skins early in 2005 whatelse has he done but get hurt and be completely irreplacable?

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 12:53 AM | Report abuse

"The Ravens cut eight-year veteran guard Edwin Mulitalo, and designated him a post-June 1 salary-cap casualty, meaning they take only a partial salary cap hit now." from NFL.com

How can they do this and does that mean that you can't sign him until June?

Sleep tight everyone. It's One in the afternoon here. I'll just wait - Oh maybe severn to ten hours to get an answer to this question.

R.I. rules! JlC rocks! Way to make up big time for all the time at the end of the season (playoffs) when there was soooo much griping about the frequency of your posts. You who are not a fan keep the fuel on our fanatical fires. Hail!

Posted by: bangkokben | March 8, 2007 1:07 AM | Report abuse

Bangkokben asks a good q - we need more anwers here - How can a player be designated as a cap casualty post June 1 before June 1? Can any team do this, any time? Why isn't Wade being seriously considered for the guard spot? Wouldn't he know the terminology better than Zimmerman at this point? Wouldn't it make more sense to invest in an up-and-comer? Is Wade so much of a pure tackle that he would be inefficeint at guard? Really? And why can't I get a straight answer on what contract concessions Shawn Springs was asked to give? Was it really a cut in salary? Is this legal under the collective bargaining agreement? Was it a simple request for a conversion from salary to bonus as Portis and Moss agreed to, or something more? Is anyone actually aware of the answers reading this, or are we all just guessing?

Posted by: mugamack | March 8, 2007 1:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | March 8, 2007 3:13 AM | Report abuse

Re: the issue of deferring Mulitalo's pay (see below). The short version - each team can designate two contracts per year for special treatment (cap hit deferral).

Once the team waives the player, the player becomes a free agent and can negotiate and sign a deal with any other team. There is no waiting period, regardless of how his former team deals with the old contract.

(ii) Acceleration.
(1) For any player removed from the Team's roster, or whose Contract is assigned to another Club via
waivers or trade, on or before June 1 in any League Year prior to the Final Capped Year, or at any time during
the Final Capped Year, any unamortized signing bonus amounts will be included in Team Salary for such
League Year, except that for each League Year preceding the Final Capped Year, each Club may designate up
to two Player Contracts that, if terminated on or prior to June 1 and if not renegotiated after the last regular
season game of the prior League Year, shall be treated (except to the extent prescribed by Section 7(d)(iii)
below) as if terminated on June 2, i.e., the Salary Cap charge for each such contract will remain in the Club's
Team Salary until June 2, at which time its Paragraph 5 Salary and any unearned LTBE incentives will no
longer be counted and any unamortized signing bonus will be treated as set forth in Subsection (2) below. If
acceleration puts a Team over the Salary Cap, the Team will have seven days to conform with the Salary Cap,
but may not sign any players until there is Room to do so under the Salary Cap.
(2) For any player removed from the Team's roster or whose Contract is assigned via waivers or trade
after June 1, except in the Final Capped Year, any unamortized signing bonus amounts for future years will be
included fully in Team Salary at the start of the next League Year.
(3) In the event that a player who has had a signing bonus allocated over the years of his Player Contract
is traded, or whose Contract is assigned to another team pursuant to the NFL's waiver procedure, the Team
Salary of the player's new team will not include any portion of the signing bonus.

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | March 8, 2007 3:30 AM | Report abuse

And for you lawyers, accountants, masochists and wannabes out there, you can find the current CBA here:

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | March 8, 2007 3:35 AM | Report abuse

Antonio Pierce being trashed by NYC sports radio? Not sure what the deal with that is. Every time I've seen Pierce play since he became a Giant, he has looked like Urlacher, Jr. I guess they want LT or Sam Huff to come back and suit up? Harry Carson too? Maybe they should vent their anger at LBM. He was still the #1 QB/squash player, last time I checked.

Speaking of Pierce, his boy in Chicago and former teammate in college (Briggs) is breaking bad in the media over being franchised - says he is finished playing for Bears management. I wonder if Pierce is still acting as Giants' GM/personal advisor for Briggs.

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | March 8, 2007 3:49 AM | Report abuse

Can I get a copy of that Patrick Ramsey NFL highlight film please? I know - he got a raw deal in DC. That's now ancient history.

Ramsey didn't break through with the Jets either, although he had a chance to make a statement in training camp. He couldn't beat out Pennington (after two shoulder surgeries) and then apparently lost the #2 slot to rookie Kellen Clemens (after a broken leg late in college).

There was talk of him going to Texas before he signed with Denver. Someone even went so far as to say that Ramsey would be more mobile than David Carr and could help push Carr out of town. (Who knew Carr was THAT bad?)

In any case, good luck to Patrick in Denver. Maybe he is just a late bloomer and will get a chance to show his real stuff one of these days.

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | March 8, 2007 4:09 AM | Report abuse

jm220,

When are you going to beef up to jm320 and apply for the open Left Guard position with the Skins? The minimum contract amount is pretty sweet. I can probably get you a small signing bonus as well. In fact, I am quite sure I can also get you some LTBE Incentives for smacks to the back of Grilliams' head. Call me!

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | March 8, 2007 4:15 AM | Report abuse

Please, please, please, let Denver sweat it out a bit. Let other teams get interested in the #6 pick, make them want it. What do we have to lose?

I saw Ramsey play enough. I don't think he got that raw of a deal. I think his decision making was Shuler-esque at times ...

Bangkokben -- you and me representin RI in Asia, bro.

Posted by: Paps in Manila | March 8, 2007 4:39 AM | Report abuse

"The Denver Broncos on Wednesday night won the battle for coveted backup quarterback
Patrick Ramsey, with ESPN.com learning the club has reached a contract agreement with the five-year veteran.

Ramsey, 28, will sign a two-year contract worth approximately $5 million, with about $1.5 million in guarantees.

The Houston Texans and Carolina Panthers also were interested in Ramsey, who recently was released by the New York Jets after only one season with the team . . .

Given the volume of teams that pursued him after the Jets released him, though, it appears there are still people in the league who value him." (All 3 of them.)

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

And here are the teams that need/needed a solid back-up QB and didn't show any interest in Ramsey (besides the Jets):

Dallas Cowboys
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Tampa Bay Bucs
Tenn. Titans

And not to mention an additional half-dozen teams which need an upgrade at back-up QB.

Nice accurate reporting there, Len.

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | March 8, 2007 4:54 AM | Report abuse

Champ Bailey's worst nightmare:

"Dre Bly stays in Denver for 2007. Bly has every QB throwing at him and avoiding Champ. Bly gets 20 interceptions, most tackles for a DB, 10 forced fumbles, 5 fumble recoveries, and Defensive Player of the Year. Bly gets SI cover entitled, "The Best Shut-down Corner in the NFL". Bly becomes a free agent when Denver can't resign him and becomes the highest-paid CB in the NFL: 10 years/$100 million/$25 million guaranteed."

No wonder why Champ wasn't smiling last week when he was asked about Dre Bly coming to Denver.

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | March 8, 2007 5:08 AM | Report abuse

#88 -- an interesting scenario you present, but when exactly did Bly obtain the Almighty Powers of God to be able to reign in every pass thrown at him and tackle like Urlacher?

And Champ would be smiling if Bly was ever struck by the SI Cover Jinx. (e.g., Bly blows out his knee in the next game - Broncos lose Bly for playoff run).

Posted by: Paps in Manila | March 8, 2007 5:28 AM | Report abuse

Jason,

Denver seems to be in a bit of a bind with a guy who doesn't want to play for them. Were the Redskins, Denver, and Detroit working out a three-way deal before Detroit got anxious (or another offer) and switched it to a two-way deal? Detroit forced Denver to trade before the Skins and Broncos had agreed on their bits, and now the Skins actually have a stronger bargaining position and are negotiating the #6 with a few teams?

Posted by: KK | March 8, 2007 5:35 AM | Report abuse

When you trade back you run the risk of not getting an immediate starter(6th pic)most rookies take 3 yrs to start,so getting more pics is great but unless We really suck next yr? We wont be in position to pic this high?Top TEN players are Elite and if you choose right you have a great player for many yrs(CORE PLAYER)?

Posted by: Trading 6th pic will hurt? | March 8, 2007 7:19 AM | Report abuse

JlC, THANKS for the fresh info! And yesterday you said there was no sexy news on guards. Are you kidding me? This news is sexier than Bugel in pasties and a g-string.

From your list, the intriguing one was Zach Piller. Interesting in that a 9 year guy with three starts last year got as many as 62 points and keep Next Question! as his agent. If league longevity really isn't a downside at the guard position (at some point, the over ripe fruit essentially falls off this guard tree, doesn't it?), and if they can't get Todd Wade, then Mulitalo sounds like the man. Todd Wade sounds best to me, if only b/c its nice to have someone 6'8" on the roster.

bangkokben, I didn't know you were actually in Bangkok. Complete envy. I love, love, love the Thai people (all the smiling and laughing, including after mortifying social blunder and other horrible catastrophe), not to mention real Thai food. Big fan of Thai food in the States, but real Thai food (where the 'spicy' means something other than 'hot') cannot be beat. Then the weather.

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 7:24 AM | Report abuse

Good news, Serie A is going to be broadcast on FSC next year. Finally get to watch some real soccer :).

Also, everyone is reporting that Bly has a house in VA and wants to come here for that. Anyword on if that is true or if it's BS for the money JLA?

Posted by: Skinz | March 8, 2007 7:33 AM | Report abuse

I have a question that I think has been untalked about but still a good question. With Hall being released where is Vanderjact? However you spell his name. He is sitting out there as a Free Agents correct? Is he on the Skins radar? Is he even willing to play?

Posted by: Mike4169@aol.com | March 8, 2007 7:43 AM | Report abuse

The dude's got some serious yips. How do you go from being the most accurate kicker in professional football history to being cut by the Cowboys (who have gone through almost as many kickers as the Skins over the last 5 years) to not even being called by another team for 7 months?! I'd rather take my chances with the Swish.

I did hear that the Saints have brought him in to possibly be their kick-off specialist, which was always the WEAKEST part of his game.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 8:00 AM | Report abuse

None of those names really excites me that much. Can't help feeling Davis woulda been the perfect fit, can play guard and offer depth at both OT spots. Option A, as of now, is probably to pick up draft picks and draft an OG on day 1.

Impressed JLC and others on here are fans of the beautiful game - Champions League, Seria A - all great stuff.

Posted by: Ed the Red | March 8, 2007 8:14 AM | Report abuse

kicker for gmen jay feely is a FA? might cost some $$ but it would solve the problem? Go cheap & lose 1 OR 3 games?

Posted by: Kicker wanted? | March 8, 2007 8:37 AM | Report abuse

fire cerrato. keep springs. sign mulitalo. draft Gaines or Anderson. Draft or Sign Podlesh to punt. Back in playoffs!!!

Posted by: ocho uno for the hall | March 8, 2007 8:49 AM | Report abuse

Why does espn hate the Redskins so much?!?!

"Blessed with a strong arm and solid pocket presence, Ramsey has suffered from being overcoached at times and, certainly during his tenure under coach Joe Gibbs in Washington, he was mishandled and lost confidence."

True, the Skins mishandled him, but I'd say that Spurrier was the culprit, not Gibbs.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 8:53 AM | Report abuse

What station was trashing Pierce, 660 or 1050...? They're both garbage.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Adam Carriker ran at his Pro-Day at Nebraska yesterday, and posted times of 4.72, and 4.73 in the 40.

He's the guy that I want the skins to draft.

Posted by: Greg(Boston) | March 8, 2007 8:56 AM | Report abuse

That's just Lenny P. letting his personal views on a ownership cloud a story.

If he could find a way to take a story about a pie eating contest in Seattle into something that slams Snyder. He would.

he hates the owner, he hates the front office, he hates the fans of this team.

Posted by: ESPN Hate | March 8, 2007 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Further to my espn comment - the article is just not good reporting. Ramsey being "mishandled" and having "lost confidence" are subjective, not facts. Good reporting is dead when it comes to corporate controlled, TV first establishments like espn.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 9:01 AM | Report abuse

You are absolutely right about Ramsey. Gibbs had nothing to do with his problems. Ramsey was ruined by the ole ball coach, the only coach in the history of the NFL that didn't think his team needed to game plan for an opposing defense. Ramsey never learned how to be an NFL QB and was beat to death by Spurrier's college offense. What was Gibbs supposed to do with this train wreck?! The Jets figured it out pretty quick and the Broncos will as well.

Posted by: drbatch | March 8, 2007 9:05 AM | Report abuse

What planet is Len Pasquerrelli from when he writes that nonsense about Patrick Ramsey? Pluto? He did write it at 11:15 last night so God knows how much he'd had to drink but he can be equally out of it at any hour of the day.

How do you blame a coach -- either Gibbs or Spurrier -- for Ramsey's shortcomings? The man just isn't an NFL quarterback. Period.

He was late into camp as a rookie. He had the starting job and lost it -- more than once. His decision-making was terrible. Pasquarrelli write of his "pocket presence" but that's code for he couldn't get out of the pocket, didn't know where to throw, and he could get back up after he was hit. Denver seems to be making one bad move after another -- a quarterback who can't play and a cornerback who won't play.

Posted by: KK | March 8, 2007 9:07 AM | Report abuse

OCHO- nice wonderlic link... Heath Shuler got a 16? Ufda!

That was some serious AM bloggin last night. JLC, how are you able to keep up with everything? I'm happy that you get your EPL fix every once and a while.

dcsween- harrisonburg has a few nice little Thai places. Their Pad Ped Pa is delish. Come on down sometime, I think they have WiFi as well so we could BOGO in style.

I can't wait for Double Screws to start catching those picks next year. With Smoot and a healthy Springs/happy Bly, Carlos may make the impact a 1st round corner is expected to make.

Posted by: Dorf | March 8, 2007 9:09 AM | Report abuse

JLC, great job, but I was a little disappointed to see that the lowest ranked possibility was a 56. I wanted a 2... so I made one.

John Hall -- Would need to switch over from kicker to guard, but has shown the ferocity on kickoffs to pop dudes in the mouth. Buges likes that. He lacks the bulk, technique and durability to play on the line, having shown a knack for getting injured AS A KICKER. The Skins did just cut him and I haven't heard his name being kicked around the facility at all, but Joe likes him. He showed unflappable support for him when he flat out stunk as our kicker. I could see the Gibber trying to make a place for him on this team: 2

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 9:10 AM | Report abuse

You'll hardly find any truely objective reporting these days. ESPN will always try to sensationalize their reporting. JLC will always apply the Redskins spin on his. Easier to just accept it than fight it.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 9:11 AM | Report abuse

I disagree partially. I'd bet my life earnings that Payton Manning would be ruined as well after spending his first two years in the NFL getting pulverized in Spurrier's chuck and duck offense. A qb can only take so much of being clobbered repeatedly by multiple 300+ lineman, getting up, and knowing that you had no plan whatsoever from preventing it from happening on the next play.

Posted by: drbatch | March 8, 2007 9:11 AM | Report abuse

drbatch--

Didn't Troy Aikman have exactly the same experience his first year in Dallas? He turned out okay.

We'll never know how Ramsey would have turned out in a different offense, but he's had three tries already and hasn't amounted to squat. I say he's in the league one, maybe two more years, then he's running for Congress from North Carolina.

Posted by: KK | March 8, 2007 9:15 AM | Report abuse

nyskins---it was the fan 660

Posted by: connskins | March 8, 2007 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Redskins spin? Anonymous guy... come correct man, Jason has made it clear he isn't a skins fan (he's a b-more guy) and he just spits it like he sees it. He does a pretty good job of debunking the FO spin and usually caveats things that might... He may post certain rumors or stories to keep his readers talking, but the mans not guilty of embellishing anything over the top.

Bucktown: you gave Hall a 2?? Come on man, he's super smart and kicks his guts out. That's worth at least a 10 in my book.

Posted by: Dorf | March 8, 2007 9:18 AM | Report abuse

KK--

The Cowboys spent more than 15 minutes gameplanning for their opponent and didn't try to convince Aikman that his offense was so good that it wouldn't be necessary to actually learn what a defense is doing.

I am not defending Ramsey. I am saying that he was worthless before Gibbs ever arrived.

Posted by: drbatch | March 8, 2007 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Re: March 8, 2007 09:11 AM's post -

JLC incorporates the pro-Redskins spin in his BLOG, where it belongs. Not in his articles for the Post. Huge difference.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 9:19 AM | Report abuse

drbatch--

We agree he was no good before Gibbs arrived. I guess where we may part company is that I think he was no good before Spurrier arrived, either.

Even Spurrier didn't want to put him into the game, preferring Woeful and that other Florida boy.

Posted by: KK | March 8, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Dorf, I was just about to write the same thing. JLC does not apply a Redskins "spin" in fact, I think he hates them.

The Washington Times is much kinder to the Skins than the WashPo.

Posted by: Lisa | March 8, 2007 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Spurrier would have preferred the Florida waterboy over any non-FLorida QB in the league. He was that arrogant.

We'll never know what kind of qb Ramsey would have been. It is obvious, however, what he is now.

Posted by: drbatch | March 8, 2007 9:25 AM | Report abuse

JLC/Redskins spin might not be a bad thing. Chances are that his sources would dry up if JLC was trashing them all the time.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 9:26 AM | Report abuse

If there is light in the soul,
There will be beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person,
There will be harmony in the house.
If there is harmony in the house,
There will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
There will be peace in the world.

Chinese Proverb

Posted by: jm220 | March 8, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse

well....doesn't that just change everything!

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 9:29 AM | Report abuse

I don't think that JLC hates the skins. I just think he speaks/writes on behalf of the frustrated fan and it comes off sounding like the FO has been doing a very poor job over the years.

And, again, spin is ok in a BLOG. NOT in reporting. There is a HUGE difference.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Pasquarelli (and Peter King, and Dr. Z) are columnists, not reporters. They are paid to have opinions, like TK or Wilbon. Its one thing to disagree with their opinions/call them biased (which I do and they are), but knocking them for not being reporters and having a bias is misdirected.

For reports of "information", the guys I prefer are guys like Clayton (though sometimes he gets a little spinny himself), but also the guys on nfl.com like Pat Kirwan (who is not even originally a journalist, but instead a football operations guy). Prisco and Judge are columnists too, i.e., not reporters.

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Dorf, I'll give Hall higher than a 2 ONLY if the NFL changes the rules to allow slide tackling and high kicks as blocking techniques for pulling guards.

nyskinsfan and anonymous, I don't really see the Skins spin in JLC's blog posting. If by "Skins spin" you mean all of his posts are about the Skins instead of the NFL as a whole, then sure... it's a Redskins Insider blog.

But to group his blog reports with ESPN's self-aggrandising marketing engine as examples of non-objective news reporting is ridiculous.

I'd challenge anyone who thinks his blog postings are blatantly spun towards the Skins, in promotion or support of the franchise at the expense of contradictory or facts, to find some examples.

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Why did the Redskins not Franchise Dockery? Does anyone know if they refuse to use that option? Would it have been too much money? I am actually not that upset about him leaving cause I think he is overrated but it seems like they could have franchised him for a lot less then he was signed for in Buffalo.

Posted by: Mike4169@aol.com | March 8, 2007 9:32 AM | Report abuse

" ...

Chinese Proverb

Posted by: jm220 | March 8, 2007 09:27 AM"

... and if Sean Taylor is on the field, there will be damage to the punter.

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

dc, that may be, but, "Broncos agree with Ramsey, landing coveted backup" is a news story, not a column. Fact. Whatever he wants to be, his spin was included as part of a news story, not a column.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 9:35 AM | Report abuse

HOW BOUT THOSE BALTIMORE ORIOLES???????????????????????????

Posted by: Cal Ripken | March 8, 2007 9:35 AM | Report abuse

and if Sean Taylor is on the field, there will be damage to the punter.

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 09:33 AM

Now Dcsween I was trying to bring postive energy to the blog today. That is so wrong but I am still LMAO!

Posted by: jm220 | March 8, 2007 9:35 AM | Report abuse

You gotta have cap space to franchise a player. The immediate cap hit for a franchised player is enormous (5-7mil most likely). The Skins like to be creative with their contracts to minimize the immediate cap hits. Franchise tags remove the ability to be creative.

Posted by: drbatch | March 8, 2007 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Jason, your grammar & spelling is getting worse and worse.

"and I totally guessing for the most part"

"and he showed he ability in the start against New Orleans"

Ouch! I can't read anymore. I totally guessing you no show you ability with proofreading you what you write.

Posted by: Owww! | March 8, 2007 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Mike4169@aol.com, $9.556 million is the OL franchise price this year.

We didn't have that much cap space at the time of the franchising deadline, and we still might not have that much room (we're at 9+ mil according to JLC).

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

It's a BLOG. Proofreading not necessary.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

"Guys, I can only report what's going on, and play Jr. Kreskin (did I spell that right?)"

Why would you care? Learn how to spell "run blocker" first.

run bloiker!

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Jason,
Please advise The Danny and Coach Joe to hold out with Denver. If Denver wants that #6 pick, then we don't have to give in to them and get ripped off again....
let's see how badly they want it.

Posted by: Redskin Ray | March 8, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Hear, hear, nyskinsfan!

ITA

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 9:43 AM | Report abuse

To sum up, if Lenny P. wants to write a blog or an opinion piece and trash the Redskins all day, he is perfectly within his right to do that. Just as JLC is within his right to say whatever he wants on his blog and not proofread it ever. I'm just commenting that it really annoys me to Len's his anti-skins bias creep into his reporting of news stories. And this isn't the first time.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 9:43 AM | Report abuse

from Sportscenter this morning... it doesn't really seem like we have the upper hand in the Bly deal. They were saying that Shanahan is getting offers from at least 2 other teams and will most likely sit tight and see which plays out the best for Denver. For some reason I have a bad feeling that we will be on the receiving end of another lopsided trade.

Posted by: Chuck in Syracuse | March 8, 2007 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Correction:

I'm just commenting that it really annoys me to see Len's anti-skins bias creep into his reporting of news stories. And this isn't the first time.

(didn't proofread)

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Owww!, its not a question of ability, but of effort. Here, given the informal nature of the entries combined with the ravanous (sp?) appetite for any news bits, no one really cares about spelling, punctuation, diction, grammar, sobriety, relevance, etc. Its all good.

Mike####, franchising Dockery would have been an insult to Randy Thomas. Part of the new rationality in the Skins FO is probably based on figuring out that this most recent re-calibration of salaries due to mediocre players is going to make it really, really hard to maintain morale among talented players who will be locked into longer term contracts earning much less.

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Who were draft picks that you were so happy the Skins chose but then turned out to be busts? Guts to admit it anyone?
I'll begin:
1. I was very excited about Carlos Rogers.
now I can't get that play out of my mind where he dropped a sure 6 points in the very beginning of the game vs. SeaHawks in playoffs. We would have been up 7-0 and you never know what happens after that.

Posted by: Redskin Ray | March 8, 2007 9:45 AM | Report abuse

whoops...didn't attribute:

Correction:

(didn't proofread)

I'm nyskinsfan and I approve of this message.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 9:46 AM | Report abuse

I agree, nyskinsfan. Lenny Pasquafatass is awful.

Did you guys ever read the report about how he has a history of hyping lesser known NFL players in articles that are linked to some his agent friends? That's just disgusting...

I wish I could find it again. I read it sometime in the last 1-2 years.

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 9:46 AM | Report abuse

"It's a BLOG. Proofreading not necessary."

How about just once, you know, quickly? It never used to be this bad.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 9:47 AM | Report abuse

JLaC - You didn't rate Ray Brown's chances on coming back. I would give it a 57. He has a whole offseason to get ready. And Cruise and Snyder can make a movie about it.......

Posted by: 4th | March 8, 2007 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Pierce bashing: It was The Fan and it was Steeve "The Schmooze" Summers and his producer with callers piling on. I put no credence to it other than its the beginning of the Pierce sucks narrative that I could see growing next year. They claimed he was to slow to cover and although he lead the team in tackles all of the tackles were 7 yards past the line of scrimmage....

Lisa I have to take a bit of an issue with the comment about JLaC and the Skins that you said "I think he hates them" That is ridiculous. Its his job to be objective which means haveing a critical view when appropriate. He is NOT a fan which is a positive in terms of good reporting and while he has for sure had run ins with upper management he has stated many positive interpersonel things about players, coaches and administrators. In addition he praises moves that he sees as objective wise. Also without the risk of getting all JM220 on you, but using a word like "Hate" to talk about sports and especially media relationships with teams is an ill choice. With so many examples of hate in the WaPo, America, the world etc lets keep it out of the fun of sports and esecially when attributing it to someone performing their job....

One final thought: Both views of JLaC is biased and/or out to get Skins are knee jerk shallow opinions that show a basic misunderstanding of News/Media and really I hope can be dropped. In my opinion they lower the level of discourse worse than "do any of you tool belts know where I can get a good kosher hot dog"

Ok...exiting soap box...F me...

Posted by: chris Larry | March 8, 2007 9:49 AM | Report abuse

"There are whispers the Packers have some interest in Ladell Betts of the Washington Redskins. Betts, 27, had a pretty non-descript pro career until last season when he stared the last seven games for Clinton Portis, who had a fractured hand."

Posted by: Rob | March 8, 2007 9:49 AM | Report abuse

DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!! DC UNITED!!!

Posted by: Barra Brava | March 8, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

2. Michael Westbrook!
all we were told was he was so fast, had so much size. He was Art Monk but even faster.

Turns out he had noodles in between his ears!

Posted by: Redskin Ray | March 8, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Did we get any picks for Ramsey signing?

Posted by: 4th | March 8, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Bucktown, Let's dig that up. I'd love to get some kind of campaign started. Power to the people.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Dockery rode the perfect storm -- craptastic players getting huge bonuses -- which will be a one-year bubble at this point. Since the franchise tag for offensive linemen is not segregated into tackles and guards, Dockery would've been paid like the third-best left tackle in the league -- over $9M.
What he got from the Bills was at most $7M/year, and probably will be much less effectively.
If the skins wanted to franchise someone, they would only have to make some of these seemingly difficult decisions (like Hall and Wynn and Daniels) earlier; but they do not know the meaning of cap hell. You can always buy your way out of cap hell, if your owner wants to; the sacrifice is that you often can't buy your way out of bad players (see Lloyd, Brandon).

Posted by: cload and daggar | March 8, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

I think the term "spin" usually means taking a piece of bad/indifferent news and putting a positive spin on it. More and more these days it also implies a level of deviousness or bias.

I sometimes wonder if JLC tries to spin things a little more positively (i.e. pro Redskins) to keep the natives happy. This place seems to be infested with complete homers.

I guess this view might support the view that JLC only applies the spin to his blog.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 9:52 AM | Report abuse

I don't understand all of these 'whispers' about trading Betts?!?!?!

If we trade Betts, we better stay ay #6 and get Adrian Peterson. He should fall to us now that Lewis signed with the Browns, hopefully........

Posted by: 4th | March 8, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

3. Taylor Jacobs
I watched him get open deep so often at Florida, I really thought he would be a good receiver for us stretching the defense..... another high draft pick that was a bust!

Posted by: Redskin Ray | March 8, 2007 9:55 AM | Report abuse

I hate Pasquarelli but to say Gibbs didn't mismanage Ramsey is ridiculous. I have no idea if he could be a good qb in this league. All I know is Gibbs yanked him after 1 quarter after publicly saying he was going to be the starter since the previous November. Dude has only started 24 games, has a good arm and is tough in the pocket. Maybe Spurrier ruined him by letting him get blasted nonstop but I saw him make enough throws to think he could develop into a good qb.

Posted by: cdubb | March 8, 2007 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Spin can be both positive and negative. It's very prevalent in Washington.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 9:58 AM | Report abuse

vertical line, your cover is blown. "Homers" is an ES term.

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Considering the new cap room. I think the Skins would like Bly, but know if it looks like a bad deal. They can ride with Springs for this season, if healthy and if he doesn't restructure. Then you go back to Plan "A" and draft a DL.

Posted by: AEE | March 8, 2007 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Ahh, you've detected the slight difference between 'Redskins Insider' and 'Redskins S&M Insider'; in the one, a guy tries to write articles read by the faithful and the cynical; in the other, the guy writes articles read by those that want to get punched in the mouth for even opening the web page.

Posted by: cload and daggar | March 8, 2007 9:58 AM | Report abuse

cdubb, That may very well be, but to say that a qb was mismanged leading to a loss of confidence is not reporting a fact. It's reporting the opinion of an espn columnist.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Did the Jets "mismanage" Ramsey too by not letting him beat out noodle-armed Pennington?! I am getting bored with this whole conspiracy theory theme.

Posted by: drbatch | March 8, 2007 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Pasquarelli, Peter King, and Dr. Z walk into a bar.

The bartender says "what, is this a joke?"

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

cdubb--

Do you remember the preseason that Ramsey had? And do you remember the interception in the end zone the one quarter he started?

Gibbs watches these guys every day in practice. Brunnell came back stronger than he'd expected, and Ramsey simply didn't get any better. He's never gotten any better and if Gibbs hadn't changed to Brunnell after that quarter, we never would have gone to the playoffs.

And that's a fact. Okay, it's an opinion.

Posted by: KK | March 8, 2007 10:03 AM | Report abuse

From the jm220 positive energy perspective, I think Ramsey made the right move. Better to be the #2 QB behind someone who is essentially a rookie waiting to fall, than it would be to be David Carr 2.0 behind an offensive line allowing him to fall. The #2 QB is always the most popular guy in town. Denver is close to those skier towns ... ladies with suntanned faces and strong legs.

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Agree this is boring. There isn't much to debate as I think we've settled on JLC writing a Blog for Redskins fans to read and Len P. being terribly biased agains the Redskins. I always thought it, so it was good to see that I wasn't the only one.

Here's some fodder: Do we think Jason Campbell will have progressed enough to get the Skins very far next year? The big unknowns at this point are Jason's progress (i.e. not getting really nervous and throwing to linebackers), and how good the somewhat revamped defense will be. Anyone see any other big unknowns? I think it's a given that there will be at least an adequate fill-in for Dock.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 10:07 AM | Report abuse

I don't care about the situation with the Jets. Pennington has taken the Jets to the playoffs more than Brunell did here. I'm just saying I don't think Ramsey ever got a fair shot here. You got me all wrong, I'm not a Pasquarelli or Ramsey backer. Maybe I am just pissed I had to watch crappy Brunell for the majority of the past 3 years skip passed all over the field.

Posted by: cdubb | March 8, 2007 10:08 AM | Report abuse

nyskinsfan, if its true that JC wants to -- and Moss, Lloyd and Randel El agree to -- spend time during the offseason together for some one on one passing-receiving practice, esp. to get calibrate their timing and touch, then yes.

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 10:10 AM | Report abuse

ahh, Moss...has there been a greater Skin in the past 10 years? That's something to debate. The dude is so fun to watch and humble and unassuming. Yes, he has a tendancy to get shut out, but I blame past lack of suffient 2nd and 3rd receivers and poor play at QB.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 10:16 AM | Report abuse

"Pennington has taken the Jets to the playoffs more than Brunell did here."

cdubb, comparing Pennington's two (after picking up for Testeverde midseason in 2002) versus Brunell's one is not making a particularly persuasive point. Ramsey couldn't beat out either injured-throwing-shoulder noodle arm. This particular thread is becoming less about Ramsey and more about Brunell. I think we can all calm down now. Brunell is no longer #1 QB. Brunell is now longer the #3 top paid Redskin.

Sheesh, my need to do devil's advocacy today is wearing me out. Having to help peeps re-focus their ire about Pasquarelli, Ramsey, Brunell in one morning ... and its not even 10:30. Must refocus on positive energy. Send positive karma to sustain rational thinking in Skins FO.

SERENITY NOW!

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 10:20 AM | Report abuse

The more I think about the idea of Mulitalo, the more I like it. Seems like a very good dude -- sensible too. Sounds like he could bring good mojo to the locker room. "Luau party at Mulitalo's. Big Joe, you're in charge of the suckling pig. Santana, you're in charge of the tunes (don't let Cooley touch the stereo). Prioleau, you're in charge of Smoot. Ready. Break."

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

"Contrary to reports, Bly is happy to be with the Broncos, his agent, Kennard McGuire, told the Rocky Mountain News. Denver hasn't committed to extending Bly's contract, which will pay him $4.2 million in 2007, its final year."

Posted by: 4th via Wash Times | March 8, 2007 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Heath Shuler vs. Patrick Ramsey for President in 2020.

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | March 8, 2007 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I [heart] Mulitalo. He comes with a ready-made nickname, "The Mutilator." And he saves on moving costs because he's so close. It's a win-win.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 10:28 AM | Report abuse

NYSkinsFan - I grew mainly watching the 90's Redkins, and I gotta say, Ken Harvey has painfully gotten me threw some seasons......

Posted by: 4th Floor | March 8, 2007 10:28 AM | Report abuse

cdubb--

Brunnell lost his job when he got serious about skipping passes. But Ramsey lost his for interceptions -- 29, compared to only 34 TDs. Ramsey got sacked 75 times, including four times in that one game where Gibbs yanked him. He doesn't know when to throw. Brunnell was sacked 54 times. On QB ratings, Brunnell is 84, Ramsey 75. Etc. I don't think you can find a statistical category where Ramsey is better than Brunnell.

Posted by: KK | March 8, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Bly has all of the makings of another FO tragedy. It's another situation where it seems that the FO just wants what it doesn't have.. Unfortunately, though, Springs in an injury concern so we're between a rock and a hard place. Do we deal with the uncertainty of an injury plaqued, but quality CB, or do deal with all of the uncertainty of a new player in a new system?

Unfortunately, I don't think it's even that simple. It's obvious that Denver is not just going to give up their own first, second and third round picks and their new CB aquisition without something else thrown in the mix. Springs doesn't appear to do it for them, so it appears that they will only go for a trade where they make out like a bandit because that is all that they will accept when dealing with the Skins.

There is a new Skins FO style this year. We're batting 100 so far and I don't want anyone to fold in the face of a new CB when we have a decent one already. It seems that if we were going to get our magic deal where Denver gives one, two and three and Bly for our one and something else, it would have happened already.

So, the answer is: Just say no.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 10:32 AM | Report abuse

nate... now you can have headlines like:
Mutilator mars Manning
Mutilator manhadles McNabb
Mutilator ruins Romo
and so on...

Posted by: connskins | March 8, 2007 10:35 AM | Report abuse

I would have gone with "The Skinny on the Fatties" as the thread title, but then again, I don't have to interview these 350-pound dudes.

Vote NO on Cap'n Bly!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Bucktown - Loved your take on Hall and his well deserved rating of a 2. However, could you please enlighten everyone on how you would rate Archuleta? The highest paid safety, benched the last third of the season except for special teams, who couldn't cover a tight end...had to receive a rating higher than a 2, right?

Posted by: C.A. | March 8, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Nate, check on the link to Mulitalo and scroll down to pic where he is signing an autograph. His upper arm looks bigger than my waist (which is not insubstantial). There is also a pic from something called Mulitalopalooza. If anything, he would add some additional personality to the team.

I'm torn about Bly. Seems like a guy who could fill a need. On the other hand, Denver should be on the Skins' FO ITA list. I say, just say no to Denver. There are other places to fill a need (perceived or real), including the draft. I say just find a different trading partner for the #6 and wait it out for another year. [Nathan Vasher is FA next year.]

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Actually, connskins, I'd be happy with a headline like 'Mutilator Does His Job for 16 Regular Season Games, 3 Playoff Games.'

If he does any mutilatin' along the way -- an open field steamroll here, a chop block there -- so much the better.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 10:45 AM | Report abuse

How bout we trade Ade Jimoh to the Broncos for Champ Bailey, Bly, their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks in this years draft? We than trade ArchDelux and Lloyd to the Colts for Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Adam Vinateri, and Reggie Wayne? Than we ship Pierson Preleau to the Chargers for Merriman and Tomlinson? Superbowl here we come!!!!!

Posted by: Vinny Cerato | March 8, 2007 10:45 AM | Report abuse

What is ITA?

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Heath Shuler vs. Patrick Ramsey for President in 2020.

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | March 8, 2007 10:27 AM

Funny, isn't there a green party or some other option out there.

It is pointless to argue who is now better. Here's to hoping JC will make any QB argument moot for the next 10 years.

I was yes with Bly before but since it now sounds like Shanahan is posturing to take advantage of our FO once again, I say run like the wind. Springs is due to stay healthy, right?

Posted by: cdubb | March 8, 2007 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Well, spank my behind, Chris Larry....I'm just calling it like I see it.

So, I can't say "Hate" but you can say "F**K" in every post? Whatever is this world coming to?

Posted by: Lisa | March 8, 2007 10:51 AM | Report abuse

connskins, the only problem with your headlines is that Mulitalo is a offensive lineman... not a DT.

So unless he's playing for the Colts, Eagles or Cowf@ckers, and letting DT's through the line at will, I don't think we'll see those headlines.

C.A., thanks, but the rating was how he would rank as a possibility for replacing Dockery as LG, not his rating as a kicker. I think Arch would get a 10 because his wife/girlfriend is hot. I can't see any other reason to bump up his rating...

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 11:00 AM | Report abuse

nyskinsfan, ITA stands for ignore the assclown. It was coined during one of the unpleasant troll attacks over the past few months. The theory is that if we just ignore the troll/clown/unwelcome provocateur, he is more likely to cease and desist than if you engage him on any level.

BTW, your fair burg of NYC has been freakin' cold this week. Absurdly, painfully cold. This morning it was about 20 degrees and felt nice, simply because it was possible to be outside and not feel immediate pain from the wind and cold. Fantastic.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Hey Lisa carry on, I am just responding...

Plus I would argue that "Fing" is more fun than "Hate"

Sorry I think saying JLaC Hates the team he covers is A. a bit harsh and B. shows a gross misunderstanding of media

but hey consider yourself spanked..

Posted by: chris Larry | March 8, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

bucktown--that is why i read mostly, i am not the smartest rock in the world

Posted by: connskins | March 8, 2007 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Look on the bright side you were able to do what JM220 has been stabbing in that dark at for 4 days!

Posted by: chris Larry | March 8, 2007 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Nate, the cold in NYC is so piercing that it makes you feel as if you have no clothes on. I find that's the best way to describe the intricate wind tunnel known as Manhattan.

The funniest thing about the NYC weather extremes is that right now, every New Yorker is dreaming of the summer warmth. In the dead of August, those very same New Yorkers are wishing for our current weather as they swim through the 100% humidity and oppressive heat.

It's a vicious cycle.

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 11:07 AM | Report abuse

connskins, no worries. Notice there are no posters named "RocketScientistWith300IQ" on here...

Heck, IQ measurables realistically only go up to about 150.

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, Chris Larry, you can't spank me!

On another note: has anyone noticed that Dre Bly is only 5'8" or 5'9 and kinda slight?

Posted by: Lisa | March 8, 2007 11:10 AM | Report abuse

"Smoot's deal is actually worth a maximum of $21 million over five years and not $25 million, as previously reported, according to sources. Smoot received $7 million to sign and the deal is essentially worth $11.5 million over three years"

You can't say we overpaid. It looks like a deal to me. This also says he will prob be the #3 CB too....

Posted by: 4th via JLaC | March 8, 2007 11:13 AM | Report abuse

" ... It's a vicious cycle.

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 11:07 AM"

... like Sean Taylor's bike.

etrod, you here yet?

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 11:14 AM | Report abuse

I beg to differ with a previous statement made here

Posted by: RocketScientistWith150IQ | March 8, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Re: vicious cycle, another acceptable response would be "only setting on Sean Taylor's washing machine".

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 11:24 AM | Report abuse

sween, you mean Sean Taylor's ATV, right?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Yo Nate how long you in town? My very bad punk rock band is playing at 8:30 at the Cake Shop on Ludlow street...

Posted by: chris Larry | March 8, 2007 11:27 AM | Report abuse

chris Larry, what's the name of your band?

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 11:29 AM | Report abuse

The Hecklers

F The Hecklers

Posted by: chris Larry | March 8, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

>>> "... It's a vicious cycle."

Pretty much the exact reason why I'm a left-coaster (or Sydneysider) forever.

I adore NYC with all my heart, but the cold in the winter and that...smell...in the summer. Ugh. And as much as I despise Seattle, there really isn't a single better place in the US between June and September.

I hop Denver has all sorts of trade offers that trump ours. We have to stop this madness with the Broncos and Jets.

Posted by: P Diddy | March 8, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

CL LMAO!

Nate they are calling for 50 this weekend and I feel like jumping up and down. Normally I don't like to be out in anything under 60.

Posted by: jm220 | March 8, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Crap! I'm leaving this afternoon. I want to heckle the Hecklers!

Next NYC trip maybe I'll put the call out for a happy hour with you dudes. I'll be here every 6 weeks or so with the jobbie job.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 11:33 AM | Report abuse

The truth is, I enjoy NYC in all except the hottest weather. I just enjoy walking in the city a lot... so I'm cheesed off about not being able to be outside this week for more than a few minutes without getting frostbite.

Vote NO on Bly.

Vote YES on the Hecklers.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 11:36 AM | Report abuse

And Mrs. Nate reports that it's been in the 50s and 60s all week in Portland, mostly sunny. Feh!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 11:37 AM | Report abuse

The cold sucks, the heat sucks, the smell sucks, the trash sucks, NYC rulz, all other cities drool...

I complain therefore I am a new yorker

I am a Heckler therefore I suck...

Posted by: chris Larry | March 8, 2007 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Nate you got to set something up next time you are in town. I not that far from Manhattan.

Posted by: jm220 | March 8, 2007 11:41 AM | Report abuse

This might be interesting for Kabeer Gbaja-*@^%$, (who lost his starter spot) and a second rounder (assuming someone like Kenny Irons would be available in that part o the second round).

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

jm220, you are definitely in. Might be handy to have a designated sober guy.

How are plans for the summer New Orleans mission coming along?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 11:49 AM | Report abuse

This place seems to be infested with complete homers

Posted by: | March 8, 2007 09:52 AM

Wow! Einstein, you come up with this brilliant observation all by yourself?

ok, ok, today I will ITA.

Posted by: 4-12 | March 8, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

"Nate you got to set something up next time you are in town."

I concur, jm. I'd be down to grab a drink (or an iced tea if jm prefers) with the NYC area peeps...

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

NYC RI meet up...def...

Maybe around Draft time with JLaC

I am not saying...just saying...

Posted by: chris Larry | March 8, 2007 11:54 AM | Report abuse

I absolutely love NYC - wish I could live there.

Posted by: Lisa | March 8, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

I've always wanted to have a beer or ten and go to the actual NFL draft.

I've never wanted to wait in the line.

Thus, I have never been to the actual draft.

Some day... some day.

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 11:56 AM | Report abuse

I was particularly fond of the caricature of The Mutilator holding a ukulele... I'm figuring it was really a guitar, it just looked like a ukulele in his massive arms. He also kind of looks the like the Pacific Islander version of Flat Top from Dick Tracy.

But I digress...

I feel we are long overdue for some Tom Cruise Couch Leaps... and being that tomorrow is Friday... Jason, tomorrow feels right. Let's do it.

jm your spelling and grammar offend me...

Posted by: Dorf | March 8, 2007 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Lisa, you are invited to the NYC RI get-together too...

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 11:58 AM | Report abuse

My buddies brother was the dude who answered the phone for the skins at the draft table for a long time and even did it for the Texans b/c he knew Casserly. And even he had trouble ever getting us into the building!!!

I have waited outside a few times but its just not worth the grief....although I did get close enough to hear the Eagles fans boo D. McNabb....morons...

Posted by: chris Larry | March 8, 2007 12:00 PM | Report abuse

random thought (are any of my thoughts relevant?)

it seems strange to me to say "an" ukulele... but you would say "an" umbrella or "an" uber-hot girlfriend. Can the grammar police help me out with this... is their a clause for words coming from Hawaii?

Posted by: Dorf | March 8, 2007 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Uh, perhaps it bears mentioning that after the Shabingus in Seattle I am NOT going to try and keep up with any serious drinkers among you.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Even better, let's have the next RI party on Draft Day at J-La's place. That way, we can get our news right from the speakerphone, eliminating the blog middleman. Oh, that, and to make sure there's someone watching over the new kid while J-La dives into the draftabingus with his Phatal Phone of Phury.

How's the wife and kid coming along, by the way, J-La?

Posted by: FlimFlam | March 8, 2007 12:03 PM | Report abuse

On Ramsey: how soon we forget. When Ramsey was starting the OL was as porous as a sieve. And Spurrier didn't know the meaning of Max Protect, but sent everyone out in the pass pattern. Ramsey showed nothing but fortitude as he stood in there taking hit after hit. I'm not so sure given the right situation he wouldn't thrive.

Posted by: Skinfanman | March 8, 2007 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Dorf, your irrelevance is always relevant up here, brother.

"A ukelele..."
"A urinary tract infection..."
"A universal remote..."

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Any word with a long sounding "u" at the beginning sounds a little weird with "an" in front of it.

Uniform, unicorn, ukelele, user... etc.

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 12:06 PM | Report abuse

jm your spelling and grammar offend me...

Posted by: Dorf | March 8, 2007 11:56 AM

Do you really think I care if it does or doesn't?

Posted by: jm220 | March 8, 2007 12:07 PM | Report abuse

An uncomfortable silence

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 12:09 PM | Report abuse

crickets. crickets.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 12:11 PM | Report abuse

jm, your copying and pasting is hackneyed

Your apathy towards my insult is a stench in my nostrils

Posted by: Dorf | March 8, 2007 12:12 PM | Report abuse

I agree, I think Steve Spurrier's scheme ruined Patrick Ramsey. He got beat like a prostitute every series of every game and still hung in there.

I hope it works out for him.

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | March 8, 2007 12:12 PM | Report abuse

I have derailed the RI

smack to the back of my head

Posted by: Dorf | March 8, 2007 12:13 PM | Report abuse

The Ravens and Bills agreed to a trade Thursday that will send running back Willis McGahee to Baltimore in exchange for the team's third and seventh-round picks in this year's draft, along with the Ravens' third-round pick in 2008, league sources tell ESPN.com's Michael Smith.

Posted by: Rob | March 8, 2007 12:14 PM | Report abuse

An uff da!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Dorf, was it you, or Nate's mention of uninary tract infections?

Posted by: cload and daggar | March 8, 2007 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Yikes is this a regulars war?

Posted by: chris Larry | March 8, 2007 12:18 PM | Report abuse

An upsetting sequence of bloggage.

Where's Jason with some fresh news to get us back on track? (Or "back untracked" as the sports teevee guys inexplicably say)

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Yahoo Sports has the Redskins possibly tradeing Springs, Betts, AND a pick to Denver for Bly.

Best laugh I've had all week.

Posted by: mugamack | March 8, 2007 12:20 PM | Report abuse

If the Skins trade Betts and Springs for Bly and a couple of picks, then I will officially become a cowboys fan.

Well not really but I wont be happy

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | March 8, 2007 12:21 PM | Report abuse

So who exactly did the Bills get a 49 million dollar guard to block for? Morons.

Posted by: cdubb | March 8, 2007 12:24 PM | Report abuse

G'town up by 20...22 - 2

I wish I was at home to catch the game...

Posted by: Rob | March 8, 2007 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Do the female bloggers in here suffer from poop-shame?

Posted by: Gene Weingarten | March 8, 2007 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Aaargh... wish I could slip out of this meeting and catch the Hoyas at the Garden. Oh well. They obviously don't need my support in this one :)

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 12:27 PM | Report abuse

I actually live a bit north of the city and it's even colder here. Wind a couple nights ago was brutal.

The English language is a baffling one. I never understood why "an" preceded "historic"...rules are made to be broken or never followed or whatever.

Also, it's funny that my discussion of Lenny P. turned into one about whether Ramsey was actually good or ever could be good. Maybe there were other posts. . It's foolish to talk about what could have been. All I can remember is holding my breath every time he threw the ball...he really did throw SO MANY pics...I was at that horrible Giants game where we had 7 turnovers or something terrible like that. I took a break from Skins/Giants games until last year when I saw one of the worst played games by a Redskin team in the last 10 or so years. Anyone remember when Ramsey got thrown into that New Orleans game and threw like three consecutive pics?

He played pretty terribly here but did show some flashes like the 2nd Giants game in 2005 when he stepped in and helped to romp the G men.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 12:27 PM | Report abuse

26 - 2...Unbelievable...Villanova played them tight one game and beat them the other..G'town's not messing around anymore...

Posted by: Rob | March 8, 2007 12:29 PM | Report abuse

I was at the Giants game when Ramsey had to come in and on the first play he hit Santana deep...it was beautiful

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | March 8, 2007 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Sorry etrod but the reason Adam was put in so many coverages(everyone knows he cant)was because Taylor plays run first when he should play pass first and GG knew this, Adam was more disciplined but was not able to cover anybody.He is the SS taylor the FS but taylor bites on the run(teams look at film and know they can get him to bite)because he wants to be the one to bring the wood every play and his biggest problem is he thinks hit 1st before Int. The hits look great but INTs change games! and I dont think Hell change his ways which makes him a LIABILITY?

Posted by: Sean Taylor is a Liability? | March 8, 2007 12:31 PM | Report abuse

yeah, the 2nd Skins/Giants game of 2005...beautiful. I think he hit him over the middle and Santana ran most of the way, but still a nice pass.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 12:32 PM | Report abuse

"The hits look great but INTs change games! and I dont think Hell change his ways which makes him a LIABILITY?"

I'm Ron Burgandy?

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | March 8, 2007 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor vs. JM220 steel cage death match. discuss

Posted by: kiper stinx | March 8, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Gene Weingarten (if that IS your real name), everyone here suffering is suffering because they choose to.

The only thing I know about 'poop shame' is that it was posted by whoever it was who just suggested Sean Taylor is a liability.

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

sorry jm, just stirring the pot.

Posted by: Dorf | March 8, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Taylor keeps dudes like Owens from going anywhere but out of bounds. That changes games too.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

I wasat last years gmen v skins at meadowlands after a long bachelor party night of drinking and no sleep...it was blazing hot....then we sucked royally...maybe one of the worst FB experiences of my life...

Posted by: chris Larry | March 8, 2007 12:40 PM | Report abuse

But we must teach young Taylor that running out of bounds=no highlight hit

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | March 8, 2007 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Ramsey has (or had) a cannon of an arm. I loved the kid - hope he does well.

Posted by: Lisa | March 8, 2007 12:41 PM | Report abuse

nyskinsfan - yeah I remember that awful game against new orleans. I think that may have been his first start after coming in for an injured Danny Wuerffel to beat the Titans the week before.

2 games stick out in my mind with Ramsey. That Thursday night game against the Jets to open the season. One play he ducked under an unblocked rusher and completed a nice pass (to Coles I believe.) Then the week after they were down 17-0 to Atl and they came back to win on a nice 300 yard passing day.

Posted by: cdubb | March 8, 2007 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Why did I just have a vision of Danny Weurffel attempting a kickoff? Tell me this is something I dreamed and did not witness in a football game.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | March 8, 2007 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor vs. JM220 steel cage death match. discuss

Posted by: kiper stinx | March 8, 2007 12:37 PM

JM220 holds down the steel cage while Reaper beats it to death with kiper's hair.

sorry etrod, I tried.

Posted by: 4-12 | March 8, 2007 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, Ramsey definitely had flashes, but ultimately folded in the face of the blitz... he actually has a lot in common with Kerry Collins during his mediocre to bad days I think.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor put the 'ability' in liability.

According to Tom Friend's Deep cover article, playing run first is by design in man-boobs cover II scheme. He tried to stay in the Cover II even on running downs which, as we found, does not work.

Posted by: etrod | March 8, 2007 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Beating up Ramsey for taking too many hits is like blaming a one-armed man for having a terrible jump shot. You have to have an effective O line and blocking scheme to be successful. 5-wide recievers is not the way to protect a new, unproven quarterback

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | March 8, 2007 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor vs. JM220 steel cage death match. discuss
Posted by: kiper stinx | March 8, 2007 12:37 PM
LMAO!
Dorf I don't want you damn apology! Go to hell! OK, I am just joking and all is good. No need to apologize. F CL lol

Posted by: jm220 | March 8, 2007 12:53 PM | Report abuse

JLC's closing words of advice (forget LaCanfora and bet the field) is on the money AGAIN.

This from the redskins.com site:

Offensive lineman Ross Tucker, a 5-year NFL veteran, visited the Redskins on Thursday. Tucker played with the Redskins in 2001 as an undrafted rookie. He has also had NFL stints with the Dallas Cowboys, Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots and Cleveland Browns.

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Still at it JM220! Give up!

Posted by: Chris Larry | March 8, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we can go with the too damaged already argument, but Ramsey did not fair much better in max protect schemes.

I maintain: Kerry Collins just before and during the Raider years.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Dunno, ST can't be that much of a liability he made the pro bowl and i seem to remember his runback in the Playoffs two years ago and his run back against dallas this year.

I don't think he plays run first but I do think his mental lapses cost us games. To say he's not a game changer is false i think. True about the INT's but I think that's a function of him looking to kill someone rather than at the ball. He like Lavar, seemed to be Johnny on the Spot.

Posted by: Skinz | March 8, 2007 12:56 PM | Report abuse

To clarify, i know those weren't ints they were recovered fumbles...

Posted by: Skinz | March 8, 2007 12:58 PM | Report abuse

But with that kind of abuse it's hard to recover. QB is all about confidence, and he could not have had much left.

I am a Ramsey apologist. There's a twelve step program for it Im sure, but sitting in a circle scares me

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | March 8, 2007 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor made T.O. drop two passes on October 23rd.

The Redskins were playing in Tampa that day...

Posted by: cload and daggar | March 8, 2007 12:59 PM | Report abuse

My jump shot is silky smooth

Go beat a prostitute Wyoming!

Posted by: One-Armed Man | March 8, 2007 12:59 PM | Report abuse

"Sean Taylor made T.O. drop two passes on October 23rd." -cload and dagger

passing clouds makes T.O.drop a ball

Posted by: Cheyenne, Wy | March 8, 2007 1:00 PM | Report abuse

We must also remember that Patrick Ramsey played behind a siv in college at Tulane.
Getting hit did not just start happening in the NFL.

That said, I do think that Spurrier's system set him up for failure and then coach Joe came in and finished the job on his confidence.

Sean Taylor wielding Kiper's hair is a terrifying thought.

Posted by: etrod | March 8, 2007 1:01 PM | Report abuse

One-Armed Man...

Ctrl Alt Delete must be a pain in the A@@ for you huh?

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | March 8, 2007 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Enough Ramsey he was a marginal QB at best. I know Gibbs 2.0 hasnt all been roses & hand jobs but the man is a legend, a QB genius and if he thinks he stinks thats fine with me..

F Ra.....

Ok I will stop there

Posted by: CHris Larry | March 8, 2007 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Ramsey is marginal--Gibbs is godlike

Man Law?

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | March 8, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

F the Egyptian sun god?

Posted by: etrod | March 8, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

McGahee to the Ravens for picks. Its official ... Dockery has no one to block for. btw, still have the manlove for Raven's GM (and former Brown's HoF TE), Ozzie Newsome.

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Touche

Posted by: One-Armed Man | March 8, 2007 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Touche

Posted by: One-Armed Man | March 8, 2007 01:06 PM

I believe Harrison Ford is looking for you.

Posted by: etrod | March 8, 2007 1:08 PM | Report abuse

agreed manlaw..

"F Egyptian God"...that is some funny stuff...glad to provide the set to your spike on that one

I know I began my "F" streak during Ravens playoff "run" but gotta give mad props to Ozzie...that trade today was brilliant....anyone who trashes gibbs for dementia should look at Old Man Levey....wow...and thet are going to bring in Chris Brown? Puleez! Enjoy the money Dock!

Posted by: chris Larry | March 8, 2007 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Prediction: Rueben Droughns next starting RB for Bills...

Posted by: chris Larry | March 8, 2007 1:11 PM | Report abuse

The only way things could have gone worse for Ramsey is if Jack Ruby came off the sideline out of nowhere and shot him in the gut.

It would be funny (not HAHA funny) to see him with the Oswald-like "O" face

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | March 8, 2007 1:11 PM | Report abuse

To change the subject a little:

The Bills are doing some silly things, but can someone tell me what the Texans are thinking? Ahman Green? This, after passing on Reggie Bush?

Do they just hate thier fans?

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Agreed...Ahman Green is DONE!

Stupid move...especially with glut of RB...

Posted by: chris Larry | March 8, 2007 1:15 PM | Report abuse

So now it turns out David Macklin (#3 CB, Arizona, former starter) is scheduled to come here for a visit. Put THAT in your Bly pipe and smoke it, Shanahan.

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Yes, Apparently whoever is making the desicions down in Houston spent a little too much quiet time with Charlie Casserley.

Posted by: etrod | March 8, 2007 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Well, that hyperlink didn't work either. Never mind. Macklin is scheduled to come today.

Posted by: dcsween | March 8, 2007 1:19 PM | Report abuse

So is anyone going to actually sign this David Macklin character? Is he even a real person or did the Denver FO make him up (easy to do if you say he plays defense for AZ) to be a bargaining tool. Wouldn't it be funny if Denver made him up and the Redskins bit and invited him to visit? Then Denver sends us some 11 year old denver fan wearing a blue and orange unitard and he throws eggs at the FO....hahahaha

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

I AM SPARTICUS

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

If you read far enough in to the comment section of the ESPN.com article about the Broncos landing Ramsey you catch a crazy Bronco fan bringing up the great prospects of trading Bly straight up for Sean Taylor. That's the funniest thing i've seen all week

Posted by: Chuck in Syracuse | March 8, 2007 1:28 PM | Report abuse

WaPo needs to hire a gardener...

Gardner, Rod may be available this spring...

Posted by: Dorf | March 8, 2007 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Living so close to Denver Im going to have to keep an eye out for ramsey.

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | March 8, 2007 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Cheyenne, Stay away from him when you're driving and you have the headlights on....he'll freeze up on you and throw the ball to the dog on your passenger side with head hanging out the window.

Posted by: nyskinsfan | March 8, 2007 1:35 PM | Report abuse

You may want to look on the ground for him.

Posted by: etrod | March 8, 2007 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Cheyenne, he'll be the guy dancing around nervously; if he's tossing the car keys to his wife, and you're within ten yards, watch out!

Posted by: cload and daggar | March 8, 2007 1:36 PM | Report abuse

only up by 12 after a 26-2 start

Posted by: Hoya update | March 8, 2007 1:42 PM | Report abuse

NEW POST

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 1:42 PM | Report abuse

new post, and it puts all this nonsense in the proper perspective

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 1:42 PM | Report abuse

They're not saying Smooooooot, They're saying newwwwwwww post!

Posted by: Double Move | March 8, 2007 1:43 PM | Report abuse

We use highlight films of Patrick Ramsey to teach school children how to "duck and cover".

Posted by: FEMA Director | March 8, 2007 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Any chance the skins take Levi Brown of Penn State in the draft - he's versatile, big, effective, and young! We definitely need some youth along the O-line if we are building toward the future.

Posted by: Max | March 8, 2007 2:37 PM | Report abuse

There's no need to fear........Ross Tucker is here. Watch out NFC East.

Posted by: drbatch | March 8, 2007 2:57 PM | Report abuse

To me, Ramsey could be a really good qb. His time here never gave him a chance to develop. (He looked great in his last game relieving Brunnell against the Giants.) BUT he needs time to develop into a system and to feel comfortable - which I don't think anyone will be patient enough for it to happen. Thus, he will always be known as just a mediocre qb. My 2 cents.

Posted by: charlie | March 8, 2007 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Tucker is such a huge signing and we can plug him in at guard? How lucky we are to find him, he must of fell off that tree Jason was talking about? Im sure everyone will agree that we got someone as good as Dock but not for that kind of money? This guy must have flown under the radar?

Posted by: stu | March 8, 2007 3:08 PM | Report abuse

I'd still take Levi Brown in the draft. Immediate impact offensive lineman, with unlimited upside.

Posted by: Max | March 8, 2007 5:57 PM | Report abuse

I'm surprised nobody already brought this up yet. How would you rate Sean Taylor at OL? Out of 66 I think I would have to give him 15,000, yeah that about right. If we put him on the OL the defense would part like the Red Sea did for Moses!

Posted by: gethanr13 | March 8, 2007 7:49 PM | Report abuse

if I'm Redskins front office right now I go after three Guards, mulitalo, first coleman,second and Pillar,third in that order the only reason I say that is because Mulitalo, is the most physical out of those three guards and probably the strongest, the only thing I question about mulitalo, is he nimble enough to be a pulling guard.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 8, 2007 9:40 PM | Report abuse