The View from Detroit

Perhaps the prediction of awful weather at Ford Field is keeping fans away...At any rate, the game isn't a sellout and won't be telecast in Detroit today. The scouting report is a little more spot on than the weather report.
Inactives are upcoming.

By Cindy Boren  |  October 26, 2008; 11:13 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: First Call for Skins-Lions Game Day
Next: Samuels Is a Late Scratch

Comments

I have a confession to make about a previous post.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | October 26, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

The weather conditions in my living room will have an impact on my ability to eat an entire cheese pizza.

Posted by: PDiddy | October 26, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Detroit scares the heck out of me.

They're like a stick of dynomite, getting ready to blow!
~
Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | October 20, 2008 2:16 PM
==========================================
I was not staying medium here. In fact, I was being a complete wise@ss.

The whole bit was just a setup for: "They (Detroit) are getting ready to blow".

There, now that I've got that off my chest...
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | October 26, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

HTTR!

Posted by: lilagram | October 26, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

They've gone from suck to blow!

Posted by: PDiddy | October 26, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Good thing the Skins have a strong ground game to rely on in windy conditions.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 26, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

What will they be watching in Detroit in lieu of the Lions game? Put on some old "Brady Bunch" episodes. They aren't as funny as the Lions, but, hey, Marcia's hot.

Posted by: PDiddy | October 26, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Maske, who is ridiculously good with the predicting thing, sez Skins will struggle a little, but will win 24-14. He, incidentally, is in Pittsburgh for the Stillers' game against the Gints at 4.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 26, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Anyone have any stats on how JC does in windy conditions? He better keep a tight spiral on those throws!

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Isn't "M*A*S*H" the usual rerun?

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 26, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

For those not getting today's Skins game on the tube, this site will be streaming it:

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 26, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Maske on the Stillers-Gints outcome:

I think Giants because of their pass rush and the Steelers' lack of blocking.
But it's a tossup.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 26, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

I believe Campbell will struggle in these conditions because he's so tall that it's even windier up where his arm is.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 26, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

I think Giants because of their pass rush and the Steelers' lack of blocking.
But it's a tossup.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 26, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse
===========================================
Teh Steelers seem to make a lot of plays even when their pass protection has been busted.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | October 26, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Giants/Steelers is going to be an awesome game. Might have to watch Red Zone Channel today instead of the 'Skins snoozer.

Cindy, I'm going for a jog down to Whole Foods to pick up some food for the game. I'll bring you some Wallaby Organics yogurt.

Posted by: PDiddy | October 26, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

beep beep inactives....Samuels out.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 26, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse