GameDay Sunday Morning

There's a golden orb in the eastern sky...but don't let that fool you. Josh Larson of the Capital Weather Gang says it's going to be just like Ravens-Redskins, weather-wise.

In this week's episode of "The Jasons," Reid and La Canfora wanted to present their unique, foolproof plan for fixing the global economy by February (hint: it involves convertible debentures and Kendra Wilkinson), but the director demanded that they discuss Eagles-Skins.

By Cindy Boren  |  December 21, 2008; 9:57 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Moss Fined $10,000
Next: Recast Your Vote

Comments

86 hours without a new thread. Cork posts and BINGO, it's Beep-beep time. You guys are a paranoid's best friend:

REPOSTED, of course

++++I wouldn't want him in charge of Six Flags. Too many innocent kids ride those roller coasters.

Posted by: TheCork | December 20, 2008 8:24 PM

Well sure, Cork, some of them are innocent. But what about the guilty ones?

Posted by: talent_evaluator++++

Send them to Disneyland. Force them to ride "It's a small World."

Chuck E. Cheese and Small World are the two greatest birth control devises available to parents considering another child.

Posted by: TheCork |

Posted by: TheCork | December 21, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

1ST MAYBE

Posted by: Daggarforracialjustice | December 21, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

There was a guy on here acouple of days ago (I was just reading through the last thread) that said John Riggins didn't have breakaway speed. Well, you sir, are wrong. Remeber the Super Bowl? Just because he was big and strong doesn't mean he wasn't fast. Once in the open field he was hard to catch. Oh yeah, and he won the state 100 yard title twice in high school.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 21, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

My first point is that I LOVED the Ravens game last night. A stake right through the heart of the Cowboys. Oh, that's right. They don't have a heart.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | December 21, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

There you are Notorious. What a horrible game last week was. I guess neither one of us felt like doing anything but fight off the Bungles fans.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 21, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

hey bud, real sorry I didn't get back to you...I was working on 2 hrs sleep the night before and after pounding four beers in the parking lot before walking in (they do not know how to tailgate there 0- it was like a ghost town!) and getting behind early, I totally lost my mojo. Hope you didn't incure too much heckling and made it home OK.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 21, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 21, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Us Redskin fans have become a variation of the old Hollywood saying: "It is not enough for you to succeed. Your enemies must also fail."

For us it's "Well we're failing, but at least the Cowboys suck, too."

Posted by: TheCork | December 21, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

and I agree on Riggo - he was a rare blend of size and speed, esp. in his earlier days. People tend to forget that he was, what 32 in our first SB win?? That is ancient for an RB.

The notion you necessarily have to have top end speed to be an elite RB is absurd. Brandon Jacobs is Top 5 IMHO due to his similar combination of size, powerful, agility and speed. Sure his 40 time would be among the lowest 10 of starting RB's in the league but none of them can run over linebackers like he can, nor weigh 265 lbs.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 21, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Maybe it is due to the rookie head coach not calling out his players in public. Maybe it is due to the rookie head coach not trashing his best player. Maybe it is due to the rookie head coach playing to his team strength and not all about his playbook and telling the QB that he has to be perfect. Maybe just maybe that is the reason.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 21, 2008 9:49 AM |

JM,

Do you believe that if the 'Skins had hired Harbaugh as their coach that we'd have the same record that the Ravens do? I don't. I think the 'Skins' problems are a lot deeper and more diverse than Jim Zorn.

For that matter, I think there's a good chance that if Harbaugh were coach he'd have not only called out Portis but benched him and also that silly Narcissus, Moss. I don't think he'd put up with this culture of "me first" that some Redskins are embracing.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | December 21, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | December 21, 2008 10:34 AM |

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | December 21, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Go Skins!! Now go out there and score 10 points!!!!

Posted by: ga8085 | December 21, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | December 21, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

TE, I generally appreciate and respect your posts but I quesiton this one. I was about 100 feet from Moss when he pulled that stunt - SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE BIG DEAL???!!! OK it violated the NFL rule of no props for celebrations but 15 yards and $10K? That seems excessive. People that don't hesitate to call Moss a narcisist and malcontent must have pretty short memories. He's only been our most productive WR for 4 years and always says the right things. He is not a "trouble guy". Give me a break and GET OFF 89'S BACK, all you haters. I'm frustrated just as much if not more than you all, but direct your anger in the right direction - like at the FO and poor coaching (both strategically and motivationally/psychologially) down the stretch. I still believe in the ZMan but he has struggled with the learning cuve of a first yr coach.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 21, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Zorn had his problems this year which is to be expected for a rookie head coach. He needs to take his share of the blame but I am done defending these players after last week. To play like that against the Bengals with a good chance still at the playoffs is inexcusable. We'll see if they have any heart today. I am doubting they will show any. I like our defense too, but we are nowhere near as good as the Ravens. They create pressure and turnovers. We bend and try not to break.

Posted by: JasonLaTempleton | December 21, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

GREAT MORNING R.I.,

Some of you may have seen this, but it's a classic and a lot of what I do each Sunday.

CLEGG

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | December 21, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

For us it's "Well we're failing, but at least the Cowboys suck, too."

Posted by: TheCork | December 21, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

And we can always count on you to be there for us. Beat Philly, and all will be forgiven.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 21, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

He didn't SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE BIG DEAL???!!! OK it violated the NFL rule of no props for celebrations but 15 yards and $10K?+++

I suppose it comes down to a definition of Diva? WR's that signal first down everytime, or spin the ball on the turf after routine(AT Least Routine For Every Other Team) catches, make me sick. The self aggrandizement turns me off, especially in light of a mediocre season. It's the epitome of self over team. Yuck!

Posted by: lsskinsfan | December 21, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Those breakout TD runs to the house by the Ravens were freakin' hysterical, stone bellylaughs!!!!!!!

Posted by: frak | December 21, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

sure lsskins, in a perfect world all RBs would condyuct themselves with the class of Barry Sanders and WRs like Art Monk. But get real, this is the 21st Centuryt. If that's the worst Moss does, I'm OK with it. He doesn't get arrested, he doesn't make outlandish TO-like comments. He produces. I say give him a break.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 21, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Danny Rouhier (in the video and occasionally up here on the blog) is hysterical. Everyone on earth should watch his videos. Twice.

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 21, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

If that's the worst Moss does, I'm OK with it. He doesn't get arrested, +++

That's part of the problem, IMHO. Many excuse the base behaviour as some sort of right of passage of the new millenia? Class is, was and should be expected.

Posted by: lsskinsfan | December 21, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

One more thing Notorious,

Isn't it a sad sign of the times that you mention, ("He doesn't get arrested"), and that's supposed to impress us?

Spare the rod, spoil the child.

Posted by: lsskinsfan | December 21, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

"excuse the base behavior"?? first, I don't excuse "base behavior"...but what is so awful about what he did? I prefer he not do it, don't get me wrong. But good God, let's keep this in perspective.

we agree on one thing- yes, indeed it is a sad sign of the times. But I'm trying to be a realist here. I want better from our players but can accept if the worst he does is polish his friggin shoes, Cotton Mather.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 21, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

I want better from our players but can accept if the worst he does is polish his friggin shoes, Cotton Mather.+++

Now I'm a puritan?

My wife would sure debate that with you! :)

Perhaps base behavior was a bit dramatic, but I'm not impressed with the "look at me" attitude of any of the players of today. Where's the TEAM in that?

Posted by: lsskinsfan | December 21, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG

I think that Moss is the best player on the team. However, there is still no excuse to pull that stunt given that the team was down by at least two touchdowns and hanging by a thin rope. Why did he choose that moment to go do something that stupid? I do not think that it was a coincidence that it was the same week Portis trashes the coach. It is not like Moss has been a scoring machine this season either. At least Moss apologized for his action, which is a lot more than could be said for Portis. When the stars of the team start to lose their class then there is a much deeper problem with the organization. The last point I see in that incident is that once the Redskins fans where near unaminous in their love of the team and saved their negative feelings for the owner. Now there are players on this team that have created rifts among the fans, not for their production, but for their attitude. All the goodwill that the team itself has built up is starting to erode--and that is never a good thing.

Posted by: driley | December 21, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frak | December 21, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Actually, they aren't as bad as humiliating, soul-crushing, time-consuming, game-killing drives.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 21, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

fair enough lsskin...between the base behavior and "spare the rod..." comments, it felt rather 17th century New England-ish... :)

I agree with you and driley - "me first" isn't a good look and rarely a quality exhibited by a winning team. maybe he was trying to lighten the mood. Ocho Cinco threatens to bring reindeer to the stadium and nobody bats an eye; Moss does a 5 second shoe polishing and he's roundly drummed. I don't endorse his actions, but nor do I think they were awful either. And frankly not worth this much press.

Let's move on to the games that matter today. ATL is gonna lose and I really think that SD will win at Tampa. With Curtis and Baskett out, we need to key on Westbrook (I know, easier said than done). On offense Portis has to be effective or we're cooked. If he can get it going, JC should have time to take some (FINALLY!!) deep shots downfield to that felonious malcontent #89 (sorry, couldn't help it). I know it's highly unlikely that Oak and STL beat ATL and TB next week, but I'd rather live another week....let's do this!

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 21, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: driley | December 21, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

I thikn that's a bit overstated and hyperbolic...dude, they're frustrated and have said/done a few stupid things. This is not "the beginning of the end of Skins' fans love for 26/89"....come on man, get a grip. These are frnachise players. They will regroup and press on next year if we somehow don't seize the 2% chance of making the playoffs this year. Might JUST MIGHT help their attitude to get some better coaching, not have their coach throw them under the bus, and to have the FO give them some studs in the trenches. Just a thought.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 21, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

cynical bastards...WP PLEASE GET RID OF THESE GUYS...these are the kind of people that need to be covering the raiders or maybe even women's golf...not our Redskins!

Posted by: kpayn17 | December 21, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Riggo always had unusual speed for a big man. Anybody remember the "Blue Bayou" 75 yard end run against the Boys he had one year? He had unusual speed like Earl Campbell and now Jacobs..

Posted by: frak | December 21, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

perhaps Jason Taylor can become the 3rd "jason" for this broadcast. At least that would free up a roster spot.

Posted by: RedskinJim1 | December 21, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Smoooooot was wearing the same kind of little teeny towel Moss was last week. How exactly is that a prop?

Posted by: Xlnt | December 21, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse