This Week on 'The Jasons' ...

Here is the latest, and perhaps greatest, installment of "The Jasons." (Maybe next week they'll get a wacky neighbor who drops in unannounced.) See it here and on Comcast Sportsnet. Our friends at Comcast will have Alex Ovechkin on their pregame show Sunday at 3, for you Caps fans.

As usual Sunday, we'll be bogo and twittering. For mobile alerts, text REDSKINS to WPOST (97678).

By Cindy Boren  |  October 18, 2008; 8:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: TCCLs
Next: Counting Down to Browns-Skins

Comments

1st i think HI MIMI HI MOM

Posted by: poolman1200000 | October 18, 2008 11:00 PM | Report abuse

bingo?

Posted by: Josh7 | October 18, 2008 11:00 PM | Report abuse

Is this thing working now?

Posted by: Skins930 | October 19, 2008 12:14 AM | Report abuse

No drunken late night posts??!! For shame.

Who's with me on this - if we are a legit contender, we win by 2 scores or more tomorrow. Let's see what we got, boys. Check that, men.

Hail, Hail

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | October 19, 2008 2:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | October 19, 2008 2:21 AM |

I'm not buying it. The offense is still a work in progress. And the defensive backfield is badly banged up. We can lose by two scores and still be a contender.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 19, 2008 6:39 AM | Report abuse

BONG!

Posted by: bigmurf08 | October 19, 2008 8:21 AM | Report abuse

Whether we win or lose by two scores, I can watch it. I'll be taping it because I've got stuff to do, but will see it by the end of the day. Whoohoo. Praise God that Cleveland is close enough to the land without common sense.

Posted by: JesusFreakKaren | October 19, 2008 8:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | October 19, 2008 2:21 AM |

I'm with you. I said in the previous thread that I see a 10-14 point victory. Skins play angry for throwing away a game against the Rams. Browns find out they are not nearly as good as they looked on Monday.

Posted by: p1funk | October 19, 2008 8:38 AM | Report abuse

I'd take a 1 score win if the skins dominate the LOS. I'd like the D-line to shut down J. Lewis, and the skins get about 200 yards on the ground.

Posted by: TWISI | October 19, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Billy McMullen broke his pinky finger on Thursday and was cut from Seattle. This is going to sound not believable, but this is the SEVENTH WR to get hurt in Seattle this year! Wow seven of them. Can you imagine where we might be if only two of ours got hurt? Even if they weren't the top guys. ANyway I know some of you are McMullen fans and would want to know. Good luck to us today. I don't think we win by two scores today unless the defense just comes out like monsters.... which they are capable of of course. But I think in true Redskins fashion it will be close at least at the end. I think we will win on the golden leg of Shawn Suisham again. Maybe not at the end, but from a couple long field goals during the game. But I don't think we cover the spread, and except for last week when the line was over 13 (thank god), I always bet on them to beat the spread. Not this week.

Posted by: dbrine1261 | October 19, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

I still don't get hose TCCL things. Are they good or bad? I think Tom Cruise jumping on a couch is a bad thing but thats is just me maybe. Homany TCCl's are good and what is an insult? Jason Campbell got praise but only 96 TCCL's, the draft got slammed and got 980? Is this a slam on the radio station too? I don't get it at all.

I think I am pretty knowledgable about the game. I played college ball, coached as a student coach during grad school as well as some HS and pony leagues since then, and I try to stay up on everything, but I guess the wit of TCCL's is a little over my head.

Posted by: dbrine1261 | October 19, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Billy McMullen broke his pinky finger on Thursday and was cut from Seattle.

Posted by: dbrine1261 | October 19, 2008 9:15 AM |

Poor Billy McMullen. Even when that guy finally catches a break, he really catches a break. Maybe after he recovers the 'Skins can bring him back.

Who did Seattle sign to replace him? Anthony Mix?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 19, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Seattle replaced McMullen with an LB off their PUP list. They've got five WRs and one of them has a sore heel and may not play this week.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 19, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Last post for the morning. THis is going to be a tough game if Shawn Springs can't go. He played mostly nickel last week and got hurt again in practice this week. This defense pretty much goes as he does because his play dictates how we play the run and pressure the QB. Check out all the bad games for the last two or three years. Almost all of them are when Shawn Springs playing in a questionable or doubtful status, or not in there at all.

I know nobody likes the F word (Free Agent), but there is no time to develop another draft pick. Without the late great #21 to patrol the middle we need a bonafide star at CB to make this defense go. Springs would stay healthy at nickel or cobra, but his full time healthy CB days are over. Age catches us all. I am not sure who might be available, but we have to go get one. One over 6ft tall would be good too.

Posted by: dbrine1261 | October 19, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Maybe we could turn Thomas into a CB. Oh wait you can't push the other guy when you are on defense either can you. Shoot that won't work. HAha j/k

Posted by: dbrine1261 | October 19, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Just watched the clip. Why do these guys open themselves up for ridicule and continue to make people believe theyare haters by picking Clevelenad to be the the Reskins at home as 6.5 point favorites? Would n't be just as easy to say they think the Skins pull out a close one, or any other of 100's of things they could say without a bandwagon endorsement if they don't feel that way? Just makes no sense.

Anyway, off to the game!

HTTR

Posted by: dbrine1261 | October 19, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Wow excuse all those typos. In a hurry to get out the door. Have fun watching the game everyone. HAIL

Posted by: dbrine1261 | October 19, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Yea pfunk, that's whta I'm talkin about! And TWISI, I totally agree - so long as we are the more assertive team, controlling the trenches, the margin of victory is not as big. But I really think we need a statement game. I really think that last week could turn out to be a good thing in the long run.

Heading to FedEx, let's go SkinS!!!

BTW, great article on the Caveman from ESPN's Matt Moseley

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | October 19, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 19, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 19, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

VIA The coment section in that article a great set of video clps of Mike in the CFL days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxf_-g3eT5s

Posted by: alex35332 | October 19, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

I don't agree with the Jasons on this one. It would be one thing if the Browns were playing at home, but they are not and I don't see the Skins losing back to back games at home. Last week we lost on a freak play while leading in all the same stats we lead in the previous wins. Skins continue to run and control the clock while playing tough D and we get the W.

Posted by: myrtle_beach_fan | October 19, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse