TJ Duckett Remembers Sean

My good friend Nick Cotsonika, who covers the Lions for the Detroit Free Press, just emailed me the transcript of the conversation he had with former Redskin running back TJ Duckett about Sean . TJ was here for the 2006 season then left as a free agent in Match.

"He was a private guy," Duckett said of Taylor, "but he was a great guy, man. His work ethic and everything he did on the field and his approach to the game and how he played the game, he was going to be one of the greatest to play the game, I think. It's just sad to see that happen.

I just remember how he prepared for game and his mentality before a game. From Wednesday to Sunday, he took the game as serious as anyone and he lived and breathed it. He was definitely on his way to being great. "

Like everyone else, Duckett was stunned by the news of Sean's shooting.

"I was completely shocked. Disbelief. You got the right Taylor? I got a text message. 'Sorry to hear about Taylor.' This was when he first got shot. And I was like, 'Taylor who? What are you talking about?' I knew nothing about that."

Duckett said he has received lots of text messages about Sean, many even from people he does not that well.

He called Sean was a: "Good guy. Really good guy. Being new, he was definitely one of the guys who welcomed me in there."

Duckett said the incident also brings home the fears that all people face.

"It's a sad situation. If you think it's not going to happen to you, that's when you have to have your eyes open a little bit wider. I think it's definitely a situation where everyone is more on their guard and their antennas are up more."

By Jason La Canfora  |  November 28, 2007; 3:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A Report from Billsland
Next: Clinton Portis and No. 21

Comments

Thanks for keeping these coming!!!

Posted by: skinball77 | November 28, 2007 3:23 PM | Report abuse

As fast as these posts are coming you can hardly notice Jasno's omitted words and misspelled months. :)

Thanks again for staying on top of this. It is really comforting to have such a reliable source for information. Keep it up!

Posted by: Dorf | November 28, 2007 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Sound Familiar? Pete Kendall said pretty much the same thing the other day.

Posted by: Forrest | November 28, 2007 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Jasno is leaving this peanut gallery in the weeds.

Great job!

Posted by: _Stumped_ | November 28, 2007 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Jasno or Cindy;

Do we know if Portis is allowed to change his number? Are there provisions against this, or is or just a team thing?

Posted by: Zebraskins | November 28, 2007 3:35 PM | Report abuse

'Punter Brian Moorman said the news was "incredibly sad...words can't express it." '

This was, of course, the Brian Moorman that Sean Taylor HAMMERED in the Pro-Bowl and caught so much flak about. Goes to show that he wasn't a "thug" to people that encountered him.

Posted by: sxpatr | November 28, 2007 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Hey guys, I've been posting every so often about my horrid experience with StubHub, I got in touch with a guy that owns his own ticket company while looking at tickets from some random company and he says he still has a lot of tickets left for the Bills game, does anyone need this info or do you guys have tickets?

Posted by: tweedr01 | November 28, 2007 3:39 PM | Report abuse