Tony Romo says Cowboys aren't bothered by preseason woes

The Dallas Cowboys' first-team offense struggled during the preseason and the offensive line has been weakened by injuries.

It would appear Dallas's offense is in bad shape for Sunday night's season opener against Washington at FedEx Field, but Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is still confident in the group.

"Well, it'll all be a concern if we don't score any points in the regular season," Romo said. "Our preseason, we don't game plan versus teams and we just try to execute certain plays. We had a couple of guys nicked up.

"We kind of go through this every preseason and that's part of the process. But for us, it's just about going out and playing good this week. Everything before doesn't really matter anymore now."

The Cowboys are not concerned about preseason statistics and production, Romo said. For them, it's all about getting ready for the games that really matter.

"It seems like it's Groundhog Day every preseason" on offense for the Cowboys, Romo said. "Part of that is you're not game planning. Some teams do. We don't game plan versus any of the opponents.

"We run, really, the same stuff week in week out and we just want to execute and get it on tape and see who can play and be on the football team. I think that's our motto going into that."

By Jason Reid  |  September 12, 2010; 11:00 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tony Romo was among those surprised by Donovan McNabb trade
Next: Figuring out the inactive list

Comments

Gameday.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 12, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

No one knows what's we'll see tonight...no one knows who or what we are...punidts are making predicitons based on 10 years of mediocrity of this organization or based on what Shanahan did 15 years ago...

We shall see!

Posted by: rickyroge | September 12, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

rickyroge,
you are so right. this team is so unknown. but, i "feel" like we're already much better than a year ago - and we haven't played a game yet... 8:20, hurry up and get here!

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | September 12, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

The day y'all have dreaded is finally here!

In the Cowboys, the Deadskins/Cadavers play a real team with real players that utilize a real scheme. This means you can no longer hide behind the false bravado of the preseason, talking up your old (Galloway) and your tiny (Banks). Stated differently, your asswhuppin' is upon you! LMAO!!

As stated by a prominent Cowboys fan earlier, tonight we'll take over your stadium and the hearts of your girlfriends/wives. We'll give them back to you after we're finished doing what we have to do, so don't hate! LMAO!!

When I return to Deadskins Insider on Monday, I will take it easy on y'all (if you don't make excuses). After all, you're just a bunch of brainwashed fools who don't know any better. Daddy got to you before you could think for yourself. Gotta cut you some slack for that, I guess.

How in the world did y'all get used to the stench of this DI board? It really would make a skunk cry his heart out! LMAO!!

Peace, Y'all.

Hell...To The...Deadskins!

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 12, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Geez RI...it's gameday and we get back-to-back Romo posts? Are you f-ing kidding me? Post Redskins stuff or post nothing at all...UFB...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 12, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Grow some nads and let's go with 10-6!

Posted by: rickyroge | September 12, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

If Albert doesn't follow Shanahan's lead, trade him for a 3rd (or less) and Lagarrette Blount to the Titans..Or just release him, hell..

PG's Durant is a huge Redskins fan, by the way..PG rolls out some gems occasionally, Kevin Durant, Sugar Ray Leonard. Len Bias, Brian Magid..

Have a banana-clip of 50 beers locked and loaded into the top of my head, AAAH, NFL SUNDAY!!!

GO SKINS!!!

Posted by: frak | September 12, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Grow some nads and let's go with 10-6!

Posted by: rickyroge | September 12, 2010 11:35 AM

Actually, THE wimpiest move is to rip someone for predicting 8-8. If someone does it every year, that's one thing...but with all the changes this year and the tough schedule, I see 8-8.

The good news is that we'll start strong...with a win over Dall-ass!

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 12, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

anyone got any Coronas?

Posted by: rickyroge | September 12, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

One hour and life will be back to normal

Posted by: WRBD | September 12, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Is anyone else watching Gameday Morning on NFL Network? They just did their predictions for the outcome of tonight's game (everyone picked Dallas...shocker), but one thing that Faulk said I thought was weird.

He commented that the offense line for both teams were "injured and bad". Can someone enlighten me as to how the Redskins line is either injured or bad? I know the aren't tops in the league, and if he had said "injured and bad" about last years line I would have agreed. But injured? No, no injuries for the Skins on the o-line (unless you count Brown's hip soreness as "injured). Bad? No, not bad, and certainly better than the Cowboys o-line for tonights game.

Posted by: --swb | September 12, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

OK boys and girls, here we are.

No more sore ankles no more sore knees no more wussing around. Tape it up, strap it on, and let's get after it.

GO SKINS!

Posted by: bones21 | September 12, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

GO SKINS!!!

Posted by: frak | September 12, 2010 11:41 AM

Wow Frak, I'll bet that's one LOOOONG clip. How do you fit through doorways with that thing attached to your nugget? I would think a drum magazine would be more convinient.

8:00 is TOO FAR AWAY!!! HTTR!

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 12, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

swb, I've noticed that while he's well spoken and fairly insightful when he wants to be, Marshall Faulk doesn't have much in the way of facts...he keeps throwing his two cents in on the AH situation and keeps talking about him playing the nose. Nobody's said anything about him playing nose in months and I think it's a foregone conclusion that the only way he'd play that spot in the 3-4 is if Kemo gets hurt. Yet there's Marshall popping off about AH playing the nose.

So don't get all riled up about it...I just snicker at that fool whenever he says something because he doesn't pay close enough attention to the issues on which he's supposed to have an informed opinion.

That said, I don't think our line is "bad"...at least half the teams in the league would kill to have our OTs, it's just the interior that worries me. If Rabach can at least hold his own against Ratliff, we'll have a decided advantage on the O-line for tonight's game. I don't care how talented a team is, if they're down 2 or 3 starters on the O-line they're in for a long day...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 12, 2010 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Grow some nads and let's go with 10-6!

Posted by: rickyroge | September 12, 2010 11:35 AM

So let me get this straight. If I think the Redskins are going to go 8-8 I should say 10-6 just so I can be like you? No thanks.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 12, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Ok, so unfortunately I'm going to open the Haynesworth wound this morning but someone on Comcast said that there is a 50-50 chance that Haynesworth won't dress today. I thought it was said not only would he dress but he would play? Anyone have the inactive list yet?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 12, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

brownwood, good points all around. I've been guilty in the past of letting homerism get in the way of facts, but in this case I don't think Marshall did his research. Sapp also said something about the Cowboys 3 DL against the Skins "injured o-line" and taking that match up all day. whatevs

I think TW may have an early jitter or two against Ware, but all in all he's going to be fine. You're right that it's Ratliff that may pose the biggest problem, especially in the run game.

Can't wait to see all those "experts" who picked the Cowboys proven wrong. suuuuckers

Posted by: --swb | September 12, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

scampbell...no, my brother...I want to get folks on record so they can't jump on the bandwagon (or off) if they are better or worse than 8-8.

Teams go from worst to first all the time and I'm tired of thinking like a loser.

10-6...why NOT us???

Posted by: rickyroge | September 12, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: --swb | September 12, 2010 12:20 PM

Another oversimplified point by the talking heads, saying that TW is going to get creamed by Ware...as if the Skins coaches are going to stick a rookie one-on-one with an elite pass rusher. Zorn ain't here anymore...you give the kid help. Not everyone is Chris Samuels.

Can't wait for tonight...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 12, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

"One of the wimpiest moves is to make a 8-8 predictions! Predicting 8-8 is your way of jumping on the bandwagon if they're better...and ripping the team if they're worse.Grow some nads and let's go with 10-6!
Posted by: rickyroge"

You make it sound less like a prediction and more like a political platform. A prediction should be based on an analysis of knowns with a nod to the unknowns. In this case, the unknowns way outnumber the knowns.

LOL so my recommendation is, grow some nads and admit you have no idea how this team is going to perform during this long season!

Posted by: Samson151 | September 12, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

i think mrirvin88 is actually carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 12, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

I think you give TW SOME help...but dude was the #4 pick in the draft...and is the self-proclaimed "Silverback"...

Last I checked, Silverback Gorillas need no help!

Posted by: rickyroge | September 12, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 12, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

I doon't think inactive list comes out until 2 hours before gametime.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 12, 2010 12:31 PM | Report abuse

10-6...why NOT us???

Posted by: rickyroge | September 12, 2010 12:23 PM |

There has been a wiki page started specifically for recording people's predictions on this years record. I'm not a bandwagon jumper. I've been on the bandwagon since I was born on the tailgate of it. I pick 8-8 because I honestly think that will be their record but sincerely hope it's much better.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 12, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Ricky, I'm seriously not trying to f*ck up your high, but I've maintained that the two things you need to compete at a high level in this league is a top flight HC and a top shelf QB. We now have both. So I think we CAN make the "worst to first" jump, I'm just not prepared to pronounce it as a likelihood.

Gift or curse, I think I diagnose the Redskins based on what they are, not what I want them to be.

Hell, I'm just happy to have HOPE of that kind of jump...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 12, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Samson...since you're a regular here, I'm going to stand down after your sarcastic jab at me...but that's my warning shot.

Posted by: rickyroge | September 12, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Look, this Ware vs Williams thing is a non-issue. Williams won't shut him down, but he will do Ok...baptism by fire huh.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | September 12, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

"One hour and life will be back to normal..."

We have Texans v. Colts (going AFC-style to start things off as that's where the power in the league is) up to bat with Stillers v. Falcons in the hole.

I'm watching the Packers v. Iggles just to enjoy the Green Team stink and sink at the Linc.

And then, at 8:30---IT'S ON AT FEDEX Field!!!!!

FUK DALLAS!

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 12, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

What games are on tv in the DMV today?

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 12, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

When we win, we say, "Fuk Dallas!!!"

When we lose, we say, "Fuk Dallas!!!"

(only louder)

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 12, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Can someone provide the web address for watching the game online? Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Sulphide1 | September 12, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins v. Cowboys game is on NBC, people.

And if you ain't got NBC, well.....

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 12, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Dez Bryant: Impact or invisible?

I'm thinking two catches, 12 yards, no impact.

Posted by: --swb | September 12, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Those 'Bama defenders hit HARD, we should try to get some of them up in here..HOTDAMN, KICKOFF!!!

Posted by: frak | September 12, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Dez Bryant: Impact or invisible?

I'm thinking two catches, 12 yards, no impact.

Posted by: --swb | September 12, 2010 1:01 PM |

I'm thinkin' Dirty 30 goes for an ankle.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 12, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Ok... when I said ... "the game"... I should have said "a game". I want to watch the 1 pm showing of the Colts.

Posted by: Sulphide1 | September 12, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

For all those Haynesworth bashers - and one person in particular - Shanahan said last night on the Mike Shanahan show that Albert is very easy to get along with.

Posted by: Lisa_R | September 12, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

I'm in the best football shape of my life. My personal trainer is fantastic!

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 12, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Countdown to Kick-off. GO 'SKINS. Crush the 'BOYZ.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 12, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Oh and free 'TD' MARKO.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 12, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Yes, that's right. I'm watching Jason Campbell's performance with the Raiders.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Oh please, what Tony Romo says isn't gospel. Even with their OL starters, they still will have a hard time with the Redskins defense. He's in for a rude awakening.

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 12, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Love the RedZone Channel!

...and of course F dallas!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 12, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

I'm in the best football shape of my life. My personal trainer is fantastic!

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 12, 2010 1:14 PM

Prove it. Go kill Romo. :)

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 12, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Inactive list will be out around 7:00. AH will not be on it, Sources say that AH will play on passing downs only.

Too much on...INDY v HOU, NE v CINN, OAK v TENN (jk).....The NFL ticket is a gift from the 8 lb baby Jesus.

As always F Dallas

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

wow, fred taylor stills has something left...

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 12, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Coach said he would increase the bounty on Romo to five double bacon cheeseburgers, supersize fries, AND a milkshake! I'm excited.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 12, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

seems to me the pokes are the ones who are nervous. I spent all day yestertday on their sight. that's right MrIrvin88. I was there as 88s lost pipe and that was me not only rippin into you pokes but i read your post. I know how nervous you scratch ya'll are with that O-line. don't worry we've been restin #92 all week for that. Giants just got scored on and it should be the second one. all off season very few TRUE fans stood here and didn't knock every move that was made. I was one of them I stand here today and say AGAIN we will win today 27-10, we will go 3-2 our first five, and we will go 10-6. come strong or stay home

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

"........the only wide receiver big and fast enough to play split end was young flanker Marko Mitchell.

Apparently, Childress cut Mitchell after the third preseason game this year because he lacked the patience to train him at flanker and he wouldn’t play special teams......."

Someone else who sees a potential viable player (MITCHELL) not given a chance due to lack of versitility. Screw versatility. The guy can play. He will out in this league by some HC who can think.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 12, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Jay Cutler still throwing ints...

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 12, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

@MrIrvin88,
I suppose it's only logical that after hearing 88s lost pipe was on your sight that MrIrvin would come here looking for it.HA!

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Jason Campbell was just sack-fumbled. Titans scored a TD.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 12, 2010 1:29 PM

Only ONE milkshake? Sounds like an unfair deal. Make him ante up.

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 12, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Not to be apologetic, but Campbell was sacked before he even finished his drop.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Jason Campbell was just sack-fumbled. Titans scored a TD.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 1:34 PM

JC looked up thinking he was at FedEx field and it was 2009 again.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 12, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Jason Campbell was just sack-fumbled. Titans scored a TD.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 1:34 PM

Sack-Fumble Yes
TD No

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Jay Cutler still throwing ints...

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 12, 2010 1:30 PM

Am deeply grateful we didn't get him.

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 12, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 12, 2010 1:37 PM

--------------

I have to give credit to the Titans though. It was a brilliantly executed blitz.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Not to be apologetic, but Campbell was sacked before he even finished his drop.

Well, they can't stand around waiting for him forever... I should know, I feel like I've tried.

Posted by: daggar | September 12, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Big game today fellas.

Posted by: Pepper5 | September 12, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

I'd forgotten how much I despise the NJ Giants. Yuk.

Posted by: Pepper5 | September 12, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Giants look crisp, Eli just threw his second pick should be his third. Moore can't take advantage

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

I hope Kolb fails today.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

lol...I started Ahmad Bradshaw and he's only in the positive because of his solo tackle. Giants look like poo poo. And we know how much we like poo poo up here.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 12, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

LOL, Giants. Maybe the Redskins will be the surprise division champs. Everyone in the East has problems.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Tony romo also says that he's not bothered by receiving dirty sanchez's.

Oh and yes the Giants are defintely look like poo-poo. A Poo-Poo Platter, at that.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 12, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

I believe Kolb will be surprisingly average and the birds may win but will be exposed as the cherry kool aid pretenders they really are. Matt Moore is not the answer in Carolina. Tony Pike? Jimmy Clausen?

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

For laughs:

The Raiders have around 15 yards of total offense.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

JC8 3-8 14 YDs, 1 fumble

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

I wonder where all the Jason Campbell supporters are right now?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 12, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

He's not even with the Skins anymore and you guys are still talking about Jason Campbell? UFB.

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

shut up

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 12, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

TWISI-

3rd and 11, ball at the 25, down 24-3...JC8 checks down to who???? Rock Cartright.

Raiders kick a FG and are still behind by 3 scores.

Thats UFB.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Raiders kick a FG and are still behind by 3 scores.

Thats UFB.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 2:37 PM

I don't care. I don't support the Raiders. You're better than this Diesel44.

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

I find it funny.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

You're better than this Diesel44.

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 2:39 PM

Love it. "You're better than this." On RI that's code for "I'm better than you are."

Come on, TWISI. What are you yapping at Diesel 4? You're better than this.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Oakland SUCKS. Why do people think they are a dark horse this year??...

JC... it's rough. Feel sorry for the guy but it's not going to work there either..

Posted by: rachel216 | September 12, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

I wonder where all the Jason Campbell supporters are right now?
We'll show up in a little while... what's the hurry?

Posted by: daggar | September 12, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Why can't we talk about JC/Raiders??? JC used to be our QB.. I know Eagles fans want to see how McNabb does tonight too... no harm.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 12, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

"You're better than this." On RI that's code for "I'm better than you are.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

That might be your code, not surprisingly. What I mean is that I think that Diesel44 posts relevant stuff on this blog. Tracking what a former player does and posting it is really pointless.

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

A year has passed and it's the first Sunday of REAL NFL football!! Glory, Glory!!

I think we will be the sleeper of the NFC east. Giants,Eagles and Cowboys are overrated in my estimation.

I too worry about the interior of our 0-line, it must be addressed in the offseason. I hope Rabach can hold his own against Ratliffe and I hope the pup Williams can hold up against Ware.

At least I know Haslett has the stones to try to take advantage of the girls Oline injuries. Haynesworth will come to play tonight.

Keyshawn Johnson was the only ESPN anylst to pick us to win on this mornings Countdown, he's not as dumb as I thought.

Chris Johnson has 121 yards in the first half, the guy is the beast, same ol same ol with poor Jason Campbell.

8:20pm hurry up, everyone enjoy the game, and Hail To The Redskins, we win in a close one, Redskins:23 Dallas:17.

Posted by: 72Redskins | September 12, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

holy sh**!! 31-3 Pats over Bengals!!

what's happening ochocinco and T.O.?? LOL

Posted by: rachel216 | September 12, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

We'll show up in a little while... what's the hurry?

Posted by: daggar | September 12, 2010 2:47 PM

You don't want to be late. The first 100 JC supporters get to post for FREE for a week on RI. After that, the rest of them have to pay full price.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

carolina 16 n.y. 14 at the half. i know it's only half of game one but the giants are who we thought they were.

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone else find it funny that on the ad at the top of the page Tom Brady is referencing using a "cheat sheet" considering what Bill Bellicheat and his team were up to when they won all those titles?

hahahhahahah

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 12, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: nflorida1

and the score would be worse than that if Carolina could score TDs instead of kicking FGs... and also if Matt Moore wasn't so dumb on that first INT he threw, it could be a blowout already.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 12, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 2:49 PM

Hey, TWISI, who appointed you the Blog Cop that gets to decide what's relevant and what's not?

Personally, I was glad to read what he posted. To me, it was highly relevant. I'm interested to see whether JC can pull out of his tail spin in Oakland. If you're not, fine.

But your little backhand slap "You're better than that" is pure Bush League.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Raiders look pathetic. JC has been sacked around 6 times and has 2 fumbles with one lost.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rachel216 | September 12, 2010 2:48 PM

SAy JC suddenly becomes a top 5 QB, would that change your opinion of him as it related to his play in DC? Doubt it. Will his poor play in Oakland make the point that he's an average at best QB more compelling to those who think that he needs to be with a stable organization, with a good supporting staff, and the stars aligned before he succeeds, Doubt it. Is having a debate over a former player who's time with the Skins had run it course pointless. Why yes it is.

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

But your little backhand slap "You're better than that" is pure Bush League.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 2:55 PM |

Who appointed you to decide what comments are bush league or not?

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Who appointed you to decide what comments are bush league or not?

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 2:58 PM

Jason Reid. You must have missed the post?

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

I appointed myself as the most dominant defensive player in the game today.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 12, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Can't wait for the next game, Packers and Eagles, hope the Packers pluck all the Eagles feathers and clip their wings right out of the gate.

Posted by: 72Redskins | September 12, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

I'm sorry I mentioned JC8..

BTW. Justin Tryon has 3 tackles and 1 assist.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 72Redskins | September 12, 2010 3:06 PM

----------------

Seconded. Opening Sunday is a great day.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Diesel44 can I get an update on Champ Bailey? Thanks

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

someone posted admonishing someone else for monitoring JC's performance in oakland. watching how JC does is not just for idle curiosity: how he does affects what compensation we get in the trade, right?

anyone know the details of how it affects the trade?

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | September 12, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

I'm sorry I mentioned JC8..

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 3:08 PM

It was your best post of the week. What are you apologizing for? You're better than that.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

alot of Eli's passes are high today. obviously he spent the offseason learning how not to wait until the fourth qtr. to start stinkin up the joint.

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Really curious what Cody Glenn is doing. Diesel44, beep-beep can you provide some details?

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

the dream scenario: watch Giants lose, watch Eagles lose next, watch Redskins beat Dallas wake up in first place to start 2010

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Not sure if I am allowed to post this here, but thought it was pretty funny:

Ochocinco, T.O. early halftime exit causes them to miss Hail Mary play

Posted by Mike Florio on September 12, 2010 2:49 PM ET
Late in the first half of the Bengals-Patriots game in Foxborough, the Pats tried a 56-yard field goal on a play that started with six seconds remaining in the second quarter.

The attempt sailed wide with one second on the clock -- giving the Bengals a shot at a touchdown from 54 yards out.

But when Cincy lined up for the last play, two key players already had retreated to the Batcave.
Conflicting reports have emerged regarding the reason(s), but both Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens were in the locker room when the last play occurred.

Even without them present, the Bengals nearly pulled off a touchdown, via a 51-yard pass from Carson Palmer to Jordan Shipley.

Ochocinco has two catches for 23 yards and Owens has five for 30.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 12, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

To those interested, JC just threw a god-awful interception. Was almost returned for a TD.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

TWISI-

Champ Bailey: 2 tackles 1 TFL
Brandon Lloyd: 2 cat 54 yds
Rock Cartright: 1 cat 10 yds
ARE: 1 cat 4 yds, 1 PR 7 yds

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

The dream scenario: watch Giants lose, watch Eagles lose next, watch Redskins beat Dallas wake up in first place to start 2010

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 3:20 PM

Get with the program. What;s going on with the Raiders what's relevant so says beep beep.

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

TWISI-

Champ Bailey: 2 tackles 1 TFL
Brandon Lloyd: 2 cat 54 yds
Rock Cartright: 1 cat 10 yds
ARE: 1 cat 4 yds, 1 PR 7 yds

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 3:21 PM

Lol. Thanks for going the extra step.

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

I am not bothered by preseason woes.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 12, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Who started Hakeem Nicks? This kid!

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 12, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

It's too bad Albert_Haynesworth is not better than that.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 12, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Damnit, Giants are on top.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Who started Hakeem Nicks? This kid!

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 12, 2010 3:29 PM

That's great. Glad I'm not playing you. BTW, what are your thoughts about Jason Campbell?

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

BTW, what are your thoughts about Jason Campbell?

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 3:33 PM

Either TWISI has some sand in her vag or she's turning into Albert_Haynesworth. I used to think she was better than that.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

He's in another new system, TWISI. Give him a few years to settle in and get comfy.

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 12, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 3:36 PM

Just trying to keep this blog on topic.

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

I want all of the credit and none of the blame.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Wow, this proves that stupid player conflicts are not confined to Washington:

Posted by: Samson151 | September 12, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

I just want to say that in exchange for Logan Mankins we could offer an excellent, slightly overweight defensive tackle with just a couple attitude issues...

Posted by: Samson151 | September 12, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Sweet! Coach just gave me a Redskins baseball cap.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 12, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Give him a few years to settle in and get comfy.

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 12, 2010 3:37 PM

That's a few more years of weekly Jason Campbell updates from beep beep and crew. Cab't wait.

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 3:46 PM

with each of Diesel's updates followed by 23 girly whines from TWISI. "Stop saying those things. I don't want to hear them. They're not relevant. Waa-waa-waa."

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

How's Brandon Lloyd doing?

Posted by: SMACK1 | September 12, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Last update about JC8.

4th and 10. He throws the ball short of the sticks for a 7 yd gain.

He is who we thought he was.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

4th and 10 and some qb throws for 7 yards. Any guesses on which qb?

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 12, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Way to ruin my post Diesel. Yeah, I'm blaming you...

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 12, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

why did fox call a pass on 1st and 2nd and goal?

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Uh oh. I have a hangnail.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 12, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Way to ruin my post Diesel. Yeah, I'm blaming you...

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 12, 2010 3:56 PM

Diesel's better than that. So are you, Curzon.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Guess who didn't start Foster or Nicks?

This kid..

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

might as well start Clausen, Moore is doing nothing but nailing his own coffin

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

might as well start Clausen, Moore is doing nothing but nailing his own coffin

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

@Disel44,
well played.

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Time to watch the Packers spank the Phailures. Then THE REDSKINS!!!

BEAT DALLAS!!!

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Typical retort. You got nothing.

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Guess who didn't start Foster or Nicks?

This kid..

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 3:59 PM

Hope you didn't start Matt Moore. Didn't he graduate from UMd?

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

The team doctor said I should play through the pain.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 12, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

NE up 14 with 1:20 left inside Cinncy's 15 and they not only go for it on 4th down, they throw it.

Controversey in Chi-town. CJ with a brilliant catch called incomplete.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

the Giants are going to great lengths to give this game to the Panthers, yet Moore refuses to accept it. I'm callin it : Clausen starts by week 6. this is a shame the giants are sending in Rosenfels

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Guess who didn't start Foster or Nicks?

This kid..

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 3:59 PM

Hope you didn't start Matt Moore. Didn't he graduate from UMd?

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 4:05 PM

Matt Moore is a Beaver from OSU. You may be thinking of Shaun Hill.

I missed some scores from yesterday. Do you know the scores of the GT or Duke game?

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

OH MY GOD THE LIONS WERE ROBBED.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Forgetting my K had -2 FF points from Thursday. Having Arian Foster on both my FF teams will do that. Of course, he was on bench on one of them. Good thing I did start Chris Johnson.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 12, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Typical retort. You got nothing.

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 4:05 PM

You are so right! But I'm gonna copy this one down and use it in the future. It is internet gold! Man, TWISI, I've got nothing but you've got something! I knew you were better than this.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Falcons and Steelers in overtime keeping me from seeing Eagles and Packers.

I feel sorry for JC it's hard to imagine him leaving here and getting in a worse situation than what he left last year. Talk about bad luck and jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Oh well...

Mendenhall wins it in OT for Pittsburgh with a 50 yd run.

Posted by: 72Redskins | September 12, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 12, 2010 11:11 AM

Everybody knows we won't be able to find you or your Cowgirl friends on Monday, Erving. I'm willing to bet your double-wide we won't hear from you until the next Was-Dal game, you frontrunner.

Posted by: Skinz4Lyfe | September 12, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 4:18 PM

The giants will win this game by giving a subpar performance. Sorta like beep beep's performance on trying to insult me in his posts. The giant will be happy with getting away with the win, as will beep beep with yet another Jason Campbell update.

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

When's the last time the Colts lost a home opener?

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

My personal trainer said he could do wonders for Jason Campbell.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 12, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Do you know the scores of the GT or Duke game?

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 4:16 PM

Got 'em right here:

Georgia Tech 41 South Carolina State 10
Duke 41 Elon 27

Did you notice that both of my teams scored 41 points? This bodes well. They're gonna rock next week! They're better than that.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

The Colts weren't at home - they were in Houston.

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 12, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Eagles going with retro jerseys. The very same ones that they wore when they were in the NFC East basement.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Here we are first game of the season, big rivalry game against the girls and all we get from Mr.Reid are topics about Tony Romo, nothing about any of our players, got to be the lamest topics on RI on opening day in quite some time.

Whose active/inactive etc.?

Eagles are in throwback jerseys circa 1970's, I remember then.

Posted by: 72Redskins | September 12, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Got 'em right here:

Georgia Tech 41 South Carolina State 10
Duke 41 Elon 27

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 4:23 PM

Nice try...I was asking about yesterday's scores.

KU 28
GT 25

WF 54
Duke 48

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

beep beep. Catch you around game time, for the Skins not the Raiders. You can give us Jason Campbell's final stats for today at that point. Relate how it is will have bearing on the Skins tonight. If you to discuss Rock as well go for it. Just giving some ideas to make your posts better than they have been.

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Brandon Lloyd- 4 catches for 106 yards. Unbelievable.

Posted by: will_ga | September 12, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

My agent agrees with 72Redskins. Where are the stories about me?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 12, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Nice try...I was asking about yesterday's scores.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 12, 2010 4:29 PM

Wow. Well, that's a different story, isn't it? Close games, though, weren't they? Must have been fixed by the refs.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | September 12, 2010 4:30 PM

TWISI -- I mean this sincerely: You're better than that.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 12, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Kolb looks bad early: 1/3, 5 yards, almost gave up an INT. This makes me happy.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

The only one who doesn't appear to be any better that that is JC -- who put up another one of his trademark performances -- playing thoroughly inept for most of the game -- only to conclude with a few more garbage yards once everything got out of reach.

Posted by: Vic1 | September 12, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

An Open Letter to Redskins Fans:

It's bad enough your parents raised you in DC, but it was donwright cruel of them poison your minds with the Redskins. At least in Pampa, Texas we raise our younguns right--Cowboys early and Cowboys often!

The Cowboys will do their part tonight to free you from your inherited/taught sickness.

Revised score (Jerry's feeling charitable):

Cowboys 27
Redskins 10

Warmly,
Joe

Posted by: PampaTex | September 12, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Kevin Kolb is who I thought he was

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Kevin Kolb is who I thought he was

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Mr.Reid, we await some new posts, did you pick today to take the day off?

WTF?

Posted by: 72Redskins | September 12, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PampaTex | September 12, 2010 4:39 PM

---------------------

lol. The Girls will have the shortest drive to watch the Super Bowl from the stands this year.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

I like the old Eagles unis.

What's the uniform for the Skins tonight? Are they wearing gold pants, as some have reported?

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | September 12, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

"At least in Pampa, Texas we raise our younguns right--Cowboys early and Cowboys often!Posted by: PampaTex"

Izzat where they make Pampers? Although it sounds like you might be more the Depends type.

Posted by: Samson151 | September 12, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Anyone see the Randy Moss post game meltdown? PFT says he became unhinged but not elaborating yet.

Posted by: will_ga | September 12, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Believe it or not...beep beep

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 12, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Cowboys fans: people who grew up without role models in their lives.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Dear tampex,
raising your chidren umm, youguns to cheat at beauty pagents and marry old oil barrens not what we call good upbringin here in the civilized world. we prefer to use witchcrafts like science and mathmatics along with logic. which is why our kids umm youguns grow up to be your bosses and your kids root for a team claimed the next super bowl champ after one playoff win. well pull the good tv outta mommas room luke cuz tonight sherriff Shanahan's a comin

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

LOL! EAGLES AFTER 1 QUARTER: -3 PASSING YARDS

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | September 12, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

the Lions got absolutely robbed... how long do you have to keep the friggin' ball in your posession in order to be a TD??

this is what happens when you let a bunch of old geezers who never played the game officiate.

Posted by: joek443 | September 12, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Kolb throws first pick, maybe he'll catch Eli's three

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

third and three and rogers throws it short? what qb throws it short on third and short?

Posted by: nflorida1 | September 12, 2010 5:19 PM | Report abuse