Training camp ends, competition continues

And finally, training camp is finished.

The Redskins for the first time worked without shells and pads while ending camp Thursday in a light morning practice at Redskins Park.

"Everybody disappointed that camp is over with?" Coach Mike Shanahan asked jokingly while addressing reporters after practice. "Everybody looks disappointed. I am a little disappointed."

Shanahan was pleased with how players fared in his first Redskins camp.

"I thought we had some great effort and it starts in the offseason conditioning program, which we've talked about," he said. "I think when you have a good offseason, you're hoping that you can limit some injuries.

"And if guys do get injured, they can come back a little bit quicker 'cause they are in good shape. I think that has paid dividends. And, hopefully, we'll be a little bit lucky through the preseason and stay away from some injuries."

Although the Redskins usually practiced twice throughout camp, the afternoon session was a light walk-through. The Redskins never were in full pads and Shanahan rewarded veterans with time off during practice.

"It was a real good camp," outside linebacker Lorenzo Alexander said. "Coach Shanahan understands how tough the game is and he takes care of you. Yeah, we still had to practice hard and he pushes you, but he made sure we got the time we needed."

Said top cornerback DeAngelo Hall: "You just come in, work hard and Coach Shanahan will take care of you."

Players became more comfortable with the offensive and defensive scheme during training camp, and the growth process will continue as the team prepares to host the Baltimore Ravens on Saturday at FedEx Field.

"It's good to have camp done, it's always good to sleep in your own bed, but I'm just really looking forward to this game right now to see where we're at," center Casey Rabach said. "I think we definitely did some good things in camp, and now we'll just have to keep building on that."

In the running back rotation, Larry Johnson is scheduled to start against the Ravens. Clinton Portis, who started the preseason opener against the Buffalo Bills, also will play, Shanahan said.
Portis began camp atop the depth chart and seems to be on track to retain the No. 1 job for the regular-season opener Sept. 12 against the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field. Shanahan, however, said competition continues.

"We're done with one preseason game," Shanahan said. "We've got [three] more left and we're going to get a lot of playing time at a lot of different positions. There's constantly an evaluation process at all positions. I'm not going to stop at one.

"Now, obviously, certain positions, guys are a little bit more ahead than other positions. Guys that have proven themselves and guys that had great years the year before and come into camp in great shape. That's the nature of camp, especially this camp with me, since I haven't been with these guys in the past."

By Jason Reid  |  August 19, 2010; 12:34 PM ET
Categories:  training camp
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Albert Haynesworth misses second straight practice
Next: Mike Furrey placed on injured reserve

Comments

Has anyone told Haynesworth that training camp has ended? Don't want him showing up tomorrow raring to go.

Posted by: joemktg1 | August 19, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Clinton Portis, no mysterious, phantom injuries, and what happened to his whining about playing preseason games? No Snyder name dropping or phone calls threatened. He's not above the team anymore, huh? I wonder why?

Posted by: iubiquity | August 19, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iubiquity

There's a new sheriff in town, and his name is MS-13!

Posted by: iubiquity | August 19, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iubiquity | August 19, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

When Larry Johnson starts taking away his regular season carries, you'll hear CP...

Posted by: oh_boy1 | August 19, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Portis is practicing and still our best back and guys are still CRYING about him. Is this football or cry baby ball cause about 60% of the comments are people bring cry babies and/or know it alls.

Anyway, did anyone else notice that on hayneswotth's first snap h drew a double and created a sack for Perry Riley, and the next play Bills called a timeout, an ' oh s haynesworth's in timeout' I presume.

Locker room guy, NO. Who cares.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

portis has been a paycheck player for the past 2 years... now he has to earn his paycheck!!! let's see some injury take him out for 4 weeks now!!!

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | August 19, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Albert Haynesworth-less is a fukkking disgrace.

I can say this with all honesty and sincerity that if he was run over by a bus tomorrow, I wouldn't give two poops and would immediately inquire as to whether that voids out any additional payments.

Albert Shames-worth sucks royal rhinoceros di*k.

He's a coward and he's lazy - the two worst things an alleged man can be.

I swear to Christ I would say that to his fat face!

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 19, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iubiquity | August 19, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: oh_boy1 | August 19, 2010 1:08 PM

-------------------------------------

OK we got 2 CP haters...can I get a D Hall hater to post some negative sh!t about someone who's been busting it this offseason.

Posted by: TWISI | August 19, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

On behalf of all the young men on the redskins that had personal life issues brought about on this blog (speeding tickets, etc.) I bring you this about the author, J Reid.

seems fair right?

Posted by: MajorFacemask | August 19, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

FYI. MK participated in 6% of the two a day practices. AH 28%.

Posted by: TWISI | August 19, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Locker room guy, NO. Who cares.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 1:09 PM
------------------------------------------
I don't think he's proven he's the best back and I agree with Iubiquity that Portis' famous bone spurs do seem to have vanished. Portis is number one because that is where he was last year, but did he look all that great in the opener? He hasn't convinced me yet that he should hold onto the starting job.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 19, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

I don't know if it's just me, but there are too many players lauding the time off Shanahan gave them for my tastes. It's training camp, right? We'll see how that works as the season progresses.

Posted by: ArmChairQB | August 19, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 19, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Clinton Portis has not proven he's the best back?

What the f_ck are you smoking, and can I have some?

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Clinton Portis has not proven he's the best back?

What the f_ck are you smoking, and can I have some?

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 1:22 PM

Shanahan hasn't said Portis is the best and Johnson hasn't even played yet. Portis hasn't proven/earned anything with Shanahan. Unless you're ready to crown him King after the game against Buffalo.

Posted by: ArmChairQB | August 19, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

He hasn't convinced me yet that he should hold onto the starting job.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 19, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

The coaches haven't taken away his #1 spot on the depth chart. I think that should be enough to convince you.

6 carriers isn't enough to judge one way or the other.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | August 19, 2010 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ArmChairQB

You gotta have balance. If Shanahan is truly this disciplinarian like many of you seem to believe, then there has to be some give and take. You can't be some blowhard feet stomping coach 24/7. You lose your players in a hurry that way. If you're going to be a dick for four days, then on the fifth day let your guys go bowling or whatever.

It was a facet of leadership that was popular in my former line of work.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

majorfacemask

"Milton Bradley"

Bro', Milton Bradley is a major, major, major, major, major jerk.

He is his own troll.

The can play baseball and himself right off most teams' rosters with his azzed up attitude.

Mistamayor may have his faults.

But because Milton Bradley gives himself and toys a bad name, I'll not criticize J Reid.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

not concerned about shanny giving "time off". hard work deserves rewards, rewards encourage hard work and 'round and 'round it goes. also, i'm very encouraged by what i'm NOT hearing from portis.

oh, regular season, hurry up and get here!

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | August 19, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ArmChairQB | August 19, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

I think I will crown him king. He's about to own the Redskins rushing record, and he's carried this team for years.

Yeah, I think he's the best back on this team.

I mean Donovan McNabb only completed 5 passes last weekend, so he's probably not the best QB on this team either.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

I can't stand fat Al, but maybe he really was sick. Im not sure what he stands to gain by missing the last couple practices of camp anyway.

One thing is for certain, if big Al shows any fatigue from poor conditioning this season the media will eat him alive by digging-up all his previous screw-ups and condemning him as an overpaid slob.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | August 19, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

"I don't know if it's just me, but there are too many players lauding the time off Shanahan gave them for my tastes. It's training camp, right?"

Perhaps you didn't get why they have a conditioning test.

If a guy completes it, it means he's in pretty good shape.

The team practiced in a format where game situations were emphasized which is why things looked so orderly the other night.

And you don't need to go 'all-out' and hit so much that your 'older team' is too banged up to make it past the bye.

The General G. S. Patton 'drive'em into the ground' style of coaching has given way to commonsense, rest/recovery, and the need for extensive preparation.

We wanna win in December.

Not July-August.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

love to see carries split between CP/LJ....less carries from CP, is a good thing....if he's up around 300 carries at the end of the season, thats not good...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 19, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

It was a facet of leadership that was popular in my former line of work.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Professional player hater?

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ArmChairQB | August 19, 2010 1:20 PM

Time off is another way for Shanahan to show that he's in control. Control doesn't just mean punishing guys, but also rewarding them. That will be the day when an ArmChairQB knows more about how to motivate and train a team than Mike Shanahan.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I think he's the best back on this team.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 1:43 PM

Fair enough. Then again, Grossman's resume isn't nearly as good as McNabb's. On the onther hand, Johnson outgained Portis in rushing yards last year and Johnson's best rushing year dwarfs Portis' best rushing year.

Posted by: ArmChairQB | August 19, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

It was a facet of leadership that was popular in my former line of work.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Professional player hater?

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 1:49 PM
-----------------------------------------
Sounds like regular Army to me.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 19, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 19, 2010 1:48 PM

If he's around 300 carries I'll be amazed!! Would like to see roughly a 65/35 split between those two as a primary back.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | August 19, 2010 1:47 PM |

Not sure where YOU'VE been for the last SEVERAL YEARS. For all the hype surrounding him he has only made like 2 pro-bowls and was constantly injured! The only real beast of a season he had was.....are you ready for this.....A CONTRACT YEAR.

Shocker.

This guy is a fukkking fraud. He is NOT that good - even when he IS playing. He's a slug and a freaking thief. He's the kind of dude that's gonna end up getting his - and I mean from the business end of someones gun. He rips off so many people, maybe Danny will hire Tom Cruise to go all "Collateral" on his azz.

You don't have to be a body language expert either to see that Fat Albert doesn't want to play football for a living - he only wants to make the caishe.

WHAT

A

FUKKKING

DOOSH

BAG!

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 19, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

It was a facet of leadership that was popular in my former line of work.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Professional player hater?

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 1:49 PM
-----------------------------------------
Sounds like regular Army to me.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 19, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

'twas a joke. I kid, I kid

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 1:51 PM

Lol! What do any of us armchair quarterbacks know? The proof will be in the pudding. If the team is well-conditioned and ready for the season opener, no worries.

Posted by: ArmChairQB | August 19, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

In other news:

Girdles for men? Beer-bellied guys are taking a cue from the ladies.

What's this now?

I've spent 46 years growing my beer belly, and now they have something that smothers it like a girdle.

A belly bra for Fat Dad?

I'll never wear it.

Real dads know that a big gut is what gives proper force and propulsion to the after dinner fart.

Whenever we bu7y stuff, mrsmoe rubs the Buddha Belly for luck knowing our credit sucks.

My kids say, "Dad, we can spot you in a crowd at the mall as you're the only black man that looks like a confused chubby bear in the place."

"And one other thing: you damn sure aren't as fine as the brutha who does the Old Spice ads on youtube."

But I bet that unlike me, he can't live off his own body fat in the heart of winter.

'Cuz I can.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | August 19, 2010 1:47 PM |

Ahhh, he's already an overpaid slob.

How many different ways can you call someone a loser.

MKelly = gone
AH = trade

MrIrvin88 = vibrator king
10peterbilt = MrIrvin88's lover
BigBlueStar = the 2 above for a ménage à trois

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 19, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Clinton Portis has not proven he's the best back?

What the f_ck are you smoking, and can I have some?

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 1:22 PM
------------------------------------------
Did he prove it when he missed eight games last year? This is a "what have you done for me lately" league, and what has CP done for us lately?

As for what I am smoking it's an SJ-9 and I am washing it down with Burgundy and Gold kool-aid.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 19, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

It was a facet of leadership that was popular in my former line of work.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Professional player hater?

Posted by: iH8dallas

Male Senior Lady Escort/Exotic Male Stripper

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ArmChairQB | August 19, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Larry Johnson did play 6 more games last yr. So I would hope he outgained CP.

LJ doesn't have near the resume CP has.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | August 19, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

That's what's wrong with the world today: The blog cops.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 7:05 AM |
============

Pot, meet kettle.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

seems fair right?

Posted by: MajorFacemask | August 19, 2010 1:15 PM |

If you were trying to make Reid look bad by posting that...you failed miserably. Bradley isn't exactly a paragon of stability and fairness. He's a reporter. Speeding tickets and the like are a matter of public record. Grow up.

Posted by: MColeman51 | August 19, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

CPo probably took a few years off of his productive life with that concussion last year & you guys still want to kvetch...

whateves.

btw - throwing out the Zoron debacle, we traditionally won when CPo had more carries.

I think you really ahve to throw out everything from the last two seasons and start your analysis from scratch.

Did they announce the RB corps for this weekend?

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Portis looked very good last week, it's not all rushing yards, there's blocking of course and drawing attention on the playactions.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Sounds about right. Hope LJ can get himself back to 05/06 form. I think he'll be motivated with how stuff ended in KC last yr.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | August 19, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 1:59 PM

Besides...you can't drive a railroad spike with a tack hammer, right?

Posted by: MColeman51 | August 19, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Besides...you can't drive a railroad spike with a tack hammer, right?

Posted by: MColeman51 | August 19, 2010 2:17 PM

I can

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Male Senior Lady Escort/Exotic Male Stripper

Posted by: RedDMV

/Steve Urkel impersonator/Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton) look-a-like

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | August 19, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Larry Johnson did play 6 more games last yr. So I would hope he outgained CP.

LJ doesn't have near the resume CP has.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | August 19, 2010 2:05 PM

Johnson - career 4.4 yds/carry, 1421 carries, 55 TDs

Portis - career 4.5 yds/carry, 2176 carries, 73 TDs

Johnson gets a rushing TD about once/26 carries.

Portis gets a rushing TD about once/30 carries.

Portis is younger and has more yards but has way more hits on his body. Some football "experts" think carries are more relevant to a player hitting the wall than age to a certain degree.

Pick your poison.

Posted by: ArmChairQB | August 19, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 2:09 PM
------------------------------------------
Portis has always been a good blocker and I'll give him credit for that. He's a better blocker than LJ. On his runs, I wasn't so impressed. He seemed to lose his footing more than you would expect (and more than the backs that followed him) and he didn't really hit the hole with conviction. I am not starting a "down with CP" debate here. It's early and we have not seen Johnson or Parker in comparison. I am just saying that based on what I have seen so far, I wouldn't say he's a lock on holding on to his starting job.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 19, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

I can drive a hat pin with a crab mallet.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 2:23 PM

There, fixed it for ya.

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 1:59 PM
------------

That, or you could try eating around 10-12 boiled egg whites a day. Now those farts will blow the roof off the house.

Speaking of which....

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of which....

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 2:33 PM

Wow. This stuff is just a real gas! How do you think this up, Poopy? The blog just comes to life in such a special way when you're posting up here. Just keep doing what you're doing! I love your signature line about "I just pooped. Mommy come wipe me." That is always so funny!!!!

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Besides...you can't drive a railroad spike with a tack hammer, right?

Posted by: MColeman51 | August 19, 2010 2:17 PM

I can

Posted by: PlayAction

Reminds me of the old joke....

Woman walks to the counter to pay for her shopping at the local drug store. When she gets to the counter, she tells the cashier she forgot to get Tampex. So, much to the woman's embarrassment, the cashier puts it over the stores speaker system:

We need a box of Tampex to register 3.

The stock boy, hearing it incorrectly, thinks the request was for a box of thumbtacks. So he yells back:

"Do you want the kind you push in with you finger or the kind you bang in with a hammer?"

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 19, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Why are we waisting time debating Portis v Johnson. I hope the both rock it this year.

And Moe:

We wanna win in December.

Not July-August.

Co-sign.

Patton was in a real life and death war with drafted soldiers who were obligated to serve. Shanny is coaching a game with millionaire athletes who have agents, contracts and Ferrari's. You can only push so hard with the later...

Posted by: edvar | August 19, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ArmChairQB | August 19, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Seasons over 1000 yds rushing.

LJ 2
CP 6

My main point was don't be so quick to write off CP as a starter. He's been better than LJ the last 3 yrs and if healthy I don't see why that trend won't continue.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | August 19, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 1:59 PM
------------

Speaking of which....

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 2:33 PM |

Dude, I took such a massive this afternoon.....

I named it Albert.

I think it waved to me just before it went down.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 19, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

To all haters:

Oldest O-lines in the league:

1.) Giants, Average age of 30.4, Starters Diehl-29, Seubert-31, O'Hara-33, Snee-28, McKenzie-31

2.) Cowboys, Average age of 30.2, Starters Free-26, Kosier-31, Gurode-31, Davis-32, Colombo-31

* And not only do the cowboys have an old line, but two of their starters Marc Colombo and Kyle Kosier could be out week 1 one against the skins. On top of that, they don't know if doug free can play because he was beaten to a pulp by jared allen in that playoff game. These teams should have learn last year by watching the skins that an old line that can get injured easily with questionable depth leads to disaster.

Posted by: nfcBEaST | August 19, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 19, 2010 2:39 PM

LOL...now can you tell me where I can pick up a hat pin so I can see if wireman was right or not?

(btw...good one poopy)

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

I named it Albert.

I think it waved to me just before it went down.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 19, 2010 2:41 PM

You can only call it Albert if it took $21 million down the drain with it.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Seasons over 1000 yds rushing.

LJ 2
CP 6

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | August 19, 2010 2:40 PM |

The only thing you prove here is, CP has more wear and tear.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Hope you enjoy it when it happens pal.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Hope you enjoy it when it happens pal.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 2:44 PM

Me, too, but until that day I'll just continue to enjoy these special posts of yours. Nobody does it better, not even mistamoe.

Okay, moe does it better. Now that I think about it, so does everyone else. But keep it up. You're a breath of fresh air.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

How soon we forget that LJ was just another Haynesworth.

LJ had one monster year, got paid and then took a sh*t. He's got talent and far fewer miles than Mr. Straight Pockets but I am not sold on his blocking.

CP is arguably one of the best blocking running backs in the NFL, even right now.

I hope Fast Willie is renting.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 19, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Think I notice is that open practices or no, we know less about what went on in camp than we did last season.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 19, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

You're a breath of fresh air.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 2:48 PM |

You're a breath of stinky air.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

He's a coward and he's lazy - the two worst things an alleged man can be.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 19, 2010 1:13 PM

You would rather someone be lazy than an insane asylum escapee that lights a roving gang of 75 infants on fire?

Posted by: Keiser | August 19, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

The only thing you prove here is, CP has more wear and tear.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

I was using that to compare their careers, not guess who was going to have the better season.

Wear and Tear is all relative anyways. One guy could be built to handle 3000 carrier carries while another might only be able to handle 1000.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | August 19, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | August 19, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 2:48 PM |

I'm pretty sure that fresh air is the last thing that he is.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

"Oh beep-beep, special blog policeman, one day (hopefully soon) you'll go into one of your bathrooms and notice the toilet keeps filling up with a brownish, smelly water.
You'll wonder why and than you'll realize that you got your comeuppance and someone left an upper-decker in your toilet." Posted by: Poopy_McPoop

I'm not much for censorship but RI does state that "User... comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be removed from the site."

The above doesn't qualify?

Posted by: Samson151 | August 19, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Editor: Hey listen, I just had a thought. We're looking for a new food critic. Someone who doesn't immediately pooh-pooh everything he eats.

Homer: No, it usually takes a few hours.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Didn't realize the Cowboys' o-line was getting so long in the tooth. Hope they have a season like we did last year as a result.

Getting rid of Flozelle seems to have been a good call though. He looked really slow in the Steeler game the other night...and his knees look like they don't want to bend anymore. I don't know anything about Doug Free except what I saw from the game against the Bengals. Moves around well but that's only part of the job. Does anybody know what kind of player he's going to be?

One other thing about the Bovine Cartel and blocking...Tashard Choice is terrible at it. Really makes you appreciate Portis when you see him whiff on guys. What about Barber and Jones? Are they any better?

Posted by: MColeman51 | August 19, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

whateves.

Did they announce the RB corps for this weekend?

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2010 2:08 PM
------------------------------------------
I am. Therefore I kvetch. Seriously though, what does Portis' concussion have to do with winning the starting RB job? Seems everyone has forgotten the CP that was around last season. He faked injury to skip practice. He complained about bone spurs which at the time they said he needed surgery to fix. He seemed to have someone else to blame whenver his performance wasn't up to snuff (Sellers was run over by the bus last year, the o-line the year before). I agree that he has been a model citizen this year, but if you are going to hold CP to that standard, then hold LJ to that standard also, and evaluate them based on their performance in games this preseason, not on what has gone before...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 19, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

"...Exotic Male Stripper..."

I did this job for ten years.

Thing is, the women I danced for were broke and paid for my dancing in change and bus/subway tokens.

Most were also blind or farsighted and always put the money in the wrong place, which is why for years, I would painfully sh!t pennies, nickles and dimes....

...but always had fare for the bus ride home on the Metro.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8

Good point. The RB that should be starting is the one that proves he still has the most juice left in his legs. Shanny, much to the chagrin of FF players, loves to rotate his backs. I am sure there will be plenty of backs sharing the touches.

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 19, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

The plot sickens!

Between Tranny (Tranahan?) canceling practices due to tiny drops of water falling from the sky (THAT'S only been happening for billions of years), Haynesgirth continuing to get headaches (no Excedrin in DC apparently) and other folks missing practice for court appearances, Coach Tranny had no choice BUT to close training camp! Absolutely LMAO!!

You burgundy and gold, dyed-in-the-wool chumps still think you have a chance against the Cowboys? I'll be the first to admit that we're having a few injuries here and there due to forces beyond our control, but we will still get the job done on September 12 with nary a complaint about injuries. Since the Deadskins are so out of shape (due to 'Club Shanahan' as the players apparently refer to it), I have no doubt that the Cadavers will suffer a bunch of non-contact injuries between now and the season opener. No excuses after you receive your beatdown courtesy of the Cowboys, agreed?

Hey! There was another coach who put up big numbers in the preseason and the players LOVED his training camp. 'Memba his name...? STEVE SPURRIER! ROTFL!!!!!

Gotta get out of here before I bust a gut!! Y'all are hilarious!

Hell...To The...Deadskins

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | August 19, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

The only thing you prove here is, CP has more wear and tear.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

the only thing you proved here is your a hater

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

The above doesn't qualify?

Posted by: Samson151 | August 19, 2010 2:56 PM
====================

B!tch. You know what I want! Hahahahaha! I wanna talk to Samson! Fly me to the moon like that b!tch Alice Kramden! 'Cause it's hard being black and gifted! Sometimes I wanna throw it all down and get lifted!

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | August 19, 2010 2:25 PM

Comic fail.

Wasn't funny when you posted it back then, Ken. Doubt that now that it's been a few days it'll gain any momentum. Probably bests to retire this one.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

RI - scooped again (what's new). Just posted on PFT:

"Mike Furrey says he's out for the year
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 19, 2010 2:41 PM ET"

The article says it's due to his concussions. Best of luck to him....

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 19, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

straight up shame what they ended up doing to Teddy Ballgame....one of the GOAT....call me next time someone hits .400....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 19, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Poop, funniest part in that scene is when he cheap shots the body guards and is throwing the deuces up.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 19, 2010 3:06 PM

Is his head on display anywhere Greg? Poor Ted.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

"Seems everyone has forgotten the CP that was around last season"

are you high, no one forgets anything bad thy CP does.

What people forget is that he's our 2nd leading rusher of all time

fact is if we want to succeed we need all of our players to play well even the ones that people want to be incredibly judgemental about. Ironically it's the good players that take the most heat

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

pa, no, its just frozen somewhere...his son is/was such a jerk...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 19, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

The RB that should be starting should be the best all around back on the team, f "juice in their legs" that's a BS cliche talking point

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Nice not to have so many training camp injuries like we had in the past. Off-season conditioning has been a joke for this team in years past. I bet Moss won't even blow out a hammy this year.

Posted by: lordtwang | August 19, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

"Seems everyone has forgotten the CP that was around last season"

are you high, no one forgets anything bad thy CP does.

What people forget is that he's our 2nd leading rusher of all time

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 3:10 PM
------------------------------------------
How is saying, "Let the best man win" being judgmental? It sounds to me like you are being overly defensive of Portis. Again, he has my respect for being the Redskins all time rusher. What has he done for my Redskins lately? Yes, he has more rushing yards than Larry Johnson. What has he done for my Redskins lately? This is a new season and he has to compete to keep his job. Are you saying that he should just be handed the job without competition?

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 19, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | August 19, 2010 3:00 PM

read my post again. your 0-line is old and has horrible depth. It is very similar to what the skins used to have. They released their tackle jon jansen before last year's debacle just as you guys have gotten rid of Flozell Adams. We replaced with a young guy with question marks named Stephon Heyer just as you guys attempt to replace Flozell with Doug Free a young guy with question marks (who also got owned in that minnesota playoff game). On the opposite side of the questionable tackle the redskins had an injury to their old pro bowl tackle, Chris Samuels. Same with the cowgirls. They now have an injury to their old pro bowl tackle Marc Columbo. And finally the redskins season ended with the injury to their starting guard Randy Thomas and now look... the cowboys have an injury to their starting guard Kyle Kosier.

It's karma. The redskins have seen this story before and now it's the cowgirls turn!

Posted by: nfcBEaST | August 19, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Fat Albert will blow out the toilet though.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: lordtwang | August 19, 2010 3:17 PM

Nice jinx! Knocking on all the wood I can find!!!

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | August 19, 2010 3:00 PM

Training camp has to end at some point right? So it's business as usual from the Redskins standpoint. Let's see you LYAO after the season opener when the Redskins show you that it really was a bad idea to come to this blog. Good Bye.

Posted by: artiesliver | August 19, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

I think the practice has already determined a lot as far as the running backs go. CP is the #1 and LJ is the #2. This was probably determined by their offseason workouts and training camp practices where they found out that CP can block and LJ cannot block.

Posted by: Stu27 | August 19, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2010 3:03 PM

Yet he still takes the bait...c'mon Red, the blog's dead today. Show me some anger!

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | August 19, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Ironically it's the good players that take the most heat

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Because they usually get paid the most. Not to mention run their mouth the most. The "heat" comes with the territory.

Posted by: oh_boy1 | August 19, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | August 19, 2010 3:23 PM
------------------------------------------
I keep telling you all that LJ is bringing his "A" game on Saturday night. You all will be saying Clinton Who? after the game. Book it.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 19, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

The only thing you prove here is, CP has more wear and tear.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

the only thing you proved here is your a hater

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 3:01 PM |

Prove to me that I'm a hater.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Darn it...didn't think anyone was reading their posts any longer...

...that smell is coming back...

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Keiser | August 19, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

I think I'm more concerned about a roving gang of 75 infants.

Posted by: HTTR | August 19, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

I can see the caption as Fat Albert is standing over a downed Doug Free, ignoring his outreached hand...

"Haynesworth does nothing for Free".

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 19, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

No that was me. My apologies.

Silent but violent, indeed.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

bait deez nutz in yo mouf.

there. anger.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

No that was me. My apologies.

Silent but violent, indeed.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 3:30 PM

A little warning might be nice poopy...but apology accepted...for once it is not you that I smell

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | August 19, 2010 3:00 PM |

Don't forget to pack your vibrator and a fresh set of batteries. You're going to need it to pleasure yourself after we send you home with you straps a dirty mess.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

No that was me. My apologies.
Silent but violent, indeed.
Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 19, 2010 3:30 PM

Good one poopy, but I would have gone with:

“That would be me. I’ve been swimming in raw sewage. I LOVE IT!”

Posted by: dlhaze1 | August 19, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Dallas sucks big, sweaty, mis-shapen donkey balls.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 19, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

What is the connection between Crackpipe Irvin and vibrators I keep seeing people making mention of?

Posted by: MColeman51 | August 19, 2010 3:40 PM | Report abuse

I hope you all realize that if you just ignore the cowgirl trolls, they will go away. They are only interested in getting a reaction from us to their idiodic posts.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 19, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

If Furrey is done, this means some other training camp fodder type receiver will be signed.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Dallas sucks big, sweaty, mis-shapen donkey balls.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 19, 2010 3:39 PM |

May I add, big, sweaty, mis-shapen donkey balls that are oddly shaped like a big blue star.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 19, 2010 3:41 PM

Haven't read one in days...may make mention to their smell in the room...but certainly don't respond to or acknowledge their inane thoughts.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin, who has suffered from migraine headaches since being drafted out of Florida last year, collapsed during practice Thursday and was taken away from Minnesota's camp headquarters in an ambulance, according to multiple reports.

Harvin was not present at the start of practice, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. The Tribune also reported that Harvin jogged onto the practice field after meeting with the Vikings' team trainer, then vomited and fell to the ground

Posted by: MColeman51 | August 19, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MColeman51 | August 19, 2010 3:40 PM |

He was arrested at a hotel in Dallas with cocaine and call-girls in the hotel room. Vibrators were also found in the room. Buzzzzzzzz

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 19, 2010 3:41 PM

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 3:46 PM |

And you don't think post like your's don't fuel their fire. C'mon, quit telling people how to comment. Some of us enjoy trashing scum, low life, trolls.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Prove to me that I'm a hater.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

it'd be redundant, you've got it handled

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

A soft camp for a soft team. Doesn't bode well. Sure, no one got injured (and Kelly doesn't count -- he's perma-injured), but does anyone really believe this collection of cast-offs is really a hardened team?

I hope the Ravens punch them in the mouth this weekend so we can see how tough they are. I believe none of this feel-good crap until I see some proof on the field.

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | August 19, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 3:48 PM |

Thanks. I was hoping the story involved Emmitt ending up with chipped teeth.

Posted by: MColeman51 | August 19, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MColeman51 | August 19, 2010 3:47 PM

Wow, doesn't sound good. Hope he's ok and makes a full recovery.

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 19, 2010 3:41 PM

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 3:46 PM |

And you don't think post like yours don't fuel their fire. C'mon, quit telling people how to comment. Some of us enjoy trashing scum, low life, trolls, known as Cowboy fans.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 19, 2010 3:41 PM

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 3:46 PM |

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 3:51 PM

You talking to me Hess...I didn't tell anyone what to do...said what I do...and no...what I post doesn't add fuel to the fire...I don't go back and forth with them.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

CC Sabathia--AL Cy Young

Robinson Cano-- AL MVP

OOOOOoooooppppppsss.......?

Wrong blog!!!

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Ironically it's the good players that take the most heat

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: oh_boy1 | August 19, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

and without them any team would be WORSE, so people should stop crying or pick a new hobby. They aren't eagle scouts, there football players and usually in early to mid 20's

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

"Dude, I took such a massive this afternoon.....

I named it Albert."

Ok, that's funny. :)

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | August 19, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Prove to me that I'm a hater.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

it'd be redundant, you've got it handled

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 3:51 PM |

Still, no evidence ? Troll huh ?

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

I'm going down to the Bristol race saturday night, but I want to listen to the skins game while they go around in circles. Does 106.7 do the preseason radio broadcasts or does the local ESPN radio station?

Posted by: REDneckSKINhead | August 19, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | August 19, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

I Agree, until these guys win regular season games in the second half of the season they're a 4-12 team

see: zorn started 6-2 ended 8-8, mcdaniels started 6-2 ended 8-8

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Assignment for the day. There, their and they're, sound the same, mean different things, see synonym. Go to dictionary and discover difference. Quiz later.

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 3:55 PM |

Even the moron Cowboy fans know you're talking about them indirectly, c'mon dude. And, like I said, some of us like to engage their dumbazz. What's the problem with that ? Unless you have thin skin, I see no problem.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

moe, who is the AL leader in ERA?

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 19, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 4:01 PM

Homework wireman? Really? It's summer break for pete's sake!!

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Bristol, TN is one of the tracks I've gotta get to to see a race...have fun, I've heard there isn't a bad seat in the house....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 19, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 4:01 PM |

You must work for the ferderal government. Now we have folks trying to regulate RI. Jeez

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Prove to me that I'm a hater.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

it'd be redundant, you've got it handled

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 3:51 PM |

Still, no evidence ? Troll huh ?

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Proving one is a "hater" is often difficult.

A "hatee" must come forward with testimony, followed by hard evidence.

Once this is done the accused 'hater' is put in front of a tribunal. This tribunal consists of 'Hate Judges', who closely examine the evidence.

If found guilty, the hater may be sentenced to a maximum of 2 years of shutting up.

In some more progressive states, the hater is sentenced to wear "BoBos" for a duration of 6 months.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Hessone, here mental midget someone posted what portis has done vs what LJ has done, you with me

then, you said all that proves is CP has more wear and tear, still with me.

That isn't all it proves it proves CP has been consistently and significantly better than LJ

there you go, that I had to explain it proves the mental midget part ( just kidding don't get all serious)

hater, I rest my case

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Uhhh...you're the one who is crying because players (CP) take too much heat. I'm just showing the correlation between player's salaries and subsequent media attention ("heat"). Far from crying haus.

Posted by: oh_boy1 | August 19, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 3:55 PM |

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 4:01 PM

Ok Hess...whatever you say...have fun.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Assignment for the day, don't cry about any players

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Beantowngreg

"...who is the AL leader in ERA?"

King Felix Hernandez (2.62) and his paltry 8 wins.

CC might just get to 19-20 wins and take the CY Young home this year.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

then, you said all that proves is CP has more wear and tear, still with me.

hater, I rest my case

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 4:07 PM |

Blah, blah, troll, blah, and blah.

Time to move on !

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 4:06 PM

I'd rather get stoned.

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Beantown, I've read that you liked a little NASCAR. I've never been, but I'll do a recap on monday for ya.

I'm out.
Ravens are garbage!

Posted by: REDneckSKINhead | August 19, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

bean

"...have fun, I've heard there isn't a bad seat in the house...."

I'm about to sell my house to get enough money to buy Miami Heat exhibition game tickets.

Did I tell you I live in the White House?

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Blah, blah, troll, blah, and blah.

Time to move on !

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

you asked for an explanation, I aim to please

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: oh_boy1 | August 19, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

um, no I'm defending the players I root for, and recognizing that some of the best highest paid players are pains in the neck and I accept it and that ain't "crying". Newsflash Riggins not a locker room guy, Dexter manly in trouble whole career, remember

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 19, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

CC Sabathia--AL Cy Young

Robinson Cano-- AL MVP

OOOOOoooooppppppsss.......?

Wrong blog!!!

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Moe, you left out:

NYY - perennial winner of "Best Team Money Can Buy" award

Yes, I'm a hater, and I'm a cursed and bitter O's fan. My only saving grace is my NL team, the Reds, are actually having a good season...so far.

Posted by: HTTR | August 19, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

bait deez nutz in yo mouf.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2010 3:33 PM |

I hear that your have been complaining to MistaMoe that his nutz are too salty. Hey, with it being as hot as it has been and peeps sweating and all, what did you expect?

Posted by: TubularBells | August 19, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

@nfcbeast

You really think we're worried about age and injury on OUR offensive line? Injuries are a part of the game, Mon frere.
The way I see it we've got your whole team just where we want them: overconfident, fat, lazy and hungover.

@diesel_skins_

The cadaverous natives will HATE YOU for not blindly believing the hype. You do indeed have a team with a soft underbelly that is ever-expanding. The 'Club Tranahan'-style training camp will be your undoing.

@hessone

That whole sextoys, 'caine and callgirls thing was waaaaaayyyy overplayed in the press. 'Nuff said.

HTTD, you smelly, dazed lunkheads! Peace.

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | August 19, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

We need a new thread. Does anyone remember what this post was about?

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

One of the main issues in proving a 'hater" case, is the vagueness of the law.

Much like Miller v. California, which attempted to define what is vulgar and offensive, "hate" is hard to define.

Haters come in many forms, new kinds pop up everyday.

There is the classic "player hater", the "mad at the world hater", the " hope for the downfall of someone hater", etc.

Spotting haters is much like the McCarthy era Comunist scare.

Your neighbors could be haters, your kids, your co-workers. You could be a hater, you just don't know it yet.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 19, 2010 4:06 PM |

As opposed to maypops?

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 19, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Ok Hess...whatever you say...have fun.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 19, 2010 4:09 PM |

Having a blast PA, and I hope you are to. Thanks for the forum. I know where you're coming from. I love having it out with those moron Cowboy fans though.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Did I tell you I live in the White House?

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

or you could just start selling to udonis haslem.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | August 19, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Remember the 'Player Hater's Ball' from Chapelle's Show hosted by Ice-T?

Pit Bull, Beautiful, Buck Nasty and of course.....Silky Joooooohn-soooon.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 19, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Then there's the pernicious "sleeper hater".

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 4:01 PM |

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 4:06 PM |

What's worse is that the tard is on this blog instead of putting in an 8 hr day which is what tax payers like you and me are paying him to do with the tax $$$ they pry out of our cold clammy hands.

Posted by: TubularBells | August 19, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

@hessone

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | August 19, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Translated: Please stop citing facts. You don't see me doing that, do you? The truth hurts, please stop.

Posted by: HTTR | August 19, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

HTTR

"NYY - perennial winner of "Best Team Money Can Buy" award"

If you didn't know, all pro sports teams effectively 'buy' their players as none play for free.

Smart teams just 'buy' the right ones.

And the Yanks get criticized for the players they 'buy,' but the Steinbrenner family point out that there have been many years that the team has no made money because it pumps its profits back into the field.

The Yanks' Core Four (Jeter, Rivera, Petitte, Posada) is all home grown with more rings and history than any other group of pro athletes playing on any team today.

Yankee/Dodger/Sawx/Cubs/Phillies luxury cap money being hoarded by alleged 'small market' owners who don't 'buy' any players is what annoys me.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I love having it out with those moron Cowboy fans though.

Posted by: hessone | August 19, 2010 4:20 PM

Then why don't you go on their blogs and let them have it. They seem to get the best of you up here.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep

You were much funnier as talent_evaluator. At least your name was ironic.

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | August 19, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TubularBells | August 19, 2010 4:29 PM

Sorry work in the private sector and have the day off. Glad you guys are putting in an honest 8 hour day.

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

"Remember the 'Player Hater's Ball' from Chapelle's Show hosted by Ice-T?"

Kevin Hart has made me forget all about Chappelle.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Haynesworth missed the first nine days of training camp because he couldn't pass a conditioning test mandated by Shanahan because Haynesworth had missed more than half of the Redskins' offseason workouts. He has been relegated to the second team in almost all workouts, and he played eight snaps in last week's victory over Buffalo.

It's starting to look more and more like Haynie's plan is to coast through 2010 with minimal effort and then light out for a HC and a D scheme that are more to his liking.

Posted by: TubularBells | August 19, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

You were much funnier as talent_evaluator. At least your name was ironic.

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | August 19, 2010 4:39 PM

Thanks for your feedback!! I'll keep it in mind.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Google the offending posters and see if you can track their haunts down. For example, MrIrvin88 seems to have a predilection for rubber band workouts.

And on page 3, someone calls him out for trolling on the Cowboy forums! Perhaps even Cowboy fans can't stand him.

Go give 'em hell

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 19, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

As much as I hate to admit it, you are 100% correct. The Yanks are being run pretty efficiently and effectively. Everyone knows that the O's will never do anything as long as Angelos owns them (Showalter brings a glimmer of hope for next year though). Still, very frustrating.

Don't mind me, I'm just doing what any self-respecting O's fan would do...hatin' on the Yanks.

Posted by: HTTR | August 19, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TubularBells | August 19, 2010 4:42 PM

All the evidence is not in but, to the suspicious among us, it sure looks that way. He's got the franchise by the ballz.

Posted by: ahwyatt | August 19, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

HTTR

"Showalter brings a glimmer of hope for next year though). Still, very frustrating."

The O's have issues 2 bigger than dealing with the Yanks.

---The Nats have a player in SS who'll get folks into the ballpark not named Camden Yards.

--The AL East is so tough to play in that the team with the 3rd best record in all of baseball this year might be an AL East that won't make the playoffs.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 19, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wireman65 | August 19, 2010 4:01 PM

Homonym, not Synonym. Go to dictionary and discover difference. Quiz later.

Posted by: kaasmaster | August 19, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ahwyatt | August 19, 2010 4:46 PM'

And the franchise has him by the ballz. He can't leave until the Redskins let him go.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Just a possibility:
It could be that a Fat Albert trade is imminent. Under direction from his agent, Fat Albert may have developed his "headache" to keep him out of practice in order to prevent any potential injuries. Meanwhile, his agent, Allen, and the other team are working out the specifics of the deal.

Posted by: kaasmaster | August 19, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Homonym, not Synonym. Go to dictionary and discover difference. Quiz later.

Posted by: kaasmaster | August 19, 2010 4:56 PM

Nice work! If you ever need a job as a spelling/grammar police, you should put this on your resume.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 5:12 PM | Report abuse

It could be that a Fat Albert trade is imminent.

Posted by: kaasmaster | August 19, 2010 5:10 PM

This sounds like Christmas in August. "And what will we find under our tree, Santa Kaas?"

Posted by: beep-beep | August 19, 2010 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Good Training Camp.....

Malcom Kelly never showed and Albie had one day of practice. Then sucked up some air. Cut 'n trade.

What happened to "I want a Super Bowl Ring, Be World Champions"

Man?????

Money..... It's a gas!
I got mine jack, keep your hand off my stack
Money.... it's a hit,
Don't give me the "Work Hard BS!"
I'm a five start stud,
Think I'll buy me a football team.
Money.... So they say,
It's what spoiled me today

I'd do what ever I had to if I could get a shot at going to the Super Bowl, let alone play in the NFL

Posted by: mriley0223 | August 19, 2010 9:49 PM | Report abuse