Shanahan: MRI on Trent Williams is negative

Updated: 3:35 p.m.

Washington Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said Monday that an MRI exam of offensive tackle Trent Williams's left knee was negative, and the rookie has not yet been ruled out of Sunday's game at St. Louis.

"That's a good sign," Shanahan said.

Shanahan said Williams will go through rehabilitation over the next two days before his availability for Wednesday's practice - the first true practice session in advance of the Rams game - is determined.

Should Williams not be able to go, Shanahan said fourth-year player Stephon Heyer, who spelled Williams late in Sunday's 30-27 overtime loss to Houston, would play. But Shanahan wouldn't say whether Heyer would play on the left or right side. Heyer has been rotating with right tackle Jammal Brown during the Redskins' first two games.

Shanahan also said he wouldn't know whether free safety Kareem Moore, who has missed the past month with a knee injury, will be ready for the St. Louis game. Moore practiced some last week, but did not dress against the Texans.

Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who was inactive against the Texans because of a sprained ankle suffered last week in practice, also is undergoing rehab. Shanahan said he could not yet determine whether Haynesworth would be ready to practice Wednesday.

"The key is: Can a guy plant, and can he move laterally?" Shanahan said. "And can he do it full-speed? And you don't know that until you actually start practicing."

Shanahan also was asked about comments made earlier in the day by the team's top cornerback, DeAngelo Hall, who said he wanted to be assigned to opponents' best wide receiver regardless of which side of the field the play was headed toward.

Shanahan said: "Well, first of all, I'm not exactly sure how it was said. But just listening to your comments, I want all the players thinking that way. I want Carlos Rogers thinking that way, I want DeAngelo thinking, LaRon Landry, Kareem Moore, all those type of guys, wanting the pressure to cover the top receiver. Same thing inside with London Fletcher. You want guys that believe in themselves and know they can get the job done."

By Barry Svrluga  | September 20, 2010; 3:07 PM ET
Categories:  Trent Williams
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Changes coming to running back depth chart?
Next: Redskins offensive line in flux

Comments

F the HAters...We're still #1...

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 20, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

TW has exceeded expectations. This kid has it all and this is great news.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

MRI on hessone revealed huge areas of d0ucheness.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Three Things --

1. This is good news

2. I think Peabrain is enjoying all of this attention

3. All this soup talk is making me hungry

Posted by: PlayAction | September 20, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

MRI on hessone revealed huge areas of d0ucheness.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 3:14 PM

cosign

Posted by: PlayAction | September 20, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Bruce Gradkowski = Oakland's Todd Collins?

Posted by: JohnnyRyde | September 20, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan presser:

Coachspeak...more coachspeak...lips moving...words coming out, saying nothing.....coachspeak...yada yada...more talking saying nothing...On blocked field goal: "We had somebody who didn't use proper technique" [ed. note: "somebody" is coachspeak for Fred Davis. In case certain people continue to believe he did his job on that play]...End presser.

Posted by: 4-12 | September 20, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Who is this Rico retard and when did he start posting here?

Thank you Rachel for explaining the concept of sarcasm Mr. Suave.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 20, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

TW has exceeded expectations. This kid has it all and this is great news.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

I really hope we dont try and rush this kid back. He is playing great while still learning and adjusting to the league. TW can be a real cornerstone for this franchise going forward. Even if it means going with turnstile Heyer in the mean time TWs health takes priority.

Posted by: Stu27 | September 20, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 1:46 PM |

It's got everything to do with you and your comments dude. I think the majority of posters are sick of your schtick. While you may get a kick out of yourself, the rest of us are sick of your ass.

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 1:58 PM

hessone - speak for yourself. At least he has fun on the board. I guess you like hot carls better than D-Mac.

The team is much better with McNabb than JC, no doubt. Expect significant improvement, but still keep my prediction at 7-9 until a few more games are played. They found a way to lose one which they seemed to have in the bag. The only time they have played as well in recent seasons was the Saints game last year (also a loss). Still the loss...the mistakes...

Regards (to everyone but hessone) -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | September 20, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Rico: he was clearly being sarcastic! I guess it doesn't translate well...

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 3:18 PM

Rico: Half of the posts on here are sarcastic, half of the posts are dead wrong, and the other 25% are about poop.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 20, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Old soup did have DHall, and old soup was still terrible.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop

not week 1, not week 2

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Hugh_G_Rection

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Bruce Gradkowski = Oakland's Todd Collins?

Posted by: JohnnyRyde | September 20, 2010 3:18 PM

Actually..............

JC17 = PAtrick Ramsey
Gradkowski = Mark Brunell

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 20, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

did shanny mention why no offensive touch's for DT again this week?

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 20, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

if you give us a TD and miss a FG we win.

houston missed a FG but forgot to give us a TD

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Anyone else notice that hessone and peabrain both have lower case first letters in their handles?

Posted by: PlayAction | September 20, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

did shanny mention why no offensive touch's for DT again this week?

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 20, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Because McNabb threw for 400+ without DT. Don't need a liability on the field unless it's absolutely necessary.

Posted by: oh_boy1 | September 20, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Great news..I almost torched the set when the ref cheated on the inbounds call and Trent went down from the Mario bullrush (just what were those Texans on in the second half, eh??)..

More scared of Vick watching the game on RedZone than Kolb ( great way to watch non-Redskins action, whipping around the NFL with our own Scott Hansen, no less)..Jahvid "What's my name?" Best looks dynamite, but can the skull make it through??

Posted by: frak | September 20, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Hopefully most ppl here just ignore what ever you post. I do!

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 20, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Stu27-

Definitely encouraging news and I wouldn't play him until he's close to 100%

They have options tho..

Move Brown to LT and play Heyer at RT

Move Brown to LT and Hicks to RT and Lichtensteiger to RG.

I'm for the latter, Heyer shouldn't see the field.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Very glad TW is okay. Hate to see these guys get hurt. I thought the game was good improvement over week 1. The offense looked pretty good, with of course the running game still weak. Was very glad to see Sellers catch the ball. Was it the gloves? Week 1 he dropped two easy ones, and yesterday was grabbing everything. The gloves appeared different. The defense is still trying to figure it out. It is very fun to watch, all the blitzing and stunting up front, but leaves us open to throws down field, and we still can't seem to stop the run. Much like the Dallas game, just Houston did not kill itself with penalties like Dallas did. I see improvement, and clearly a whole lot better than last year. Really interested in the Rams game. Still believe we could pull off a wild card. These guys are playing hard and really giving it all. Go Skins!

Posted by: skins50 | September 20, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Thank you Rachel for explaining the concept of sarcasm Mr. Suave.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 20, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

No prob, that's because I know you are one of the logical posters on here. Rico must be new.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

More Fred Davis! (Except on the field goal unit)

He is important in the passing game.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 20, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

More Fred Davis! (Except on the field goal unit)

He is important in the passing game.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 20, 2010 3:35 PM

Are you being sarcastic? I'm so confused! haha

Posted by: PlayAction | September 20, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

agreed on more fd...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 20, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

We [the Redskins] now have a functional front office and a first class coaching staff. What we lack is superior talent. That will take a few years to acquire. Although I hate to say this, we must continue to be patient.

Posted by: aafrrf | September 20, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: aafrrf | September 20, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

RE: Icing rule.

The problem I have with the rule is the timing. The coach tells the ref that he's going to call a TO right before the kick but doesn't have to physically call it.

TO's in those situations should be clearly called by a player on the field, doesn't the sideline ref have other responsibilities other than hanging out beside the coach? And why does a K have to kick TWO 52 YD FGs to win a game?

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Thank God TW is gonna be OK. Watching his reaction on the field made me think he was done for the year. Happy about where we're at right now record wise but the rushing "O" needs to get going. Don't know if it's the "O" line not executing or not but Shanny will figure it out. If I was asked B4 the season started if I'd be happy at 1-1 after playing Dallas and Houston I'd a said "Yes". Even happier if our "W" came against Dallas. So I'm encouraged. But anything less than a double digit win against the Rams would be disappointing. Even with TW out.

Posted by: vegasskinsfan | September 20, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

I suspect there are a lot of folks in dallas having the conversation ... if we had Matt Schaub, we'd be 2-0 instead of 0-2.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 20, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Meanwhile, MRI results are in for Haynesworth's ankle and cranium.

Regarding the ankle, the "good news" is there is no apparent damage -- just some soreness to his soft tissue -- largely dues to an apparent lack of exercise and conditioning.

Concerning the cranium, doctors are saying that the Dude is a medical marvel -- in that he is fully paid and completely without shame -- despite an apparent lack of motivation or willingness to ever play again in this town.

Posted by: Vic1 | September 20, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Diesel: exactly.. I wish the rules would change. I know people would say if the roles were reversed and Shanny did that then we'd be calling him a genius. But I feel like it's a cheap way to lose a football game for any team. I think that should be cut out of the game, the idea of having a player on the field call it is a good idea.

I think if a coach is gonna call it, they need to call it before they line up. Icing a kicker is fine, I just can't stand that the ball had been snapped already. It's like.. we had the football go through the uprights first in OT but we lost... it's like WTF? :(

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Meanwhile, MRI results are in for Haynesworth's ankle and cranium.

Posted by: Vic1

At least you didn't go for the old joke ... think it came from Yogi Berra after a guy got hit in the head with a baseball.

They took an x-ray of his head and didn't find anything ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 20, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1 | September 20, 2010 3:46 PM

It still isn't any funnier than when you posted it the first time. We get it. You don't like Haynesworth.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 20, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

diesel44,

I like the last option you put up there. I am just done with Heyer. Didnt like him before and I dont think his techniques translates well in Shannys zone system. Hicks hasnt been that great at guard but maybe a move would benifit him. I have no prob with J Brown at LT, dudes done it before and was literally lining up in a LT stance at RT earlier in the year.
I will once again say i wish we hadnt dropped J Bridges.

Posted by: Stu27 | September 20, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

ol' dude vic1 is never short on redundancy...

lh1, you should expect to read that at least 6 more times before the clock strikes 12AM.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 20, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rachel216

monday morning excuse making, that's legal deal with it

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 3:48 PM |

The ball had not been snapped when Kubiak called the TO. The rule does not need to be changed. The refs, however, are complicit in this dooshbaggery by standing right next to the HC, essentially giving them an opportunity to call a TO instantaneously and only a mere moment before the snap.

If you notice, Shanny didn't have a ref next to him. WTF?!?!?!?

We don't need rule changes, just an honest application of them without giving a perceived advantage to another team. That's my only beef.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 20, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Seems I was the only one in the entire stadium in a Haynesworth jersey.

Geez, I felt lonely.

Hell, even the Dude himself failed to wear one...

or even show up himself.

Not that he was missed or anything...

Or even that he stood apart.

Just saying...

Another no show -- in a long line of them -- from Prince Albert.

Posted by: Vic1 | September 20, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Anyone who says we aren't better than last year needs to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew76rhNocL0

Posted by: JohnnyRyde | September 20, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

if we had matt schaub we'd be 1-1

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

iH8dallas

"More Fred Davis! (Except on the field goal unit)"

Indeed.

On offense, he's a rock like Fred Flintstone.

On the field goal unit, he plays like Fred Sanford.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 20, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

I don't think she's making excuses. She's simply saying that it's bush league amateur bullsh*t and it needs to be changed.

It's the equivalent of flopping in basketball.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 20, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

I don't like Haynesworth either...

But we have 2 guys on D that can beat a man 1 on 1 (98 & 92). We need him on the field, this should be an interesting week for him and his ankle. Put him at DE and sit Gholston.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

iH8dallas

"More Fred Davis! (Except on the field goal unit)"

Indeed.

On offense, he's a rock like Fred Flintstone.

On the field goal unit, he plays like Fred Sanford.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 20, 2010 4:03 PM |

I agree you big dummy.

(clutching heart) "I'm comin' Elizabeth...I'm comin'!!"

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 20, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

It's the equivalent of flopping in basketball.

Posted by: RedDM

Thank you RedDM for explaining to those who don't understand...i'm just gonna ignore pabrian entirely, dealing with you is a waste of time.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

I also hate the icing TO call because it creates a legit injury concern. The play still goes on and people are sitll flying around all for a play that wont count.

Posted by: Stu27 | September 20, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

It's the equivalent of flopping in basketball.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 20, 2010 4:03 PM

I agree with this sentiment. Bush league at best.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 20, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

FDavis will see more playing time when he becomes a better blocking TE.

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

I don't like Haynesworth either...

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 4:06 PM |

100% agreed. Also would like to see more of Bryant at NT, and CW at OLB.

Posted by: TWISI | September 20, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

"This is George Costanza, I'm calling for my test results. Negative? Oh, my God. WHY! WHY! WHY? What? What? Negative is good? Oh, yes of course! How stupid of me. Thank you. Thank you very much!"

Posted by: JohnnyRyde | September 20, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 4:07 PM

Smartest thing you can do is add him to your ITA list.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 20, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

It's the equivalent of flopping in basketball.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 20, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Or just like watching an entire soccer game.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | September 20, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

It's the equivalent of flopping in basketball.

Posted by: RedDM

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 4:07 PM |

Rachel wasn't hugged enough as a child. It's clear from her desperate attempts at validation in here by re-posting/responding to every single post that references her in any way.

She's not funny nor does she make any real and cogent analysis regarding football and the state of our beloved Redskins. ALl i ever see is someone who doesn't have any friends trying to make some on a blog.

What a freaking loser.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 20, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 4:06 PM

I agree but he's obviously still in the coach's doghouse.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 20, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Do remember seeing Carter make a couple of good plays in 3-4 linebacker pass protection, FWIW..Carlos caught an interception!! I'm playing 22 on the numbers tonight..

Posted by: frak | September 20, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

frak, 1st one since December of 08....will miracles never cease...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 20, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

What a freaking loser.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 20, 2010 4:14 PM

It's clear by your ridiculous anti women rants yesterday and your attack on Rachel again today that you obviously hate women and are most likely gay. I'm sure the fact that your mother was a diseased street walking crack wh0re that beat you and pimped you out to violent pedophiles who anally raped you as a boy has something to do with your hatred. Try therapy. And with that you may have the last word as you are added to my ever growing ITA list.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 20, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

1) Fantasy owners need to pickup Mark Clayton of the Rams
2) Wth didn't expect the Texans to put up 30 points?
3) Mad that the McNabb ITZ performance came during a loss. Mark it: As good as McNabb was yesterday is how bad he will be in a game this year (think John Starks game 7 bad)

Posted by: bernard_thompson | September 20, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

if we had matt schaub we'd be 1-1

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 4:02 PM

Wait, I got it now:
Gradkowski > McNabb = Schaub > Campbell

Maybe the Raiders would trade us straight up McNabb for Gradkowski. Nah, I doubt it. Gradkowski is waaaaaaay to good for that to happen.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 20, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 20, 2010 4:14 PM

When you're not being a racist, you're homophobic, and when you're not a homophobe, you're a MISOGYNISTIC d i c k.

Your act is tired.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

No_Punt_Intended = Anti-American

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

FDavis will see more playing time when he becomes a better blocking TE.

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Its not like Cooley excels at blocking. Watch that end around play again, and see who whiffs on the defender who tackled Moss.

No one has ever said our TE's were known for their blocking.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | September 20, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

...awww it's okay no_punt_intended.. actually what you stated sounds a lot like yourself! And as far as trying to be funny, I don't try to be at all. You, on the other hand think you're hilarious but you really are not funny and you also don't bring anything to this blog in all honesty.

I don't know if something happened to you as a child because you seem so bitter and angry all the time. You are also a waste of time, so next time please don't address any posts to me at all. You are the dumba** responding to my posts.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | September 20, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

And one has his birth year while the other has his I.Q. in their handles.

Posted by: HTTR | September 20, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

For those that are defending Doughty and saying it's not his fault that he gets beat every week for touchdown, that it's Haslet's fault for not scheming to protect him, answer me this?
What scheme could they possibly come up with where safeties are never required to cover anyone? Punt return, FG Block? Or should Doughty just blitz 50 times a game?

Posted by: renhoekk2 | September 20, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

also ignore the parts of the game you don't want to admit to

like mcnabb missing wide open dinosaur receivers

and the zorn-reverse to Moss

and the average age of our roster

and hasletts call putting dooty 1-1 with AJ

and playing half a game

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 20, 2010 4:18 PM |

Now you know why I feel no compunction whatsoever to address many here with any respect and in fact, quite the opposite.

Dude, you're an anonymous blogger and if you think for one nanosecond that you're scoring points or somehow one-upping me or whatever you do there in your mother's basement, think again.

But, when I leave my gorgeous office, hop in my fine German luxury sedan and go to my tastefully appointed home in Georgetown, I promise, I'll try to feel bad about myself.

LOL

Owned.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 20, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Hopefully most ppl here just ignore what ever you post. I do!

Posted by: skinswillwin

ironic

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

And one has his birth year while the other has his I.Q. in their handles.

Posted by: HTTR | September 20, 2010 4:23 PM |

Thanks chief

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 4:23 PM |

Well said rach

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

no_punt_intended: and who the hell do you think you are? same as everyone here. so get off your high horse. no one gives a sh** about you.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

No_Punt_Intended | September 20, 2010 4:14 PM

Classic case of the the boy who keeps tugging on the one little girls hair on the playground... or always tagging the same girl when playing duck-duck-goose...

Someone's still mad that the girl he asked to the prom ended up going with the starting high school QB instead....

Nevertheless he still had the gutso to go to the prom anyway. Once he saw the QB with his tongue down his dreamgirl's throat and finger banging her on the dance floor, it was then that he lost it and stormed from the scene.

Rode the public bus home and uopon entering his house collapsed into mommy's arms crying about how 'it isn't fair!!!!'.

She then consoled him by fixing him a warm glass of milk, brushed his hair, read him "Goodnight Moon", then tucked him in, but not before reassuring him that 'tomorrow will be better'.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 20, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

No one has ever said our TE's were known for their blocking.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000

I miss Yoder, The Amish Susquatch..Or Don Warren..

Posted by: frak | September 20, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

100% agreed. Also would like to see more of Bryant at NT, and CW at OLB.

Posted by: TWISI | September 20, 2010 4:13 PM

Agree. 99 and 97 should only see the field in certain packages. 99 on 3rd down and 97 on special teams. CW needs to start.

99 is a tough watch when he's in space. He's awkward looking and is targeted repeatedly. The Texans ran the bootleg 35x and he feel for it everytime. The OLB experiment with 99 should end today.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 20, 2010 3:45 PM

zeke, I'm thinking that the convo relates more to "If we had Gary Kubiak instead of Wade Phillips...."

Posted by: beep-beep | September 20, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Who the hell is Jason Campbell?

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | September 20, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

a pinto is never to be called a "German luxury sedan"....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 20, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 20, 2010 4:26 PM |

Allow me,

Don't work in an office.

Don't own a German luxury sedan.

Don't live in Georgetown.

Don't really care.

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

LOL

Owned.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended

NPI = D-Man

"...I made over $500,000 last year how much did you make?"

Holy sh*t, welcome to the blog Derek "I haven't a carb since 2004!" Huff!

Posted by: RedDMV | September 20, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

I WANNA MAKE BANK, BRO!

I WANNA GET A**!

I WANNA DRIVE A RANGE ROVER!

Posted by: RedDMV | September 20, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

nice red, with the step brothers pull....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 20, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

"...I made over $500,000 last year how much did you make?"

Holy sh*t, welcome to the blog Derek "I haven't a carb since 2004!" Huff!

Posted by: RedDMV | September 20, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

I thought we were all millionaires on this blog?

We all get paid for this, right?

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | September 20, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

I miss Yoder, The Amish Susquatch..Or Don Warren..

Posted by: frak

funny -- 'cept given the pass rushers we face this season, yeah, keeping a good blocking TE with good enough hands that he can catch a pass and make a play -- not sure why we let him go. Don't think Paulsen has worn a uni yet on game day. Plus, Yoder's blocking would be an asset in the run game.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 20, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Yoder's blocking would be an asset in the run game.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 20, 2010 4:45 PM

Run game? Who do you think we are, the Texans or the Eagles?

Posted by: beep-beep | September 20, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

lol @ No Punt.

For reals man? PS - you sound really old. Are you really old man? Cause yeah, you've got all that, but I'm young as shiz. And $$$ can't buy youth, no matter how much Botox tells you it does. Have fun with your wrinkly hairy skin.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | September 20, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Redskins are 7th in the league is passing yards and 31st in the league in rushing yards. Why are we 31st? San Francisco is 32nd and they play their second game tonight. If they rush for 21 yards, then they pass us.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 20, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Four things:
CP had a heck of a block on Sleepy's long reception. Props to McNabb on that for being able to decide which wide open guy got the ball. Boo to the refs for not correctly calling the result, which was a touchdown. No matter since CP got the score anyway.
They were daring Shanahanaman to pass the ball. If he'd passed on first down in the 4th quarter, the Redskins probably win.

If Gano credits Jesus for made field goals, then I'm pissed at Jesus for missing the FG in OT. Christ!

I looked up the definition of "blumpkin". Ick. Did the practice orginate in Dallas?

Posted by: dpc2003 | September 20, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Hokie skins you still upset that my Dukes whooped your hokies 1aa style?

Last year 1-1, this year 1-1

but we're better

and I'm illogical

F'in sheep bahahahahahah

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Reed got outjumped by an All Pro. It happens. Gano missed from 52. That's a crapshoot. Not going to blame Doughty and Gano for coming up just short at the edges of their abilities.

But mental mistakes... I have no patience for that. Johnson's 10 yard loss followed by the Fred Davis missed block are the two crucial mistakes that really killed us.

Wouldn't surprise me if they activate Logan Paulsen this week just for blocking on special teams. It might even help putting him in for the running game too.

Posted by: manifested | September 20, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | September 20, 2010 4:51 PM |

Similar to what the Texans produced last year.

Posted by: TWISI | September 20, 2010 4:55 PM | Report abuse

And one has his birth year while the other has his I.Q. in their handles.

Posted by: HTTR | September 20, 2010 4:23 PM |

Thanks chief

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Damn Tourette's! It's been acting up ever since that 35 yd touchdown on 4th and friggin 10 late in the 4th quarter to tie the game. Who would've though putting one of your worst cover guys on one of the best WRs in the league would be a bad idea?

Asshat totally Blached that play call. (I like Haslett overall, I just really hate his ineffective zone coverage schemes).

Posted by: HTTR | September 20, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | September 20, 2010 4:51 PM |

beep, I'm going to say the o-line is still learning the zone blocking scheme. Haven't most of these guy's on the line played smash mouth schemes ?

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Boo Shanna-cool for not reviewing the Davis play. We certainly didn't need any timeouts that late in the half.

Although, after that block Portis deserved the walk in

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | September 20, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

lol, sweet.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | September 20, 2010 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Gano lifted his head.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Why make excuses for the line? Didn't you read all the articles about how every team has zone and power blocking plays every week?

They stuffed our run with a 4-3 defense featuring a stud d lineman

Instead of fixing the weakest part of our team, the O line, we made the big splashes Danny loves, new coach, new qb, new defense

ooh ooh ooh super bowl.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Hokie skins you still upset that my Dukes whooped your hokies 1aa style?

Last year 1-1, this year 1-1

but we're better

and I'm illogical

F'in sheep bahahahahahah

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 4:54 PM

Actually, I was over that about 5 minutes after it happened. I know my Hokies and I knew we would go one way or the other either stomping the ish out of JMU or letting them hang around. I think one announcer said it best when they said Boise beat VT twice.

Now, back to you, because this blog is not about me, nor my Hokies. You are illogical. Riddle me this, do you think Al Davis would even hesitate to part with Gradkowski, Campbell or both for McNabb? The answer is no. Davis is certifiably nuts, but he still knows that McNabb is better than Gradkowski or Campbell.

And someone, anyone on this blog, next time I don't listen to my own advice (see, e.g. crazy, can't argue with) please stop me. I don't know why I bother with this guy.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 20, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Sellars nickname wAs gravy-boAt but he changed it to tank.

Ahh hahaha

good half of a game gravy boat

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

We'll all forget this loss if Shanny's team does the one thing that a Gibbs One team always did: Thump the teams you're supposed to thump. Starting with the Rams.

Posted by: NYPDee | September 20, 2010 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NYPDee | September 20, 2010 5:13 PM | Report abuse

^^this^^

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | September 20, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

For those wondering why pabrian is so angry these days...

pabrian loves Jason Campbell. pabrian loves Albert Haynesworth. Because Mike Shanahan and his coaching staff have treated both Campbell and Haynesworth so incredibly bad, pabrian hates Shanahan and anyone that Shanahan brought to the team.

Thus, pabrian hates McNabb and will never admit that he is better than Campbell. pabrian continually asks why the oline wasn't addressed in the offseason, even though there are three new (and much better) starters on the o-line. pabrian will vouch for haynesworth no matter what and claim him to be the best defensive player in the history of the game.

pabrian refuses to acknowledge any positive in the Redskins play and only focuses on negative play. He will keep repeating the same illogical arguments over and over in an attempt to make himself look correct. If you say it enough times at a high enough volume, it must be correct!

Posted by: --swb | September 20, 2010 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Sniff, sniff, sniff.......Smells like a female hygienic nether-region cleaning device.

Oh I see hessone posted on here not too long ago, that explains it.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Holy sh*t, welcome to the blog Derek "I haven't a carb since 2004!" Huff!

Posted by: RedDMV | September 20, 2010 4:39 PM |

Wanna go do karate in the garage?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

But, when I leave my gorgeous office (HAIR SALON), hop in my fine German luxury sedan (VW JETTA) and go to my tastefully appointed home in Georgetown (DUPONT CIRCLE), I promise, I'll try to feel bad about myself.
No_Punt_Intended

Don't spank your peepee...

Posted by: skinpig | September 20, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

besides VJ from SD, would the skins look at the LT holding out over there? Maybe he can play guard or center...I dunno

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 20, 2010 5:26 PM | Report abuse

They stuffed our run with a 4-3 defense featuring a stud d lineman

ooh ooh ooh super bowl.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

What dude?

New coach: Obviously a ginormous team need after the "Z" era.

New QB: This one is debatable but uh, I can tell you the Skins would be 0-2 right now with JC17.

New defense: Again, not needed, but they didn't acquire any huge FA's a la Cerrato.

O-line: Pretty sure Shanallahan did everything they could to upgrade the o-line. Which they did (Williams, Brown). They've been working together for all of 7 months? Chill dude, the line will form.

Your analysis blows dude. What is your approach? Elaborate please.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | September 20, 2010 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 20, 2010 4:26 PM

You're boring. End of story.

Posted by: mack1 | September 20, 2010 5:28 PM | Report abuse

The Nina, The Pinta, The Sata Mariah....
I'll do u in the bottom while I'm drinking Sangria....
Nachos and Lemonheads on my Dad's Boat...
You don't have to go down cuz my d!ck can float....

Boats N Hoes....Boats N Hoes....Gotta have me my Boats N Hoes.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 20, 2010 5:29 PM | Report abuse

McNabb is better than Campbell, I cannot and have never disagreed with that, but are we better? tBD

The O line was the weakest link not the QB, IMO

are the eagles crazy, because they been running their team way way better than us.

Is any of this illogical?

I'm illogical because you think I posted something I didn't post, making you a sheep

bah ahahahaha

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Just wait until McNabb gets hurt and all the hatchets will come out. It's going to happen.

Posted by: Aerowaz | September 20, 2010 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Aerowaz | September 20, 2010 5:31 PM | Report abuse

I wish all players were like London Fletcher. Keeps his mouth shut, plays with passion, and gets the job done!!

Posted by: DrWho2 | September 20, 2010 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 20, 2010 4:26 PM

"gorgeous" office = gay
"fine German luxury sedan" = gay
"tastefully appointed home" = gay
Georgetown = straight

skinpig's right -- the shared basement apartment is in Dupont Circle

Posted by: beep-beep | September 20, 2010 5:32 PM | Report abuse

B_h_a_p

Hey Shepard Fairey- don't bother with that billy goat.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 20, 2010 4:26 PM

"gorgeous" office = gay
"fine German luxury sedan" = gay
"tastefully appointed home" = gay
Georgetown = straight

skinpig's right -- the shared basement apartment is in Dupont Circle

Posted by: beep-beep | September 20, 2010 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Don't hate on "gay" dude, thats not really funny or cool, just saying.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | September 20, 2010 5:34 PM | Report abuse

B_h_a_p

Hey Shepard Fairey- don't bother with that billy goat.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I've never really picked a bone with anyone on RI. Just wanted to try, bored.

he seems to be an easy target, I mean even I could shred his analysis, and I don't pride myself on NFL analyzing.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | September 20, 2010 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Don't hate on "gay" dude, thats not really funny or cool, just saying.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | September 20, 2010 5:34 PM

You the judge of what's cool? Ha-ha. Show me anything I've posted that "hates on gay".

Posted by: beep-beep | September 20, 2010 5:38 PM | Report abuse

My approach was to be positive an supportive of the players that I root for each week an to be realistic and fair

then I started reading this blog and the comments and there were very few players on this team worth a darn that didn't get heavily criticised by the self proclaimed football geniuses up here.

So now it's my turn to be critical and these hipocrites can't handle it.

McNabb and Shanny have proven absolutely nothing!!! That is a FACT. We beat Dallas by pure luck and played half of a game yesterday.

Zorn went 6-2, fact. McDaniels went 6-2

until this team wins when it counts they are a 4-12 team that is 1-1

I'm hated because I supported portis, Thomas Kelly Davis Rogers haynesworth. And no I'm hated by cause I'm hating on shanny and new soup

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Example: portis lost his burst gets written and people eat it up

well I say prove it. Take some old game tape and some new game tape and prove it or shut it

it's like a republican talking point

bush protected us! after the biggest attack ever on our soil, but nothing happened since then

haynesworth is out of shape. Well he played more snaps than any of our D lineman but freaky Carter an he had 2 pro bowl seasons prioir

people write stuff pass it off as fact but never back it up

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 5:45 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins did play a good game but it seems to me that those Texans were more pumped up after half time!!!....The Texans head coach must`ve said some serious words for the halftime speech.Great 1st half for the Skins,Horrible 2nd half too!!!!

Posted by: DirtyDrynn27 | September 20, 2010 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Now I'm going to leave my fabulous office, get in my cute little shiny car, go to my Pilates class, and ten retire to my palacial loft over looking the Potomac

I may swing by the fist lounge for some COCKtails

oh my

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 5:54 PM | Report abuse

williams should sit out a week for treatment on his knee,move heyer to RT and brown LT for the rams. doughty can not cover anyone and he is slow I dont see why he was not cut and retain lendy holmes a younger and faster player,horton is a strong safety too many of them on the team. this team should play more 4-3 defense the 3-4 is not working yet let haynesworth and a.carter play in the nickle and chris wilson(LB) in the 3-4 and let's not forget that haslett's saints defenses played like this one horrible. shanahan's zone blocking as of now is a joke this team can't run the football period they are pathetic why not line-up a few times in the game man on man drive blocking just like on the sled..it might even work. shanahan cut e. williams a man who can fire off at the line of scrimmage and keep weaklings like rabach and litchensteiger. they need to move capers and cook up from the practice squad the back-ups(o-lineman) they have now are terrible at least they may have a good up-side.

Posted by: wathu19 | September 20, 2010 6:18 PM | Report abuse

NPI = D-Man

"...I made over $500,000 last year how much did you make?"

Holy sh*t, welcome to the blog Derek "I haven't a carb since 2004!" Huff!

Posted by: RedDMV | September 20, 2010 4:39 PM |

Funny sh!t.

Hey d-bag intended, I live in San Clemente, CA. Google it d0uchebag. You ain't got sh!t on me mofo. (With a refrain from "So What" from the Anti-Nowhere League playing in my head)

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 20, 2010 6:31 PM | Report abuse

Hey d-bag intended, I live in San Clemente, CA.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 20, 2010 6:31 PM

San Clemente! Woop-dee-do. That's nothing. Three questions: (1) Do you have a gorgeous office? (2) Do you drive a fine German luxury sedan? (3) Is your home tastefully appointed? That's what constitutes status up here, scamp.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 20, 2010 6:51 PM | Report abuse

about the TO rule to ice kickers, how about once the play clock is inside 5 seconds there can be no TO called....

Posted by: joerutgens72 | September 20, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

I may swing by the fist lounge for some COCKtails

oh my

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 20, 2010 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Really man? You make yourself sound dumb when you say these things. At least use spell check or something.

The fact is our passing game was incredible yesterday. Our pass Defense was ugly. Doughty can't cover recievers and a FS in a 3-4 needs to. When Moore gets back it will start getting better. This "new soup" thing i keep hearing is ridiculous. And what is "Zorn-a-han"? It is not time to hang your head just because we lost to the best passing attack in the NFL by 3POINTS IN OT! Lets get this W in STL and stay on top of the division! HTTR

Posted by: willfacc10 | September 20, 2010 8:24 PM | Report abuse

"..I want all the players thinking that way. I want Carlos Rogers thinking that way, I want DeAngelo thinking, LaRon Landry, Kareem Moore, all those type of guys, wanting the pressure to cover the top receiver. Same thing inside with London Fletcher. "

Funny, I do not see Reed Doughty's name in that list! But Reed is still an adequate player, just not a great player.

Posted by: JohnWWW | September 20, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

the defense can't stop anybody when it has to...the safeties don't cover very well and they still make too many mistakes - the offsides by Horton and then the pass over him is a great example of just how poorly this team plays....George Allen would have cut the guy today. There are others - all day long the DE's would crash in, and they would bootleg outside for an easy pass...late we finally sent a DB to crash and they ended up throwing it away. Fred Davis can't block - he never has in the past and just won't make the commitment. Doughty can't cover anybody -sure he'll hit somebody when he can, but he's a target for a passing offense. This is an 8-8 team at best - they just make too many mistakes.

Posted by: outrbnksm | September 20, 2010 11:25 PM | Report abuse

I have always hated the TO call prior to a FG. It's an act of desperation and is gutless. If you want to call one prior to a a TO, there should be a 5 YD penalty, just on princible.

Posted by: boysheadcoach | September 21, 2010 9:10 AM | Report abuse