Shanahan: Trent Williams a game-time decision

Left tackle Trent Williams will be a game-time decision on Sunday, Coach Mike Shanahan said.

"He felt much better today and made some strides," Shanahan said. "But you really don't know. Forty-eight hours, you get a better feel."

Williams, who missed the team's Week 3 loss at St. Louis, is not pushing off 100 percent yet.

"Probably in the 95-99 percentile," Shanahan said. "So that's why we'll wait and see where he's at in 48 hours."

Shanahan said Williams's knee is feeling better and he's mostly bothered by his toe at this point. Williams has apparently been lobbying the coaches to play Sunday at Philadelphia.

"I used to fall in a trap to believe most of those guys," Shanahan said. "I've got to see with my eyes."

Nose tackle Anthony Bryant, who suffered a concussion a week and a half ago, returned to practice on Friday, but Shanahan said he will not play on Sunday.

Also, punter Josh Bidwell practiced on Friday and said he'll be able to play on Sunday.

By Rick Maese  | October 1, 2010; 1:44 PM ET
Categories:  Anthony Bryant, Trent Williams
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Radio host organizes Philly-style welcome for McNabb
Next: Punter Josh Bidwell wondered whether career was over

Comments

He'd better be playing when the FIRST quarter starts!!! WE NEED YA SILVERBACK!

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

I'd sacrifice a win now to have him for the rest of the season.

Just remember Samuels' first couple years... awfully disappointing.

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 1, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Sit the kid and let him play healthy.

Clay Matthews will soon be in town to show him the other side of the ropes Mario Williams introduced him to.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 1, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

When was the last time the game you spew in here EVER got you laid?

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 1:45 PM

Every evening...when I get home...I tell my girlfriend everything I posted here that day...she rips off her clothes...then mine...and jumps on top of me...works every time.

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Sit the kid and let him play healthy.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 1, 2010 1:56 PM

Clay Mathews blitzes through the middle and right side a lot, it's not likely he'll go up against TW very much.

Posted by: Keiser | October 1, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 1, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Don't forget Ronnie Lott's 4 1/2 finger glove!

And Danny Snyder's Midget O's.

Vick's Dog Collar! (too mean?)

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Of course I have no idea what is really going on with his knee or toe, but I think you gotta play the kid this weekend. This is obviously a HUGE game and if Mike Shanahan say he's around 98% then that means he's healthy enough to go.

It's a small 3 game sample size but we are a vastly different team with him in the lineup. The way we ran in the 1st half of Rams game, I want to see "Rod Lick my Steiger" and Silverback in together.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 1, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

***Repost, I don't care...choke on it biotch***

Folk with money don't need to tell other people about the property they own, where they live, and the type of cars they drive. As a matter of fact most rich folk I know prefer for random people NOT to know they're wealthy. They like to blend in with the common folk... almost like a facetious secret to them that even though they have money they can be just like John Q. Public.

And any random person couldn't ever figure it out.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2010 1:48 PM |

I'm not allowed to mention where I live? That small comment burns you so much? Good then. I never mentioned the value of my place(s) or what I drive or any of that. You can't take it when someone makes a geographical reference relative to where thy reside? Dude, you're pathetic and where the F do you get off laying down rules for how people are supposed to comport themselves when you are dooshier than a collision between a water truck and a vinegar tanker.

Stop sweating my ballsack son.

It's unbecoming.

Now, STFU and go get me a cup of coffee and be quick about it.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

LMFAO!!!!!

Posted by: rupertpupkin | October 1, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

You guys may not be able to actually brag about getting yourselves or someone else laid with what you've posted here...

...but my act, The Fabulous ShuttleLOUNGE, literally got our customers hooked up.

booyah!

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 1, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad I'm not the one being yelled at and in an argument. Yeah, just a calm day drinking my Bud in the monastery!!!

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

NPI...repost all you want, but just know this:

Your juvenile rants are the definition of the "Law of Diminishing Returns".

To explain: Every time someone reads them they are 50% less funny/intriguing/clever than the last.

So by the second time most people read your takes, they are ready to stick a pistol in their mouth and pull the trigger.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 1, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 2:06 PM

Yeah...you're having a good day monk! Is that your first FIRST up there too? You know only nerds say FIRST...

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

MistaMoe said:
"Sit the kid and let him play healthy."

I agree in theory, but if the kid sits too long McNabb won't be playing healthy. Heyer might as well spear McNabb in the back himself, and save both teams the trouble.

Posted by: Alan4 | October 1, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

NPI...repost all you want, but just know this:

Your juvenile rants are the definition of the "Law of Diminishing Returns".

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 1, 2010 2:07 PM |

You might be onto something. But alas, few of you have the balls when the moment of truth arrives.

Further, I couldn't care less about the lingering effects or your perceived lack thereof nor do I care whether you find my offerings tasty or not.

All that matters is that you eat 'em up and take the time to ponder, write and post your take on them.

I win.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

95-99% percentile and you're a game time decision???? At 75% he's better than Heyer. Just say he's playing for gods sake!

Posted by: vegasskinsfan | October 1, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

"winning an argument on a blog"="dancing about architecture"

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 1, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

I win.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Spoken like the true Special Olympian you are.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 1, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Nope, been FIRST before.

I make the rules, so I can say FIRST without being labeled as a NERD. That's the fringe benefits my nerdy friend!

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Boner-poop.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 1, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: vegasskinsfan | October 1, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Shanny mind games at their best!

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

On that note, I wish all the actually decent and thoughtful 'posters' here an awesome weekend.

Red, if you find yourself at the Rudder in Dewey this weekend, look for a broad-shouldered, 6ft something, handsome, bespectacled fellow likely speaking with at least one woman - the beauty of which would make you physically uneasy with yourself. In any event, make yourself known, I'd be happy to buy you a cocktail and introduce you to my cleaning lady.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Boner-poop.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 1, 2010 2:18 PM

That sounds risky.

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Have a good weekend NPI...and nothing wrong with a well groomed cleaning lady now and again.

God I hope that nerd kid Williams plays sunday...

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Later Play, we'll see whose prediction lasts, Peace!

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Boner-poop.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 1, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Is that like getting Mud on the Turtle Head???

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Give him the shot and a coupla cases of Activia, "Welcome to the NFL, rookie"..

OK State's Blackmon, NCAA Scoring Leader, is the next Andre Johnson, just what we need, and one of Shanahan's vaunted 2nd or 3rd round round pick running backs...Free agency for O-line interior, anything else, we'd be down, oi..

Posted by: frak | October 1, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

@No_Punt_Intended

drinking again ?

Posted by: hessone | October 1, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Later Play, we'll see whose prediction lasts, Peace!

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 2:27 PM

Oh I ain't going anywhere monk...have two more hours to kill...I think poopy is talking smack about my sister in the last thread haha...that would make me really really mad if I had one.

Someone giving you sh!t there too.

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 1, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Is that like getting Mud on the Turtle Head???

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 2:32 PM |
----------

That'd be more of a poopy-boner.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 1, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Shake it off, Trent. Rub some dirt on it.

Posted by: swowra | October 1, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Dear Monk811 and Vic1:

I'm sure you're the same person. But, I'll say this to the "both" of you. Get a life.

Thanks,

Humanity

Posted by: MadeRED | October 1, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Dear MadeRED,

I think I guessed it!!! You are a tampon and you were made red by being stuck up your momma's p*ssy during her period!!!! Well, sorry bout your luck, you probably stunk before you were shoved in that loose hole!

I am just a simple monk living in my monastery, so I don't know who this vic is. So why don't you mind your own business jerk-off. I think you remind me of this monk at our Art School. He's kinda gay and always picks the dingles outta his azz, kinda nasty cause he just pulls his robe up too far!

Any who, just suck it and leave me alone, I'm sick of taking people's sh*t up in here!

Sincerely,

Monk

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Good to see that I'm not the only one that thinks this fhucking idiot NPI is a piece of lying dog sh*t. Too bad you're mother didn't do the world a favor and pissed you out in the nearest lake after the failed abortion attempt with the rusty clothes hanger, you fhucking puke!

Hey NPI, have fun getting being butt fhucked by your sl*t ass moms, and getting dominated by your faggit ass dad, you fhucking pole smoker.

This ass hole comes up here perpetrating about the money he's got and the cars he drives. When in fact that clown ass fhucker lives at home with mommy, eats all the 2010 snacks, and ties up the phone line -- from his mother's sh*tty ass basement, that he shares with his step baby brother. Newsflash, fhuckboy, a d*ickhead with money, is STILL a d*ckhead.

What a fhucking simpleton you are. When you're finished tossing Daddy's salad and licking his taint, don't forget to wipe the sh*t crumbs form the side of your mouth. Maybe if you'd stop butt raping your sister for a second she could give you hand.

No not for that, for the crumbs on your mouth, I said, you fhucking taintwipe.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that I pull more women than you pull your own meat, fhuckface. Now go BOOK THAT!

Catch up with ya b*tch ass...

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

piss and vinegar today, huh?

punt beeps

Posted by: RomoLongballs | October 1, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

'TD' MARKO MITCHELL strikes again on a 69 yard TD in EDMONTON. It's not too late coach.

Posted by: glawrence007 | October 1, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

rupertpupkin = faggit fhuck

Still nutjobbing anti-RedDMV post I see.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: glawrence007 | October 1, 2010 2:50 PM
------------------------------------------
I think Andy Warhol would have said, "In the future, Marko Mitchell will have ten minutes of fame with every team".

BTW, Marko was so yesterday. Our new savior is Brandon Banks. If only...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 1, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | October 1, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

It goes both ways. Take away his 3 yard loss due to a very porous line and he has 47yds on 6 carries, 7.8 yd avg. Looking pretty fine if you ask me.

Posted by: Stu27 | October 1, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Right, Stu.

After last game, we can now count on Clinton Portis giving us 6-8 yards a carry from here on out.

Running game fixed.

Clinton Portis will win the rushing title.

Solid stuff, man.

Posted by: p1funk | October 1, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

I'd sacrifice a win now to have him for the rest of the season.

Just remember Samuels' first couple years... awfully disappointing.

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 1, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Actually Samuels first couple season were his best. Then gibbs came and he got a little nicked up. Then the last couple season he was struggling with a knee issue. I may be mistaken but he went to the majority of his pro bowls the first half of his career

Posted by: twenty-36-one | October 1, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse