Trent Williams faces reckless driving charge

The Redskins offensive lineman, the team's first pick in this year's draft, is accused of driving 90 mph in a 55 mph zone in June.

For more information, see this post:

By Washington Post editors  |  August 18, 2010; 6:00 PM ET
Categories:  Trent Williams  | Tags: Trent Williams, Trent Williams reckless driving, Washington Redskins, left tackle, offensive lineman
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Redskins' wide receivers: another breakdown
Next: Hitting intensifies as training camp nears its end

Comments

A speeding ticket? Outrageous! Cut him!

Posted by: mack1 | August 18, 2010 6:09 PM | Report abuse

First???

Posted by: factor71 | August 18, 2010 6:11 PM | Report abuse

First? Cant get comments to show.....

Posted by: factor71 | August 18, 2010 6:13 PM | Report abuse

It sound like a Haynie caper, don't it, although it a Porsche, not a Ferrari. Why it take over 2 mos to report?

Posted by: TubularBells | August 18, 2010 6:15 PM | Report abuse

If only he had tens of millions of dollars to pay the fine.

I doubt the license suspension part. If anything is getting suspended, it will be the sentence, as he wasn't drinking.

Posted by: shanafan | August 18, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

If only he had tens of millions of dollars to pay the fine.

Posted by: shanafan | August 18, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

If only he had tens of millions of dollars to pay the fine.

Posted by: shanafan | August 18, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

If only he had tens of millions of dollars to pay the fine.

Posted by: shanafan | August 18, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

If only he had tens of millions of dollars to pay the fine.

Posted by: shanafan | August 18, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Oh lord. What the hell is he doing driving 90 in a 55 mph zone?! He could get killed!!!

Posted by: rachel216 | August 18, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Not a DUI? Not an accident with injuries? Not a story. Thankfully!

Posted by: Syrinx2112 | August 18, 2010 6:20 PM | Report abuse

Not a DUI? Not an accident with injuries? Not a story. Thankfully!

Posted by: Syrinx2112 | August 18, 2010 6:20 PM | Report abuse

With Kelly, I don't see the physical or mental toughness. Does he have talent and size and all that? Yes. But you need more than that to be a successful possession guy. I've only seen 1/2 of what it takes to succeed from Kelly. Which is why I think he's gone.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 18, 2010 6:11 PM | Report abuse
_________

I completely agree with everything you said about possession receivers, and I also agree that Kelly hasn't really shown enough yet. I tried to qualify my remarks with the thought that Kelly stays as long as he shows something. I jsut think he will show just enough. We really need his physical attributes if he can get it together.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 18, 2010 6:21 PM | Report abuse

Wow shanafan! Try five times?! hahaha :)

Posted by: rachel216 | August 18, 2010 6:22 PM | Report abuse

TubularBells? You Hulk?

Posted by: mack1 | August 18, 2010 6:23 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad he likes speed!!! D Ware will be coming off the edge at 90mph on opening night. I like a big man who moves fast at LT.

Posted by: MajorFacemask | August 18, 2010 6:26 PM | Report abuse

This comes to us from tshirthell.com.
Don`t mess with Texas, it`s not nice to make fun of retards.

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | August 18, 2010 6:09 PM |

If you was to wear that in a bar in Big D you would have more to worry about than a dog peeing on your rug.

Posted by: TubularBells | August 18, 2010 6:26 PM | Report abuse

I like how beep-beep (yeah real original name there pal) has decided what is and isn't appropriate blog posting material.

I also enjoy how said poster has become the end-all, be-all, in terms of dictating how posters post here and who posters address or are told not to address in blog responses.

Keep it up cool guy.

Oh, and this fart's for you!

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 18, 2010 6:30 PM | Report abuse

This comes to us from tshirthell.com.
Don`t mess with Texas, it`s not nice to make fun of retards.

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | August 18, 2010 6:09 PM
==================

Okay, well maybe we should tell that to Rain Man, because he practically bankrupted a casino, and he was a ri-tard.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 18, 2010 6:31 PM | Report abuse

Poopy (with thanks to OutKast):

"Ah ha, hush that fuss
Everybody move to the back of the bus
Do you wanna bump and slump with us
We the type of people make the club get crunk..."

Presently, this hook is blaring as the "Redskin Fan Bus of Optimism" speeds its way through that rock-strewn highway known to all as the NFC East.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 18, 2010 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Anyone know if they're still putting out the "Pure Moods" cd? Anyone? I figure Tubular Bells should know.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 18, 2010 6:33 PM | Report abuse

TubularBells? You Hulk?

Posted by: mack1 | August 18, 2010 6:23 PM |

Hey, why clog the internet with electrons when peeps will know what you mean? Need lots of extra bandwidth for shanafan. Heh, heh.

Posted by: TubularBells | August 18, 2010 6:33 PM | Report abuse

Yeah MisataMoe, unfortunately that was OutKast's last really great album. Since than they fell off.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 18, 2010 6:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 18, 2010 6:32 PM |

Who at the wheeeeeel? Haynie? Trent?

Posted by: TubularBells | August 18, 2010 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Beeps

Posted by: wireman65 | August 18, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed.

This place would be a ghost town if they actually did that.

I mean, who uses multiple 'signatures' and handles?:

gimmiesummoe: You need to stop making folks think you're me.

I make the funny posts, you get the credit.

mistamoe: Look, homie, you're just a creation of coffee, boredom, and my imagination.

I told you one day I'd let you run things.

However, this just is not your day.

And tommorrow ain't looking too hot, either.

mistamoe:

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 18, 2010 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Please introduce Trent to Gibbs. Gibbs will find him the car and the track to drive 150 MPH safely. Trent has enough money to pay for it rather than risking his life and others around him.

A young pro needs some help from people around him to do all the things he wants to do, but do them safely!

Posted by: SeedofChange | August 19, 2010 5:42 AM | Report abuse