Trent Williams faces tough test in DeMarcus Ware in his NFL debut

Trent Williams's NFL baptism by fire begins Sunday night against the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field.

Washington's big-stage season opener will mark the first of many difficult matchups early this season for the rookie left tackle, beginning with the Cowboy's DeMarcus Ware. In the following weeks, Williams also will draw elite pass rushers Mario Williams, Trent Cole and Dwight Freeney.

But Ware starts things off, and Williams said there could be no more difficult opening-night assignment. [Check out my colleague LaVar Arrington's Hard Hits blog, where he explains why Williams will have a tough time against Ware.]

"It would be easier to start off with someone not as good," Williams said after practice Wednesday at Redskins Park. "But it sets the stage. ... It ain't a cupcake starting off. It'll probably be one of my biggest tests starting off."

Well, at least until next week when Mario Williams and the Houston Texans visit FedEx. Ware had 11 sacks and five forced fumbles last season. In his first five seasons, Ware had 64.5 sacks and 23 forced fumbles.

Ware's game is similar to that of Baltimore Ravens' rush linebacker Terrell Suggs, who faced Williams in a Week 2 preseason game. In Baltimore's 23-3 victory, Suggs sacked quarterback Donovan McNabb once and applied pressure on several plays during his first-half performance.

"You've got to understand, Trent is a rookie," McNabb said. "He's going to have some ups and downs. I think it's a good test for him that he can kind of gauge himself and what he needs to do. He's got an opportunity to play against Terrell Suggs, who is a speed rusher that can get low up under your pads. He has a bull rush, something DeMarcus does as well.

"I think he did a great job against Suggs. He's a hard guy, very critical of himself, so he'll probably think he didn't do well. We're all about getting better and it's going to be a challenge for us. Not just for Trent but for all of us to get out here and be able to execute the plays the right way, put points on the board and, hopefully, come out with a win."

On Suggs's sack of McNabb in the second quarter, Williams was beaten so badly off the ball that he never had a chance to set up and get into his technique. For that matter, McNabb didn't have a chance, either. And the big play illustrated why premier rush ends/outside linebackers are valued more in the NFL than any position except quarterback and lock-down corners.

"When you play a great player there's always going to be a battle," Redskins offensive line coach Chris Foerster said. "When you have a good player going against another good player, there's always going to be, 'You win some, you lose some,' and there's a lot to be learned from it. Obviously, he had a good game, but I don't think Trent would tell you it was his best game by far of the preseason. But he worked hard and he had a good game."

Washington's previous possession ended when a poor throw of McNabb's was intercepted. But on the Ravens' second play after the turnover, LaRon Landry forced a fumble and DeAngelo Hall recovered the ball. The score was tied, 3-3, and Washington took over at its 32-yard line with 9 minutes 41 seconds remaining in the half.

On Washington's first play, Suggs raced past Williams and brought down McNabb for a five-yard loss. The Redskins attempted two deep passes that fell incomplete, punted and did nothing on offense for the remainder of the blowout loss.

Late in the first quarter, with Washington facing third and 1, Suggs drove Williams into the backfield and brought down running back Larry Johnson for a three-yard loss. Williams also was called for a false start.

"After film study, I feel like I did good," Williams said. "I had him where I wanted him. Even on the sack, he was where I wanted him to be, just me and the quarterback was on a different page, as far as stepping up and playing in the pocket. But I felt like I did okay."

Overall, offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan was pleased with how Williams performed in the preseason. "It's more him getting used to the speed of the game, the difference in the players he's going against," Shanahan said. "I think he's done a good job in the preseason adjusting to that. It'll be a little different on Sunday night, little more energy out there. ... I think that was a good test [going against Suggs] to help prepare him [for Ware]. Very similar guys. It'll be similar issues this week."

At his position, Ware is as good at it gets, Foerster said. "He plays very, very hard all the time, run or pass," he said. "He does it all. He chases on the backside of runs. He's physical at the point of attack in the run game. He obviously has very good rush skills. He's very, very long.

"He's long-armed, he keeps people away from him and he's got a great deal of power as well. So he threatens with speed, yet he's a very powerful guy and can run you over just as quickly. He's a total package. He's an outstanding rusher, and he's got a lot of really, really good skills."

The Cowboys move him around, "so we'll see him on the right side, we'll see him on the left," Foerster added. "They do a lot of different things. ... It's hard to miss him. He's No. 94. But they do move him around."

Foerster declined to provide insight into the Redskins' game plan against Ware, but it wouldn't be surprising if Coach Mike Shanahan often teamed a running back or tight end with Williams against Ware. For his part, Williams would rather not focus daily on his big assignment.

"I'm taking it day by day. I'm not trying to overwhelm myself," Williams said. "I don't really think it hit me until last year. For some reason, it thought once I got [to the NFL], everyone would be going [from college] and I'd be playing the same people I played in college. Obviously, that's not the case."

By Jason Reid  |  September 9, 2010; 8:48 AM ET
Categories:  Offensive line , Trent Williams
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: QB Donovan McNabb: "I'm very excited about" the wide receivers
Next: London Fletcher says defensive players understand their new roles

Comments

Posted by: saltine182 | September 9, 2010 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Coach said I would have a chance to play left tackle this week.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Happy Rosh Hashannahan!

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 8:59 AM | Report abuse

He will need help out there. Or we can just run it right at his a$$. I have faith in our new offensive playcaller to come up with a good scheme against the Gurls.

Posted by: FedorEm | September 9, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

brown,

Malcolm Kelly, Joey Galloway, Chad Rhinhart, Rex Grossman, probably Mike Sellers and Reed Doughty.

That was hard to think about. And I wouldn't necessarily say that I wouldn't defend those guys. It all depends on the argument being presented.

I support the team, therefor I support most of the players and choose to defend most of them when someone comes up here spewing bs nonsense.

The Haynesworth hate I get that. Dude leaves a lot to be desired and seems to be all about stuffing his pockets. But DeAngelo Hall? Will never get that one.

I think it's because he also defends his teammates. Even the ones that are unpopular due to their actions. But you know what? So does McNabb, and I haven't read anything suggesting that McNabb "shut his trap and play" or any groaning about him making comments frequently to the media, or anything calling him "Haynesworth's 'mouthpiece'".

I think people hate DeAngelo Hall because he was and still is in Mike Vick's corner, and we know how 90% of America feels about Mike Vick.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 9:01 AM | Report abuse

chrislarry

I agree.

I say, "Just put the damn game on without the music, show, pretense, and whatnot."

But I do want them 'shot from behind' cheerleader segues from time to time, though.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 9, 2010 8:49 AM |

The worse thing that happened to sports in general is that it was labelled entertainment. To me it's a game.

Like Cyndi Lauper sings, "money changes everything".

Posted by: hessone | September 9, 2010 9:05 AM | Report abuse

I'm really not worried about this at all...I should be pretty well tanked by gametime.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 9, 2010 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 8:57 AM

I hear ya Red, but let's not compare what McNabb is doing with what DHall did...DHall was almost making excuses for AH's actions and trying to explain his line of thinking. All McNabb really said is that "we need him". It's one thing to show a little support for the guy, damn near co-signing his offseason of BS is another.

Hall got a bad rap not just for Vick, but because he acted like a total d-bag when he was in Atlanta. Some of it I get, some of it there's no excuse for. His stay in Oakland wasn't exactly noteworthy either. He's got a lot to prove here, and I for one hope he proves it. I think a 6 or 7 INT season and a berth in the 2010 Pro Bowl will go a long way toward improving his image here.

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 9, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Happy New Years Redskins Fans!

May all your names be inscribed in the book of life.
May all our enemies be smote.
May you also join me for an epic 8 hour tailgate in section F-44 (or so) come this sunday.
Bonk if you Hate dallas!

Posted by: SkinsInSichuan | September 9, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

I was thinking that Jason may not be as much an upgrade in Oakland as the fans hope. He doesn't have much to throw to. Shilens is out and that leaves DHB, Louis Murphy, and Johnnie Lee Higgens. Miller's a good TE and McFadden can catch coming out of the backfield, but that's not exactly a downfield attack. That's assuming that Heyward-Bey doesn't have some quantum leap in his ability to catch the ball.

I'm thinking Gradkowski is still the best QB on that roster, based on his mobility.

Posted by: Samson151 | September 9, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

For those in the DC area, is the bad weather supposed to be during the game or early on Sunday?

Posted by: Rypien11 | September 9, 2010 9:19 AM | Report abuse

This game is going to really come down to one thing, in my humble opinion, for BOTH teams opening night.

Line play.

Which ever team can win the battle of controlling the LOS will win this game.

Of course I am looking at that in a vacuum and not taking into consideration turnovers or injuries. I just think in the NFC east, more often than not, the team with the better line play is best positioned to win.

I like the notion of running right at Ware. Hell, put Haney in at FB. See if he's willing to man-up. I don't see it happening but man, that would be awesome!

GO SKINS!!!

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

TW72 will be fine...they're not gonna let the kid go one-on-one with Ware, he'll get help and we'll be alright.

You guys should see how ESPN is falling all over themselves over this Tom Brady car accident...dude isn't even hurt and they're acting like someone shot the President...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 9, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Sure hope coach doesn't catch me texting while I sit on the bench.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 9, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Tom Brady may be the Anti-Christ. I can't prove it but I think he is hiding horns in that dead beaver hair of his.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 9, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

THE STORY THIS FAR: After adopting a dozen endangered kittens at the animal shelter, McNabb returned to Redskins Park to have quiet word with Trent Williams, his blind side protector.

McNabb concluded, "The kid is going to be okay."

THE MORAL OF THE STORY:

You don't piss off your barber, especially just before you ask him to take a little off the top.

You don't piss off your doctor, especially just before she's going to check your prostate.

And you don't piss off your blind side protector, especially just before he lines up against one of the best pass rushers in the league.

Posted by: Vic1 | September 9, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

good points brown about Hall. Thing is, as far as consistency he's has been the best corner and people still hate the guy. Yeah he isn't an all-world tackler and he's whiffed on a few, but you can see the guy is making an effort to bring the guy down or at least pursue. You couldn't EVER say that about Deion Sanders.

bean, anyone that constantly cites that blown tackle on Delhomme as a reason (and in most cases it's their only reason) they're unimpressed or don't like the guy is an idiot and shouldn't be taken seriously, imo. They just flat out hate they guy and don't have the balls to fess up to it.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

if I'm shanny, I run right at Ware all game long, I'd wear his azz out, defending the run....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 9, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Which ever team can win the battle of controlling the LOS will win this game.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 9:20 AM

I hate to break it to ya, but that's how ANY football game is won. Especially here. Go back and look at the QBs in our 3 SB wins...I don't think we had the better QB in any of 'em, but we damn sure had the better line...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 9, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Tonite's Game:

Minn. v. Nawlins

We take the Saints winning in what might just be a blowout.

Brees & Company have looked sharp all summer, and are ready for another run at the title.

The vikes may have counted on B Favre's magic just a bit too long--the 2008 jets will speak to them about that issue.

At some point, the vikes will have to address their q-back situation as T Jackson and the rookie Webb are the same guy.

The vikes have a Super Bowl ready team.

But is Favre ready to take them to the big game?

We don't think so.

We take Nawlins winning 32-17.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 9, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone get the license plate of that truck?

Posted by: Tom_Brady | September 9, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

By Jason Reid | September 9, 2010; 8:48 AM ET

And premier left tackles drafted 4th overall!

Posted by: monk811 | September 9, 2010 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Well that sucks donkey balls... friggin' WaPo just ate my post.

Add that to the list of SUCK that's been going on with them lately!

To recap:

brown, good points on Hall. But I don't see why he would need to win people over with his play. No, he isn't the best tackler, even for a DB, but he gives effort. Real effort.

bean, anyone that uses the Delhomme whiffed tackle as the only reason they're unimpressed with Hall is an idiot, and shouldn't be taken seriously. They can't admit they just flat out hate the guy. To do so would imply they just hate for no reason.

Let's see if this one will go through...

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Let me just say one thing about tonights game.

Why does the NFL hate Jews so much? We can't watch the opening of the season because its on our hollyist of days.

This is just as bigoted as that A-hole pastor down in Florida.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 9, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 9, 2010 9:28 AM

If you read the Shanahan article in the season preview, that's his bag...getting the defense to run back and forth, across the field chasing cutbacks and stretch plays and bootlegs so they got nothing left in the 4th quarter, where presumably Portis will be running through huge holes to paydirt. So if Ware didn't get a conditioning test during camp, he'll sure as hell get one Sunday night...

Red, once Hall takes a pick back for 6, he'll be in everyone's good graces. I'm not even worried about that guy...the secondary will be better than people think...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 9, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

redskinhead

"I don't think Haslett will have Carter drop back in coverage on Witten. In those circumstances, Carter will blitz and McIntosh will swing out into coverage on the tight end."

...and thus, Witten can run and 'arrow' or 'hitch' or 'stop-go' route and collect big catches/yards during the time Rock gets into position to cover him.

And god forbid they decide to send Witten on a 'stutter-go' route (that's a double move) with A Carter in space against him.

You're better off having AC jam Witten on the line 1st, then sending Rock into coverage--but a play action pass still disrupts that tactic as Rock has to decide 'run or pass' before dropping back.

You better off putting C22 on Witten should he line up outside the box.

Point is, we could us an athletic linebacker with cover skills playing opposite Orakpo.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 9, 2010 9:04 AM
----------------------------------------
I'm thinking when we see the linebackers line up we won't see a lot of this seven an front stuff that Haslett brought during the preseason. You might actually see McIntosh three yards off the LOS and playing outside of Carter, or pressing the line in front of Witten. The point is, Carter won't be covering Witten. This might make the defense a little more predictable, but it's less of a risk than dropping Carter into coverage.

You might see a corner or safety on Witten if they play zone, which they might do a lot with Doughty playing safety, although Doughty on Witten doesn't make me very comfortable, either. Frankly, I look for Haslet to limit Doughty to running downs and using one safety with multiple corners on passing downs. The guy is just that much of a liability in the passing game.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 9, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Re: Hall

As one of the blog's most consistent Hall apologists, I feel obliged to weigh in.

In ATL, Hall came into the league at 19 years old - that's right a frickin' teenager flush with stardom and $$. He got a couple early pro Bowl selections and did not handle fame and fortune in the best way.

He chased $$ to Oakland. Big mistake and he said so himself. But I give folks who don't do well in Oakland a bit of a pass.

In DC he has already proven himself to be our best cover corner and our most consistent source of turnovers in the secondary. He's proven this despite the FO/coaching turmoil surrounding the team.

Let's hope he continues to prove it more and more. In the meantime, he's not skipped OTAs, he's been practicing, he's played well in preseason, he runs a charity, we've never heard a peep/comment from a player or coach complaining about his attitude.

If people are still dogging his image it's just because they refuse to let it go; not because he's actually lived it up.

Posted by: p1funk | September 9, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

RedD & Brownie,

Let's not forget Hall is a Redskin fan as well as a player - even more reason for us to like him, big mouth, mistakes & all!

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 9, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Oh & RE Williams:

If we gameplan for his rookieness and don't leave him on an island it will be an improvement from last year, no matter what.

We want Dallas!
We want Dallas!
We want Dallas!

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 9, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

BULL SH!T

J-Reid,

It's obvious you don't watch the games TW had Suggs pushed up the field past McNabb but McNabb had not stepped up yet, and TW let up. Rookie mistake but don't act like Suggs came right around and got an easy sack.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 9, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

ooops... I guess a mea cupla is in order. Maybe need to consider adjusting their network bandwidth or something...

RE: Brady's accident

Looks like someone on RI had just about enough of seeing his mug on the xfinity ad..

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Which ever team can win the battle of controlling the LOS will win this game.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 9:20 AM

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 9, 2010 9:28 AM |

Normally, Brown, I'd agree but it's especially true in the NFC East. Look no further than how the Colts line played when Manning left the game. The 'Pats don't have a great line - especially w/o Mankins but they win.

For once IMO the 'Skins' line is on par with the rest of the division and possibly just a tick above. The "finesse" teams tend not to have bruising lines. I'll take the big dudes over the quick small lines in the 4th quarter any day.

JMO.

Thanks Brown.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Funny thing is that Hall didn't even "whiff" the tackle.

He got Jake, but simply didn't bring him down before the marker.

Even if he did and Carolina punted, what makes people think that the Skins offense (which amassed a dismal 198 yards of offense that game) could even move the ball for a tie or go-ahead score?

And if Hall hadn't picked off Delhomme earlier in the game and returned it to the 1 yard line to set up the Skins second TD, would we even be having this conversation?

No. Because the Skins would have likely been down by multiple scores instead of just 3.

Posted by: p1funk | September 9, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Marrio Manningham.

I think both are corners will be put into positions where they can succeed this year, Dhall will be given the room to play free and to jump routes at his disposal. CR22 will play closer to the man and they say he will be in some safety packages in order to use his physicality.

Posted by: Stu27 | September 9, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Good stuff pfunk, well said.

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 9, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 9, 2010 12:50 AM

Z, you're reaching. That column/opinion piece sourcing a TV analyst's opinion about the NFLPA defending Haynesworth if the Skins tried to take their money back does not support your original point that NFL players hate Haynesworth personally. Try again my man.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 9, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

"and we know how 90% of America feels about Mike Vick."

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 9:01 AM

The connection between Hall and Vick is not widly known...about Hall having Vick's back. Also, 90% of America have no clue who Vick is; 40% maybe. Your argument is flawed. D Hall has a big mouth, period.

Posted by: smokeybear2 | September 9, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

bean, anyone that constantly cites that blown tackle on Delhomme as a reason

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 9:26 AM |

Red, he missed several tackles last year, along with the rest of the secondary. What most fans want to see out of Hall is less talk and more production.

Posted by: hessone | September 9, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

If only AH could have gotten into a car wreck. It would have been classic if he were in his 'Rolls, eating jelly rolls while listening to ESPN 980 doing a story about whether he would be playing in the opener.

...Hey, one can dream!

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 9, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your LT Bent Williams doesn't stand a chance against Ware. If you think Suggs fractured McNabb's ankle just wait until Ware unloads on him. The trainers better have their smelling salts handy and Shanahan better make sure your backup QBs (both of 'em) are ready to go.

I stand by my original prediction:

Cowboys 35
Redskins 3

Wish I could be in DC to see you clowns flying Cowboys flags on your cars after you lose. Other than that, there's no other reason for me to ever visit that hellhole again. It just doesn't get any better than Pampa, Texas.

Warmly,
Joe

Posted by: PampaTex | September 9, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

It doesn't matter about DHall tackling Delhomme or not, the only reason we lost that Carolina game is because of that punt that Byron Westbrook touched, which was bogus anyway.

Posted by: monk811 | September 9, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

D-Hall had more tackels then CR-22 and he had 4 INT's compared to 0 for CR-22, so I don't care if he talks or not he plays hard and gives production.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 9, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | September 9, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Not sure about everyone else, but I was most likely intoxicated during the Carolina game to put the whole game, circumstances in perspective...so I admit, I put a good amount of blame on Hall. Probably because it was the last and only play I could recall the next day. The beer was just too cold and smooth that day...

Posted by: oh_boy1 | September 9, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

...dream?

..I dream that a disgruntled Stompy plays in the 3rd, when the Dallas O line is gimpy and smacks rHomo around for a while.

brang it!

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 9, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

"and we know how 90% of America feels about Mike Vick."

...and I think 100% of the football fans in Philly will come to realize it was foolish to believe that Mike Vick would somehow be a more than adequate quarterback behind K Kolb.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 9, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Moe,

Filly Fans I know are more worried about Kolb and Vick than anyone in the MSM, some wanted to team swap when the team signed Vick. Then again the ones I know were in the Anti-Reid pro-McNabb group during the teams hay day, more than the other way around.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 9, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: PampaTex | September 9, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

I thought I smelled something bad in here, and sure enough, it's a Cowpie fan!!!
By the way, you must have us confused with Eagles fans, we don't jump ship so easily, which by the way you'll be doing after we win the Super Bowl in Big JumboTron Stadium! HTTR, and F-Dallas!

Posted by: monk811 | September 9, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Let's see if this one will go through...

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 9:32 AM |

Red, WaPo must be having problems with their computers. My post was gobbled up and it contained nothing indecent. Oh well !

Posted by: hessone | September 9, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

The Post's yearly predict the season.

I voted with the majority apparently on all games except the Eagles game on Oct 3rd & the Giants game at the end of the year. GO ME!

Posted by: alex35332 | September 9, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: smokeybear2

See this is what I'm talking about. Did Hall butt rape your sister or something?

Listen dude, when I say "90% of America" I'm talking about those who follow football. And given the the publicity Vick's trial received even those who don't follow football now know who Mike Vick is.

Again, within the realm of football, I have no doubt that people know about the Hall/Vick connection. Both came from the same area, both went to VA Tech, both played for the Falcons. I'd go so far as to say that they're friends.

Your retort is flawed dude.

If you look at the facts instead of getting all emotional about Hall, you'd know this. But something tells me that you do anyway, and just want to hate for the sake of hating.

Aren't you due in California to spread awareness about forest fires or some sh*t?

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Let's see if this one will go through...

Posted by: RedDMV | September 9, 2010 9:32 AM |

Posted by: hessone | September 9, 2010 10:11 AM

Gettin errors lately that I posted too recently...and to try again later...even though I hadn't posted for hours? Anyone else??

Posted by: PlayAction | September 9, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

PampaTex

"Wish I could be in DC to see you clowns flying Cowboys flags on your cars after you lose."

I choose to wear my Cowboys' flag.

It's a Fruit of the Loom tighty-whitey, size 42.

There's a permanent skid mark running right down the middle.

I'd tell you about the Big Blue Star in front.

But I think you know about that already.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 9, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Hall gets dogged because he has been a poor tackler with numerous examples to back that claim. Anybody that thinks his only poor tackling example was the Delhomme play is out of their frickin mind.

Outside of tackling, Hall has been a great player for the Skins.

Additionally, at the time of Hall's signing he was the second highest paid player on the Skins, with only Albert Haynesworth surpassing him. For a team marred in a recent history of overpaying for players, Hall was another prime example of following the same trend. Hall is a very good, if not great player, but he should not be the second most valuable player on any winning team's roster.

Posted by: psps23 | September 9, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe you guys are still engaging these Cowdungs fans...UFB...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 9, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Best I can tell the "D" in D'Angelo has stood for D-bag for all the reasons that Brownwood pointed out. But I wanna buy in. I wanna love him. The Burgundy and Gold is far bigger than any one player, even those named Jurgensen, Riggins, Monk, etc. Far bigger than an overpaid 26 yr old corner who been with the team less than 2 yrs. Make me a believer 23- we need you.

p.s. does it strike anyone else as hard to believe that he is only 26 (turns 27 in Oct/Nov)? seems like dude's been around forever. happens when you come out at 20 I guess

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 9, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse