Trent Williams is getting up to speed

With the addition of offensive tackle Jammal Brown, there was initially some speculation about whether the Redskins would move rookie Trent Williams to the right side. Instead, it appears Brown, a Pro Bowl left tackle in New Orleans, will play on that side while the rookie gets his chance to protect Donovan McNabb's blind side.

After the Redskins' final minicamp on Thursday, Williams talked about his progress in the offense and said he is growing much more comfortable with the speed of play in the NFL.

"Nah, I've acclimated, for me it's like second nature now," Williams said. "I give a lot of credit to the coaches because they simplify it a lot so it's not much thinking to do. We go over so much and I just know my assignment and go out there and try to perfect it as much as possible."

Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan said he has been impressed by Williams' continued improvement.

"He looks like what we thought we were getting. I've been impressed with his mentality. He's been working hard. It doesn't seem too big for him. If he continues, I think he'll be what we expected him to be," Shanahan said.

Williams will have the opportunity to prepare for some of the edge rushers he sees in the NFC East, and one of the formations. The Dallas Cowboys employ a 3-4 front similar to the one the Redskins are installing, and the pressure they bring off the edge causes many teams problems.

In practice, the first round draft pick out of Oklahoma is facing the edge rushing of last year's Pro Bowl rookie, Brian Orakpo.

"He's very athletic and very hard to deal with and he gets to stand up and they give him freedom," Williams said when asked about facing the new 3-4 front. "It's pretty tough to deal with and I'm glad I got a chance to get used to it in minicamp because I think it'll help me out as far as I go in the season and go up against the premier pass rushers."

The final Redskins rookie yet unsigned, Williams likely will wait as other first round draft picks sign their contracts. He recently fired agent Eugene Parker, but said he did not expect he would hold out come training camp, if he could avoid it.

"I can't guarantee that it won't be a minor holdout, but I guarantee it won't be more than a day if I do," Williams said. "They got me with the first group so I really can't afford to miss any practice. I stressed that to my agent and [we'll] see if we can get me to camp on time."

By Paul Tenorio  |  June 22, 2010; 10:00 AM ET
Categories:  Trent Williams
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Grossman already comfortable with the system
Next: Chad Rinehart found guilty of public intox

Comments

Not hoping to be first, just the best.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 22, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Bravo.. my good man!

Posted by: iubiquity | June 22, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Bravo.. my good man!

Posted by: iubiquity | June 22, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Bravo.. my good man!

Posted by: iubiquity |

For the record, this comment was directed at Williams... you know.. someone important!

Posted by: iubiquity | June 22, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

I hope TW is a beast his rookie year, ala Ryan Clady.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Repost:

Moe, like I've said since Day 1...if AH was about winning, he'd still be in Nashville. He's about getting the money and doing what he already knows so he can play on cruise control. Learning the intracacies of the 3-4 ain't on his docket...

And don't make VJack look worse than he is...he, like many other young players getting screwed out free agency because of the lack of a new CBA, is pissed that he's getting a fraction of the money he'd be getting in either an extension with the Chargers or on the open market. Not exactly refusing to play in a new system because the new coach isn't a pushover.

But here's an angle that supports your trade: AH might like playing for a coach (Norv) that's every bit the milquetoast that Zorn is...

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 10:13 AM

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

"He looks like what we thought we were getting."

A big smelly dude with long hair and shoulder pads?

Posted by: edvar | June 22, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Trent will be fine. Just hope he doesn't miss even a minute of training camp...that's the LAST thing we need right now.

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Always thought that Sexy Rexy would be little more than training camp fodder... that is, somebody who could help school the other "real" QB prospects on the finer points of young Mr. Shanahan's offensive scheme... but also someone who would never actually run the risk starting a regular season game for the beloved home team.

Also thought that the team would continue to build depth at the skilled positions and make some of these over the hill has-beens redundant.

While it's fully a month away from the start of training camp... am now starting to worry about the lack of viable alternatives to starting Rexy and/or Colt if and when the Donovan goes down.

Posted by: Vic1 | June 22, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Not putting Trent Williams in the HOF just yet, but I think the 'skins got a damn good LT.

Dude seems like he's got what it takes, mentally and physically to be someone good for a very long time.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Trent's comments made me realize another benefit of the J. Brown trade.

The Redskins can use him as leverage in getting T. Williams signed on-time and at the right price. If the agent starts playing hard ball then the Redskins have the option of moving Brown to LT. It will be worth it for Williams to get signed on-time or else risk getting pushed to the right side.

Not sure if this is something that Shanahan/Allen thought about when they weighed the pros/cons of the trade, but it is a positive consequence of the trade regardless.

Posted by: HokiePaul | June 22, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

"Nah, I've acclimated, for me it's like second nature now," Williams said.

He seems a little over-confident to me. To say that he's acclimated to the NFL on the basis of some OTAs and a minicamp, without even a scrimmage under his belt, shows his inexperience. Anyone who's ever played can attest to the difference between summer practices and actual games, at any level. He, and all of us fans, should wait to judge his progress at least until training camp is underway.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | June 22, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1 | June 22, 2010 10:29 AM

And that's why Sage Rosenfels will be a Redskin. Fret not...

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Sounds like young Shanny is ready to co-sign that contract. Wonder if he's saying the same to Bruce and Dwarfie.

Posted by: Vic1 | June 22, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Given how honest TW was speaking about his troubles early on I've got to believe this isn't just towing the party line. Good stuff.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | June 22, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: HokiePaul | June 22, 2010 10:32 AM

Williams contract will be slotted to be more than the pick after him, less than the pick before him. Within that range, there's some wiggle room, but not much and the signing of Brown is irrelevant.

Posted by: greenback | June 22, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: HokiePaul | June 22, 2010 10:32 AM

Great point...but I'm not sure agents give a crap about that. They care about getting a good deal done so they look good to the next crop of young players in the years to come.

The only way we avoid that is if there's a strong indication that a rookie wage scale is truly on the horizon.

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 10:45 AM | Report abuse

I'm not too worried about T. Williams. I think we will be running the ball alot, so he can attack opposing DE and LB's instead of trying to defend them.

I think this will help alot.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Shanny Jr. praised the O-line before the team went out and acquired J. Brown, so I'm not sure how much of this puffery we can believe. If they keep TWill at left tackle through training camp, then we'll know what they REALLY think of him.

Posted by: rufus_t_firefly | June 22, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Agree ih8,

The best way to block edge rushers throughout the game is to keep decking them on running plays. It will be interesting to see whether he holds on to the LT position until the beginning of the season.

What does this mean for Edwin Williams and Stephon Heyer? Heyer as gained a ton of valuable experience and may actually be an asset in the lineman rotation at this point. Yes, no doubt, the line was terrible while he was starting, but is he worth keeping around at this point or willhe be cut prior to the season? Same thing with E. Williams - back-up center and guard - and also on the cheap. Does he amke the final roster as well? Has anyone done a projection of the OL (starters and Back-ups) recently in light of the recent moves?

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | June 22, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Silverback Gorilla in the concrete jungle...I'm the strongest around, you know how I get down.

Posted by: Rypien11 | June 22, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

"In an ideal world, you want a back up quarterback who is able to push the starter... and maybe even compete for the starting job himself... and not someone who is just content and complacent enough to hang around playing with the third stringers and practice squad.

Posted by: Vic1 | June 22, 2010 10:29 AM"

In an ideal world, you want a back-up QB that can prepare for quality spot-duty in games with the absolute minimum amount of repetitions necessary during the practice week. The last thing you want is your back-up QB taking any sort of reps from the starter in training and preparation beyond the allotted time for the starter's arm to rest. A QB maximizes his ability through repetition -- taking snaps away from the starter in the name of competition for the back-up would be purposefully shooting yourself in the foot. This is why QB competitions never last beyond training camp, and if they do, the team almost always struggles as a result.

Posted by: psps23 | June 22, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

I've missed a lot of the last week over here, but the Jamaal Brown trade was a STEAL for us.

All of a sudden, a major weakness on the team became a big strength. Funny how these things work out. Ideally, should everyone be healthy, this line could come out looking better than the line that started the first 8 games of 2008 -- under which CP ran for over 1000 yards in half a season.

I'll try to control the optimism here, but it's hard when you're potentially looking at 2 pro-bowl tackles on one line.

Posted by: psps23 | June 22, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

One significant advantage, though, is that several of the "Murderer's Row" of DEs that some posters have said that TWill might be facing this season (Freeney of the Colts, J. Allen of the Vikes and M. Williams of the Texans) will be playing at FedEX, on grass instead of turf, and where crowd noise shouldn't be a factor. Still, it'll be a tough row to hoe.

Posted by: rufus_t_firefly | June 22, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

"Shanny Jr. praised the O-line before the team went out and acquired J. Brown, so I'm not sure how much of this puffery we can believe."

True to a degree.

False praise and honest assessment are the common denominators to good coaching.

And it works in the bedroom, too.

Example:

"Did I do that right, honey?"

"It was the best I ever had, but the next time, try not choking so much."

"We got drills you can do to improve your gag reflexes, baby."

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 22, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | June 22, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

I think our offensive line will be very good next year.

2 potential pro-bowlers, maybe 3 with Dockery has me licking my chops.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Welcome back psps23...and right on both fronts, my friend. I haven't been this excited over Redskins football in years...

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

"One significant..(is the).. "Murderer's Row" of DEs that some posters have said that TWill might be facing this season (Freeney of the Colts, J. Allen of the Vikes and M. Williams of the Texans).

But remember, folks, once camp starts, T Williams will be facing Andre Carter and Brian Orakpo every day in practice.

And if AH shows up, he plays d-end, too.

T Williams will be fine.

The receivers are what worries me.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 22, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

I wouldn't neccesarily call it a 'steal'.

He may be a one year rental for a 3rd rounder.

That doesn't sound like a steal to me. He's behaving good right now, but next year, he may want LT $$. especially if TWill ain't doing so great and he gets put back over to the LT side....

This is wait-n-see.

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Will be interesting to see who his new agent is? I know Eugene Parker was a guy whose clients have been involved in long holdouts (Michael Crabtree)

Posted by: moseley_brian | June 22, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Am not interested in seeing a QB competition or controversy -- or having anyone stealing snaps from the annointed one.

Am just hoping that the team finds a viable alternative for the near certain eventuality that Donovan will go down at some point in the season for an undetermined amount of time. As it stands, neither back up inspires much hope or confidence.

Am also concerned that Colt and Rexy may be thinking they've already earned their spots on the roster -- and thus are only really contending for placement on the depth chart -- which also happens to be a battle that neither is going to take too seriously, because either outcome will result in the same basic numbers written on their game checks.

Posted by: Vic1 | June 22, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

psps is right after watching what we all saw last year from the ol williams and brown give us so much more to look forward to that it really does make it hard to control the optimism even though we all know sometimes it takes baby steps to come back from a 4 and 12 season. I am glad albert skipped out on us because if he was here playing the optimism would definitely be uncontrollable. After looking at both line on paper if he was here we could have the best of both lines in our division

Posted by: mudman220 | June 22, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

2 potential pro-bowlers, maybe 3 with Dockery has me licking my chops.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 11:20 AM

ih8 to be a wet blanket on your chop licking, but I think Dockery is here on borrowed time. He's a big mauler, not the quick, athletic types that fit the zone blocking scheme. He's here cuz he has to be, not because he's in the long term plans.

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

He'll be fine. So I'll dry off now.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Trent Williams will definitely be ready week 1 versus Dallas. Not only will he see a 3-4 defense everyday in practice, but all 4 of the redskins' preseason games are against 3-4 teams.

Posted by: nfcBEaST | June 22, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

nfcBEaST = New Kool Aid drinker?

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Bank sues Albert Haynesworth for $2.4 million
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 22, 2010 11:29 AM ET
A Tennessee bank is suing Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, alleging that he has failed to make payments on a loan.

The Knoxville News Sentinel reports that Clayton Bank & Trust sued Haynesworth in connection with missed payments on a $2.38 million loan.

The bank is asking for more than $2.4 million, which includes the amount of the loan, unpaid interest and late charges.

The bank reportedly made the loan in June of 2009, three months after Haynesworth signed a $100 million contract to leave the Titans for the Redskins. Haynesworth has already made $32 million from the Redskins.

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

iH8dallas, I'm not saying Dock can't play, just saying that he doesn't exactly fit what the Skins are doing now. He's here because he's better than the alternative, but you best believe one of the priorities going into 2011 is to get a bit leaner and more athletic at LG and center.

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

The receivers are what worries me.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 22, 2010 11:22 AM

If Vincent Jackson eventually hits the block, he sure would be a welcomed sight in burgundy and gold.

Posted by: TWISI | June 22, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: coparker5 | June 22, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Bring back Michael Westbrook......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 22, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

"Nah, I've acclimated, for me it's like second nature now," Williams said.

Acclimated to what? The weather? You've been playing in SHORTS, man! Once you've played a few games against NFC East DEs you can call yourself 'acclimated'. Until then, Trent, keep your nose in the playbook, hit the weight room, and do whatever the hell your coaches tell you.

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | June 22, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Albert Connell is only 36, maybe he deserves another look. I mean, if Favre can do it...

Posted by: RomoLongballs | June 22, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

What a D.B
PFT
Bank sues Albert Haynesworth for $2.4 million
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 22, 2010 11:29 AM ET

Posted by: suliman007_4 | June 22, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Yikes Silverback. You don't know if the Skins are going to try to lowball you. You just saw how Shanny played Haynesworth - "...he took the check blah blah blah...". You don't think that Shanny will do the same to you - "Williams said he'd only hold out 1 day, well its been a week now, we've made a fair offer, if he wants to be here blah blah blah..."

Posted by: coparker5 | June 22, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Here is the receiver problem:

We had a crappy QB and a worse coach last year.

It's like having a good PG on a basketball team: He can make mediocre players look great b/c he can feed them at the right time. just think of Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, etc.

Donovan McNabb had success with Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, LJ Smith, Hank Baskett, Jason Avant and so on.

Our receiving corps is better than that, esp. at the tight end spot.

Trust me, we'll be fine.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

bring Taylor Jacobs in for a look see...unless he still has that concussion....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 22, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Bank sues Albert Haynesworth for $2.4 million
lol he was unhappy with the terms of the loan and stayed away from mandatory payments in protest.

Posted by: suliman007_4 | June 22, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Wow...AH going back on his word? Shocker...

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

That Darkerian fella might deserve another shot...

Posted by: RomoLongballs | June 22, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

bring Taylor Jacobs in for a look see...unless he still has that concussion....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 22, 2010 11:55 AM

That wasn't a concussion...that was a mental block from becoming a productive NFL receiver...

I know it's not exactly popular around here, but TO is still available...

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

So, AH takes out a $2m loan 3 months after signing a record-setting deal? Yep, he'll be broke before he's 40.

Posted by: stevek20147 | June 22, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Our receiving corps is better than that, esp. at the tight end spot.

Trust me, we'll be fine.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 11:54 AM

I think this is the most underrated value of DMac...he's played with a clusterf*ck of mediocrity at WR thru most of his career. I have a hard time believing the guys we have is substantially worse than the list above. I mean, the only guy on that list who got a job elsewhere above 2nd string was L.J. Smith. We don't necessarily need a 100-catch kinda guy at WR, 3 guys who can get you 50 will do fine here. And I think we have 3 50-catch guys on the roster.

However, that's a different scenario if Moss is down for any extended period.

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: stevek20147 | June 22, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

I hope that stripper takes him for that 10 million.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

"Nah, I've acclimated, for me it's like second nature now," Williams said.

Posted by: diesel_skins_

You along with a few others are some of the most pessimistic people up here. Good lawd, if he said something along the lines that he's coming along slowly, you'd be all over it. Probably screaming at the top of your keyboard about how he's gonna be a bust and how they should have drafted Okung...

But no. The man said the RIGHT thing, and you still give him sh*t. What would you have liked to hear from him that you felt you couldn't be critical on?

There isn't ever any let up with you pessimistic types. It's always complain, criticize, TYPE IN ALL CAPS, express how you have the right to be critical, confess how you've followed the team since a dime bag was a dime...

Do you have any other settings other than NEGATIVE?

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Guys, I'm excited too that it looks like TWil is makin his way to that ceiling of his supposedly is up there. Do we think he will have the year Ryan Clady had his rookie year for shanny??? I believe that was zero sacks. Only 2 the next yr. If TWill can produce something similar id say Pro Bowl all the way.

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | June 22, 2010 12:10 PM | Report abuse

I know it's not exactly popular around here, but TO is still available...

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 12:03 PM
------------------------------------------
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo......!
I'm pretty sure Shanny and Allen wouldn't even go there. They already have one over-inflated ego to deal with and that is not going so well. Plus, TO will still want to get paid and the Redskins front office is now very fiscally responsible. Still, desperation makes men do silly things, so I wouldn't totally rule it out. If TO gets signed by Washington, then you have to believe the current wide receiver corps is really, really, really bad.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 22, 2010 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Teams still respect Moss' ability to go deep, and they will still roll coverage his direction.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: stevek20147 | June 22, 2010 12:05 PM

Between the motorboats, speeding tickets, and the inability to nail down another gig, he might be broke by the time he's 30...

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Do you have any other settings other than NEGATIVE?

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

I have to admit I looked sideways at the "second nature" comment myself. I remember Orakpo from last year saying he felt pretty comfortable through preseason only to be introduced to a whole new and unfamiliar gear in the regular season. And he struggled the first couple games. And Trent is currently talking about minicamp. Just sayin...

That said, it is good to hear all parties involved say he is what they thought he was.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | June 22, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

As a Redskin fan, I'm seriously upset with Albert Haynesworth, but as a human being I can't help wondering if we're watching this guy implode... and it's pretty damned sad. Every little bit of bad news reinforces that notion. Ugh.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | June 22, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

They are selling Colt Jerseys for $20...

How do I go about getting the name changed to McNAbb????

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: stevek20147 | June 22, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

I hope that stripper takes him for that 10 million.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 12:09 PM
So Haynesworth has bailed on the Titans, the Redskins and his team made,hit and run and left the man to die, his baby-mama, and now the bank? What am missing ???

Posted by: suliman007_4 | June 22, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

I know it's not exactly popular around here, but TO is still available...

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 22, 2010 12:03 PM

I am very much on board with T.O. coming here......

Give him a 2 year contract with $3Mil base salaries and escalaors to can push it up to $5Mil....

It will happen.....

I am just waiting to see that Joes vs. Pros episode to see how well they actually got along.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1

Umm. Not in the NFL. Starters are only competing on teams with a bad QB situation. Backups compete with other backups to ensure a roster spot.

The ideal situation is a very good starter and a career backup who can step in and win a game in a pinch. A backup who has his eyes on starting is not a great backup.

Posted by: srobert1117 | June 22, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Okay here goes:

Trent Williams is an IDIOT for having confidence in his abilities. What a utter FOOL ass bama this dude is for even saying something that stupid.

Donovan McNabb will be hurt during the season. Book it! He'll miss a total of eight games, and that leaves us with Wrecks Grossman. *ugh* oh, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 'skins will be lucky if they finish with 5 wins this year. I just don't see McNabb holding up due to the amount of pass rushers Trent Williams will have to take on...

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Bank sues Albert Haynesworth for $2.4 million

I suppose He is unhappy with the terms of the loan and stayed away from mandatory payments in protest.

Posted by: leevi98 | June 22, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

lol, that's more like it Red.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | June 22, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

All of this stuff that Haynesworth is going through - this sounds like a cry for help. I don't want to summon any demons or anything, but this is the kind of stuff that pushes someone over the edge.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 22, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

good start red, you could also throw in that this is the, "same old snyder" to complete the circle....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 22, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Okay here goes:

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

And to add to that:

We keep giving up draft picks, $nyder is still running the show, with Cerrato whispering in his ear.

Until he dies we will be mediocre.

We have no receivers, no LB's, no safeties, no corners, old RB's, no stadium, no equipment, FedEx Field doesn't even exist, it's a figment of my imagination.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Our receiving corps is better than that, esp. at the tight end spot.

Trust me, we'll be fine.

Posted by: iH8dallas
Early on in his career he played with average WRs. About the equivalent of what he has this year. His receivers last year were far far far superior than anything he is going to see on the skins this year. Celek is a pro bowl tight end, so it is not like he has better TEs in DC. Yes Davis is probably better than whoever is backing up Celek. Celek = Cooley is a wash. DeSean Jackson and Maclin are far better than anything on the skins roster. Avant is probably better than anything on the skins roster and he is their #3. McNabb had very good dual threat rbs his entire philly career. He will not have that this year in DC. Philly's oline last year will probably be slightly better than the Skins this year.

Posted by: srobert1117 | June 22, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

"We got drills you can do to improve your gag reflexes, baby."

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 22, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Practice, practice, practice. Just like OTA's.

Posted by: frediefritz | June 22, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Okay here goes:

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 12:27 PM
-------------------------------------------
Let me throw another log on this fire:

-Moss will get suspended for using HGH.

-Albert will report to camp at 430 pounds with a scuba tank of oxygen strapped to his back and will be arrested for defaulting on strippers' child support and bank loans.

-On the first play from scrimmage all of the defensive linemen and linebackers will run into each other because the 3-4 is too confusing...

-Portis, Johnson, and Parker will all be suspended by the league for violating the drug policy when they are caught free basing geritol in the old storage building behind the field...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 22, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Red, Ih8...I was really enjoying the kool-aid party today.

Don't get those that say "nay" all riled up ;)

Posted by: stevek20147 | June 22, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

REPOSTED BECAUE THIS IS IMPORTANT STUFF:

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection

That screen name is SO immature and Juvnile!!

Sincerely,

Mike Hunt

Posted by: TheCork | June 22, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Bring back Michael Westbrook......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

.....To beat up Albert Haynesworth

Posted by: Predator48 | June 22, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: srobert1117 | June 22, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Cooley>Celek

Cooley has been consistently great since he got in the league, Celek has had what, 1 good season.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

I am very much on board with T.O. coming here......

It will happen.....

Posted by: 4thFloor

Of course, because haven't we all learned from the Haynesworth episode is character doesn't count and that guys with bad attitudes only bring good things to the next team lucky enough to get them.

Disgruntled players are disgruntled when they're overpaid, a la Haynesworth, and especially disgruntled when they are underpaid.

TO doesn't deserve escalator, he deserves an elevator, one with an open door and no car in the shaft.

Posted by: TheCork | June 22, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

All is lost, the sky is falling. Why even play? Just send them to the four corners and call the season a wash.

And I thought they were going to the super bowl this year, oh well...

What's that one team Doug Williams is GM'ing down in Norfolk? I think I'll follow them. When does their season start?

RSH, what is this Geritol base you speak of? What is it's potency?

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

And Donovan McNabb will be in the middle of that collision. Also, when Albert Haynesworth walks 50 feet he will collapse on the golfcart carrying Bruce Allen and Mike Shannahan, which will cause Dan Snyder to rehire Vinny C. on an emergency basis.

Posted by: RedskinJim1 | June 22, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

I'm sure Kyle Shanahan is familiar with Kyle Shanahan's offensive system. Maybe Kyle Shanahan should be the back-up QB.

Posted by: JohnnyRyde | June 22, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

The Norfolk Naysayers, and whatever their colors are...I bleed them.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | June 22, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

T.O. and these supposed Character issues are overblown.

He had none last year. No attitudes. He played on a sucky team with Campbell like QBs and didn't complain.

If you put in the escalators, all that means is he'll have to work hard to get his money......

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Its the new 5 o'clock club!

Posted by: Predator48 | June 22, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Okay here goes:

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

And to add to that:

Until he dies we will be mediocre.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Im getting confused as to the real problems and the fake problems now.

Posted by: Stu27 | June 22, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

T.O. and these supposed Character issues are overblown.

Posted by: 4thFloor |

Okay, you're TO. You're on a fairly good team with financial escalators in your contract. You've had issues with your QB before. All is well and good you say, like an abusive husband might to convince his spouse he's reformed.

So, the more passes you catch, the more money your make.

Now, you tell me, what happens when the offense and TO's declining skills mean other receivers are more open and build more confidence in McNabb as targets.

TO isn't getting enough balls--an issues he constantly has beeyotched about that in the past. Old TO returns.

3rd and goal late in the game TD wins it. TO needs one more catch for a big bonus. McNabb sees he's covered, throws to a wide open Cooley for a TD.

Do you join the celebration? Do you sulk? Do you scream at McNabb claiming you could have caught the ball?

I'm for second chances. Artest saw a shrink and straighteend himself out. He's a positive forc,e and got the Lakers the win. But TO has had 3rd and 4th chances. He is NOT the missing element that brings this team an SB or deep into the playoffs, and the risk and downside are too high.

And he's an egocentric show off who risked his health by "performing" for a TMA paparazzi. He made the move successfully, but easily could have blown out his knee. Signs of a desperate, self-promoting me-firster aware he is losing it, and feeling the unlove. Skins don't need that kind of trouble IMO.

Make hiom someone else's problem.

Posted by: TheCork | June 22, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Stu, what Albert Haynesworth has are real problems. What we in the RI commenting community have are fake problems.

Did that help?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | June 22, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | June 22, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Soooo,

Without writing 9 paragraphs....

We disagree to agree....

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse
_____________________________

WOW... just WOW... I guess Albert does do whatever the F he wants. Dude is a fricken loser of a man... I don't care how much $$ he has.

Posted by: tony325 | June 22, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Ryan O'Hallaran's initial guess at the 53 man roster. It's early, but there are some interesting comments from him regarding the RB, WR, and Safety groups.

Posted by: TWISI | June 22, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

I see Al on an ESPN 30 for 30 special in a few years. Similar to the one they did on Joe Frazier.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | June 22, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

RSH, what is this Geritol base you speak of? What is it's potency?

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 1:02 PM
------------------------------------------
We older guys were first turned on to free basing Geritol from the old king of the crackheads himself, Lawrence Welk. Young dudes like CP probably snort the stuff raw - no appreciation for the old ways.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 22, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | June 22, 2010 1:55 PM
-------------------------------------------
TWISI,
Thanks for the link. I pretty much agree with the roster although I think there will be some wildcards thrown in there like free agent signings and trades. I think Heyer sticks or gets traded. Even though he blocks like a broken shutter, he still has experience at left tackle and there isn't a lot of that floating around, so the team won't just let him walk. I would like to see Andre Carter get traded just because he's a good guy and he clearly is better off in a 4-3. Other than that, I can clearly see that roster - even down to Horton being crowded out of playing time...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 22, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

I'm actually excited about our LB situation.

I think Lorenzo becomes even more of a bada$$ this year.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | June 22, 2010 1:55 PM

He was doing this for the Times too. The thing is, this is maybe 80% on, but I gaurentee there atleast 4 players not on the roster that makes the first 53.

1. T.O.
2. RB from Supplementel Draft
3. & 4. - People cut from other teams

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

There are several potential HOF or high quality secondary types in the league.

Consider:

Ed Reed

Darren Sharper

Ronde Barber

Charles Woodsen

Brain Dawkins

Champ Bailey

Asante Samuel

Troy Polamalu

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 21, 2010 5:51 PM |

Your listage does not inclusion the best DB there is right now, the name guy Nnamedi Asomugha. No other DB is even close to him performance-wise, although at $12+ M Al is overpaying him a bit. $12+ M is elite QB salary territory.

Posted by: SnakerJake | June 22, 2010 4:15 AM | Report abuse

people throw HOF round too easy these days..

I recently had a long conversation with Darrell Green bout the HOF when I worked with him for 3 days down in orlando a few months back.

It started cause i asked him...Do you think Sean Taylor was headed for the HOF? He said "that term is used too loosely these days. Sean was a great talent but to say HOFamer is a stretch. You have to play at a high level day in and day out for years. If sean would have continued to play the way he was his last season ..then maybe...but it's so hard to say. So many have come before that deserve to be in and most have lost sight of that"

i think many on this list are not HOfamers...they are good players but HOF? I see a few that may get in but Bailey? Come on where do ya get HOF from him? What has he really done in his career? Other than getting a rep for being a good corner...i do not think he is a great corner. Maybe Ed Reed, Darren Sharper but the rest? Barber? c'mon

Posted by: leevi98 | June 22, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we as fans should take out a class action lawsuit against Haynesworth for abuse and mental anguish and that way the whole world can be suing fatty at once.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | June 22, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Charles Woodson is a HOFer

but you are right Leevi, except for putting Sharper in the convo...

Ed Reed, Woodson, and Namdi (if he continues this stretch he's putting in).

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Cris Carter in so many words said the Redskins offseason sucked.

I'm sure the "more of the same from Snyder" crowd will lap this up like an alcoholic does spilled beer.

Never mind what he had to say made ZERO sense... but whatever, it's Cris Carter.

Shouldn't someone be b*ching about him not being in the hall of fame. It's been 20 minutes.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Charles Woodson is a HOFer

but you are right Leevi, except for putting Sharper in the convo...

Ed Reed, Woodson, and Namdi (if he continues this stretch he's putting in).

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

that was a typo 4th I meant to say Woodson instead of sharper

Posted by: leevi98 | June 22, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

4th...I also stand by i do not believe Nnamedi Asomugha is a HOFamer to this point...what has he done to be in the HOF? 11 Ints in 7 years as a CB is really not very good. He is very good tackler though...i don't think that is HOF creditials

Posted by: leevi98 | June 22, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

"which NFC teams had the best and worst offseasons.
Golic said the Lions had the best. Carter chose Minnesota"

Red, see the above for all you need to know about Carter...homer...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 22, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

I actually think we have a better offensive line situation than the other NFC East teams.

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Cris Carter in so many words said the Redskins offseason sucked.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 2:38 PM
-----------------------------------------
F_Cris Carter
He's basing this solely on the Haynesworth story? The guy is a moron. The funny thing is, the Haynesworth thing could still work out okay and then how stupid does Carter look? He's just sore ath the Redskins because Monk got in the HOF and he didn't.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 22, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Haynesworth is only a distraction if he comes into camp...Redskins should quickly and quietly find any team willing to take him off our hands and be done with the mess. Danny hopefully learned a valuable less about exorbinant contracts and Haynesworthy was only here for the money. He would have been asking to be traded even if they agreed to use the 4-3.

Posted by: wizfan89 | June 22, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Brian Dawkins isn't HOF material?

Shieeeet, Reed will never catch Dawkins in total tackles, passes defended, and forced fumbles.

Only thing Reed has Dawkins on is INTs, and the difference is only 10.

Dawkins has had the better career when compared to Ed Reed's.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 2:50 PM
------------------------------------------
On paper. We haven't seen all fo the pieces together in action.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 22, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Dawkins has had the better career when compared to Ed Reed's.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 2:57 PM

That's shows that Ed Reed Studies the film more intensely/concisly/more period.

Dawkins will be on the outside looking in as it currently stands. DBs don't get judged by tackles.

@Leevi - No one throws it to Namdi's side, that's why his stat's are low.

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Red, c'mon now. Dawkins has played 14 seasons. Reed has played 8. Dawkins has played greater than twice as many games as Reed.

Reed has already smoked Dawkins in INTs, return yards, and TDs in less than half the career time. Reed has averaged more tackles per season and more tackles per game than Dawkins. Reed has more passes defensed per season and more passes defensed per game than Dawkins. Reed has consistently led a better defense than Dawkins, in both rankings and production. Reed has a DPOY on his belt.

In fact, the only things Dawkins has over Reed are forced fumbles, sacks, and career longevity (no small feat, but incomplete due to their continuing careers).

Dawkins is a hell of a safety and one of the best of this generation.

Reed will go down as one of the top 5 safeties of all-time.

It's like the difference between Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb. Dawkins is a step below Ed Reed on the historical safety-ladder.

Posted by: psps23 | June 22, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: coop2401 | June 22, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Ed Reed, Polumalu, Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson are HOF players.

Brian Dawkins is borderline.

A very outside shot is given to Ronde Barber.

Everyone else is way too young to guess.

Posted by: psps23 | June 22, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

^^^Polumalu would be in that 'too young category' as well, if that's the case....

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

what about John Lynch?

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | June 22, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Ed Reed will be in the Hall of Fame. What you do in the post season says alot about your getting elected.

No way Dawkins has better value stats than Ed Reed.

I would think that TD's and interceptions would be a big factor.

To date, he has 7 interceptions in 7 career post-season games.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | June 22, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

With Williams, Hicks, Brown, and the 2 draftees on the roster, Rinehart and Heyer are gone, gone, gone...

Posted by: Rypien11 | June 22, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Eh, Polumalu is a year younger than Reed. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt by being the namesake player on what has been arguably the greatest defensive team of the decade, and (most importantly) already having 2 SB rings. Super Bowls easily give the most clout to HOF credentials aside from MVPs, and Polumalu has already earned his two. That, along with being the most recognizable and best player on those defenses, gives Polumalu the lock in my book.

Posted by: psps23 | June 22, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Here's some new news for today.

Just in from PFT:

Posted by: coop2401 | June 22, 2010 3:15 PM
------------------------------------------
Is this something he could be suspended for? I mean, in my book, this is pretty petty when you've got other players running over people while DUI.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 22, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Co-sign

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | June 22, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

"...people throw HOF round too easy these days..."

True.

D. Green is right.

That's why the post says, "There are several potential HOF or high quality secondary types in the league."

And there are a lot of very high quality athletes playing in NFL secondarys these days who might not be HOF'ers.

We all know that the increased passing will give a lot of receivers and quarterbacks HOF type numbers, and, thus, put them in the conversation when they might not necessarily be of the right caliber.

(An opposite consequence of the passing is that Emmitt Smith and LT might be the last running backs to amass the yardage to get considered.)

The same effect is on the defense where some superior athletes playing in the secondary who have longevity and solid numbers will have their names dropped into the HOF conversation.

Again:

Charles Woodsen, Ed Reed, Brian Dawkins, Ronde Barber, Champ Bailey, Troy Polamalu, and Champ Bailey have the years, numbers, and time to be in the HOF conversation.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 22, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Looks like the apple dosent fall to far from the tree in the Carter family. Duron Carter Chris Carters son is leaving OSU due to academic issues and going to Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College. Just a bit of a downgrade from the ohio state.

Posted by: Stu27 | June 22, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

* 5× Pro Bowl selection (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
* 2× 1st Team AP All-Pro selection (2005, 2008)
* 1x 2nd Team AP All-Pro selection (2004)
* 2× Super Bowl champion (XL, XLIII)
* “Joe Greene Great Performance Award” (2003)
* NFL 2000s All-Decade Team

Maybe not, he might make it in. I do believe I was wrong in my assessment of Troy, a few more good seasons and he should be in as well. I didnt equate the SB's into it, and 2 superbowls are big factor.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | June 22, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

* 5× Pro Bowl selection (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
* 2× 1st Team AP All-Pro selection (2005, 2008)
* 1x 2nd Team AP All-Pro selection (2004)
* 2× Super Bowl champion (XL, XLIII)
* “Joe Greene Great Performance Award” (2003)
* NFL 2000s All-Decade Team

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | June 22, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

YEah...but if that knee Fs him up...then that will be all he has....Then what?

Don't count your hamsters before their birthed....

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 22, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

'Dawkins has had the better career when compared to Ed Reed's.

INTs and run backs for TDs alone don't put you in the Hall of Fame. And lets face it, that's really all Ed Reed is known for.'

Ha ha. You can't be serious. Ask any OC which safety they worry about playing and without a doubt they will tell you Ed Reed. He is a game changer. Dawkins has been a very good safety for a long time but he never has been on the level of Reed. Ed Reed is known for his INTs and TDs because that is what everyone sees on ESPN. Any analyst will tell you he is a complete safety.

Posted by: srobert1117 | June 22, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

I think Curtis Martin should be a first ballot HOFer

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Troy may not have the longevity to join the other names that were tossed around. The last few seasons he has had some injury problems, played though them in the last few years but couldnt suit up for most of last season. He is the kind of player that plays to hard for his own good sometimes. But if he can stay on the field for a good 3-5 season of productivity he will be a lock.

Ed Reed gets in the HOF for those TD returns. I would think he has to be the leader amongst D points scored and int return yardage. But he also needs a few more years of top notch service.
Both players still have to work for it.

Posted by: Stu27 | June 22, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

"Cris Carter in so many words said the Redskins offseason sucked."

Cris Carter's biggest issue is remaining sober.

Ignore him and ESPN.

I do.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 22, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Darrelle Revis

he's the best playing now IMO

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | June 22, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rypien11 | June 22, 2010 3:28 PM
------------------------------------------
Not so fast. The team will keep 9 to 10 offensive linemen on the roster. Rinehart and Heyer could easily make the roster. Who are the two tackle backups? Capers and... Hicks? Hicks could take up a guard slot. Who are the two backup guards? I think it could be Hicks and Rinehart. Backup center would be Edwin Williams. The team could elect to keep 9, which leaves one man out, but, given BMW and JB's injury history, I have to think 10 is a better number...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 22, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Haynesworth needed a loan? For what?

Anyway I keep having these mercenary thoughts about AH, like the fact that if AH can't be bothered to pay off a bank loan, he's mentally gone off the reservation, which hopefully means he won't come to camp or if he shows won't be able to hack it, meaning Skins have a decent chance to get some of their money back.

F Albert -- Keep Albert

But TO to the Redskins? Wow, just reading that I have to go throw up now.

Posted by: Pepper5 | June 22, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

"...what about John Lynch?"

He has a ring.

He played on one of the best defensive teams of the decade, the '01-'02 Bucs.

He has the years and was a force as a player.

He's a solid citizen.

Throw his name in the HOF conversation.

But, as with the others, just having his name in the conversation doesn't make him a HOF'er.

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 22, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | June 22, 2010 3:36 PM
----------------------------------------
Yeah, fewer perks from the alumni at a Community College...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 22, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

best db i meant

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | June 22, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Both players still have to work for it.

Posted by: Stu27

He is in already even if he does not take another snap. 8 years in the league. 6x All Pro. Not just pro bowl but All Pro. Defensive player of the year.

Troy P has a few years left in order to make it. he only has 2 or 3 all pros and does not have DPOY.

Longevity is not as important in the NFL as it is in say baseball.

Posted by: srobert1117 | June 22, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

A BROWN at LT and it ain't LEVI - SWEET! Things are looking up already!

Predicted O-line starters and back-ups:

ROBINSON

MY HOPE NOTS:

MONTGOMERY
"Chin-whiskers" RINEHART
HEYER

Posted by: glawrence007 | June 22, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

"Haynesworth needed a loan?"

Forbes magazine has recently published the Most 10 Hated Pro Athletes.

Rank these names--non- athletes included-- according to most undesired to completely rotten:

Alex Rodriguez

Mike Vick

Tom Cruise

Albert Haynesworth

JaMarcus Russell

Sammy Sosa

Scott Boras

Manny Ramirez

Jesse James

Terrell Owens

Moe says that Sammy Sosa has to be the most despised as a guy who screws up by taking steriods shouldn't compound his issues by messing up something as beautiful as the skin color God gave him.

See for yourself:

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 22, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse

"He seems a little over-confident to me. To say that he's acclimated to the NFL on the basis of some OTAs and a minicamp, without even a scrimmage under his belt, shows his inexperience.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | June 22, 2010 10:32 AM"

I think you're reading in to what he's saying just a little bit there, my man.

What I believe Williams is saying is; he has adjusted to the pace and the expectations of the scheme in which he will be playing. All of which he admitted was WAY over his head at his first practice snap.

You remember, the one where Williams CONFESSED to staying in his stance from after the snap and into the play, what with all the confusion and nerves when he was questioned during the post session interviews.

Which is DEFINITELY not the sign of an overconfident dude, right?

He's just expressing he's learning what is expected of him without having to stop and think about it first.

we should ALL be so lucky. :)

Posted by: ThinkingMan | June 22, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

So, the speed of the game is "second nature", Silverback? We'll see.

Here's a list of the DEs you'll be facing this season:

DeMarcus Ware
Mario Williams
Julius Peppers
Dwight Freeney
Aaron Kaumpman
Justin Tuck
Osi Umenyiora
Trent Cole
Robert Mathis
Jared Allen

You'd BETTER be ready, or D-Mac is gonna need a really good insurance plan...

Posted by: owiz | June 22, 2010 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Alex Rodriguez

Mike Vick

Tom Cruise

Albert Haynesworth

JaMarcus Russell

Sammy Sosa

Scott Boras

Manny Ramirez

Jesse James

Terrell Owens

See for yourself:

Posted by: MistaMoe | June 22, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Hmmmmmm, I'd have to go:

1. Tony Hayward (not on your list, but dude picked the wrong time for r&r)
2. Albert Haynesworth
3. Tom Cruise (is and always will be world class doosh bag)
4. Alex Rodriguez
5. Manny Ramirez
6. Mike Vick
7. Sammy Sosa (wow, a cheat and a fake)
8. Jesse James (cause my wife is looking over my shoulder)
9. Terrell Owens
10. Scott Boras (dude will continue to be a major pain in the ass)

Jemarcus doesn't make it, he's not hated so much as pitied.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | June 22, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: RomoLongballs | June 22, 2010 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Darrell Revis plays for a great D that pressures the QB. NA plays for an awful D with no pass rush and still shuts down the opposing #1. It's a lot easier to cover when you never have to do it longer than 3 seconds.

Posted by: withoutanet | June 22, 2010 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Silverback is starting to give off that Arrington-like arrogant vibe

Posted by: coparker5 | June 22, 2010 6:34 PM | Report abuse

psps23 - let's not start rubbin the chubby just yet on the tackle scene.....let's let TW play a game or two before we start talking pro bowls okay? Good God, what are you, 6? Let's let JBrown play some and see how he comes back from missing all of last year.
By the way, Portis was in the 900's...didn't have a grand after 8 games.

Posted by: DESkinzFan1 | June 22, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 22, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Now you're just being retarded. Maybe these guys actually PLAY A GAME TOGETHER before we start annointing them all that.

look - I've been a fan for almost 40 years, seen a lot of" we're this and we're that".....let's be excited for the new regime but let's be realistic too. Snyderatoo fostered a lot of dick cheese over the past decade...gonna take a little while to scrap it all away.

Posted by: DESkinzFan1 | June 22, 2010 7:17 PM | Report abuse

mcnabb had sucess with pinkston f. mitchell. LJ smith and h. baskett..that is NOT true none of the above were good receivers for mcnabb at all,pinkston avg at best mitchell too small and slow, baskett a joke, smith injured all the time. mcnabb only had a top receiver with t. owens and they went to SB. many of you racist and morons here are now complaining that you don't have a qb behind mcnabb and are running with your tail between your legs frightened if grossman or brennan must step in at some point or time you dismissed the destruction of this team by cerrato and snyder and blamed everything on campbell like the block-headed bigots you are..really funny because the first thing allen and shanahan started to address in free agency and draft was the O-LINE, I know I mentioned that about a million times last year. t. williams will be the best. philly o-line is NOT better than washington if they stay healthy. and if mcnabb gets injured it will be the fault of that weakling at center t. rabach.

Posted by: wathu19 | June 22, 2010 10:40 PM | Report abuse

coparker5: "Is Patrick Crayton available? He'd be an upgrade over Thomas, Kelly, Wade, Galloway, etc..."

You're kidding, right? Thomas is the only one who should make the team, but Crayton couldn't be more mediocre.

Posted by: DC2Dallas | June 22, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

That kind of thanking is the reason why players hold out for as much as they can get.
I can't get mad at Haynesworth because the NFL will use you up and not pay you. Worst you get hurt.
It takes a lot of heart if your a 190 pound RB to run into a 260 DE full force,for me you don't have enough money.
Beside the money most players make in the NFL is peanuts compared to MLB & NFL both who offer gurantee contracts.

Posted by: shamken | June 23, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse