Tuning in Air Vinny

Jason La Canfora writes:

With so much swirling in Redskin Nation these days, from the QB bashing to some Z-Man bashing to some Vinny bashing, we thought we'd listen to "Inside The Red Zone" today to get the top exec's take on things.

After the caller uprising on Monday's show, today's offering was much more tame. Vinny Cerrato doesn't take calls much on Fridays and this was a guest-heavy episode with a lot of college football talk.

Cerrato spoke about the changes that come with a night game, how he expects a low- scoring game and how important field position will be. He spoke a bit about the punter competition involving former Redskins in Green Bay and said of Ryan Plackemeier on Sunday night: "He's gotta have a big game." To put that in context, he was speaking about how important field position was going to be.

That was about it.

Oh, and there'll be no show Monday, after the Sunday night game.

By Cindy Boren  |  December 5, 2008; 12:14 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: An Unrestricted Look at Points
Next: Landry Has Calf Injury but Expects to Play

Comments

Skins 9, Ravens 6

Posted by: dcsween | December 5, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Hey Vinny,

Instead of talking about college football, how about watching some games lives and on tape to assess which you'll overrate and then draft?

You could always hire a GM, like the Giants did with Floyd Reese, and devote your time to yakkin' it up with the Redskins disgruntled fanbase.

Wow: field, and not scoring, is what's going to important this weekend. Go figure...

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 5, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Correction:

Skins 9, Ravens 6 (OT)

Posted by: dcsween | December 5, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

OK, Jason, finally a post about Vinny's show where you don't take any overt shots. It's funny how some actual REPORTING sticks out like a sore thumb around here.

Posted by: CPortisRun | December 5, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

If it comes down to punting, we've already lost!

Posted by: redryan400 | December 5, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

You can say that again!! Really is nice when it happens!

Posted by: Lacantwrite | December 5, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Police Again Take Issue With N.F.L. in Shooting

“Don’t try and make it sound like you notified us of a shooting and provided us with details; the press notified us,” Browne said.

“They weren’t making a notification, they weren’t calling to make a notification,” Browne said of the security officials. “They were calling in to see if we had heard.”

He added: “We deal with people who don’t provide us with information all the time, but they are usually career criminals.”

BURN!
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | December 5, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Hey Vinny,

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 5, 2008 12:34 PM |

DOC Walker on his show has stated Vinny goes to alot of college football games, so atleast bash the guy with proper knowledge.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 5, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

JM
Dirty 30 was involved in a pretty sick collision last week. He collided with another Redskin db on a catch by Toomer (I think) and his head and neck whipped around in a way a head and/or neck should not. Commentators never mentioned it. I rewound it on TIVO and was surprised he even got up. From that point on he didn't do much. But he also never left the field.

Posted by: mack1 | December 5, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

low scoring? awesome insight. At least he's assured himself of being half right...

Posted by: HonestSkinsFan | December 5, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Please note this was a post by CINDY not JLC - so of course no bashing.

I would be SHOCKED if JLC mentions Vinny's show ever again.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 5, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

oops I crapped my pants again.???

It never ceases to amaze me the ignorance, immaturity, and outright stupidity that some people display on these Redskins message boards stuff that has nothing to do with the Redskins or the topic but anyway I guess thats indicative of our society these days.

Posted by: 72Redskins | December 4, 2008 5:31 PM |
================================

Blow it out your rear-end. Who made you the high and mighty blog poster? Get off your high horse poopface.

Anyways, no pants crapping today but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

And, I had no idea my gold jewelry was worth so much money!

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | December 5, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Oops....guess I was wrong....just saw the heading "JLC writes"...

So now I'm shocked that JLC would mention Vinny's show since his screw up by calling the league office.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 5, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Note the words "Jason La Canfora writes:" at the top.

This line means that the reporter has filed via cellphone and I've just posted it. When that line doesn't appear, I've written the file.

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 5, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Skins211,

I agree his tackling has definitely been a disappointment. I just don't think we'll know how good Landry can be until he's able to play in the box. He's talented enough to take away the deepball, but he's not a true FS by any means. Which makes me wonder if the Skins will get someone to play centerfield or waste Landry's true talents by keeping him back there. I love Horton, but IMO he's just a less talented Landry.

Posted by: Yoder-lay-hee-who | December 5, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

You tell 'em Cyn!

Posted by: DikShuttle | December 5, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

That's far too complicated, Cindy!
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | December 5, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

When u say fielded via cell phone, I hope you at least give JaLaCa a Blackberry or something so he does not have to type all that on a nine button key pad (though if he did I would give him a pass on some of the typos in the past).

I loved caller uprising mondays, and if this show goes on next year am not looking forward to it being 1 day a week (friday) so that they never get uprising calls.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 5, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

jasno, i'm a bit shocked by this post. if i was a bettin man i'd say you're hedging. you know you are. hedging against a possible playoff run. but jasno they would do that inspite/despite of vinny not because of him. so have no fear and unleash your venom on uncle joon. you have the green light from me.

you know how long it takes to prepare for a show? that's why he's not doing a MM show. what a joke! he knows he's going to get killed on MM if skins lose to a team that has a rookie HC, a rookie QB and is only 20 minutes away.

Posted by: dealer1 | December 5, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Poopy, you forgot to mention how much you like your Sham Wow - better than a month's worth of paper towels

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | December 5, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

I suppose the offensive line has aged a lot in less than 2 months?

Posted by: CPortisRun | December 5, 2008 12:45 PM
=============================================
1) Yes, they have in fact aged a lot in less than 2 months.

2) This was not unpredictable.

3) If I ever get around to it, I'll write a comment (long) about why I have this opinion.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | December 5, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

cat fight!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: dealer1 | December 5, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

i got my money on lisa. sorry cindy! i respect you, you look fabulous but something tells me lisa is a nasty girl...all that muscle milk has gotta go somewhere...

Posted by: dealer1 | December 5, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Skins 3, Ravens 2.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | December 5, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

You guys are just too much! It's not a cat fight -- it's just good to explain every so often. And yes the boyz have blackberries. A new post is in the works...

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 5, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

why does everyone think Jasno hates the Redskins...if you ask me, he's a realist.

go skins!

Posted by: HonestSkinsFan | December 5, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

can I has blackberry?

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 5, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

When I thought about Air Vinny I thought about this...

Posted by: alex35332 | December 5, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

One thing I've never understood is why with all the money Dan has, why he doesn't have the largest group of scouts on the planet. There is no limit on the amount of scouts you can have, I believe, and there is no limit on the amount of money you can spend on those scouts, so build this super network of scouts.....just my .02....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 5, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

pebe pbee (its a word scrabble)

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 5, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

and the beep.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 5, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Greg, scouts don't get paid much ... its more of a labor of love ... they do it because they like it. The Owner might be able to pay well, but I don't sense he inspires people to work for peanuts based on their warm feelings toward him.

Posted by: dcsween | December 5, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

The source meter is now on lame...

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | December 5, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Ravens 2, Skins 0 (OT)

Vinny is a joke and so is the radio gig. As expected, when the going gets tough, rather than man up and face the fan base, Vinny goes underground. Just following the bosses orders. Snyder won't man up either. Jimmy Jones is a clown in many ways, but at least he puts himself out there in front - no cowering from the fans. No way this show airs on Monday and no way it airs next season after the free fall ends.

Posted by: i155133 | December 6, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse