USA Football Guest Blog

This comes to us via Scott Hallenbeck, Executive Director of USA Football and concerns a new program being conducted to thwart the abuse of children in youth football. I'll let Scott take over from here:

Earlier this month USA Football, the national governing body of youth, high school and international amateur football, announced that it is taking the first steps towards providing any youth football league nationwide an opportunity to protect their young football players from sexual predators and others who may do harm.

USA Football is the first national youth sports organization to make this kind of commitment towards the fight against child predators. This effort was announced at a press conference at the U.S. Capital Building with myself as well as Congressman Nick Lampson (D-Texas), Congressman Heath Shuler (D-North Carolina) and the National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI).

We have contributed $500,000 over the next two years to encourage youth leagues to register through our website, www.USAFootball.com, and receive gold-standard, fully-managed background screening services at significantly reduced pricing through NCSI.

The issue of child predators is a societal one, but the fact is youth sports are not immune. It's that reality that has led USA Football to take a proactive stance and provide access to high quality screening at a subsidized price. We care who's coaching these kids and we encourage all sports organizations to join us in this effort and help protect our children.

According to the NCSI, the official background check screening company of the United States Olympic Committee and USA Football, one in four girls and one in six boys will be sexually victimized before adulthood. In addition, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, it is estimated that as many as 150,000 known sex offenders across the country are "missing". These offenders have failed to comply with laws requiring them to register in their states of residence.

Colorado, Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Ohio have all recently seen cases where coaches have taken advantage of their positions to prey on young athletes. In many cases background checks would have divulged a history that would have alerted the respective league about this individual's history.

We encourage all leagues to go to the website and sign up today. Help kids enjoy all that football has to offer in a safe and fun environment. We hope that other national sports organizations follow our lead in this initiative.

By Jason La Canfora  |  June 28, 2007; 4:32 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Europa RIP?? What It Means To Us
Next: Got (Partial) Tickets?

Comments

Let it be September Already!!!

Posted by: Nobody Gets First | June 28, 2007 4:46 PM | Report abuse

go ahead shuler!

Posted by: Anonymous | June 28, 2007 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Training camp, scrimmage, anything!!

Posted by: I "second" that emotion | June 28, 2007 5:01 PM | Report abuse

...right........
Part of me wants to make a joke about this, but part of me does not want to deal with the blowback "no pun intended".

So anyway here are two unrelated things I found on the web, one poking at DannyS: http://paulgoespop.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/06/snyder-buys-jew.html

The next JC and Moss shooting the sh*^ well making the next eastern moders comercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L82dkFeVHs&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Frunningredskins%2Eblogspot%2Ecom%2F

Posted by: 35332 | June 28, 2007 5:17 PM | Report abuse

I have a feeling I'll be visiting the organizer of this league.

Posted by: Chris Hansen | June 28, 2007 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Once in a while Jasno posts on a topic for which I can't muster up any comment. Nothing dumb or funny here. Nothing even for Captain Obvious. Nothing.

(towards 100k)

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 28, 2007 7:40 PM | Report abuse

PG County representin' in the draft! LOL

Cool beans. Funny, both Durant and Green are from the same county and both end up in Seattle.

I wish them both well.

Posted by: JustMe | June 28, 2007 8:03 PM | Report abuse

Yeah Nate, it just struck me as a damn shame these words ever had to be strung together, except maybe randomly by one of those infinite number of monkeys.

Those stats are mortifying. Parents out there, how do you ever sleep?

Now batting for Captain Obvious...

Posted by: SMACK | June 28, 2007 8:09 PM | Report abuse

SMACK,

I can't speak for other parents, but speaking for myself, I *don't* sleep. Not much, anyway.

I went to check out a pre-school for my son today and I looked very closely at every employee I saw to see if there was anything about them that made me feel weird or uncertain. I know that you can't tell a prevert by sight, but the thought of putting my child in a place where there might be one gives me the willies. So, I look as closely as I can and hope my gut tells me something so my child won't be 1 of the 6.

Posted by: JustMe | June 28, 2007 8:20 PM | Report abuse

how did chicago end up with a higher pick than the wiz?

Posted by: dealer | June 28, 2007 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Joaquin Noah just got drafted. Sadly, he's wearing a bow tie. The guy already looks like Donna Summer. He should have been drafted by The Supremes.

Posted by: SMACK | June 28, 2007 8:32 PM | Report abuse

you guys think al thornton will be there at 16 for the wiz? if so they better not pass him!

Posted by: dealer | June 28, 2007 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Co. I work for, we had 86 babies born last year. Amazingly, they are pulling all daycare in-house, and building a massive playground. Can you imagine the risk and the insurance? I hope it works out.

I'm sure those employees recognize that are you a pervert look. Can't blame you. Trust your instincts, pop in once a while, talk to your kid. But how do you know what and how much to say? I've never faced that difficult a task in my entire life.

Posted by: SMACK | June 28, 2007 8:42 PM | Report abuse

So anyway here are two unrelated things I found on "the web, one poking at DannyS: http://paulgoespop.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/06/snyder-buys-jew.html"

That's over the top. They go a little too far with the Jewish thing. Sheesh, now he's "Lexach Luthorstein". Anti Semitic Or something ...

_____________________________________________________

This one is good. He ought to be doing the local news or helping Michaels with redskins.com interviews. He is Country ... not Mediterranean.
Off to the Piggly Wiggly ... LOL

Posted by: periculum | June 28, 2007 8:43 PM | Report abuse

Wow. I wish my work had a day care. I hope that works, too. I'm sure the employees there will really appreciate it.

When I meet with potential caregivers, I always ask if there have been complete background checks on all of their employees. At least that would catch the registered pervs.

I used to think I wouldn't have to worry much about this kind of thing because I had a boy. But, I took my son on a cruise when he wasn't quite 2 years old, and a male passenger essentially stalked him the entire cruise (followed us around, conveniently showed up in places we hung out each day, walked past our dinner table every night, commenting about and buying pictures of him that were in the cruise photo gallery, etc.). It was the creepiest thing I had ever experienced. So, I've been really aware that boys can be victimized just as easily as girls since then.

Posted by: JustMe | June 28, 2007 8:53 PM | Report abuse

at least there is nice weather in the summer cause sports and this blog are gonna stink til training camp in july

Posted by: Anonymous | June 28, 2007 8:58 PM | Report abuse

Pedophiles R Among Us. At least its not the Catholic Church again. They have that new law that's supposed to require screening teachers etc. But Daycare and volunteer coaches aren't covered. Know someone who had that happen to her daughter at Daycare. She found out because one of those commercials came on telling kids to talk to their parents when it happens. So, she turned to her mother and told her. Pretty messy since mom was best friends with the lady who ran the Daycare facility and it was her son.

Posted by: periculum | June 28, 2007 8:59 PM | Report abuse

periculum,

Thanks for the link. It was funny. I really LOLed when Santana said JC had on Heely's without the wheels.

Posted by: JustMe | June 28, 2007 9:00 PM | Report abuse

LISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

where are you?

Posted by: dealer | June 28, 2007 9:06 PM | Report abuse

jay billas just told stuart scott to "GROW UP!!!" LOL! burn!!!!!!

Posted by: dealer | June 28, 2007 9:09 PM | Report abuse

Okay, the Wizards are on the clock. I hope they find a gem with this pick. I should probably check out their blog. It's probably nuts over there.

Posted by: JustMe | June 28, 2007 9:09 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, it's nuts. 7 f'in posts.

Posted by: JustMe | June 28, 2007 9:11 PM | Report abuse

ummmmmmmmm he's a guard! they picked a guard? well...grun better be right about this! but they didn't need offense they needed defense and a rebounder!

Posted by: dealer | June 28, 2007 9:12 PM | Report abuse

and one of the 7 was mine!

Posted by: dealer | June 28, 2007 9:14 PM | Report abuse

steve EH needs to be slapped!

Posted by: dealer | June 28, 2007 9:16 PM | Report abuse

dealer,

Do you think this pick means they're not interested in paying too much for DeShawn? I heard on the radio the other that the he'd opted out of his contract. Or, is Jarvis gone?

I don't watch the Wiz with any regularity (I limit my potential hear attacks to the Redskins and just a few random basketball games a year), but I was really hoping for a big man. I don't know enough to know if anyone worth taking was available, but I wonder how much worse a rookie could be than Haywood.

Posted by: JustMe | June 28, 2007 9:33 PM | Report abuse

justme, that's what everyone's saying. needed a big man went with a scorer w/o any defense. but i was pleasantly surprised to see that he's almost 6'7". but then again they already have caron.

Posted by: dealer | June 28, 2007 9:48 PM | Report abuse

Just me, that cruise story, ewwwwww.

Posted by: SMACK | June 28, 2007 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Wiz needed a big man but there were none available. Just a bunch of forwards and guards. Nick Young is a great pick at 16. Stevenson showed he couldn't get it done. He was gawd awful in the playoffs. Hayes hasn't improved a lick in 4 yrs.

As for pedophiles, don't look for them at your kid's school or daycare center. Look at the people you invite in your home. Kids are more likely to be abused by family members and friends.

Posted by: LH | June 28, 2007 10:31 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Posted by: ninjatickets.com | June 28, 2007 11:02 PM | Report abuse

dealer, I've been watching the draft. Hope the Wiz take Strawberry (think he is still available) at #47.

Ernie Grunfield stated yesterday that he was not going to take a BIG - he planned to take the best player available. Seems to be delighted that Nick Young was still there when we picked. We will have our pick from last year - I call him Opec - playing this season as well as Blatche....that is probably why he did not want to pick another BIG unless there was one of true quality.

Posted by: Lisa | June 28, 2007 11:13 PM | Report abuse

not to bring everyone back to this strang RI topic....but

Just Me

Please tell me u stood up to this dude personally after about the third time he commented on how good looking ur son was....please tell me u didnt just play it off and or alert the boat athourities....cuz i would knocked the mf out. And i dont really look for fights if u know what i mean......str8 up....

Posted by: skinnyntenny | June 29, 2007 2:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: The Crickets | June 29, 2007 3:45 AM | Report abuse

Training Camp - Public Admission dates

Posted by: The Crickets | June 29, 2007 4:37 AM | Report abuse

Training Camp - Required "Invitation"

Posted by: The Crickets | June 29, 2007 4:40 AM | Report abuse

This is a tough topic to talk about, no one is going to come away with a smile. I don't have any kids, and I'm a pretty peaceful guy, but if anyone looks at my kids the wrong way,I'm going to knock the snot out of them!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 7:10 AM | Report abuse

So now you have to register for an invitation to training camp so that Danny can market to you??

I suppose he would say it's all in the cause of 'security' or something....

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 7:15 AM | Report abuse

Onto the NBA Draft, can anyone explain to me why teams trade their picks for cash? Phoenix has done ie two years in a row now! Surely the teams make enough money that they don't need to do this? I understand that they are close to the luxury tax, and don't want to pay someone, but couldn't they trade the pick for a pick next year?

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 7:16 AM | Report abuse

Danyy just doesn't want to let W.Phillips, A.Reid, T.Coughlin etc. to come in and see all of our secrets!!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 7:24 AM | Report abuse

I think it's a given that any parent who uncovered this sort of thing will take the offender out to the woodshed to introduce them to JM's hammer.

The one thing that concerns me about this post are the 1/4 and 1/6 stats in conjunction with the term 'sexually victimized'. Does anyone know what that term means? Is that definition as serious as we think it is - molestation - or does it include other things to make the statistics more sensational?

By the way that doesn't mean that I think 'other things' are trivial. I have ZERO tolerance for this and would hunt down anyone who did this to my family no matter what the cost.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 7:25 AM | Report abuse

Kost, I'm sure if they wanted to see the Redskin's latest coaching secrets they'd just watch the old black and white films from the 60's.

We kid because we love...

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 7:27 AM | Report abuse

Danyy, that's how you spell it in Holland.....especially once you've sunk a few litres of Port!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 7:29 AM | Report abuse

Wouldn't it be Daany in Dutch?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 7:30 AM | Report abuse

Come on Redcoat, if our game plan was that simple, we'd be showing those tapes to our own players!!!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 7:32 AM | Report abuse

Haha yeah probably, but I was trying to place the blame on the port.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 7:34 AM | Report abuse

Did you watch the 2004/5 season's games? I thought you were running them!!!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 7:34 AM | Report abuse

Redcoat - We've got to do some more recruiting, we need another 3 players for our league. Surely we can get a few more RI's to join us!

So far from RI we have myself, Redcoat, Nate, SMACK, Zebra, 4-12.

Come on guys, you can still do the Yahoo one as well!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 7:40 AM | Report abuse

I see we're still stuck on 7 in the fantasy league Kost. We'll have to start another recruitment drive.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 7:42 AM | Report abuse

Different OC then though! Now we have Weird Al, and the only player on the team who knows the offense is Collins!!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 7:43 AM | Report abuse

Snap!!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 7:43 AM | Report abuse

Redcoat - Well my Dad has said he'll play, and will join this weekend, and 4-12 has been given the invite, so he should join in the next few days, so if you count those two, we're 3 short.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 7:45 AM | Report abuse

I think I want Collins' gig. He's coming into year 2 and hasn't taken a single snap in anger. That's pretty impressive for the money they're paying him. Even if the guy is on the vet. minimum he's making plenty of money.

I still don't get why they keep him around, but I suppose all will be known in the fullness of time.

Where are you again 'down under' Kost?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 7:46 AM | Report abuse

Melbourne mate, my girlfriend is watching some true crime show, so I'm at the PC, with a TV to my left, and the headphones plugged in, watching Friday Night Football!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 7:49 AM | Report abuse

I've always been disappointed that I didn;t make it to Melbourne when I was in oz.

Spent the whole time in Sydney and environs, which was nice enough, but everyone tells me that Melbourne is the most 'British' (or maybe European) city in Australia - must be the weather or something.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 7:52 AM | Report abuse

He'll be gone this season though. Too much potential in the younger QB's to keep him.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 7:53 AM | Report abuse

I have to ask you. Why the Washington Redskins?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 7:54 AM | Report abuse

I tell you what mate, I'm going to cop a lot of flack for this statement, but it's true! You missed out, Melbourne is the Sporting Capital of the World!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 7:56 AM | Report abuse

Well my parents are divorced, and I used to spend the school holidays with my Dad, and he's a bit of a sports freak, so the first game I saw was the '92 Superbowl. My Dad said he had been following the Bills, so I said I'd go for the Redskins. Not long after that I got TV SPorts Football on my Commodore 64, and you could change the names of your players, so I went and bought a magazine, so I could have my team up to date with the current Skins.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 8:02 AM | Report abuse

So what's going on, isn't it Friday morning over there? Shouldn't you all be at work? It's one of the rare times that I'm around during peak hour, AND NO ONE'S HERE!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 8:15 AM | Report abuse

Only me and I'm on a call right now. Back in a few....

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 8:17 AM | Report abuse

No worries mate.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 8:20 AM | Report abuse

It's 8.22am East Coast, so people in DC are probably just finishing negotiating the 'beltway of doom' to get to work. I leave my house at a stupid hour to avoid all that.

It's interesting how sporting affinities cross national boundaries like that for no real reason in particular, but then turn into real allegiances over time. There's no good reason for me to support Miami any more except for sheer bloody-mindedness on my part now - I can't stop after 23 years of unremitting failure!

As a (former) cricketer I always wanted to see the MCG. I went to the SCG and was surprised at how compact the ground is. So who are the big cheeses in Melbourne sporting circles then?

Bear in mind I know little or nothing about Aussie rules... I went to the SCG to see Sydney (Swans?) vs. Footscray and supported Footscray because that's where I was born in England (there's that weird allengiance thing again) and got pies thrown at me - in a cheerful way of course - throughout the game because Sydney got pasted!! :)

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 8:26 AM | Report abuse

Kost, just to razz you, I finally started watching the DVD set of the 2005 Ashes series my daughter bought me a long time back. I know you've spanked us to win them back since then, but WHAT a series....

If anyone thinks that cricket is a quiet, reserved sort of game they should listen to the crowds on there.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 8:30 AM | Report abuse

The 'G is awesome mate, almost 100,000. I can't claim that it's the best stadium in the worl, because I haven't been to many, but some people do. The Aussie Rules Grand Final is played there every year, no matter what.
But I called Melbourne the sporting capital of the world for more than just Aussie sports. We have the 1st Grand Prix of the F1 season, we have a Moto GP at Phillip Island, we've just had the World Swimming Championships, we had the Commonwealth Games last year (you'd be the only person who has heard of them), we've had the Olympics ('56).

So how did you start being a Dolphins fan? Ace Ventura?

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 8:39 AM | Report abuse

That series re-ignited test cricket for us, maybe it was because we were cruising through every series, but just the competitiveness throughout the series was amazing. Kasprowicz wasn't out!! Haha

But losing it, made the 2006 series massive! There was so much expectation, over here the ratings for that first ball were massive! Unfortunately ........Harmison!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Tell you what, Nate would be proud of us, we've chucked this 100K on our shoulders, and we're marching up that hill!

If there is anyone else out there, give us a hoi hoi!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Wow, the Commonwealth Games - that brings back memories of empire. :-)

I started following the Dolphins because super bowl XIX was the first shown live on UK television. I watched the pre-game show and decided that I liked the way the Dolphins - particularly Marino - played the game and that was it.

Of course they promptly got blown out 38-16 and Marino never made it back to the super bowl, but I've followed them ever since.

The disappointment of the 1994 playoff loss to San Diego because Marino got injured and they got a stupid safety (are they the worst team to get to a super bowl Stan Humphries or no Stan Humphries?) and on it goes.

I watched Don Shula coach Miami into his pre-senile years, saw Jimmy Johnson fritter away the last few seasons of one of the greatest QB's ever, saw Marino lose playoff games 38-0 (Denver) and 62-7 (Jacksonville and Mark friggin' Brunell!), watched with incredulity through Dave Wannstedt's tenure, and suffered on through Nick Saban.

I suppose I'm just a masochist at heart. Maybe I should be a Redskins fan!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Well it could always be worse, neither of us follow Arizona or Cincinnati!

I'll Agree with the San Diego call, although I reckon the Giants versus Ravens were pretty shtiful. Natrone Means, whatever happened to him? How do players disappear so quickly? What happened to Reggie Brooks? I was too young to be able to follow him. But of course after that wonderful Superbowl showing by the Chargers, we went out and signed their AESOME satefy Stanley Richards. Nice.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Did you enjoy your AFL game?

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Surely some of our regulars are acting the lurker.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Although, I must admit, I was warned (I think it was Stumped) about the summer holiday desertion.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 9:17 AM | Report abuse

I just wanted to chime in on JLC's original post for one second. My company used to publish a youth football magazine, and I had the opportunity to work with USA Football. It's a stellar organization.

I flew up to Minnesota to photograph one of their week long tournaments, which was held at the Vikings training facilities. There was something like 10 various youth games going on at any given time -- football heaven, especially for these kids. I also got to meet Jack Kemp and Carl Eller when they stopped by.

This organization is legit and deserves our support. It promotes the game for children everywhere, from all types of backgrounds, and I think this is an extremely worthwhile cause.

Sidenote: I also got to hang out with Shawn Moore (former Heisman candidate from Virginia and backup to Elway on the Broncos), who worked for USA Football for a while. That dude is hilarious.

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | June 29, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Hey Hey Buck!!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 9:25 AM | Report abuse

A Shawn Moore reference up here! Warms the heart. That was my era at UVa. Moore to Moore (Shawn to Herman) for TD after TD. And Terry Kirby blazing out of the backfield. Chris Slade the sack machine. [The Barbers of C'ville were yet to come.] Good times, good times.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 29, 2007 9:28 AM | Report abuse

kost, Redcoat, I've no idea what a hoi hoi is, but here's one going out to you lads for burning the midnight oil.

Towards 100k!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 29, 2007 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Hoi Hoi is a MR.Burns reference, a hello, G'day, what's up!

Don't know a Shawn Moore, I know Herman Moore (Lions), and Chris Slade (Patriots), Maybe Terry Kirby (was it Dolphins?)

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Nate, you happy with Oden? Were you a 1 honk man?

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Kirby played 2 or 3 years in Miami in the early/mid 90s. A good solid guy.

Nate-trone in the PDX is back - what time is it there, have you no life?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

skinnyntenny I am with you my friend. That guy would get the beat down and maybe a forearm that caused him to fall overboard.

Posted by: jm220 | June 29, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

And yes Kost, I did enjoy the game. Although the referee with his 'cooley' shorts was a bit of a laugh! The guy practically had speedos on...

And then don't get me started about the guys with the deli-counter hats on who stand by the posts....

Irregardless, it was a lot of fun - and the banter with the Sydney fans was a big part of that.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Thought so, that was about the time Miami had a Running Back by committee approach yeah? I'm remembering Bernie Parmalee, and was there a Spikes?? Or something like that?

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Kost, it's Friday night and your girlfriend is there. Haven't you anything better to do than talk to us??

I'm getting worried about you.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Girlfriend has gone to bed, she'll be there when I get there.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Kost, I'm getting a vision of you as Strop - although that's not bad if your girlfriend is Delvene!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Irving Spikes.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 9:46 AM | Report abuse

I'm not sure if I'm old enough to get the Strop reference, but I'm thinking Paul Hogan Show??

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Keeping posts separate - have to keep the march going - the purpose of the RB committee was to create the illusion that we were something other than a 'pass only' team, although secretly, we still were.

Sadly, everyone figured that out.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Oh God am I really that old...?

Yes, that Strop mate.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Skinyntenny - I agree with jm220, and it's nice to see you make a positive contribution. None of this mwhahahah shti.

Thought it was Irving, but though it might have been the Tawny speaking.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Is Micallef still on down there? I liked his stuff but it seemed to be getting a bit weird later on....

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

But from what I remember, the RB by committee worked, because all three of those guys, were so desperate for playing time, that they gave everything they could on every single carry!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

You're right, but the ironic thing was back then we didn't have a D work shti. Now for the last 7 or 8 years we've had a good to great D and no O worth a damn!

Primetime Marino would have taken this team to the championship games at least 3 or 4 times, regardless of New England and Brady.

The Gods of football are indeed cruel.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 9:58 AM | Report abuse

I only remember that because it was around the time that I played and I can remember my QB talking about them all.

How many of you guys played? At what level?

I'm sorry if I disappear for a while, but Revenge Of The Nerds II just started, so I may be distracted!

Broke his leg playing chess, hahaha!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Watch out for that pot hole!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 10:06 AM | Report abuse

"It was a tricky move"

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Redcoat - That deserves some credit! I've got the movie on hand, and you come up with that out of nowhere! You are, a NERD! hahaha

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Some things you don't forget as you get older. Trivial stuff like birthdays and anniversaries goes by the way, but the IMPORTANT stuff stays with you.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Where did Nate, jm220, and bucktown go?? If we're talking about something you don't want to talk aboutm just say, right now, I'll talk about anything, only a few more glasses, and I've knocked off two litres of tawny port!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

TWO litres!! Man that reminds me of a job a had years ago. I was working shifts and the guy I was supposed to work with was off sick. Turns out he'd turned up for work one day bright yellow - liver failure.

Anyway he eventually came back at which point my 19 year old self was educated in how to get drinks in the middle of London 'after hours' by a MAJOR drunk.

He would drink two bottles of port a night at work after he'd been to the pub just to get through a shift. And then he'd get up and drink all day until it was time to go to work again.

And I rather stupidly thought I could keep up with him when we first started working together! Some things you learn the hard way.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 10:27 AM | Report abuse

You have my admiration Kost. After that much port I wouldn't even be able to see the keyboard, let alone type on it.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 10:28 AM | Report abuse

kost52 I do have a job. I have to do a little work. LMGO

Posted by: jm220 | June 29, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Well, I'm not there yet, there's still a bit left in the cask. And I must admit, I take pride in my diction.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

jm220 - That's fair enough, it is Friday night/saturday morning here, and I have had a quiet week, since I was warned at work this week about spending too much time online. So I get ya.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

So jm, now that I've gotten your attention, want to take on a bunch of Aussies in Fantasy Football?? It's for charity?

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Sure.

Posted by: jm220 | June 29, 2007 10:53 AM | Report abuse

WooHoo!!

Send me an email at kost52 at hotmail dot com and I'll send you an invite!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Invite SENT!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Alrighty then!

2 more spots to go! Come on people, Stumped, dealer, Just Me, Lisa, Cload.

Come on now....

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Everybody took today off, huh?

I am fine with the background check to search for child predetors ONLY. Let's not expand this to all other criminals or about 25% of the coaches will be gone. Seriouly.

I agree with LH, the ones you really need to look out for are the ones you invite to your household.

As for statistics, those are too broad. To bring it closer to home, I am one out of every 6 boys and my wife is the one out of every 4 girls. So, we are batting 100% statisiticlly speaking. My wife's incident was with a relative. So I worry more than ever knowing how people act now a days.........

Posted by: 4th | June 29, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

DCSween, Bucktown Skins Fan, periculum etc.
Come on now!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 11:16 AM | Report abuse

4th??

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: LH | June 28, 2007 10:31 PM

this had to be repeated. i've known so many people with stories of abuse at their place of worship and family and friends. but i've never met a person that was abused by an outsider. supporting the fact that it's done by people who aren't strangers to the kids.

and i had the unfortunate experience of actually witnessing a scene where a man (a stranger to the boy) takes a little boy into the bathroom with him. i was too young to comprehend what was going on. [and no, the boy wasn't me and i've had close calls of my own when i was young]

and when i was even more little i had a really really strange experience of a teacher and a student...i didn't get what was going on until i was 18 or something.
that also involved a trip to the bathroom but two people of opposite sex and a lot older.

but that experience (the first one) has made me very very sensitive to people. and i don't give a fck who i offend.

Posted by: dealer | June 29, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for sharing that information 4th

Posted by: jm220 | June 29, 2007 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Kost - I got too many things on my mind to be as competetive as I'd like. Sorry.

Posted by: 4th | June 29, 2007 11:25 AM | Report abuse

dealer - I'm sorry that that happened to you, this is a fckued post, and we need something, even if it's a "Hello how's it going" post, just to change the mood.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 11:30 AM | Report abuse

I agree.

NEw Post!

Posted by: 4th | June 29, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

4th - Fair enough mate.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Kost- I got the invite for the fantasy football. Been busy with a sick baby and doc appointments and all that 'fun' stuff. Getting back in the groove today. I'll get the registration done this weekend, Monday at the latest.

Posted by: 4-12 | June 29, 2007 11:37 AM | Report abuse

"Once All-Mets, Former Hoya and Durant Will Be Teammates in Seattle

By Camille Powell
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, June 29, 2007; E10

NEW YORK, June 28 -- Jeff Green and Kevin Durant are friends, having grown up as basketball players together in Prince George's County. Now, the two All-Mets will be teammates with the Seattle SuperSonics.

Seattle, as expected, selected Durant -- from Suitland, Montrose Christian and the University of Texas -- with the second overall pick of the NBA draft on Thursday night. Minutes later, Green -- of Hyattsville, Northwestern and Georgetown -- was selected by the Boston Celtics with the fifth pick, but was then sent west.

The Celtics traded Green, Delonte West (another All-Met from Prince George's County) and Wally Szczerbiak to the Sonics in exchange for Ray Allen. Boston also received Seattle's 35th overall pick, which was LSU forward Glen Davis.
"

MOST POSITIVE EVER TO COME OUT OF PG COUNTY IN A LONG TIME!!!!!

PG COUNTY HAD 2 RESIDENTS DRAFTED IN THE TOP 5 OF THE NBA DRAFT!!

THIS NEEDS TO BE AN A1 STORY. WASHPO IS NOT ASHAMED TO TALK ABOUT ALL OF THE MURDERS AND PUT THEM ON THE FRONT PAGE....

Posted by: 4th | June 29, 2007 11:41 AM | Report abuse

4-12 - No worries mate, you've shown interest, so your spot is locked in, take your time mate. Hope everything is well with the bubba!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Who would've thunk it, Ogre was a nerd!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 11:44 AM | Report abuse

"Ogre...Ogre...Ogre" LMGO

Posted by: 4-12 | June 29, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Alrighty people, my cask is empty, the remaining port, is in my glass. Help me finish it off!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Doesn't sound like you need any help to finish Kost.... :-)

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 11:53 AM | Report abuse

ok, now it's prime time over there, and I understand that you guys are at work, but I had a couple of questions which I would like to be answered.

What happened to Reggie Brooks? From here I saw he rushed for 1,000+ yds in his rookie season, but then disappeared!

Why do NBA teams make trades for cash??

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Redcoat - I do, I'm so tired, and so close to bed, I need a red hot debate to keep me going. Admittedly, I cannot believe no one argued my "Melbourne - Sports Capital Of The World" comment!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Kost - It's vacation time in the states.

Also, Since July is the slowest season in the NFL, it trickles to NFL Blog related sites.....

Posted by: 4th | June 29, 2007 12:02 PM | Report abuse

4th- C'mon, you gotta do Kost's fantasy league. I don't have the time either, but we're competing against a bunch of Aussies mate!! How hard can that be?! (Is that enough to spark a red hot debate Kost?) lol

Posted by: 4-12 | June 29, 2007 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Go to bed Kost. The Blog will still be here tomorrow and the day after....

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 12:08 PM | Report abuse

4-12 - You're right! Com'on 4th, wouldn't it make you feel good to beat some Aussie bloke who thinks he know's everything about the Redskins?? Or how about beating an Aussie Eagles fan?? Can you imagine the joy you'd get out of beating SMACK? I don't thin you can replicate that feeling!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat - Yeah, but if I leave this glass...of port..... it'll...go....flat??

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Oh man, jm220 in the fantasy league? My head hurts already from all the smacks I'm gonna be getting. Or maybe that's just last night's Absolut talking.

Posted by: SMACK | June 29, 2007 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Alrighty then, I have been PEER PRESSURED into joining......

Kost - Just dropped you a line........

Posted by: 4th | June 29, 2007 12:14 PM | Report abuse

I have to admire your fight. This guy Kost's blogging his guts out for old DC.

Okely-dokely;

Q. How can you tell when an Australian has arrived at your local airport?

A. The whining noise doesn't stop when they turn the engines off on the plane.

Your turn Kost for some witticism about Poms and a lack of ablutionary azeal.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 12:16 PM | Report abuse

I predict a repeat of the NCAAs. There'll be no joy in Mudville, Melbourne, New Jersey, the PDX, Charlottesville, or anywhere else!

Posted by: SMACK | June 29, 2007 12:17 PM | Report abuse

SMACK - on the Vodka! How do you drink it? On the rocks? Raspberry? Orange?

Was just watching ESPNsoccernet talking about Wegner, most reckon he'll stay.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Well done guys. Now we truly have a league of nations in Kost's fantasy league.

In the spirit of international cooperation and fraternisation I hope my team pounds you all into the collective dust.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Is this for Aussie Rules football or Real Football?

Posted by: 4th | June 29, 2007 12:21 PM | Report abuse

4th - Thumbs up buddy!

I think there is only one spot left??

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 12:21 PM | Report abuse

God bless Arsene. I have a life-long loathing of Arsenal built on nothing more rational than "I don't like them".

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 12:21 PM | Report abuse

This is for real football, you know, the football you play with your hands. :)

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 12:22 PM | Report abuse

I thought we were joining an Aussie Football league?

This will work for me though!

Posted by: 4th | June 29, 2007 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Kost was so polite about Melbourne being the "sports capital of the world", he didn't even mention that Melbourne is also home to the "Aussie Millions" poker tournament, at the world-famous Crown Casino. It's a very big event that attracts players from all over the world. The unofficial host and local favorite is Joe Hashem, an Aussie who won the World Series of Poker - Main Event in Las Vegas two years ago.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 29, 2007 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Nice one Redcoat, I tried hard to think of a joke which would hit you hard, but I couldn't think of one, all I can say is.....English Cricket.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Anonymous - Good Point! But I don't really count poker as a sport, nor darts, nor golf, nor chess, nor twister. But it was a good point.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Touche, but still a bit lame.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 12:34 PM | Report abuse

And don't forget yachting!

Posted by: Anonymous | June 29, 2007 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Kost, depends on the time of day. Orange juice, grapefruit, bloody mary, vodka tonic, milk, listerine, pickle juice, the brine the olives came in, whatever I have on hand. I'm not too particular.

Posted by: SMACK | June 29, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Aussie - "Why is your beer like having sex in a canoe?"

Pom - "Dunno, Why?"

Aussie - "It's Fckuing close to water!"

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Kost is also far too modest to admit it, but Australia is the spiritual home of the age-old sport of dwarf-tossing.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Alas, Australia doesn't have any of the really cool and esoteric sports like "Wombat Tossing". They probably do have a few oddities we don't know about, similar to Cow Chip Throwing.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 29, 2007 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Listerine, I love it!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Arsene is a lovely man, we'll have him as long as he will stay. Arsenal is too sophisticated to have a bloated, sweaty Englishman ranting and raving on the sideline (no offense, Redcoat). Unfortunately we are often too sophisticated to shoot on goal. My neighbors think I'm crazy hearing me scream SHOOT THE FN THING at 7am.

Posted by: SMACK | June 29, 2007 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Kost- Do Aussies drink cold beer, or are you like the Brits and drink it *gag* warm?

Posted by: 4-12 | June 29, 2007 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat - Got to give you credit for the dwarf throwing!

Anon - No where else is going to have Wombat throwing, Oz is the only place that has Wombats!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 12:44 PM | Report abuse

No offense taken SMACK, as all the successful EPL managers aren't English anyway!

SMACK my dad was from Macnhester, so I grew up supporting United. I can appreciate the finer things of Arsenal's play, but the George Graham years (one-nil to the Arsenal) killed off any liking I could ever have fostered for them.

I forgot to add that my own former home of Wiltshire, UK is the nexus of the ancient international martial art of gut-barging

In fact I once even met Mad Maurice Vanderkirkoff. Apart from the fact that he's not Belgian, he's not from Melksham and his name is not Maurice, everything else he says is completely true (probably).

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Kost/anon, isn't there some joke about Aussies and wombats that has a punchline of "eats, roots, and leaves"?

Do people still use 'root' as a colloquialism Kost?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 12:51 PM | Report abuse

And of course we shouldn't forget Australia's foremost liberal political thinker: Joh Bjelke-Petersen.

I remember having an Aussie friend regale me for an entire evening on just how much of a 'nutjob' he was. Hope he's no relative Kost!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

The chip: The British contribution to world cuisine.

- A Fish Called Wanda

Posted by: 4-12 | June 29, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Wow - it looks like I have stumbled into the blog on Salute to Australia Day!

The one thing I always wondered about is how anyone manages to stay alive in Australia very long. Between all the very dangerous poisonous snakes and the invasion of cane toads on the land, and the surrounding ocean filled with crocs and sharks and those weird little box jellyfish, it seems like every venture outside has to one of extreme peril.

Apparently you've done well to survive for so many years, Kost.

Posted by: Otter | June 29, 2007 12:56 PM | Report abuse

You're forgetting the "steak and kidney pudding" 4-12.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 12:58 PM | Report abuse

It's official. RIP Europa

Posted by: Stumped | June 29, 2007 12:58 PM | Report abuse

They should have a little sign at the airports saying "Welcome to Australia, home of all the world's most dangerous bitey, stabby and stingy things"

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat- I don't even want to know...

Posted by: 4-12 | June 29, 2007 1:01 PM | Report abuse

My folks' hometown of Schiedam is the home of Ketel One vodka baby! It's in my blood! Well, not really, unless it's on sale.

Posted by: SMACK | June 29, 2007 1:01 PM | Report abuse

And you guys probably thought I was kidding.

Posted by: Otter | June 29, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse

I think Kost may have passed out. Or he's stumbling around the house looking for some Listerine to mix with his vodka.

Posted by: 4-12 | June 29, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 01:00 PM

And that's just the women. The critters are dangerous too.

Posted by: SMACK | June 29, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

4-12 - Ice cold mate, the fact that the poms sit on their beer for half an hour before drinking it is a constant joke to us.

A little from colomn A - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfdW4iCSmFE

And a little from coloumn B - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddR3e-SFmbg

Boonie (David Boon) currently hold the prestigious record of 53 beers, during the flight from Sydney to London. Now that's an Aussie!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

We do love our warm brown food 4-12.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Nice one Kost. I forgot that one of the other Australian national sports was moustache-growing! Boonie's is a beaut, but just little-league compared to Merv Hughes'.

I have a wonderful story about the the legendary 'classiness' of Australian women SMACK, but it's best shared over a beer sometime as it's not appropriate for the blog!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 1:11 PM | Report abuse

1 point Aussies for ice cold beer.

Minus 2 points Brits for warm beer and steak and kidney pie

Posted by: 4-12 | June 29, 2007 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 01:11 PM

It would be nice to at least hear the "cleaned up" version for those of us who may miss the upcoming Jasno pub crawl.

Posted by: Otter | June 29, 2007 1:17 PM | Report abuse

And then there's 'tripe and onions', 'jellied eels' and 'whelks' for game, set and match!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 1:18 PM | Report abuse

British cuisine - if it moves under its own power, the Brits have a recipe for it.

What's that stuff they eat in Scotland? Haggis? Too disgusting to even think about.

Posted by: Otter | June 29, 2007 1:22 PM | Report abuse

For those who can't bear the suspense.

Posted by: Otter | June 29, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Don;t forget "tatties and neeps" in Scotland along with deep-fried pizza and deep-fried mars bars.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Kost -

If you're still with us, what time is it there in Australia (Melbourne?). I know you guys shift times in summer/winter like we do in the U.S.

Posted by: Otter | June 29, 2007 1:30 PM | Report abuse

This ad was banned in England, because the day "Bloody"!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 1:32 PM | Report abuse

This ad was banned in England, because the day "Bloody"!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 1:32 PM | Report abuse

it appears somebody needs to get back to work.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 29, 2007 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Brunell and Collins may not last beyond training camp if the young QBs make the competition between themselves for that 3 spot seriously heated.

Health of the QBs has been an issue with the Skins going back to Spurrier. Brunell has just seen too many snaps. Collins doesn't appear to be someone they want to put in if the starter goes down. Gibbs previous teams relied on that backup being ready to step in with nary a hiccup. Schroeder and Rypien both got in that way. As did Humpheries. Doug Williams was the veteran backup who ended up a starter. Gibbs prefers keeping a lot of QBs around for that reason. Unfortunately league rules now preclude keeping QBs the way they used to.

In the end its up to the young QBs. They are going to be given every chance to beat out the veterans.

Posted by: periculum | June 29, 2007 1:33 PM | Report abuse

I think that's nmy first ever double post!! WooHoo!!

Otter - Time stamp, + 14 hours. So it's 3:35am Saturday morning here.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Work? For all intents, the holiday weekend/week has already begun. At this point, there are many who are just holding down the fort. No work required or requested - just presence.

Posted by: Otter | June 29, 2007 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Come on Otter, jump n in, be our final crew member!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Kost -

Thanks for the time stamp - it's even worse than I imagined!

Posted by: Otter | June 29, 2007 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Kost- It's the middle of the night. You're drunk. You're girlfriend's in your bed in the nuddy. Now get your nuggets in there and get naughty!

Posted by: 4-12 | June 29, 2007 1:41 PM | Report abuse

She sleeps in PJ's. An my nuggets are cross eyed right now!

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 1:44 PM | Report abuse

You guys are right. I'm going to bed. Night all, long live RI, 100K baby.

Posted by: kost52 | June 29, 2007 1:49 PM | Report abuse

What's keeping the Washington Redskins from going to the next level? This is a franchise that had incredible success in the past but for the last 15 years-plus has been the laughing stock of the league. Could it really be Daniel Snyder? Bring Bobby Beathard back; there are surfing waves on the east coast. --David H.

It is no secret that the Redskins have thrown an incredible amount of resources at trying to become the team they were in their glory years. I don't think there is any single reason they have fallen short, but the one position they have yet to get right is quarterback.

Jason Campbell could finally prove to be the answer. However, he still is in the early stages of development and needs considerable help from his supporting cast. If Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts consistently perform as the dominant rushing duo, they have the potential to become this year, Campbell could make tremendous progress. If not, he could end up taking backward steps ... and you're going to ask this question again next year.

Posted by: E in VB | June 29, 2007 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Now that's a blogger's blogger.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Whilst talking of foods that are less, er, appetizing, we mustn't forget scrapple, which is remarkably like haggis: parts is parts. And forget not the seafood of the west, Rocky Mountain Oysters. They're real, folks, and every cowboy loves 'em. mmmmm.

Posted by: Neil in Durango | June 29, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Neil, and I thought that the Brits were the worst for eating unmentionables...

On the subject of cowboys, a friend of mine just told me that the Dallas uniform colour is now officially described as "Brokeback Blue".

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 01:11 PM

Posted by: Otter | June 29, 2007 01:17 PM

A friend of mine was working down in Sydney for a couple of months and was determined to do the nasty with an Aussie lass while he was there. He finally found a young lady who was happy to oblige in a pub down in Manly. Five minutes coversation and several beers and they were good to go.

They went back to his apartment to do the deed and he thought he was giving one of his best ever performances when she tapped him on the forehead and said "haven't you slimed yet you Pommy b*st*rd, my bus leaves in 5 minutes".

There are some other more graphic parts but that's the essence of it. A classy lady indeed.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Kost52, 64 posts in a single thread. That must be a record!!

Blogged his guts out today/tonight/tomorrow morning/whenever it is in Melbourne. It's just too bad he's going to pay for it so BAD in the morning after all that port.

Sleep well Kost.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat, that movie is known locally as "Humpback Mountain."

Posted by: Neil | June 29, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Kost,
Is this fantasy league something the rest of us can view, live vicariously through or otherwise follow as innocent bystanders?

It certainly will help keep the post count up on RI.

Posted by: Stumped | June 29, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Bravo Kost!

Redcoat, can you answer on his behalf?

Posted by: Stumped | June 29, 2007 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat, that movie is known locally as "Humpback Mountain."

Posted by: Neil | June 29, 2007 02:46 PM

LMGO Neil, that is just perfect!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Stumped, it's on NFL.com. I don't know if you can view, but I expect you can.

I think there may even be one place left if you email kost52 at hotmail dot com you could be the guy!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 2:52 PM | Report abuse

The league on NFL.com is called "more than just punters" if that helps.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Wow, Sexy Rexy Grossman is a free agent at the end of next season. Shall I start the engines on Redskins One?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 3:00 PM | Report abuse

i love it when people substitute the word MONEY with RE-SAUCES.

QUICK GIMME ALL YOUR RE-SAUCES BEFORE I BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT!

Posted by: dealer | June 29, 2007 3:06 PM | Report abuse

I'll have to check it out Redcoat.
I know nothing about it...

Posted by: Stumped | June 29, 2007 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Stumped- I'm sure the trash talking from Kost and his mates will be non-stop up here. Anytime they win a week, we'll hear all about how the Aussie's beat the Yanks at their own game. Anytime we win, we'll hear how we're supposed to kick their arses. It's a no-win situation. A lot like marriage.

Posted by: 4-12 | June 29, 2007 3:12 PM | Report abuse

5 TCCL's for Kost and his tonight/tomorrow drunken blogfest.

Posted by: 4-12 | June 29, 2007 3:18 PM | Report abuse

5 TCCL's for Kost for staying upright throughout his drunken blogfest!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 3:24 PM | Report abuse

4-12,
So, it sucks the life out of you. Hmm, that sounds pretty good.

Posted by: Stumped | June 29, 2007 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Marriage sucks the life out of you. Sounds about right.

Posted by: 4-12 | June 29, 2007 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Sorry to beat dead horses, but here's a good piece from the Rocky Mountain News regarding the broken veterans.

So, Kost, other than your obvious sagacity and good looks, what lead you to choose our Redskins as your NFL team?

Posted by: Neil | June 29, 2007 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Neil | June 29, 2007 03:38 PM

If you go back to 8:02 AM in this same thread you will see Kost's reply to that very question.

Redcoat over and out. See you guys next week - family calls!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 29, 2007 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Sorry Stumped. I read my post again... the fantasy football and trash talking that goes with it is all in good fun. Now, the married thingy...

Posted by: 4-12 | June 29, 2007 3:46 PM | Report abuse

"Punts Washington coaches don't feel that journeyman quarterback Casey Bramlet, who led Hamburg to the NFL Europa championship last weekend, is ready to serve as the primary backup to starter Jason Campbell in 2007. But if Bramlet has a solid training camp, chances are that he will be the No. 3 quarterback and that one of the veteran backups, either Mark Brunell or Todd Collins, will be sent packing. ..." Via Len Pastabelly

ALSO,

I never knew I was one block away from an AT&T Store until I saw a bunch of Middle Aged Geeks (one reasembled SMACK - Honestly) in a line anc couldn't figure out why the heck they were there? Then I thought of Butz55

(Insert Butz55)

Any of you Geeks know where i can get my hands on a IPhone with buns?

Posted by: 4th | June 29, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

4th, you flatter me! Are you still shouting at women because you don't like their coats?

Posted by: SMACK | June 29, 2007 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Ha! No, I was in the Car.

This is how "8 hour work day" went

10:30 - Came in

Noon - Went to lunch

2:45 - Came back

4:22 - I'm outta 5000

Also - Marriage - sucks the life out of you - I concur.

See y'all Monday!

Posted by: 4th | June 29, 2007 4:23 PM | Report abuse

gadzooks

Posted by: hills in dc | June 29, 2007 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Yeoman's work today by Kost and Redcoat! Carry on.

Posted by: Mad Dog | June 29, 2007 5:38 PM | Report abuse

"Punts: Washington coaches don't feel that journeyman quarterback Casey Bramlet, who led Hamburg to the NFL Europa championship last weekend, is ready to serve as the primary backup to starter Jason Campbell in 2007."

Of course they are going to say that. GEE? They want these guys to work XTRA HARD as in KILL THEMSELVES competing.

Brunell had surgery on HIS THROWING shoulder. He's not going to learn to throw 3/4 side-arm like Sonny Jurgenson did. He's not going to be able to throw the long ball. Nor, the various deep sideline passes. He's not going to be able to get rid of the ball when under pressure as quickly. He is now a coach and mentor.

C'mon, Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders are not stupid. But they need to be sure they get someone they can rely on. They can't wait. Collins would do well to assume he is one of the gaggle of QBs and bust his butt ala Rypien versus Humpheries. The more intense the competition the better chance they will have what they need when the season opens.

Posted by: periculum | June 29, 2007 5:50 PM | Report abuse

"I don't think there is any single reason they have fallen short, but the one position they have yet to get right is quarterback."

Much to the annoyance and utter frustration of Joe Gibbs. That is one reason why Saunders was brought in. Gibbs and Saunders will make the competition at quarterback extremely heated. Gibbs has been known to quickly change his mind as we have seen with Ramsay and Brunell. Thus demonstrating how accurate the above poster's conclusion might be.

Its going to be HEATED. Very heated.

Posted by: periculum | June 29, 2007 5:54 PM | Report abuse

iPhone costs too many bones, they all must be stoned to want to take out yet another loan.

Posted by: periculum | June 29, 2007 5:57 PM | Report abuse

I'm in line here in Seattle. Technically I'm NOT in line, I hired a college kid to stand in line for me. She's doing a standup job, showed up an hour and a half early, brought her Cheez-Its and bottled water, and is having a grand ol time. She texts me every half hour so I can live vicariously through her.

Meanwhile, all the homeless people are in Starbucks because all the nerds have taken their place on the street.

I believe Fake Steve Jobs said it best today:

Posted by: P Diddy | June 29, 2007 6:09 PM | Report abuse

P Diddy,
I need to go pee. Can you swing by and help me out here? Please?
P Diddy...

P Diddy?

P?

Posted by: College kid standing in line | June 29, 2007 6:21 PM | Report abuse

No, you can hold out for 2 more hours.

Damn college kids. Don't even know what VHS is, how do you expect to run the world someday?

Posted by: P Diddy | June 29, 2007 6:25 PM | Report abuse

I have never understood the need to be the first to own the latest thing. Apple is going to keep making iPhones right? Why do guys venture from their moms' basements to sleep outside for a night or more for these things? Somebody help me understand.

Posted by: LH | June 29, 2007 6:25 PM | Report abuse

PDiddy,

The FSJ post was a hoot.

I'm a early adopter wanna be. But like you, the only time I'll cue up is when some airline is holding me hostage.

The electronic convergence is upon us (like the paperless office).

namastay, er whatever.

Posted by: Stumped | June 29, 2007 6:37 PM | Report abuse

I have never understood the need to be the first

Posted by: LH | June 29, 2007 06:25 PM

1st!!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | June 29, 2007 6:46 PM | Report abuse

some people on here are good story tellers

Posted by: Anonymous | June 29, 2007 7:07 PM | Report abuse

The only thing paperless at my office is the restroom. Amazing technology. Now you can blog while skydiving. But help me understand the hype, is this thing also a flask?

Posted by: SMACK | June 29, 2007 7:36 PM | Report abuse

LMGO
It's friday. P Diddy's girl probably had vodka in that water bottle.
hic*

Posted by: Stumped | June 29, 2007 7:46 PM | Report abuse

you actually believe that? wow.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 29, 2007 8:11 PM | Report abuse

I bet that water bottle has a secret compartment.

Posted by: SMACK | June 29, 2007 8:17 PM | Report abuse

Anon,
I believe ALL of it.
Truth is stranger than fiction and its all strange.

Posted by: Stumped | June 29, 2007 8:25 PM | Report abuse

we need a new post

Posted by: beep beep | June 29, 2007 10:17 PM | Report abuse

I came up with an awesome nickname for the #1 overall pick in the NBA draft: "Odin"

Pretty good, huh?

Portland is en fuego over this dude. The entire front page of the local paper is a photo of Odin shaking tiny little David Stern's hand. Good times.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 29, 2007 11:19 PM | Report abuse

Wow, who thought the nickname Odin would cause such a long, ackward silence?

Posted by: gethanr13 | June 30, 2007 12:35 AM | Report abuse

As opposed to the unawkward, 3 hr silence before that. BYGO people!

Posted by: SMACK | June 30, 2007 12:41 AM | Report abuse

Great Odin's raven!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 30, 2007 1:34 AM | Report abuse

Er, F the Ravens.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 30, 2007 1:35 AM | Report abuse

Edgar Allen Podin

Posted by: Anonymous | June 30, 2007 1:42 AM | Report abuse

Sorry that above dumbness was me. I hate to sully the good name of Anon

Posted by: SMACK | June 30, 2007 1:43 AM | Report abuse

And I guess while I'm at it, I'll ask the NFL Network people in the crowd. Rich Eisen and Jamie Dukes? I can't look at or listen to those guys all day. NFL Net needs some women, and then some intelligent men. But first the women.

Posted by: SMACK | June 30, 2007 2:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: The Crickets | June 30, 2007 5:21 AM | Report abuse

Where is everybody, over at the Wimbledon blog? Hail to David Nalbandian! Fight for old Cordoba, Argentina!

Posted by: SMACK | June 30, 2007 9:59 AM | Report abuse

everything about this franchise is a joke. when will this shti end.

The Washington Redskins yesterday apologized for sending an erroneous e-mail offering partial season ticket plans for club seats at FedEx Field.

The team said it has not changed its policy of selling tickets on a full season or multiyear basis. Only 300 premium seats remain for sale, the team said.

An e-mail advertising the sale of partial plans was sent Thursday afternoon to many fans on the Redskins' season ticket waiting list, including some members of the media. According to the team, the e-mail was intended as an internal message to a marketing partner and did not include a valid offer.

Based on the e-mail, The Washington Times reported that partial plans were on sale, and obtained prices for the plans by calling the Redskins ticket office. An attempt to contact Redskins spokesman Karl Swanson on Thursday was unsuccessful, but Swanson said yesterday he was unable to return the call because he was traveling.

"The e-mail went out by mistake," Mitch Gershman, the team"s chief operating officer, said in a press release. "One of our broadcast advertising partners was suggesting a potential program, leading to some internal confusion. We retract the e-mail in its entirety. Seats at the stadium are sold only on a full-season and multiyear contractual basis.

"I apologize for the error and any confusion or inconvenience it caused," Gershman said. "There are just over 300 premium seats available for the upcoming season. The other 20,000 are all under long-term contracts."

Posted by: Anonymous | June 30, 2007 10:51 AM | Report abuse

So is the NFL going to creat a new development league stateside? I did some research and found out there are arround many stadiums in the US, that can have a football team and don't actually have a team, pro or college playing there, most of em are in the south and used for the Bowl Games. You could easily have teams in the following,

Orange Bowl- orlando,
Cotton Bowl- Dalas,
Alamo Dome- San Antonio,
Independance Stadium- Shreveport,
RFK-DC,
Ladd Pebels- Mobiel,
Le Stade- Montreal.

Each of these can hold between 40,000 and 70,000 people, and are in areas that could support a March-June league climate wise. There are also many soccer stadiums that hold arround 25,000 now.

Posted by: 35332 | June 30, 2007 12:26 PM | Report abuse

He was talking about ARE and how he thinks his production should go way up this year with JC raking all the snaps. Someone who can actually throw the ball to him deep and will be playing in the slot.

Then he talked about Troy Williamson on the Vikes. All his highlights were from the Monday night opener last year with our secondary getting constantly burned. Made me throw up in mouth.

Posted by: Per John Clayton | June 30, 2007 3:22 PM | Report abuse

man this blog stinks like someone ate some bad shellfish and forgot to flush

Posted by: Anonymous | June 30, 2007 3:27 PM | Report abuse

MSN I NIIPET
MSN

Posted by: Bill | June 30, 2007 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Wake me up when someone starts throwing a football or pancaking a line up. Geez... how many days til September?

Posted by: September is too far. | July 1, 2007 1:44 AM | Report abuse

Wow, one post in 16 hours. This one really is DOA. new post PLEASE!

Posted by: Redcoat | July 1, 2007 6:50 AM | Report abuse

This ticket email thing is an absolute joke. We are fans of the worst run sports franchise EVER.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 1, 2007 8:31 AM | Report abuse

Worst run but one of the most valuable on Earth, and no. 1 in the North America.

Posted by: 35332 | July 1, 2007 8:38 AM | Report abuse

With all due respect, can we get something other than a tragic death as the Redskins headline?

Posted by: disappointed | July 1, 2007 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 35332 | July 1, 2007 08:38 AM

that is why you have to question that d-bag snyder's motives. if he was so interested in winning wouldn't you bring in a knowledgeable personnel guy. he will be making money hand over fist either way. sports is about winning...what happened to those days???

Posted by: sell the team dik | July 1, 2007 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Poll: How many of you up here have the iphone? and your review? (optional)

and if any of you feel the need to get me something for x-mas/my bday i would like the $600 one.

Posted by: dealer | July 1, 2007 10:09 AM | Report abuse

saw Munich last night. story was good but spielberg did a horrible job directing. it was informative. (yes, i can differentiate between a propaganda fact and an unbiased fact).

after watching it i came out feeling sorry for everyone involved in this whole mess like never before (not an expert in mideast before 1980). but i still don't get why they're fighting. who's fueling this fire? and why?

i thought that french(?) dude's character was the most critical one. because he was the one answering most of the viewer's questions.

but i really wish the author of the book or the producer had taken more liberties with their theories. because i don't even know what the theories are behind this mess.

Posted by: dealer | July 1, 2007 10:20 AM | Report abuse

I don't think the word Redskins appears anywhere in todays print Sports section. You guys wanted a quiet offseason but wow, it makes for dull times.

Posted by: SMACK | July 1, 2007 11:07 AM | Report abuse

dealer, I have the iPhone and I LOOOOVE it. It's beautiful, it's functional, it's everything it's made out to be on the Apple Web site. And you know who I work for, so you know this is a rather unbiased opinion. Apple's products are (as El Jobso would put), "beautifully simple and simply beautiful" (my new favorite chiasmus).

Four things I hate: can't forward a text message, camera doesn't do video, no Exchange support, and AT&T's HORRIBLE EDGE network. The first three can, and will, be fixed by software upgrades in the next 6 months.

The accelerometer bit is GREAT eye candy (tilt the iPhone to the right and go into landscape mode). I REALLY love the gesture UI. I find myself doing the scroll up/down metaphor quite a bit on my Mac and getting annoyed that it doesn't work the same way. It's only a matter of time before all of Apple's products incorporate touch screens, the gesture UI, and multi-touch. It works just like the commercials and videos on apple.com.

This really, really is an amazing phone. It is entirely worthy of the hype. Apple and its employees should be extraordinarily proud of their accomplishment.

All of that said, the Fake Steve Jobs paragraph about Darfur and Iraq and Congress and our know-nothing president rings very true. If only we could get people to get excited about making a real difference in the world. I think it's idiotic to stand in line for this kind of thing (and, of course, I did, albeit via proxy).

Posted by: P Diddy | July 1, 2007 12:19 PM | Report abuse

You want to see a train wreck of a movie, just head to the theatre and see anything from this summer: Spidey 3 was lame, Fantastic Four was an abhomination, Shrek 3 was stupid. Early reviews on Transformers are a mixed bag. The script I read last summer was silly, but that was prior to production, so I'm sure (I HOPE) it has changed. I saw Die Hard 4 yesterday...what a sloppy, sloppy, sloppy effort. Way too much stupid exposition, lots of absolutely absurd set pieces. The first Die Hard is among the 100 best movies of all-time: tight script, exceptional acting, strong characterization, fantastic direction, and brilliant cinematography. This Die Hard 4 mess lacks in all categories.

Could it be that the only thing that saves the summer is The Simpsons Movie?

I think I said it up here a long time ago, but these things go in cycles. Currently all the hot writers are working in TV. They get a lot more creative license there, network bosses are a lot less idiotic than film producers (it's relative, though), and there is a different kind of pressure that is more conducive to the creative process. In time, they'll all come back to thinking, "Well, this has been a great diversion, but to REALLY make a name for myself, I need to go back to film", and you'll see them migrate en masse and movies will be good again.

Until then, we're stuck with the dreck that is this summer's movies...

Posted by: P Diddy | July 1, 2007 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and welcome to July everyone! July and August are the two best months of the year. Why, may you ask? Two words: beaches, bikinis.

Mmmmmmm...

Posted by: P Diddy | July 1, 2007 12:31 PM | Report abuse

You know, if we run out of things to talk about, we could always celebrate the anniversary of Watergate.

Posted by: P Diddy | July 1, 2007 12:49 PM | Report abuse

has anyone seen michael moore's "SiCKO"?

Posted by: TDawg | July 1, 2007 1:28 PM | Report abuse

You all seriously need to get laid.

Posted by: P-Gettin' | July 1, 2007 1:47 PM | Report abuse

F off, P-Hater.

-Fife

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 1, 2007 2:10 PM | Report abuse

TDawg, Mrs. Nate and I caught 'Sicko' last night. Fantastic.

This is a very different Michael Moore than the antagonistic guy who put himself at the center of 'Roger & Me,' 'Columbine' and 'Fahrenheit.'

Go see it.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 1, 2007 2:13 PM | Report abuse

So all this movie talk got me to thinking about the follow-up to Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, which opens July '08. Anybody else see that Maggie Gyllenhaal is replacing Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes?

Thoughts? Comments?

Posted by: MV Dame | July 1, 2007 4:01 PM | Report abuse

And, Diddy, what about The Bourne Ultimatum? Shouldn't that be a good one this Summer?

Posted by: MV Dame | July 1, 2007 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Hey guys! You're right about the lamosity of the summer movies....I did see "Sicko" and agree that it's something different from Moore. Worth seeing. Also caught "Once," which was delightful. I've loved all the Bourne (even though it should be spelled Boren) movies, so I'm there for "Ultimatum." As a HUGE Christian Bale fan, I thought "Batman Begins" was terrific and that Holmes was the weakest part of it. So bring on Maggie Gyllenhaal. Or even Jake.
And I'm totally not to blame for that blackout on the Upper East Side.

Posted by: Cindy | July 1, 2007 4:23 PM | Report abuse

So Cindy, tell us - what is the Boren Ultimatum?

Posted by: charlie | July 1, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse

The Boren Ultimatum: Keep blogging your guts out! On to 100K!

Posted by: Cindy | July 1, 2007 4:45 PM | Report abuse

OMG, Ricky Gervais (the future ex-Mr. Cindy Boren, if there's a God) is singing the David Bowie song from "Extras" in Wembley at the (pretty lame) Princess Diana concert! I've waited two hours for his apperance.
Pug, pug, pug, pug.

Posted by: Cindy | July 1, 2007 4:57 PM | Report abuse

That really is the lamest "benefit concert" ever. What's the deal with the stupid talking heads? It's been years since I watch EmptyV, now I know why I've been avoiding it. Is Kurt Loder still around?

Seeing the rat movie this afternoon, and Sicko probably later tonight.

Posted by: P Diddy | July 1, 2007 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Diddy, please give a review of "the rat movie" afterwards. I'm a huge Pixar fan -- The Incredibles is in my all-time top four -- but my hopes aren't too high for this one based on the trailers. The Post, however, has given it a rave review, which I've refused to read...

Posted by: MV Dame | July 1, 2007 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Sorry for hijacking the blog the other night people.

Has anyone seen my Saturday? I think I lost it somewhere.

Posted by: kost52 | July 1, 2007 6:31 PM | Report abuse

kost, why did you email me that picture of yourself wearing nothing but leg warmers and a headband? That's just wrong, man!

Posted by: SMACK | July 1, 2007 6:51 PM | Report abuse

How would you like a minimum 5 weeks paid vacation and a maximum 35-hour work week? As Lara Logan reports, that's the system the French have right now.

Posted by: jason LaCanFrog | July 1, 2007 7:22 PM | Report abuse

SMACK - Please tell me I didn't! That was for my girlfriend's eyes only!

Posted by: kost52 | July 1, 2007 8:17 PM | Report abuse

Well, well, well if ain't our own RI deputy. Barney is back! Time to get this ship back into shape.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 1, 2007 10:34 PM | Report abuse

thinking about cancelling my hbo subscription.

john from cincy? ugh!

cindy, glad you're okay.

diddy, true that about the movies. and iphone...always happy to see steve jobs doing well...

Posted by: dealer | July 1, 2007 10:36 PM | Report abuse

kost, all in all, it's not a bad Olivia Newton John impression.

Sorry folks, not really, slow day on the internets.

Posted by: SMACK | July 1, 2007 10:55 PM | Report abuse

Geez, don't tell me I have to crack open another cask of port to get this blog happening again!

Posted by: kost52 | July 2, 2007 7:32 AM | Report abuse

So Kost, finally got your head back on your shoulders mate?

Posted by: Redcoat | July 2, 2007 8:19 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, took me a while to find it though!

Posted by: kost52 | July 2, 2007 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Sorry guys, I will be sproadic today as I'm out of the office for most of it.

Cindy, we badly need a new post - ANY new post!

In the meantime, carry on!

Posted by: Redcoat | July 2, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Oh my -

"Though overlooked a bit on the NFL landscape, sources were calling the Broncos' addition of LB Warrick Holdman "a decent little signing" as he worked on the strong side in Denver's starting lineup in May. He has competition -- from Louis Green, Nate Webster and D.D. Lewis, among others -- but the coaching staff prefers his experience and steady play. "

Posted by: kost52 | July 2, 2007 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Re: Redskins Half Season Ticket Sales

I indeed called the ticket office up, and they qouted me what ws available at what price. Unfortunetely, the prices were out of my range and I passed.

But, this shows it was NO mistake. The sales people knew about this and were ready to process the order. Some season ticket holder's must have complained about this......

Posted by: 4th Floor | July 2, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

A quick note (absent anything remotely sporty to discuss)...

jm220 is en route to New Orleans to spend the week volunteering for Katrina relief efforts.

Unlike the December volunteer mission, there is no Redskins game awaiting him this time, and I think he's flying solo instead of with a group of Skins fans. Working his tail off in the sweltering NOLA summer... jm220 is a great man.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 2, 2007 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Agreed.

MAybe we should have a "Man of the RI Blog" award....

Posted by: 4th | July 2, 2007 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Infinite TCCL's for jm220. You are the man.

Kost- Glad to see you survived drinking the whole slab! I'm now registered for the league...

Posted by: 4-12 | July 2, 2007 12:19 PM | Report abuse

kost, what do you think about our new man Eduardo Da Silva?. 34 goals in 32 games...but for Dinamo Zagreb.

Looks like Serena just pulled a Barbaro at Wimbledon. Painful!

Posted by: SMACK | July 2, 2007 12:25 PM | Report abuse

WOOOHOOO!!! we got ourselves a summer MOVIE!!!
Transformers

thank you thank you!

jm220, you have to do a blog entry every day (or whenever you get a chance) you're there. just send cindy and/or jason an e-mail with your post.

Posted by: dealer | July 2, 2007 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Barney Fife hands out personal achievement awards also, very impressive.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2007 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Way to go JM, great stuff.

Posted by: Redcoat | July 2, 2007 2:54 PM | Report abuse

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Pro Bowl punter Brian Moorman plans to finish his career with the Buffalo Bills after signing a three-year contract extension on Monday.

The contract locks Moorman in through 2012, and is worth $10 million, putting him among the league's best paid punters. As part of the deal, the Bills also restructured the remaining three years on his current contract.

Is this the guy Taylor knocked out?

Posted by: 4th | July 2, 2007 2:59 PM | Report abuse

"and AT&T's HORRIBLE EDGE network. The first three can, and will, be fixed by software upgrades in the next 6 months."

SINCE Jobs says that 3rd party programming with be through Web 2.0 ... that one "feature" pretty much puts the kibosh on things. How are you going to stream video through a slow network? NO WONDER the camera doesn't do video. If everything is internet-web based through .Mac, the performance of the network is critical. They should be doing G3 at least. If you are going to rely on ubiquitous internet routers and do most of your work through servers? Can we say SNAIL PHONE?

Bottom line: Wait for iPhone 2.0 to use Web 2.0?

That said the UI for small devices has taken a leap forward. Unfortunately Apple has yet to recover what they lost from their last gigantic leap forward: THE NEWTON. Its everyone's loss. I don't see the judicious use of both handwriting recognition and voice recognition as a means of interacting with the iPhone. As opposed to using a touch screen keyboard. Its still inconvenient and awkward in transit. But, the blue tooth headset is supposed to be killer.

First and foremost, Apple needs to fix the network issue. You can't have a diskless node on a slow network.

Posted by: periculum | July 2, 2007 3:08 PM | Report abuse

BTW,

As the little girl said in "Jurassic Park". "Its UNIX I know this". So, yes I know Macs, Mac OS X and
even A/UX.

Sometimes you have to beat on Apple to get the silly marketing, sales and management types to listen to their own developers. Much to my lasting chagrin ...

Posted by: periculum | July 2, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

There's a new post at last!

Posted by: Redcoat | July 2, 2007 3:41 PM | Report abuse

poze vdripjwta qpdoeuvb jhbzs nyjw lpjusifc loigcy

Posted by: bzqy bguh | July 25, 2007 11:10 AM | Report abuse

cdysak ukigc sxvfq scwu acly hivrqs eovpcxfrw http://www.dhiz.heoqv.com

Posted by: ueqgzrnp ktcmang | July 25, 2007 11:11 AM | Report abuse

cdysak ukigc sxvfq scwu acly hivrqs eovpcxfrw http://www.dhiz.heoqv.com

Posted by: ueqgzrnp ktcmang | July 25, 2007 11:13 AM | Report abuse

cdysak ukigc sxvfq scwu acly hivrqs eovpcxfrw http://www.dhiz.heoqv.com

Posted by: ueqgzrnp ktcmang | July 25, 2007 11:14 AM | Report abuse

cvdrkwya tvbm jedwl eikpohdt qnhgxo lbzyg abdfk [URL=http://www.fmtzkh.gksnwjli.com]pfaz zcgpksw[/URL]

Posted by: wuilzdokq nkbdso | July 25, 2007 11:16 AM | Report abuse

dbrw rlemkj vghtebzc bshoxl xlbwrj xghr yrbxmpqi [URL]http://www.ljsqnetm.qxpya.com[/URL] nlsz zvwglihof

Posted by: pyctr mhzdtoiq | July 25, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: pyctr mhzdtoiq | July 25, 2007 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: pyctr mhzdtoiq | July 25, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

corneliawalshrnemergencynursesassociation corneliawalshrnemergencynursesassociation,cronaldopictures cronaldopictures,localonlineyellowpages localonlineyellowpages,ronaldokneeinjury ronaldokneeinjury,carrolltonkentuckyyellowpages carrolltonkentuckyyellowpages,moviemakingprocess-disneyfilms moviemakingprocess-disneyfilms,mitacc-55photocopier mitacc-55photocopier,blockbusterlist blockbusterlist,sprintmobilephones sprintmobilephones,photocopierconsole photocopierconsole,

Posted by: gyn228 | July 31, 2007 5:22 PM | Report abuse

zanesvilleohgeneaology zanesvilleohgeneaology,interestingfactsaboutthenervoussystem interestingfactsaboutthenervoussystem,kyleavorislarcenypossession kyleavorislarcenypossession,shakinghandanimatedgif shakinghandanimatedgif,blainemnsoccerbreakouttournament blainemnsoccerbreakouttournament,morisl25m morisl25m,godofwar2cheatsps2 godofwar2cheatsps2,meublacnewyorkdappartement meublacnewyorkdappartement,popularanimetitles popularanimetitles,vtwinfourms vtwinfourms,

Posted by: 2ndhandmarinedieselenginesinmalaysia | July 31, 2007 8:01 PM | Report abuse

updatedscannerfreqohiomonroecounty updatedscannerfreqohiomonroecounty,binghamsbay binghamsbay,tyralexebony tyralexebony,mamievandoreen mamievandoreen,classichondafours classichondafours,sexypostcardimages sexypostcardimages,legitimatedvd2fvideogamehomebasedbusinessopportunities legitimatedvd2fvideogamehomebasedbusinessopportunities,hanesclassiccrewandshirtandtall hanesclassiccrewandshirtandtall,samanthadormanimages samanthadormanimages,japantemple2003 japantemple2003,

Posted by: russianwomenfreeemails | July 31, 2007 11:30 PM | Report abuse

localnewsburgundyvillage2006 localnewsburgundyvillage2006,dolphinsfootball dolphinsfootball,freebearsharedownloads freebearsharedownloads,illiniosguidelinesforchildcustodyevaluations illiniosguidelinesforchildcustodyevaluations,weberderfreishutzcomposedin weberderfreishutzcomposedin,leaseofboeing737-400 leaseofboeing737-400,mercatillinios mercatillinios,tfindmodelsinvalvemodelsplayer tfindmodelsinvalvemodelsplayer,visitburgundyinwinter visitburgundyinwinter,formularhelixlength formularhelixlength,

Posted by: kulachihansrajmodelschool | August 1, 2007 12:44 AM | Report abuse

atabledetailingterroristattacks atabledetailingterroristattacks,workoutsexercisesforpregnantwomen workoutsexercisesforpregnantwomen,wwwfncsnetinfofnsinformationandworldwidenews wwwfncsnetinfofnsinformationandworldwidenews,tekkenzibatsu tekkenzibatsu,businesssensewhenowningonepartnerships businesssensewhenowningonepartnerships,fn fn,owningafox owningafox,babybutteredcarrotsrecipe babybutteredcarrotsrecipe,cheriebrooks cheriebrooks,maintenanceqainspection maintenanceqainspection,

Posted by: nashvilletennesseeusedcars | August 1, 2007 11:21 AM | Report abuse

window2000setupprogram window2000setupprogram,15wheels4lugs 15wheels4lugs,scottyferrallsiruisradio scottyferrallsiruisradio,seniorhousingsaltlakecity seniorhousingsaltlakecity,suwaneeriverjam suwaneeriverjam,exemptionsandexceptionstothefourthamendment exemptionsandexceptionstothefourthamendment,gokartpartsmagwheels gokartpartsmagwheels,homesteadexemptionsinvirginia homesteadexemptionsinvirginia,printondemandbooksellers printondemandbooksellers,bjmulderbasketballtrainingvideo bjmulderbasketballtrainingvideo,

Posted by: bombyxmoril | August 1, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

MSN I NIIPET
http://msn.com >MSN

Posted by: Bill | August 7, 2007 7:06 AM | Report abuse

My name is Elena. To me of 20 years.
I would like to get acquainted with you if you not against.
I Look forward to hear you soon with impatience. Adult Dating[url=http://toplop.com/?idAff=59]Adult Dating[/url]

Posted by: datindmex | August 26, 2007 11:59 PM | Report abuse

My name is Elena. To me of 20 years.
I would like to get acquainted with you if you not against.

Posted by: datindmex | August 26, 2007 11:59 PM | Report abuse

My name is Elena. To me of 20 years.
I would like to get acquainted with you if you not against.

Posted by: datindyvl | August 28, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

My name is Elena. To me of 20 years.
I would like to get acquainted with you if you not against.

Posted by: datindyvl | August 28, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

My name is Elena. To me of 20 years.
I would like to get acquainted with you if you not against.

Posted by: datindyvl | August 28, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

My name is Elena. To me of 20 years.
I would like to get acquainted with you if you not against.

Posted by: datindawr | September 1, 2007 9:23 AM | Report abuse