Waiting for the JV Game...

You know, the one between the Pats and Gints, the one that precedes the big game between the Redskins and the Boys of Cow. Nothing further to add at the moment, just trying to decide whether to watch NBC, CBS or the NFL Network....
I agree with Jasno about tomorrow's game; I do think the Redskins will win. And feel free to point out that I had predicted 7-8 going into the finale. You're letting me off easy.
If you're going to the game, you might want to check the weather forecast; at the moment, they're predicting rain/freezing rain/snow in the afternoon. There's not supposed to be much accumulation, though. Besides, when are the weather poodles ever right?
Anywho, as Jasno would say, who do you like tonight? I understand the Gints don't really care if they win; they're starting Eli Manning. Stay tuned for more knee-slappers like that one.

By Cindy Boren  |  December 29, 2007; 6:05 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Injury Report
Next: Ahmad's Guest Blog

Comments

What's on ABC and Fox tonight?

Posted by: PDiddy | December 29, 2007 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Fox: Cops, America's Most Wanted, MadTV (they shoulda put a Prison Break in there)
ABC: a four-episode Samantha Who? "marathon," followed by Women's Murder Club.
Oh, yeah, make me watch any of that.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 6:25 PM | Report abuse

You see, it's crap like this that drives me to the brink of alcoholism.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 29, 2007 6:26 PM | Report abuse

Even though I can't stand Eli (and the Giants) I do hope they beat the flippin' arrogant Pats tonight....but it ain't happening.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 29, 2007 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Brink? You mean I am ahead of you in the race?

Posted by: alex35332 | December 29, 2007 6:28 PM | Report abuse

I heard one Giant fan on the radio say that he thinks they can beat NE and lose to TB in the playoffs.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 29, 2007 6:32 PM | Report abuse

You know, I love the city of New York, but I hate the city of Boston. However, sports fans of both towns stink. I say let the Earth open up and swallow them both whole.

Beat Dallas!

Posted by: PDiddy | December 29, 2007 6:36 PM | Report abuse

Have to go to my best friend's birthday party tonight. Well, part one of it (for close family and friends). Part two (for all the town's drunkards) is next week. I only mention this because it's at a tapas place and after one bottle of Rioja, I believe I'll be in a happier place than anyone home watching TV tonight.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 29, 2007 6:39 PM | Report abuse

Wo Ho for tapas

Posted by: alex35332 | December 29, 2007 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Watching "Ransom" on TV right now (the old Mel Gibson, Renee Russo flick). I have to say, I think this is an underappreciated film. Pretty well acted, great dialogue, good twist at the end.

Much better than "Samantha, Who?"...

Posted by: PDiddy | December 29, 2007 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Whatever is on C-SPAN right now is better than "Samantha, Who?"

Posted by: PDiddy | December 29, 2007 6:46 PM | Report abuse

"Country Fried Home Video" on CMT...better than "Samantha, Who?"

Posted by: PDiddy | December 29, 2007 6:46 PM | Report abuse

"24" marathon on WGN...better than "Samantha, Who?"

Posted by: PDiddy | December 29, 2007 6:47 PM | Report abuse

"Beaches" wrapping up on TV Land...okay, not better than "Samantha, Who?"

Posted by: PDiddy | December 29, 2007 6:48 PM | Report abuse

Hehehehe...NFLN about to talk about the 1942 Chicago Bears. Undefeated in the regular season. Lost the NFL Championship Game to...the 'Skins!

Posted by: PDiddy | December 29, 2007 6:58 PM | Report abuse

The NASA channel is better than Samantha, Who?

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Worst things on television:

1. Bette Midler
2. "Samantha Who?"
3. ABC Afterschool Special
4. Disney Channel
5. NASA Channel

Posted by: PDiddy | December 29, 2007 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Hey, wait! "The Boren Supremacy" is on tonight!

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 7:08 PM | Report abuse

Awesome. That scene in the train station rocked.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 29, 2007 7:10 PM | Report abuse

"Dick Tracy", "Scary Movie 4", and "Star Trek V" are all also on.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 29, 2007 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Black irony hope:
Moss makes catch, flies out of bounds --
Brained by camera.

Posted by: HaikuMan | December 29, 2007 7:15 PM | Report abuse

Probably will be watching "It's a Wonderful Life" tonight after dinner.

I win.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 7:21 PM | Report abuse

Ah, what's better than the return of HaikuMan? And, Freakzilla, do you have weekend plans with your gentleman friend?

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 7:23 PM | Report abuse

Beat Dallas, and I shall reveal myself.

Posted by: notguy | December 29, 2007 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Frigin loseable type

Posted by: squashmo | December 29, 2007 7:31 PM | Report abuse

TheCindy,

Yes, planning to watch the game tomorrow at his place with a bunch of other folks.

Should be a hoot and a half.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 7:33 PM | Report abuse

Suggests a trench coat
For dramatic effect, Not:
First impressions key.

Posted by: HaikuMan | December 29, 2007 7:35 PM | Report abuse

No interest in Pats/Gints...Maybe Bourne Supremacy...any suggestions?

cosmofla

Posted by: squashmo | December 29, 2007 7:36 PM | Report abuse

Boren Supremacy! Maybe "Music & Lyrics" on HBO? I know a guy who loved that movie. I haven't seen it. I did see "Sweeney Todd" Thursday night and recommend it highly.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Same guy also loved "No Country for Old Men." I think he'd want me to share that info with you.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 7:43 PM | Report abuse

In case you're wondering:

With a perfect season on the line for the Patriots, neither New England nor the New York Giants rested any healthy players for their regular-season finale Saturday night at Giants Stadium.
The biggest surprise was that Giants halfback Ahmad Bradshaw was inactive. The rookie rushed for a career-best 151 yards in last week's playoff clinching win over Buffalo, but injured a calf that kept him out of practice this week.
Patriots starting left tackle Nick Kaczur was inactive with a foot injury. Ryan O'Callaghan was expected to start.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 7:51 PM | Report abuse

Have The Last Samurai and love it. Feels like a classic but don't really care for TC(that would be Tom Cat, Not Todd Collins).
May settle in for that. Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted by: squashmo | December 29, 2007 7:54 PM | Report abuse

No interest in Pats/Gints...Maybe Bourne Supremacy...any suggestions?

cosmofla

Posted by: squashmo | December 29, 2007 07:36 PM

Have you seen "Samantha Who?"?

Posted by: mack1 | December 29, 2007 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Last Samurai was terrific. Check here periodically for game updates.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 8:00 PM | Report abuse

Since when does 55.3% = less than half? Gumbel is the worst.

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 8:16 PM | Report abuse

Um, that's a horrible challenge.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 8:18 PM | Report abuse

How did Brady Quinn get a commercial when he's been riding the pine all year?

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Here's a percentage for ya: 100%

As in, the chance that Tom Coughlin looks exasperated after he loses this challenge. (I'm watching on my Slingbox for a few minutes.)

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Mike Carey is hot.....but I'm still ticked with him about bad calls he makes against the Skins.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 29, 2007 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Lisa, I agree w/ you about Springs. Mike Carey doesn't do it for me, though. LOL

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 8:24 PM | Report abuse

EXCELLENT goal line awareness by Jacobs there.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 8:24 PM | Report abuse

"The Patriots and their high powered offense will come back on the field for the first time this evening..." LOL

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 8:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 8:29 PM | Report abuse

Cindy, hilarious. LOL

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 8:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 8:32 PM | Report abuse

How do you play behind a receiver on 4th down?

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Hating Tom Terrific as I do, the picture alone was comedic gold for me. LOL

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 8:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 8:37 PM | Report abuse

What do you suppose the odds are that Bryant, at some point this evening, states that the game is coming to us from the Netherlands?

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 8:39 PM | Report abuse

That is a Mort L. Lock.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 8:39 PM | Report abuse

LOL

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 8:40 PM | Report abuse

That was my Grampa's name.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 8:44 PM | Report abuse

HOW CAN THESE GUYS NOT KNOW THAT'S MOSS DOWN ON THE FIELD??????

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 8:51 PM | Report abuse

Are the Jints fans booing that Moss walked off the field? Dang, that's brutal.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Well, there are no icy snowballs for them to throw.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 8:54 PM | Report abuse

So it's not going to end in a scoreless tie then, eh?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 29, 2007 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Dumb move by Randy Moss.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 9:03 PM | Report abuse

Gosh, I go upstairs for 5 minutes to get dressed for dinner and miss 2 TDs.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 9:04 PM | Report abuse

But you returned in time to see tape of Brady at the NFL Combine.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 9:06 PM | Report abuse

More comedic gold. LOL

*******************************

But you returned in time to see tape of Brady at the NFL Combine.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 09:06 PM

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 9:07 PM | Report abuse

I was telling a coworker about "Sweeney Todd" and how I'm now convinced that Johnny Depp can do anything and it occurred to me that he could even star in "Sweeney Todd Collins."

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 9:15 PM | Report abuse

My wife is torn over seeing Sweeney Todd. She doesn't like bloody movies, but she loves Johnny Depp. What to do?

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 9:19 PM | Report abuse

Yes, Johnny Depp can, if Frank Sinatra says it's okay.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 29, 2007 9:20 PM | Report abuse

I am of the opinion that Mr. Depp is such a fine, um, actor that what's a little blood? Besides, it's Tim Burton. The blood is so over the top, it isn't gross.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 9:22 PM | Report abuse

zilla, I reckon you ought to tell her it's fake blood.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 29, 2007 9:22 PM | Report abuse

Gints still wearing No. 21 decal.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 9:23 PM | Report abuse

That "I reckon" was a nod to our mate down under, kost52, who should be getting back from his walkabout any day now...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 29, 2007 9:23 PM | Report abuse

Any chance Belichick and Coughlin get into a fistfight? That would rule.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 29, 2007 9:25 PM | Report abuse

We do love the Tim Burton in this house. Mayhaps we'll do a date night on Thursday and go see it.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Oh, your lips to Santa's ears. A fistfight would be fabulous.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 9:27 PM | Report abuse

Excellent idea. It isn't the very best Tim Burton, but it's very solid.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 9:28 PM | Report abuse

We just finally watched Mars Attacks last month. I'm not sure why it took me so long to see it. I laughed my guts out.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 9:31 PM | Report abuse

Jacobs vs. Seau, the thrilla in the ... swamp-a.
Who'd win that one???

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Methinks Jacobs would have wiped the field w/ the old dude.

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Belicheat is saying to Mike Carey, "You do know I'm a Druid with mystical powers, right?"

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 9:35 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe Collinsworth doesn't think that sticking your finger inside a guy's facemask isn't an intent to injure. It's playful?

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Tell me Gumbel didn't just call this a dogfight in the Meadowlands.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 9:39 PM | Report abuse

TD Giants. Well now.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 9:40 PM | Report abuse

Alright. Dinner party time. Catch you groovy cats later.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 29, 2007 9:43 PM | Report abuse

Peace out, zilla.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 9:44 PM | Report abuse

NFL Network has got to be kidding me. They're essentially doing an infomercial at half time. LOL

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 9:50 PM | Report abuse

I love the way they're telling viewers how they can call their cable companies....It's a giant infomercial. Er, a Giant infomercial.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 9:52 PM | Report abuse

The fix is in. I feel like I'm watching an off-Broadway production of the NFL. This one could come right down to the denouement folks!

I was hoping for a denouement of players.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 9:54 PM | Report abuse

You're wrong, Smack. This one is going to right down to the end.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 9:57 PM | Report abuse

Starring Ben Watson as Randy Moss.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 9:58 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, he tried to cover that one up. Like last week when he didn't know Chad Johnson is number 85.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 10:01 PM | Report abuse

There are a lot of unemployed writers in MY. Just sayin'.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 10:04 PM | Report abuse

Wow.

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Shoes must have mafia connections.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 10:09 PM | Report abuse

this put up your dukes ad would have been better if they actually filmed different sets of it with different questions.

Posted by: spotter | December 29, 2007 10:10 PM | Report abuse

That had to hurt Hoffa's forehead.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 10:11 PM | Report abuse

couple of comments on nfl network vs. OTA coverage.

At least over FIOS

1) the NBC/CBS coverage seems to be slightly delayed 2) is not as "bright" color wise.

in general, I'm wondering if this game is 91 vs. 21 with the power of the 21 sticker killing the 91 :)

Posted by: spotter | December 29, 2007 10:13 PM | Report abuse

Take 2! Yeah you hate an extra down inside the 7.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 10:19 PM | Report abuse

Hey! Where is everybody?

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 10:40 PM | Report abuse

tom brady for president (even if he'd rather run as a red).

his team is down by 5...can he lead them back to set the nfl records?

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 10:40 PM | Report abuse

manning doing his thing

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 10:41 PM | Report abuse

Adalius Thomas MAY have gotten a hand on that pass and tipped it???

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 10:41 PM | Report abuse

Ladies and gentlemen, Eli Manning.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 10:43 PM | Report abuse

it's amazing how many people "hate" brady and the patsies. i don't like bellichoke for very obvious reasons. but to not like brady is just wrong. :)

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 10:45 PM | Report abuse

OHH MY GOD!

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 10:46 PM | Report abuse

How can Randy Moss not catch that????

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 10:47 PM | Report abuse

Um, yeah. Okay. All righty then.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 10:47 PM | Report abuse

HOLLLYYYYYYYYYY SHTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

i can't believe i witnessed that!

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 10:47 PM | Report abuse

wow! just amazing. michael jordanesque moment right there

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 10:48 PM | Report abuse

Okay, the NFL Network has to stop congratulating everybody. That said...wow.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 10:49 PM | Report abuse

is brady done for the night?

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 10:50 PM | Report abuse

i can't believe i just heard gumbel say "can't be 81 of the giants that's toomer"...wow! miracles all around

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 10:52 PM | Report abuse

Act IV, Scene 2.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 10:52 PM | Report abuse

No, not sure what he was doing (maybe a pads problem), but he ain't coming out with a three-point lead.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 10:53 PM | Report abuse

so smack, are you nervous about tomorrow?

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 10:54 PM | Report abuse

btw cindy, loved the post up here. especially the love for shEli!

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 10:55 PM | Report abuse

cindy, may i?

ladies and gentlemen, Eli Manning!

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 10:56 PM | Report abuse

Why would I be nervous about tomorrow?

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 10:57 PM | Report abuse

Who told Eli to show up? Where's the QB who was in the Giant uniform the first 3 quarters?

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 10:57 PM | Report abuse

Oh well....thought for just a second that maybe the Giants would pull off a miracle but alas, they are imploding and the flippin' Pats are going 16-0 :(

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 29, 2007 10:58 PM | Report abuse

For three quarters, I thought Peyton was playing QB.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 10:58 PM | Report abuse

cuz butterbean aka girls' head coach might repeat coughlin's mistake by actually playing

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 11:00 PM | Report abuse

You gonna beat us twice tomorrow?

Here's what you should do, and this is so brilliant I can't hardly believe I came up with it.

You don't want to show the Cowboys and the rest of the league anything. So...LOSE this game. The Saints and the Vikes lose, and you go the Seattle as the Team of 1) Mystery, 2) Destiny, 3) Serenity (sorry, I think that is the other cruise ship).

You can have tomorrow. I'll be nervous in two weeks though.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 11:00 PM | Report abuse

Gumbel is the worst announcer in the history of all football, at any level. I can't believe the drivel coming out of his mouth. I mean, I'm old enought to remember him on Today (decent), and I enjoy his show in HBO, but what the hell is he doing announcing a game of this caliber? On three networks!

Posted by: RambleOn | December 29, 2007 11:01 PM | Report abuse

well it's over...i'll be in air tomorrow will miss the game...please provide the commentary up here...it's fun reading especially after a win

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 11:05 PM | Report abuse

you'll be in the air?

Posted by: TheCindy | December 29, 2007 11:10 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe the time they're wasting.

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Climb in the back with your head in the clouds and you're gone.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 11:14 PM | Report abuse

yep. will miss my first game...flying virgin again :(. wish was flying jetblue but hate the jfk connection.

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 11:16 PM | Report abuse

tell manning that there's nothing to play for and he looks like his brother

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 11:18 PM | Report abuse

Be on my onside, I'll be on your onside.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 11:18 PM | Report abuse

DENOUEMENT

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 11:19 PM | Report abuse

ugh, perfect season, can't the gints do anything right?

Posted by: realchica | December 29, 2007 11:23 PM | Report abuse

denouement, D-E-N-O-U-E-M-E-N-T, denouement:
consists of a series of events that follow a dramatic or narrative's climax, thus serving as the conclusion of the story. Conflicts are resolved, creating normality for the characters and a sense of catharsis, or release of tension and anxiety, for the reader. Etymologically, the French word dénouement is derived from the Old French word denoer, "to untie", from nodus, Latin for "knot." Simply put, a dénouement is the unraveling or untying of the complexities of a plot.
Also, the dénouement is the events after the climax and the "Falling Action" occur. Though similar, "Falling Action" is a completely different topic.

A classic example of dénouement is the final scene of Shakespeare's comedy As You Like It : couples marry, an evildoer repents, two disguised characters are revealed for all to see, and a ruler is restored to power.

Posted by: dealer | December 29, 2007 11:24 PM | Report abuse

Yeah dealer, sounds about right. Now go about controlling that pesky destiny of yourn.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 11:36 PM | Report abuse

Dealer, have you become a pilot? :)

Can't believe any Skins fan would be flying on the day of our biggest game....

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 29, 2007 11:45 PM | Report abuse

Destiny is like a captive tiger...

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 11:47 PM | Report abuse

Good grief, how does anybody with as much money as Robert Kraft walk around with yellow teeth? Ugh...

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 11:49 PM | Report abuse

Dental discoloration is like a captive tiger...

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 29, 2007 11:55 PM | Report abuse

LOL Some Patriots fan is still in the stadium holding up a sign that says "Eli is adopted."

Posted by: JustMe | December 29, 2007 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Hahahahahaa that is great.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 30, 2007 12:00 AM | Report abuse

Uh, I mean, adoptive children are like captive tigers.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 30, 2007 12:03 AM | Report abuse

*giggle*

Posted by: JustMe | December 30, 2007 12:08 AM | Report abuse

lisa, no. but feel like a sardine. yeah, i know. i will watch it as soon as it ends.

hopefully brad the-limp johnson won't get too carried away with his hatred towards snyder.

Posted by: dealer | December 30, 2007 12:23 AM | Report abuse

I just hope Gregg Williams has game planned well for both Romo and Brad Johnson....kind of hard to do since Johnson has not played this season. And lest we forget Terry Glenn.....

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 30, 2007 12:39 AM | Report abuse

Just remember - It was just last season that Brad Johnson beat us and he actually wore his redskins jersey under his vikings jersey.

This guy is carrying a grudge.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 30, 2007 1:12 AM | Report abuse

Romo Wants to See the Field

Staff Report
TheRanchReport.com Dec 28, 2007

Tony Romo wants to play in the season finale against the Redskins.

Never mind that it is a meaningless game that has no bearing on the Cowboys' playoff chances. They have already secured home-field advantage throughout.

He just wants to win because the Cowboys are playing a game.

"That's who I am," Romo said. "I'm competitive."

Romo understands the reasoning of why he may give way to backup Brad Johnson early in the game.

He also understands why several other Cowboys may play briefly or sit out all together in an effort to avoid injury or to allow injuries to heal.

He still wants to win. That's how he is built.

"Our ultimate goal is to win a Super Bowl and anything that threatens that is, in a small way, probably a negative," Romo said. "But I learned a while ago you can't take the competitiveness away from individuals. If you do that, that's when people get hurt."

The Cowboys do have motivation so to win the game. A win would give them a franchise-record 14 wins on the season. A win would also knock the rival Redskins out of the playoffs.

"We've got to be smart about it, but at the same point, we're not laying down," Romo said. "We're not coming out to say, 'Hey, let's take a week off. Let's treat it like the preseason.' We're going to try to win this football game. We're going to try to execute every play, like we do all the time. Really, the most important thing is, we're going to try to get better."

Story URL: http://dal.scout.com/2/715164.html

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 30, 2007 1:15 AM | Report abuse

If Romo takes more than one one snap, I'll knock him out myself to deny any Skins player the pleasure.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 30, 2007 1:38 AM | Report abuse

I'd like Romo to see the field.

up close

and personal

Posted by: daggar | December 30, 2007 1:42 AM | Report abuse

No snow, no gnome, no gnus...

The local forecast doesn't look particularly menacing from 4-7pm either. Cold and wet, but not winter precip. Which makes me think: run, Clinton, run!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 30, 2007 2:16 AM | Report abuse

The fact that you hate the Boys more than the Pats is a serious character flaw.

Your Team
Your Division
Your Conference
Your Political Party
Your favorite musician
Your...family or something

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 30, 2007 2:23 AM | Report abuse

ssshhh I'm sneaking a post in don't tell the gods.

Effin Pats. I can't believe I was actually rooting for the stupid Gints. I guess the true rich revenge would be watching Pats get beat in their first playoff game. . .

in hushed voice (I can't wait for tomorrow and yeehaw and I dare not say anything else)

ssssshhhhhhh

Posted by: sfskin | December 30, 2007 2:29 AM | Report abuse

Geesh. Glad I didn't see the 2nd half.

What's the prize for a perfect regular season?

Oh yeah. Nothing.

(In my best DeNiro voice from The Untouchables)
You hear me, Belicheat?! You got NOTHING!

Posted by: freakzilla | December 30, 2007 2:37 AM | Report abuse

SMACK, since it's been so freakin' long you just cannot remember how freakin' painful it is to watch your arch-rival win the title. Yes, even though it means your team's status is elevated by association because you're in the same division, conference whatever, It's your arch rival.

Any scenario which involves neither the Cowboys nor the Patrios winning the Super Bowl is fine with me. A New England-Dallas SB? Ugh. Ugh. Uuuuuuuugh.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 30, 2007 2:53 AM | Report abuse

Nate dude, I freakin' remember. But true to my mantra, I remember it fondly. Like Argh Adam does. I partied in the streets for the Redskins titles, because I lived here, my friends were happy, and it involved booze.

We can fight like cats and dogs and drunken in-laws in wife-beaters during the season. But if the Skins or Eagles or Gmen carry on beyond the Boys during the playoffs, I will be there supporting our kind of football, and the people you had to beat to get there.

Cindy can you edit that for me?

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 30, 2007 3:04 AM | Report abuse

yeah, hate to agree with smack. but yes, that's the order. i can almost gurantee that the girls won't make it to the superbowl though. not saying skins will have anything to do with it...but if they couldn't make it with billy they sure aint gonna make it with butterball. no one plays around in the playoffs. and someone sure will wipe that smirk off your qb's face.

Posted by: dealer | December 30, 2007 3:14 AM | Report abuse

yeah dealer, you are probably right. But I guess it's a good time to not be ready to win the NFC, since the Pats have already been crowned.

I regret your use of the juvenile "girls" moniker. The sense of amity is fading, like when the horror swept into the ville.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 30, 2007 3:21 AM | Report abuse

dealer, you and I don't see eye to eye on the Patios. You LIKE them, you LIKE their QB, you root for them to win, even though they won three titles and arrogated to themselves the swagger of a dynasty. I say F 'em!

But I also say F the Cowboys. The muted gladness I have felt when the Cowboys and Giants have won titles -- that tiny measure of solace taken when our division produced the champ -- has been dwarfed by my bitterness that it was them and not my beloved Redskins.

WHatever, I need one more beer to ring in game day.

I love all you nice folks, love the blog, love the Skins, and love the like such as.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 30, 2007 3:41 AM | Report abuse

Supporting the Girls? Not gonna happen no matter who they're playing.

I can enjoy seeing the Giants or Phils beat someone other than the Skins. Dallas, never.

Posted by: suz | December 30, 2007 3:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 30, 2007 3:50 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, there ya go, suz! Bring the heat!

The Cowboys are in a special category, and that category trumps any other category, including the currently reigning dynasty which utterly destroyed and demolished the Redskins this season. But I should say again that I'll take ANYBODY in this playoff field above either the Pats or Cowboys.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 30, 2007 3:53 AM | Report abuse

Well, okay, call me crazy. I wouldn't want to be in any other division. So I have some respect. I also let people merge in front of me and ask fellow elevator passengers which floor is their destination. Meanies!

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 30, 2007 3:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 30, 2007 3:57 AM | Report abuse

I know, I'm getting a little hysterical over this. It's just a game.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 30, 2007 3:59 AM | Report abuse

Loseable type is siphoning all my cleverness. If this one gets through, nite all!

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 30, 2007 4:05 AM | Report abuse

You know whats funny and different in my mind for the Skins IF they make the playoffs.

For once and I can't remember ever feeling this way before...I am NOT scared of any NFC team the Skins would have to face to go all the way. The Skins are peaking right now and playing solid football....Before when they were not..They STILL had The PAck and Cowboys against the ropes and could not close the deal...Same with Tampa and The Giants plus have beaten the Giants..The Seashawks are the only team the Skins have not played and are ya really scared of them? What I'm saying is this...JUST GET IN! Then It's a new season and I feel pretty good with their chances even at 6th seed....This team can do this...Now if they get there and face the Colts or the Pats...We will deal with that if that time comes...But wouldn't you all like another crack at those Pats? I would..if anything to give them a good game unlike earlier this year....Hey The Skins beat the 1942 Bears in the CHamiponship who werre the Pats of that year with an 11 and 0 regular season and BAM Sammy Baugh and the Skins eneded it....Would be nice to also revenge the 1972 SB loss....who knows maybe we are the team of dystany ...just nobody knows it yet....Look at it this way....WE HAVE NO PRESSURE ON US AT ALL IF WE GET IN AND GO THAT FAR...WE are EXPECTED TO LOSE!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS! HAIL HAIL HAIL! WE WANT DALLAS!!!!

Posted by: leevi98 | December 30, 2007 6:45 AM | Report abuse

Happy Birthday, Nate Dogg!

A Skins victory today would indubitably be a worthy gift for one so, like, such as, um... you.

P-Town represent.

HAIL

Posted by: MV_Dame | December 30, 2007 8:11 AM | Report abuse

Happy Birthday, Nate. I hope you get at least the one thing I know you're hoping for!

Posted by: daggar | December 30, 2007 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Happy birthday mighty Nate.

Posted by: jm220 | December 30, 2007 11:36 AM | Report abuse

happy bday nate!

Posted by: skinsfan8KaboveMSL | December 30, 2007 11:59 AM | Report abuse

I am soo ready for this one. . .

the talk about this being an easy win really got to me all week and the dan vegas oddsmakers sure didn't help with the line they popsted . . .

I believe this team will need to play its guts out today to make it to the playoffs. . .

I think, at least hope, the players believe it as well, too many veterans to have a letdown here. . .

bring on the cowboys! ! !

hail!

Posted by: skinsfan8KaboveMSL | December 30, 2007 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Happy Birthday Nate!!!

Posted by: PDiddy | December 30, 2007 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the birthday wishes, folks.

As it happens, one of the other Portland blog peeps, David, is also celebrating his birthday today. Here's hoping we will be raising our birthday beverages in a celebratory toast to the Skins, about seven hours hence.

(Jinx-proofing: I'm returning to the sports bar where I endured our brutal '06 season finale, also on my birthday, when Tiki ran through our D like a field of wheat and into the Jints' records books. Here's to exorcising that particular demon today with a nice big win.)

Offense: balance + Todd
Defense: vigilance + lust for mayhem
Steams: Bake it happen

HAIL!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 30, 2007 12:10 PM | Report abuse

that would be a long drive for me since I went to fedex for that one. . .

but hey, if it works for you. . .

after all it is YOUR (and Dave's) bday today. . .

Posted by: skinsfan8KaboveMSL | December 30, 2007 12:16 PM | Report abuse

8k, thanks for humoring me.

Come on, you Redskins! Come on!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 30, 2007 12:19 PM | Report abuse

have a confession to make. . .

I really believed that the skins would take dallas on the road earlier this year . . .

I figured the secondary was going to feast on the mistake-prone romo (the skins should have had 4 Ints on the day). . .

I also figured we were goin to be able to throw the ball all over the yard (we did). . .

so I foolishly bet some co-workers who are pokes fans. . .

had to wear a TO jersey the monday following the game. . .

what really stinks is that I beleive more now that i did then, but who's going to take a bet on this game? ? ?

long story short, in order to get some vindication, the skins need to win 3 more games. . .

can't see anyone walking away from a NFC championship game bet. . .

Hail!

Posted by: skinsfan8KaboveMSL | December 30, 2007 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Happy Birthday,, Nate!

You're one cool dude!

Posted by: cmecyclist | December 30, 2007 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Charlie!

Are you going to find a place to watch the game over there in Paris?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 30, 2007 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Happy Birthday, Nate!

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 30, 2007 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Lisa!

Do you have any plans today to help break the late game jinx? Any variation to your routine? We're gonna need all the help we can get!

(Seriously, this is a different team than the one that lost all those 4:15 games earlier in the season. This is a very, very different team. Not that it's gonna be easy, but we're gonna do it. I can feel it.)

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 30, 2007 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Nate,

There is a Canadian bar that shows football in town but right now, i am way out in the burbs with friends so I'll have to pass on it. But I should be able to see them in playoffs! HTTR!

Posted by: cmecyclist | December 30, 2007 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Nate, I'm still freaked out about the jinx....and really worried about Brad Johnson with his voodoo doll.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 30, 2007 1:42 PM | Report abuse