Washington Sits Out Practice

Marcus Washington is not practicing today; nor are Matt Sinclair, Todd Wade, Jason Gooden and LaRon Landry. I would not expect any of them to play this weekend.

The Redskins could be in a bind at linebacker, assuming Washington and Sinclair sit.(Sinclair had back spasms all week; Washington has had some discomfort in his hip.)

Without those two, the Redskins have six linebackers. Of those six, H.B. Blades is coming off surgery last month and might be limited while Rocky McIntosh is coming off season-ending knee surgery and may not play all of the first half with the starters. (He was limited last week, too, and the team is bringing him along slowly.) It'll be something to watch Saturday, for sure.

By Cindy Boren  |  August 21, 2008; 11:28 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Gene Upshaw, RIP
Next: Snyder Statement on Upshaw

Comments

1st

Posted by: Karen | August 21, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Well, I concede to Karen. Ladies first, right?

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 21, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Not first

Posted by: Not Gay | August 21, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

REPOSTED

GET IT LOOKED AT

SAD about Upshaw. Here's a tip

My wife had a weird looking dark growth on her ankle. We'd been married two years. I thought it was a freckle. But she really wanted it looked at. I went with her when she had the stitches removed. "Doc would like to talk to you," the nurse said.

That is where I first heard the ugly word "Melanoma."

She had more surgery, a section around the growth was cut out. Because she had gone early, there was hope it had not spread, a condition that is usually fatal. But there were several days of horrific uncertainty waiting for lab results.

Oh, this happened in 1972 and she is still very good about getting odd looking growths looked at.

You should be, too.

Melanoma can be beaten early. But don't wait.

I'm going Anon out of concerns for my wife's privacy.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 21, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Going against the grain here: I don't see how the Skins keep Mason, with the lingering injuries at LB, DB and WR. Plus the age of the OL and DL means more injuries are likely. The running backs are actually pretty healthy compared with the rest of the team right now -- I just don't see how they can afford to keep 4 tailbacks

Posted by: RambleOn | August 21, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I'm going Anon out of concerns for my wife's privacy.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 21, 2008 11:40 AM

Good story, good moral to the story. But I doubt my wife's privacy is compromised because I post under my reg name. Just sayin'...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 21, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

This blog is all about racist white men with alot of spare time. The background setting is even white. Its 2008 not 1965. Thanks alot for treating afro americans as white people us with respect. Thanks alot.

Posted by: Racist | August 21, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

I just don't see how they can afford to keep 4 tailbacks

Posted by: RambleOn | August 21, 2008 11:43 AM

Much to the shagrin of the RI crowd, they probably don't. Put him on the practice squad and hope for the best.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 21, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

I agree they all need to take the "white" sheets off.

Posted by: RACIST #2 | August 21, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Racist | August 21, 2008 11:45 AM

You don't help us black folks by typing out an incoherent sentence like that.

We don't need that Al Sharpton crap on RI. We're all stocked up on crazy here.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 21, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Cindy,

Care to weigh in with comments on Snyder's characterization of WaPo in the WSJ article?

Posted by: Nico | August 21, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

I hardly think "racist" was serious....the white background was the tell....

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 21, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Why comment on something that doesn't affect you, its a sad site to see a black man as yourself brain washed be the "THE MAN". This is a blog were you can express what you want. Remember its 2008 not 1965. Although things have changed alittle, white nation is still here to stay. Look at the skins logo "REDSKIN".

Posted by: racist | August 21, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

ITS MY TIME....

Posted by: ITA | August 21, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Ok kids, now that 'crazy' time is over, it is back to our studies. Dont pay the @sshats any mind.

Jimmy, stop picking your nose!

Posted by: Zebra | August 21, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Racist is probably a regular anon trying to flame us up on a slow news day.

Ignore the trolls.

Posted by: SCSkins | August 21, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Redskins Training Camp: August 20th

John Keim
WarpathInsiders.com Aug 20, 2008

How does Greg Blache feel about Boschetti? How did Suisham do today? Did Erasmus James practice today? What were Clinton Portis and Jason Taylor discussing and jawing about? All this, the weather and more right here...

...Malcolm Kelly participated more in practice, though he did not take part in team drills. But it’s a good sign. There’s a chance he’ll play Saturday vs. Carolina, but more likely he won’t play until the Jacksonville game. Jim Zorn would prefer he didn’t play this weekend.

...LaRon Landry is out for Saturday. But he might start practicing more this week.

...The Redskins are checking out Marcus Washington, who has a hip flexor problem according to Zorn.

...Warren Sapp was at the facility today, working for the NFL Network.

...Chris Wilson needs to start showing more in games. He had a calf issue earlier in camp which did not help, but he has to make a play or two. His main benefit is on special teams, but will that be enough?

...Zorn is considering naming Rock Cartwright as his special teams captain. Really, there’s no one else who should be named.

...DT Ryan Boschetti and OL Chad Rinehart split their two one-on-one battles this afternoon. Boschetti drove him back the first time; Rinehart rode him out the next time.

...Boschetti might be one of the most popular players. On the sidelines of Saturday’s win over the Jets, many of the starters rooted hard for him when he made plays. They appreciate what he’s done to stay in the NFL. Defensive boss Greg Blache LOVES him; he also hopes he can keep him around.

...Correction: We wrote yesterday that Chris Samuels called Jon Jansen "Al Bundy." Oops. He was referring to Jason Fabini, but it looked even to Jansen like Samuels was talking to him. Guess it’s one of Fabini’s new nicknames.

...Clinton Portis and Jason Taylor had a little fun going back and forth about the U. Portis said Taylor was jealous of the attention the Hurricanes received in Miami; Taylor reminded him they play in the Dolphins stadium. Yes, Taylor fits in rather well.

...Shaun Suisham had a tough day kicking today, missing several kicks in the 35-45-yard range. He has not looked sharp during practice. And you can’t blame one holder over the other. They’ve held for almost the same number of misses. There goes one edge Derrick Frost had over Durant Brooks.

...Gorgeous day today; low 80s and little humidity.

...Lorenzo Alexander batted down a Colt Brennan pass near the end of practice. Lo Al has dropped 10 pounds and feels he’s a better pass rusher this year; helps that he has focused on one side of the ball.

...Justin Tryon did a good job defending a Jason Campbell pass to Devin Thomas.

...Erasmus James easily beat Stephon Heyer on one play. On the next play, Heyer handled Rob Jackson.

Story URL: http://was.scout.com/2/781507.html

Posted by: Keim to da Post | August 21, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

I just don't see how they can afford to keep 4 tailbacks

Posted by: RambleOn | August 21, 2008 11:43 AM

Have to agree. As good as Mason has looked either he or Rock should go. I’d lean toward keeping Rock because he’s a proven KO returner. Either way I don’t think they can keep 4 RBs. I’d rather they kept 3 if it meant keeping a prospect at DE like Jackson or even Wilson (prefer Jackson though).

Posted by: skinswest | August 21, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

When did Goode shange his last name to Gooden?

Posted by: 4th | August 21, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Re: Snyber and WSJ. He can point to this blog as proof to back up his statements regarding the WaPo. Though the competing redio station defense was weak.

True but true. (New catch phrase) (OWNED) (Such as)

Posted by: 4th | August 21, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Swissham is going to cost us 3 games this year.

Posted by: SCSkins | August 21, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I can sympathize (sorta) with Anon's wife. I had a nasty mole removed from my abdomen when I was six. Now that I'm an adult, I always use sunblock and have my doctor look to make sure there's nothing potentially nasty about my current moles.

As for Gene Upshaw. I felt he needed to step down a long time ago. However, it's horrid that it had to be this way. Pancreatic cancer is truely a cruel form of natural torture.

I admit I don't pay attention enough to memorize things, like true fans should, when watching the few games I get to see (no cable, dish, etc. and I live in KY), so don't destory me for this one. Why does everyone have Sinclair making the team? I don't remember him doing anything, and I'd rather have a younger guy who is up and coming than this one.

Posted by: Karen | August 21, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

When did Goode shange his last name to Gooden?

Posted by: 4th | August 21, 2008 12:00 PM

When he started using all that coke.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 21, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Keim is Loco Mullin........

True but true....

Posted by: 4th | August 21, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Karen can you tell us more about your moles?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 21, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Keim is 4th....

(OWNED) [PWNED] {True but true}

Posted by: Anonymous | August 21, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

The one that was removed was changing, a sign of trouble. The rest of them are generally normal (symetric, of one color, regular border, etc.). I've got one that I've recently noticed that seems to be asymetric and multicolored. Assuming I remember, I'll have my doc look at it next time I go in.

For melanoma it's ABCD:
Asymetry
Border irregularities
Color irregularity (multicolored), and
Diameter

Of course, if it starts changing, it'd be best to have it removed.

Posted by: Karen | August 21, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

How does the Washingotn Post print and article trumpeting the health of Marcus Washington and then a note on the same page saying he is missing practive with hip issues?

Posted by: MSinDC | August 21, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Of late though I think Al has toned down. I never had a problem with what he said in the first place though.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 21, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Keim is 4th....

(OWNED) [PWNED] {True but true}

Posted by: Anonymous | August 21, 2008 12:19 PM

I thought this was established already? Just thought I'd give a different name when posting Keim's report......

Posted by: 4th | August 21, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th | August 21, 2008 12:29 PM

My bad didn't know.
(UN-OWNED,UN-POWNED,False but false)

Posted by: Anonymous | August 21, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Hope all's well for any of our peeps on the north Florida/Georgia coast today... this Fay is an amazing storm, completely weird behavior, but it's dumping some serious water down there...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 21, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

The Blache interview and the Taylor interview are both on the Redskins website and Taylor says explicitly that they have only switched sides randomly a couple of times in practice and never in a game. He never says anything about trying to do it in games or that he feels they could. It was obviously just something they did during drills a couple times. Then JLC runs to the Blache interview and tattles on Taylor and tries to make it sound like something it isn't. He tells Blache that Taylor is saying that he can switch sides whenever HE wants, like it's all a big Jason Taylor conspiracy. Anyway, since they are both on there you can see there is a big difference between what Taylor says and what JLC tells Blache.

Posted by: dingo | August 19, 2008 6:41 PM

I just felt Dingo's comments hit the nail on the head. The source-meter was on on RED ALERT this week (even though, as Larry pointed out, this wasn't about sources...it was just as bad as using phony sources).

Jason La Canfora is pure slime, folks.

Posted by: OG Barno | August 21, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

By Cindy Boren | August 21, 2008; 11:28 AM ET

The Cindy, would you mind clarifying--who is Jason Gooden? Is he related to Jason Goode, or possible Doc Gooden?

Posted by: OG Barno | August 21, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Jason La Canfora is pure slime, folks.

Posted by: OG Barno | August 21, 2008 1:38 PM

Help us, OG Barno Kenobi - you are our biggest dope.

Posted by: Princess Leia | August 21, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Someone pee in your Wheaties this morning, OG Barno?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 21, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Just play nickle and dime and rest the LBs this week.

Posted by: bangkokben | August 21, 2008 10:03 PM | Report abuse