Washington's Ankle 'Coming Along'

Jason Reid reports:

Strong-side linebacker Marcus Washington, sidelined most of the season because of hamstring and ankle injuries, hopes to play in one of the Redskins' last three games.

"It's coming along," Washington said of his high-ankle sprain. "If not this week, then definitely next week" he should be able to rejoin the lineup.

Washington was frustrated as he watched the Baltimore Ravens finish off a 24-10 victory Sunday night with a 12-play, 83-yard drive in the fourth quarter that consumed 7 minutes, 52 seconds.

"It's tough, real tough," Washington said. "You want to be out there, you think that maybe you could help make a difference on a play here or there. Guys are trying and playing their hearts out."

By Cindy Boren  |  December 8, 2008; 11:59 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Unrestricted Playoff Picture
Next: Heyer Prepares to Play Either Side

Comments

I've always liked #53, but his return is without impact. Especially if it is only for 1 game. We need line help on both sides of the ball and it'd be nice to have another LB.

Posted by: WahooTim | December 8, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

7-9! Better than the original 1-15 i predicted before the season. But worse in the sense that it gave us HOPE, and then took it away.

Posted by: Leeguru | December 8, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Like it matters at this point...

Posted by: Cobain | December 8, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Washington is done as a Redskin. We need a playmaking sack artist at the SAM position. Can you say T. Sizzle?

Posted by: SkinsFan4Life89 | December 8, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

The #53 you speak of may not be the defensive star he once was, but he can certainly play the run and take down even a big RB, not that we have any need for that

Posted by: JLR75 | December 8, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

What does it say about Zorn that he can't teach the rookies. The WR tree doesn't change from high school, to college, to pro I am sure. Calling his players out in public can't be going over well either.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 8, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Maybe some of the defense played their hearts out but as a team there is very little heart.

Posted by: Tyler2Durden | December 8, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

I can't wait to hear Zorn explain why he didn't play CP.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 8, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

some people are so funny I hear a KR/Pr but when we signed jerome mathis this summer the Insider went crazy and called vinny and the front office all types of names because we wanted DJ hackett.

Posted by: GreatOne1 | December 8, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Zorn has not the personality to cause men to fear to disappoint him. Doesn't mean he won't end up like a Bill Walsh (probably not) but he is no Gibbs or Tuna. That being said, he deserves the chance to mold the team in his image. He is wearing someone else's jock and it is ill fitting. He needs a chance to affect this offseason and tweak his system while getting players that are better suited to his system. I preach patience for the coach but many players have to go the way of the DODO.

Posted by: Tyler2Durden | December 8, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Lisa - Thanks for the back up, but I actually have season tickets (this is my second season), which will have to be pried out of my cold dead hands before I give them up. I am not dumb enough to think that giving up my tickets will change the way that anyone makes draft or personnel decisions. Guess I also give Danny some slack - he bought the team when he was only a year older than I am now - and ran it like a fan and not like an owner and then like someone just trying to make a buck. With the exception of Vinny, I really think that he has matured in the last few years and is starting to run things the way he should. I would take him over Art Shell, Art Modell (honestly, that guy would move the team to the highest bidder) or Jerry Jones (who decided that Pacman would play on defense and not just special teams yesterday).

I'll be there at the Philly game, pounding my seat with my empty Miller Lite bottle when Philly has the ball - and cheering FOR my team!

Posted by: suzannepdc | December 8, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

This is what kills me about this area:

Before the season started, everyone assumes the Skins would not win a game the entire season and Campbell was on his way out.

THEN, they Redksins win a few games at the start and everyone on here has them in the Super Bowl.

The Skins lose a few games and now all hope is lost.

WTF?

Personally speaking I think even if they go 8-8 then that's pretty good for this year considering everyone picked them last in the NFC. They have looked good on several occasions and I don't think they are very far away.

Look at the Jets. They add Favre on offense and Jenkins on Defense and they are on the verge of winning thier conference. That's all they did.

There's more examples, but you get the picture.

I think they need one or two OL/DL on both sides, guys who have attitude and they could be quite good. Madden himself even said as much last night.

They ARE good, just not great.

Hopefully Cerrato and Danny boy will FINALLY see this and make the right moves this off-season.

Zorn is a good coach, but I agree he needs to mix it up a little bit. Also, Portis is NOT a run between the tackles kind of back. The run sets they are using are going to kill him before he's 30.

Anyway, I like what I have seen this season. I can see the light, I just hope the crappy owner and his "yo" boy can see it as well.

Lighten up WPost, good grief.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | December 8, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

I really think his ego has played a big part in this thing. Calling out your best player in front of cameras. Not playing him in big game. Bashing the rookies in the media. It just doesn't seem like to me that it should be something you should do. I wasn't a big GG supporter. But at least he was smart enough to take up for the Reaper in front of the media and grill him behind close doors. Maybe Zorn should take the steps.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 8, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Suze, u can buy me a beer.

Posted by: Tyler2Durden | December 8, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

KR/PR are the least of our problems.

Tops in the league (NO) averages 14.3 yards per punt return.

We average 8.4 yards per punt return.

Anybody that thinks 6 yards per punt more would have any effect on the season is absolutely kidding themselves. Be happy that Randle El at least protects the ball.

Our 23.6 kickoff return average is also a whopping 1.7 yards behind the league leading average.

Posted by: psps23 | December 8, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Even Lombardi kept team issues behind closed doors according to Bill Curry.

Posted by: Tyler2Durden | December 8, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

I just listened to the unrestricted tape of Jason Reid for the first time ever, and now I know why I haven't listened to it before. First of all, he did NOT "break down the post season possibilities" in any way, shape, or form. That's just false advertising. It would have been nice if he did let the blog readers know the truth, but he didn't so I will.

THIS IS THE TRUTH ABOUT THE REDSKINS: WE ARE STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE IN THE PLAYOFF HUNT, WHETHER YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

The Skins WILL beat Cincy next sunday and have a very good chance at winning their remaining games to get to 10-6. And if they do, they will need only 1 loss from Dallas and 1 loss from Atlanta for us to squeak in on the tiebreaker (conference record).

I was the only one on here last year telling you people that we'd win our last 4 games and make the playoffs. Many of you laughed at the notion then and are probably laughing at the notion now.

Beat Cincy, and go from there. This thing aint over yet.

Posted by: Barno1 | December 8, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

JZ Presser in 20 mins.

No need to watch I'll give you the highlights RIGHT NOW:

* The offensive trouble was mainly based on lack of execution on a few key plays.

* BMore has a great defense.

* We had problems AGAIN communicating. I had to yell so he could hear me.

* If we execute the plays properly, we should be fine. Too many offensive penalties.

* Wasn't Campbell's Fault

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 8, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

JM, that is where you and I finally agree. Zorn has an awful stubbornness about him, and has yet to hold himself accountable for the offense's performance. Big-time mistake, especially when you're dealing with an offense that has 4 pro-bowlers and is littered with veterans that have been around for a long time.

Posted by: psps23 | December 8, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

psps23 not sure if you was around last year and the year before that. I was all over GG and called for him to be shown the door. But the way he handled the Reaper was perfect. Always defending him in public and building him up. Let him make the mistake and grow from them. I just don't like the way Zorn is handling the rookies or JC. Telling JC he wants him to be perfect. Hell London been in the NFL for 11 years and haven't played a perfect game.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 8, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Sameuls Done.

Heyer LT.
Fabini RT.
Rinehart will get gaurd reps.

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 8, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Suze, u can buy me a beer.

Posted by: Tyler2Durden | December 8, 2008 12:17 PM
******************************
Provided it's in a bottle which you then use as a prop to make noise!

Interesting observation re: Zorn. I first really liked his frankness and honesty with the media, but you may be right that he needs to not be SO honest. Something to think about.

Posted by: suzannepdc | December 8, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

suggs of b-more if not mistaken will be a free agent after the season. b-more low balls every lb not named lewis. do we make a play in free agency?

Posted by: gregskins | December 8, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

scratch that if they play a 3-4. their lb's rarely do much on other squads. i recall peter boulware failing in that regard if not mistaken.

Posted by: gregskins | December 8, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Who is Washington??? Actually, blades has been fine. It's Horton who we missed on that last drive...

Posted by: AdamCr | December 8, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse