What To Watch For

The Boys Are Back In Town: Blink and you may miss them, but they will be there. Linebacker Rocky McIntosh and corner Carlos Rogers are both coming off of major reconstructive knee surgery, both are well ahead of schedule, and both are set to make their preseason debut tonight. Now, they'll likely on be out there for a play or six, but even getting through that would be significant.

Avoid setbacks, getting a feel for being back in a game environment against an actual opponent, and building up trust and confidence in their repaired knees is huge - more mental than physical, but at this point the mind is what matters most. If you had told me six months ago - hell, even a month ago - that both of these guys would be playing in a mid-August exhibition game and both would be off the PUP list, I'd' have slapped you silly. But whatdya know? Tis the case indeed.

Smooth Operator: Jason Campbell just keeps going about his business, splaying the ball around, making shrewd decisions and exuding confidence. I have never seen the kid look as good as he has the past two weeks, and getting the chance to face one of his boyhood idols, and Mississippi homeboys, Brett Favre, should get the juices flowing on what would be an otherwise ubber-mundane night of preseason foosball, as Bobby Bouche's momma would say.

Who's Special on Special Teams: Guys like Marcus Mason are all the rage, and I think he's got a good shot to make it, but he needs to fully dedicate himself to the grunt work of teams and find his niche there (and it ain't gonna be returning kicks at this point). Likewise, Chris Wilson needs to rediscover his special teams form from a year ago, and if rookies like Chris Horton and Kareem Moore can make some plays on those units as well it only cements their status.

The Back-up: Todd Collins has yet to put together a solid outing, and had some unsightly sessions in practice this week. He'll get a chance to play at least a quarter tonight, maybe more. This is the site of one his seminal wins (and probably one of his only two seminal wins ever, along with the victory at Minnesota last year) and we'll see if he can deliver.

By Jason La Canfora  |  August 15, 2008; 7:02 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Samuels Asks For Your Help
Next: TCCLs

Comments

tonight? what's jason smokin?

Posted by: john v | August 15, 2008 7:28 AM | Report abuse

I was reading that... wondering why i was at work today.

Posted by: Joshq | August 15, 2008 7:35 AM | Report abuse

I dunno. I would've been happy if today had just disappeared...

Posted by: CowboyH8r | August 15, 2008 7:40 AM | Report abuse

Check out Cooley's blog. They recorded him arguing with the On-Star operator in his truck. High comedy.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 15, 2008 7:48 AM | Report abuse

This is the site of one his seminal wins

By Jason La Canfora | August 15, 2008; 7:02 AM ET

That's what she said.

Posted by: Michael Scott | August 15, 2008 7:51 AM | Report abuse

Tonight! Did I miss something? JLC need to leave that sht alone. LOL

Posted by: jm220 | August 15, 2008 7:56 AM | Report abuse

"This is the site of one his seminal wins (and probably one of his only two seminal wins ever, along with the victory at Minnesota last year) and we'll see if he can deliver."

I do not think that word means what you think it means...

Posted by: Todd | August 15, 2008 8:03 AM | Report abuse

Any Seminole win is a good win.

Posted by: Bobby Bowden | August 15, 2008 8:06 AM | Report abuse

Just read the previous post, good for Chris Samuels. To whom much is given much is expected. Nice job Chris.

Lots of stuff happening lately that make me very proud to be a Redskins fan.

Posted by: Greg | August 15, 2008 8:13 AM | Report abuse

Does Todd Collins still post threads on his blog? I would go but I forgot the address.

Awful story about Robert Moore and his son, Bobby Jo Moore. My thoughts and prayers are with that family.

I missed the region reppin', or as some will call "throwing your sets up".

Urban culture. Understand it, respect it, and embrace it.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 8:19 AM | Report abuse

This is from Steve Czaban's blog. I thought it might interest some folks here:

"This is Scary Right Now..."

"That was Joe Theeesman on Saturday’s Redskins exhibition home opener against the Bills. Up 7-3 at the time, with mostly #2’s on the field, Todd Collins and Ladell Betts were moving the football at will.

Whoa, Joey. There’s nothing “scary” about how good the Redskins look, it’s only scary how far carried away you can get about things.

Scary. His word.

Like we were up 42-3 after three possessions apiece. Scary. Really? Is Belichick scared right now? Will word filter up to New England about how awesome we look right now, and will Bill start looking at tape of us, just in case?

Okay, I’ll admit. I was diggin’ what I was seeing too out there. The offense looks like it knows how to play, the defense will be able to create some real pressure this year, and thank God we don’t have to flow-chart just exactly who-calls-what on offense once the ball is inside the 35 yard line.

A part of me wants to really believe that THIS could be a special year. But then again, a part of Charlie Brown wanted to really believe he was going to kick that football really hard one time.

On paper, the Skins don’t have too much to worry about. I think strong safety is a hole right now. Everything else is covered right now. Let’s go down the list.

QB – Solid. Campbell looks as healthy as an ox. And he’s got weapons.
RB – Not only has Portis actually worked out this off-season, but I positively LOVE how quick Betts hits the hole.
TE – Cooley. Pro Bowler. Done and done.
WR – Moss and Randle El are tiny little Ferrari’s, but I think they can produce now that scaredy-Gibbs is gone.
OL – A very robust unit. On paper. Problem? All 5 are over 30. Four of them are coming off surgery. Depth just isn’t there. This is where the entire year will hinge, for better or worse.

DL – How much better will Jayson Taylor make that unit? Gobs better. Forget benefits to Andre Carter on the other side, I think the guy who has a monster year because of the trade is Cornelius Griffin. Stay tuned.
LB – Best unit overall, and in terms of depth on the team. No worries.
CB – Concern. Rodgers was still a work in progress when healthy. Who knows now? Springs is great. Will he hold up. I also think Smoot is getting it done with smoke, mirrors, and fantastic soundbites.
S – Thank God for LaRon Landry. Whomever is next to him, will just have to try to keep from hurting us.
K – Suisham is like that hot new putter you bought in the pro shop. Eventually he’ll “run out of putts.” So what? We’ll get a new putter when that happens.
P – I’m So Done With ™ Derrick Frost. Hopefully, he gets beat out by Durrant Brooks.
PR/KR – Plenty of options here. Randle El needs to make something happen this year. Cartwright, Thrash et al can be solid.

Coaching – Here is where I think this team has made the biggest upgrade. And mind you, I have no idea if Jim Zorn knows what he’s doing. But I do know this.

With every week that goes by this season, the shortcomings of Gibbs 2.0 will become more and more glaring. By week 6, you’ll think about how Gibbs did things, and it’ll seem pathetic.

Already, I see a much more dynamic, modern, aggressive style of play-calling from Zorn. And I think he’s holding back a lot. I think this will translate into a more aggressive approach to CLOSING out games, instead of trying to cling to a 10 point lead.

Plus, you’ll never hear Zorn cover for a player who isn’t producing by saying he’s “Super Smart.” ™. You’ll never hear Zorn act indignant that some key penalty didn’t fall the Redskins way. You’ll never wonder if Zorn is just doing this to feather the garage nest for his race team.

On defense, same thing. Greg Blache is an old school hard ass. Just like his former boss Gregg Williams. But you know what Blache is not? Full of himself. As Gregggggg was. How f’in refreshing will THAT be! No more counter-productive fueds with players like LaVar or Springs, just to show them WHO’S THE BOSS!

Okay, I know you guys are laughing at me right now. “Hey, Czabe! You started this by ripping Theismann for being too optimistic, now look at YOU!”

I know, I know. This happens all over the NFL, every August. But I’m having a hard time actually constructing a worst case scenario for this team. I can see 7-9 as a bad year. But I can also 11 wins off in the distance.

Beer goggles? Maybe. Clip and save."

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 15, 2008 8:24 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone hear about this?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man charged with threatening Giants coach
Aug 14, 3:15 pm EDT

PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Federal investigators have charged a Philadelphia man with trying to blackmail New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin by sending him letters threatening to expose a fictitious sexual tryst with two women.

Herbert Alex Simpson, 30, is accused of sending Coughlin two letters on July 30 and July 31, allegedly from women claiming to have had a sexual encounter with the coach in December when the Giants were in Philadelphia.

The letters demanded the coach pay $20,000 to $30,000 or his life would be made “a living hell by doing something to (his) family,” according to court documents filed Thursday.

Investigators interviewed the women named in the letters, who said they knew nothing about them and never met Coughlin. The women also identified the handwriting as belonging to Simpson, a former co-worker who they said had written threatening letters to others in the past, authorities said.

In an affidavit, FBI special agent Todd A. Berry said Simpson admitted writing the letters to get revenge against the women over what was referred to as “a work-related issue.”

Simpson told investigators that he researched personal information about Coughlin’s family to include in the letters, but he never thought the coach would get them and he never intended to harm his family.

Simpson is charged with mailing threatening communications, which carries a sentence of up to two years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

“We take seriously any threats to extort money from anyone,” said Laurie Magid, acting U.S. attorney.

There was no Philadelphia telephone listing for Herbert Simpson and he could not be reached for comment. It was not known if he had a lawyer.

Women having sex with men? Accepted. Women having sex with me? Even better. Women having sex with monkeys? Weird, but entertaining. Women having sex with Tom Coughlin is just grotesque and abominable.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 8:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 8:31 AM

Thank you Red, for the QUOTE OF THE DAY!

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 15, 2008 8:34 AM | Report abuse

Women having sex with Women is even better.

Posted by: Ellen | August 15, 2008 8:37 AM | Report abuse

Brown, thanks for posting that, good read.

Posted by: Greg | August 15, 2008 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Women having sex with Women is even better.

Posted by: Ellen | August 15, 2008 8:37 AM

True it's up there, and not that there is anything wrong with that, Ellen. But as my dad used to say: "The man has the corresponding piece for the woman. It's 100% natural."

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Listening to people bash Redskins coaches of the past like Gibbs and Grilliams is making me realize how much this is some punk sheeet to do. It's like still hearing people bash Bill Clinton; FOR WHAT ?? REALLY ? Its OK though, when your holding my wang for me every time I have to go to the urinal, it makes sense why brownwood26 would be such a sour dude. Hey bro, don't forget to shake mine before you zip it up for me.

Yours truly,

Posted by: Mai Long Wang | August 15, 2008 8:45 AM | Report abuse

LB – Best unit overall, and in terms of depth on the team. No worries.

c/o Steve Czaban
Posted by: brownwood26 | August 15, 2008 8:24 AM

I've got a bit of optimism about them this year as well but I don't agree about the LB's. A lot of "ifs" there. If McIntosh is healthy and can stay healthy. If age doesnt catch up with Washington. If the depth at OLB is not a weakness. Fletcher and Blades seem pretty strong at MLB but I think he may have to hold are breath that the starting OLBs stay healthy.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 8:46 AM | Report abuse

Women having sex with Women is even better.

Posted by: Ellen | August 15, 2008 8:37 AM

WINRAR!!!

Posted by: Ron Burgandy | August 15, 2008 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Mai Long Wang = A whale's vagina.

Posted by: Not Anon | August 15, 2008 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Mai -- whine about Czaben rather than brownwood.
Then realize that Czaben has made something of a career by being "Miserable Suburban Guy Radio" (tm Mike Wise)...

Posted by: cload & daggar | August 15, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

I think it's a shame that how much people will compare Gibbs and Zorn this year.

Both have association with the Redskins.

That's where the ceiling of symmetry ends with these two coaches. Different philosophies, different points in their careers, just different overall.

I'll miss Gibbs, no doubt. But we'll always have "Super smart", "Fought our guts out", and "swingin' joes".

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Not Anon = Assistant Handler at the urinals

Posted by: Mai-Long Wong | August 15, 2008 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Forgive me cload & daggar
I'm just in one of the moods where I feel like shootin' the messenger. I'll snap out of it.

Posted by: Mai Long Wang | August 15, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

He splayed that football around like most people have splayed Pam Anderson's legs!

Posted by: cload & daggar | August 15, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Mai Long Wang | August 15, 2008 8:45 AM

Probably meant: Chiang'd Mai Wang (To the mounted heat boiler)

Posted by: Sue Woo Gang | August 15, 2008 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Where all the white women at?

Posted by: Bart | August 15, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Would you revoke someones "manliness" if they were drinking a Mai Tai or Mojito?

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

seminal...really??

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

JaLa

Interesting column by Wise. Maybe it is time to re-assess the "feud" and gently hold out an olive branch.

Posted by: keyskonnection | August 15, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

I dunno. I would've been happy if today had just disappeared...

Posted by: CowboyH8r | August 15, 2008 7:40 AM

May I suggest you read Part One of "Four Past Midnight", and watch "The Langoliers"?

After reading and watching this story, you wouldn't like what happens when days "just disappear".

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Zorn will be compaired to Gibbs. Deal, it is only fair to compair a new HC to the last HC, because odds are they have a lot of the same players. Spurier was compaired to Marty and Marty to Norv.Thats life, you get compaired to who was before you.

Thats why whoever is president next is the luckiest SOB on the planet.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 9:10 AM

Nah, cause there is so much more worse you can do than that to get your manliness revoked. Like dying your hair or wearing color contacts. I don't know what a Mai Tai is, but the basics of a Mojito from what I hear is not that much different than a gin & tonic (a liqour & a club soda minus those mint leaves) and no one ever got called out for ordering a gin & tonic at the bar. Dying you hair ? Bahhhh !!! Siiiiiisee's !!

Posted by: Slippery Richard | August 15, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Umm call me negative nelly but shouldn't we hold our applause for Ceratto until after his team wins one game?

I dunno call me crazy here, i'm just brainstorming.

Posted by: Skinz | August 15, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

*Slams Podium and walks out of room*

Posted by: Denny Green | August 15, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Slippery Richerd. A Mojito has no tonic, its either sprite or lime juce, crushed mint and a S*** load of rum.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

and sugar cane there fruitcup.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Funny, I had my first mojito a few weeks ago. After about 6 whiskey sours I was feeling pretty...Couldn't tell you what it tasted like.

Posted by: etrod | August 15, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

and sugar cane there fruitcup.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 9:36 AM

Some do pit sugar cane in there. But I have been told this was just a item added in there by the mint julip types.

Than again I prefer simple Beer, johnny walker, or some gray goose over ice with a twist of lemon.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Went to a Cajun restruant last night ended up drinking Huricains.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Not quite Anon, it's Club Soda not sprite. And I've always thought of CLub Soda and tonic to kind of be in the same family. That is were I drew the comparison. I was just saying the basic elements of a liqour and a club soda/tonic. So aside from those leaves we should call someone out for ordering a gin and tonic too. Or even Crown & Coke right ? Heck if anything a crown and coke is more sugary than most club soda/tonic drinks. But whatever, I really could care less. Mine is tequila straight, no chilled B.S. or those lime & salt games. I'll leave that for the birds.
If I can get a chick to drink a Mai Tai or two and turn around and get my Richard Slippery than it's money and time well spent right ?

Posted by: Slippery Richard | August 15, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Gray Goose is the best thing pouring out there right now. I like vodka.

Red of the DMV = Black Russian

Hmm?

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Hurricaines suck

Posted by: Katrina Evac | August 15, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

"Hurricaines suck"

Sleep lightly tonight.

Posted by: The ghost of Sean Taylor | August 15, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Club soda is def not seltzer water. Carbonated water however you want to call it goes in a Mojito. Heck, throw booze in there and whatever else tastes good to you and call it what you like. As long as errrbody gettin' tipsy what does it matter?

Posted by: Skinz | August 15, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Went to a Cajun restruant last night ended up drinking Huricains.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 9:45 AM

Nothing wrong with that at all. I got completely sh*t faced about two months ago, after drinking about seven or eight Hurricanes. It tastes like tropical punch kool-aid with a hint of rum.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

By Jason La Canfora | August 15, 2008; 7:02 AM ET

How about this? We put Jason in for a few plays at CB and let him get one of the inevitable picks tonight against Favre.

Jason has better hands than Carlos Rogers (my dog has better paws), and it would really boost Jason's confidence to catch a Favre pass. When they're back home in the off-season Jason can ask Brett to autograph the ball.

Posted by: Mull It | August 15, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

As long as errrbody gettin' tipsy what does it matter?

Posted by: Skinz | August 15, 2008 9:52 AM

J-Kwon? I thought you were dead.

That song used to have the parties and clubs rockin' a few years ago.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

I'll tell you what we need to call people out on, is all you cornballs that are drinking that sugar syrup Jagermiester. Bunch of Jag Clowns. If you need to satisfy your sweet tooth just cut the bull and order a peppermint schnapps clown. Or better yet just go to the grocery store and buy some Nyquil cough syrup....
Jagermiester !!! I hate sugary drinks.

Posted by: Virgil Mudd | August 15, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Fact: people who associate manliness with alchoholic drinks have small penis'

Posted by: Just sayzin is all... | August 15, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Red in the DMV,

Goose is a good vodka but by no means the best, I would say that if you were to line up your Bar standards its middle of the filed, upper part of the reasonable priced vodkas. Recently I had the opertunity to try some real russian vodka, cant say the name cuz it was in russian, very very strong stuff, very clean flavor, but had more bite to it than I like. Also the organic stuff, which has a girly name, Snow Queen, is quite good.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Thats why whoever is president next is the luckiest SOB on the planet.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 9:25 AM

Unless, by chance, she/he were married to Bill or Hillary Clinton.

Posted by: Mull It | August 15, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Sky vodka is a very reasonably priced quality vodka. Unless you are a sipper of vodka neat there is no reason to pay a lot for the premium stuff.

Posted by: Skinz | August 15, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Hey man, gimme fitty cent.

Posted by: Kareen | August 15, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Fact: people who associate manliness with alchoholic drinks have small penis'

Posted by: Just sayzin is all... | August 15, 2008 9:58 AM

Or floppy vaginas

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

The Truth lol'd at this :

"You wanna crown Cerrato CROWN 'EM. He is who we thought he was....it's not even close to time to let him off the hook!

*Slams Podium and walks out of room*

Posted by: Denny Green | August 15, 2008 9:31 AM "

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Then somebody buy "Just sayzin is all" a Cosmopolitan or a Bloody Mary at the bar please.

Posted by: Pimpin Ken' | August 15, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

I thought the "Crown Em" from Dennis Green was fuuny. I kept rewinding it over and over.

Dennis Green doesn't have nuffin on Hal McRae.

"No sh*t from you, no sh*t from you..."

Epic.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:04 AM | Report abuse

On that Eagle-Phillies game, I continue to think Philly has a receiver problem. Kevin Curtis is the only one who seemed reliable, though maybe DeSean Jackson can get there by the end of the season. Westbrook seems the same (i.e., a threat), but that's it. McNabb's pass over the line of the scrimmage shows me his age ... and that he had to scramble it in the out of boundarly direction shows that they got O-line trouble. Six possessions and nada to speak of. Panthers D was tight, but not that tight.

DeAngelo Williams, on the other hand, looks like he is ascending. [Where did DeShawn Foster go?] The corner who returned the fake FG for the TD (some real regular sounding name) had some great hits. The Panthers' D does not seem to have had much drop off with the guys that dropped off (Morgan, etc.).

I'm officially not that worried about the Eagles being an under the radar threat ... they are who we know they are (plus Akers looking like he's off too). Good thing for them they have that killer Aussie punter, Sav Rocca. He's going to get alot of action.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Herm Edwards has em all beat.

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | August 15, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Skinz | August 15, 2008 10:00 AM

I always forget about Sky for some reason. I agree, I would put it between Absolute and Goose.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Loseable type ... gone but not forgotten.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Alex, where did you get this authentic Russian vodka? I must try it along with Snow Queen.

Could I get some Snow Queen (lol) at the VA ABC store?

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

My preference is a Bloody Maria although I do enjoy a spicy Bloody Mary from time to time. Not so much into Cosmos but I like a very Dirty Martini though.

You keep "pimpin" Ken. Thanks for the offer on the drink but I'm not really into the same team kinda thing....not that there is anything wrong with that. Move on to the next guy.

Posted by: Just sayzin is all... | August 15, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Everyone can calm down, we've found one of our missing rookie O-guards...

Posted by: POOP | August 15, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

The Truth breaks down the Top 5 games per week in College Football.

Top 5 Games of Week 1:

Appalachian State @ LSU - don't sleep on APP STATE! They have plenty of talent on offense and a defense that might be okay against an LSU team minus Ryan Perrilouxser and breaking in a QB transfer from HARVARD. Oh, and did I mention App State Vs. Michigan from last year's opening week?? Upset alert!?!

Michigan State @ Cal - Cal is stacking on these annual OOC games. This one should parallel a Michigan State season! Start out with promise and fold late.

Alabama Vs. Clemson in the Georgia Dome - Duh. 1) It's in Georgia! 2) Top 10 team Vs. a possible Top 25 team! Will Clemson choke early or late this year? That's the real question to answer when picking a winner in this game!

Illinois @ Missouri - Oh yeah! Who would've thought this would be a good game!?! Can The Juice (Williams) do it? Probably not, but this will be a good game!

Hawaii @ Florida - This one is borderline, but could Hawaii possibly pull off the upset against the stupid Florida Gators? Doubtful, very doubtful, but hilarious it would be! As a UGA fan, I hope Hawaii plays the APP STATE here and I can celebrate like an OSU fan was last year!

Stay tuned for Week 2!!

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Herm Edwards' "You play the game to win" is better than McRae's "I'm tired of answering of answering these stupid a$$ f*$@ing questions"?

Nah.

Herm Edwards was Bill Cosby funny. Hal McRae was Richard Pryor funny.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

I only flipped past the Eagles game a few times last night. If you didn't look closely, it looked like they were playing the Detroit Lions.....those Carolina blue jerseys sure are perty.

Posted by: dlhaze | August 15, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Could I get some Snow Queen (lol) at the VA ABC store?

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:08 AM

I see Snow Queen, at the stores in DC everywhere, bottles are usually $20 more than a Gray Goose bottle. Its new but making a "big splash".

I tried the russian stuff at my dad's while on vacation in Lake George, he won it at an auction for charity, where it was something called a "russian bag", had a sable fur and vodka and other russian goodies. No idea where to get it, as I never seen it around here.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Truth,

Why don't you switch to high school football? It's got to be more interesting than college fooball.

Listen, pud head, for the 450th time, this is a Redskins blog. Not college fooball. You are one of our slowest bloggers -- even Skippy's got more sense than you do. Way more.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Truth, the #1 game of opening weekemd is obviously Delaware at Maryland. GO BLUE HENS!!!!

Posted by: dlhaze | August 15, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Pimpin Ken' | August 15, 2008 10:02 AM

Do you prefer classic cokes or the new generation pepsi?

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

I would like to challenge McNabb to a professional fist fight and not show up to the scheduled time it was supposed to begin. Then I would like to take his mom out to nice steak dinner and not call her the next day.

HAIL!

Posted by: POOP | August 15, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 10:15 AM

me, duh.

Posted by: 35332 | August 15, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

I would like to prank call Eli Manning until he has to change his number. Then when he does I would like to leave messages on his father's, Archie, voice mail to please forward my prank calls to his son Eli.

Posted by: POOP | August 15, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

I think I would really like to send Romo a canned ham for Thanksgiving with a note on it that states, "I do not like you nor do I think that you are a good person."

Posted by: POOP | August 15, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 10:15 AM

Thanks, appreciate it. I will scour the liquor stores in VA and DC this weekend to find my Queen.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Oh' boy next he goes after Romo

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Top 5 Games of Week 2 :

Georgia Tech @ Boston College - Thank god this one is at BC, otherwise the ACC would embarass itself with 35 fans showing up to a televised, big-time, early conference matchup. Can Paul Johnson lead the Techy nerds to an upset victory in his second game of the year? LOL, doubtful, but we'll see! Also, over/under on fumbles for GTech is 7.

Miami @ Florida - No one is REALLY scared of "The Swamp" but can DA U go in and pull the upset? The recruiting is there for DA U, it's time to see some on-field results! Most likely we'll see a crappy UF defense stop an even crappier DA U offense and a good UF offense go for 400+ yards on a somewhat decent DA U defense.

San Diego State @ Notre Dame - We call this the Crapper Bowl. Worst game of the year but can SDS beat Notre Lame AGAIN? No one knows for sure, but we can all imagine the hilarity of Fat Charlie losing to a crappy team once again!

Central Michigan @ Georgia - Central Michigan is the defending champs of their conference, and no, no one knows what conference that is. Still, Central Michigan has a very good team and could catch UGA looking ahead to the Border Bash next week. Also, UGA will still have some key players suspended for this game. WATCH THIS ONE!

Troy @ LSU - LSU once again makes the list playing a very good Troy team that is similar to APP STATE. LSU has scheduled possibly the two best FBS or whatever teams (note : that's D2). Troy put up something like 34 points against the hot UGA defense last year, their QB Hogglebaum (sp) is a dual threat similar to APP STATE's Armanti Edwards. Two tough upset specials in a row for LSWho.

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

POOP = freebaser

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Mmm, drinking. I will be doing more in just six and a half hours.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

POOP is definately a different kid but not a free baser. He's been like that his whole life. Don't let him fool you he's a die hard crazy Skins fan who takes it very very seriously.

Posted by: Skinz | August 15, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Truth, no one wants them, nor do they care about you, or your stupid obsession with college football. Why don't you threaten to, and follow through on quitting, and never posting again.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

whawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawha... the truth keeps talking about college footbal... whawhawhawhawhahwha... this is a redskins blog... whawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawha... quit speaking in third person... whawhawhawhawhawhahwhawhawhawhawhawhawhawha... quit trying to be the blog cop!

Posted by: put a sock in it already | August 15, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

POOP = freebaser

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:25 AM

Are you offering? I mean...don't talk about something you can't offer....

Posted by: POOP | August 15, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Top 5 Games for Week 3 :

Arkansas @ Texas - Lucky for Texas this is at home! ARK has new head coach Petrino who, like him or not, is a solid CFB coach. People are expecting instant results for ARK, although I'm thinking Texas takes this one due to home field advantage.

Georgia @ South Carolina - Oh you Georgia Bulldogs! Zero chance for USC in this one, but we've ALL seen how close the Border Bash is. UGA also looking for revenge after last year's loss would eventually keep them out of the NC.

Auburn @ Mississippi State - Will Auburn get CROOMED? Here's hoping so! Big game for Sly Croom early in the season against an Auburn team that might still be learning their new offense. Croom has been at MSU for awhile and is ready for yet another big upset win!

Kansas @ South Florida on Friday - Wow, Kansas is scheduling a tough game! Is Mangino's squad a fluke? Or are they for real? USF is an up-and-coming program with lots of talent from the hotbeds of Florida, and Kansas is still looking to prove themselves despite their great season last year.

THE Ohio State University @ Southern Cal - Oh yeah, this one might be good! Can THE Ohio State University go into the Coliseum and steal a win? I'm not banking on it, but man whatta game! 8 PM, Saturday night on ABC. That's PRIMETIME FOLKS in perhaps the best game of the regular season! If you aren't watching this one you don't like football!!

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

JLC,
If you ever try to slap me silly I'll beat you like a rented mule!

Posted by: Jim Ross | August 15, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Just sayzin is all... ,

Then somebody buy "Just sayzin is all"
Posted by: Pimpin Ken' | August 15, 2008 10:02 AM

Who said I was buying you a drink pussycat ?

Posted by: Pimpin Ken' | August 15, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Alex35332's game of the week,
Fri, Aug 29th, 2008 Temple at Army 07:00

Sat, Sep 6th, 2008 Connecticut at Temple 12:00 PM

Sat, Sep 13th, 2008 Temple at Buffalo 12:00 PM

Sat, Sep 20th, 2008 Temple at Penn State 12:00 PM Beaver Stadium (he he he beaver)

Sat, Sep 27th, 2008 Western Mich at Temple 02:00 PM

Sat, Oct 4th, 2008 Temple at Miami-Ohio 03:30 PM

Sat, Oct 11th, 2008 Temple at Central Mich 04:00 PM

Tue, Oct 21st, 2008 Ohio U at Temple 08:00 PM

Sat, Nov 1st, 2008 Temple at Navy 03:30 PM

Wed, Nov 12th, 2008 Temple at Kent State 08:00 PM Dix Stadium

Sat, Nov 22nd, 2008 Eastern Mich at Temple 01:00 PM

Fri, Nov 28th, 2008 Akron at Temple 01:00 PM

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

POOP for President !!

Posted by: Virgil Mudd | August 15, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Skinz, I have no doubt POOP is a great kid. Just because you freebase doesn't mean that you're not a good person. Maybe he doesn't freebase, I hope he doesn't if he's just a kid. Maybe it's time for him to take his dose of Ritalin.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Jager is the bomb

Posted by: Al | August 15, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Are you offering? I mean...don't talk about something you can't offer....

Posted by: POOP | August 15, 2008 10:30 AM

Maybe... You may have to come surroundings that you aren't comfortable in.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: put a sock in it already | August 15, 2008 10:29 AM

I know you were going for the crying sound here, like WAAAAAH!, but all I can picture is how Chachi used to get all excited over Joanie or any other "hot" chick on Happy Days and exclaim " Wha, Wha, Wha!"

Maybe I'm just too old.....

Posted by: dlhaze | August 15, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Jager is the bomb

Posted by: Al | August 15, 2008 10:37 AM

This post was actually me

Posted by: Al Key | August 15, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Red of the DMV...

I am an old kid, yes, have I freebased in the past, maybe. The point here is drugs are good for you and perhaps one day you should give them a try. Maybe it'll bring you a sense of "belonging" that the DMV could never quite give you or maybe it won't help you at all, but you'll never know until you try...but it's crucial to remember the GOLDEN RULE of 'puff puff give' for without rules we are not any better then mud dwelling swine.

Posted by: POOP | August 15, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

DMV,

He's just kidding he's married with a dog. He just likes to be ridiculous on the blog. Although Ritalin may not be such a bad idea POOP...

Posted by: Skinz | August 15, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Maybe I'm just too old.....

Posted by: dlhaze | August 15, 2008 10:39 AM

With the Happy Days reference.... Yes. Yes you are. So tell us what was it like back when you walked 15 miles in the snow up hill both ways,while being chaced by a T-Rex, to get to and from school?

(this message reviewd and approved by the Amarican Society of Sarcasam, or A.S.S.)

Posted by: 35332 | August 15, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Drugs are bad, Umkay.

Posted by: Mr. Garrison | August 15, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Top 5 Games for Week 4 :

Virginia Tech @ North Carolina - Cutliff is the new head coach at North Carolina and he has the team buying into themselves! VTech is a perennial ACC contender. Could UNC pull the upset? If this is at VTech zero chance, but at North Carolina and maybe, possibly, potentially...

Florida @ Tennessee - Oh the classic "I Wish They Could Both Lose" game for Dawg fans and others! Talk about the UGLIEST game of the year jersey-wise. Ugh! This one should be a classic SEC slobberknocker where TENN's defense will have to win the game for them.

LSU @ Auburn - Why is LSWho making my list so much? Is the media hype getting to me? Auburn and LSU should both be top 15, maybe top 10. Remember last year's game? Last second win on an AWFUL play call by Lester Miles? Don't think Auburn won't come to play and win at home in front of their idiot crowd!

Miami @ Texas A&M - can aTm beat DA U at home? This will be a good game. DA U always has very good D and aTm always has very good O, and NOT vice versa. D wins championships, but offense wins games. Pick aTm in an interesting mix of styles!

Georgia @ Arizona State - Two top 15 teams and one is The Truth's favorite team! Can UGA go out West for the first time since...well before I was born, and win on the road in a tough stadium in Tempe? Hopefully! But will they? This will be a big test, especially coming off last week's Border Bash and looking ahead to next week's game against Alabama!

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

The Truth, you know that CFB does exist north of VA and west of Texas right?

Posted by: Skinz | August 15, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 10:29 AM

I enjoy the college football talk. Just like beer, it is perfect compliment to pro football.

Posted by: CBT | August 15, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

DMV,

Posted by: Skinz | August 15, 2008 10:43 AM

What Skinz meant was that I'm married to a dog and that the woman who happens to live w/us is ridiculously addicted to Ritalin...

Posted by: POOP | August 15, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

I would like to challenge McNabb to a professional fist fight and not show up to the scheduled time it was supposed to begin.Then I would like to take his mom out to nice steak dinner and not call her the next day.

HAIL!

Posted by: POOP | August 15, 2008 10:17 AM

This guy cracks me up, I don't know who is more of a riot, POOP, OG Barno or Prison Balls.....but I'm glad all 3 of them post on RI.

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | August 15, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

NOTE : Cutliff is at DUKE WTF was I thinking?

still, UNC is on the rise

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

The Truth, you know that CFB does exist north of VA and west of Texas right?

Posted by: Skinz | August 15, 2008 10:47 AM

Not to a true SEC fan

Posted by: CBT | August 15, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

I'd like to point out that the truth just used 'I' in a post.

I think we've had a real breakthrough today.

Posted by: etrod | August 15, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

NM I with DMV. Lay off the drugs crack fiend. I'm taking the peanut butter out of your house as well...

Posted by: Skinz | August 15, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Are you offering? I mean...don't talk about something you can't offer....

Posted by: POOP | August 15, 2008 10:30 AM

Maybe... You may have to come surroundings that you aren't comfortable in.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:38 AM

NAH! No worries, I'll wear my porcupine suit while we pat each other on the asses doing Lord of the Dance...

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: put a sock in it already | August 15, 2008 10:29 AM

I see, my opinions have no place up here, and instead we should let you be the blog cop, right Truth? Take your college fooball stuff elsewhere.

Posted by: Head up your a$$ | August 15, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Bighting my toung not to get in the drug discussion.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Redskins Training Camp: August 14

John Keim
WarpathInsiders.com Aug 14, 2008

Horton practicing with the 1st stringers? Rogers and McIntosh playing in two days? Rinehart better suited for Guard? Is Todd Collins improving in this offense? All this and more, right here...

...Carlos Rogers and Rocky McIntosh will play against the Jets Saturday night, coach Jim Zorn said. Rogers can’t wait, calling it more than just an exhibition game. We don’t know what Rocky thought; despite five minutes of prodding by the PR director, McIntosh wouldn’t talk. Says he didn’t want to jinx himself by saying anything about it until after he played. Odd guy.

...Rogers really has looked good in practice, so it’ll be interesting to see how that translates to the game.

...The Redskins broke camp today, with two short practices. They went for only one hour this afternoon after a 90-minute workout this morning (which is typical). They aren’t done with the pads, however. Coach Jim Zorn said they’ll continue to work in full pads on Wednesdays and Thursdays during the season.

...The Redskins did not work in full pads at all today. In fact, they went without any pads this morning, yet they ran drills made for full contact. That did not please Zorn, who second-guessed his own decision. Actually beat himself up a bit over it.

...Todd Collins is finding a better rhythm with the wideouts, looking much better than he did earlier in camp. He lofted a pretty pass to Burl Toler over Chris Horton this morning. He also hit Fred Davis against Horton; Davis made a nice grab. Collins stayed after practice both sessions to work on20two-minute drill stuff, using Derek Devine as a receiver.

...Devine will play some Saturday night. He’s lucky the Redskins have five preseason games; it’ll give him a chance to get on tape for another team.

...Anthony Montgomery has smaller padding on his right hand, giving him a better ability to use that hand. He could barely grab with the hand last week.

...I wonder what the fate of backup linebacker Matt Sinclair will be. He’s tough and works hard, but he’s in intense competition with the other backup LBs. They seem to really like Rian Wallace and they already like Khary Campbell and H.B. Blades for their teams work if nothing else. But they don’t have a backup who could really play for a long stretch of time.

...Horton worked a little bit with the first unit. Not sure what to read into that, but the guess is he’ll get some action against the Jets top guys just to see how he handles it.

...The summer gets easier for everyone after today. For all involved in camp – players, coaches, PR staff and even the beat writers – you get to see your family a lot again.

...Chad Rinehart has looked pretty good at tackle, but those in the know say he still seems more suited to guard.

...The guy to keep an eye on Saturday is Devin Clark, who has looked good during one-on-one drills and in the game. He’s a bit undersized at tackle, but he has produced.

Story URL: http://was.scout.com/2/779553.html

Posted by: Keim to da Post | August 15, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: POOP | August 15, 2008 10:40 AM

HA! You're okay with me POOP. I have a question are you also 'Poopy McPoop'?

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

The Truth has not yet signed up for the second (but in no way inferior) RI fantasy football league!

Nate in the PDX wonders why The Truth is dragging The Truth's feet on this after seeing The Truth flap his gums up here with preemptive trash talking!

The Truth ought to sign up for the fantasy league before Nate in the PDX gives his spot to someone else!

If The Truth needs a hand with this, The Truth is welcome to send Nate in the PDX an email at nateinthepdx at gmail dot com!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 15, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Thanks as always Keim

Posted by: Skinz | August 15, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

I'm aware that CFB is throughout the US, but I can't apologize on behalf of Big 10 and Pac 10 schools for scheduling crap games, nor will I.

Posted by: The Truth in 1st person | August 15, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

How big is Devin Clark? If anything they need to get bigger on the offensive line.

Posted by: Greg | August 15, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Bighting my toung not to get in the drug discussion.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 10:52 AM

Biting your tongue, eh? Well, you do know which party treat causes clinching of the jaw?

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

HA! You're okay with me POOP. I have a question are you also 'Poopy McPoop'?

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 10:53 AM

nope, don't know this "poopy mcpoop" of which you speak...however sounds like anything you could order at the gold arches...

Posted by: POOp | August 15, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 10:52 AM

If we're going to be ass patting, may I suggest birthday suits instead?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

...however sounds like anything you could order at the gold arches...

Posted by: POOp | August 15, 2008 10:58 AM

Or fecal matter from eating at the arches. Maybe they reprocess it and sell it on the dollar menu. or the make it the 13th extra value meal.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

and as if on cue, the first two games in this post are Pac-10 and Big 10 conference games. DOH

Top 5 Games of Week 5 :

Southern Cal @ Oregon State on Thursday night - The only game on Thursday night other than a yawnfest, will USC struggle against a solid Oregon State team? Is Oregon State even solid? Who knows! But this should be a good one to watch since USC has to go on the road in hostile territory!

Wisconsin @ Michigan - Two perennial underachievers going at it here, will RichRod have Michigan righted by now? Doubtful, but can Wisconsin really go to the Big House and win it? Once again, doubtful. This is a game of who can not lose, not who will win!

Illinois @ Penn State - The Truth's love affair with Juice Williams continues as he picks the Fighting Zooks over the Penn State OopsICrappedMyPantses! Looking like a good week for Big 10 action so far! The Truth would like to point out that he selects the Top 5 games as they deserve to be picked, Pac-10, Big 10, SEC, ACC, Big East, DOESN't MATTER. PLAY GOOD GAMES! YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

Alabama @ Georgia - Will Bama be Top 25 by now? If they upset Clemson in Week 1 it is likely. And you can't say this isn't a good game, remember the One-And-Done from Stafford to Mikey Henderson last year? OF COURSE YOU DO!

Minnesota @ Ohio State - Another good Big 10 game, but most likely OSU wins in a sleeper. That said, Minnesota could pull this one out (that's what she said) and pose as a stumbling block for tOSU should they beat Southern Cal. This is one of the 3 or 4 tough games on the schedule for OSU, so pay attention!

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Greg, Deven Clark is my man out of UNM.

Devin Clark (OT)
Height:6'4"
Weight:313
College:New Mexico
Conference:Mountain West
Hometown:Mesa, AZ
High School:Mountain View

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 15, 2008 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Top 5 Games of Week 6 :

Arizona State @ Cal - Will Cal still be a Top 25 team by now? Will ASU? One of them will be, and the other won't. The one that is not Top 25 will win and knock the other out, leaving two very good teams out of the Top 25!

Florida State @ Miami - We're just hoping not to have a brawl here! Two underachieving teams that really just suck. Thankfully this game isn't in the first week anymore so we don't have to watch that massacre of a game. Pick DA U in this one.

Ohio State @ Wisconsin - Another tough game for tOSU. This is the second week in a row, and this time it is on the road! Can Wisconsin pull it off? The crowd will be raucus no doubt and look for this one to be close.

Oregon @ USC - Will Oregon have a good year like they had last year? The loss of Dennis Dixon will still linger no doubt, but look for Ryan Leaf's brother to be starting by now and take his team to the promised land (NOT).

Stanford @ Notre Dame - Another game in the No One Cares Bowl, can Notre Dame avoid further embarrassment with their emu QB and beat Pac-10 doormat Stanford? God I hope not!

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Curz, I'm guessing the issue is that Clark PLAYS like he's only 6'5.5" and 312 pounds.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

I agree w/ Greg!

Posted by: Dik | August 15, 2008 11:15 AM | Report abuse

That would have been funnier if I had gotten the math right on his height.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Top 5 Games for Week 7 :

Texas @ Oklahoma - Need I say more? The Red River Shootout is one of the top rivalries in the country, and both teams could possibly be Top 10 this year! Can Colt do it after a rough soph slump? Pick OU!

Arizona State @ Southern Cal - Too bad this one is at The Coliseum. Southern Cal won't win, no matter what the records are. Hell, ASU could be undefeated and Southern Cal still wins. Still gonna be a good game and I expect a close score!

Rutgers @ Cincinatti - Two sleeper teams this year. Rutgers still missing Ray Rice but Cincy is on the rise and both teams could be hovering around #25 at this point. Cincy is a legit Top 20 team and should win at home, but Rutgers is a tough game!

Tennessee @ Georgia - Are you kidding me? After the massacres UGA has been victim to the last two years, UGA fans will welcome Tenn Between the Hedges for an oldschool clownstomping. Cutliff is gone at Tenn which is very big and overlooked. Tenn is also breaking in a new QB. UGA by 2 scores minimum!

LSU @ Florida - This will be a good game. UF lucks out with home field advantage, and their crowd should be pumped, but LSWho's QB will be broken in by now and the D of LSU will be even better than last year's. Watch for LSWho to go on the road and knock off UF in a tight one!

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Thanks guys. Hopefully these guys get locked in the weight room, and can bulk up a bunch.

Posted by: Greg | August 15, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg | August 15, 2008 10:57 AM

Todd Wade is 6'8" ... which is to say that I will not shed a tear if the Skins got a little shorter on the offensive line.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Here is the analysis coming out of college:

Analysis
Positives: Gives good effort on every play, and a noted hard worker. ... Able to get to linebackers and safeties quickly at the second level. ... Can anchor well, using leg and hand strength to stand up bull rushes from larger defensive ends. ... Better as a positional blocker, sealing the edge for off-tackle runs and directing his man around the pocket in pass protection. ... Effective drive-blocker at times.

Negatives: Only adequate size to play on the outside. ... When facing quicker defensive ends, he reaches and gets upright too often instead of using his footwork to stay balanced and in an athletic position. ... Inconsistent sustaining his blocks, he allows his man to beat him on second effort. ... Does not always play as strong as his weight room numbers indicate. ... May be tried inside at right guard.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 15, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 11:03 AM

mmmmmmm McFecal Matter....

Posted by: POOP | August 15, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Curz,

Here's a little more about Clark ... apparently he can see farther than Reche Caldwell.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Size does not matter on the line as much as many think. Not saying you can have a 200 lb OT, but sometimes they can get too big.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Someone called Alfred Fitcher "chicken neck" ... referring to a really really really big chicken.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Thats why whoever is president next is the luckiest SOB on the planet.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 9:25 AM

WRONG. We have this little tiny problem called AFGHANISTAN. All the troops will elave Iraq but end up in Afghanistan. Pay close attention to the canidates. They're saying it but being coy about it.....

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I dunno call me crazy here, i'm just brainstorming.

Posted by: Skinz | August 15, 2008 9:30 AM

We should be doing the same with Zorn as well, but the comparisons are starting and all conclusions have been reached....

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Top 5 Games of Week 8 :

Virginia Tech @ Boston College - Better believe VTech wants revenge after last year's debaucle! Can they do it? Yep! VTech wins this one in a tight, boring game.

Ohio State @ Michigan State - Will Michigan State be hot now? That's all that matters. If they are playing like their average selves they have no chance. But every now and then Michigan State gets hot and starts looking good. They also got a good starting RB, but will they be able to run on the stout OSU D?

Missouri @ Texas - This will be an intense battle, though I doubt either will be contending for the conference. Will Chase Daniels still be in Heisman contention here? What about Colt McCoy??

Kansas @ Oklahoma - Is there anyway the Flying Manginos can beat OU at OU? I have a hunch this one will be a game of the year contender! Kansas won't be that great next year, but they will play out of their minds in this game and beat the Sooners!

Mississippi State @ Tenn - Not many people are talking about Mississippi State but they are set for a big year. They've been solid lately and then they add a TRUE D1 QB in Snead and a TRUE crazy head coach in Houston Nut. At Tenn would be a huge win for him to gain confidence of the fans and the administration, and I'm thinking someone might get Nutted on!

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Alex, I'd rather have 5 guys across the line who are in the 310-320 range, rather be closer to the heaviest line in the league, than the outright lightest, which is what the Redskins have.

Posted by: Greg | August 15, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

cheerleader gig this afternoon @ 5pm downtown

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Size does not matter...as much as many think... but sometimes they can get too big.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 11:30 AM

Size matters alot. Never too big.

Posted by: Jenna Jameson | August 15, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 11:35 AM

With as much confidence as you can have in making Week 8 predictions, I am predicting that Javon Ringer (RB/MSU) is going to go in the first round in the spring.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Anybody think there might be some concern regarding Collins' spot on the roster? He's looked average-at-best thus far in preseason and nobody has said anything really good about him in camp. Just the daily reports of Collins struggling with the new system. Might the Skins look elsewhere when cuts are made, and bring in a guy or two for a tryout?

Posted by: Croc | August 15, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

larry michael mentioned the skins were taking the train to ny. are they leaving from union station?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 11:31 AM

Afghanistan is the one that everyone was preparing to be in for a long time (post 9/11, pre-Iraq), plus there is an actual coalition of international forces there. That said, the action will shift over to western Pakistan, but seems like the brightness of the line btwn the two countries is not so vivid.

Croc, same thought about Collins. Is Culpepper's background in the West Coast "get open" style of offense?

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 11:42 AM

Private train. Private track. [For everything else, there's MasterCard.]

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

OTs these days have to be lighter these days. There is a trend with DEs that are 250-270 pounds right now.

I'd take a 320-340 pound guard or center in a second though.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 15, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Skins should probably scour the cuts for LBs and backup QBs, and any linemen nudged out due to age/salary.

Posted by: creativefunk | August 15, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

4th I doubt many on this blog pays much more atention to politics than I do. I spend roughly 2 hours a day updating myself on whats going on, avoiding MSM like the plague.

Yes Afganastan is now a mess and I hear rumors that the Georga/Russia thing may be an elaborate attempt to ge US forces further surounding Iran, no hard proof on that though, and there is another theroy that Russia is just staging a base closer to Iran to secure their interests in the region. And yes neither of the D's or R's will really leave Iraq for another 4-10 years, but will shift resources out of there to some extent. And yes Afganastan is a mess getting worse, compounded with the escelation of the situation in Packastan on its border.

The "nice" thing for them is they can blame so much on Bush's mistakes.

I was refering to how they will compair to GWB, all they have to do is not drop an A-Bomb or go bankrupt and they will probably have higher aproval raitings.

Posted by: 35332 | August 15, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

F Politics!

F College Football previews!

F "The Truth". (or put him in a porcupine suit, inside out)

F Fridays in August!

Posted by: The F Guy | August 15, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

From Jason Whitlock's nfl truths - too funny not to post. btw, good on ya' C. Samuels

The NFL Truths obtained a rough draft of Pacman Jones' reinstatement letter to Roger Goodell. What follows are just a few of the highlights:

What's good, Roger? I mean, what's Goodell, Roger?

I'm just playing, Commissioner Goodell. This is Pacman Jones. My agent said I needed to drop you a letter saying why I should be reinstated. Well, as you know, I do a lot of work in the community supporting single mothers one dollar at a time.

I've included some reference letters from a few of the gals I've helped get through nursing school. They were embarrassed to include their last names, but I'm sure you will be impressed when you read the heart-tugging letters from Lexus, Athena, Diamond and Mercedes. Without my rain, these independent, hardworking women would not be in their seventh year of nursing school.

Also, my good friend Joe Pete, the owner of Magic City, has constructed a graph highlighting the negative economic impact my suspension has had on Atlanta strip clubs. Pacman's suspension has been worse than gas prices.

President Bush calls my rainmaking trickle-down economics.

Sincerely,

Pacman Jones

Posted by: bangkokben | August 14, 2008 9:22 PM

JAson Whitlock is the worst. Well, 2nd worse to Wilbon. I thought he wanted to help black people, but instead he tries to keep them down with stupid sh*t like this....

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Size is overated on O-line. ask the Denver Broncos, consistently one of the lightest lines in the leauge but known for their running game.

Second quite as kept we might not go to afganastan because Russia is making a power play to regain the territories that they lost. So you heard it here first we might go to war with Russia because they will probably attack poland and Poland is our allay.

August 15th 2008, you heard it here first. now back to sports

Posted by: Great One | August 15, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: The F Guy | August 15, 2008 11:52 AM

F you F Guy!

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Top 5 Games of Week 9 :

Auburn @ West Virginia - Oh yeah! Auburn is running the offense WVU has mastered (with some tweaks of course). This should be good and both teams are definitely Top 10 calibre!

Cincinnati @ Connecticut - Two undervalued teams in the preseason will have great years! They will be the two surprise teams of the year and this game will be quite interesting! A surprise good game for the nation, but THE TRUTH aka Your's Truly is calling it right now!

South Florida @ Louisville - USF should be established as a very good team at this point, and Louisville should be established as a not-so-good team at this point. Can USF go on the road at Lousiville and walk away with a win??

Georgia @ LSU - Can Georgia go to Death Valley on Saturday night and win? Wow, this will be a tough matchup. Once again, LSWho's QB should be playing better by now. This will be a defensive battle and MUST SEE.

Notre Dame @ Washington - Ty Willingham was kicked out of Notre Dame after 3 (or was it 4?) years. Charlie Weiss has been at Notre Dame the same amount of time! Oh man! This one is gonna be intense! Who has built the better program in the same exact amount of time? Ty or Fat Stinky guy? I'm hoping Ty pulls this one out, and I think Washington has a perfect opportunity here! You can bet this is circled on the COACHES' calenders!

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 11:53 AM

Who is being kept down by this? I thought it was pretty funny....

Posted by: dlhaze | August 15, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Who is being kept down by this? I thought it was pretty funny....

Posted by: dlhaze | August 15, 2008 11:57 AM

The CB formerly known as Packman is. Personally I am of the side that all people deserve second chances, but, you can always make fun of anyone for anything about their past.

Posted by: 35332 | August 15, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

I mean my mom still makes fun of me for stupid stuff I said when I was 12.

Posted by: 35332 | August 15, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I just went and picked up some fries for lunch and these bastards gave me Hunt's ketchup. HUNT'S! That's un-American!

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 15, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

The CB formerly known as Packman is.
Posted by: 35332 | August 15, 2008 12:01 PM

How exactly is he being kept down? Is Goodell not going to reinstate him because Jason Whitlock made fun of him in an article? Pac man did all of that stupid shti to himself, it's all on record. Making fun of him doesn't change anything.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Watching a replay of SB XVII. Can't stand the jints, but I do love watching Brady get beat up.

Also, it was fun to see NE go 18-1 and not be able to finish the deal.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 15, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Oops, meant XLII.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 15, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 11:30 AM

I see today's his birthday.

Posted by: skinfanman | August 15, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

August 15th 2008, you heard it here first. now back to sports

Posted by: Great One | August 15, 2008 11:54 AM

Actually, I didn't hear it here first.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 15, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 11:53 AM

He may want to help black people but repeated idiocy, such as pacman's, transends all color. 2nd chances are great, even third's are ok, but pacman has used all those up. The only thing that he has shown so far is that he deserves everything he gets. He should be in jail.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 15, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 11:53 AM

Who is being kept down by this? I thought it was pretty funny....

Posted by: dlhaze | August 15, 2008 11:57 AM

He is supposed to be serious about this subject and yet he's making jokes of this. By him making this joke he is saying the guy hasn't changed. He is saying he is ignorant and will never change. He dosen't give the guy a chance. But he's supposed to be a print journalist. Give me a freakin break. That's why he and Wilbon have no more credibility. They want it both ways. We'll I won't let them have it.

Whitlock tried to go the way of Bill Cosby, but Bill wouldn't have done this. When you go after a community and try to be above everyone else you can no longer stoop back under that line. But he has and he is a hypocrite. But yet people still read this idiot and Wilbon. Why. They are irrelavant. They know nothing but say they do. Kornheiser says out front he is one of the most cynical guys and he wishes he weren't. I can live with that because he's telling the truth.

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 12:07 PM

This isn't about Pacman and is all about Jason Whitlock. He is the one that started to 'reign in' the troublesome black 'hip hop' youth that he lumps all of us in, including me.

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 12:19 PM

Look, I agree that both Wilbon and Whitlock are hypocritical scumbags, but let's be honest here. You say they're not giving pacman a chance. Why should anybody? He's had more chances than most people get in a lifetime. He continues to blow it. He's a moron, plain and simple. Does that give the two idiot journalists the right to criticize a whole segment of the population? Absolutely not. But this little article is directed at one person. I've read their stuff before and many times it is way too overgeneralized, but this sh!t is funny. And I can't think of a more deserving person. Pacman is ignorant and hasn't shown that he can change.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 15, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Actually, I didn't hear it here first.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 15, 2008 12:13 PM

You heard it hear first if I say you heard it hear first, now back to to sports

Posted by: Great One | August 15, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

4th, i'm with you on both of these people. and there's only one cosby. you can't be cosby on one issue and eddie murphy/richard pryor on the next. honestly i thought it was a funny piece and wished someone else had written it.

Posted by: dealer | August 15, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

if cooley keeps up his production and even improves his production...for say 8 more years...what do you think his chances are for HOF? he's awesome. he's talking about getting bret favreh's autograph this weekend...lol...

also anyone else miss riggo on radio?

Posted by: dealer | August 15, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Jason Lacaca sounds so disappointed that Mac and Carlos are back so soon. IN YOUR FACE LACACA!

Posted by: Hater | August 15, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

I don't care about Pacman. If he's gonna do this to one, it won't stop him to do this to others. I know I might seem too uptight. But he is one of those people that get my blood boiling because he has this outlet to speak to so many people and mischaracterizes my people. This is just another of ongoing examples for them. Pacman is just used out of conveince.

(If everyone makes fun of him then maybe I should too and everyone will get a good chuckle. Hey, you guys want me to jump off a bridge next week since everyone else is doing it? No problem)

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Brownwood,

Agreed on the Ketchup, Hunts is discusting its all runny and watery. Its Hienz or nothing for me.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 15, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

also anyone else miss riggo on radio?

Posted by: dealer | August 15, 2008 12:33 PM

Yes. But not Braun. Sheehan is wit Doc Walker at noon on 980.

ALSO,

LAVAR ARRINGTON WILL HAVE A WEEKLY RADIO SHOW ON WPGC 1580AM FROM 1PM TO 2PM STARTING THIS MONDAY.

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

4th,

Typed out a long winded responce with elaborate stories but deleted it and to sumerize, I can see how one would feel frustrated by that, we have all been there. I get lumped in with liberals more often then I ever want too.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 12:33 PM

It may help you to remember that usually only idiots listen to idiots. I hear what the a-hole says but I pay it no attention because he is an assbag and I know it. Don't get too angry over some sh!tbomb that isn't worth your time. You just keep setting a good example for "your people" and you'll be doing your part to continue discrediting no talent a$$clowns such as these.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 15, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Brownwood,

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 15, 2008 12:34 PM

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'd rather make my own ketchup than eat that sh*t again.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 15, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 15, 2008 12:04 PM

Well, what's the competition? Heinz is it. Maybe you meant to say Hunt's is un-German?

Posted by: Hombre Secreto | August 15, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

JLC REVEALS HIS GIBBS-HATE

(70Chip) sent the following message on or about August 23, 2007:

Of course Kendall will start. We all know Joe is just covering for his guys. Don't take it so personally. He yelled at Steve Buckhants one time. It's all affectation. I would encourage you to get some Redskins employees to talk to you so you don't have to hunt down people from other teams. That way would be more "Insiderly."

_______________________________________________________
LaCanfora responds:

Gibbs treats people like they are morons, so I am calling him out on it. Don't insult that same fanbase you try to stroke all the time after you go 5-11.
trust me, i have no lack of people talking to me on this team, way more than gibbs can stomach. he can't stand the fact that i get the straight dope and don't write his dopish version of the truth in many instances (their crappy left side of the line a perfect case in point).
Thanks for reading.
Cheers.

Posted by: Deepthroat | August 15, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

scampbell1975

Agree on the second part, how to react. Disagree on the first.

Plenty of stupid people out there, and if you keep letting them listen to an idiot it only makes things worse, just because we ignore something does not really make it go away, millions of examples of that through history, look at any the steriods scandle. You can't let it boil the blood, as anger leads to making mistakes. But you can, and I think should, call them out.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

scampbell1975

Agree on the second part, how to react. Disagree on the first.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 12:49 PM

Unfortunately the other option is censorship and taking away the freedom of speech. Agree there are many idiots out there but I believe in focusing on the things that I can change and not getting my blood pressure up about the things I can't.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 15, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

this is wild!!!!!

Posted by: Ms. Wadineye | August 15, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Deepthroat,
Ok you posted the same thing 3 times now, at least. Its a year old, its not proof of anything other than a well publicized incident from a year ago that just proved that LaC and Joe got into a fight one time.

Do you?
A. Have something new about the JLC vs Vinny and the front office?
B. Feel that you can elaborate your point about this post in a substantive way?

It only harms your case to re-post the same stuff over and over, see Poolman.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 15, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

THAT's what I come here for ... discussions about race and/or politics ...

I can't say I read much Jason Whitlock, but I can say that I hope the Commissioner does not re-instate Adam Jones ... I don't want him returning punts for Dallas. Of all the Joneses in Dallas, however, I prefer Adam or Felix over Jerrah.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Ok, lets end this squabble I started. My blood boils on a lot of stupid stuff, but maybe not the way you guys are imagining. It's more of an internal 'I can't believe this MoFo thinks he can write whatever he wants without thinking of the consequences of his actions or past actions' type of blood boil. Similar to how certain reporters use limited facts to slant their opinions.....

And presidents while I'm at it......

Anyway, I hope you guys saw my post about LAvar having a radio show. He'll be broadcasting from his restaurant in Landover (It's not Largo) at the Cap Center......

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

"He'll get a chance to play at least a quarter tonight, maybe more."

Umm...do we play tonight?

Posted by: Mike H. | August 15, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 10:29 AM

Truth,
I'd much rather read about college football than some of the things that get posted on here. Georgia should be good but how worried are you about losing Trinton Sturdivant?

Posted by: GA_Skinz_Fan | August 15, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

What if JLaC is on the train or driving right now to Hoffaland? Now, that would be funny...

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Censorship is extream, and I think we get too much of it in the US as it is. I would rather engage in open debate myself, its one of the best points of democracy isnt it? If you don't like what a reporter is saying I think you have the options to; Write them a letter asking for them to retract what they said or a LTE to express your own opinion to their paper or do so in another forum, wich the readers of said person would be.

But we all know how much I like debate.

Posted by: 35332 | August 15, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Anybody care to speculate what LaVar will be talking about, and what will be his slant, on his radio show? And, does it even matter? I just don't understand why he's relevant.

And, does he serve Hunt's or Hein'z at his restaurant? I'm guessing there are lots of mighty fine Heinz at his place.

Posted by: Motivator | August 15, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

"This is exactly what I was refering to. You see, Jason Whitlock who is supposed to be a respected print journalist. Then he all of sudden decided to rail against 'hip-hop' and black youth (which I and many others have been lumped in by him) which has been well documented up here and everywhere.

Those other 2 bozos are just as cynical but deny it which makes them hypocritical. "

4th why do you get so offended by some person's opinion? What makes that person so special you have to listen? Just ignore it, jeeze. Not that big a deal. You aren't gonna agree with every single person in this world. No point in getting worked up about it.

Sorry the world isn't 100% PC (yet) and gonna bend over to make you happy. Get over it and get over yourself!

Posted by: The Truth in 1st person | August 15, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Top 5 games of week 10 coming!!

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

LaVar will discuss Motercycling and Chess, crabing and living on the bay. There will be no discussion of football.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Wow, didn't mean to start up anything here. Got busy at work and just checked back in. I don't read much of anything by Whitlock, just thought that the article was funny. I didn't take it as him railing against anyone at all, or trying to keep them down. If anyone faces consequences from the article it will surprise me alot. Until then I will laugh, and hope that Pacman never gets to play again.

Posted by: dlhaze | August 15, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

........

But we all know how much I like debate.

Posted by: 35332 | August 15, 2008 1:08 PM

I like to debate too. I wish we had one at my school. My wife hates me for this reason.

Also, I thought that was what blogs were for?? That's why I joined. Irregardless of this being football, we live 'up here' enough that other subjects will spill out because this is DC.

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Is there a football toping for the day that we have not covered yet on the blog? Skins are Amtraking it up to NY right now... Eagles starters play like girly men. What else?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Oh and to tie eirly topics into later.

Politcs is the best drinking game ever.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

I like to debate too. My wife hates me for this reason.

Posted by: 4th | August 15, 2008 1:17 PM

I can see why. Never debate with your wife. You're not a newlywed, 4th. Repeat after me: "Yes, dear. Whatever you say, dear."

Posted by: Mull It | August 15, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

A. training camp acquisition Jason Taylor crushes training camp acquisition Brett Favre for a sack/fumble; Skins get the ball

2. famously stone-handed and newly recovered/rehabbed Carlos Rogers makes an impressive pick of a Favre pass

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 15, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Top 5 games of week 10 coming!!

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 1:11 PM

No rush. I'm OK to wait on that ... like maybe till Week 9.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

And, 4th, remember what Sween posted: "When mother's happy everyone's happy. When dad's happy, no one cares."

This is magic. I said it to my wife and she said "You should spend more time on that blog, learning from Mr. Sween."

Posted by: Mull It | August 15, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Nate, my preference would be for #1 ... and that the secondary actually be allowed to be "secondary" to the performance accomplishments of the line. Better to that the QB not be able to throw the ball than throw a pick (says me).

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Funny, Mull It, for some reason my wife has never suggested I spend more time on that blog.

I should be a little more forthcoming with the sween quotes, I guess.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 15, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Mull It, trust me ... its ME who is looking for husbanding and parenting advice from 4th, not vice versa.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Anyone else listen to the Mike O'Meara show? He is jumping on the Zorn Wagon, is he doing it for raitings or for real?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 15, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Top 5 games of week 10 coming!!

Posted by: The Truth | August 15, 2008 1:11 PM

No rush. I'm OK to wait on that ... like maybe till Week 9.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 1:31 PM

Yeah, truth, be sure to post these every week because I'm liable to forget. I'm trying to cut and paste them, but I may lose the file. Any chance you could prep us on the best games for the 2009 season while you're at it?

Posted by: Mull It | August 15, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Dammit. the Cowboys just signed that Dead Bigfoot in Georgia.

Posted by: Corkczar | August 15, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

I try to conceal the blog from my wife (who despises the time I commit to the NFL), but sometimes there are lines up here that stick with me for weeks and I end up repeating something eventually (kind of like Simpsons episodes ... every major life event has been depicted and laughed at on the Simpsons). The missus refers to the blog my "sewing circle."

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Clayton thinks that Chris Simms is going to end up in Dallas. [dcsween thinks that Brad Johnson is still a better QB than Tony Romo.]

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 15, 2008 1:30 PM

Sadly now of these will happen because you've just jinxed them. Favre will now have the preseason game of his life and throw for 250 yds. and 3 TD's... in a single quarter.

'Los Rogers will make an excellent play on a pass from Favre, slip awkwardly and injure both of his knees... and tailbone.

Thanks, Nate.

Best regards,

Posted by: Bad Karma | August 15, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

+++Toss-up: if you could only have one, which would you choose for tomorrow's game?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 15, 2008 1:30 PM+++

#2, because that's new and different.

PREDICTION:

Favre goes deep on his first pass, overthrows Clowney who beats Smoot and the Safety is late..

Also, goes deep on HIS first pass, hitting MOSS for a big gain..

Posted by: Corkczar | August 15, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Back to that Eagles-Panthers game last night (reminded by pft one liners re: Panthers ... and I disagree that the Panthers were dominated in the first half, but I digress), Brian Dawkins had a MAJOR hit on Mushin Muhammed last night ... Muhammed pulled in a TD pass but Dawkins put a Sean Taylor-like hit on him and the call was that Muhammed did not have possession when he hit the ground. On the replay, it looks like the reason Muhammed lost possession was because he was knocked out cold and his body just folded. Would have been a great catch, but it was a better hit -- mayhem-wise.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

[dcsween thinks that Brad Johnson is still a better QB than Tony Romo.]

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 1:38 PM

Red of the DMV thinks dcsween may do a little freebasing in his or her free time as well.

Red of the DMV acknowledges that dcsween is a Skins fan so any hate regarding anything Dallas or Cowboys is understood.

Red of the DMV hopes that dcsween doesn't actually think Brad Johnson is better than Romo.

Posted by: Red of the DMV the 3rd | August 15, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I just got to spend the past several days serving jury duty. Unfortunately, it wasn't on this jury...

Posted by: 4-12 | August 15, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Red of the DMV the 3rd | August 15, 2008 1:47 PM

Yes, primarily mocking Romo rather than pumping Johnson, but I do think Johnson is better in clutch situations than Romo (based primarily on Romo's back to back ending of Dallas' post-season), but Johnson's gas tank just doesn't hold enough fuel to go four quarters ... by which I mean it would not surprise me if the Cowboys picked up a different QB castoff (like Chris Simms or Culpepper).

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Great article on Knowshon Moreno :

KNOWMO!!

Posted by: The Truth in 1st person | August 15, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

4-12, its not surprising that the rural jurors of Stauton, VA would be giggling. I don't think it would create much of an urban furor in DC though.

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Can we get a text message whenever 35332 spells a word correctly?

Posted by: Webster & Assoc. | August 15, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Aye sween. Although my inner 10 year old self giggled at this line in the article:

'Wood occasionally would stand up and look down at the jury.'

Posted by: 4-12 | August 15, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 1:54 PM

I don't know, watching something like that in a courtroom session ought to strike anyone as funny.

Posted by: redskirt | August 15, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Or maybe my inner 10 year old (as 4th put it) is not so inner after all.

Posted by: redskirt | August 15, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Isn't Herb Simpson Homer's half-brother? Man, he just can't seem to stay on top. Went from auto magnate, to bankruptcy, to inventor of a baby-talk translating device, to extortionist.

It's a darn shame.

Posted by: freakzilla | August 15, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Look for more of the bone crunching hits against the Deadskins midget receivers and injury-prone rookies.

Posted by: B. Dawkins | August 15, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

4-12, funny article

Anybody else think it was ironic that they were watching an adult movie and the the judge's name was wood. it said wood stood up and looked down at them.

sophmoric humor, got to love it

Posted by: Great One | August 15, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

As a white guy, i dont see the article as "mischaracterizing your people". i see it as an article poking fun of a complete moronic athlete, either black or white, who brought his problems on himslef thru his own stupid idiotic actions. Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 12:38 PM

anonymous, anyone could have written that. but he COULD because he's black. and HE DID! and not to mention others woulda done a much better job too. that's what my problem is. you can't make fun of issues that you supposedly hold dear, that you highhorsed on a year ago about and then decided to take easy shots for cheap laughs about a subject matter that is so important to him. yes, it was funny. i laughed at it. but HE can't say it. he might as well have signed it "JW - i even lost my mother's respect by writing this."

Posted by: dealer | August 15, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | August 15, 2008 1:45 PM
It was a bonecrushing hit because it was helmet-to-helmet. That's got no place in the preseason, and that was about the only "good" play Dawkins made all night. I can't wait for the next Sellers-running-over-Dawkins play.

Posted by: Croc | August 15, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

I'm going to OC this weekend and they'd better have the game on Comcast down there. I hope they are not a Ravens market!

Posted by: sicwidit | August 15, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

I hope they are not a Ravens market!

Posted by: sicwidit | August 15, 2008 4:49 PM

Ya know what you do to Ravens fans?? You take them, and cut 'em right...there below the hamstring. They'll push everything to the right....they'll never play the game again

Posted by: cej75024 | August 15, 2008 10:33 PM | Report abuse