Who Ya Got?

Going to the game? It's going to be perfect football weather, according to the Capital Weather Gang.

Of course, you can also vote here, if you're so inclined.

By Cindy Boren  |  December 18, 2008; 11:49 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Chat Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...
Next: The Early Practice Report

Comments

First maybe

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 18, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Take a moment to watch this classic Sammy Baugh trailer, from his days as an actor. Adam Bernstein, our obits guru, sent it to me:

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 18, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Jason Taylor was just on the Junkies, and when his pay was brought up he said "I'm not worth $8million". They asked if he were cut at the end of the year, first would he be suprised, and second would he return to football? He answered by saying "I don't know, if I were cut I would have to evaluate the situation", sounding like he was ready to hang it up. He said he wouldn't be suprised if he were to be cut after this season. He was really hard on himself saying he stinks this season and isn't getting it done, but also alluded to the system not being so great. He said it wasn't the most ideal system for him but that it's his job to find a way to fit in it.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 18, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Man, whenever I see ch-ch-change here, I think it means that Danny is trading Vinny for the Geico Gecko. Relatively speaking, I think he could do pretty good...

Posted by: SkinsfaninPeru | December 18, 2008 11:54 AM

Actually, that should be the Skins new add campaign for 2009...just imagine a pic of Vinny with those bug-eyes under the caption, "Redskins GM--so easy a caveman can do it!"

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 18, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

"OK, I'll give (a little) on Moreno. Tell me about his pass blocking and his receiving out of the backfield.

Posted by: dcsween "

incredible pass catcher out of the backfield, pass blocking skills are nothing to write home about, but servicable in college level

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 18, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Is Moreno tall enough and heavy enough to be a credible pass blocker if trained well enough?

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Will Moreno last until the 5th round?

If not, no thank you.

Posted by: psps23 | December 18, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Ah ... thinking about it, I know Moreno is going to go in the first round, sliding at most to the second round at worst (like if he gets caught with a dead girl or a live boy in his bed at the Combine), and I'm thinking the Skins need to focus on the lines in the first round. Ideally, my choice would be a DT (like the kind teams get to play NT) to replace Cornelius and finally start collapsing the pocket ... or an offensive tackle ... or guard.

MAN I hate having to take medicine!

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DaReal4th | December 18, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

I agree about Moreno, but he will go top 15 easy in this draft. The Skins should draft a RB, like Jahvid Best to add some explosion to this offense.

Posted by: SkinsFan4Life89 | December 18, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DaReal4th | December 18, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

4th, my favorite bits from that second link are the names: Lou Rymkus; Frankie Sinkwich; Harry Hopp; Andy Farkas.

I totally want to play poker with those guys, then maybe head down to the malt shop to sweet talk some dames.

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

posts like the portis vs. thomas jones post are the ones i hate on. they make jasno lose all the credibility he has when he bashes vinny. stuff like this is a gimme for the "source meter" and the chooch.

jasno, we want to get Fing vinny a whole lot more than you do but your lack of football knowledge isn't helping our cause.

the chooch, larry michael, treats you as our leader for people who want vinny out and when you put up nonsense like that you make his case not ours. and the thing is you don't have to reach like you do at all. the record alone speaks volume.

and for the millionth time i say to the chooch, F Vinny!!!!!

also did anyone mention that the jets have a first ballot HOF'er as the QB near the top of his game?????? whilest we have a JC??? as much as you love JC, jasno, he aint and never will be bret favreh, EVER!!! the closest he ever was and will be to bret favre was when he was 10 years old.

F vinny!!!!!!!! and the chooch!

Posted by: dealer1 | December 18, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

whoa dealer ... step away from the exclamation point key ...

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Flound, thanks for posting that about JT, I cannot fathom a way in which he's brought back at that salary.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 18, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

I hope the stadium isn't filled with Eagles fans, but I can see it coming a mile away; Steeler’s fiasco pt.2. If anyone here has good seats, please have a fire Vinnie sign up. You know what I find funny about this organization, the ability to constantly b.s. the fans. All I've heard on 980 this week for sound bite ads is this, "Jim Zorn states he's the reason the Skins have been losing." Ah yes the backup plan if things went south this year. There's a reason Danny boy bought the station. I'm just amazed no one has really made a fuss about this.

Danny boy this decade as owner has produced just 1 playoff win, terrible. All the fans want to rip Zorn and Campbell, has no one been watching this team for the last 10 years? High paid players who don't produce, giving away our draft picks and always having drama in the offseason. Anyone see any kind of pattern? This has been going on long before Campbell and Zorn showed up. One constant thing, Danny and Vinnie have no clue on how to build an organization.

Until we get a real GM, this team will never have a chance to compete for the Super Bowl.

Posted by: trueredskinsfan | December 18, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

We need a monster like Mark Herzlich roaming the D.

Posted by: SkinsFan4Life89 | December 18, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsFan4Life89 | December 18, 2008 12:10 PM

Meaning the Skins should wait till this sophomore is draft eligible, right?

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Danny boy this decade as owner has ...

Posted by: trueredskinsfan | December 18, 2008 12:21 PM

As a drunk and a person of Irish descent, I resent use of that name for The Owner.

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Peria Jerry. Says here weaknesses are strength and technique ... which seems like things that coaches can work on ...

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Oh, that's weaknesses. I read it as weakneeses.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 18, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

I did not say that they should draft him exactly. I said they should draft a guy like Best, who has explosive speed and would add a dimension that this offense does not posess.

I know we just drafted 2 WR this year, but Hayward-Bey must just fall in our laps. HE is the game changer that this team needs.

But I would be satisfied with Jason Smith (OT/Baylor Sic' Em Bears), George Selvie (DE/South FL) or a huge run stuffing DT.

Posted by: SkinsFan4Life89 | December 18, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Let's see--last week JLC had divine confirmation we would slam the Bungles, and now the options we're given against the Iggles are zilch and negative zilch. Given the credibility of last week's prediction, maybe the smart money should be on the 'Skins. How's this for a prediction--a 15 point win and Jason Campbell, channeling Sammy Baugh, is NFC Offensive Player of the Week.

Posted by: boothintexas | December 18, 2008 5:53 PM | Report abuse