Redskins reach agreement with wide receiver Bobby Wade

Another day, another veteran wide receiver has been signed.

In addition to signing Joey Galloway, the team has also agreed to terms with wide receiver Bobby Wade, according to Comcast SportsNet.

Wade, 29, will be playing for his fifth team since entering the league in 2003. He spent last season with the Kansas City Chiefs, starting six games, appearing in 12 games and catching 36 passes for 367 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

His best years came in 2007-08 with Minnesota when he had around 640 yards each season and topped 50 receptions in consecutive years. His signing means the team will have 11 receivers on its roster. The Redskins will likely carry only the top five or so into the season, and both Galloway and Wade will have to really impress in order to stick around beyond training camp.

By Rick Maese  |  April 29, 2010; 9:53 AM ET
Categories:  Free agency , wide receivers
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Video: The Redskins make their moves
Next: Redskins also announce signings of UCLA tight end and LSU running back

Comments

OMG, the sky is falling! Should be good for practice, we shall see. 6 guys is a lot to cut, so he'd better be prepared to compete.

Posted by: Corvis777 | April 29, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Are we sure Bruce Allen knows they can only have 80 guys in training camp?

Posted by: alex35332 | April 29, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

OH, and 1st. And 2nd.

Posted by: Corvis777 | April 29, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Sounds like Shanny plans to put minicamps to good use to figure out who can play, esp. at WR and DL.

Posted by: manlius1 | April 29, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Competition at every position, like Shanallen said. Not sure how much they guys will push SM89, DT11, MK12. Especially 67 yr old Galloway, but may the best man win!

Posted by: VaBeachBlitz | April 29, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

OH, and 1st. And 2nd.

Posted by: Corvis777 | April 29, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Minus half a point!

Posted by: alex35332 | April 29, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

This year they can't get past Round 1 and lose to a team that is basically the 16th seed in the NHL playoffs.

Posted by: p1funk | April 29, 2010 10:00 AM
=======================================
Ahhhh, better to be 4-12 with the burgundy and gold and not to have ANY expections and you're never let down.
Than to be a Caps fan and get so close and lose.
Sorta like dating the ugly one you cant get rid of..but, she's a sure thing.. ......versus losing the hot one.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 29, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Another poster alluded to this earlier, I think Moe, but this doesn't look good for the draft class of 2009.

How many more receivers do they plan on inviting to Redskin Park this summer?

I don't get it.

Why not bring in an equal number of offensive lineman instead?

Very strange indeed.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 29, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

I think we may carry 6 WRs this year (counting Austin).

Terrence Austin probably has an inside track as a KR/PR who could also be WR.

But then again, we also have about 15 D-lineman currently on the roster.

Posted by: Rypien11 | April 29, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

F Mike Green.

Actually saw him yesterday in his Bentley.

So I have him down for a white Lambo, a black Bentley and for killing us in the playoffs the last 2 years.

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 29, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I got beeped on the last topic when I posted this so I'm reposting.

Matt terl's twitter page is reporting we signed another lineman for camp.

His name is Trey Jacobs from Liberty U.
Probably just another body, but a guy on extremeskins pasted this report from his pro-day workout in march....

Pro Days
Big man from Liberty shows he can move at pro day

Posted: March 15th, 2010 | Gil Brandt | Tags: 2010 Pro Days, Liberty, Trey Jacobs

With all the talk about 4.30-second 40-yard dashes, 40-inch vertical jumps and 10-foot broad jumps, it’s easy to lose track of what constitutes an outstanding workout for a defensive tackle.

Naturally, the standards are different for players hovering around 300 pounds. Given that, it’s eye-catching what unheralded prospect Trey Jacobs (6-3 3/4, 295 pounds) was able to accomplish at Liberty’s pro day.

The athletic defensive tackle was the most notable of the seven prospects who worked out indoors on FieldTurf for representatives from three teams.

He ran the 40-yard dash in 5.13 and 5.0 seconds, had a 36-inch vertical leap, 8-1 broad jump, a 4.61-second short shuttle, a 7.58-second three-cone drill and did 24 bench press repititions at 225 pounds.

While those numbers won’t put him in a position to rival the quickness, speed and agility of skill position players, they are more than good enough to indicate he has the physical attributes to handle offensive linemen.

– Gil Brandt

Hopefully he can come in and provide some good competition for the other 42 some odd D-linemen we seem to have!

Posted by: Predator48 | April 29, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

For the record...been a CAPS fan since '88 and already knew the outcome...lived through it so many times in the 90s and even the past few years.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 29, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

but may the best man win!

Posted by: VaBeachBlitz | April 29, 2010 10:09 AM

---------

If Joey Galloway is the best man, we may have ourselves a problem.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 29, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Halak just decided to do his best Patrick Roy imitation. 3 consecutive games of 35 plus saves, you cant do anything about that. Give credit where its due and hope he does the same to the Pens.

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 29, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

I'm a hockey newb, but maybe you can try to get better shots?

I wonder how many of those saves came on slap-shots from distance that just hit Halak in the gut with no traffic in front of the goal.

Watching the game it seemed like alot of them, and defenders just dig them out.

Kind of like a team jacking up too many 3-pointers with no one under the boards. You could say the opposing team clamped down and played great D on the shooting %, but there's alot of bad shots in there.

Posted by: p1funk | April 29, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Not a hockey expert by any stretch, but was this series really on him??

It seemed that Semin and Green are the postseason goats on the team and that they never showed up.

Backstrom disappeared the last couple games, and Varly didn't exactly stand on his head.

Posted by: p1funk | April 29, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Generic sports fans will always put the onus on the superstar, no matter how he performs.

Green was beyond awful this series. Semin worked and did some good -- even great things defensively, but couldn't score for the life of him. Fleischman was worthless the entire series. All those 20-goal scorers in the regular season, and only 2 show up for the playoffs.

I thought Backstrom played well the last couple games. Against a team without a flaming hot goalie, he would have had at least 3 assists in the last two games. He was dropping dimes on the doorstep, only to see Semin and the like fan at point-blank range.

God, that was the most depressing moment in recent DC sports history (aside from the true tragedy of ST21). My sports life feels empty...until June.

Now I just get a month and change of anticipation for South Africa.

Posted by: psps23 | April 29, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | April 29, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Shanahan believes that very few offensive linemen can run his scheme. It wouldn't shock me if before he took this job he complied a list of offensive linemen he'd think that'll fit his zone blocking scheme.

I also think he believes he can get it done with just about any ol' group of wide outs and running backs. Seems like his main concern was to get a QB in here capable of winning big and to solidify the offensive line.

Which is what we all wanted, and from what it looks like, is damn near complete.

I've promised that I won't get all girly hyped before September 1st, but things are looking on the up.

I'm a DC sports fan. There isn't too much to believe in these days.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 29, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Repost and Updates to the Big Picture.

Competition Meter

Quarter Back position…Check. No competition here McNabb starts.
Running Back position…Check
Tight End position…Check
Offensive line…Check
Wide receiver…Check? No un-check? No??? Check check CHECK already.
Defensive line…Check and check and check again. Can’t have enough, check.
Linebacker…Un-checked...D-Lineman…check
D-Backs…Un-check
Safety…Check.
Special Teams…Check

Posted by: 2ndtierfan | April 29, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

How in the world are they going to get so much talent on the field at the same time? Might as well get McCardell to remove the whistle and put the pads on too if its all for the sake of competition.

Posted by: ga8085 | April 29, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

"The Redskins will likely carry only the top five or so into the season,..."

Given the high number of bodies they are dragging in, you have to think that a player like, say, Marko Mitchell might be on the outs if he doesn't become a solid special teams player.

You know like I do they'll keep Moss, Thomas, Kelly, and Austin.

This means it's a thousand guys fighting for two spots.

It also means one or two favs might be sent packing for guys who bring more versitility as backups.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 29, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Why not bring in an equal number of offensive lineman instead?

Very strange indeed.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 29, 2010 10:14 AM |

This is only starnge for someone who didn't check the roster to see that they already have 14 O-Linemen on the roster, and oh by the way training camp is still over two months away

61 Rabach, Casey C 6-4 295 8 Wisconsin 09-24-1977
74 Heyer, Stephon OT 6-6 330 3 Maryland 01-16-1984
68 Oldenburg, Clint OT 6-5 310 1 Colorado State 09-09-1983
73 Robinson, William OT 6-6 297 2 San Diego State 12-20-1984

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 29, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

bfd!!!!!

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | April 29, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Sorry make that 15 o-linemen I forgot are number 1 pick.

0 Williams, Trent T 6-5 314 R Oklahoma 08-19-1988

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 29, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

"I'm a DC sports fan."

Posted by: RedDMV | April 29, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Repeat after me: It's not your fault. Its not your fault. It's not your fault.

Posted by: ga8085 | April 29, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

71 Williams, Mike G/T 6-6 337 5 Texas 01-11-1980
0 Capers, Selvish OT 6-4 308 R West Virginia 12-13-1985
74 Heyer, Stephon OT 6-6 330 3 Maryland 01-16-1984
68 Oldenburg, Clint OT 6-5 310 1 Colorado State 09-09-1983
73 Robinson, William OT 6-6 297 2 San Diego State 12-20-1984

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 29, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Don't forget that um, guy we took in the 1st..

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 29, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

I hate to say it but please sign TO!!

Posted by: Steptoe2 | April 29, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

I'll bet we sign two more vet T's before training camp.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 29, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Don't forget that um, guy we took in the 1st..

Posted by: skinsfanintampa

Which reminds me: Where are the Rams and Bradford on contract talks?

Bradford sets the mark. Then we'll get a good idea what Trent Williams maybe offered.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 29, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

"Did ChRIS LaRRy make it out of the bed this morning?? Or is he still screaming F da CAPS under the covers?

Posted by: 4thFloor

Make it 1978 for me, but cosign......if I didnt have mr. mom duty today I'd be still in bed...and drunk.

Posted by: chrislarry | April 29, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Top of the morning, gl.

I think I get what you're saying, but so many up here get riled over every veteran we sign and say "here we go...same 'ol Skins". I'm not a big fan of Galloway at all, but a one year vet minimum deal isn't the end of the world. He's not slated to be a starter, just around to mentor the young guys and create further competition. No harm in that (same as my stance on Sharper, for the most part).

It's just pitiful that so many fans here are like battered wives...every time this team raises it's hand, some fans cringe like they're about to get hit. It's a new regime--new GM, new coach, no Danny. Let's give 'em time to build this thing and THEN judge.

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 29, 2010 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Agreed.

Posted by: glawrence007 | April 29, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 29, 2010 10:14 AM

These WR signings are not an indictment on the 08 draft class. Signing a TO or drafting a receiver with our 4th round draft pick would have been an indictment on the DT and MK. It was only for half a season but Davis has proven himself to be a contributor in this league. Chances are neither Wade nor Galloway make the team, which is why its curious that they bring these guys in. I know they are all about competition but the last two guys dont look like they will provide much. Say want you want about Randle-El as a punt returner, he is a far better receiver than guys they have brought in since his release.

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 29, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | April 29, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Is Mr. Mom duty the same thing as being "dad"?

Posted by: p1funk | April 29, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

McNabb to Joey Galloway and Bobby Wade...

We invested in a Porsche and put used snow tires on it.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 29, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

You know like I do they'll keep Moss, Thomas, Kelly, and Austin.

This means it's a thousand guys fighting for two spots.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 29, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I wouldnt guarantee SM, DT or MK a spot. Not after the roster purge earlier this offseason.

Posted by: VaBeachBlitz | April 29, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

obviously p1.....But I like to associate myself with Micheal Keaton. Mr. Mom is a classic, so excuse me if I co-opt the joke......jeesh

Posted by: chrislarry | April 29, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

I can see Wade making it....And with MArko Mitchell not playing STs...he will be the likely candidate gone.....He was Vinny guy.....

LOL @ RedDMV bustin nuts in April....Like they about to play on Sunday....The offseason isn't finished yet Rallo...

Posted by: 4thFloor | April 29, 2010 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Seems to me the team needs more vet competition @ LB (both indie and outside), OT, and in the secondary (especially @ safety).

Posted by: TWISI | April 29, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

16 O-linemen. I predict four more. We'll keep 10 for the season? Two C, four G, four T? Need 20 for competition at every slot then.

Posted by: glawrence007 | April 29, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

McNabb to Joey Galloway and Bobby Wade...

We invested in a Porsche and put used snow tires on it.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 29, 2010 10:42 AM |

Correct because as we all know they have already made the team and the games start this weekend.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 29, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

flounder21

"I'll bet we sign two more vet T's before training camp."

Put my money with your money, because I think they'll find a solid vet rt from somewhere.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 29, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

McNabb to Joey Galloway and Bobby Wade...

We invested in a Porsche and put used snow tires on it.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 29, 2010 10:42 AM |

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 29, 2010 10:46 AM
=================================
calm down midol.. I didnt say you couldnt rotate or change the tires... Just the signings.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 29, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | April 29, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Agreed, and just what I said yesterday. Of course, when I suggested that a particular local individual player be looked at, the tree-huggers had a field day.

Posted by: glawrence007 | April 29, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

I'm from here... And I like the Caps. But I was in Miamuh for the Panthers start. So I'm a Panth. [Let's go Panth!]

...be happy you're not Panthers' fans!

It also sucked to see the Caps loose to Panthers' hockey NOT being played by the Panthers!! aargh.

Posted by: DikShuttle | April 29, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: glawrence007 | April 29, 2010 10:49 AM

Who did you suggest?

Posted by: TWISI | April 29, 2010 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Which reminds me: Where are the Rams and Bradford on contract talks?

Posted by: RedDMV | April 29, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Not sure where they are, but my guess is that Bradford will be a holdout... From my understanding he will be looking for a bigger contract than Stafford, with close to 50mil guaranteed.

Honestly, I think we sign Williams before they sign Bradford.. 20-25 mill guarantee.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 29, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

funny JC stuff from Gather.com off skins wire....

Jason Campbell wants to take the Raiders to the next level
April 27, 2010 01:01 PM EDT
views: 326

Well, the level of mediocrity is looking pretty darn good if you are a Raider fan these days. If Jason Campbell plays up to his fullest potential, he could very well take his team to that level. Al Davis just peed his pants. Not because he excited about Campbell, but because he just couldn’t make it the that private Raider bathroom. Here is what Campbell said to ESPN: “I talked to [Al] Davis, and he… wants me to help their team to a new level.”

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 29, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: glawrence007 | April 29, 2010 10:46 AM

I seriously doubt we roll with that many lineman...in a perfect world (and Madden) you can have a backup for each of the 5 O-line starters, but the reality is that teams often go with only 8 or 9 guys on the 53 man roster and may squirrel away one or two more.

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 29, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Wade (like Galloway) looks like a good pickup for camp, but not an answer to the shortage of quality WR. Wade has a fumbling history, but also has put up some decent numbers over the years.

Saw this on Wikipedia:

On Week 13 when the Chiefs played the Denver Broncos, Wade had several dropped passes including a pass where Wade was wide open. Wade was seen arguing with Coach Todd Haley after the play.

Posted by: EdDC | April 29, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Did someone open an off season legends camp in Ashburn and fail to tell the WAPO? Was wondering why so many fat old guys are parking their BMWs in the handicapped slots... and figured it must be for some sort of "Pros and Joes" gathering.

More to the point, is there a limit to how many players a team can carry on its roster in the off-season?

I get the impression that the Skins are approaching triple-digits... which could be good for the jersey sales, I guess -- but must be overcommitting on available locker space.

Posted by: Vic1 | April 29, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Special Teams…Check

Posted by: 2ndtierfan | April 29, 2010 10:25 AM

Except for us not having a kicker, punter, or definitive KR/PR, sure....

Posted by: Rypien11 | April 29, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor

shut you mouth essay... normal preparations leading up to the NFL season has nothing to do with the amount of "suck" area pro and college teams have produced over the years.

Even when Sundays come around for real you can't really expect the 'skins to contend for a bowl, do you? It'll be nice if they can, no doubt. But I'd be happy with a shot at the division this coming season.

And Sunday is gameday, tell 'em so, Diesel44. He'll be the one with the faded replica Tony Banks jersey, a 'The Hogs' sash, and a piglet nose.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 29, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

funny JC stuff from Gather.com off skins wire....

Jason Campbell wants to take the Raiders to the next level
April 27, 2010 01:01 PM EDT
views: 326

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 29, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Good to know you still have Google Alerts set up for Jason Campbell articles.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | April 29, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

glawrence

"Seems to me the team needs more vet competition @ LB (both indie and outside)"

Not signing L Foote is what's really bothered me.

I know the FO had a plan for spending money on vets, but Foote would've provided presence and experience as the team changed it's scheme.

We could use a solid vet linebacker and rt.

Hopefully, some team releases or is willing to do a "Jason Campbell--RFA" deal where they trade a decent player for not that much in return.

Such a deal might make sense, especially if a solid vet olb/ilb comes back in return.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 29, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Ryp
Competition there is, punter there's not. Plenty of time to get a punter and who knows they may resign Hunter.

Posted by: 2ndtierfan | April 29, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfanintampa

That's crazy if Bradford will be expecting 50 mil guaranteed. The NFL needs to cut the crap and adopt a rookie pay scale.

I'd be cool with T Williams getting about 18-20 guaranteed.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 29, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

And this team continues its dominance over the 2004-2007 NFL seasons. Over the hill gang pt 2 is getting a bit ridiculous.

Posted by: Stu27 | April 29, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Gardner a Redskin again
Michael David Smith
April 29, 2010, 11:10
Former Redskins first round pick Rod Gardner, is attempting to revive his career after flaming out with the Redskins, and then briefly with the Kansas City Chiefs. Gardner who was drafted in the first round, had 1 season in which he went over 1000 yards receiving, was known more as struggling with immaturity, than anything else.

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 29, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

funny JC stuff from Gather.com off skins wire....

Jason Campbell wants to take the Raiders to the next level
April 27, 2010 01:01 PM EDT
views: 326

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 29, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Good to know you still have Google Alerts set up for Jason Campbell articles.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | April 29, 2010 11:03 AM

==========================================
actually its a "skins" alert....

Its was a positive story about JC (and humorous about Al Davis peeing)..

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 29, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

"Being as Moss, DT, and MK are likely the only guaranteed spots, it's gonna be quite a competition with about 8 guys fighting for 3 spots. That includes Marko."

No one, not even the aging, injury prone Moss, should be guaranteed anything with this team. Certainly not Thomas or Kelly, who have yet to produce consistently.

Posted by: HighPlainsDrifter | April 29, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 29, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

"If they keep this up, they're going to "upfront money guaranteed" themselves right into debt and eventually go the way of the USFL..."

So who's the blame for this attitude from the player?

The agent?

The owners?

The league as countless college football boys watch the draft every spring thinking "Hit the lottery!!" while fanbases argue about need and busts and best player availiable?

I'd say all of the above.

The owners and players union should follow the NBA's lead an establish a solid rookie pay scale and method by which 3-4 year vets can get re-upped and make nice coin.

It's like what Prop Joe says in "The Wire": "We can all get paid if we work together..."

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 29, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | April 29, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Cosign.. I think they will address the rookie pay scale in the new CBA.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 29, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Gardner a Redskin again
Michael David Smith
April 29, 2010, 11:10

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 29, 2010 11:11 AM

Not funny Greg...that's still raw. We need a couple more years before we can actually laugh at that.

I'll tell you what IS funny...the time Gardner got his car stolen and it was left in front of FedEx Field with no wheels on it. Sort of poetic justice for a guy who routinely took a pass on film study for the D.C. nightlife...

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 29, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

A repost-- Art Monk to the Sticks at the end of last season. Danny hasn't posted any new material since the draft and the McNabb trade.

What gives?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 29, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Is it just me or is anyone else concerned that we are one twisted knee away from Stephon Heyer again. Or a 7th round rookie. We don't need 10 Wr in camp. We need 10 Tackles in camp.

Posted by: renhoekk2 | April 29, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

This guy is still in training pants compared to some of the other signings.... Lets bring Thrash and Frank Gifford on-board !!!

Posted by: djv123 | April 29, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Older and slower WR's?

That's just great thinking.

Now the QB needs even more time provided by OL they aren't signing to throw to older and slower WR's.

Yes, great thinking. That will work.

Posted by: clandestinetomcat | April 29, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Redskins sign Malcolm Barnwell to compete at WR in training camp.

Posted by: joeboggs | April 29, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Veteran competition. Do ya think Thomas & Kelly got the message loud & clear???

Posted by: shanks1 | April 29, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Coach said copetition at every position, with six wide outs maybe one or both of those 07 draft picks will deteriorate

Posted by: ambitious1024 | April 29, 2010 1:12 PM | Report abuse