Will Montgomery Will Start on Sunday

Third-year guard-center Will Montgomery will start at right guard for the Washington Redskins against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, beating out second-year lineman Chad Rinehart, Coach Jim Zorn announced Wednesday.

Rinehart, a third-round draft pick out of Northern Iowa in 2008, initially beat out Montgomery for the starting job when starter Randy Thomas went down in Washington's win over St. Louis on Sept. 20.

"Right now, Will Montgomery is going to be our right guard," Zorn said. "Partly Chad Rinehart's shoulder is still hurting him and he mentioned to [offensive line coach Joe Bugel] today it's still sore, so we have to have somebody that can practice what we're doing so [Montgomery's] going to go."

Rinehart was replaced in the lineup last week by career offensive tackle Mike Williams, but with starting left tackle Chris Samuels going down with an injury Williams will move out to right tackle while Stephon Heyer switches to the left side to fill-in for Samuels.

Montgomery, a Centreville and Virginia Tech graduate, initially filled in for Thomas when the veteran guard went down against St. Louis and has started six career games during stints with the Carolina Panthers and New York Jets.

"Every time you step on the field, it's a big opportunity, whether you're on PAT protection or whether it's starting for the Washington Redskins," Montgomery said. "It's a great opportunity and I want to take advantage of it."

With so much changing on the offensive line this week, and a new starting lineup for the third time since Thomas went down, there are concerns about the offensive line's cohesiveness.

Montgomery, however, said he feels comfortable with both players around him from his time working with them throughout training camp and in practices. Montgomery served as the second-string center during the preseason and also played guard during training camp.

"I've played next to Mike a lot, when he was at guard and I was at center," Montgomery said. "And Casey Rabach, I sit next to him in all the meeting rooms, so we're always talking. We're on the same page, so I think it's going to be fine."

Montgomery also played down that he will be starting for his hometown team and displayed the quiet and humble demeanor for which he has been known since starting for Centreville's state championship team in 2000.

"It is cool but I think sometimes people make more out of it than what it is," Montgomery said. "It's a game. I'm going to play a game on Sunday. I'm going to go block guys, and I'm going to pass protect and run block. Just go out there, be cool, calm, collected and just go out and perform."

===

Defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin (elbow) was "very limited" at practice today, Zorn said, doing just individual drills in the morning session. "He's getting better and better," Zorn said. ... Defensive end Phillip Daniels (torn bicep) was also held out as a precaution. "We just don't want him to jar his arm yet," Zorn said. "Just trying to give it a rest." Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth (sprained ankle) was also limited and tackle Chris Samuels (neck) remains out.

By Paul Tenorio  |  October 14, 2009; 4:04 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Punter Situation Remains in Flux
Next: Sources: Redskins Not Interested in Quinn

Comments

So we can call Rhino official a bust of a draftpick now?

Also: Fire the conditioning coach - I've been saying this for years.

Posted by: REXskins | October 14, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

"These things are tricky," he said. "Sometimes they heel quick, sometimes it takes them a little longer than you'd like."

That's funny. I heard Cesar Millan, The Dog Whisperer, say the exact same thing once.

(It's h-e-A-l, Mease.)

Posted by: freakzilla | October 14, 2009 4:07 PM

Posted by: freakzilla | October 14, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

As the circus turns...

Posted by: atkinsoncd | October 14, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

first time I'm hearing that Rhino's shoulder was bothering him...once he's healthy they need to put him in the lineup and find out what they've got...if he can't cut it, then get rid of him...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 14, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Leave it to the Germans to ruin the perfectly useless garden gnome.

Oh and look Will Montgomery Will save us or hopefully at least stop a couple of sacks.

Posted by: sfskin | October 14, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Forget the useless chatter about JC, Rhino is done after this year. What a wasted pick. We've just witnessed the second coming of Mo Eliwonibi.

Posted by: dcwun | October 14, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

When one side of the grilled cheese is burned black, you can always flip it over and serve it.

Problem solved.

Posted by: p1funk | October 14, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

DOES ANYONE HAVE SHAR POURDANESH EMAIL/ADD?

Posted by: p1funk | October 14, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Rhinehart admits his shoulder is sore? The hogs would be out there practicing with broken arms and legs. Jeez how times have changed.

Bugel should have sent him home immediately. What a p%ssy.

Posted by: knight1977 | October 14, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

The darker side of logic

"I feel bad for people that don't drink themselves into a blackout the night before; because when they wake up the next morning...that's the best they are going to feel all day!"

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Doc Walker just posted on his Facebook that there will be a OLins change...Iguess this ws it.....

I didn't think Rinehart did that bad......I guess the trust isn't their yet..

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 14, 2009 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 4:05 PM

Keep backing a loser and love it. Are you the guy that plays Madden, college, Tecmo that blndly calls pass plays and runs 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage and randomly smashes any button to pass? I love playing people like that.... Read a defense Soup and prove me wrong....

Posted by: Realness1 | October 14, 2009 4:13 PM

Posted by: Realness1 | October 14, 2009 4:17 PM | Report abuse

4th, its pathetic, it really is. like I said, if Rhino gets healthy, and is not inserted into the lineup, then he should request his immediate release.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 14, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

I am just pisssed b/c my freaking Caps haven't won a game since they showed up to that Skins game 2 weeks ago. The Skins stink rubbed off!!!

Posted by: chrislarry | October 14, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Dealing with the media is as much a part of the job as anything, sween. This ain't 1951 ...

Posted by: mattylight | October 14, 2009 4:00 PM

Got it. Not 1951. Also, not Foxboro, right?

Rinehart? Hmmm. I'm going to go with the charitable approach and say "rough start." Will Montgomery started at guard in one of the wins, right? C'mon buddy, surprise us in a good way!

Posted by: dcsween | October 14, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

I am exactly that guy when it comes to Madded, college, and TECMO and smashes buttons to pass...

at least I used to be when I was 11 and still played those games. Thanks for playing and come back real soon

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Bugel should have sent him home immediately. What a p%ssy.

Posted by: knight1977 | October 14, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

It's probably the Cerrato spin machine just claiming he's hurt so the wasted draft pick doesn't look quite as bad. I hope Vinny gets Swine Flu.

Posted by: NYSkinsFan1 | October 14, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Remember the NY Media and AP and the case of the honking horn that ticked all the NY Reporters off? They were 0-2 and about to face us? Next thing you know...Championship.

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 14, 2009 3:55 PM

See...today's the turning point for this season!

sween- The only way to resolve our differences on this issue is a get together with a bottle of Jamesons and a bottle of Remy.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 14, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

According to Mike Sellers, it's the media's fault for Samuels getting injured.

The media caused Snyder to buy this franchise in 1999, then hire Cerrato to a lifetime appointment to the Team Executive Vice President Leading Manager Executive System Specialist position.

The media caused the Redskins to lose to Detroit.

The media caused Hitler to occupy Chzechislovakia.

"It's revisionist history, with our very special guest, Mike Sellars! yayayayayaaaaaaaaay!"

Posted by: hithere1 | October 14, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Whats wrong with Will Montgomery. I think he def out played Rhino. W-Mont is still young, has some fight and has scrapped himself into the line-up.

Rhino's "shoulder"...pulheeze...they are babying him b/c he has proven time and again to be mentally...well...not that tough.

Way to Go Will Montgomery....and I am not JUST rooting for him b/c my Dad taught him the 6th grade....

Posted by: chrislarry | October 14, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Albert "Call me an Ambulance" Hanesworth is not practicing. I wonder if that's part of his give me a break during the game mode? Somehow I don't think it's his ankle that's busted.

Posted by: bullwinkle1 | October 14, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

I think there will be solid o-line play this weekend. Truth be told, I believe this is the o-line-up mgmt envisioned playing most of the season (except for maybe Montgomery over Rinehart).

Posted by: learnedhand1 | October 14, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Caprs are struggling right now...Ive got that NHL center ice package and have watched the games...

tough year for all.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

According to Mike Sellers, it's the media's fault for Samuels getting injured.

The media caused the Redskins to lose to Detroit.

The media caused Hitler to occupy Czechoslovakia.

"It's revisionist history, with our very special guest, Mike Sellers! yayayayayaaaaaaaaay!"

Posted by: hithere1 | October 14, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

4th, its pathetic, it really is. ...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 14, 2009 4:19 PM

You mean the part about Rinehart's inability to step up as a starter? Or the part about 4th Floor being a Facebook "friend" with Doc Walker?

Posted by: dcsween | October 14, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

this is fine. will montgomery is a good player to have - desperation substitute at a variety of positions.

stephon heyer at left tackle sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. mike williams at right tackle?

Posted by: malcolmyoung1 | October 14, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

How come every Skins fan in DC knew that the offensive line was going to suffer the injury bug and knew that we needed to add some players to it and danny and vinny thought there was no problems and that we would be fine with the guys we have.
Watch Vinny get a promotion in the offseason too instead of getting fired.

Posted by: kickass10101 | October 14, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

How long did it take Da Mayor to come up with the "Will Montgomery Will" tag line? Or did Cindy do that?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | October 14, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Cheyenne, can you even talk about what you do? I figured you were one of the two guys with the keys that have to be turned at the same time to make a silo open up and go boom from somewhere under North Dakota.

hithere1, I used that you revisionisted your spelling of a certain Eastern European nation in the re-post. Either way, its a new post, time to move on ... now we're griping about Rinehart.

Posted by: dcsween | October 14, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

I hope Jason Campbell has been practicing sprinting and agility drills this week, his best chance to make yardage in the passing game will probably be scrambles. He'll need to make quick decisions though, since he'll have about .75-1 second of pass protection on most plays.

Posted by: james808d | October 14, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Soup's been sacked 13 times in 2009; 16h in pass rating. Rivers sacked 11 times. Rogers 20. Big Ben 13. Farve 11. All are rated higher. It's not the sacks, it's Soups inability read a D that is the difference between he and the others. That is why he'll be a career backup.

Posted by: Realness1

Comments like this just leave me laughing. He's 16th in passer rating and that means he's a career backup???

Hello McFly, there are 32 teams in the league, meaning there are 16 guys behind him in the ratings.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 14, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | October 14, 2009 4:28 PM

That's why it takes so long to get the news bits posted up here. They have the copy nearly instantaneously as it happens. They spend hours trying to get the cleverest tag line to fit the content. Its one of those New York paper things.

Posted by: dcsween | October 14, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I loved Sellars interview! Blaming the media makes as much sense as the media blaming players, when we all know its Vinny's fault. Fight fire with fire.

I think its Sonny's fault

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 14, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

sween,

not exactly...my job is to make sure the guys with the keys that make the silos open are not crazy or criminals.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

If AM sits next to Rabach in meetings and they talk all the time, why can't CR tell him to pass block and run block correctly? JC won't reach his potential here. I'm a Redskin realist and since the organization didn't want JC anyway, he just needs to go. I hope he plays out the string and flourishes somewhere that will "appreciate" him. I believe Snyder did this on purpuse..think about this

#1 didn't draft a offensive lineman at all
#2 actively pursued Sanchez
#3 actively tried to trade for Cutler
#4 brought in Mike Williams..nuff said
#5 no back-up plan for Thomas/Samuels
#6 knows JC will be a free agent and doesn't want to pay him "franchise QB money" next year.
#7 Stephon Heyer?? nuff said

As long as he gets paid (we go to the games), he doesn't care about the wins and losses. His bottom line is $$$ and not Wins. You have to think...he got to the playoffs in his current set-up. He will always think he's one or two players away...I'm giving up my WASH/DALL tickets..I'm not going. My one cheer/boo won't change my faith with the team.

Posted by: UHATEME1 | October 14, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

"His bottom line is $$$ and not Wins"

Stupid, because with more wins, comes more money, but keep on trucking with that line of illogical thought

"I'm giving up my WASH/DALL tickets"

Mail them up to my home address I'll take them off your hands...where are they, hopefully lower level...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 14, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Sorry if this is a re-post, but liked this Washington Examiner piece:

Posted by: hithere1 | October 14, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

So Will is starting at right guard. Perhaps I am missing something but how does playing center next to "Mike" and sitting next to "Rabach" at team meetings prepare him to play guard?

Posted by: Masonman | October 14, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Masonman | October 14, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween

Whatever, I'm 35 years old I do want I want!

SNAP

Posted by: hithere1 | October 14, 2009 4:43 PM | Report abuse

There was a question about team cohesion along the line...I think thats what Will was getting at

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Realness1 | October 14, 2009 4:13 PM

Posted by: Realness1 | October 14, 2009 4:17 PM

Why you gotta bash Tecmo? All you had to do was pick the Raiders and with Bo Jackson and Tim Brown you were unstoppable.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 14, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

hit, can you paraphrase what that examiner piece said...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 14, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

"I'm giving up my WASH/DALL tickets..I'm not going." - UHATEME1

For real?

Well, you can go right ahead and past them sons of b*tch*s right this way.

I'll take 'em.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 14, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

get that junk outta here red, I called dibs first...get in line bama....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 14, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Realness1

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 14, 2009 4:32 PM

Maybe you missed the context. Lots of new threads this afternoon. 1) People make excuses for Soup because of sacks. Yet other QB's are sacked nearly as much or more. 2) He has never consistently shown the ability to read a defense at Auburn or in his 41 starts w/ DC. No QB starts for long in the NFL w/o this ability. Like his clone Kyle Boller, this leads to backup status.

Posted by: Realness1 | October 14, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Well, you can go right ahead and past them sons of b*tch*s right this way.

I'll take 'em.

Posted by: RedDMV

Yeah, So you can put 'em up on stubhub.com for cash, right Red?

Posted by: Predator48 | October 14, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

True Beans, I did see you had dibs on those...

But when I "Deebo" UHATEME1 for his tixs how are you gonna get 'em then, huh?

Bostonian Bama.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 14, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Ravens need corner help in the worst way. They have this wierd thing that Skins don't have ... depth along the O-line. Oneill Cousins or Marshall Yanda ... neither is a starter there and either would be an upgrade here.

Posted by: dcsween | October 14, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 14, 2009 4:44 PM

Loved me some Tecmo. Bo was the Man.

Posted by: Realness1 | October 14, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

This o line is a freaking joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rhyno's "injury" is a scam because he blows and everyone is covering that up. This team is so messed up in the head it is funny.

Posted by: gbanian1 | October 14, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gbanian1 | October 14, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

I will withhold my judgment of Campbell until we reach a point when the coaching staff is not forced to game plan against getting him hurt because of a lack of depth at the oline.

Posted by: The_Spear | October 14, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Many times, JC17 should have been sacked but was able to throw the ball away...other times he fumbled because of the contact.

Not to mention the number of hurries, knock downs, etc.

No QB makes a dent in this offense with the way line has played thus far.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Are you suggesting that we are deep at corner?

Posted by: dcsween | October 14, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zornskins2 | October 14, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

actually rhino played fairly well when he was in there by all accounts....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 14, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Beep

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 14, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Nah, pred. I'm going!

Snyder is a billionaire. If people think that if a few thousand fans stop going to the game is going to make him relinquish ownership they're tripping.

Whatever money Snyder looses, he can cover. The dude has big stacks, caked up and what not.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 14, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Guess we should have picked up Michael Vick after all...

At least he'd know what to do with our new "jailbreak" offense =P

Posted by: mac2j | October 14, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

nice link, hithere1 @ 4:43 PM. What the GM quoted in the article said is very telling, and it's amazing ANYONE else's GM would make that point about the team that assembled The Hogs.

Sad state of affairs.

Posted by: Alan4 | October 14, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Re: Ravens' O-linemen, I was thinking about the likely future of Carlos Rogers.

Posted by: dcsween | October 14, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Who didn't draft/pick-up a/some GOOD offensive linemen after the off season analysis that said...we need OL???

Dan/Vinne Snyderatto.

Welcome to Groundhog Day...tomorrow, next week, next year...you can cut and paste these same comments. BECAUSE IT WILL NOT CHANGE. Unless...

Posted by: sanantonioredskin | October 14, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Why can't they just be straight and say Montgomery is better than Rhinehart? Why is everything so appearance oriented with this team? He was a 3rd Round pick, it looks like a bust though it's not completely settled. It happens. Explain why it happened, at least admit it happened, and lets move on. I know everyone does it to a degree but the limits this team takes the whole "don't believe what your eyes yell you" is making them very hard to like.

Posted by: themantoyou | October 14, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Ummm...BEANVILLAGE..when I said "bottom line is $$ not Wins" I meant even if we were 0-16, the cash is still coming in. Snyder is going to get HIS money. If Snyder cared about "wins" then he would have changed up long time ago. So, FYI, that's not illogical like you call it. Thanks for showing YOUR intelligents. Guess I have to spell out things for you to understand.

Red Blue or Grey..whatever...I would rather tear up those tickets than sell them to fan who "allegedly" hates what Snyder is doing but will go to the game. Did you hear that? The tickets are torn up.

Posted by: UHATEME1 | October 14, 2009 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Rinehart's failure is just further evidence that Vinny is blindly stabbing in the dark after the first round.

Yes, he found Horton, Heyer and Golston-- all serviceable BACKUPS-- but hey, even a blind chicken finds a kernel of corn every once and a while.

FIRE VINNY!
FIRE VINNY!
FIRE VINNY!

Posted by: drischord | October 14, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Yes snyder is a billionaire that is more reason for fans to stop going to the games stop buying anything affiliated with them that is the only way he will consider selling the team, a few thousand people not going to games is nothing for him..but 75-80 thousand? no one show up other than to tell the other fans-fools why they should not go to games that would take some doing because many here can't think(flouride in the water, mercury in vaccines,gmo's and other poisons/chemicals) have rendered people into a zombie like state of existence.

Posted by: wathu19 | October 14, 2009 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Cerrato had to save face which is why he had Zorn spin it that Rinehart's shoulder was sore. Bottom line is that Rinehart is a complete bust and had lost the job to a guy who hadn't played in 4 years, let alone at guard. I hope Montgomery does a better job than both of them, but I think that's wishful thinking.

People need to stop giving Vinny credit for drafting Horton. D'Wayne Walker who was a former DB coach with the Skins gave Cerrato a tip on Horton and they ended up picking him in the 7th round. Look at the rest of his picks from No. 2 - No. 5 since he's been here. Except for Golston, none has been a real contributor and the 2008 draft now includes the following busts (the punter Brooks, D. Thomas, Rinehart, and Davis). It's sad that Tryon who was almost cut in preseason may be the stud of the bunch!!!

Posted by: wizfan89 | October 14, 2009 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Redskins sign three to offensive line to bolster corps.

Dateline: Washington, D.C.

The Washington Redskins have announced the signing of three free agents to bolster their depleted offensive line. According to unnamed sources, the Redskins have signed Rosie O'Donnell (comes with attitude, size, and a hatred of anything on the "other team"), Margaret Cho (she has an attitude against anything that breathes), and Salvatore "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero (Sopranos sleeping with the fishes).

According to the same source, all have signed for the league minimum - both Rosie and Margaret will share a double wide as their locker room and Big Pussy will have in depth knowledge to share with teammates about sinking into oblivion when doing the wrong thing. All have tremendous attitudes and occupy plenty of space - the two ladies spit and growl like junk yard dogs and Big Pussy hides a soul sold to Satan.

In other Redskin news, there is no truth to the rumor that Daniel Snyder found his soul and is willing to repent his past ownership sins.

Posted by: laserwizard | October 14, 2009 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Just asked my son if he knew the names of the Chiefs' defensive ends. He didn't. Assured him that after Sunday he would.

Posted by: genehartlaw | October 14, 2009 7:18 PM | Report abuse

Man, maybe they should trade for Quinn just to have someone they don't care about taking all the sacks on Sunday.

Posted by: WorstSeat | October 14, 2009 9:03 PM | Report abuse

So, Montgomery makes the fourth player to start at right guard this year. There is nothing like stability on the line to develop cohesiveness and continuity...

In the light of this, Zorn has a new set of plays to unveil on Sunday. He likes to call that package, "Run, Jason! Run for your life!"

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 14, 2009 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Chiefs 37
Redskins 14

Posted by: wizard5 | October 14, 2009 10:50 PM | Report abuse

Let's take a look at the Skins OL draft history for the last 10 years.

2009: No OL picked
2008: Chad Rinehart OG. Dud?
2007: No OL picked
2006: Kili Lefotu, OG. Dud
2005: No OL picked
2004: Mark Wilson, OT. Dud.
Jim Molinaro. OT. Dud
2003: Derrick Dockery, G. Mishandled. Let go during his best years, then brought back.
2002: No OL Picked
2001: No OL Picked
2000: Chris Samuels, T. Stud.
Michael Moore, G,. Dud
1999: Jon Jansen, T, Stud.
Derek Smith, OL. Dud

And we wonder why our OL sucks?

Posted by: Monk81_Green28 | October 15, 2009 7:52 AM | Report abuse

In a painfully frustrating first third of the season, I'll gladly take/spin this Will Mont thing in a positive light. Young, local kid made good. Not ready to call Rino a bust (quite) yet, but I am excited for this kid to get a shot. Mike Williams too. Guess we'll see in the next couple weeks whether these guys are part of the future or just an inadequate stop gap measure.

HAIL