Will you watch the combine this weekend?

Over at The League, we're discussing whether there's a smart way for fans to watch the combine on televsion -- or if it's smarter to avoid it altogether.

Dave Goldberg, who covered the NFL for years for the Associated Press, gives this answer:

I loathe the combine because it overemphasizes little things at the expense of the most basic way to appraise an aspiring NFL player -- how well he plays.

Also, check out a feed of the latest tweets from reporters in Indianapolis.

By Jon DeNunzio  |  February 26, 2010; 3:28 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Shanahan outlines expectations for Redskins players
Next: Shanahan expresses 'admiration' for Campbell

Comments

Did Shanahan outline any expectations for RI?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | February 26, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Did Shanahan outline any expectations for RI?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | February 26, 2010 3:35 PM

He said he only wants posts from people who live in the area. He's tired of out-of-towners wiseing-off all the time.

Good luck, John D, posting on the Houston website.

Posted by: League-Source | February 26, 2010 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Nein...

Posted by: RedDMV | February 26, 2010 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Reds - I have believed the conspiracy of Shanny to the Skins booked after Shanny was fired....10 months ago.

JLaC ain't the orginator on that, but he has the loudest voice on NFLN. Allen is in charge now, but they can pick up the phone and consult Vinny anytime. Especially when it gets dark at night and Danny might not trust Bruce completly. He might call Vinny to read him a bedtime story and tell him everything will be alright......

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 26, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

watch the combine? Even I have more of a life than that

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 26, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Nein...

Posted by: RedDMV | February 26, 2010 3:40 PM

RedDMV = Rotfrau! Shoulda guessed it!

Posted by: League-Source | February 26, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

LOL... Nothing has changed.

All Shanny said is that the Skins will offer Campbell a contract - something they HAVE to do in order to get compensation if he signs with another team - and he "expects" Campbell to be there.

I would have been shocked if Shanahan said, "Nah, I really don't expect Jason Campbell to be with this team much longer."

So like I said, nothing has changed one way or the other re the Redskins QB question.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | February 26, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

watch the combine? Even I have more of a life than that

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 26, 2010 3:43 PM

Okay, but about 25 people have already said "yes" and have less of a life than that. Who could it be? Periculum, zjfr2, diesel44, Cork, bigfoot_has_a_pussy, dealer, lisa, ChrisLarry, PASkinsfan, brownwood, PoopyMcPoop, barno1, GLawrence, 1965Skinsfan, KurtShanaman, ...

Gee, once you start listing them I'm surprised that there's only 25 of them.

Posted by: League-Source | February 26, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

I will check any combine highlights and maybe read up a bit on how guys preformed but I am just a sports fan, no way I am watching the 40 and breaking down what happened

Posted by: alex35332 | February 26, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Did you mean Pike?

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 26, 2010 3:33 PM

Yeah 4th. Pick goes better with his nickname than Tony "tooth" Pike.

Pa17- Collins had a 15 yr career, not too shabby. He was behind some pretty good QBs earlier in his career and then JC most recently. People will speculate, but he couldn't beat out JC for the job either. Pretty good career, but he should and will be cut.

Posted by: Diesel44 | February 26, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | February 26, 2010 3:56 PM

I have a life most would envy, but quilty as charged.

bigfoot_has_a_pussy made me spit out my metamucil.

Posted by: Diesel44 | February 26, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

bigfoot_has_a_pussy made me spit out my metamucil.

Posted by: Diesel44 | February 26, 2010 4:04 PM

Probably just as well. You seem to post with more passion when constipated. Your posts are really insipid when you are "regular".

Posted by: League-Source | February 26, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

watch, no, nfldraftcountdown.com has a good review of the whole thing at the end....I'll read that..

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | February 26, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Curzon417 | February 26, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Watch the combine? Is this a joke? I love football and the Redskins but I hope I'm never that pathetic.

Posted by: croftonpost | February 26, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

YOu don't get a choice if you don't have NFL Network sighs.

Posted by: Veretax | February 26, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse