Williams Surprised by 'Limited' Label

Offensive tackle Mike Williams had struggled with a couple different injuries during the preseason, including groin and ankle problems, and the Redskins listed Williams as limited after Wednesday's practice because of the ankle injury.

On Thursday, however, Williams said his ankle "feels better, it's just going to be a work in progress," and said he was surprised to hear that he had been listed as limited.

Williams also said that he expected to be active for Sunday's season opener against the New York Giants.

Williams, whose massive weight-loss has been well-chronicled this preseason, played more than 50 snaps in the Redskins' preseason finale at Jacksonville, a mark Williams had not reached since his final game with the Buffalo Bills in November 2005, when he injured his back.

"Don't know when I last played 50 snaps, but that's a good question because I have no idea," Williams said, laughing. "Oh, I remember, Jacksonville. Before that, oh, I have no idea."

Williams said he had no idea that he had played more than 50 plays until after the game, when he was told. Playing that much was not the only thing Williams got to experience for the first time in over three years, however.

"You got to understand, the last time I even looked at myself on game film, shoot, that was 3 1/2 years ago," Williams said. "It's a long time to not even see yourself on game film. Finally even doing that helps you with your technique and it helps you overall as a player. Three and a half years is a long time not to play a snap. Now to go through 53 plays, that's all right with me."

When the Redskins and Giants kick off Sunday, it will mark yet another step in Williams' return to the NFL, and he acknowledged that it would be a special moment for him.

"It's going to be great to get back," Williams said. "It was a special moment when we went out to Baltimore. Truthfully you can say 'regular season,' but we are [all] out during the preseason. But [the Giants], they bring it and they throw all kinds of stuff at you. So it is going to be a special moment, going out there. I played in Giants Stadium and stuff like that so its something I'm familiar with. We're already officially back, so it's just saying, 'Here the real bullets are flying, none of the blanks or nothing of the preseason.' The bullets are flying and guys are going to go play ball. We're trying to win the championship."

By Paul Tenorio  |  September 10, 2009; 2:26 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Rogers Says He'll Be Ready to Go Sunday
Next: Landry Puts Last Year's Play Behind Him

Comments

Posted by: sanjazz | September 10, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

"Mike Williams Surprised by 'Limited' Label"

Perhaps the label, "All You Can Eat Buffet" and lack of food on the table is what confused him.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 10, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

I think he just took a shot at Plaxico...

and I think I just did too!!!!

Hooray Beer

Posted by: CheyenneWY | September 10, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

win the championship.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 10, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Add Mike Williams to your team.....

'Championship'

I like....I like....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 10, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

A factor Sunday..positive for 'skins.

If AOL weather is to be believed, it looks like some pleasant weather at gametime, especially with the 4 PM EDT start.

This is good news for fat guys like Haynesworth & formerly Fat Mike Wlliams who can spend more time on the field.

Wasn't long ago when the skins lost an early game when everyone and his uncle cramped up in the 4th quarter.

Posted by: TheCork | September 10, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

win the championship.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 10, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

All the bison burgers in the world aren't going to improve his blocking skills. So long as he isn't a turnstile on gameday he can eat whatever he wants.

Posted by: pgugino | September 10, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

I got a question. This applies to the Williams situation but also Mike Vick.

Here we have 2 guys out of the league a few years. How do you re-factor the age into their careers?

I assume you say that they need time to get back to form (a season or two I am guessing). But when you count the amount of time left they have to play in their careers how does time out of the league factor in in your opinion? This is assuming a player gets back to form where they are able to start or be a solid backup.

Is williams a

Posted by: alex35332 | September 10, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

I have no problem feeling superior to people.

Posted by: Original_etrod

We do…signed “People”

A sure sign that you're spending too much time on RI.

Posted by: talent_evaluator

Pot...kettle…you do the math.

(Of course the fact I'm here to comment on this puts me in the same category of pathetic loser as you, he said, false humbly.)

Posted by: TheCork | September 10, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I have no problem feeling superior to people.

Posted by: Original_etrod

We do…signed “People”

A sure sign that you're spending too much time on RI.

Posted by: talent_evaluator

Pot...kettle…you do the math.

Posted by: TheCork | September 10, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Well I feel no need to comment on what you rabble mutter about.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 10, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

...and I thought people were at the top of the food chain. If you're superior to that, what ARE you??!!

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 10, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

This is how we address the RT position? Our front office is a joke, and not a very funny one at that.

Posted by: keino83 | September 10, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Another Mike Williams post?!?!?!

You would think only these players were on the skins: BMW, JC, Rock, Portis, MK 12, DT11, Colt and Chase Daniels.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 10, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

cl, thats a good point, I'd like to hear something about Horton, or Fred Davis...just something different for a change.....I hope I'm wrong...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 10, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Re: Bama

It's hard to describe, so for those who aren't from around here (DMV) or missed the last go 'round, I'll give it a try.

When used by my pops and them in their time, it meant someone who couldn't dress (clothing) Back in the day it was mainly used in a degrading manner toward southerners, black southerners.

These days it can simply mean something that is unfavorable, or not to standards.

Example:

Statement: Man I heard the 'skins cut some their draft picks.

Response: That's some bama a** s*** right there. How dumb are those bamas running the front office.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 10, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | September 10, 2009
==========================================

As much as he's talked about up here, you would think that Leigh Torrence is still with the Redskins.

Posted by: RITCA | September 10, 2009 3:04 PM | Report abuse

1st an goal at the 1. BMW,Samuels,Dockery line up on the left side. Power-O to that side with Sellers leading CP. Touchdown.

I like.

Posted by: TWISI | September 10, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Red!

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 10, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

It's pretty much a dirty classless slob, a bama.

Leigh Torrence makes everyone look like a bama.

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 10, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

I have no problem feeling superior to people.

Posted by: Original_etrod

We do…signed “People”

A sure sign that you're spending too much time on RI.

Posted by: talent_evaluator

Pot...kettle…you do the math.

Posted by: TheCork | September 10, 2009 2:48 PM

Hey, Cork, you missed the point. He's the one who feels superior to people, not me. I need to spend more time here to get that good superior feeling.

Of course, every time I'm about to feel superior, you come along and knock me down a few pegs.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 10, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Re: Bama

Al Zeke (zcezcest) tried to trade me Correll Buckhalter for Jonathan Stewart.

Al a bama.

Posted by: 4-12 | September 10, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: keino83 | September 10, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

We don't have enough money to address it with a good player. I think we only have like 2 mil cap left. Can anyone verify?

Langston Walker, Jon Runyan, and Mark Tauscher all want at least 3 million. Levi Jones wants 5 million. I think BMW is a stop gap until the first round of the 2010 draft. At least that's what I tell myself. 1st round elite left tackle. 2nd round elite right tackle.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | September 10, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

[crickets crickets]

Posted by: 4-12 | September 10, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of Horton, I see him benefiting from AH on the team as much as anyone else in terms of sacks....I hope I'm wrong...

wait, never mind.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 10, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

I have no problem feeling superior to people.

Posted by: Original_etrod

We do…signed “People”

A sure sign that you're spending too much time on RI.

Posted by: talent_evaluator

Pot...kettle…you do the math.

Posted by: TheCork | September 10, 2009 2:48 PM

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 10, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Let's just keep copying this thread on to each new post and see how big it gets*

*that's what she said.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 10, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

CL - i'd point out that Chase Daniel ISN'T with the team any more

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 10, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Limited like the Sunset Ltd. Coming thru Giants...

And I pray you big man-

should thoust see one Sir Osi come across your veritable 350 lb. radar, when then smite him mightily until he goes back to the forbidden land of IR!

Posted by: ElYeah | September 10, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

4-12,

And you didn't take the deal?

Posted by: RITCA | September 10, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

RedDMV -- To me, Bama only means one thing -- Jerry Washington, and the 'Bama Hour, Saturdays on WPFW. Once he died, they should have just stopped using the word. Turns out, even Jack Kent Cooke was a fan of the show:

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 10, 2009 3:16 PM | Report abuse

73 hours till kickoff

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 10, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

The team's media department has invested so much in this guy they can never cut him since that will make them look stupid (er).

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 10, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Or signing a LT from the University of Alabama who cracks his foot first day.. Is that Bama squared?

Posted by: ElYeah | September 10, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

The one analysis that matters most for the skins! Because its the only one Vinny can read!

Posted by: alex35332 | September 10, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

*that's what she said.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 10, 2009 3:14 PM

These words will live forever. Sort of like "Four score and seven years ago..." No wonder you feel superior. You are.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 10, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

No wonder you feel superior. You are.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 10, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!!

Posted by: alex35332 | September 10, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Red - We have been explaining Bama on this blog for over 3 years now...Bama

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 10, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332
============================================
Did you see who the article was written by?

Fred Bowen writes KidsPost's sports opinion column and is the author of sports novels for kids.

Posted by: RITCA | September 10, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Or like hiring an agent before the bowl game then firing said agent then cracking foot - is that Bama cubed?

Posted by: ElYeah | September 10, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

talent_evaluator,
After reading all of those posts, I think you have a superiority complex.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 10, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RITCA | September 10, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Thats the punch-line of the joke.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 10, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Who would you have drafted (if you were forced to choose)?

Andre Smith
Michael Crabtree

Posted by: RITCA | September 10, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Red - We have been explaining Bama on this blog for over 3 years now...Bama

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 10, 2009 3:22 PM

I specifically asked what it meant on the prior thread....

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 10, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

running with no shirt on, while having man-boobs needs to be included...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 10, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Al Zeke (zcezcest) tried to trade me Correll Buckhalter for Jonathan Stewart.

Al a bama.

Posted by: 4-12

I'm guessing you turned that offer down ...

What's funny about it is that after I did the analysis, I didn't want to make the offer. The tipping point was my bye week thing. I won't be surprised if Buckhalter has more good games than Stewart this year. He's not a better player, but he's in a situation in Denver where he's likely to get a lot more touches.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 10, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

is that Bama cubed?

Posted by: ElYeah | September 10, 2009 3:23 PM

Maaan. You F'd that one up big time! Bama Cubed? At least you tried.

Try these:

*Bamafied
*Bama A$$ MoFo
*That's some Bama ish

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 10, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | September 10, 2009

Seems pretty standard ... good except I disagree with the receivers part. This ONE IS NOW DEFINITELY ON Jim Zorn and Sherman Smith.

Even if ARE and Moss can't manage, you should now be able to throw Malcolm Kelly, Marko Mitchell, Devin Thomas, Chris Cooley, Fred Davis into the mix somehow? Else why are these guys on the team? Its not for special teams and last I looked Zorn decided who to keep and who to cut? Albeit with "help" from Vinny Cerrato. IN other words if Zorn cannot adapt his offense to fit these additional receivers in then he needs to go.

Posted by: periculum | September 10, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: will_ga | September 10, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

DHaze - (Shhh. That was a thinly veiled shot at red. I don't care what the origin of the convo was, it just looked like a good opportunity and I went for it)

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 10, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

For my FFL Team I realized stupidly that in 7 weeks my starting D was going to be playing guys on starting lineup, so I needed a swap out D for these weeks (or for the ones where they conflicted). But the only team in the league that my line up did not play was Buffalo... Granted you are gonna score good points with buffalo 2-3 games a year if you just watch the weather report.

But I dumped Ricky WIlliams for Buff D/ST.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 10, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

running with no shirt on, while having man-boobs needs to be included...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 10, 2009

Beantown boy reminds me so much of the crazy psych nurse who dropped down into the bottom of an enclosed latrine/toilet in Montana d'Oro state park with a "plastic bag on" to let people sh&t on him. They had to remove the wood cabin enclosure and dig to get him out.

Posted by: periculum | September 10, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

A Friendly Suggestion for the Mayor:

Please put the BMW posts on the shelf along with the Brennan v. Daniel material.

We are now in Week 1.

Roster bottom-feeders are interesting when there's nothing else to talk about in preseason. Now we don't care b/c we have real games with real players to think about.

Mike Williams is a joke and his presence on this roster is just another bullet point on a long list of buffoonery undertaken by this FO. End of story.

If one of our starting tackles gets injured, and (God forbid) BMW is thrust into a starting role, then we can talk about him again - but not before.

Posted by: p1funk | September 10, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

wow, peri, just wow....

now THAT was scatalogical.

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 10, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

periculum,
I hope Zorn figures it out, but not too sure he will. I liked the fact that he let his QB's air it out a little in preseason. Let's hope that translates to the regular season. I think he also has options to give a receiver the hook if he starts playing dropsies (ARE, I hope you are listening).

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 10, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Who will be the first Redskin to score on Sunday?

Suisham: 2 to 1
Portis: 3 to 1
Moss: 5 to 1
Cooley: 7 to 1
Kelly: 10 to 1
D. Hall: 14 to 1
Orakpo: 25 to 1

Place your bets. See Beantown Greg for your payout in bonus points.

Posted by: RITCA | September 10, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Yeah Zeke...that's a spinning my wheels trade. I'm desperate for a #1 RB...got plenty of #2s

Posted by: 4-12 | September 10, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

0% chance this guy is on the team next season.

We'll be taking a RT and C with first two picks of the draft, and signing the best RG out there in FA.

Samuels and Dockery will still be there, though well have to start looking for Samuels replacement.

Rabach will either be gone or competing for backup center vs Williams and Montgomery.

Randy Thomas should be gone and likely will be if there is no cap, with an upgrade thru free agency at his spot and the youngsters backing that spot up.

The #24 (our) pick in the draft better be a franchise right tackle. Maybe left tackle, if Heyer shows something this year.

Posted by: Rypien11 | September 10, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

running with no shirt on, while having man-boobs needs to be included...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 10, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Not to mention bailing on the combine because he didn't know he had to stay.

This dude could teach Bama shti 101 at the Alabama Institute of Bamaology.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 10, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

I see that someone is OFF their meds today......

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 10, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

4-12 from today's beat writer for the Broncos on the guy "ahead" of Buckhalter ... part of the reason Buckhalter has bigger upside than Stewart.

Hi Woody. Do you think Knowshon Moreno's holdout and not being there at the start of training camp may have contributed to him injuring his knee against the 49'ers? I think he should have had at least another week of practice before being put in a game.
-- Steve Marquez, Denver

Steve: Andre Smith held out for quite a while with the Bengals. He finally reported. He broke his foot two days later. Players do not get into playing shape when they're not in camp, so I think they're more prone to injury early. So Moreno should enjoy his money. I was watching him closely in the San Francisco game. Had the glasses on him from the press box. He carried once for nine yards, and then limped back to the huddle. I told everyone around me that he was hurt, and nobody paid any attention because I'm an idiot.

Apparently the coaches in the booth weren't paying attention. He carried again, limped again, rubbed his leg, and they gave him the ball again. I'm yelling "Stupid! Stupid!" They finally took him out. (They couldn't hear me, by the way). I asked McDaniels afterward, and he gave me a nebbish answer that they wouldn't play a hurt player, and they didn't see him limping.

I think the injury was worsened by Moreno staying in the game, and he wasn't going to beg out. He shouldn't have played in the game, and he shouldn't have carried twice after he was hurt. I don't think he is close to 100 percent for the first game, and he hasn't been the same since the injury.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 10, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Andre Smith
Michael Crabtree

Posted by: RITCA | September 10, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Andre Smith, and then my second choice would be Andre Smith.

If the Bungels hadn't been such pussbags about the contract negotiations, Smith would have never been holding out and he would not have fallen so far out of shape.

Obviously, the kid has some motivational issues, but put in the right system with the right people he's gonna be eating DEs in the NFL as a cornerstone left tackle.

The Bungles are not the right system with the right people to properly deal with ultra-talented headcases. (See Chad Ochocinco and Chris Henry).

Posted by: p1funk | September 10, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

A bama fan. Literally & figuratively.

Posted by: will_ga | September 10, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Will,
you were the third to post this and so I finally watched. I am now 100% sure we should never have let the south back in the union after civil war 3. (1 and 2 being the revolution and whisky rebellion respectively)

Posted by: alex35332 | September 10, 2009 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Who will be the first Redskin to score on Sunday?

Suisham: 2 to 1
Portis: 3 to 1
Moss: 5 to 1
Cooley: 7 to 1
Kelly: 10 to 1
D. Hall: 14 to 1
Orakpo: 25 to 1

Place your bets. See Beantown Greg for your payout in bonus points.

Posted by: RITCA | September 10, 2009 3:36 PM
++++++++++++++++++++

I'll take Carlos Rodgers at 100-1.....

Pick 6!! Touchdown, Redskins!!!!

Posted by: smurff1 | September 10, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

This place is an asylum today.
Must be close to the start of football season.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 10, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

WAIT!
Football Season Starts Today ?!?!?!?!

Posted by: alex35332 | September 10, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Who will be the first Redskin to score on Sunday?

Suisham: 2 to 1
Portis: 3 to 1
Moss: 5 to 1
Cooley: 7 to 1
Kelly: 10 to 1
D. Hall: 14 to 1
Orakpo: 25 to 1

Place your bets. See Beantown Greg for your payout in bonus points.

Posted by: RITCA | September 10, 2009 3:36 PM
++++++++++++++++++++

I'll take Carlos Rodgers at 100-1.....

Pick 6!! Touchdown, Redskins!!!!

Posted by: smurff1

I'll take ARE at one billion to one odds.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 10, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

"PFT is reporting that the Washington Redskins left Tackle Chris Samuels had his knee drained again on Wednesday of this week. This is the second such proceedure of this nature that Samuels has had done since the start of training camp. Insiders are reporting that Samuels knee is bone on bone, and believe that he'll be placed on IR shortly after the bye week"

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 10, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

The old state joke:

Why is Al a bama?

He make illin noise.

Talk about phrases from the early 90s. Soon y'all will be whipping out "Bumpin."

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | September 10, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

The old state joke:

Why is Al a bama?

He make Illin noise.

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | September 10, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Chase Daniel

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Who will be the first Redskin to score on Sunday?

Suisham: 2 to 1
Portis: 3 to 1
Moss: 5 to 1
Cooley: 7 to 1
Kelly: 10 to 1
D. Hall: 14 to 1
Orakpo: 25 to 1

Place your bets. See Beantown Greg for your payout in bonus points.

Posted by: RITCA | September 10, 2009 3:36 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 10, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe this guy is out backup tackle. When Samuels goes down, we're in for a long season.

Posted by: Dellis2 | September 10, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

BTG,

I think u got ur dates wrong. It's not 1 April.

Posted by: RITCA | September 10, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Samuels will be on the bench more than not, in the 4th Qtr.. Knee has to be drained almost every practice!!
FO pays big dollars and draft picks for JC and then protects him with a Div I College OLine while committing 200Mil+ to the Defense..Insane..
+++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: Dellis2 | September 10, 2009 4:01 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 10, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

From the Times:

Starting cornerback Carlos Rogers took full practice today for the first time since re-injuring his left calf on Aug. 22 against Pittsburgh.

"They worked me back in yesterday, but I did everything today," Rogers said.

"We kinda protected him the last couple of weeks because we wanted to have him healthy [for the opener]," said defensive coordinator Greg Blache. "We didn't want this to be a lingering thing all season."

Neither, of course, does Rogers, who missed the final nine games of 2007 after tearing two knee ligaments.

"It feels good, no problem, but that's how it felt last time after the [Aug. 22 preseason game [against Pittsburgh] until the day after the game, " Rogers said. "But this feels much better. I don't have that knot and there's no swelling

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 10, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Who will be the first Redskin to score on Sunday?

Suisham: 2 to 1
Portis: 3 to 1
Moss: 5 to 1
Cooley: 7 to 1
Kelly: 10 to 1
D. Hall: 14 to 1
Orakpo: 25 to 1

Place your bets. See Beantown Greg for your payout in bonus points.

Posted by: RITCA | September 10, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Rock KO return eleventy billion to 1

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | September 10, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Here is my guess.

Eli Manning, with a fumble for a safety.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 10, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

There have been comments about 2010 being an uncapped year. Some have said that there will be a lot of mad money being spent but there is a catch 23. There will be no cap on spending but the restrictions on FA will be a lot tighter, hence a diminished # of FAs. One thing you can count on though is overpriced vets being cut. There will be no cap for it to count against. Which definitely be grist for the Skins FO mill if things don't work out in 2009. And even if they do.

Posted by: TubularBells | September 10, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Another Mike Williams post?!?!?!

Posted by: chrislarry | September 10, 2009 2:58 PM

I agree. Can we get an update on Moss? How is he feeling?

Posted by: TheJury | September 10, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 10, 2009 3:56 PM |
+++++++++++++++++++++
Beanie..
maybe Snyder is going to fool all of us and has a blockbuster OLine trade in mind, before the mid Oct deadline..

LIKE BUYING THE ENTIRE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS FRANCHISE AND SWAPPING UNIFORMS.

The Jags are the poorest, smallest market team in the NFL, nearing bankruptcy, yet can beat out the Skins personnel (richest franchise in the NFL) at just about every position.
Imagine their GM and scouts with Snyder's uncapped money next year.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 10, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Eagles Bring in Runyan for a workout. It was interesting reading the comments section, most of them are all for it.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | September 10, 2009 4:17 PM | Report abuse

it never gets old......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 10, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

I don't know about the word 'bama' you can use it at your own risk, I guess. I know Portis is DMV'ified. He called Brian Mitchell a bama.

And that dude 4th... what a bama. This bama waits until I have to take a min or two so I can justify my compensation, and he pulls a bama move like that.

What a gump a** bama.

*What you know about 'gump' though, 4th?

Gump: The newer but seldomly used version of the word bama. But not relegated to only the DMV.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 10, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

hey beantown.. gotta like Wagner as set up.. Sox surprise in the playoffs...

WEEI says the Wildcard will have 5 days between end of season and first game.. ie full rotation..

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 10, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | September 10, 2009 4:17 PM

This is necessary as Shawn Andrews missed practice today (again!) as reported by PFT (link provided unlike Greg's news flash!). Of course when your picked to win the NFC East, you don't need no tackle.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 10, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

The, eventually to be Los Angeles Jaguars would be a great trade for cash partner for the Skins.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 10, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

snagm, yeah, wags in the 7th, Bard and his 100 mph cheese in the 8th, paps in the 9th. Works for me....

curz, thats just way tooo accusatory...what are you suggesting??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 10, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection |

You must don't spend too much time in the urban parts of the DMV, do you?

Bama is alive and well.

And you're a bama for bringing up 'bumpin''.

Everyone knows that the correct term is 'bangin''.

A casual DMV convo:

Example: Man young, did you did you see that bangin' azz ride go up the block just now?

Man, get the f*** outta here, joe. That car was garbage. The rims was all rusted up, and it had that bama azz color.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 10, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

pretty sad.. The Jags are blacked out at home and giving away any seat in the stadium for 40.00 (see jaguars.com). While the Skins are suing bankrupt grannies for 10 years worth of future games.
++++++++++++++++

Posted by: alex35332 | September 10, 2009 4:27 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 10, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Another Mike Williams post?!?!?!

Posted by: chrislarry | September 10, 2009 2:58 PM

I agree. Can we get an update on Moss? How is he feeling?

Posted by: TheJury | September 10, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

How's London Fletcher holding up after his mysterious foot ailment last week?

Posted by: dmorgan6617 | September 10, 2009 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Yesterday was my 13 year anniversary with my company. My boss gave me a fanny pack.

You can't make this shti up.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 10, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

beaner.
Yanks overconfident.. Sox are stealthing to the Pennant..
Be nice if Terry would let Wags get a few saves.. he's about 14 shy of a saves milestone.. But, Paps breaks water if anyone saves a game but him.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 10, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | September 10, 2009 2:58 PM

I agree. Can we get an update on Moss? How is he feeling?

Posted by: TheJury | September 10, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

How's London Fletcher holding up after his mysterious foot ailment last week?

Posted by: dmorgan6617 | September 10, 2009 4:36 PM

Did I leave the oven on?

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 10, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

he/she meant "pack your fanny" and leave...
+++++++++++

You can't make this shti up.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 10, 2009 4:38 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 10, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

That's funny, Red, my elderly neighbor calls me "joe," but he's not from the DMV, he hails from the mean streets of Fiji. Must be a coincidence.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 10, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Fiji has mean streets? Wait..Fiji has streets?

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 10, 2009 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 10, 2009 3:56 PM |

Guess we all know what to draft in 2010. All except for the deciders.

Posted by: pgugino | September 10, 2009 4:43 PM | Report abuse

But we tend to forget that B Lloyd called him gay. Rumor was, he was upset that the Skins and/or the league did not discipline him for it.
Posted by: cj658 | September 10, 2009 10:16 AM

B. Lloyd should go to the hall of fame for that alone. That cracks me up.

Posted by: ecale25 | September 10, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Fiji has mean streets? Wait..Fiji has streets?

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 10, 2009 4:43 PM

Dude, I am from Fiji. Thinking about taking a vacation there next August with the family.

Posted by: TheJury | September 10, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Bama Joe Young...

From Fiji?

Posted by: RedDMV | September 10, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

beeps....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 10, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

greg, just trying to remind peeps to verify PFT reports before following up with a comment. plus someone once posted "please post a link" on here.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 10, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | September 10, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I just got my laugh of the day. Thank you sir.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | September 10, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Hey now 4 F - I know that Sean Suisham cubed is 9 points

Posted by: ElYeah | September 10, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator |

And I feel awful about it. I enjoy your posts. You're one of the ones I'd most like to have a beer with, and remember my old Mantra

We kid because we love (but not in a gay way)

Posted by: TheCork | September 10, 2009 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE women.

I even married one.

But the trouble with women, in general is they get pregnant.

And when they get pregnant, some loving relative throws them a baby shower.

And if you're a relative, and it's for men AND women, you have to go, even if there won't be a stripper.

And sometimes these woman don't know ANYTHING about football.

So they schedule the Shower DIRECTLY OPPOSITE the Giants game.

Aiyeeee...

Which is why TiVo is the greatest invention of all time.

Posted by: TheCork | September 10, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17
__________________________________________

The problem with this argument PA is that there was thing called the Draft. We passed on a few solid RTs, Michael Oher being one of those. Now don't get me wrong, I am happy with the Orakpo pick. In addition, we had more cap room at the beginning of pre-season and could have cleared the space by releasing re-hired retreads like Renaldo Wynn, Rock Cartwright etc etc etc.

You can give Levi Jones what he wants and spread his contract over a few years. There was/is a ton of ways to upgrade the position. We took the laziest route possible. Sign a guy who's been out of football for 3 years, who has to lose 1200 pounds to get into playing shape, all because he was a busted #1 pick. It's really not defensible.

Posted by: keino83 | September 10, 2009 9:54 PM | Report abuse

That should say we had more cap room at the beginning of free agency.....

Posted by: keino83 | September 10, 2009 10:03 PM | Report abuse