Did Colt Complete Pass to Jessica?

With Michael Vick signed to wear Eagles colors next season, there's another hot free agent on the market whose name was circulating Saturday morning at Redskins Park. But it's doubtful that pop tart Jessica Simpson will help the team's offensive woes too much.

On Friday, word started sweeping through the Internet that Simpson, fresh off a relationship with Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, has officially moved on and is dating Redskins quarterback Colt Brennan. The news hit celebrity blogs, sports blogs and even Hawaiian television.

It all originated with a story in the most recent issue of Star magazine, which reported: " Colt, 26, began chasing Jessica back in July with sexy e-mails and text messages. The pair even set up webcams so they could chat face-to-face through their computers. And now, 'Colt sent Jessica tickets for his Sept. 13 game against the N.Y. Giants,' the source adds. 'And on July 31, Colt FedEx'd her a Redskins jersey. If she wears that jersey to the game, you know it means she's playing rough!'"

So what's the truth? Should Redskins fans worry about a Jessica Simpson curse spoiling their team's chances?

"My life coach Chris Cooley said I should neither confirm nor deny it," Brennan said after Saturday morning's practice.

Brennan first caught wind of the rumor Friday morning and immediately called Cooley. "I just told him, 'That doesn't sound like a rumor that I'd want to deny,'" said Cooley, declining to reveal the actual nature of Brennan's relationship with Simpson.

Brennan, however, didn't take much pressing. "Me being an honest guy, I have no idea what that's about," he said.

Apparently, Brennan thinks it might be a prank that originated in Romo's camp. "If it's Tony Romo who did that, it's absolutely hilarious," Brennan said. "And touché, Tony Romo."

By Rick Maese  |  August 15, 2009; 11:39 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Despite Injury, Mike Williams Still Determined
Next: Is Wildcat an Option for Redskins?

Comments

.........

Posted by: TheTruth11 | August 15, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

"My life coach Chris Cooley..." okay, that's a funny line.

But this story doesn't pass the sniff test. Dude's only a backup QB... doesn't seem like a big enough plash if you're Yoko Romo on the rebound.

I mean, I guess I could understand Jason Sehorn getting with that brunette from Law & Order with the froggy voice and googley eyes, but at least Sehorn was a starter, and he had the uniqueness of being the only white CB (as I recall).

But this Jessicolt thing seems like bunk. And the bottom line is I don't jessicare.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 15, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

And the bottom line is I don't jessicare.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 15, 2009 11:49 AM |

Good one, dude.

Posted by: TalkToTheHand | August 15, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Finally some real updates!

Favorite Jessica Simpson line, "Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish? I know it's tuna, but it says 'Chicken by the Sea.'"

Favorite Jessica Simpson body part(s)...

Posted by: CTSkins | August 15, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Well, this is certainly the most exciting news of the entire preseason. Given that Jessica has been bulking up, maybe she could play right tackle?

Posted by: PDiddy | August 15, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

"Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish?"

Posted by: CTSkins | August 15, 2009 12:08 PM |

What is the difference between meat and fish? If you beat your fish you will kill it.

Posted by: TalkToTheHand | August 15, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Saw Mike WIlliams in a couple of pass plays in the scrimmage, and he looked really slow. He is a huge guy even after the weight loss, but I was surprised at ho slow his reactions seemed in comparison with the Ravens DEs and the other Olinemen. His footwork seemed especially slow.

Oh, and love the rehashing of history going on here - yeah, figuring out the Gibbs Saunders history is super important now. Good luck!

Posted by: hithere1 | August 15, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PDiddy | August 15, 2009 12:18 PM |

Unfortunately, my supermarket checkout line informs me that she has lost that weight.

Posted by: CTSkins | August 15, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

hithere...

I only rehash cause ya'll do. You seem new to RI, but check out all the reliving of the HOGS, Jack Kent Cooke, Antonio Pierce, Ryan Clark, Leigh Torrence, Marty Schottenheimer....blah...blah...blah...

Posted by: rickyroge | August 15, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

"..pop tart Jessica Simpson.."

Jessica Simpson is as about as interesting to look at as a loaf of bread and is just as plain.

I like women who look like they been raised on grits and gravy, thick like her hips have been build out of both rice and beans.

Why does Colt want Jessica?

Can't say, don't care.

Plus: Colt has gotta know that 'second' is what you want to come in at a track meet, not in the bedroom.

Nick Lachey, Tony Romo: Jessica Simpson is becoming a used clunker not worth the cash.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 15, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

If Tony Romo is this shallow and juvenile, the Cowboys are doomed.

Great!

Posted by: pdfordiii | August 15, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

el beepo

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | August 15, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

I only rehash cause ya'll do. ...blah...blah...blah...

Posted by: rickyroge | August 15, 2009 12:27 PM |

What's a blog for if you can't rehash hash?

Posted by: TalkToTheHand | August 15, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

No, see, you can only say "Touche" if I make a point and you make a counterpoint. See, I said, "You're dating Jessica," but you haven't scored a point yet. Let's try again.

Posted by: WorstSeat | August 15, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Well, Colt was making fun of Romo with Cooley in one of his videos. So I think that's why he thinks it's a comeback.

Posted by: kyureosity | August 15, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

maybe Simpson got curious about all of the man-crushes Colt has inspired in Redskinland

Posted by: mdrockjock | August 15, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

You know, I think you guys are being a bit too mean to Jessica Simpson here. She is a person not some Sex Object to deride because of her mistake of choosing Romo as a Beau. Nothing to see here. I hope Jessica and Colt make a happy couple.

Posted by: Veretax | August 15, 2009 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Shakti Stream is way better looking than that tramp.

Posted by: smiley4284 | August 15, 2009 8:37 PM | Report abuse

Veretax- did you not read this article? It says Colt denied that he was dating Jessica...they are not a couple.

Posted by: supergrl63 | August 17, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse