World Bowl, Baby! World Bowl

Our guy Casey Bramlet didn't have his greatest Saturday as QB of the Hamburg Sea Devils, but he still managed to lead them a 17-13 win over Berlin, putting Hamburg in the World Bowl next weekend against Frankfurt.

I am trying to talk Cindy into getting the powers that be to send me to Germany for the weekend to cover the game, but somehow I don't see it happening.

Also, I continue to hear it is highly unlikely the Redskins will keep both Brunell and Collins, and that the young QBs here have been pretty much led to believe that they will have a very good chance to compete for that No. 3 spot.

I'll post any news on today's final mini camp practice later. From what I gathered from Shawn Springs last night, he will probably not be participating today. As of late last night his son still had not been released from the hospital and they were awaiting final results on his bilirubin tests.

Randoms: Sometimes the Ipod just makes your day, eh, coming up with a great song on shuffle that you haven't even thought of in years. I am not a big Pennywise guy - used to be into them more as a kid - but the ipod grabbed "Brohym" today and I listened to it for like a half hour straight. Go download it now. For you soccer guys, the chorus has a the best terrace anthem ever. Why this song isn't played during the pre-game warmup skate at every NHL arena is beyond me. It flat out rocks ... Hope all of you get to enjoy this wonderful weather and have a perfect Fathers Day. Lauren, Chloe and Rocco made it a terrific morning for me and can't wait to get home to see them and my parents after work. Cheers.

By Jason La Canfora  |  June 17, 2007; 11:47 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Justin Skaggs
Next: Reed Doughty Update/Final Mini Camp Notes

Comments

just so someone can't say it.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 17, 2007 12:03 PM | Report abuse

nice move anon! I despise "first"

Posted by: chris larry | June 17, 2007 12:10 PM | Report abuse

"I AM THIRD" - famous title of Gale Sayer's book.

Posted by: periculum | June 17, 2007 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Jasno,

The happiest of Father's Day's to a dad who does so much to keep the coked up hamsters spinning the wheel in the cage.

Prayers to the family of Justin Skaggs, one more of life's tragedies, inexplicable, indecipherable, inexorable.

Posted by: Redskin Willie | June 17, 2007 1:01 PM | Report abuse

I'm hideously depressed over the recalibrated expectations (what we need is a team-building Paintball outing), but I am soldieringon. Jasno is on the field and asked me to post this update:

Day 3 of Minicamp
No Springs, no Landry, no short-shorts.

And, if I may borrow from Ralph Kiner on a Mets broadcast way back when: "It's Father's Day, so happy birthday to all you fathers out there!"

Posted by: Cindy | June 17, 2007 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Cindy,

Nate's flexible on the expectations. If you'll send Jasno to Germany, we'll shoot for the original 100K.

Posted by: KK | June 17, 2007 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Jasno is not going to Germany! They've just replenished their beer supply from his last trip there.

Posted by: Cindy | June 17, 2007 1:20 PM | Report abuse

I second sending Jasno to Germany.

Posted by: P Diddy | June 17, 2007 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Nein!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Cindy | June 17, 2007 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Don't get the appeal of this Bro Hymn thing. Seems forgettable to me. Oh well, different tastes in music, I suppose :-)

Posted by: P Diddy | June 17, 2007 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like Cindy's saving the trip for herself.

Posted by: KK | June 17, 2007 1:36 PM | Report abuse

I get the Bro Hym thing. I found "Jinx removing" on my Sandisk (a much better option than an Ipod...yeah, I'm a snob) from Jawbreaker and listened to it about 10 times, a smile on my face the whole time.

Posted by: Kevin | June 17, 2007 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Happy Father's Day, Jason! And to all the other blog fathers.

Cindy, have you seen the latest King commercial - with the Western theme? He does not look quite so scary but it is a really stupid commercial.

Posted by: Lisa | June 17, 2007 2:17 PM | Report abuse

You're right, Lisa. Not as creepy, although I still hate him.

Posted by: Cindy | June 17, 2007 2:57 PM | Report abuse

The wining team of the World bowl should play the last place team from the NFL regular season in their first pre-season game.

Posted by: 35332 | June 17, 2007 9:21 PM | Report abuse

Interesting. The Bears and the Skins have QBs in the World Bowl. Let's see who wins and who ends if in the NFL this season.

My bet? J.T. is the better QB in the World Bowl, but Washington signs its QB to the roster (and J.T. goes elsewhere but not to the Bears).

Posted by: Unconvinced | June 18, 2007 11:44 AM | Report abuse

If each RI regular contributes two bucks we can send Jasno to Germany. (????) There should be a thousand of us, no?

Posted by: charlie | June 18, 2007 2:06 PM | Report abuse