Wynn Returns to Roster

We'll see if Renaldo Wynn's third stint as a Redskins lasts longer than his second. The team released punter Glenn Pakulak today and re-signed the veteran defensive end this afternoon, just two days after releasing him.

Pakulak was essentially a punter-for-rent who filled in for an injured Hunter Smith against the Carolina Panthers. Today's roster move likely means coaches are confident Smith will be ready to go Sunday against Kansas City. Smith injured his groin against the Bucs.

With so many other topics to discuss, Coach Jim Zorn did not address the punter situation at his media availability earlier today.

Pakulak had five punts against the Panthers, averaging 42.4 yards (35.6 net).

Wynn, a 13-year veteran, played with the Redskins from 2002-06. The team signed him as a free agent in March, but he was listed as inactive for the first four games. If Phillip Daniels' biceps tear turns out to be worse than doctors have said, Wynn could see some playing time, though rookie Jeremy Jarmon is clearly ahead of him on the depth chart.

The team has an open spot on the practice squad it still needs to fill. To make room for Pakulak on the practice squad last week, the Redskins released receiver Trent Shelton.

By Rick Maese  |  October 12, 2009; 2:17 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Line Dance: Adjusting to Samuels' Injury
Next: Zorn Returns to Fair-Catch Play

Comments

OK, each of you gets one word to describe the current state of the Redskins:

Posted by: isnadd | October 12, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Samuels knew of his condition before this game the bottom line is that after taking that hit he had a "stinger" Samuels had pain throught his back and numbness/tingling to his extremities. Based on the comdition he already has and the reaction to a normal football collision I would say this could be the end or Samuels...

Posted by: BenchCampbell | October 12, 2009 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Toxic

Posted by: isnadd | October 12, 2009 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Im guessing Wynn hasnt had to shave since the last time he was on the roster here

Posted by: scottmando | October 12, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

One word dosent subscribe, just emoticons

Posted by: ocskins | October 12, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

underachieving

Posted by: clt_skins | October 12, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Re-posting because, you know, it's really important:

1. a Ron Wolf or maybe Bill Parcells type comes in as a special adviser to Dan, to supervise the rebuilding of the front office starting with permanent banishment of Vinny Cerrato and the hire of Cerrato's replacement, someone qualified to be GM of an NFL team.

b. that GM, a person other than Vinny Cerrato, hires the new head coach

f. the GM, a person other than Vinny Cerrato, rebuilds the offensive line with not-too-old free agents and good draft picks

5. the GM, a person other than Vinny Cerrato (I cannot stress this enough), acquires a solid, capable veteran QB via trade or free agency, even if that person is not high on the sexy/plash scale

@. the head coach makes it known that we'll have competition at every single position on the roster, aside from long snapper

The offseason ensues, enlivened by this open competition and the lack of a salary cap... and voila! Hail to our new and improved 2010 Washington Redskins, unrecognizable from the team that was in such disarray only a few months earlier, and on its way to recovery. A fan can dream.>>

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Fustercluck

Posted by: Original_etrod | October 12, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Fustercluck

Posted by: Original_etrod | October 12, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

I've got an idea: Let's put Vinny in at QB this Sunday for a few pass plays, behind the O-line he's responsible for. Then we'll see what he does on Monday (from the cell phone in his hospital room) to bolster the line.

Posted by: chasgiffen | October 12, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Disarray.

Posted by: saltine182 | October 12, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

how about an offensive tackle? its just a though, and I know its a bit of a wacky one, but I just feel like at some point we might need an offensive tackle, that would be what I would do with an open spot.....heck I might even cut one of our 5 running backs or that guy named D'Anthony and get a couple of tackles, the ones I would get might even resemble NFL caliber ones.......

Posted by: zjfr2 | October 12, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

OK, each of you gets one word to describe the current state of the Redskins:

Posted by: isnadd
______________________

incompetentmanagement

Posted by: chasgiffen | October 12, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

VinDanBingus

Posted by: 4-12 | October 12, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

And I wasn't talking about the GM or the puppet acting as GM. I was only talking about head coaches. I stand by what I said: I do not doubt Snyder's ability to get the coach he wants, whoever that may be (and whatever dubious criteria he may apply to decide who that is). That's my response to the oft-stated claim that "no good coach will come to the Redskins."

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

I just don't see it. How come hot prospects like Spags or McDaniels, or Carroll, even Cowher aren't here? Can't be the money, they're gonna get paid either way. Snyder wanted all of them.

Snyder just goes down the list until he finds a willing, but deferential candidate.

Posted by: ksquare | October 12, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ksquare | October 12, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

I hate the idea of Vinny being in charge and Shanahan has proven he shouldn't be in charge.

So is it possible to have the combination of Vinny and Shanahan being two wrongs = 1 right?

fwiw, I doubt anyone gives Shanny the control he wants. But Shanny would get real influence, something less than total control. He never would have let Vinny skip picking OL in the drafts.

If nothing else, I suspect Morrocco Brown, supposedly one of the sharper minds at evaluating talent, will find a new home this offseason.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 12, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Hopeless.

Posted by: PDiddy | October 12, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

open spot!! Great, they'll get another punter.
++++++++++++++++++++++++

By Rick Maese | October 12, 2009; 2:17 PM ET

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | October 12, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Nate, I thank you for acting as the voice of reason.

Posted by: stwasm | October 12, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Not much any QB could do behind the swiss cheese OL. Other than slants and quick screens, how do you propose he throw a mid to long range pass, with about 2.2 seconds from the word hike.

Posted by: ksquare | October 12, 2009 2:16 PM |

Screens are just the antidote for a swiss cheeze OL. But you have to be able to execute. The QB drops way back, searching for an appropriate WR target, sucking the DB downfield. The DL and LB fight through the OL to get to the QB. The RB and OL peel off and cluster, the QB lofts it to the RB just before getting buried under a ton of DL/LB beef and the RB with a convoy OL rumbles forever with no one within 10 yds. By the end of the game they have to carry the QB off the field on a stretcher but since the Obama health care plan just became law, the QB will get health care and be back on the field by the next game, as good as new. Heh, heh.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 12, 2009 2:33 PM | Report abuse

tart

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Sad.

Posted by: themantoyou | October 12, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Nate....spot on with the 2:27 post....Yes it was worth reposting.

Posted by: ksquare | October 12, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

I think Snyder's money and the prestige of the Redskins/rabid fan base are still a draw for any coach. However, I think unless the way decisions are made in the FO is fundamentally changed no real coach or hot candidate will come to DC. IF Snyder is willing to hire a GM and give him decision making authority I think any coach would consider us, I think if he goes for a big name and gives them total control I think and of them would consider it, but if anything resembling Vinny and Danny in any way involved with personnel I think we'll be stuck with no good options and another crappy Zorn type hiring. Vinny has more lives than any cat I've ever heard of but I think this time that 2007 draft class will finally be his undoing, plus, supposedly Zorn was Vinny's guy.....at some point something has to stick to Vinny.

Posted by: zjfr2 | October 12, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

the wild card out here now is what potential Head Coach will be attracted to a Snyder blank checkbook for Free Agents in an uncapped 2010.
Alot of ex-Head Coaches who previously had too much pride and integrity to work for Snyder, could quickly change their minds if the Skins become the Yankees of the NFL with unabated spending in an uncapped Free Agency environment.

++++++++++++
NateinthePDX wrote:

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ksquare | October 12, 2009 2:25 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | October 12, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

TRADE FRED DAVIS!

Posted by: BenchCampbell | October 12, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Rudderless.

Posted by: ksquare | October 12, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 12, 2009 2:31 PM |

You think? Mebbe one closer to Ashburn so he can burn the midnight oil plotting schemes to get Bradford with the Skins high 1st round draft pick and to find OL gang bangers.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 12, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

DEPRESSING

Posted by: akjproductions | October 12, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Snyder is intentionally running the team into the ground so that the fan base becomes disillusioned and apathetic. Then he can rebrand and relaunch the team with a new name, mascot, logo etc. without upsetting the long time fans (they'll all be gone). This is all just a manipulation to finally erase an inherently racist moniker from the NFL. I wish there was an easier way.

Posted by: Matt_in_Austin | October 12, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Poop!

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 12, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Done.

Posted by: NYSkinsFan1 | October 12, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

One word huh? Sadly, I think this is the best word to describe this team:

typical

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 12, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

"Re-posting because, you know, it's really important:

Nate,

Great ideas. This presumes you're dealing with rational actors who make decisions based on facts that are in front of them and have been verified over time.

You're not.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | October 12, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

thanks, stwasm and ksquare

ksquare, again, not sure why I'm taking such pains to defend this one aspect of Snyder's reign, but I cited the Zorn hire as the anomaly among all the other Snyder coaching hires.

Snyder was caught unawares by Gibbs' unexpected departure, and then I think he really wanted to overcome his aversion to Grilliams and have some continuity but waffled and dawdled and eventually hung Gregg out to dry... and, oh yeah, he wanted to leave pretty much the entire staff in place and just install a head coach, which nobody but Zorn (I think) would cotton to doing. That's not going to be the case this time around.

So I think on the whole, getting people to come coach here -- like opening his wallet for free agents -- is among Snyder's few strengths as an NFL owner. I will stop talking about this now, because I loathe Dan Snyder and cannot understand why I find it so important to argue this one tiny point in his favo(u)r. Smacking myself in the back of the head with jm220's hammer...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Great. Offensive line is like a sieve, starting left tackle out for the week, and we go and re-sign an aging defensive lineman who hasn't played all year. Smart. Very smart. You asked for one word to describe the Redskins:

Suineg

(That's the opposite of genius)

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 12, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | October 12, 2009 2:39 PM |

Don't get your hopes up. While there might be more to spend in an uncapped year the rules of uncapping greatly restrict the availabililty of FA.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 12, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Hey Vinnie - How about an O Lineman? I think we might need one or two.

Posted by: dph60 | October 12, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse

++++++++++++
NateinthePDX wrote:

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ksquare | October 12, 2009 2:25 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | October 12, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

You are totally mis-informed about what the uncapped year will look like. There will be very little to zero quality talent available if 2010 goes uncapped. Players will have to have 6 years of service to be unrestricted free agents (so yes that means JC and Rogers will be RFA) meaning teams can keep players they otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford on much cheaper tenders than new contracts. On top of that teams get an extra franchise and transitional tender to use as well. So essentially nobody will hit the market unless a team just flat out doesn't want them which means it will be mostly old players whose performance was nowhere near their contract and they got cut. So this feeding frenzy idea of Redskins One being all of the country and us becoming the Yankees of the NFL is pretty far off. What it absolutely will help us do is add to the pile of those old vets by cutting all the crappy contracts we've built up for years if we want to and really start a youth movement/rebuilding without paying old injury prone veterans or having 6 or 7 players that its "cheaper to keep than to cut".

Posted by: zjfr2 | October 12, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Gotta love this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4553501

The Packers brought back Mark Tasucher - a 9-year vet who played OL for the Pack for years, but apparently was on the street until today.

Did the Redskins even give this formerly-reliable OT with a solid track record a look? Heck no. God forbid they pick up a bargain player to shore up a position of need who was good enough to block for a better offense. Nice scouting as usual, fellas.

Posted by: jcabana | October 12, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

I hope Snyder gets Herpes from Vinny.

Posted by: NYSkinsFan1 | October 12, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Whew... we would have been SCREWED if some other team had picked up Wynn.

Posted by: dfbovey | October 12, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Dan & Vinny = Tart & Shart.

Posted by: will_ga | October 12, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Except when he went undefeated at Auburn and won a national (co) championship.

Ownage.

Posted by: elfreako | October 12, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Only problem is, he didnt win a National Championship. It wasnt a Co-National Championship. USC won by defeating Oklahoma.

Ownage.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | October 12, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | October 12, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Nice scouting as usual, fellas.

Posted by: jcabana | October 12, 2009 2:46 PM |

Don't blame it on the scouting. See JJ's rant on the Fox pregame. Blame it on Rio.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 12, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

OK, each of you gets one word to describe the current state of the Redskins:

Posted by: isnadd | October 12, 2009 2:23 PM

Gigli

Posted by: 4-12 | October 12, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

You won't get the hot young prospects because in most cases their HC would tell them it is a no-win here. If it has to be Holmgren or Shanny, I'd take Holmgren. Heck at this point bring in Sonny as the GM and if Sam can put his drink down long enough let him coach! Could it be worse?

Posted by: clt_skins | October 12, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Jack, whom were you saying is totally misinformed about what the uncapped year will look like? I don't see anyone you quoted above making a claim to the effect that next year will be a free agent bonanza/smorgasbord or whatever. But I do believe that next offseason will see an unusually high amount of player movement due to the uncapped deal, and that it will be an ideal time to shed salary cap dead weight from future years, and that the Skins will take advantage of both. Would you disagree with that?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

isnadd,

Underdogs

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Deceased

Posted by: edvar | October 12, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

CONSISTENT!

and by that I mean they are consistent at disappointing.

Posted by: forever8-8 | October 12, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

____________________________

That's definitely what I see happening, although the only players who will become available in this scenario are players who are on the decline, or players who are disgruntled or bad fits for their organization.

So basically, it would be more of the same if the Redskins decide to go that route to fill needs.

Posted by: dfbovey | October 12, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

OK, each of you gets one word to describe the current state of the Redskins:

Posted by: isnadd | October 12, 2009 2:23 PM

FUBAR

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | October 12, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

With the offensive line the skins are planning to throw out there they should have added a 3rd, maybe even a 4th qb... whoever is back there is going to be hit hard and often. get ready ARE...

Posted by: Burrasta1 | October 12, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

I am a big fan of angry Nate!

Posted by: chrislarry | October 12, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

whoever wrote this:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yes I do agree there will be more movement than normal for sure, as I said, I think we will be one of those movers in that we will be dumping a lot of players in my mind the list is:
Griffen
Carter
Thomas
Rabach
Betts
Randel El
Smoot

Samuels
Portis
Moss
Landry

Now on that list I think the first set are definite gones and I think the second set needs to take a pay cut or it may be gone. CP and Moss are two of highest paid players at their positions in the league as is Landry, that's ludicrous and Samuels may be done. So yes there will be a ton of movement and we will be active, but there won't be this incredibly talented pool of players to draw from. More than likely will exchanged our trash for somebody else's cheaper trash.

Posted by: zjfr2 | October 12, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

how can so Manu people analyze Jason Campbell behind the lines we've had?

Campbell is 6th in comp%, behind peyton, favre, pennington( the all time leader)??

How is it Campbell's fault?

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Cerrated

Posted by: 3rdGenRFan | October 12, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

From RI: "Wynn Returns to Roster"

Hey, mebbe the Skins can wynn the rest of their games. You never know.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 12, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

OK, each of you gets one word to describe the current state of the Redskins:

Posted by: isnadd | October 12, 2009 2:23 PM

whatthefu**wasthat---- I think its German.

Posted by: Burrasta1 | October 12, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

CONSISTENCY

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 12, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Slumpbusters.

Kansas City come on down. We'll be glad to help you get that first win.

Posted by: skinswest | October 12, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

zjfr2,

I don't think Santana Moss is even in the top 10 paid players at his position. Not sure where you get your information.

Carter and Rabach probably aren't going anywhere. I doubt Moss and Landry will be either.

Portis is a definite possibility.

Posted by: dfbovey | October 12, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Campbell can't read a defense. He locks on a receiver and if he's covered......forget about it. The line up until yesterday hasn't been bad in pass protection. They can't run block but at least with Samuels he had time and wasn't getting sacked. Look at Rodgers in GB, he's on the turf all the time. This is not a new issue, regardless of how many coordinators or offensive schemes, JC can't read the defense, he gets confused and blows time outs.

Posted by: clt_skins | October 12, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Could someone talk me in off the ledge about Samuels' injury? Lisa, are you listening to DC radio on this? Anything forthcoming... I saw some scary notes on previous threads about something far more serious than a "stinger"...

I realize I'm not breaking news here, but any hopes we have for the remainder of the 2009 season rest on Chris' broad shoulders. If the neck and spine connected to those shoulders are compromised, we're effed...

I want to know how concerned I should be about the big fella, first for him and second for the team the rest of the way.

Ah, damn it. Now I'm ticked off about THIS too. Where's the good news, people? Give me something, please...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

fwiw, we do have a major youth movement going on at the moment.

Heyer, Williams, Montgomery, Kelly, Thomas, Mason, Jarmon, Orakpo and Tryon are all young guys who have seen at least some noteworthy PT this season.

Our OL is actually pretty young at the moment. Or inexperienced. Only Rabach and Dock have played significantly in the NFL.

Springs, Marcus, Jason Taylor, Kendall, Randy Thomas, Thrash and Jansen are among those from 2008 who now have a much younger guy filling their role. We'll see if Samuels gets added to that list.

When the team goes out to play KC, the only "old" starter might be London Fletcher.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 12, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

we will use the uncapped year to re-sign Campbell and Rodgers the 2 highest paid positions.

And we will bolster the line and improve tremendously.

Last year we beat the eagles with Samuels and Thomas out.

We're undefeated at home and we're at home against the Chiefs

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Why don't we just put Michael Oher at OT for Samuels... oh yeah, that's right, we didn't draft him last spring, the Ravens did.

Posted by: JinxMan | October 12, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Nate, there is no talking down right now, he has stenosis of the spine which is a narrowing of the spinal cavity for the cord, the stinger hit just right and he has numbness and is losing strength in his extremities, could be career ender but they don't know yet.....

Posted by: zjfr2 | October 12, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

@zjfr2: I agree with dfbovey; Landry isn't going anywhere. I think if Moss leaves, it'll be in a trade to a contender that's one WR short of a complete offense. I'd imagine that Portis, ARE, Sellers, Betts and Smoot are goners in an uncapped year, along with the entire starting O-line if ownership really does take the opportunity to clear house. 2010 could be BRUTAL.

Posted by: AppleScience | October 12, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

the Titans who lost Hayney 0-5
the Bucs who offered him more than we did 0-5

Those are facts people facts, try using them in your analyses

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

One word?
Rockbottom

OK,that's really 2 words. But perhaps, like an addict, they (Snyder) has to hit rock bottom before he turns it around, and stops doing what he was doing.

At the beginning of last year, I thought the Skins were well coached on offense. They executed plays well, especially in the run game. However, as the season wore on, they got worse, not better. Started missing blocks, QB did not know where receivers were, etc. At the time, I thought Zorn had put too much in and the offense was suffering because of it.

Preseason this year, the ominous sign was an inability to run the ball. Portis was getting stuffed, making 1 or 2 yards out of nothing. Regular season, same result, with the exception that he was able to break a few 10+ yarders. But... JC still doesn't know where to go with the ball. The second year receivers are playing like rookies -- FRED DAVIS, you HAVE to make a first down on that play. HAVE TO!

Now, they look like a offense that's confused, unsure of themselves, and tentative. Not a recipe for even "medium" in the NFL, more like disaster.

I don't think JZ is ready to be a head coach in the NFL. He did OK at the beginning of 08, but has been unable to change once defenses adapted to what he was doing. And I don't think that the offensive coaching staff is doing a good job with their players. Especially the receivers.

So, at the end of this diatribe, I have one more word to describe the Redskins this year. It's another twoparter...

TaylorMays!

Posted by: dpc2003 | October 12, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

WTF! The o line sucks and they bring back another d guy!!!

Posted by: jm220 | October 12, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: clt_skins

Campbell threw 6 incomplete passes all game. One of those incompletes, his longest throw of the game, was dropped.

Again, I know Campbell isn't a great QB, but how can he be the problem when he commits zero turnovers and completes 3/4 of his attempts?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 12, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

so bad no word in the current dictionary describes them. Therefore I'll make one up.

superawfuliculous

Posted by: pgugino | October 12, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

@zjfr2: I hadn't heard the stenosis diagnosis. I hope he gets better; he's one of the stand-up guys on the team and a bright spot on the field.

Posted by: AppleScience | October 12, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

clt, look at Rodgers in Green bay?

Last game they started with a 2nd string LT who got hurt and Allen had 4 sacks, caused a fumble that was returned for a TD

And they lost, great example

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Nate
the good news: the lines for the bathrooms at the stadium will be less because no one wants to go see this hopeless team

Posted by: connskins | October 12, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Where's the good news, people? Give me something, please...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 3:07 PM |

Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, Eric Berry, Taylor Mays, free agents, big checkbook, record bad enough to wipe the smugness out of Danny's attitude if we're lucky... all reasons for hope. The future is 2011 and beyond. Watch us reel of 12-14 wins in a row just as the flippin' world ends on Dec 21 2012.

Posted by: will_ga | October 12, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Nate this will never, ever work because its not Cerrato. Cerrato is just the scape goat, the hapless fall guy, that's his job to take as much flak for his boss as possible. Its Snyder. Snyder ***IS THE PROBLEM*** always has been the problem, you remember the same guy who literally tried to force Norv Turner to start Jeff George, and then was told Norv had that say because it was in his contract? THAT GUY!

Posted by: periculum | October 12, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

And we will bolster the line and improve tremendously.

Last year we beat the eagles with Samuels and Thomas out.

We're undefeated at home and we're at home against the Chiefs

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

and the crazy kool-aid drinker has checked in for today.....

Posted by: zjfr2 | October 12, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Nice scouting as usual, fellas.

Posted by: jcabana | October 12, 2009 2:46 PM |

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 12, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Rio? The Duran Duran song???

Posted by: jcabana | October 12, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

"And we will bolster the line and improve tremendously.

Last year we beat the eagles with Samuels and Thomas out.

We're undefeated at home and we're at home against the Chiefs

(...)

the Titans who lost Hayney 0-5
the Bucs who offered him more than we did 0-5

Those are facts people facts, try using them in your analyses"

Posted by: pabrian2003

I have one word for Pabrian2003:

Delusional

Posted by: hithere1 | October 12, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

"Campbell can't read a defense. He locks on a receiver and if he's covered......forget about it."

Just FYI, if you believe anything Zorn says, this is the exact opposite of his problem.

Campbell's biggest issue, particularly stemming from the TB game, is that he moves on too quickly from his first read, and doesn't allow the route to develop long enough.

If you believe anything Zorn says...

Of course, you'll probably still see people claiming locks in on one receiver AND dumps the ball off too quickly all at the same time. Lord knows we've seen that argument time and again up here.

Posted by: psps23 | October 12, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Not saying he is the only problem but the O line that is patchwork has up until yesterday given him time. I'm saying he misses open receivers because he locks on like a radar. This week, he's going to get bounced around without Samuels. He is the product of the disfunctional offense - Zorns passing game and the remnants of Gibbs running game. It a no coast offense.

Posted by: clt_skins | October 12, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Before blaming Campbell, blaming Zorn, blaming Cerrato. Blame Snyder first because it is definitely ALL ON HIM!

Posted by: periculum | October 12, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

And we will bolster the line and improve tremendously.

Last year we beat the eagles with Samuels and Thomas out.

We're undefeated at home and we're at home against the Chiefs

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

and the crazy kool-aid drinker has checked in for today.....

Posted by: zjfr2

I actually thought he was joking. Maybe he's being held hostage by Barno.

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | October 12, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Gotta love this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4553501

Posted by: jcabana | October 12, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

I don't think you can fault the FO on tauscher, Green Bay hadn't signed him yet because he was still rehabbing from a Knee INjury, and even though he is now on the active roster, it will probably be week 7 or 8 before he's ready to play.

Posted by: Veretax | October 12, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Devin Thomas got tackled before the ball hit his hands it was an ankle tackle, so the refs didn't call it.

They took away Orakpo's sack and then showed us a frame with a blue line, but not the ball? Highly suspicious.

Then the lining up in the backfield on Batiste negating a third down conversion

Didn't we all pretty much count @Carolina as a loss? Stop feeling out and be men about yourselves.

We need to make up 1 or 2 games

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Campbell's problem is that deep down he really wants to blow this circus of a popsicle stand. And can you blame him?

Posted by: periculum | October 12, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

The DHall play at the end of the game was indicative of what is plaguing this team this season. Nobody can play a complete game. DHall had a hell of a game leading up to that play, even in the tackling department, where he laid a crucial hit on the goal line stand to keep the RB out of the endzone on 3rd down.

But when it mattered most, when the game was on the line, and when it was a SIMPLE play that needed to be made, he looked like a JV football player.

It happens with the entire team. Half the game looks brilliant, the other half looks like it's being played by a bunch of 12 year olds.

And that's what makes it so frustrating.

Posted by: psps23 | October 12, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

NateinPDX.

I disagree on the player movement in the uncapped year. Most of the good players that were scheduled to be unrestricted free agents will not be as it now takes 6 years of service as opposed to 5. I believe CNNSI had a list of projected 2010 Free agents and there was no one good on the list due to the additional year. You may see high priced under achieving vets get released as teams can take the cap hit without worry but isn't that how this mess got started?

Bottom line is that the Skins will not be good for at least 3 years as it is going to take several drafts to rebuild the Oline and draft a starter caliber Qb. Also need receivers a Portis replacement. A couple of new corners and some linebackers as well. Outside of maybe 5 total starters the rest of the players are older high priced guys on the downside of their careers. The only decent players on the team that can be counted on for the future is Cooley, Orakpo(if put at right spot), Haynesworth(if he lays off the cheeseburgers and works out a little), Dockery and Landry.

Posted by: srobert1117 | October 12, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 3:07 PM

WR-TE-WR had almost 20% of their career production in yesterday's game!

Posted by: 4-12 | October 12, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

We need to make up 1 or 2 games
Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009

Well, the good news is your hero Portis scored 2 TDs. He did the unheard of? He caught a TD pass. He only had 57 yards again ... bug hey should have won just because of that .. shouldn't they?

Posted by: periculum | October 12, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Last week, pabrian2003 said we were fine because of our 2-2 record. The Steelers, he said, had a 2-2 record, also.

This week pabrian 2003 is comparing favorably to the 0-5 Titans and the 0-5 Bucaneers. Now, this is certainly more realistic company for our 2-3 Redskins than the Steelers (now 3-2). And I agree, for now the Redskins are better than those two teams. But Mr. pabrian2003, I call your attention to the following numbers:

The Redskins 2 wins came against currently winless teams.
2 losses came against previously winless teams.
3-9 dating back to last season.
Team is averaging 14.6 points a game this season. Offense is averaging 13.2 points a game (i.e. throw out the Hunter Smith TD against Giants).
Not a single 100 yard rushing game by any back on the roster this season.
Have not scored 30 points at any time during the Zorn "era."
Campbell sacked 5 times; hurried 4 times; hit 3 times against Carolina.

So pabrian2003, let the spinning begin! Talk to us now about how great the Redskins are this season. While keeping straight face!

Posted by: hithere1 | October 12, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Jack... fingers crossed for big Chris.

connskins, the problem with that is that the fans who do stick it out at the stadium will be drinking much more heavily, to self-medicate the pain away, so there will be more pee pee trips per patron (PPTPP), so I think the net effect is a wash, so to speak.

will_ga, pardon me if I refuse to hang my hat and hopes on any kid QB.

periculum, maybe I wasn't clear enough in stating "a fan can dream" in my fantastic Cerrato-subtraction scenario...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Snyder-ific?

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | October 12, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Or maybe I'm not a cry baby fair weather fan. Maybe I'm a reasonable and positive fan, not a freak out and bail out at the first sign of adversity.

When we were 5-6 in 2005, guess who didn't bail out.

There are enough cry baby wanna be GMs here

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Veretax | October 12, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Don't worry, they will address the O-line in the off season.
Did I dream that?

Posted by: jmy999 | October 12, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Gosh, it seems like just the other day I was thinking to myself, "Good riddance, Renaldo Wynn!"

And here we are today welcoming him back to the Redskins... or whatever to opposite of welcoming someone back is.

Where have you gone, Todd Wade? Redskin Nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

hit here don't put words on my page that I didn't write, please an thank you

Teams who lost Haynesworth 0-5, team who got him 2-3, fact

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

One word to described Redskins. WTF

Posted by: classicskins | October 12, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

pabrian2003 is an excuse machine.

Posted by: chrislarry | October 12, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

hopefully Snyder will not figure out what PPTPP actually is, because if he realizes this he will charge a fee for the PPTPP

Posted by: connskins | October 12, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

hit here, clearly our I line needs help, not ou QB or RB.

One of the 'winless teams' we lost to is the 5-0 Giants, now that is a spin.

I had us going 3-2, we're 2-3

If all you nay Sayers jump off a bridge I will not follow. Call me crazy.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

And we will bolster the line and improve tremendously.

Last year we beat the eagles with Samuels and Thomas out.

We're undefeated at home and we're at home against the Chiefs

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:08 PM

You wrote that

Posted by: hithere1 | October 12, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Coach Danny Smith of Special Teams has a new play for punt returns, throw people into the returner. Thanks NFL Referees you made our Special Teams special again.

Posted by: classicskins | October 12, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

the Titans who lost Hayney 0-5
the Bucs who offered him more than we did 0-5

Those are facts people facts, try using them in your analyses

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:11 PM

You wrote that

Posted by: hithere1 | October 12, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

I'm positive and I stick to the facts, call me what you want.

Your a complaint machine

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

And that's what makes it so frustrating.

Posted by: psps23 | October 12, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

___________________________

Maybe if the league didn't coddle quarterbacks, Hall wouldn't have been so tentative in how he went after Delhomme on that play. You can't tackle them below the waist, can't go high. So it's not surprising at all to me that he was able to slip by. Hall hesitated and it wouldn't shock me if all that was going through his head when he saw Delhomme coming at him.

Starting to hate this league.

Posted by: dfbovey | October 12, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

So pabrian2003, are you or are you not comparing the 2-3 Redskins to the 0-5 Bucs and 0-5 Titans?

the evidence says you are. I agree with you that the Redskins are better than these two 0-5 teams.

But that doesn't mean the Redskins are any good.

Better than an 0-5 team? Not a very high benchmark. If that is enough for you, good on ya. Not good enough for me, so I will call it like I see it: the team is in complete disarray and we face long, losing season.

Posted by: hithere1 | October 12, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

"You too can own a Pabrian2003! This amazing device spits out excuses, rationalizations and when needed little white lies at a moments notice. Late for work? Big assignment not ready? Cheat on your spouse? No worries, just feed it to the Pabrian2003 and get back the answer you need! We are not promising they will work, but you will feel better in the short term. For only a single $199.99 payment and then a monthly subscription fee of $19.99 be the master of your excuses!"

* BS inc. not responsible for firings, flunkings, divorces or other calamities resulting from resuts used from the Pabrian2003.

Posted by: chrislarry | October 12, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

I think the Aaron Rodgers/Packer comparison has some merit. The Packers are 2-2. Talent-wise, they are very good -- except the OL. One win came because Cutler threw 4 picks and they beat StL.

They would rival Minnesota with a good OL. Instead of 3-1 or 4-0, they are 2-2 -- with a similar weakness as the Skins. Though they went out and got a vet OL to help. What a thought!!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 12, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

I'm positive and I stick to the facts, call me what you want.

Your a complaint machine

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

____________________

Rah Ra! Be a cheerleader if you want to. This team has given the fanbase plenty to complain about.

Posted by: dfbovey | October 12, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

OK, each of you gets one word to describe the current state of the Redskins:

Posted by: isnadd | October 12, 2009 2:23 PM

Money-making-machine-for-owner

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 12, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

When we were 5-6 in 2005, guess who didn't bail out.

There are enough cry baby wanna be GMs here

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

and what you got in 2005 was a barely crawl into the playoffs, a wild card win that set offensive football back 20 years (120 some yards of offense at Tampa), we then got debacled at Seattle and went 5-11 in 2006 with another offseason of wild spending and questionable decisions. But you keep the faith buddy, me until Snyder steps back to just signing the checks and Vinny is in charge of jiggling Danny's special area only will I have any hope that this team has a shot of being respectable again.

Posted by: zjfr2 | October 12, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Ok pabrian, you say you stick to the facts. You like facts, you love facts, you might someday marry facts and have lots of facty children.

So here are some facts:

The Redskins 2 wins came against currently winless teams.
2 losses came against previously winless teams.
3-9 dating back to last season.
Not a single 100 yard rushing game by any back on the roster this season.
Have not scored 30 points at any time during the Zorn "era."
Campbell sacked 5 times; hurried 4 times; hit 3 times against Carolina.

Are these complaints? No, silly! They are facts.

Posted by: hithere1 | October 12, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

I'm positive and I stick to the facts, call me what you want.

Your a complaint machine

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

I choose to call you a giant d0uche.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 12, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Funny stuff cl.....has a Billy Mays (RIP) ring to it.

Posted by: ksquare | October 12, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

peri, he only had 57 yards, wah. He had 2 TDs. He had more yards than d Williams, stewart, barber

Don't be so shallow, 90+ carries 0 fumbles

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Anyone know if John Runyon (OT) is still available. Sounds like this Samuels thing could be quite serious and long term, and Heyer doesn't seem like he can handle the left tackle position long term. (or even short term, for that matter).

Posted by: wagman1 | October 12, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wagman1 | October 12, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

___________________

I thought he had re-signed with the Eagles but didn't see him on their roster.

Posted by: dfbovey | October 12, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

our oline is horrid, good thing we drafted chad rinehart ^_^

Posted by: BMACattack | October 12, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Only the incompetent Deadskins would add a defensive end when they loose an offensive tackle due to injury. When the team needed help on the offensive line in the off season, what did they do, they added the highest priced overweight lineman they could find and paid out the nose for a CB even the Raiders didn't want. They've drafted the fewest offensive lineman of ANY team in the NFL over the past 10 years, and continue to scratch their head as to why their pathetic excuse for a franchise continues to flounder.

HELLO MORONS!!!! The Deadskins won three Super Bowls because of the Hogs, and just about every team that has won a super bowl can point to one or two incredibly talented offensive linemen that made it possible for them to win championships. The reason the Giants are so good right now is that they were willing to go through the growing pains of a young offensive line until they were a strong, experienced, cohesive unit. Now, they probably have the best O-line in football any only need 175 yard passing game from their QB to blow out an opponent.

Snyder and his cronies just will NEVER get it, yet moronic Deadskin fans continue to support this whithering franchise as Danny-boy flushes your hard-earned money down the toilet. For all you silly Deadskin fans out there all I have to say is, I'm sorry, but unfortunately your team will never be any better, and will soon be a laughingstock of the league like the Raiders, Browns, and Lions.

Posted by: Russtinator | October 12, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

will_ga, pardon me if I refuse to hang my hat and hopes on any kid QB.

I understand, believe me I do. For every Joe Flacco & Matt Ryan there's a Tim Couch & a Ryan Leaf. Maybe we could get a decent college guy to help coach our QB up. You know find some old ball coach to help him pitch & catch. Someone who won't get too stressed & spend all day at the office & get burned out. Maybe someone who can wind down with a round or two of golf to help him keep his priorities in order. Or would that not be a good idea?

Posted by: will_ga | October 12, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

So, I broke my arm this weekend and decided to get a new pair of shoes to "fix" the problem.

Surprise! I didn't work.

Posted by: NYSkinsFan1 | October 12, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Pissinator, I always find it clever when people say Deadskins. Good job.

Posted by: dfbovey | October 12, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Russ, your illuminating perspective has been a godsend.

I think the Bandit said it best, asking Sherriff Buford T. Justice:

Do the letters F.O. mean anything to you?

Posted by: ksquare | October 12, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Just about every offensive line coach I've heard of says that the players need to play together to have continuity. They need to know what the guy next to them is going to do in every situation. I don't know how this factors into Mike Williams getting three days to prepare for the game at a position he's never played, but it smells, no reeks, of stupidity.

Rhinehart started for one and a half games. Then yesterday he was inactive, and D'Anthony Batiste was active. This doesn't sound right, either. How can a guy start and then be demoted to inactive on game day? Wouldn't it have been nice if they could have inserted him at right guard, shifted Williams over to right tackle and plugged Heyer in at left tackle yesterday?

Now we have Samuels out for next week (and I'm sorry for joking about it earlier because, after reading about it, I find this stenosis thing could be career ending if he has done some damage). The smart team would have looked around for a veteran offensive tackle or worked up a trade for one. Barring that, activating the guy on the developmental roster could have been a good move. Instead, the team unwisely re-signs an ancient defensive lineman who was not good enough to be active on game day.

The offensive line play isn't solely about talent. There have been some terrible decisions made regarding the offensive line: not drafting an offensive tackle, cutting Bridges, keeping Williams, settling on Heyer instead of signing a veteran free agent, game day actives and inactives, and now not bolstering the line with a free agent signing. They act like offensive linemen are plug-n-play but they are not. Part of the Giants and the Patriots success is the continuity they have had on the offensive line. This obvious fact just seems to escape the Redskins.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 12, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Actually, I feel bad for you, pabrian2003. I used to stick up for Ceratto and Snyder (kind of). Before this season I was really optimistic for a 10-6 or 11-5 record, and I thought that Zorn's offense would be "bombs over Bahgdad," to quote Clinton Portis.

Then we scored 9 points against St. Louis. I felt something was wrong.

Then, we lost to Detroit. I knew something was wrong.

Now, I just enjoy sparring with others about just how bad the Redskins are. It's a lot more fun than the games, which I know because I still watch every second of them. Hoping, but knowing.

Posted by: hithere1 | October 12, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Nice CL. I've heard the 2003 model pabrian had all sorts of problems.

Posted by: mack1 | October 12, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

will_ga, I'm really warming up to this idea now. Yes, yes, if we could just find that special someone, someone with the gentle touch of a wise mentor... ideally someone who'd been there himself, someone who'd spent time playing QB behind awful offfensive lines, scrambling for his life, making lemony poop out of the lemons life give hims...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

hit here, I know you love dogging the skins. Your a great fan!

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

@Nate: Archie Manning is enjoying his TV spots with his sons too much to work for Snidely ;)

Posted by: AppleScience | October 12, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

I'm getting so much attention. Its almost like you guys have ADD.

Problems:
Snyder
cerrato
O line

Stay focused guys. Portis' and Campbell aren't the problem.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

isnadd,

Anti-priapic.

Posted by: freakzilla | October 12, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

@pabrian: Look bro, I know you love the team; I do too, despite a decade of blatant mismanagement. The RI faithful and us rare-posting lurkers, we're like the dopey-ass husband that keeps coming back to his cheating wife hoping that this will be the last time. Its not unreasonable to point how bad the situation has gotten and the fact that it in no way looks better than it did this time last year. At some point, criticism isn't dogging the team, its simply telling the truth.

Posted by: AppleScience | October 12, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Apple, so Archie Manning is unlikely to be available... and that guy who fits the bill so well, who used to scramble around for that expansion team in Seattle, I think we can count on mitigating circumstances preventing him from being in the mix... I dunno, maybe we can find some other goofy old dude to aw-shucks his way through mentoring our hypothetical kid QB. Will have to think on it some more.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

pabrian,

peri, he only had 57 yards, wah. He had 2 TDs.

Actually I don't mind the 57 yards ... the TD catch pretty much is what I was looking for. 2 TD's bonus!!!

Yep, Portis appears to have lost his fumble-itis. But that could also be a sign that he is no longer fighting for those extra yards as he used to when Gibbs first started up again. That is what usually causes fumbles ... I'm not sure that is a positive sign where running backs are concerned.

However, what I asked was why didn't they win. Portis had what amounts to a pretty fair game and they still didn't win ... why?

Posted by: periculum | October 12, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

i supsect pabrian likes to gobble up "loads" from danny and vinny like it's water.....

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 12, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

I feel the pain when we lose, too. Then I suck it up and move forward, like a man.

When we are mathematically eliminated I'll be the first to admit it.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

peri, Portis never had fumbleitis. Check the stats

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

OK, each of you gets one word to describe the current state of the Redskins:

Posted by: isnadd | October 12, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Predicatable.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 12, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Russtinator,

Why are you calling us morons? We have said everything you said above but way before you posted, go look back. It is you who is the moron.

Posted by: FloridaCapsFan | October 12, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Just read what Rock said. I'm sorry but he really is delusional and I'm afraid the entire team is as well. (Well at least Carlos isn't.) How many more excuses can they come up with? Sorry Rock, yes, this team is not 0-5 but they could easily be. And what's up with the players now calling out all the fans, it's so wrong... they should be very happy they still have fans.

All the excuses they make every week really blow my mind, I'm really looking forward to how many more they can make this week.

Posted by: rachel216 | October 12, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

isnadd,
Anti-priapic.
Posted by: freakzilla

The Anti-freak-zilla Prius pencil neck:
Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band.

Posted by: periculum | October 12, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Russtinator | October 12, 2009 3:48 PM

We appreciate your concern. Really.

Posted by: saltine182 | October 12, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

I'm getting so much attention. Its almost like you guys have ADD.

Problems:
Snyder
cerrato
O line

Stay focused guys. Portis' and Campbell aren't the problem.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

I think most reasonably intelligent football fans would agree. I still think we earn the right to sit here and bash these guys. We continue to get the same results year after years due to the completely incompetent owner and FO.

Posted by: NYSkinsFan1 | October 12, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

And that's what makes it so frustrating.

Posted by: psps23 | October 12, 2009 3:24 PM |

But when we was trying to tell you that about JC17, you were blinded...

Hilarious!

(JC17 on 106.7 now)

DHalll is the furthest thing to discuss. And that was 4th down play DHall stopped the RB on.

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 12, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

apple, the only truth is 2-3

When we were 5-6 in 2005, I didn't think we were going to win 5 in a row, but I knew we weren't out of it yet.

Sure enough 1 week at a time we made it

Save the incessant complaining for when we're truly out of it, chances are it'll happen soon enough

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Prozac

Posted by: p1funk | October 12, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

if you wanna bash bash the right guys

Danny and vinny

Not portis', Campbell, and zorn

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

What the F is this...Why resign Wynn, when we have needs at OL, fill in with Jarmon and sign an experienced an OL...this seems ridiculous and stupid, If Zorn did this, This speaks volumes to me!!!

Zorn = Going Full Retard

Posted by: mhartz1 | October 12, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

my guess is that it won't be too long before Danny starts feeling the pain. Yes, he has a waiting list for tix and he has done a lot of merchandising.

But ..

I'm guessing renewals will be down, due to recession, the team's lack of competitiveness and the game day experience at FedEx. The team will lose jersey and merchandise sales because fewer will buy that stuff. Realistically, whose jersey do you buy in 2009?

It will be tough to increase, or perhaps even maintain ticket prices if you can buy tix for about face value on the street for most games. I expect we'll see more empty seats as the year continues. Big stadiums don't fill up so easily when the team is 4-8.

On top of it, it seems like Danny's other investments aren't doing that well.

The Skins may be a valuable asset, but this team could see financial challenges it hasn't faced in a very long time.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 12, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Playoffs? Don't talk to me about playoffs!

Posted by: FloridaCapsFan | October 12, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

When we are mathematically eliminated I'll be the first to admit it.

Posted by: pabrian2003

No, I think some ass-eyed ex-player none of us have ever heard of, or his broadcast partner, some middle-aged schlub with a bad hairpiece, will loudly proclaim this news late in the fourth quarter of our eleventh or twelfth game.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Stats checking for pabrian2003 once again ... sigh ...

Leetzzz see:

2004 5 fumbles, 4 lost with 5 TDs.
(It was considered a bit of a problem then.)
2007 6 fumbles, 3 lost with 11 TDs.

Posted by: periculum | October 12, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Wait a minute, D. Hall missed more than just that one tackle at the end of the game, didnt he miss another 3rd down tackle on J. Stewart, where Stewart wiggled for another yard to get the first, D. Hall was too busy tackling/ I mean laying down beside him to really put a hat on him to stop the play...

Posted by: mhartz1 | October 12, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

If all you nay Sayers jump off a bridge I will not follow. Call me crazy.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

It's London Bridge we're jumping off of...but you're free to stand pat.

And with fans like you, Danny has no incentive to create a winning team.

Posted by: p1funk | October 12, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Part of the problem, pabrian, is that I'm thirty years old and this team has sucked, almost year in and year out, for half of my life. At some point, they lose the benefit of the doubt.

I can't imagine how much more magnified it is for 'Skins fans like my Dad who have much more vivid memories of better days and can remember the dreadful days pre-George Allen.

Posted by: AppleScience | October 12, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

zcezcest1,

Let's hope you're right. That is the only way we will get meaningful change.

Posted by: FloridaCapsFan | October 12, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

zilla, apologies, but you're trying too hard with "anti-priapic". How 'bout

flaccid

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

I'd do a pft post, but its too depressing right now.....4th what is jc sayin...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 12, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

REDSKINS CREATE NEW FOX REALITY TV SHOW: Quarterback Survivor!

Vinnie Cerrato, infamous architect of the yearly Redskin implosion, has teamed up with FOX to create a new reality event made for primetime: "Quarterback Survivor!"

A pool of 25 wannabee quarterbacks aged 25 to 35 are given the opportunity of a lifetime - to take snaps under center for the Washington Redskins!

Contest rules:

1. You have to stay medium. You can be exciting or appear to command a presence on the field.

2. You have to take the ball directly from the center - being in the shotgun provides you too much opportunity to avoid the pass rush.

3. If you call a timeout for any reason you will be disqualified. Remember, only the coaches are allowed to burn up the timeouts before you'd need them in the 4th quarter.

4. Throwing interceptions is not a problem. You will be given every opportunity to throw three in a game and you won't get yanked. Your coach will stay medium with you.

5. If you are injured and cannot continue, you will be disqualified. Breaking a leg or arm is not an excuse to why you didn't evade pass rushes.

6. In this West Coast Offense you will be permitted to throw 1 and 2 yard completions. Throwing for a 40 yarder isn't medium enough!

7. Your coach was a former quarterback and he'll coach you up real good - he may not know about the playoffs, but he'll school you in the fine points of looking like a quarterback even as you are mocked and sneered by fans and pundits.

8. You will need to be able to run and run quickly - staying medium on speed won't work. Pass Rushes will be furious and you'll be their target. Staying medium here gets you disqualified even though your coach wants you to stay medium.

9. Did I mention you will be blitzed on every down and you'll spend more time on your back with a three hundred pound man than someone in prison?

10. Roughing the passer? You wish. You would have to get rid of the ball first. Now shut up and let the coach stay medium.

Posted by: laserwizard | October 12, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

But when we was trying to tell you that about JC17, you were blinded...

Hilarious!

(JC17 on 106.7 now)

Posted by: 4thFloor

----------------

Um, no I wasn't.

I just wasn't being shortsighted and blaming it all on one person, unlike the vocal majority up here. Numerous times I put JC17 to task, giving him his due criticism. But the offense, defense, and team in general as FAR bigger issues than the QB position.

It is everybody. DHall included. People are finally beginning to realize it.

And it was the 3rd down play that DHall stopped. The 4th down play went over right guard, and was a pile of bodies, starting at the interior of the line, that refused to give way.

Posted by: psps23 | October 12, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 12, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

The only truly bad game that DHall has had was the Giants game where he muffed that sideline tackle on Manningham.

He's the only consistent source of INTs in the secondary, and we all knew he wasn't going to be a tackling machine.

Still, it's got to be pretty emasculating to get dragged past the 1st down marker by the likes of Jake Delhomme.

Posted by: p1funk | October 12, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Correction to point one - it should read:

You have to stay medium. You CAN'T be exciting or appear to command a presence on the field.

Posted by: laserwizard | October 12, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

The one word to describe the Redskins that comes to my mind is "dysfunctional".

Posted by: FloridaCapsFan | October 12, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

doh

(as in homer S.)

Posted by: mul123 | October 12, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I blame all the 'Skins woes on Obama. He's turned the 'Skins into a socialist, nazi regime.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 12, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Greg how could you be depressed? You spent the weekend in the woods?

You didn't find that PFT on the super secret Urban Meyer dinner meeting in Charlotte Saturday night, apparently Gibbs was there to help sell the job!

Posted by: ksquare | October 12, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

if you wanna bash bash the right guys

Danny and vinny

Not portis', Campbell, and zorn

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Danny - Terrible
Vinny - Horrible
Zorn - Over his head, but not his fault.
Campbell - Good, but not good enough to overcome other shortcomings.
Portis - Underachiever, past his prime, overrated.

Posted by: NYSkinsFan1 | October 12, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

D.Hall should be getting dumped on for getting juked by Delhomme 5 yards short of the 1st down marker, once he grabbed Delhomme he did have him stopped short until another Skin (??) dove and tackled him forward for the 1st down.

Portis would have had more yards and been able to control the clock more if the Def. & ST hadn't given us the ball on their 13 and 1 yard line. Those are good problems to have, but doesn't really get the offense into a flow.

Posted by: mrlowery1 | October 12, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Redskins just announced on WDAN that they are hiring.

Position: Line player (offense, defense, doesn't matter)

Physical Req: Move in one direction, preferably forward, when everyone else does.

Salary: In the mail.

Note: Don't tell Coach Zorn.

Posted by: tslats | October 12, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

I recall Blache talking about Jim Johnson, the late DC in philly. Blache said that Johnson knew how to bring pressure and stay solid behind it. Doing both was hard to do.

vs Carolina, it struck me how few times they blitzed -- they got loads of pressure with 4 guys. Pressure up front and solid behind that. So much easier when you only need 4 guys to create pressure.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 12, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I still like JC. I think he will be here next year because after he gets his knee popped out again in week 10, Dan will see Todd ball is not the answer.

Also with no Samules we 'have' to pick OL with our first pick of the draft. hahahhahahha

Posted by: mul123 | October 12, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

"Only an incompetent poster tries to demean and insult fans of other teams and misuse verbs.

We appreciate your concern. Really."

....except I'm not the one feeding this incompetent franchise money. I used to love this team after the Ursay's moved the Colts. I casually supported both teams (Ravens and 'Skins) until Snyder bought the 'Skins, seeing the greed and ignorance from Snyder's first full season, and have been bleeding purple ever since. I would recommend anyone who feeds this monster they call a football team to really think twice where their money is going. You morons that continue to feed this beast and whine about it on message boards, complaining to posters who are trying to point out the patheticness of this franchise just don't get it. The only way to affect change is to speak up, and in this case, the best way to be heard is through your wallet.

Posted by: Russtinator | October 12, 2009 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Everyone is bashing DHall for the missed tackle on Jake Delhomme but who here thought we could've scored a TD with 1 minute to go anyway? So who cares? If not for Hall we wouldn't even have that last TD.

Posted by: rachel216 | October 12, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

zilla, apologies, but you're trying too hard with "anti-priapic". How 'bout

flaccid

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 4:23 PM

I stand by my word choice, Nate.

Flaccid is a state of being, if you will, with the potential for change.

My word implies the active prevention of said change.

Posted by: freakzilla | October 12, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Hmm, we have the wrong scheme for our personnel, we can't call plays that exploit the weaknesses of the defensive scheme, and our offensive line sucks. How do we fix it?

1. Stop mentioning the words WCO. Our offense barely resembles a WCO and when it tries it fails miserably. We don't have the personnel for it. We need to run a coryell offense. Portis, Cooley, and JC do not fit a WCO.

2. Sign a tackle. Levi Jones can play Right tackle and Langston Walker could probably still play. Get one of them or both of them. Sign them to short 1 or 2 year contracts and draft tackles with the first and second round picks next year. The 2010 draft is deep with tackles. Keep BMW around as a guard along with Dockery and replace them when we can.

3. Hire a real play caller. I'm sure there is an out of work offensive coordinator that was really great at calling plays but failed as a head coach. Find this person and hire them.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 12, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

If not for Hall we wouldn't know how cool neck tattoo's are.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 12, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

4th what is jc sayin...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 12, 2009 4:23 PM

JC said don't worry and we have to be prepared for the moment when we/they hit it big.

Re: Game - Blah Blah Blah

About the Sellers vs. Portis thing. He's mad it got out the locker room. He said it's even more burdensome on the team when stuff like that gets out when the team already handles it internally. And that's was it.

Dukes told JC17 he will be successful, but not with this team. And we he gets his big money in the offseason, take it from anybody but Oakland.

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 12, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | October 12, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Completely agree. Getting out from under the "can't cut this guy" yoke is the opportunity an uncapped 2010 presents. I certainly hope we use it.

PS Repeat after me "We DON"T WANT SAM BRADFORD". He is thin, not overly mobile, another system product, and has, until this year, played behind a fortress of an offensive line. QB is not the most pressing need on the Redskins. We need Beef up front, and a SSL to free Orakpo. Every thing else is a distant second.

It it was me (and it isn't) I would draft all OL and 1 LB and call it a day. In 2011, I would grab another heaping helping of Olinemen (2-3 in early rounds) along with other needs at that time.

The Redskins will continue to SUCK until they have a top tier line regardless of HC, QB, skill players, or defense. Once they start remaking the line, there will be growing pains... then magic.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 12, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 12, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

One problem zcezcest1, tauscher is coming back from a Knee Injury suffered last year. Even if the packers had signed him earlier he still wouldn't have been able to practice till this week. He likely won't be game ready for another 3-4 weeks mark it down.

Posted by: Veretax | October 12, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

How many new OL do we need next year? I count 4? Two draft and two FA.

FYI

I have been unable to kill any mice for 9 months. They keep outsmarting me (although one trapped itself in a ceral box). I just saw the next gen walking in the kitchen. I could be the next GM.

Posted by: mul123 | October 12, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

All im asking is one thing.... I dont hate DAN.... He maybe DUMB when it comes to football but he has spent billions to TRY and get skins to SUPERBOWL.. U have to give him credit for that... BUT PLEASE!!!!! If you fire Zorn.. PLEASE FIRE CERRATO too... And I wouldnt mind Greg Blache being fired in that same darn meeting...Cause technically i think the defense could be ALOT better they are just barely holding on..

Posted by: cocodc1 | October 12, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Last year we beat the eagles with Samuels and Thomas out.

We're undefeated at home and we're at home against the Chiefs

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

LOL, wow, you're a moron. Last yr against the Eagles the depth at Oline was better then it is now. Last yr against the Eagles, the depth at Oline were better run blockers. Last yr against the Eagles, teams still didn't know how to attack Zorn's "schemes". Last yr against the Eagles, the D was more disciplined and not having a rookie DE trying to play LB and covering TE's. But I'm sure last yr against the Eagles you were still an idiot, so some things haven't changed.

Posted by: ga8085 | October 12, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

mul123, we have two kittens, and I still ended up getting a quad of classic traps. Fortunately I'd seen the bigger mice enough times to know their habbits, so i planted the traps (no bait needed) flush with the wall and came back one day and wam got the last one ;) My kittens caught the other three :D

Posted by: Veretax | October 12, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cocodc1

We need some anti vinny chants and the KC game.

Posted by: mul123 | October 12, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | October 12, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Wise words....see the NY Jets for an example. Sanchez is going to be a good one, no doubt.

But two years ago they drafted Nick Mangold (Center), DeBrickshaw Ferguson (Left Tackle), Kareem McKenzie (Right Tackle- FA Giants). This year they added Alan Faneca (Guard FA- Pittsburgh).

BOOM!

Posted by: ksquare | October 12, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rachel216

we need 3 points to tie.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 12, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Veretax

I will try that. I got new easy to set traps so I can't do that now. But I will get some classic traps tues.

Posted by: mul123 | October 12, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

I dont know if anyone has done this yet but here is my prediction of who will not be on this team next year.

Defense

Thomas
Rabach
ARE
Yoder
Rock
Betts

I would love to say Portis but his contract, noone will want him, but with next year being a non-cap year, couldnt we just release him and not have to take a hit?

Posted by: dank32 | October 12, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

How many new OL do we need next year? I count 4? Two draft and two FA.

FYI

Posted by: mul123 | October 12, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

If you are talking about starters then yes we need 4, actual additions to the roster we need 7. We need two starters at tackle (love Chris Samuels, arguably our best draft pick ever, but it is time to move on for his life/health and our team) we need at least 1 backup, we need a guard, a center, and at least one more backup at guard and probably one at center too. Dockery the only returning starter, and Rhino and Heyer the only returners and they as backups, purge the rest of the trash.......

Posted by: zjfr2 | October 12, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AppleScience

Sounds like a personal problem. I'm 36 I remember, George allen not winning any super bowls, and Gibbs and his Dynasty. I remember when they instituted the salary cap and parity scheduling,2 things JKC,Gibbs, and Allen did not have to deal with.

talent has been vastly equalized

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Veretax

and we've done what ...?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 12, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Oh yes for hopeful thinkers (lockout 2011) so 2012 will be our chance at redemption.

D hall needs to learn how to tackle. point blank

Posted by: mul123 | October 12, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

It is everybody. DHall included. People are finally beginning to realize it.

Posted by: psps23 | October 12, 2009 4:25 PM

Dude...I re-read your posts. And I don't read it like that. Because if what you wrote is true, it would have been written like this after the Detriot game.

You're right. He stopped him on the 3rd down play, not the 4th.

I was just surprise to see you call out DHall. HE had a mixed game, but come the F on? We would have gotten the ball back with 1:20 left. There were no gaureentees we would have scored and never have in that situation. NEVER in the past 2 years.

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 12, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 12, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

I like the way you think son.

Posted by: ga8085 | October 12, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Last year we beat the eagles with Samuels and Thomas out.

We're undefeated at home and we're at home against the Chiefs

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ga8085

last year against the Eagles I will speculate that your we're crying, just like now...wah!

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Big snorts weekend:

1. MLB div playoffs - blizz in Den
2. Mercs - WNBA champs
3. US - qualies for world cup
4. College FB - Tbow back
5. NFL - skins suck in C town
6. Pres cup - tiger on the loose
7. NASCAR - JJ in the lead
8. Olympics - rugby and golf - buggers and bagger

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 12, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

as I have been all too often with this management, I'm confused as to what they want to accomplish in 2009.

Is 2009 about getting to the playoffs? If so, I'd have expected to see Kendall or Runyan visiting Redskins Park.

Is it about developing for 2010 and beyond? If so, I'd have expected the team to make trades for younger talent and picked heavily on the OL.

I'm thinking this the front office is looking towards 2011 as the time to have this thing headed in the right direction.

Too bad, since this team had 12-4 talent on the roster.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 12, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

zilla, I guess you're reading 'priapic' as turgid, tumescent. I read 'priapic' merely as 'phallic'.

And I was reaching to make a weak joke involving "hard" and "priapic."

So now I see what you were getting at. It is what it is.

(Tune in tomorrow on RI for even more of this terrific "blue" material from overzealous English major types who can't reconcile their hypertrophied, mile-a-minute mind grapes with their perpetual adolescence!)

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Hey Dark32....... We need C. Rogers.. I know he drops INT's.... But he isnt bad as a cover corner... He is light years better than D Hall in that respect.. if you notice during the games... D Hall makes alot of tackles.. And you RARELY hear or see C. Rogers.. Thats cause they aint throwing towards him as much..

Posted by: cocodc1 | October 12, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

comp % leaders

1 big ben - 2 super bowls

2 peyton - first ballot HOF

3 favre - first ballot HOF

4 pennington - best comp % in history of NFL/ out for season

5 brees - led the league in passing yards last year

6 campbell - fans blame him for lack of wins despite bad f.o. management, weak O line, weak WR corp, and coaching carroussel

and ryan tied - replaced jailed QB on solid team

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | October 12, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

I would do this as a 2 year project. In 2010 I would draft the best tackle on the board in the first round. I'd do the same again in 2011. That way we will fill the most important positions on the line with the best talent. If there is a second round worthy guard or center we can take them in the second round. If not just roll with Dock and BMW until some good guards come to us. Keep in mind we need a real RB, FS, and SLB too. Rabach is serviceable and so is Dock. They aren't ideal but they'll work.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 12, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

That's the point you moron. You can't just buy a championship. You actually have to know what you're doing. Snyder can spend all the money he wants to. To quote the ever so eloquent Santana Moss "He do what he do".

Posted by: hessone | October 12, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Too bad, since this team had 12-4 talent on the roster.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 12, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Since when? Where is this 12-4 talent you speak of?

Sorry Z...on offense, there is nobody--sans Cooley, that any top tier team would covet from this team.

They are a relection of their architect...poorly designed, poorly built, and leaking very quickly.

Posted by: ksquare | October 12, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

"I was just surprise to see you call out DHall."

I wasn't calling out DHall. I was saying his play in that game was indicative of the entire team all season. Brilliance in certain moments, absolutely shocking in others.

Orakpo gets completely turned around by Jeff King in coverage, and on other plays, looks like an all-pro pass rusher (though this is excusable both for being a rookie, and for learning a new position).

Devin Thomas looking like he finally may be a contributor, then dropping the most crucial pass of the game when it hits him in the hands.

Campbell looking like Jake Delhomme in one half against TB, and the next quarter comes out gunning like he's Drew Brees.

CP falling at the first sign of contact on one drive, then fighting through contact as if his life depended on it the next.

BMW providing decent push in the run game, but on a 4-man rush on 3rd down on a crucial drive late in the game, he gets blown past like a turnstile.

Landry providing textbook tackles in run support, but in the open field COMPLETELY whiffing on hits.

Nobody is having complete games (well, almost nobody). And it's not just a simple let down on certain plays, it's a HUGE let down on certain plays. It sends the thought "how can you play that way earlier in the game, and then end up like this right now?" There is no consistency.

And it's exemplified in DHall's performance. Nobody has a complete game.

Posted by: psps23 | October 12, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT
BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT
BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT
BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT
BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT
BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT
BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT
BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT
BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT
BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT

Posted by: hessone | October 12, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Portis' sure was right about Sellars. Put your hat on someone, anyone, were on our own 3 yard line.

Everyone jumps on Portis like Snyder clones. Blame the stars replace the stars

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 12, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

* beep beep *

new post

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 12, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Wynn can't play OLine can he? Put Lorenzo Alexander back on offense.. CRogers and DHall combine them both and you have the NFL's best corner and also the worst.

Posted by: VegasJim | October 12, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

This just in: "Vinny signs Dexter Manley to bolster the defense". After the signing Vinny states the offensive line is holding together real well. Fire him now!!

Posted by: onestorm | October 12, 2009 6:20 PM | Report abuse

All well and good, I guess, but I would've thunk that signing an OFFENSIVE lineman would've made more sense.

Posted by: Vic1 | October 12, 2009 6:44 PM | Report abuse

I hope all of you saying, "all of the players need to play better,- it's not just one guy" realize that this is coaching you are talking about. Good coaching makes only the poor players look bad. Bad coaching makes every player look bad. Blame Vinny, blame Danny, but most of all... Zorn must go.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 12, 2009 9:30 PM | Report abuse

We have holes on the OL but we sign a 36 year old DE who hasn't been active all year. So glad Snyder and Cerrato are in charge of personnel.

As to the uncapped year, the best thing that could happen is that we are able to cut a bunch of salary with no "Cap Ramifications".

Posted by: keino83 | October 12, 2009 9:38 PM | Report abuse

Bringing back DE Reynaldo "8 sacks in 80 games" Wynn is just another DESPERATE transaction by a FAILED football team......

Owner Snyder- a FAILURE
Water Boy Cerrato- a FAILURE
HC Zorn- a FAILURE
Entire Offense- A FAILURE

Posted by: FletcherChristian1 | October 13, 2009 12:40 AM | Report abuse

Jeez.

All these problems... What's a pseudo-GM to do?

Maybe trade some of next years draft picks to try to get some big name, over the hill "talent" for the Defense, that's what!

I'm thinking maybe a Used-To-Be Sack Machine... like a Jevon Kearse. Or, HEY, is Simeon Rice still playing? I got a first and a second that says he can go!

Posted by: Thinker_ | October 13, 2009 6:30 AM | Report abuse

OR, shoot, you can NEVER have too many not-so-good running backs, you know!

We need to get after some of these other teams practice squads in a BIG way!

(Anybody else missing the hard-to-miss days of our anemic offense with Mark Brunell under center? OK. Me neither. Not that much. Just saying. Remember those 2 bombs to Moss against Dallas? Yeah. We haven't had 2 bombs in a game since. Anyway.)

Posted by: Thinker_ | October 13, 2009 6:36 AM | Report abuse

OH, what's that you say? Dexter Manley? He's good!

Think San Quentin will take a first and a second for him?

These draft picks are burnin' a hole in my pocket.

Posted by: Thinker_ | October 13, 2009 6:41 AM | Report abuse