Yoder steps up again with another TD

Coming into last week's game at Atlanta, Redskins tight end Todd Yoder -- who typically plays on special teams -- had five touchdown catches in a 10-year career. Now, after he put the Redskins on the board with a two-yard scoring reception from Jason Campbell, he has two in two weeks. Yoder also caught a three-yard scoring pass against the Falcons.

Yoder is getting more chances to play on offense now that Pro Bowl tight end Chris Cooley is out after undergoing surgery to repair a broken bone in his ankle.

"I'm just happy to help us win," Yoder said. "I've got a little opportunity with Chris being hurt to get in more and get more involved. Hopefully, as things go, I get more opportunities."

By Barry Svrluga  |  November 15, 2009; 7:30 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: At least Suisham is perfect on scoreboard
Next: Haynesworth's mom gets an assist in win

Comments

Screw your constant new posts!!! How the heck are we supposed to get threads going!!

**********

So is it a coincidence?

We use a real-life NFL-caliber left tackle.

We use an actual running back who does stuff like practice with his team.

We see actual accountability with Rogers getting benched.

And we win a game against a decent team.

Posted by: p1funk | November 15, 2009 7:35 PM | Report abuse

I didn't see the game in its entirety. Therefore I can't say whether the OL was trash today, and from what I hear they played great. All I know is that they're all backups on any other team. And through changes in plays and protection schemes they played well today. I'm just saying that's props to Lewis and a definite exposing of Zorn.

Posted by: JesusFreakKaren | November 15, 2009 7:33 PM

Great is not a word I would use to describe anything Redskins right now, but the OL played very solid.

Me thinks that zorn's blocking schemes have been hurting this team. Am wondering what types of changes SL has recommended/implemented because the Skins looked like a different team today.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 15, 2009 7:42 PM | Report abuse

I gave up the first one," Rogers said. "It was a double-move. After that I didn't play no more. After that, it was on whoever it was. I really didn't pay attention."

Are

You

Kidding

ME???

Cut/inactivate his sorry, bust, no int making, lousy tackling, double move biting on backside today...

I can't believe he said this....get him off the team TODAY!!

Time to move on

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 15, 2009 7:49 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 15, 2009 7:51 PM | Report abuse

Props to everyone excluding me that wanted to pickup Levi Jones in the preseason. The guy obviously makes a difference.

Posted by: bhoang888 | November 15, 2009 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Yoder is way underutilized -- what a great component on the team. He plays like a seasoned vet and is top-notch in the end zone. Props, and thanks, Todd!

Posted by: Xlnt | November 15, 2009 8:47 PM | Report abuse

I'd keep his non-catching, non-big playmaking azz on the bench and allow Smoot and Barnes to play the rest of the year.

See how much $$ that will get him as he renegotiates or hopefully goes somewhere else.

Worst hands of any DB I've seen in a long time, and sadly his cover skills have regressed, also plays a mile off the receiver.

Posted by: 72Redskins | November 15, 2009 8:48 PM | Report abuse

Todd Yoder makes the most of his opportunities, a real pro, I'm glad he's on this team, and happy to see him get in the endzone the last two weeks!

Posted by: 72Redskins | November 15, 2009 8:50 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Campbell could get a better grasp of the west coast offense if he spent more time with Sherm Lewis and less time with Zorn. Watching the game on TV, it looked like Lewis had guys open everywhere. Yoder was wide open down the middle for a TD on the play Campbell was called for grounding.

Posted by: coparker5 | November 15, 2009 9:49 PM | Report abuse

I don't think I've seen Yoder drop a pass

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | November 15, 2009 11:26 PM | Report abuse

"Yoder was wide open down the middle for a TD on the play Campbell was called for grounding."

Posted by: coparker5 | November 15, 2009 9:49 PM

YES! I couldnt believe campbell didnt see him, I like the way yoder is playing right now. HAIL!

Posted by: SkinsEmAll | November 16, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse