Zorn Expects Randle El to Be Ready

Jason Reid reports:

Wide receiver and punt returner Antwaan Randle El (ankle) practiced "and he was a little ginger," Jim Zorn said. "But I think by the time game time rolls around, he'll be ready to go."

(Or, you can vote here.)

Randle El is third on the team with 37 receptions for 455 yards and one touchdown. He has a 6.3-yard average on 29 returns.

"He's going to go. He's going to fake me out," Zorn said. "He's just going to tell me he's ready."

By Cindy Boren  |  November 21, 2008; 1:53 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kelly Hopes to Play Sunday
Next: The Week in TCCLs

Comments

...i hope he runs for his 1st TD

Posted by: bobeaston | November 21, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

repost:

craig2, seriously? I am going to trust Zorn on this one. To quote beantown, "are you at practices? Are you in the meetings?"

Zorn knows players, if he doesn't trust theses cats than i believe him. Just b/c we drafted them it doesn't mean they have magical power.

**conjecture/crazy opinion alert**

I think zorn/ceratto don't see eye to eye on some things. i think 4th hinted at this being a storyline to watch and i agree. wouldn't be the first GM/HC to butt heads...

**end conjecture/crazy opinion alert**

Posted by: chrislarry | November 21, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

"So based on this, what has Thomas done NOT to be trusted??"

C'mon Greg, you've got to earn trust. Going a couple weeks without messing up mentally is not enough. At this point, all Thomas has done is moved into the category of "mediocre" for a WR, not taking into consideration the experience factor(as in he's better than Thrash, but still nowhere near Randle El). He'll get more balls thrown his way when he makes plays with the opportunities he gets now. It's not like he's been sheltered on the bench -- he's been out there on the field the last couple weeks getting a good amount of snaps.

As for Kelly, HE'S the one I want to see with more balls thrown his way. From the comments of Zorn/Portis/other veterans, he seems like he's earned the respect of the team in being able to make plays. Unlike Thomas, Kelly hasn't had the opportunity to show what he can do.

Posted by: psps23

Posted by: psps23 | November 21, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

One crazy stat, 99.9 % of the people who comment here are white. JLC I want justice you need to reach out to the ghetto. Oops I mean the black community.

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 21, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

"He'll get more balls thrown his way when he makes plays with the opportunities he gets now"

Name ONE time a play has been run to Thomas that has been 10 yards beyond the LOS?? Let me help you, there has NOT been one time yet.

How about throwing more balls his way to ease the coverage on Moss, Cooley, etc. How about having him run routes DOWN the field??

And please, the 2 PI calls that were made against him, one was on a running play I believe, he was into his block a little too early.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 21, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 21, 2008 2:08 PM

The sad part is that poolman is most likely white. No real black person would make that statement.

Posted by: GreatOne1 | November 21, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 21, 2008 2:08 PM

I smell a CorkSkippy

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 21, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Poolman = George Wallace in Drag

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | November 21, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse

No matter what, the remaining games are a test for two players: Randle El and Thrash.
El is occasionally effective as a pass catcher/punt returner and Thrash's role as a character guy is overstated for a team in need of speed and versitility at the wideout position. My god, somebody has to take pressure and coverage off Moss in the passing game or the Skins go nowhere. If Thomas and Kelly do well over or show some game-changing skills before the season ends, they takeover where Randle El and Thrash have left off.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 21, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

wouldn't be the first GM/HC to butt heads...

I think Bobby Beatherd left because of disagreements with Joe.

Posted by: Markin21132 | November 21, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

How can Thrash leave off when he hasn't started? If he is on the team next year I am going to blow a gasket!!!!

Also am I alone in being sick of ARE?

Posted by: chrislarry | November 21, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

chrislarry -- I don't argue against Zorn on it either per sey. But, he does seem to be quite a bit like Gibbs in that he'd rather suffer a bit here or there than trust a younger player.

And I didn't intend to say that I know more about what they can do Zorn or any other member of the organization, but I do think coaches can get caught up in the "trust" issue too much. And being a new head coach, I wonder if that hasn't been at least a part of it.

I also think, and have seen for myself, that sometimes players need to be "leaned" on a bit in order for them finally take a step forward. Some people are just that way.

Posted by: craig2 | November 21, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

so basically MistaMoe I agree with you.....

Posted by: chrislarry | November 21, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Cooley also tends to pull guys off Moss b/c they do have some intermediate and deep routes in his (Cooley's) portfolio ... and he lines out on the outside alot too (even tho sometimes he just motions back in to block sometimes).

Posted by: dcsween | November 21, 2008 2:29 PM | Report abuse

If Kelly does make it onto the field, I'll be curious to see how he blocks. At his size, there is potential for some real impact. Maybe he could watch some film of Art Monk blowing out undersized CBs.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 21, 2008 2:29 PM | Report abuse

for what it's worth, I am 100% with you cL on both thrash and are.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 21, 2008 2:29 PM | Report abuse

I like ARE. He's a good player, and having him around to throw, or do the Wildcat thing, seems like a good thing to me.
One of those seminal (oooh, is that a bad word?) moments was JC just missing him on 3rd & 5 on the second series against the Steelers. ARE had enough for the first and a step on Polamalu, and JC threw it behind him. Get that first down, get ARE involved early, maybe even get a TD, and that game -- and the season, perhaps -- take on a different tone.

Or maybe I just like how he opens the window to God after every catch.

Posted by: daggar | November 21, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Re: WRs who can block, I think Coles remains one of the best.

Hmmm ... maybe I can figure out a gripe about history on that ...

Skins NEVER should have given him that TV.

Posted by: dcsween | November 21, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

me having a 0.0 fb iq

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 21, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Greg -

If you're saying Zorn's playcalling as a whole has been poor, then I agree with you. In particular his pass-play selection has been subpar, and I have been saying this for weeks.

However, if you're saying that Zorn is singling out Thomas, not letting him run downfield routes because he's a rookie, then I disagree. NOBODY is getting downfield routes. How many deep shots has Moss gotten the last couple weeks? Two? How about Randle El? Thomas has been running essentially the same routes as every other receiver on the team. And part of the reason Thomas was drafted was because he's a bigger receiver who was supposed to be effective underneath and over the middle.

Posted by: psps23 | November 21, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

psp, agreed play calling has been poor.....lets just let that horse die...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 21, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23

I disagree. I think that with his speed, Thomas was drafted to eventually replace Moss. Kelly was drafted to run plays underneath and over the middle. I think Zorn or the FO said Kelly was the more ready of the two back in camp and that Thomas was only learning the WR spot that is Moss'.

Memory sometimes like my iq, so...

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 21, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

I'M BLACK AND PROUD TO BE. ALTHOUGH IT HAS BEEN A CHALLEGE GROWING UP BLACK B/C OF SLAVERY.

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 21, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

psps -- actually, Thomas is the speed guy, supposed to get downfield. Kelly is the big guy to work the middle and the underneath stuff.

Zorn has been calling plays to get downfield, but the plays aren't being executed, whether it's been pressure in JC's face (and sometimes not in his face but he thinks it is) or a WR doesn't run the route well enough to get open, it hasn't been working. That's why it's critical that on the few occasions that JC gets the ball off, the catch HAS to be made. Moss didn't make a difficult catch last week, that catch could well have added up to winning the game. But the didn't get it done. That was Moss, not a rookie.

Posted by: craig2 | November 21, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

poolman is so white he's almost clear.

While I like Randle El and think he'd make a fine 3rd or 4th receiver/trick play dude, I'm getting sick of the "anyway but down the field" routine every time he touches the ball.

Posted by: mack1 | November 21, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Chris Horton has a website, which includes a link to his blog.

Posted by: dcsween | November 21, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Have you thought about the kind of backlash that Zorn (or any other coach)would get if they played unproven rookies in a playoff run and the rookie mistakes cost the team a playoff bid?

The rewards don't come without risk.

Posted by: _Stumped_1 | November 21, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

As a frequent reader and infrequent poster (aka lurker), I'd just like to say that I love poolman. I love about 3 poolman posts per day. Once it gets above 5, then I can't take it. But in moderation, it's hysterical.

Posted by: MNSkinsFan | November 21, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Thomas was drafted to be the whole package. He wasn't just a speed guy. I don't think Vinny had Malcolm Kelly in mind when he drafted Thomas. Had Kelly been gone by the time our later 2nd round picks came up, Thomas would have been the "big WR" to compliment Moss. The guy is 6'2, 220 lbs. He was definitely envisioned to help out over the middle.

Posted by: psps23 | November 21, 2008 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Thomas was drafted ...

Posted by: psps23 | November 21, 2008 2:53 PM

Speaking of which, the college games on broadcast (local to DC) are Mississippi @ LSU (CBS), Syracuse @ Notre Dame (NBC ... of course, Notre Dame is America's College Team) or "Boston College at Wake Forest or Michigan State at Penn State or Stanford at California" (ABC ... would love MSU @PSU, but probably going to get the ACC game here in DC).

Which one should I watch and who should I be watching for? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Anybody? The Truth?

Posted by: dcsween | November 21, 2008 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | November 21, 2008 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Maybe, but keep in mind that the staff put together quite a contingent to go out and scout Kelly, including Campbell. And Campbell said from the start that he felt great working with Kelly even in the work out. Sure Thomas is assumed to be capable of being an all around wide out, his size and speed should be able to add up to something special actually(like Fitzgerald or Boldin type of guy) but they knew he was too raw to be able to give much this year. Zorn said so right away. Zorn has also said many times that Thomas runs the deeper routes very well, but is struggling with the technically sound art of running the shorter and intermediate routes, completely expected issues from a guy with limited experience in college.

Posted by: craig2 | November 21, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

As far as I'm concerned, Zorn owns the injury to Randle El. Many of us up here recognized that he didn't do much on punt returns, but did risk getting injured. Which happened. We also knew if he was gone from the offense as our #2 WR, we'd be in big trouble since none of the other WRs are threats. That also played out, exactly as many of us feared.

Hoping ARE plays is one thing. But the problem was created by Zorn for taking a risk with essentially no payback.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 21, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

poolman you need to grow up. slavery ended 150 years ago. we have a black man as president, you have no excuses anymore.

i'm hoping kelly has a big game this weekend. the seahawks secondary isn't anything special.

Posted by: hail_skins | November 21, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Poolman = "Jerry Mathers as the Beaver"

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | November 21, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

LOL at poolman... he's becoming desperate... turning to ALL CAPS... his attempts to rile up the crowd are failing....

Posted by: Rypien11 | November 21, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I'm a pretty strong believer that you have to wait until year 2 before you start knowing if the WR you drafted is any good.

That said, I do think Thomas has had a better opportunity than most rookies get since the Skins only kept 4 healthy WRs and we all know that Thrash is not effective. So Thomas has had plenty of chances to shine. The lack of any positive impact to date is disappointing.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 21, 2008 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Adapt to the strengths, if Thomas is running better long routes, why not run them?

Zorn did this very well with Campbell, using the shotgun and what not. Why not stick with the mid-west offense, until west coast part starts to gell.

More deep strikes. One per quarter.
(oh, that's right, the OL needs to buy the time, never mind)

Posted by: _Stumped_1 | November 21, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Thomas was drafted to be the whole package...

Posted by: psps23 | November 21, 2008 2:53

Yes, I agree. My point was in the short term Kelly was more ready than Thomas. In the long run, because of his speed, Thomas may be better than what Kelly can be, but only in the long run. I believe he was taken first (of the three 2nd rd picks) because he has more long term value. Plus I believe that the team thought most other teams thought that Kelly could be taken in the third rd so he would be around for the Skins third pick, but was more ready to play immediately (injuries stopped that) than Thomas.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 21, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 21, 2008 3:13 PM

So what does this year's year 2 performance results mean for Marques Colston, Devin Hester*, and other year 1 standout WRs?

* I acknowledge he did not standout as a WR in year 1.

Posted by: dcsween | November 21, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

4th, that's messed up!!! that's really messed up. fighting words my man! and i thought we was cool. S ohhkay!

Posted by: dealer1 | November 21, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

So you want a whole race to forget that another in slaved there people for 430 years. That won't happen ever, you need to face the fire and apologize. White people in this century want to turn the corner that left gallons of blood on plantations across the country. Why run from the race issue and embrace it. We all know 99 % of the people in here are white. thats a fact, now if thats true someone in your family tree has blood all over them. The black race will never move on.

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 21, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

(oh, that's right, the OL needs to buy the time, never mind)

Posted by: _Stumped_1 | November 21, 2008 3:15 PM

Good idea though ... buying them all additional wristwatches.

Posted by: dcsween | November 21, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

4th, that's messed up!!!

Posted by: dealer1 | November 21, 2008 3:19 PM

What does this respond to?

Posted by: dcsween | November 21, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

I got one word for Kelly. FADE, i have been waiting years and years for a wr thats over 6'1 to run a quality back of the end zone fade route a very useful play one that the redskins can never utilize due to their size, i remember one red zone play we ran the fade to Moss he caught it but was out of bounds which is gonna happen when your 5'6.
One of those designated Kelly plays better be a fade, I think if we had that in our bag our red zone offense would improve imensly.
Texas tech and Okla are playing thats quite a game but the PSU MSU should be a hard fought entertaining college game.

Posted by: Stu27 | November 21, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

anyone know where we can get "game film"? is it available for public/fans? and why not? that would be the coolest thing since...televised games...

Posted by: dealer1 | November 21, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

sween, it's a couple of threads back at least and yesterday...sorry not gonna get it for ya...i'm still not 100%...

Posted by: dealer1 | November 21, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Poolman. Those 99% include you. hahaha

Posted by: cj658 | November 21, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

dam i wanna know the genesis of this 4th vs dealer fued!

Posted by: chrislarry | November 21, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dealer1

NFL Network on demand. I believe they have all the games in the local area saved. I could be wrong on that point, though.

Posted by: psps23 | November 21, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

"So you want a whole race to forget that another in slaved there people...."

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 21, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

LOL.....

Why don't you graduate from 2nd grade English before you move on to 4th grade social studies?

Posted by: Rypien11 | November 21, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

I think what we are seeing is the 'rebuild' vs 'go for it' scenario playing out. The Spaghetti Gang knew WR was an issue and they tried various things, eventually doing what they did.

I think the Spaghetti Gang figured it was a 'rebuild' year when they didn't get ocho cinco, so there were no free agents or major trades. Which also suggested cap management was important, also a 'rebuild' approach. And there were 10 draft picks, all which made the roster. Jason Taylor was the exception, the one 'go for it' move, prompted largely by injuries in training camp.

The two WR draft picks said 'rebuild'. Problem is, the team had a bunch of early success, so it seemed like this team should have been in 'go for it' mode all along. Clearly, the WR problem has not been solved to this point and it was a definite factor in both recent losses.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 21, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

speaking of O Line and giving qb time...and sacks and holding on the ball too long and such...

during last night's game they were talking about how ben of steelers took the responsibility for making the o-line look bad...saying "yes, he knows he's holding the ball too long, he knows he's taking the sacks..." and he'll try to address those issues by not trying to make every play...

i know ben can say that cuz he has a ring...but i really wish people up here would see that in jc as well. it's not all o-line's fault. all of a sudden. it's jc and zorn's play calling too that's making the o-line look bad.

i just hope zorny gets over trying to be a west coast guru...as i see it he got kicked out of that fraternity when they wouldn't even hire him as a qb coach beyond this year...

Posted by: dealer1 | November 21, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, stream the old game film baby.

The wrist watch thing is a good idea.
Maybe a http://www.visit-washington-dc.com/WashingtonRedskinsWristwatch1.jpg

with an alarm that says:

OKAY FRED TIME TO RISE AND SHINE!

Posted by: _Stumped_1 | November 21, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

psp, i was talking about the "game film" that coaches watch with their players when they're "breaking down film"...it'd be so cool to get those films...so we could break it down ourselves...

Posted by: dealer1 | November 21, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

You have a right to reply, if only you would admit to slavery. Making crazy comments won't stop me, nor will it cast doubt on my feelings about slavery. "MOVE ON" are words used by family memember who enslaved the black race. Why are 75% who write colums a the post are white, in a city that house 80% of black people. stupid stat to huh. Just a shame to see the ignorance spill into a blog.

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 21, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Poolman do you get your stats from the JLC school of journalism?

Posted by: GreatOne1 | November 21, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

sween, Colston is good, just been injured much of the year. Hester isn't much of a WR, from what I've seen. Kind of the anti ARE. Don't have him play WR too much, takes away from his return game.

Even the really good WRs, like Calvin Johnson, seem to take a big step in year 2 over year 1. Look at Gary Clark or Jerry Rice. Two good rookies (Rice was ROY, but their stats were almost identical). But in year 2, they were both much better.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 21, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

“I think the person who takes a job in order to live - that is to say, for the money - has turned himself into a slave.” Print that please "WHITE PEOPLE"

Although volume upon volume is written to prove slavery a very good thing, we never hear of the man who wishes to take the good of it by being a slave himself”

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 21, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

My biggest concern with Thomas is that "it" factor. I just haven't seen it yet (or hear about it from the vets). The guy has all the physical tools, but I have yet to see that "wow" factor. It's not the mental part, the stupid penalties, the missed routes, or things like that. That can be fixed. It's the plays like the dropped 3rd down pass. Zorn puts that on Campbell, but a special talent catches that ball. From Zorn's comments, I get the impression Kelly catches that ball ("he makes the difficult catches seem easy", "he catches everything in his vicinity").

When we saw ST as a rookie, he had his mistakes, but he sure had those "wow" moments. Same with Landry. Same with Horton now. Cooley gave us those moments as a rookie. Even with as many mistakes and dropped INTs as he had, Rogers gave those moments of brilliance as a youngster. I haven't seen that yet out of Thomas. But I sure hope to see some of them this weekend.

Posted by: psps23 | November 21, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

dealer, the o-line has been pretty bad. Maybe you can hang some part of it on JC, but not much. He's had a lot of contact after the throw.

I think a big part of the issue is that teams simply don't respect our WRs other than Moss. And it doesn't seem like Moss is 100%. So teams feel pretty comfortable bringing extra guys to blitz-- and even a 4 man rush seems to get to JC pretty quickly.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 21, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 21, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

I'm not sure what it in tailed to in slave your people for that long. Whatever in sued though let me in sure you that I hope it never happens again.

PS. Entime hopefully we can all put this in our past.

Posted by: Gweez | November 21, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

psps -- well said. You'd like to see some signs that the kid has the ability to do great things. Those signs have been missing -- and its not been due to lack of opportunity.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 21, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

The NFL has surpassed every other sports league when it comes to turning a filmable event into profitable entertainment. Yet for some reason, the league is sitting on hours of footage that dedicated fans—and dedicated statisticians—would kill to see. Broadcasts that incorporated the official coaches' film would be hugely popular with hard-core fans, even if the league showed these enhanced telecasts only during the offseason. Why not package the coaches' film for each team's 16-game season as a DVD set? The league would make a huge profit, devoted fans would have a great souvenir, and football analysis would take a huge step forward.

so yeah...they don't have coaches films for us...c'mon nfl we'd pay $10 for it every week!

Posted by: dealer1 | November 21, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Funny stuff Gweez, this late in the day I had to read that 2x to make sure I got it.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 21, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Gweez | November 21, 2008 3:42 PM

LOL FUNNY!

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 21, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

zce, i just refuse to believe that the o-line could play THAT bad after 2 weeks of rest. yes, you're right if D had more than 2 lineman you knew jc would have to hurry the throw or he was going to get pounded into the ground the other night...

there's something going on here...something changed from week 7 to now...zorn said it was the technique...how can the techniques of all the o-linemen go bad at the same time???? they're all in their 30's. in other words i'd rather give 5 30 something guys a benefit of the doubt, ESPECIALLY if the coaches aren't benching anyone.

no way. i don't buy it. my guess is that they put in new pass plays and with it came new pass pro scheme that don't work.

Posted by: dealer1 | November 21, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

LMGO skinz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL...haa haaa haaa haaa woooohaaa haa haaa...btw...i skip pool's posts!

Posted by: dealer1 | November 21, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

you know we shouldn't make fun of people's spilling mistakes but if anyone diserved it it was puulman

Posted by: dealer1 | November 21, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

dealer1 -

It could have to do with the fact that (1) we were playing two of the most sack-happy defenses in the league, (2) the anchor of the line and best pass-protector was admittedly hurt, (3) the best pass-protecting back in the league is admittedly playing hurt, and (4) that the 30+ year-old guys are simply breaking down physically (technique goes hand in hand with the ability to perform the technique physically). Any one of those 4 could be a factor.

Posted by: psps23 | November 21, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Are we not all enslaved to something; home hearth, RI?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | November 21, 2008 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Can we just blow someone out for once?

Posted by: bubba13 | November 21, 2008 4:01 PM | Report abuse

skins win big baby
38-7 and if kelly plays i expect big things from him

Posted by: FAB88 | November 21, 2008 4:01 PM | Report abuse

not ignoring poolman=power rankings

Posted by: chrislarry | November 21, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Can't wait till the black prez sign off on a new billed called "BLACK POWER". Details of the bill make every white person pay 1.00 for each slave that was killed for the color of there skin. maybe that would wake all the "WHITE PEOPLE" up.

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 21, 2008 4:03 PM | Report abuse

... I think the Spaghetti Gang figured it was ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 21, 2008 3:31 PM

You use this term alot. I don't get it. Why "the Spaghetti Gang"? [If it was "Apple Dumpling Gang" based on the hilarious 70s Disney comedy starring Don Knotts and Tim Conway, I would get it.]

Posted by: dcsween | November 21, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Regardless of the crappy O-Line, JC doesn't have that "it" factor. Look at Roethslesberger: he gets the hell knocked out of him, but somehow consistedly manages to make big plays out of garbage - with or without his main weapons healthy. I don't see that from JC.

Posted by: bubba13 | November 21, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dealer1 | November 21, 2008 3:47 PM

... which is precisely why they would charge $100 for it every week, maybe $1000 every week (and supplies would sell out every week too).

Posted by: dcsween | November 21, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Got it from Kost. He said something like 'Danny and Vinny make decisions like I make spaghetti. I throw it at the wall and see if it sticks'

There's your origin

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 21, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Poolman

The only law Obama has promised is called "Spreading the Wealth Law"

Thats when he takes hard working Americans money and gives hand outs in the Ghetto to non wage earning Americans(black and white)

Posted by: brownvb | November 21, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

... Look at Roethslesberger: he gets the hell knocked out of him, but somehow consistedly manages to make big plays out of garbage - ...

Posted by: bubba13 | November 21, 2008 4:06 PM

I would agree with this if it were in the past tense. Present tense, no way. Steelers D is what made their W-L record.

Posted by: dcsween | November 21, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Is this evidenced by the fact that JC has a passer rating of 10 points higher than Roethlisberger this season? Or the fact that Roethlisberger has thrown a grand total of 2 more TDs in 1 more game than JC? Or the fact that Roethlisberger has the single most dominant defense in the league behind him, helping carry him to a massive 1.5 game lead over the Redskins with a game in hand?

Posted by: psps23 | November 21, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Since you brought it up, brown, when exactly did President-Elect Obama say that that was what he was going to do? Try listening to what people actually propose instead of some biased over-simplification that promotes a particular point of view.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | November 21, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Still better than McCains spending freeze plan. Still don't understand how dipping all the money in america in liquid hydrogen was going to fix the budget.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 21, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

The only legislation the new Administration is working on is another stimulus package ... a job creation bill ... infrastructure ... like FDR did ... like what the Senate Dems were calling for after the budget went surplus for a couple of years at the beginning of the current Administration.

dealer, I've been following the past few threads. What's the topic "area"? 4th's posts have pretty much been cut/pastes with one or two lines of commentary in the immediate short term past. Also, stay medium.

Posted by: dcsween | November 21, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

poolman, this is a football blog. You are not smart. I kinda feel bad for you, hope all is well i your personal life, I'm a little worried. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.

Posted by: cj658 | November 21, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

psps, the most important FACT is that you spelled the guy's name correctly three times in a row. I don't even bother trying.

Posted by: dcsween | November 21, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Liquid Hydrogen would have the same effect that cryogenically freezing Austin Powers did; the hope would be that when the money was unfrozen, it would be worth more in the future

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | November 21, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

... I don't see that from JC.

Posted by: bubba13 | November 21, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

No one saw that from Big Ben early on either. Since then, he's worked within the same offense every year of his career. I'm not meaning to make excuses, but the fact is that this guys has got to be "thinking" way too much to be completely effective at this point. He likely doubts what he says a lot of the time, that means just a moment of hesitation, which means a missed opportunity.

Posted by: craig2 | November 21, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Sween,
What if I prefer to stay medium rare or even want to try and stay rare.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 21, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | November 21, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

dealer, I know what you are getting at with the o-line comment.

I think its a combination of things. First, Zorn has been more 'west coast' like in the past few games, which is not the strength of the players. Second, its clear that Samuels isn't healthy and Jansen isn't much of a pass blocker. Third, I think teams have realized that our WRs, other than Moss, just can't beat them. Fourth, I think teams realized that as good as Portis is, he can only carry it so much. You can throw 50 times in a game, but Portis can only go roughly 25 carries.

But I do agree, the comment that all these vets just forgot their fundamentals ... that doesn't register with me either.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 21, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

can wapo please do something about poolman. Kick his a$$ off. It's getting annoying, I think he has too much time on his hands.

Then again he sits behind a computer with a fake name and voices his opinion, some man. HAHA

Posted by: cj658 | November 21, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

craig2, since the end of the first quarter against the Giants, seems to me that J.Campbell has been thinking way faster, if he's thinking rather than reacting at all. Feels like it hit a little bit of a slump (more thinking) by the Rams game, but for the most part, seems like the only thinking he's been having to do is near the end of the play, i.e., "Uh oh, I think my body is going to be hitting the ground within the next eighth of a second again."

Posted by: dcsween | November 21, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

"We all know 99 % of the people in here are white. thats a fact"

Actually not a fact, as there is no where that race is identified during enrollment! Facts must be supported

"now if thats true someone in your family tree has blood all over them."

Also not a fact. In actuality, only 8% of the population owned slaves. Most were not wealthy enough nor had the desire to. Also, there have been millions of Immigrants that have come to America well past the abolishment of slavery. So chances are actually less then 25% that someone identifying themselves as caucasiun has a slave ower in their past. Most of us are actually more likely to have african american heritage in our family trees then that of a slave owner.

But then again, I'm white... so what do I know?

Posted by: fbchick | November 21, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse