Zorn, for One, Is 'Ready to Go'

Turns out you aren't the only ones waiting for some fubball. Jim Zorn is, too, which is a good thing since he happens to be the coach of the Redskins.

Zorn told Rick Maese late last week that "even when I'm on vacation, I'm paying attention to what we need to be doing as an organization. So by this point, I'm completely ready to go."

Zorn also spoke about the offseason drama involving quarterback Jason Campbell:

"I think I've already seen what I'd want to see from Jason. I think I saw it in OTAs [organized team activities], in the minicamps, in the way he's handled himself," Zorn said. "I'm not going to sit back and analyze it every day of camp. He's already done very well. He was out here yesterday working just as hard as he was during the 'drama.' For him, it doesn't turn on or off. He said to himself: 'This is the way it is. Life isn't always fair, but I'm going to handle it. I'm going to keep working.' "

And, of course, there's more here.

By Cindy Boren  |  July 27, 2009; 10:01 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The New Mayor Reports for Duty
Next: Cerrato Discusses Season of 'High Expectations'

Comments

I am amped up for the season to start. I've been hitting F5 every three mins.

Posted by: TWISI | July 27, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

You're telling me! Not worried at all about the defense, I just want to see improvements in the pasing game.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 27, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

SIERRA, ECHO, CHARLIE, OSCAR, NOVEMBER, DELTA.

Zorn! Zorn! He's my man, if he can't do it, somebody else can!

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | July 27, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Darn it. Knowed I should have TANGO, HOTEL, INDIGO, ROMEO, DELTED' it.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | July 27, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Sorry to mess your game up.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 27, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Nothing yet on signings...

Posted by: Cindy Boren | July 27, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

I just hope Haynesworth,Fletcher,Portis,Moss,Cooley and Hall don't play at all in preseason. Too important to risk injury to these guys.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 27, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Broncos start camp this afternoon and they haven't signed either of their first round picks yet.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 27, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Zorn really sounds like a winner to me. My bet is the Redskins kick butt this year.

The Power Rankers don't give us much of a chance because of Zorn's coaching and Campbell's average play.

You would think we would be higher than a 19 on one poll and a 23 on another. Don't they know that this Team has no illusions that Zorn/Campbell was a weak point for us and chances are greater than 75-80% that it will not be this year.

Redskins crush the East.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | July 27, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Too important to risk injury to these guys.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 27, 2009 10:48 AM

None of them would play more than a half in pre-season. What difference does it make whether they get injured in preseason or in the first regular season game?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 27, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

"He (Jason Campbell) said to himself: 'This is the way it is. Life isn't always fair, but I'm going to handle it. I'm going to keep working.' "

This quote--though not direct-- stands as evidence from Campbell supporters that all the chatta about his not handling himself during the Cutler/Sanchez mess was just that: talk.

Too, skinsfans have got hope the determined attitude evident in the Zorn's observations of his starting quarterback gets turned into direct action on the field.

We've said it before and will say it again: the maturation of Jason Campbell is the most pressing issue facing the franchise.

A great defense supporting an offense that can't score makes for a fractured team and disappointed fanbase.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 27, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

You would think we would be higher than a 19 on one poll and a 23 on another.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | July 27, 2009 10:54 AM

Yeah, power ratings are back! We picked 13th in the draft because we finished 19th in the league last year. If we're going to be rated higher than that, we need to prove it on the field, not in some stupid poll.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 27, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 27, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse
At least if they get injured in the first game I feel it was for something.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 27, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 27, 2009 10:55 AM

It's certainly not a good formula for success, but I thought it had worked pretty well for the Ravens the year they won the SB.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 27, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

I also feel strongly that Washington disposes of the East this year. Romo chokes,McNabb has season ending injury, Eli has no more Plax.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 27, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

I love power rankings.....best judge of a football team out there....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 27, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

You know, the first time Jason Campbell throws an interception or makes a bone-headed play, the analysts are going to come out of the woodwork saying, "This is why Dan Snyder wanted to get rid of him." You can just see it coming. I hope Campbell is ready for that kind of talk, because it probably won't die down all season.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | July 27, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I love power rankings.....best judge of a football team out there....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 27, 2009 11:03 AM

Agree to disagree. You, of all people, should know better.

No way the Redskins are 23rd. This is just bias and discrimination. Someone should put an end to this.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 27, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Nothing yet on signings...

Posted by: Cindy Boren | July 27, 2009 10:45 AM |

Iggles have apparently started camp with Jeremy Maclin unsigned. Sounds' like he's ready to have a rookie season like Thomas or Kelly's.

Romo's paying with a heavy heart in Dallas. (Jessica, Jessica, wherefore art thou, Jessica?)

And the Jints need receivers.

Alas, 'skins aren't the only NFC East team with issues.

And that's a good thang....

Posted by: TheCork | July 27, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

I thought ESPN was the best judge of pro football relevance. The world obviously revolves around the Dallas Cowboys.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 27, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator

You've set me to thinking T_E (Yeah, I blame you for that)...how come all the unsigned dudes?

Someone needs to write a piece about how the uncapped year is influencing signings THIS year (if, indeed that's the case)...

Seems to me, based on anecdotal evidence, there are more unsigned high picks as camps start than usual.

How come, and will these guys come in soon, or not?

Posted by: TheCork | July 27, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

te, I was being serious, power rankings are what drives footballs popularity. its not the game itself, not by a long shot.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 27, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 27, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas |

Actually, the Tv sports football world revolves around TO, Brett Favre and Mike Vick. Everything else is secondary to sports TV.

That approach has made NFLN all but unwatchable and almost irrelevant.

One thing I won't waste my time with is a bunch of washed up hacks blah-blahing about those three, will they sign, what did they say, etc. Real News? Who needs it. That involves work, and digging and actual journalism.

follow the same celebrity template TV News and entertainment has foisted on the public, and just watch the money roll in while the viewers dumb down.

Yes, thank you i DO feel better now.

Posted by: TheCork | July 27, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

I thought footballs popularity was driven by endzone celebrations and debating on team uniforms.

Posted by: alex35332 | July 27, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Congrats to Mike Vick for being reinstated to the NFL, although, I feel the 6 game suspension is a bit much, where are all the A-holes like R. Lewis, J. Lewis, L. Little, etc. to say hey let this guy play, we were far worse and we still playing and collecting cash.

Posted by: mhartz1 | July 27, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

OP said:
At least if they get injured in the first game I feel it was for something.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 27, 2009 11:00 AM

-------------------------------------------

OP MEANT to say:

RAFTERMAN
Well,
at least they died for a good cause.

ANIMAL MOTHER
What cause was that?

RAFTERMAN
Freedom.

ANIMAL MOTHER
Flush out your head gear, new guy. You think we waste [Cowgirls] for freedom? This is a slaughter. If I'm gonna get my balls
blown off for a word ... my word is "poontang."

Hail Kubrick, Hail 'Skins