Zorn Gives an Injury Report

We're told that blog migration is happening more quickly than anticipated, so we've got that going for us...

Jason La Canfora has gotten some time alone with a source for an upcoming feature, so he sends along this quick update and will post more fully later:

Jim Zorn said Chris Horton has a stomach bug and will play Saturday. J.T. Tryon had to get some medical attention, but Zorn wasn't sure what for and didn't think it was major. Cornelius Griffin had back spasms and although they are minor, he might not play against the Bills. LaRon Landry is likely to sit, too.

As for the plan Saturday night, Zorn said Jason Taylor and London Fletcher may get a few plays on D. On offense, the starters may stay in for a third series. Clinton Portis is likely to rest again.

Greg Blache said the competiton between Anthony Montgomery and Kedric Golston to start at tackle is wide open, with Golston making gains. Overall, Blache ripped the defense's performance and said it "stunk like three-day old fish." How's that for candor?

By Jason La Canfora  |  August 6, 2008; 11:24 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Horton Has a Sick Day (Updated)
Next: Of Blache, the O line and Injuries

Comments

yeah numero uno

Posted by: rigoo drill | August 6, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

ping

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

what happed to faster?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Just a bit faster at least. Now all you have to do is fix the time.

Posted by: Skinz | August 6, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I thought there was supposed to be registration?

Posted by: same old same old | August 6, 2008 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Ghost Rider are we cleared for take off?

Posted by: sfskin | August 6, 2008 3:13 PM | Report abuse

?

Posted by: ? | August 6, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

must...resist...lame...attempt...to....test...blog...

Posted by: cload & daggar | August 6, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

can we come back into the pool now? Its been a half hour since I ate anything.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 6, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

must...resist...lame...attempt...to....test...blog...

Posted by: cload & daggar | August 6, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

This doesn't look or feel any different than before. We missed a day for this??

Posted by: Hot Carl | August 6, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

must...resist...lame...attempt...to....test...blog...

Posted by: cload & daggar | August 6, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

hmmm

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

must...resist...lame...attempt...to....test...blog...

Posted by: cload & daggar | August 6, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

must...resist...lame...attempt...to....test...blog...

Posted by: cload & daggar | August 6, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

This 'upgrade' to Loseable Type 2.0 combined with the 3 month suicide of my computer leads me to believe that soon I shall come home and my laptop will resemble a Dali painting, slowly melting off the side of the table.

The above is purely part of the testing. . .testing . . .1 2 3 . .

Posted by: sfskin | August 6, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

must...resist...lame...attempt...to....test...blog...

Posted by: cload & daggar | August 6, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

must...resist...lame...attempt...to....test...blog...

Posted by: cload & daggar | August 6, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Holler at me.

Posted by: Sams3 | August 6, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Holler at me.

Posted by: Sams3 | August 6, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Cindy, tell us what changed?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 6, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

must...resist...lame...attempt...to....test...blog...

Posted by: cload & daggar | August 6, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

The day of darkness. Posted on the RI wiki page

Brief History:

On August 5th 2008, at 12:01 Redskins insider disallowed posts to be added in for an undetermined [but estimated 28 hours] amount of time. At this time the constant stream of often Redskins related chatter ceased and us RI fans were forced to look on other URL's for our Blogtainment.

The shutdown was in order to update the sight and to return registration to the world of the RI.

Though we cant be sure how many bloggers have died during this incident our scientist estimate the number ranges somewhere between 1,000-5,000 posters. The reason for the un-sureness of this number is because no one is sure how to best count the dead Anons or the many blog personalities of Talent Evaluator.

Here is where we will allow those who survived to write their tail. What did they do with their lives starting at 12:02.

I personally spent the time cleaning my apartment and actually working. In desperation for blogery I actually started posting on political sights.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 6, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

well if you don't put in your name it puts anon in the name section.

Posted by: | August 6, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Wow...that defense musta really stunk!

Posted by: sicwidit | August 6, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

This is working well

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

what's changed? Well it's alot less stable and takes much longer to post. Bravo

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Yup, still Loseable Type...
quintriple post FTW!

Posted by: cload & daggar | August 6, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

weak...

Posted by: Cartman | August 6, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

On your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness. So I've got that going for me....which is nice.

Posted by: Which is nice | August 6, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Bravo by the way if you go in the name bar and hit space it doesn't put anon in the name

Posted by: | August 6, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Seriously here is my advice. Post then go out and do all your shopping for the day come back and it will be almost up.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 6, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Gunga glug unga

Posted by: Stumped | August 6, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

whats different?!

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 6, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Well, this is unexpected.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, that opening drive for the Colts was just like last season.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Go Skins

Posted by: jim | August 6, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

John Wayne was a fag.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | August 6, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

This blog needs an enima!!!

Posted by: The Joker | August 6, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Nate.. what? you could always do Italics and bold just needed to put in the basic HTML for it. not like they give us a panel for it

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 6, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Test for Echo

Posted by: Geddy Lee | August 6, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Check, check one: sibilance, sibilance.
Check, check two: sibilance, sibilance.

Posted by: Tom Hanks as Aerosmith Roady | August 6, 2008 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Chances are all of these posts will be deleted and registration will set in place before dusk........

Posted by: 4th | August 6, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

time check?

Posted by: 2:58pm? | August 6, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

I hope they hold Dirty thirty out one moe week.

Posted by: jm220 | August 6, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

o

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Thongs

Posted by: jm220 | August 6, 2008 4:01 PM | Report abuse

seriously?

Posted by: Anonymous Anonymous | August 6, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

This town needs an enema!

Posted by: The Joker | August 6, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

So far I don't have a registration window. Seems the same as before?

Posted by: redskirt | August 6, 2008 4:03 PM | Report abuse

ChRIs LArrY - you still pitching a tent for Mix? He is 6 foot 5, if he was any good, he would already be playing for somebody.

Posted by: | August 6, 2008 4:03 PM | Report abuse

JR Poon?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

my clock is showing 3:05 PM???

Posted by: dealer | August 6, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

This is like blogging in a time warp.

Posted by: redskirt | August 6, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Babies, anyone else getting alot of screw up posts?

Posted by: Chris Walken | August 6, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

This is like blogging in a time warp. Hellooo from 3:06 PM!

Posted by: redskirt | August 6, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Alex, what I find unexpected is that it's back and it's just as it was before... agreed with 4th that this is probably not the end of the story.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

it's operating more at the speed of grannie panties

Posted by: Anonymous Anonymous | August 6, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Giggidy giggity

Posted by: JR POON | August 6, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

registration, huh?

bogus nads

Posted by: nads guy | August 6, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Giggidy giggity

Posted by: JR POON | August 6, 2008 4:11 PM | Report abuse

it smells like "three day old fish" in here.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

really

Posted by: | August 6, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

So what is it like posting from the Central Time Zone Nate?

Posted by: 35332 | August 6, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

This upgrade stinks like three-day old fish.

Posted by: Greg Blache | August 6, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I choose to believe that they had a change of heart and aren't going through with registration. I also think their were WMD's in Iraq. Ok going to put my head back in the sand now. This was posted over one hour in the past.

Posted by: Skinz | August 6, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

registration, hmm?

bogus nads

Posted by: nads guy | August 6, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Registration was not to be immediate. It's coming soon. The really great thing about the new application is that it won't let me in to post.

Posted by: Cindy | August 6, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm maybe they came to their senses on registration? Not likely but a guy can dream.

Posted by: Just sayzin is all... | August 6, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

The Truth posts a test post.

Posted by: The Truth | August 6, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

This is a

Posted by: Fluster Cuck | August 6, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

So if they were to do a face lift here is what I would like to see.
1. We get bio pages (I think the rest of the post does that.
2. little icons by our names.
3. the ability to post pictures, so long as they are not "graphic"
4. the ability to post polls. I don't mean pictures of ... see no 3.

Posted by: 35332 | August 6, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

I can get three or four minutes of work in between comments.

A small step for productivity, a giant step backward for hamsters.

Posted by: Stumped | August 6, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Apparently it took close to a day in order to make the blog wrose than before.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to migrate blogs because, uh, some, people out there in our nation don't have blogs and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

Posted by: Miss Teen South Carolina | August 6, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

whats up with the time?

Mcfly'd nads

Posted by: nads guy | August 6, 2008 4:21 PM | Report abuse

maps, so on an so forth.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

What time is it?

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 6, 2008 4:23 PM | Report abuse

more importantly, where the hoes at?

Posted by: A | August 6, 2008 4:23 PM | Report abuse

this is weird

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 6, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

The Truth is hesitant, like a baby in water.

Posted by: The Truth | August 6, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

I've seen this version before.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 6, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Hey it ate my post!

Good but long article on Trollz..

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 6, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

I have an alternate theory. If anyone else noticed the URL redirect, we are currently operating on the "voices" server. My guess is that we are actually blogging on a temporary backup copy of the blog on an older (slower) server basically put in place to keep us occupied while they do the software update on the live server.

As (I think Nate) guessed earlier, these comments will probably disappear in a very instant fashion as soon as the URL changes back to "blog.washingtonpost.com". At that time, we will also see the blog updates such as registration, etc.

This theory explains three things:

1. Why we can suddenly post comments and the software appears identical to the "pre-updated" page.
2. Why the server is so slow.
3. Why the Cindy, Jasons, and even Jon haven't posted anything new since this latest discovery. My guess is they are waiting ever so patiently for the live server to come back up so they don't waste a blog post on the backup.

Of course if I am correct, this stroke of genius will appear to have never happened in about an hour. But until then, I suppose I will relish the epiphany.

Posted by: tekman13 | August 6, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

A,
Who do you think was in charge of doing the update?

Posted by: 35332 | August 6, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

RI goes dark for 24 hours and the Fd announce 40,000,000 identities have been stolen.

COINCIDENCE?

I think not.

Posted by: Corkczar | August 6, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse

While we're able to post in anonymity, allow me to say that I purchased Matchbox 20's first CD many, many years ago and actually listened to it in my car with the windows down, probably several times. I haven't forgiven myself to this day, but being able to get this off my chest after all these years is undoubtedly a big step in my recovery as I continue to try to cope.

Thank you, and God bless.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

And the "E" and the "S" were stolen from my last post!

"Feds" of course.

Posted by: Corkczar | August 6, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

wow! look at the new addy!

voices instead of "blog"...oooooh classy!

Posted by: dealer | August 6, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Four score and seven hours ago our fearless editor brought forth on this webpage a new loosable type, conceived in ignorance, and dedicated to the proposition that registration will make all posts be created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing our posts, the time stamp, the ability to italisize, will the blog be able to long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that conflict. We have come to dedicate a portion of this blog spot, as a final resting place for those who here gave their countless hours at work so that that this blog may live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate—we can not consecrate—we can not hallow—this blog. The brave men, living and dead, who anonomously posted here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who blogged here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored wasted hours we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these long forgotten posts shall not have posted in vain—that this blog, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that City papers of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Posted by: Abraham Lincoln | August 6, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

more importantly, where the hoes at?

Posted by: A | August 6, 2008 4:23 PM

More importantly...

Where are the White women at?!?!

Posted by: Clevon Little | August 6, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Cork I did not hear aboot that eh, what happened der, some canadians lookin for der immagration papers the easy way eh?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 6, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

this is no longer a blog. it is a "voice"! our voice! fan's voice! fan's voice against danny!

Posted by: dealer | August 6, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

test

Posted by: test | August 6, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

and I still squeeze the Charmin

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

The Truth says that The Truth has been practicing fantasy drafts and The Truth got Steven Jackson AND Clinton Portis in one draft The Truth had.

The Truth flexes his muscles slightly, nods towards you, and whispers "Deal with that."

Posted by: The Truth | August 6, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I'm HORNY FOR ZORNY!

Posted by: Mr. Eight | August 6, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Skinz | August 6, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Of course, while I'm typing that, the Cindy comes and posts that I am wrong before I even posted.

My RI debut - failure...

Posted by: tekman13 | August 6, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Oh ya truth, I did a fantacy draft in Madden and ended up with LT and CP. Sure my QB's all were shlubs but who cares I don't need to pass with that backfield.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 6, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

As I was about to whine before the DARKNESS...

I was VERY unimpressed with Devin Thomas's whiney "it's hard for us 200 pounders" to pass the Shuttle test, and "I was in shape anyway, it's not fair, boohoo." Funny, old farts like Thrash and Randle El and Moss etc, managed.

Meanwhile the Redskins OTHER high WR draftee. Kelly, is on the shelf for 2-3 weeks because he wasn't in shape, either.

Hey, what the HELL do you expect for your signing bonus and millions to play a childs game--conditioning?

Looks like the skins can still pick 'em when it comes to high round WR draftees. Need I remind that the last successful one JUST went into the HOF, and he was selected in 1980?

Frickin' ungrateful punk kids.

On the bright side, Zorn may be a master psychologist, He appears to have lit a fire under Mr. Davis.

Posted by: Corkczar | August 6, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

This is my favroite quote from the articel on NFL.com ....

Courtesy of Fab Five Freddy Smoot.

"He is very Joe Gibbs-like in that he likes things done the right way.

Really, Fred?? It's amazing how most coaches want things done .... THE WRONG WAY!! Yeah, I guess Zorn and Gibbs are not like other Hard-Azz coaches.

PS : Love ya Fred

Posted by: cej75024 | August 6, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Welcome tekman13! And we look forward to welcoming you again later when this is wiped from existance and you reappear.

Posted by: Welcoming Committee | August 6, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

As I was about to whine before the DARKNESS...

I was VERY unimpressed with Devin Thomas's whiney "it's hard for us 200 pounders" to pass the Shuttle test, and "I was in shape anyway, it's not fair, boohoo." Funny, Geezers like Thrash and Randle El and Moss etc, managed.

Frickin' ungrateful punk kids.

Posted by: Corkczar | August 6, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

It always cracks me up when John Madden gets on the TV and spews....

" Yeah, Coach ______ , is a guy who hates turnovers"

Really?? Maybe that was Norv's problem....he loved turnovers

Posted by: cej75024 | August 6, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

I love apple turnovers

Posted by: Norv | August 6, 2008 4:40 PM | Report abuse

you mean pineapple-face turnover

Posted by: dealer | August 6, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

beeeeeeeeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Posted by: dealer | August 6, 2008 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Damn, I was going into withdrawal for a while there.

Anyway, I think the conditioning thing has a lot to do with the rookies not realizing how hard the NFL will be. They probably got by fine in their college drills and figure "They're only drills, how hard could they be?" It's the same going from high school to college. And peewee to high school. They'll learn what's expected of them and go from there. Let's not hate 'em until they start dropping TD passes (assuming they make it into such situations).

Posted by: [cc] | August 6, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Order out of am I. Blog whole This order of out!!!

Posted by: Pacino Al | August 6, 2008 4:44 PM | Report abuse

beepbeep

Posted by: Cindy | August 6, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

I can't access the next post! I'm stuck in limbo!

Posted by: kost52 | August 6, 2008 7:27 PM | Report abuse