Zorn on JC (Campbell and Cutler)

Redskins Coach Jim Zorn put the kibosh on Jay Cutler trade jibba jabba today in a meeting with Mark Maske and other reporters at the owners' meetings in California, reiterating that Jason Campbell is preparing for the upcoming season here.

Zorn said he has not felt the need to reassure his own quarterback, Jason Campbell, that the Redskins are committed to him. Asked if he has spoken to Campbell about the reports of the Redskins' interest in Cutler, Zorn said: "Not specifically."
But Zorn said he's made it clear to Campbell that the club is committed to him as its starter.
"I was talking to him about the upcoming season," Zorn said.

Maske also supplies updates on Phillip Daniels, Marcus Washington and Randy Thomas.

...

Dan Steinberg (with assists from Forbes and Thomas Heath) reports that, when it comes to a cash comparison of local pro sports owners, Ted Lerner is really rich. So is Daniel Snyder, but less so.
...
We'll also be doing some upgrades to this here blog in the next few hours, so it's possible that you will be unable to post comments for an hour or so at some point. Might be a good idea to get some exercise so that you're ready to BYGO when we're open for business again.

By Cindy Boren  |  March 25, 2009; 12:47 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Position Battle: No. 3 Wide Receiver
Next: Montgomery Signs 1-Year Tender (Updated)

Comments

1st

Posted by: lilchenzo26 | March 25, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

I saw Cutler may have a drinking problem. That's a really bad thing for a diabetic to have.

Posted by: will_ga | March 25, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

I have to tell you it is so funny hearing the same people that bash Rogers and then jump all over his jock last year doing the same thing with Thomas, Davis, and Kelly. One would think you would have learned to give a player more than just one year.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | March 25, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

“The source said there are concerns about Cutler’s consumption of alcohol, and ‘that he’s not that sharp.’

“‘That scared the crap out of McDaniels,’ the source said.”

Posted by: will_ga | March 25, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

uhmm, there is no information here. aren't news papers supposed to supply news?

Posted by: whynot991 | March 25, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Um, Samson, you made a long rambling post on the last thread responding to comment that you attributed to me. It wasn't me that said it.

Apology accepted.

Posted by: chrislarry | March 25, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

I would also like apologies from anyone who was thinking of being mean to me.

~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | March 25, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

I like what I am seeing in the updates.
And just to update everyone. This is still the funniest thing ever.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 25, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

gerbils or hamsters ... hamsters or gerbils?

Posted by: periculum | March 25, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Crazy richard gear

Posted by: alex35332 | March 25, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Redskins cut and paster hard at work

Posted by: jonthefisherman | March 25, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

I think we should get a frisbee dog to be our 3rd wide receiver.

A really big, mean one.

And if we're not going to do that, let's think about playing 2 tight ends more often.

(This assumes we can barely put 2 competent wide receivers on the field again this year, let alone three. If Kelly and/or Thomas steps it up, then great.)
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | March 25, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

1st since comments reopened!

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 25, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

nevermind..........

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 25, 2009 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Is this thing working again??

Posted by: BeantownGreg | March 25, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Is this thing working again??

Posted by: BeantownGreg | March 25, 2009 1:59 PM
=========================
That depends on what you mean by "working".
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | March 25, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Qoute from Zorn via Maske:

"
How will your second training camp be different from your first, and how will it be the same?

"It won't be as long because we don't have the Hall of Fame Game. Two things happened to us in training camp last year. We lost our best run-stopping defensive lineman on the very first day, on the very first one-on-one blocking drill with our d-line. He blew his knee out, Phillip Daniels. So the second day we lost another defensive lineman for the whole season.... So the first two days of training camp, we lost two guys for the season. That's got to be different. Okay, yeah, you can't predict that. I don't control that. I have to talk to God about those kinds of things.
"

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 25, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

uhmm, there is no information here. aren't news papers supposed to supply news?

Posted by: whynot991 | March 25, 2009 1:05 PM

Click on the link to Maske. He had a real long interview with Zorn. More info relative to the Skins than we got from Jasno in the last 6 months. Other than his expert analysis of how terrible they are.

Posted by: Posse81_83_84 | March 25, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

From Maske's Blog:

"
Congressman Praises DirecTV Deal
Rep. Joe Barton (R-Tex.) praised the NFL's extension of its deal with DirecTV for the league's "Sunday Ticket" package.

Under the terms of the deal, announced Monday, consumers in areas in which DirecTV service is not available will be able to purchase a new "Sunday Ticket" broadband package.

"Speaking as a hard core Cowboys fan, I'm excited that the NFL and DirecTV extended the Sunday Ticket through the 2014 season," Barton, the ranking Republican member of the House energy and commerce committee, said in a written statement released today. "As a broadband backer, I am enthused that they're using the internet to stream games to a global audience.

"Next they'll be watching the Cowboys whip the Redskins in Texas and in Washington, as usual, but maybe even in Timbuktu. Broadband is ready for prime time and the decision demonstrates the truth of what I've said for quite awhile: We've never had more video options or better technology, and when the government stays out of the way, good things happen for television viewers."
"

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 25, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

F Joe Barton.

~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | March 25, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Cindy Boren | March 25, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Danny worth $1billion. Means the Skins are easily his #1 asset, especially since it includes the stadium which is probably worth 1/2. And while Danny could get a loan against the asset, the stadium itself isn't very liquid.

Danny has a lot less wiggle room financially than I'd imagined

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 25, 2009 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we'll get lucky and Joe Barton will get hit by a city bus with a Redskins advertisement on it

Posted by: ecale25 | March 25, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

It's nice to hear the coach's confidence in Campbell, because half of these fans would start Colt Brennan. Brennan is the THIRD best QB on the team

THIRD STRING, you thought I didn't know what that meant....so there

Posted by: pabrian2003 | March 25, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Cindy

'...beep beep...'

Are you suggesting with this post we bring in the Road Runner as our third wide receiver?

I would agree, but I've heard this bird, like so many, has great speed but no hands.

If that bird came here, he'd probably lay an egg.

(INSERT bad joke groan and image of Rodney "Moe" Dangerfield yanking his tie while complaining about the lack of respect he gets in this blog.)

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 25, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

"uhmm, there is no information here. aren't news papers supposed to supply news?

Posted by: whynot991 | March 25, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse"

Wow are you an ignoramus.....

Posted by: chrislarry | March 25, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

pabian2003

'....Brennan is the THIRD best QB on the team...'

Because I'm not a member of the Cult O' Colt, I endorse giving him a pink slip and bringing in B. Leftwich.

With Leftwich, I know what I have.

With Colt, all I know I have comes in the
3rd string images of the final quarter of a preseason game.

And that ain't much.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 25, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

I have watched Colt Brennan for years at Hawaii and saw him in pre-season last year. This kid has the ability and skill to be a pro bowl QB, He has a quick release, see's the whole field, makes quick reads and is more accurate than Matt Ryan and Flacco! I watched him in the QB challenge before the draft and he was spectacular at putting the ball in the receivers hands
better than the last two. John Madden said this kid was going to be a star! Put him in!

Posted by: KurtShanaman | March 25, 2009 6:03 PM | Report abuse

With Leftwich, I know what I have.
________
No you don't. If Leftwich was so good he would still be the starting QB of the Jaguars. And if he is so good why isn't the talk about him and why aren't teams interested in him like Cutler??? What the Skins don't need is another QB who has reached his limit.. (and that limit wasn't good enough to keep his job)

Posted by: sovine08 | March 26, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

With Colt, all I know I have comes in the
3rd string images of the final quarter of a preseason game.
And that ain't much.
_____
No is not much to go on but Colt did everything and more that was expected of him it's not his fault he didn't get a chance to play more. In fact we would know more IF Zorn let him play at the end of the season last year.. I for one would have loved to see Colt play that last game just to get a better idea of how he performs in a real game. Now Zorn is already declaring Campbell as his starter. In Minnesota and Cleveland they announced there will be OPEN COMPETITIONS at QB... Why can't Washington do the same? You say don't have much to judge Colt on? Fine.. Give him a CHANCE to start.. He's not afraid of a challenge.. why is Campbell???

Posted by: sovine08 | March 26, 2009 9:57 AM | Report abuse