Zorn Says Public Statement Isn't Needed

In the wake of the revelation that some prominent Redskins would appreciate a show of support from management for their coach, Jim Zorn said he didn't need such an endorsement to carry forth with his job.

"I can't speak for those guys, because they're grown men," Zorn said. "I think we're all together. I don't think that that has to be done for me to feel better about myself and what we're doing. I think Mr. [Daniel] Snyder, he's tried to help in every way he can to get this team the way it needs to be. And sometimes, you know, it's a process. So, I can't answer more to that question."

In his daily meeting with reporters, Zorn was then asked what it meant to have support from his players.

"It's awesome to have support, and just to know that that's really what's been going on all year, is that these guys are in," Zorn said. "We talked about it this morning. You know what reflects? Not just the talk. What reflects in the idea that they're all in, and they're supportive, is how they example that talk. They really work at it. They're really working hard.

"We're 2-3," Zorn said. "We know our record. But they're out enjoying themselves, trying to get better and better each and every day, listening to coaches, trying to pay attention to all those things that we have to do to improve. I'm really proud of them. I really am."

By Barry Svrluga  |  October 15, 2009; 4:13 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Daniels Expects to Be Ready Sunday
Next: Burgundy & Gold Daily

Comments

Redskin fans attending the game this Sunday....During the Rock and Roll Part II song, please direct your "hey...you suck" at Dan $nyders booth. Spread the word.

Posted by: timchadwick | October 15, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

So we're 5 weeks into Debacle '09 ® and lets look at the injury list

Samuels, Daniels, Griff and R Thomas

Anyone surprised at ANY of this?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 15, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

You are missing Portis (Leg?) and Kelly (Hand)

And didn't someone pull their glutes? oh yeah that was Haynesworth

Posted by: Veretax

Point was the 4 of our oldest players with known injury histories are .... injured. Like gambling in Casablanca, "I'm shocked"

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 15, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

If he fell out, then I apologize. But im willing to bet that he never got in in the first place.

If he did fall out, then the parents should be tried for murder for being so freaking stupid.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 15, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

I plan on boycotting this game, however that bama red stole my free Dallas ticks yesterday....bama-azz mofo...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 15, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

If Jim Zorn wants support, he needs to buy a dog.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 15, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Someone please answer this question for me - are other owners constantly referred to as "Mr. last name" by players and their coaches or does is it just Snyder? It drives me crazy - I call no one I work with by anything other than their first names, including the partners that have been at the firm for 50+ years - I mean, isn't Jerry Jones always Jerry?

Posted by: suzannepdc | October 15, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

How about a statement on the field of play?

(Other than, hey we couldn't beat a championship pop warner team)

Posted by: chrislarry | October 15, 2009 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Lest you forget, oft injured Shawn Springs, Marcus Washington, Jon Jansen and Jason Taylor were sent packing. I think the team tried to improve on the injury front but the cold hard fact is those guys you mentioned are just getting old in football years.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 15, 2009 4:34 PM | Report abuse

What you just said here is pretty much insane.

No cap doesn't mean you give one of the worst starters in the league a top 5 salary for a season without blinking. If he's not good, let him go and find someone who is.

He's not going to have trade value and giving him the tag would make absolutely no sense.

Posted by: dfbovey | October 15, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Brodie Croyle
Jake Delhomme
Tarvaris Jackson
Jon Kitna
Josh McCown
Matt Moore
Kyle Orton(Will probably be given an offer by Denver)
Chris Redman
Sage Rosenfels
D.J. Shockley
Troy Smith
Brian St. Pierre
Charlie Whitehurst

Draft QB and start a rookie without a decent left or right tackle. Do you want to kill:
Locker
Bradford
McCoy
Claussen

Or do want to take yet another gamble on yet another mediocre QB and get him slightly maimed. You can take a left tackle in the first and possibly get one of these in the second.

Tebow
Snead
Pike

O yeah, that's way better than JC!!! You are the one who is insane. We need a line more than we need a QB. We'll get a QB when we can protect him.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 15, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

There are no better free agent QBs than JC. We can't just pick someone up. Perosnally, I'd sign JC to a low ball short term contract but if you really don't like him franchising him would be expensive but you could cut ties with him next year. That's the same year that Todd Collins contract runs out. You could draft your QB of the future in 2011 and have colt as your backup and not be stuck with any dead cap.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 15, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 15, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

_________________________

It's not a matter of who's better than Campbell. Which in reality, there are 5 prospects in this coming draft who are rated higher than Campbell when he was drafted.

The insanity is that you want to pay him as a top 5 quarterback. If you want to keep him, sign him to an actual deal. Franchise tagging him would be a stupid move.

Posted by: dfbovey | October 15, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

no no no, they don't have to franchise JC. If 2010 is uncapped, the length of service to qualify for unrestricted FA status goes from 4 to 6 years.
Therefore, they can tender JC an offer (either a 1st round or 3rd round, IIRC), and if anyone else beats the offer, they have to give the skins their pick of that round.
So if you think JC is worth having as a backup, if nothing else, the tender isn't going to be that high -- particularly in an uncapped year. Even if you plan to get rid of him, maybe they tender at a 1st round level, then negotiate a trade for his rights.

Posted by: daggar

Posted by: daggar | October 15, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Here's a site I found that addresses the fans' sentiment about toxic Snyder, includes a petition, and has an "action" plan for fans.

www.fanexodus.com

===========================================
If you have already purchased tickets, they're already paid for. Go to the game. Wear black. But do NOT buy any concessions. We've been working with these folks on twitter. BurgundyRevolution has posted this link regarding actions to take for this upcoming game:
BurgandyRevolution - Black Sunday

This week's fan action: Boycott concessions at the Chiefs game. Wear black if you are going to the game

===========================================

Posted by: LaRou | October 15, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dfbovey | October 15, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

I think you jumped into the conversation late. I originally suggested signing him to a lowball deal. This was a scenario where we wanted to get rid of him when we drafted a QB in 2011. That was the whole deal with the Franchise. The money doesn't matter and you can wash your hands with him after a year.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 15, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

First choose a coach.
Then determine if that coach can use JC to full effect.
Then decide to sign, tender, trade, or wave goodbye.

Posted by: daggar | October 15, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Kind of odd about that kid. Ft. Collins is only 20 minutes or so away from Cheyenne.

Not looking good.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 4:43 PM | Report abuse

That means nothing. There were several QBs rated higher than Brady when he came out of the draft too. And where do you get this "top 5" QB money stuff from? It won't cost them that much to bring him back and they definately won't have to franchise tag him.

Posted by: dcwun | October 15, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Latest we're hearing is police are searching for some sort of box that might have been the bottom part of the ballon.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 15, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 15, 2009 4:31 PM

Making jokes about a possibly dead child disqualifies you from making moral judgments about anything. Stop posting on here and get to work trying to figure out what the f is wrong with you.

Posted by: mack1 | October 15, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

So some players want the owner to openly endorse Zorn: Why don't these players openly endorse Zorn by winning some fuc$ing games while playing at an NFL level like most other teams are doing. Stop wasting your energy worrying about your coach and focus on your next opponent and play to win the damn game...OPENLY ENDORSE WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: pennstate1 | October 15, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 15, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

---------------

I responded specifically to a comment suggesting that we should keep Campbell by placing a franchise tag on him because it will be an uncapped year. So the top 5 salary wouldn't matter. Which I think would be idiotic. Sorry. I'm sure Dan Snyder would love to spend 12 million + dollars for a tackling dummy.

Posted by: dfbovey | October 15, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

===========================================

Posted by: LaRou | October 15, 2009 4:41 PM

... or "maroon and black".

Seriously, I'm with Zorn (at least the words he's saying). Time to get over it, get out, win a game, then get over that, get out, win another game, then keep doing it through December. Like Sellers, positivity ... except at the concessions stand ... no concessions! Too much negativity ... on my wallet.

Posted by: dcsween | October 15, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: daggar

Posted by: daggar | October 15, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

I forgot about that 6 year thing. So basically we can draft 2 tackles this year and let him play until we draft a QB in 2011 and it will only cost us like 2 mil?

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 15, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

www.fanexodus.com

===========================================
BurgandyRevolution - Black Sunday

===========================================

Posted by: LaRou

Yeah, I'm going to starve myself while at the game. Sure, no problem. I'm sure a stadium full of people dressed in black will REALLY inspire our average team to victory.

Posted by: dcwun | October 15, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

But I would imagine the parents would have noticed if there was part of the balloon missing.

Even if he was in there, it was filled with helium, he would not have been able to breathe. I think they will find him.

Not sure if you have ever been ti Wyoming/Northern Colorado, but there is ALOT of wide open space....sometimes for miles and miles.

Lots of places to look.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have any visual evidence the boy was actually in the ballon while in the air?

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 15, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

included in my boycott of the game this weekend, is me also boycotting the concession stand at the boycotted game....I'm making a pb & fluff sammich, and stuffing it in my pocket, for when I don't go to the game....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 15, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4-12 | October 15, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcwun | October 15, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Top 5 money is what you pay a franchised tagged player, which was the suggestion made by the post I responded to.

I realize that we won't have to tag him, but that someone even suggested it, is retarded.

Either way, I don't see how this front office will keep him. They are desperate to replace him and will probably do anything in their power to make sure there is a new starting QB here next year.

Posted by: dfbovey | October 15, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Not really, the kids older brither said he saw the kid get in....now they are saying he said "on" as opposed to "in".

If he was on top of that thing with the wind we have been having, not good.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1

Shut the fuc% up. You know nothing about me. I've been posting on here for years, and I've never seen your name here before today.

All I said was "would you like to fly in my beautiful balloon". When I said it, it was sounding like he was in the balloon safely and they were tracking it to the ground. I certainly didnt think/hope he was dead in the balloon or OUT of the balloon.

Get off your f***ing high horse and get off my back, jagoff.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 15, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Why the hell werent the kids in school?

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dfbovey

You can put Peyton Manning behind that line and he would be average. All of the money needs to go to drafting and building a line and not a QB. Until the line is addressed, we'll keep going through QBs every other year.

Posted by: dcwun | October 15, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone asked JC17 if he would sign him. The Skins FO has not exactly made it easy for him. A team like Oakland would surely take a shot at him.

If I was him I would walk just to stick it to the Danny.

Anyone beleive that Colt Brennan is the future?

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

From RI:
=============================

================================

69.

Posted by: ElDrano | October 15, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

You can put Peyton Manning behind that line and he would be average.

I completely disagree with you. Let's call the league and make them do the switch for a few games, just to prove one of us right.

Posted by: daggar | October 15, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcwun | October 15, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

____________

I've said for the past few days that I'd want them to take Russell Okung with their first round pick.

But I'd say the chances of Campbell being here next year are very slim. It's just reality. I can't say I'd miss him, because he's just not very good.

Posted by: dfbovey | October 15, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

From RI:
=============================

================================
Enjoying themselves huh coach? When he's fired soon, I just hope he takes his "West Coast" offense back to Seattle with him.

Posted by: dcwun | October 15, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 15, 2009 4:56 PM

I know you're garbage Rypien. The rest I don't care about.

Posted by: mack1 | October 15, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

You can put Peyton Manning behind that line and he would be average.

Posted by: daggar

The league would tell you I'm right.

Posted by: dcwun | October 15, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

You can put Peyton Manning behind that line and he would be average.

Posted by: daggar

The league would tell you I'm right.

Posted by: dcwun | October 15, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

If Gruden is our HC next year we'll probably bring everyone on that list into camp. It'll be a QB carousel of fun.

Posted by: sfskin | October 15, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

I know you're garbage Rypien. The rest I don't care about.

Posted by: mack1

That's fine if you want to think that. Keep your overemotional feelings to yourself then, since you haven't an idea what you're talking about.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 15, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

But the Union would tell you JC deserves the same contract as Manning.

And since when does the word 'crazy' mean 'right'?

Posted by: daggar | October 15, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

I heard the kid fell out of the balloon and wound up in the Mayo Clinic.

The doctors said it was a hell of a bounce.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | October 15, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

in FF, its a showdown between the top 2 teams, 4-1 Dealer and 5-0 Suzanne. Dealer has 5 players with a bye week and another key guy injured.

So, Suzanne has to be favored in this crucial matchup.

And I deliberately skipped using any double entendre -- Suzanne on top, Dealer coming up short, etc, just to prove I'm finally maturing :)

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 15, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

I think Mack1 and Rypien11 should do blogosphere cyber-battle.

Each of you hold down the spacebar with both of your thumbs and whoever lets go first loses.

One...Two...Three...GO

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

But we'll be set up to run the wildcat, just as everyone figures out how to solve it.

Posted by: daggar | October 15, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

I heard the kid fell out of the balloon and wound up in the Mayo Clinic.

The doctors said it was a hell of a bounce.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | October 15, 2009 5:09 PM
I take it back Rypien. This POS is way worse.

Posted by: mack1 | October 15, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Got our (what I believe to be) first black out of the season: Eagles v. Oakland will NOT be seen in Oakland - shockingly, not sold out (but I do feel bad for Raiders fans in the area).

And 6-0, here I come!

Posted by: suzannepdc | October 15, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

There you go. I didn't even mention the kid at all.

I made the comment from work where I can't get streaming video, so all I knew was from an email I received, which said they were waiting for him to come down. So to me, it sounded like he was safe.

I certainly never thought he was in danger or the severity of the situation.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 15, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

I take it back Rypien. This POS is way worse.

Posted by: mack1 | October 15, 2009 5:12 PM |
------------------------------------
Oh, I posted that SPECIFICALLY for you after watching your pathetic meltdown re Rypien's earlier comments.

You make a great fishwife with all that wailing and moaning, little buddy.

Carry on.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | October 15, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Dallas police seek pudgy naked backyard dancer

The Associated Press
Thursday, October 8, 2009 9:02 PM

DALLAS -- Dallas police are looking for a man who they said repeatedly sneaks into backyards, dances around naked and then runs away. Police believe the man has been exposing himself in the same neighborhood since 2005. The most recent incident was on Sept. 30.

Police said he usually climbs a fence or goes through a gate and either dances naked or jumps in a swimming pool naked. Police said he also has danced naked on top of a backyard air conditioning unit.

-----

Information from: The Dallas Morning News,http://www.dallasnews.com

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 15, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

well, that's just wonderful

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | October 15, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

God forbid he starts singing.

Posted by: daggar | October 15, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: daggar | October 15, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of defending the Wildcat, why don't teams just blitz everyone to defend it? Just put an all-out blitz except for the free safety and the corners?

The reason teams don't all-out blitz a QB is b/c the QB is going to find a hot-read and get the ball out to a receiver.

But how likely is it that a RB is going to be able to find the hot-read and put the ball on the money to a receiver in a situation like that? Isn't he more likely to eat the loss or - if he does put the ball up - get the pass intercepted or knocked down?

Posted by: p1funk | October 15, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Pudgy naked man in dallas covering his face huh?

That reminds me...has anyone thought about Jimmy Johnson as a head coach?

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

I think it was Michael Irvin when he goes on his Crack binges.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 15, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

It's not JJ...It's Michael Irving when he goes on Crack Binges

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 15, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Im not sure how I would feel about someone dancing naked in my backyard; depends on the dance I guess.

If its a strip-tease Im gonna be pretty cranky

But if its a Tom Cruise Risky Business thing, I think i would have to laugh.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

My (admittedly limited) understanding of the Wildcat is that it really forces the defense to maintain position discipline; a lot of teams that are successful blitzing (like the Ravens) like to set up an unbalanced line (five guys on one side, three on the other, etc.), which makes that discipline difficult to maintain.

Posted by: daggar | October 15, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

... Police said they're looking for a pudgy man who is about 6 feet tall and covers his face while dancing. ...

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 15, 2009 5:19 PM

Those two clues eliminate chRIs laRRy from the list of suspects.

Re: things escalating ... I assume this guy takes matters into his own hand afterward.

Posted by: dcsween | October 15, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead

Sorry, not buying it.

Thomas had a near career ending injury last year that required neck surgery. He showed up to camp with a plate and a bunch of screws holding it in place (YUP).

Samuels has had Stenosis for three years now. Of the last three seasons, how many have they finished and in what shape.

WTF!!!

No draft picks used to have replacements in the wings? You're darn right they are getting old in football years, so F'n why wasn't there any plan for transition?

Complete incompetence. So predictable.

Posted by: edvar | October 15, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Do not buy concessions at Fedex field - if you must go.

Better to boycott the game and watch it at home. Let Dan know he needs to back off and turn it over to a real GM.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | October 15, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

good job sween

stroke of genius...

oops

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: timchadwick | October 15, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

exactly where is "mr snyder's" booth located? on the 50 home side i assume?

perhaps this should be something of an ongoing tradition.......

or what about "snyder sucks" instead? don't really know if he'll get the whole pointing thing. this game could have a few interesting chants coming from the stands- wait til philly!

Posted by: cancunlizzard | October 15, 2009 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: timchadwick | October 15, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

exactly where is "mr snyder's" booth located? on the 50 home side i assume?

perhaps this should be something of an ongoing tradition.......

Posted by: cancunlizzard | October 15, 2009 5:34 PM | Report abuse

"Dallas Police Senior Cpl. Janice Crowther said police want to catch him before it escalates into something worse."

God forbid he starts singing.

Posted by: daggar | October 15, 2009 5:23 PM

The Unknown Comic, Final Chapter

Posted by: dcsween | October 15, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Suzanne, you are indeed cruising this season ... but are you in Oakland? Thought you were somewhere deep in Texas ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 15, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Blind optimism time!

'Skins win all their home games (still possible), win in Oakland (possible) and take a game in Philly or D*ll*s (stay with me here!).

Washington win 10 games minimum and finish 4-2 in division.

Deep playoff run followed by a draft high on OL. Superbowl wins in 2011 and 2012.

Now, doesn't that feel better?

HTTR!

Posted by: stevebeagrie | October 15, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone seen the John Riggins YouTube video ripping Vinnie and Zorn. It's both hilarious and depressing.... and true of course. It's worth a look.

Posted by: RollyMac | October 15, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Zeke - I'm stuck in Houston with John!

I meant the we as a royal "we" - that I think it's the first blackout for the NFL, unless I missed a Jaguars game in there somewhere. I only have to worry about Texans blackouts, and well, I might not actually notice.

Posted by: suzannepdc | October 15, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

it's funny that the skins are dominating the espn nfl headlines. speaking of espn headlines, check out the headlines..."pen is mightier"...pen is. mightier. LOL.

Posted by: kman2 | October 15, 2009 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Thanks 4th you made me LOL and then I had the image of naked pudgy man covering his face (with hands presumably or would he be wearing a mask a la Lucha Libre?) dancing in backyard and then sween had to add to it thanks pal! : )

I just hope he tans and grooms in effort to put on a good show.

And I agree if it is a strip tease then I'm not down but if it has panache and jazz hands well that might merit a few seconds of looking and then applause before the 911.

Posted by: sfskin | October 15, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

How ironic is it that the balloon kid's name is Falcon.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | October 15, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Wow

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Game of the week I hope - Gints v. Saints

well of course besides the tribal war that will take place at FedEx.

Posted by: sfskin | October 15, 2009 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Raiders get blacked out pretty often. Its news when you can see a home game

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 15, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

This will be the gints first true test this season.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | October 15, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

I personally have had many blackouts

but I cant rmember how many

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

to the dummy who complained about having to "starve" at the game if they don't buy concessions, ever heard of eating before you go, genius? or at the tailgate in the lot? god, the excuses people come up with for wimping out on showing some spine.

Posted by: greatteamdan | October 15, 2009 6:02 PM | Report abuse

Too bad that wasnt Vinny in the baloon

Posted by: ocskins | October 15, 2009 6:03 PM | Report abuse

The boy's alive, fine....at home...

Posted by: 4-12 | October 15, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

4-12

Is that confirmed...through who?

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Just heard they found the boy hiding in a box in the attic...

In a totally unrelated story; Jiffy Pop sales are up 118%

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Listening to presser....hiding in box in attic whole time.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 15, 2009 6:12 PM | Report abuse

I feel for Zorn, but sometimes he sounds a little too much like SNL's Stuart Smiley (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/91/91asmalley.phtml):
"You know what? I think this is the best show I've ever done. And you know what? I deserve it! Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, people like me!" [except John Riggins...]

Posted by: blackjack65 | October 15, 2009 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: learnedhand1 | October 15, 2009 6:12 PM | Report abuse

A WORD OF ADVICE FOR DeAngelo HALL SHUT UP AND PLAY BALL NO ONE APPOINTED YOU TEAM SPOKESPERSON SO SHUT THE HELL UP!!!.

Posted by: dargregmag | October 15, 2009 6:12 PM | Report abuse

zeke- counter proposal waiting for you..

Posted by: 4-12 | October 15, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Now Mack can stop crying about it....

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 15, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Do not buy concessions at Fedex field - if you must go.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | October 15, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Says the guys that don't go to the games

Posted by: jumbo5383 | October 15, 2009 6:16 PM | Report abuse

I am pretty sure I would hug him and then beat the hell out of him.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 15, 2009 6:18 PM | Report abuse

sweet offer 4-12 !!! Then I realized you wanted Ray Rice, not Sidney Rice :)

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 15, 2009 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Oh please i could take any one coaching the skins but not Jimmy Johnson oh please let him stay where he is far away from us

Posted by: joevick | October 15, 2009 6:25 PM | Report abuse

The kid is alive. Hey now Rypien's joke is funny!

MrRedskin21 I'm curious, other than the sniping you do on here, do you have any other contact with people?

Posted by: mack1 | October 15, 2009 6:27 PM | Report abuse

4-12, if you're still around -- I got Buckhalter and Royal on my bench most every week -- two pretty good players -- plus the Cincy defense which is top 10 despite a tough schedule. You've got Stewart, Bush, Cadillac and Winslow sitting on your bench most weeks.

If there's a trade in here somewhere, its among that group.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 15, 2009 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Gotcha zeke. On the way out the door now. With B.Marshall, I'll pass on the other Broncos.
Think about Winslow for Julius Jones...still let's you keep your top 2 RB.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 15, 2009 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Eh, 'lets'...

Posted by: 4-12 | October 15, 2009 6:44 PM | Report abuse

I feel bad for Zorn, i bet this is not the burden he wants to be carrying..

Posted by: hanimal03 | October 15, 2009 6:47 PM | Report abuse

I heard the kid in the balloon story was inspired by that chubby kid in the movie "Up"

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 15, 2009 7:12 PM | Report abuse

Why should Snyder have to issue a statement for these guys to play well?

I'm with Dan on this one...I ain't saying nothin'....just play football.

Posted by: rickyroge | October 15, 2009 7:24 PM | Report abuse

I think it would be in the best interest of the defensive coaches to become creative with their schemes with their current personnel. First, the Orakpo experiment needs to end. Line the dude up at DE and let him thrive. Jarmon definitely needs more PT, as I've been impressed with what I've seen.

Since the roster has 3 strong safeties and only 1 free safety, here's what I propose. If the coaches feel that Blades doesn't fit at SLB, put Horton or Landry at a hybrid safety/LB position (I believe they call this position rover in college ball). Set Moore at FS and set the safety not playing rover at SS. It's difficult to keep Horton off the field as he always seems to be around the ball. Let those boys wreak havoc on opposing offenses, plus other teams won't be prepared for these new defensive looks.

IMHO, it seems like Landry is trying to be Sean Taylor (one of the best safeties I've EVER seen... RIP), where he needs to just play like LaRon Landry. How often have we seen Landry go for the kill-shot and end up whiffing. It's tragic.

Posted by: JinxMan | October 15, 2009 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hithere1 | October 15, 2009 7:30 PM | Report abuse

The Riggins tape is amazing stuff.

Posted by: tslats | October 15, 2009 7:51 PM | Report abuse

The kid is alive. Hey now Rypien's joke is funny!

Posted by: mack1 | October 15, 2009 6:27 PM |
---------------------

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | October 15, 2009 7:54 PM | Report abuse

I am stealing this from CheyenneWy:

"I personally have had many blackouts, but I can't remember how many...".

Very funny.

Very funny.

Very funny.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 15, 2009 8:11 PM | Report abuse

Here's a very public statement of support the players can show Coach Zorn on Sunday:

GET ON THE FIELD AND KNOCK THE SH IT OUT OF THE FIRST CHIEF YOU GET TO, BUST HIM RIGHT IN THE MOUTH. DO IT EVERY PLAY, ALL DAY. PLAY WITH SOME PRIDE, PLAY YOUR F UCKING HEARTS OUT TO THE FINAL WHISTLE, WIN THE DAM GAME, AND BEAT THE F UCKING CHIEFS!!!!!

that's the public support you need to show for Coach Zorn.

Posted by: 72Redskins | October 15, 2009 8:12 PM | Report abuse

Is this the same Zorn that ripped Durant Brooks' head off last year?

Posted by: Xlnt | October 15, 2009 8:14 PM | Report abuse

I was for the Orakpo experiment at LB, give him time to see what he can do and where he fits best. He's getting reps as a DE as well.

But ... why not give him more reps at DE for a few games? Not passing downs. See if he can be more of an every down DE. That also needs to be part of the thinking.

My thought. Move Daniels, who is hurting, to DT and have him join that rotation in the middle. There's room since Griffin is also dinged up there. Then rotate Orakpo, Carter and Jarmon as your DE's.

At LB, use Robert (twitter) Henson and get him some playing time.

Having Jarmon, Orakpo and Henson all out there at once would be worth seeing. Those 3 rookies are all pretty athletic.

Roughly 60 plays in a game for our defense. Orakpo, Jarmon and Carter play DE 40 plays each. Orakpo plays SLB about 10 plays, Henson plays SLB about 20 plays.

In the middle, Albert gets 40 plays, Golston gets 40, Lorenzo gets 20 and Daniels gets 20.

There's a lot to learn and with Griff and Daniels hurting, seems like a good time to let the young ones play.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 15, 2009 8:15 PM | Report abuse

MEMO FROM THE FRONT OFFICE TO THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS FOOTBALL TEAM

Gentlemen:

It has come to my attention that some of you are questioning the front office's commitment to winning.

In as much as I respect your right to have and voice an opinion, I really think you should concentrate on beating Kansas City this weekend and leave the business of running the front office to me.

To wit, I -- for one -- am sick and tired of all of the countless excuses for why you can't seem to get it done -- because of something that I allegedly have not done.

I think some of you may have confused me for that jolly fat fellow that slides down chimneys on Christmas eve delivering presents to all of the good little boys and girls. For example:

Clinton continues to yap on incessantly about his (former) glory years -- as if there's nothing left to play for any more. He also hints that there may be some dissent in the locker room, although he's not certain, because he continues to spend way too much time in the jacuzzi with me.

Jason spins up a new set of excuses every week about how and why he can't seem to score points or win games; why he needs a better protection or plays; more time to make and complete his reads; more respect and compassion from the coaching staff and his fellow players; a personal psychological counselor; a ballet coach to help him get his rhythm, footwork and throwing motions down, etc., ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

Coooley tells me he wants better music played during practices and (another) smoking hot cheerleader to keep him warm at nights.

Fat Albert just wants to eat, sleep and ride around in a golf cart all day... or at least half the time.

DeAngelo continues to offer multiple excuses why he can't even tackle an old white quarterback with bum knees.

Meanwhile, Collins -- our long-forgotten old white quarterback with bum knees -- has been practicing his Rodney Dangerfield routine -- and frankly, I don't think he gets or deserves any respect either.

Moss and El both want to borrow my elevator shoes to go up for passes.

Orakpo just wants to play a little more DE...

Sellout just wants to be left alone...

Medium Jim seems to have his game film projector set on an endless loop of futility -- and wants a rule book for Christmas.

And so it goes.

All in all, gentlemen -- I want to assure you that I have heard you, even if I don't necessarily agree with you. But regardless, I really think you should just focus on the next game -- and leave the business management, hiring and firing decisions to yours truly.

Otherwise, you just might wake up to find a lump of coal in your stockings.

Love
Dan Snidely
Team Owner and Dumb SOB Who Signs Your Paychecks

Posted by: Vic1 | October 15, 2009 8:18 PM | Report abuse

love it Vic!! Nice combo of cynicism and reality.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 15, 2009 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Zeke - where is the NewsRadio clips and the FF commentary? We don't have a whole lot going on to be excited about - if you can carry the weight it will help us all.

I will repeat my prediction: Redskins crush KC, which is a very poor team. 30-7 is my count.

Posted by: zornskins2 | October 15, 2009 8:46 PM | Report abuse

If the skins score 30 points, and over 20 on offense, then I'd like to presume that it means that JZ --> JC has finally clicked in some way.
For which it's probably too late at this point to salvage anything, but boy it would be nice to see some potential realized!

Posted by: daggar | October 15, 2009 8:58 PM | Report abuse

Hola Zorns, I did the FF commentary yesterday, but someone else has been doing the NewsRadio clips.

Its you and I this weekend -- and the prediction is that you win 132-123

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 15, 2009 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Here you go:

FFUpdate

The tightly contested Hamsters league had a swinging weekend.

Suzanne continued to trip her competition, with an 88-75 win over Coproliths. Her win came on the heels of strong games for Matt Schaub, Cedric Benson and Brandon Marshall. It did not come on the hells of her kicker, since she had none.

Zornskins moved to 3-2 with a 92-44 win over Butz. mcnabb, Adrian Peterson and TJ Housh all had big days for Zorn.

Ahmad's Realskins also moved to 3-2, easily taking care of the winless Koolaid Kids, 82-32. Koolaid had 5 players that each had zero points.

Etrod's E Funk also moved to 3-2, and into a tie with Sween's Hamstweengs. Funk's 95-51 win was led by Peyton and Michael Turner combined for 50 points. Stweengs 4 pass catchers only netted him 11 points.

In an ugly battle Dealer led Alpa Chino, 38-36 going into Monday night's game, with the jints defense and kicker providing 34 points for dealer. Dealer left 3 guys with BYEs in his lineup, as the Chinos managed to have no one hit double digits. On MNF, Dealer opened up and won 70-36.

It would come down to Monday night for my Salmon team vs cL's Bombers. cL rode Roddy White's 39 point game to a 5 point lead going into the decisive Jets/Miami clash. Salmon trailed until Thomas Jones scored a TD in 4th quarter, then another, resulting in a 78-61 win. cL had a -6 points in the MNF game from the Jets defense and a shutout of Dustin Keller.

Suzanne's Trippin Billies lead the league with a perfect 5-0 record, with Dealer at 4-1.

*****
Dealer and Suzanne play this weekend ... and Dealer has about 5 guys on BYE + a hurting Frank Gore.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 15, 2009 9:03 PM | Report abuse

Zeke -- I agree -- Let Orakpo and Jarmon play LDE and either sit Daniels or let him rotate in at DT on passing downs. It's hard to understand how Daniels will be able to play the run effectively with a torn bicep and one arm.

However, I'd play Wilson and Blades at SLB -- Henson is a WLB...

Posted by: siris | October 15, 2009 9:16 PM | Report abuse

However, I'd play Wilson and Blades at SLB -- Henson is a WLB...

Posted by: siris

Only saw 1 preseason game, so I didn't realize Henson was weak side. Guy has speed, so I guessed he'd be a cover sort.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 15, 2009 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Herein lies the problem, Zorn proclaims that he's proud of the team. Non of those guys have to worry about losing their jobs. It's a go through the motion atmosphere from here on out.

Posted by: joeboggs | October 15, 2009 9:36 PM | Report abuse

Vic, the only problem with Snyder writing a memo berating the folks mentioned therein is that he (and Vinny) are primarily responsible for assembling them.

That comes with being so hands-on. You might get credit for the success, but you MUST also take blame for the failures.

Posted by: Alan4 | October 15, 2009 9:48 PM | Report abuse

Newsradio clips are Scamp's gig.

Posted by: freakzilla | October 15, 2009 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JinxMan | October 15, 2009 7:29 PM

Until his final season, Sean Taylor nearly always went for the kill shot and often whiffed. Just sayin'.

Posted by: dcsween | October 15, 2009 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 15, 2009 10:10 PM | Report abuse

The boy's alive, fine....at home...

Posted by: 4-12 | October 15, 2009 6:08 PM

Faux News dama over for the day?

Now, everyone watching this Faux Drama gets to kane littile Falcon once....

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 15, 2009 10:20 PM | Report abuse

Oh yeah....

***FF Post***

ChriS LaRRy is on a 3 game losing streak since beating Moi. And I am on a 3 game winning streak since playing him.

Patience Cl....You'll soon be battiling just to make it to the playoffs....

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 15, 2009 10:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | October 15, 2009 10:09 PM | Report abuse

And remember his rookie year?

We played Seattle as a Playoff Wildcard.

I recall Landry posting 5-tackles and 2-ints. That's the type of stats I'd associate with Sean Taylor.

I thought he flashed some potential by making plays as a rookie--who lost a teammate that year--playing an away playoff game.

The fact that the NFL is a 'What-have-you-done-for-me-lately' league, it would be reasonable to assume if he does not flash that same potential soon, he'll be outta here.

Posted by: Vicc | October 15, 2009 10:25 PM | Report abuse

How about some shotgun and roll Soups out occasionally to keep the "D" from tee'ing off on him.... I know it takes away half the field but guess what... that's why they invented "overload" routes...

Just a thought!!

CLEGG

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | October 15, 2009 10:39 PM | Report abuse

***FF Post***

Patience Cl....You'll soon be battiling just to make it to the playoffs....

I am battling now...but I already won 1 of my SBs in that league.

Posted by: chrislarry | October 15, 2009 11:04 PM | Report abuse

Wheres the link to the Riggins tape yawl keep talkin bout awlreadi, Geez.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | October 15, 2009 11:08 PM | Report abuse

Lavar seldom whiffed on his kill shots and Greg Williams had the nerve to say that #21 was the best defensive player he had ever seen.

Not trying to dimishmish #21, but he was no Lavar.

Greg's greatest mistake was not developing them both together.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | October 15, 2009 11:17 PM | Report abuse

diminish...

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | October 15, 2009 11:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: will_ga | October 15, 2009 11:22 PM | Report abuse

Larry,

You have lost your collective mind!! I say collective b/c it's obvious that you are not stable and must have multiple personalities.... 21 was on his was to being one of the most feared players in this league... he was a game changer. LaVar was an impact player, no doubt, but not the athlete that ST21 was...

ps- i'm sure you have one personality.. just one misguided one on this subject.

CLEGG

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | October 15, 2009 11:24 PM | Report abuse

Why are these players backing a loser for a coach?? Is he easy on them? Does he not demand them to be their best?.....this is a joke!!! The more I read these articles the more pissed I am about where this team is, but what is more depressing is we aren't going up with this leadership or most of these players!!!!...those are the facts!

Posted by: jcrabbe1 | October 15, 2009 11:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: tslats | October 15, 2009 11:27 PM | Report abuse

I install the Wildcat with Randle El in as QB at least on third and longs.

I hire Rick "Doc" Walker as General Manager. Rick is respected. Has accomplished "eyes" and knows personnel as good as anyone.

I team Rick with Russ Grimm as head coach and let THEM pic offensive and defensive coordinators and let them rebuild this team from the INSIDE OUT. O line first blah blah blah.

This is one answer and I think it would be a long term and prosperous answer

Posted by: jrickperryjr | October 15, 2009 11:32 PM | Report abuse

Today, we are all balloon boy.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | October 16, 2009 12:33 AM | Report abuse

Today, we are all hiding in the attic because we're afraid our dads will be mad at us.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 16, 2009 1:03 AM | Report abuse

BREAKING NEWS.............
I was wondering why No Fun League Comm. Roger Goodell was pussyfooting around with that BIGOT buying the rams. If you heard the sound bite of him responding to the NFLN reporter it was straight up wimp style, and although the Bigot's partner actually dropped him first to enhance his chances of buying the team, I now know why puss Goodell's response was so lackluster and late as it was. It turns out that Goodell's spouse is an anchor for FOX NEWS! This info was reported on Countdown with K.O., which is one of the few places you can get real news and perspectives on current and past events. ESPN radio has since reported that Marshall Faulk is contemplating getting into the bid for the team now. Stay tuned, pretty soon the BIGOT will be blaming all of this on our president. BOOK IT!

Posted by: jenksredskins | October 16, 2009 1:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: timchadwick | October 15, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Yeeeeeaaaaahhhh!!!! That'll show 'em!!! LOL!!!

Posted by: Barno1 | October 16, 2009 1:42 AM | Report abuse

I didn't mean Limbaugh, by the way.

Except to point and laugh.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | October 16, 2009 1:45 AM | Report abuse

If anyone wants a free hot dog, beer, soda, pretzel, etc, at the upcoming game...come to the end zone bar area closest to sect 110. I'll be there handing out free food/drinks before the game and at halftime. I'll be buying as much Redskins concessions as possible to help offset the few people who are boycotting the concessions. I want to help my team in any way I can, and that includes lining their pockets.

Come one, come all! Boo the boycott!

Posted by: Barno1 | October 16, 2009 1:46 AM | Report abuse

Last week I watched Tom Brady 'lock in' on a receiver, wait as long as possible to throw the ball, get hit and fumble. JC does this, and the peanut gallery gets apoplectic.
Did Mark Rypien 'look off' receivers? Doug Williams? Theisman? Or maybe these guys had time to throw the ball? If anything JC would need to leave the 'Skins just to latch onto a quality team when he's in his prime, because it will be 2-3 years before this team is competitive again. I could see JC ending up in Carolina, or Jacksonville, or anywhere that runs a system that better suits his talent.
Can we name one Redskin receiver that could have made the play Santonio Holmes made in the Super Bowl? If JC had thrown a pass like Rothlesburger's, again the peanut gallery would excoriate him for 'throwing across his body' or ' throwing into coverage' as the pass sailed through his receiver's hands. This kid damn near has to throw a perfect pass because 1) he doesn't get time to throw and 2) he doesn't have receivers who can make plays on balls thrown near them.
JC deserves better, yet with the Snyderrato that chance left the building when he drove Williams and Saunders out of town.
Oh yeah, Saunders and Williams: the Saints are 4-0 and the Ravens' offense is scoring points this year.

Way to go, Snyderrato.

Posted by: pdfordiii | October 16, 2009 2:37 AM | Report abuse

And don't make eye contact with the cheerleaders, either! We want The Danny to know we mean Business!

Oh, and wear your OLD Redskin jerseys... with Manley and Riggins on them!

We'll have that little millionaire selling the team in NO time!

Woohoo!

Posted by: Thinker_ | October 16, 2009 4:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Barno1 | October 16, 2009 1:46 AM

That is a generous and well-intentioned act. I won't be at the game because, well, I've never had a good experience at FedEx. So, please buy a beer for a stranger with big boobs and say, "This is my treat, but you should thank talent_evaluator."

I'm planning to go to a Redskins bar and pass the hat during the third quarter. "Hey, everyone, I'm taking up a collection for Mr. Snyder to offset the revenue he's losing! Please give generously." I'm sure they'll put a lot of stuff in my hat.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 16, 2009 5:37 AM | Report abuse

Way to go, Snyderrato.
Posted by: pdfordiii | October 16, 2009 2:37 AM

Thank You! Finally somebody who agrees with me on the whole Jason Campbell thing. I think JC, if he has a coach to coach him to his full potential and has a system to fit him, can do wonderful things. But like you said he damn near has to throw a perfect pass every time. Whether people want to admit it or not JC is a good qb and he is having a solid season this year. It won't show all that much because the Skins record will overshadow that. It just kills me that most of these people that want to throw him under the bus were giving him their highest praises during the first 8 games of last year. Todd Collins has a baby arm and I would never have him step on the field for my team. When we get an O line that will give JC time and if then he happens to do bad then ship him out of town. But don't count him out just because he has to fear for his life while he looks for our "receivers" and if you think JC is bad, if we would somehow end up with Tebow then you will get to see what bad really is.

Posted by: skins_4721 | October 16, 2009 6:48 AM | Report abuse

Given the current state of affairs, this Sunday should be the Marko and AA show. Play em' coach, at this point what've you got to lose?

Posted by: bostskin | October 16, 2009 6:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: bostskin

I totally agree. Zorn should say F it and just go all out.

Posted by: jm220 | October 16, 2009 7:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: skins_4721

Skins if they pick Tebow I am coming to VA and beat the hell out of Dan and Vinny. He will suck just like I said Quinn and the QB playing behind Warner would suck.

Posted by: jm220 | October 16, 2009 7:33 AM | Report abuse