So, About Joaquin Phoenix. . . ?

(AP Photo/CBS, J.P. Flio)

Really, is there anything we can say? You probably just want to watch the Letterman video in all its madness. Though there's some new news: Joaquin Phoenix's director worries that he worked the actor too hard and says "if it is an act, it's the most committed act I've ever seen in my life." Entertainment Weekly reminds us that Phoenix pulled off a similarly dazed and trippy Letterman appearance less than a decade ago. And the talk-show host himself threw his loopy guest under the bus on the following night's show.

And now! You can weigh in on Lisa de Moraes' television chat, where she will ask you to vote on the weirdest TV moment of the week -- Phoenix facing stiff competition from Ann Curry's Octomom interview, Norm Macdonald's dis of Conan O'Brien and Diddy's "CSI" guest shot...

By The Reliable Source  |  February 12, 2009; 11:56 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Eleanor Holmes Norton on "The Colbert Report"
Next: Love, Etc.

Comments

Diddy was great on CSI, it was a nice shock, he acted like the pro that he is.

As far as Joaquin,, i agree, if its an act, its a dam good one, he seems very loopy, and out of it alright.

Posted by: Rrobjacobson007 | February 13, 2009 7:19 AM | Report abuse

I'm not sure if it is substance abuse as it seems more like a mental illness of some sort. This behavior is bizarre, even as far as Hollywood standards.

Posted by: altagrl | February 13, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

He has lost it, Big Time!!! He looks like a mix between Johnny Cash and the latest Cat Stevens. If he keeps this up his career is over!!! He made a fool out of himself on national TV and behaved worse than a 2 year old throwing a tantrum in a grocery store.

I used to love him, not if this keeps up.

Posted by: chucko2 | February 13, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Joaquin needs HELP. Please buddy you are a fine gifted actor. GET BACK TO WHAT WORKS !
It's like Michael Jordan trying to play baseball. it just ain't right.

Posted by: lynnecatlover | February 13, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

I feel bad for the guy. I really do. He's on something, whether it's recreational or over prescribed, I don't know. Since there has been an OD death in the family I'm stunned that his sister is letting Casey Affleck just stand back and record this meltdown.

Posted by: michmurch | February 13, 2009 2:24 PM | Report abuse

I think Joaquin has just worked too hard, and he should be encouraged to relax and do what makes him happy.. Not enough young actors are encouraged in the right way to do things that are beneficial to them.. thier mental health should be considered very fragile due to all the pressures that are put on them anyway. I, for one, have always and will always love him no matter how bearded and strange he becomes. but thats just me.

Posted by: purple_goddess30 | February 14, 2009 8:49 PM | Report abuse

I hear the buzz of his appearance. I don't watch Letterman, I find him rude and offensive. He asked for Mr. Phoenix to be a guest on his show and then treated him like garbage, making fun of him and insulting him. Hoax or not, he was rude and offensive as usual and the expression from Mr. Phoenix was more hurt than anything, but they kept on going. The only question I have is why Mr. Phoenix went on the show in the first place, but c'mon everyone, he's a talented and gifted artist, show some respect.

Posted by: TopGopher | February 15, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse