This Just In ...

(AP Photo/Ron Edmonds)

The stars will turn out for the first lady today, in a series of visits to local schools commemorating Women's History Month.

It's a lineup reminiscent of the celebrity-packed inaugural events and other recent Obama White House occasions: Alicia Keys, Sheryl Crow, Denyce Graves and other high-profile women will fan out across the region to talk to students about setting career goals.

Michelle Obama will visit Anacostia High School; Keys and Gen. Ann Dunwoody will speak at Dunbar High; Crow and astronaut Mae Jemison will stop by Woodrow Wilson High, all in the District.

Among the other VIPs visiting schools in D.C., Maryland and Virginia: Debbie Allen, Maggie Daley, Lisa Leslie, Bobbi Brown, Dominique Dawes, Phylicia Rashad, Alfre Woodard, Penny Pritzker and Kerry Washington. At day's end, the celebs will return to a White House dinner -- along with invited students from several schools.

By The Reliable Source  |  March 19, 2009; 1:02 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hey, Isn't That . . . ?
Next: Breaking Down the Prez's Picks

Comments

Debbie Allen? What could she possibly share with any students that parents would want them to know? How to rip off other people's style and copy their work? How to claw your way to the B-list taking credit for other people's efforts while making every effort to keep them down so your mediocrity can seem better then it will ever be?
This is the harridan who embarrassed Spielberg for G's sake and managed to get herself, finally, run out of Hollywood. Remember Amistad - oh, and the dreadful dreck she imposed on the Academy Awards?

Memo to : Debbie
Slither back into your hole. We don't need you coming back to DC to try and reinvent yourself. You can't stand on the backs of your sisters for so long and then expect to reemerge in post racial Washington.

Memo to Mrs. Obama
Run don't walk to the other side of the room when this bargain basement diva appears. She perfected the art of pulling up the ladder and slamming down anyone she suspected of climbing back up. She got her just deserts when she was black;isted in Hollywood. Don't let her use you too. She will only tarnish your shine.

Posted by: Thominnj | March 19, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Wow you really dont like Debbie Allen.

Moving on, great job to these women on visiting our local schools.

Posted by: safidit | March 19, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

You are right. I don't like Debbie Allen. I have observed her doing so much damage over the years that it galls me to see her trying to somehow reinvent herself here. She was essentially run out of Hollywood as persona non grata. She exploited every thing and every one she could until she was exposed during the Armistad debacle at which point having tarnished Spielberg she was done. To see her now trying to catch a ride on Mrs. Obama, someone who I admire and think has the right spirit and perspective, upsets my sense of justice.
Debbie Allen does not belong in this company.

Posted by: Thominnj | March 19, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Oh my! Mrs. Obama showing eveyone the virute of her affimative action education. I can see it now, she is standing at the podium with her lazy eye and a Jackie Kennedy imitation dress. Telling all the children that you don't have to work as hard as the others because society owes you something.

Posted by: LoveDianne72 | March 19, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

To:LoveDianne72

My, my Diane, what a nazi b'ach you are. Mrs. Obama has an education and is actualizing her life. And you Diane, nursing those resentments because they are all you have. You may as well have another drink because you and your ilk have had your day in the sun and it won't be coming back around for you in this lifetime.
In my vision I can't imagine you remotely fitting into a Jackie Kennedy dress. I bet you are a land whale.

Posted by: Thominnj | March 19, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Well done Mrs. Obama! My only observation is that I believe more scientists and businesswomen be included next time.

Posted by: wavedeva | March 20, 2009 3:42 AM | Report abuse