Love, Etc.

Quinn Bradlee, right, and fiance Pary Williamson (Blair Hoffman/HealthCentral.com)Enlarge Image

• Engaged: Quinn Bradlee, 27, to Pary Williamson, 32, after four months of dating. The son of journalists Ben Bradlee and Sally Quinn was introduced to the Georgetown yoga instructor by Maureen Dowd; popped the question over the phone Sunday night after a lovers' spat. First marriage for him; second for her.

• By The Reliable Source  |  May 6, 2009; 1:01 AM ET
    Categories:  Love, Etc.
    Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: DMC: Raising, Um, Awareness in D.C.
    Next: Garner: Alpaca Book for D.C. Trip

Comments

How frightening to think that Sally Quinn's spawn may procreate.

Clues point to the fact that the apple may be falling not far from the tree. Used yoga instructor beguiles nerd 5 years younger, hmmmm, they say boys marry their mother.

Once the Quinn reinvention machine gears up the yoga instructor will not too subtly probably morph into a renowned fitness expert and spiritual leader and commentator.

Why won't these people just crawl into a hole somewhere? Their constant self promotion is old, tired, and sickening. Quinn may come to regret it though. When Ben kicks and the truth about her is more openly talked about she may be sorry she labored so hard to keep herself in the public eye. She won't have the influence at the Post anymore and the tabloids, the true home of her ilk, will have a field day. I predict she ends up as our own version of a kind of cheap and tawdry Leona Helmsley.

Posted by: SoCali | May 6, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

I always wondered if there was a museum for "trash talk." If so, we have an exhibit.

Posted by: GaryEMasters | May 6, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

I don't think the Post has really devoted enough newsprint to Sally and Ben's lil' angel and his book. Let's see . . . long story in Health . . . long excerpt in Health . . . . long book review . . . Looooooong story in Newsweek . . . . what, the front page wasn't available?

Quinn: think prenup, babe. Ben wishes he had.

Posted by: mdean3 | May 6, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

what is wrong with that dude's face?

Posted by: peteyamama | May 6, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

I don't have any use at all for the phony Sally Quinn, but her son was born with severe learning disabilities. To make fun of his looks is disgusting. This kid went to a college for learning disabled people. I wish him well.

Posted by: somberjules | May 6, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Hey somberjules, I don't think mdean3 was aware of the fact that the Bradlees kid has a medical condition, clearly insensitive but I don't think mean.

Sure Sally Quinn is a cheesy hose bag but hopefully the kid takes after his dad (and hopefully not and he isn't getting tangled up with some piranha).

Echo to the fact that we have far too much coverage about this nobody family. The Graham clan at least has a stake in the enterprise. I mean how much mileage can they get out of the fact that Ben and his real wife were once friends of Jack and Jackie? Ben Bradlee has been gone from The Post for how long now? Sally should quit working the break room. I guess with all the staff cutbacks and budget cuts she fills the bill, she always was cheap.

I guess with Paris Hilton hitting town the next thing SQ will be inspired to do is leak a "video" onto the internet once she gets her early "work" transferred from 16mm.

Posted by: SoCali | May 6, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Can you remove SoCali's two posts, which are clearly personal attacks? They are scurrilous and vituperative, serving no one except their splenetic author. WP guidelines do say that "personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be removed from the site." In light of the repetition, you might consider blocking her/him, also.

Posted by: 5232news | May 6, 2009 7:24 PM | Report abuse

5232news wrote:

Can you remove SoCali's two posts....

Sorry Sally, wit was never one of your strong points. I'll back off because mostly you are a colossal bore. However, as long as you put you and yours out there you can expect vituperative response as not everyone has drunk your Kool-Aid. One can't just trumpet that one is well loved or well respected in a community and therefore it becomes true. As Leona learned one has only so much weight and there is only so far one can push it around.

It is noteworthy that there are no defenders and particularly the reaction when you pose as some seer on issues of faith has been universally pretty damning from what I have read on this site. So what is the criteria, anything that doesn't please Sally must go? Sally Quinn does not own this newspaper she only acts as if she does.

Removing these posts and blocking this contributor won't have much effect as there are others as evidenced above who are equally as sick of all this self promotion. I just wish somebody in command at The Post would get a clue.

Posted by: SoCali | May 6, 2009 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Wow. I am definitely not anyone famous and know no one referenced in this item. I simply object to personal attacks and uncivil, off-topic rants. I was disinterested and now am uninterested, also. Will sign off forever but amend my request to delete SoCali's 2 postings to "3 postings" or whatever the total becomes. I won't know what the final tally is.

Posted by: 5232news | May 7, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

First of all, I didn't make fun of the kid's appearance. Reading is fundamental. Take a look.

Second of all, there's no reason NOT to be offended by the way the full crushing force of the Post/Newsweek empire's publicity machine has been rolled out in support of Ben and Sally's kid's book. I wish him a full and happy life, but let there be no doubt that if his name was Quinn Smith, the book never gets published, and, if it does, not a word appears in the Post or Newsweek. And Sally Quinn hasn't written a word that wasn't UNintentionally hilarious in twenty years.

Posted by: mdean3 | May 7, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse