Love, Etc.

Laura Ingraham and her new son, Michael Dmitri. (Courtesy Laura Ingraham)

Adopting: Laura Ingraham, who brought home a new son, Michael Dmitri, 13 months, from Moscow last week. The conservative radio host last year adopted Maria Caroline, now 4, from Guatemala. The pundit, who spent a college semester in Russia, says, "The only question now: Are we having borscht or rice and beans for dinner?"

By The Reliable Source  |  July 30, 2009; 1:01 AM ET
Categories:  Love, Etc.
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hey, Isn't That . . . ?
Next: Is the Chef at Risk of Being Overdone?

Comments

I am against single females adopting children. My politics are as conservative as Laura's and I've listened to her show for many years. Maybe the radio talker is filling a, "no male in her life" void by using the Madonna card. Laura ought to know a child needs a mom and dad in the kids' lives; not a mom; mom/mom or dad/dad.

Another reason adoptions go haywire is because the adopting parents don't know the mental health of the child. There are many cases where adoptees have gone bonkers. Jeremy Strohmeyer is one murderer adoptee that comes to mind.

Sorry Laura, you're missing the boat on this one.

That's my take anyway.

Posted by: photodan0 | July 31, 2009 1:19 AM | Report abuse

I am a Christian - Catholic,Conservitive and I am absolutly exctied for Laura adopting this child!How fantastic for both!I have very strong family vaulues, and having been a single parent many years ago my daughter is 24y/o now ..Love, peace , and the love of God, is the greatest gift any child can be gvien. Our daughter has a very strong faith based foudation to stand on surrounded by so much love and she is thriving in this world!Laura will be and is a fablous parent. Children need love and faith and encouragemnt!Not 2 parents!
Congradulation's Laura on your new addition to your family!Very exciting!
Sheila
Colorado

Posted by: sheila12 | July 31, 2009 6:08 AM | Report abuse

So great Laura, you are amazing! As for the first comment on this page, why so negative? Laura Ingraham is hardly Madonna. You are not a risk taker I guess and sit at home so nothing will happen to you. Laura has a son and a boy has a mother. Best Wishes to the Ingraham family and have a happy life!

Posted by: mecwolf | July 31, 2009 8:28 AM | Report abuse

No one would deny the best situation is a Mom and a Dad, but can't think of anyone more loving or capable of mothering these two precious children. Live long and prosper Ingraham family. Everybody needs love.

Posted by: bsellen | July 31, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Laura: You ARE mazing and I love the fact that you have adopted two children. I praise you and more people shouold do it. I am Amy Paladiini's mother. She is moving back to Va.

Posted by: cblodgett63 | July 31, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Good For You! Children are a blessing from God, but he surely had a sense of humor when he created children though! Enjoy each day because it's going to fly by.

Posted by: shannonmontez | July 31, 2009 9:57 PM | Report abuse

"FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE'

Congrad's Laura

Posted by: josbrennan | August 2, 2009 2:01 AM | Report abuse

I used to love Laura & admired her a great deal,I still do only not as much,decisions such as this show that like a lot of people in the entertainment industry,she doesn t have her act together,I will always believe that children are not some kind of expensive toy to be used to fill up an emptiness in our emotions' well,it is wrong when Madonna does it & it is wronger when a "supposed to know better person" does it, kids need both a mom & a father any one can ask Ann Coulter she won t shy away from telling it like it is.. but now I can only wish the best to Laura & the inocent baby,so there,best wishes to you both.

Posted by: DarkKnight1 | August 2, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Oh, Good Gracious. Laura, will you ever get it right? No matter how much I love her, adoption as a single woman is beyond me. Why is it so hard for her to find a man?

Posted by: hd_johns | August 3, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

I read the first post for this. I do not understand for the life of me why anyone would be against a person giving a child a home, three good squares a day, an education and most of all, love. I say, any person who opens their home and her life to give a child a new beginning is one of God's angels. Let us celebrate and appreciate them, not look for traces of inauthenticity in them or their actions. People need to stop speculating as to why someone adopts a child. What is this nonsense about "motives?" The "motive" is that they have love and the resources to give the child a great life. That they are willing to give love to that child, well, that is enough for me!

I say, congrats to Laura Ingraham and Madonna and others, also. They are the true angels of the world, indeed!

Posted by: grissy849 | August 3, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

P.S. Michael is simply adorable, and so is Maria!

Posted by: grissy849 | August 3, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

I'm not a fan of Laura; I find her acerbic and oh, so, self righteous. But, I don't get how she reconciles single parenthood with her conservative christian values. Doesn't she sort of bend her version of the moral universe to accomodate her heart.
Her rigidity and rage reminds me of some of the borderline personality disordered patients I treat. incidentally, these personality types often fail at intimacy.

Posted by: pgng59 | August 5, 2009 7:03 PM | Report abuse