Quoted

President Obama throws out the first pitch at the MLB All-Star Game on July 14. (AP Photo/Haraz N. Ghanbari)

"Those jeans are comfortable. And for those of you who want your president to look great in his tight jeans, I'm sorry. I'm not the guy."

-- President Obama on the snickering over the suburban-dad jeans he wore throwing out the first pitch at last week's All-Star Game. "Michelle -- she looks fabulous," he told NBC, but "I'm a little frumpy."

By The Reliable Source  |  July 21, 2009; 12:37 PM ET
Categories:  Quoted
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hotel Sale Could Give the Watergate a Lift
Next: This Just In

Comments

More fodder for George Will and his fellow effete east-coast snobs who don't think Americans should be allowed to wear jeans at all.

Posted by: coloradodog | July 21, 2009 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Tight jeans are NOT Presidential.

Once again Obama gets it right. Even the insignificant little stuff the MSM is preoccupied with.

Posted by: onestring | July 21, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

My gosh, the guy's the President of the United States and he looks like me in line at Safeway on a Saturday morning in November. (This is not meant as a compliment.) I barely dress that casual when I attend my kids' ballgames. Jeesh, Louish!

Posted by: shoveit | July 21, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Let him wear what he wants; what does it matter? It's not like what jeans he wears will affect his decisions on the economy or convince Kim Jong Il to attack us. Criticize him for what he does, not what he wears.

Posted by: KZall | July 21, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Jeans, jeans? Do you want him to wear a suit while playing baseball?

Posted by: TNbybirth | July 21, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I thought the jeans were a little baggy but I'm convinced there was body armour under them. The flack jacket under the Sox jacket was obvious.

Posted by: koppo55 | July 21, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Please leave President Obama alone on his choice of Jeans . He looks o. k. My advcie to the President , there is an Indian - Pakistani proverb which (translation)says " wear what people like and eat what you like ."

Posted by: dmfarooq | July 21, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Good point about the body armor. He also couldn't have executed much of a leg kick in tight jeans. (And no matter what he wore, someone would have criticized it.) I STILL think he's One Cool Dude!

Posted by: AZANNE | July 21, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

he throws like he bowls.

he's no athlete , that's for sure.

Posted by: tru-indy | July 21, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Are the people complaining about the jeans suggesting he has no fashion sense? That he can't wear a suit? That he dresses down too much? Give me a break! For those who remember that far back, he actually looks BETTER than JFK. And he knows when and how to wear jeans, and has the good sense to know they should NEVER be considered a fashion item. He was at a baseball game, he was handicapped by the body armor, and he still looked better than 99.9% of the men in America. Put a sock in it, will you?

Posted by: ExcessivelyRabid | July 21, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

OMG the fact this is brought up is a joke ,what a screwed up society we have become

Posted by: lildg54 | July 21, 2009 7:54 PM | Report abuse

The jeans are OK -- but will someone please buy him a pair of casual deck shoes to wear with them when he's not playing basketball?

Sneakers should stay on the court.

Posted by: Just_Sayin | July 21, 2009 9:09 PM | Report abuse

This is one of the reasons I like this guy,to me it's a refreshing change in the White House.

Posted by: shipfreakbo214 | July 21, 2009 9:30 PM | Report abuse

One of the perks of being the POTUS, and he looks like he's having a great time. Nothin' wrong with that - and it's a ballgame, not a boat. Sneakers are fine.

Posted by: Voter4Integrity | July 23, 2009 1:46 AM | Report abuse