Levi Johnston Gives the Palin Family a Mud Bath

Man in the middle: Levi Johnston stands on the tarmac in Minnesota last year with the Palin family. To the left: Track, Piper and Willow (holding Trig). To the right: Johnston's ex-girlfriend Bristol, Todd and then-vice presidential candidate Sarah. (Melina Mara/The Washington Post)

A few weeks ago, after he gave yet another stammering, insight-free TV interview, we accused poor Levi Johnston of having nothing to say.

Well, what did we know? Turns out Sarah Palin's ex-almost-son-in-law was saving it all for a more prestigious outlet -- and a paycheck.

In the October issue of Vanity Fair, now hitting newsstands, Johnston shares his "as told to editors" story of life with the former Alaska governor and her family, claiming that Palin and husband Todd bickered often and slept apart; that they nagged him and daughter Bristol to let them adopt their out-of-wedlock baby; that the kids did all the housework; that she never read the newspaper; that she was desperate to make money; that she didn't really know how to shoot.

Oh, and that she made Johnston cut off his mullet.

Reps for Palin did not respond to requests for comment Wednesday, though they've previously blasted the 19-year-old -- who first started blabbing on the "Tyra" show in April -- for "engaging in flat-out lies [and] gross exaggeration" and basically cashing in on his brush with political history.

All this seamy domestic dish came to light after the high-tone monthly approached the Wasilla teen to tell his story. Magazine chief Graydon Carter assigned a young editor, Jon Kelly, who spent three days interviewing Johnston in New York in late July, then worked with him to turn the transcribed conversations into a story, said Vanity Fair rep Beth Kseniak.

Johnston was paid as author of the story, though the magazine would not say how much. Among the claims of the former electrician's apprentice in "Me and Mrs. Palin":

• Sarah Palin urged the teenage couple to let Todd and her adopt the baby they were expecting; Johnston theorizes that this was because she didn't want people to know her daughter got pregnant. "She was nagging -- she wouldn't give up."

• The governor is not the outdoorswoman she seemed: "I've never seen her touch a fishing pole. She had a gun in her bedroom and one day she asked me to show her how to shoot it. I asked her what kind of gun it was, and she said she didn't know."

• But no bookworm either: "Once in a blue moon, I'd see her reading a book, and I've never even seen her read a newspaper in my life. The Frontiersman and the Anchorage Daily News were always there in the morning, but the only one who looked through them was Todd."

• The Palins slept apart (Todd "in the living room, on his little black recliner, with the TV going in the background -- usually with the news or an Ultimate Fighting Championship match on -- wearing clothes he wore that same day") and dropped the "d" word when fighting ("Todd would say, 'All right, do you want a divorce? Is that what you want? Let's do it! Sign the papers!' They'd either stop and be fine or Sarah would go to her room. That's just how it was with them.")

• Sarah Palin seemed to dote more on her new grandson, Tripp, than on her own infant, Trig. "Sarah has a weird sense of humor. ... Sarah would call Trig -- who was born with Down syndrome -- 'my little Down's baby.' ... and sometimes say, playing around, 'No, I don't want the retarded baby -- I want the other one,' and pick up Tripp. That was just her -- even her kids were used to it."

• The Palins' four older children did most of the cooking and cleaning. The governor "always wanted things and she wanted other people to get them for her. If she wanted a movie, Bristol and I would go to the video store; if she wanted food, we'd get her something to eat, like a Crunchwrap Supreme from Taco Bell."

• At the Republican convention, "The first thing Sarah said to me at the hotel was 'You gotta cut your hair.' ... And she got me to shave. There was even talk about me having to get a spray tan, but thank God I didn't." Johnston scored "two Burberry suits and one Armani suit, Prada shoes, and a cashmere sweater. ... I felt totally out of my world." After the campaign, "Sarah and the girls were [irked that] they had to give most of their clothes back, but I still saw some of it around the house after the campaign."

In closing, Johnston -- who recently attended the Teen Choice Awards with Kathy Griffin and hinted about a career in modeling or acting -- said he aspires "to take care of my family. ... I'm not going to get a big old mansion and drive around in a Bentley. If it doesn't work out, I'll just go back to being a licensed electrician ... That's still a lot of fun to me."

• By The Reliable Source  |  September 2, 2009; 5:45 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Read This: Wear Sunscreen Edition
    Next: Hey, Isn't That . . . ?

Comments

None of this surprises me. She's the same trashy person she's always been. The whole world knows she uninformed so not following current events is nothing new. The rest is exactly how I pictured her life.

Posted by: Reader31 | September 2, 2009 7:00 PM | Report abuse

She REALLY REALLY needs to be the next Jerry Springer. She'd be great at it. When is she gonna get her cable TV show?

Posted by: Dan4 | September 2, 2009 7:14 PM | Report abuse

This turkey's cooked.

The elitists in the GOP--the people who actually respect education, worldliness, and experience--aren't going to let this brainless diva do any more damage to the party.

Sarah is trapped in the realm of political irelevancy, where she can make her millions entrancing the moron wing of the right. Any other career for her is impossible.

Posted by: Attucks | September 2, 2009 7:27 PM | Report abuse

keep the stuff coming...I couldn't get enough of this white trash...I hope palin runs for every office in the country and stay in news dishing out hot stuff all the time...dont get elected though...just keep running...free entertainment

Posted by: reddy531 | September 2, 2009 7:38 PM | Report abuse

She just came off as a woman with not much substance-not a lot of intelligence-glad to see somebody speaking out on what she really is all about.
    No, I am not surprised at all about anything he said-that is just what I excepted...

Posted by: brejam01 | September 2, 2009 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Funny how you're willing to print this unconfirmed trash, but you're silent on Ashley Biden snorting coke. Hypocritical much?

Posted by: WashingtonDame | September 2, 2009 7:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: WashingtonDame | September 2, 2009 7:51 PM | Report abuse

##########################################

Well, if Vanity Fair does a report on Ashley Biden, I'm sure the Post will print it...just as it printed all the lies that you people circulated about Michelle Obama during the campaign.

Posted by: maggots | September 2, 2009 7:56 PM | Report abuse

I hope she becomes President and mistakenly nukes Canada. Oh would that be so funny.

Posted by: nyx567 | September 2, 2009 8:23 PM | Report abuse

Could you imagine Sarah Palin as President, on the days she has PMS? At that "time of the month", a nukes would fly because she had the cramps.

Posted by: euroguy | September 2, 2009 8:34 PM | Report abuse

Do you hear that faint tapping noise? It's the the sound of the last nail closing Palins coffin....Another corrupt Republican bites the dust....Fire all corrupt Republicans for they are detrimental to the health and welfare of all American citizens....

Posted by: nallcando | September 2, 2009 8:35 PM | Report abuse

She's such trailer trash; it's amazing Bill Clinton didn't have an affair with her. Why can't she shut her mouth and leave commenting on public affairs to her betters?

Posted by: Rob_ | September 2, 2009 8:44 PM | Report abuse

Post editors:

I think if you're going to run a successful tabloid, you need to feature some stories on space-alien sightings and the love-lives of Hollywood starlets as well.

Just a helpful suggestion, and I hope your new venture does well.

Posted by: gitarre | September 2, 2009 8:49 PM | Report abuse

I feel sorry for the baby of Levi and Bristol. All of this gossip and drama about his parents and grandparents. It's all sad. (For the record, I don't like Palin, but it's sad when the personal lives of her family are laid out for all the world to see).

Posted by: readerny | September 2, 2009 8:52 PM | Report abuse

As Don King said: Only in America.
    How come this lady almost became VP???!!!

Posted by: cordobes17 | September 2, 2009 8:57 PM | Report abuse

They're all nuts & if you holier than thou Dems think you don't have your own share of freak-shows you're deluding yourselves.

Posted by: jjckfc | September 2, 2009 9:02 PM | Report abuse

"that she didn't really know how to shoot.:

What ?!?!?!?

Actually much worse than Mrs. Palin here - no fan I - is the vulturous Johnston trying to profit from his knowledge of the family by this little 'tell all'. Weak.

Posted by: mike21 | September 2, 2009 9:04 PM | Report abuse

I've been thinking all day about a pundit (can't remember who) who said a few months back that Palin would not be a factor in 2012 because "she doesn't wear well." Case in point!

And of course now we know why she couldn't answer that very simple question from Katie Couric about what newspapers she read.

Posted by: McGee2 | September 2, 2009 9:14 PM | Report abuse

Whether or not it has a stitch of truth it's funny enough to be a sitcom.

Posted by: mikem1 | September 2, 2009 9:14 PM | Report abuse

if half of this stuff is true (which i suspect is an over-estimation), the palins are worse that i could have ever imagined

Posted by: j762 | September 2, 2009 9:15 PM | Report abuse

The pure essence of the retardikan party... from the same people that brought you those snake handling, tent revivalist, "christian republikaans"!

The republikaan party has become like the front page of a cheap, glossy, gossip tabloid... the "news" that comes out of these retardicans reads just like scoops of alien abductions, 3-headed chickens and elvis sightings... just when you think these schmucks can't get anymore asinine and backwoods, they go
    and raise the bar of absurdity.

And on top of it all, they listen (& the ex VP values), a drug addled, fat, racistg boy named rush limpbaug who calls his followers "dittoheads" (code for lemming)!!!

Really folks, it doesn't get any more absurd than this...

Posted by: 4Jaxon | September 2, 2009 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Oh no, gitarre, that's my post about the republikaan party.... just like them right wingers though! Nothing original, steal from a liberal...

Posted by: 4Jaxon | September 2, 2009 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Sarak Palin has never given intelligent answers. She is so incompetent that it is scary to think that she could have been VP of the U.S. When you gain foreign policy experience by looking at Russia from your window, it tells the level of her intelligence. All she wants to do is use her gift of gabbing to build her bank account.

Posted by: nirjay | September 2, 2009 9:40 PM | Report abuse

nirjay may not be aware that the line about seeing Russia from her window was by Tina Fey, not Sarah Palin. Frankly, this does call into question nirjay's ability to judge who's giving intelligent answers.

Posted by: Rob_ | September 2, 2009 9:44 PM | Report abuse

Even if he is exaggerating a bit, what continues to mystify me is how on earth Palin became governor of Alaska in the first place! What can they have been thinking?

Posted by: rcjneon | September 2, 2009 9:46 PM | Report abuse

And you believe all the crap coming out of this knucklehead's mouth?

I don't know who's more pathetic - Johnston or the pea brains who believe everything he says.

Posted by: waterfrontproperty | September 2, 2009 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Wanting to adopt her daughters baby so nobody will think her daughter was actually pregnant. Good thinking Sara, you can avoid being thought of as a terrible, self centered mom for allowing your teenage daughter to have sex and become pregnant...and you can say you adapted a baby because you care about children. Real good Sara. Proof positive that this woman is 100% pure trailer trash heaven. Everytime I see this womans assinine face I want to puke. When it comes to seeing the real real disgusting side of politics and the republican party there's none better then Palin/Cheney/Limbaough/Hannity/Bort/Sessions/Stanford/Kyle...etc etc. All these people are disgusting.

Posted by: kubrickstan | September 2, 2009 9:56 PM | Report abuse

well, I am no fan of Sara Palin at all. But I also have teenagers of my own and they just don't have enough life experience to have real good discernment on what is going on in adult lives at times. Maybe some of this stuff is true, but I'd take what Levi says with a big dose of skepticism. I've heard my own teens come out with some real doozies in their perceptions on what is going on with other people. Sometimes they are out and out lying, and sometimes they just don't get it yet.

Posted by: mmrader1 | September 2, 2009 10:22 PM | Report abuse

Where's the birth certificate?

Posted by: Bitter_Bill | September 2, 2009 10:29 PM | Report abuse

OK! I'll admit it. Bashing "Down Right Evil Sarah" was fun when she was leading the Republican Party.
    Now it's about as much fun as watching a retarded girl get gang raped.

Posted by: JoeNTx | September 2, 2009 10:37 PM | Report abuse

Everybody jumping on the band wagon believing all the garbage coming out of this punk. A high school drop out whose making bucks by whispering trash about the Palin family. He's the real scum.

And no.......I am not a Sarah Palin supporter! She is barely qualified to run a PTA meeting.

However, her personal life is her personal life.

Posted by: mosthind | September 2, 2009 10:51 PM | Report abuse

This is awesome: "Crunchwrap Supreme." I would not be surprised at all if it's all true. How else can somebody so unbalanced and delusional say the things Palin does? Somebody should make Levi's story into a movie, or at least a reality show: "The Palin's."

Posted by: Minnesota1 | September 2, 2009 10:54 PM | Report abuse

Thank God for Sarah Palin. No one can make haters spin like a mad dog on a leash better than she.

Palin 2012! Death to Mullets! Manna to the drooling class.

Posted by: Tupac_Goldstein | September 2, 2009 11:02 PM | Report abuse

GITARRE'S COMMENT:

Post editors:

Just a helpful suggestion, and I hope your new venture does well.

Posted by: gitarre | September 2, 2009 8:49 ##########################################

HERRINTON'S RESPONSE:
    I completely disagree with you. Sarah Palin almost became vice president, and any information about her that sheds light on her character, intelligence and world view, helps us to better understand her as a prospective future candidate and as a spokesperson for the causes she espouses. I could speak at length about my opinion of Palin, but I'll save that for my friends and family.

Michael Herrinton

Posted by: michaelherrinton | September 2, 2009 11:04 PM | Report abuse

I'm not bothered by Levi. He was forced into a light he did not seek. Therefore, its not unreasonable for him to try to exploit the opportunity. However, you can tell that Levi is still young. A more mature man would know that if a woman asks you into her bedroom to show her how to shoot a gun, what she wants you to do has nothing to do with gun powder.

Posted by: jsump | September 2, 2009 11:16 PM | Report abuse

TIM SHRIVER (President of the Special Olympics) --

Please take this information at face value -- it sure rings true to me -- and NEVER, EVER AGAIN suggest the PALIN woman have ANYTHING to do with people with special needs (or kids in general, I might add).

As the parent of a child with special needs myself, PALIN's entry in the national campaign caused me, for the first time in my life, to demonstrate against a politician -- i.e., the PALIN woman.

We -- my handsome son with special needs and I -- carried signs and shouted loudly against her, when she showed up in October 2008 for a fund-raiser in Orange County, CA. Robbie's sign said, "PALIN Is Change We Can't Live With!"

PALIN, thy name is QUITTER... Trash... Bad Mom... Pathetic Woman... Fraud... Devisive Anti-American...

Posted by: clouburns | September 2, 2009 11:59 PM | Report abuse

Every bit of this legitimately discredits Palin, but the most substantive part is her "sense of humor" regarding her child. As a teacher, some of whose students are disabled, I'm revolted by this callous, vapid, bigoted narcissist. She is no disability advocate. Having a disabled child doesn't automatically produce compassion. Raising one well would be better evidence. I hope someone in that family cares for the Palin children.

Posted by: sjohnston1 | September 3, 2009 7:57 AM | Report abuse

What's sad is that regardless of your feelings for Sarah Palin this manchild is still the father of her grandchild. Why would he do this? Question his motives. And to trash this family and call it a story speaks volumes of our 'media' these days. Shame on Vanity Fair. They must be as desperate for readers as the Post. We get it: Republicans = evil hypocrites, Democrats = good, solid citizens. Obama won. Why keep hating and trashing Sarah Palin? She's finished. It's over. Let it go.

Posted by: academy111 | September 3, 2009 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Oh NO!!!!! As someone who is avidly, rabidly anti-Sarah Palin, I find myself on her side.

Vanity Fair has gone way too far. This is a real invasion of privacy, by a teenager who's being sucked in by money.

It's very sad, because unfortunately, these people are going to be related for a LONG time.

Posted by: cococo | September 3, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

A goofy little punk from a white trash family and all of a sudden he has such credibility! The insane jealousy the press has for Sarah Palin is well revealed with this low rent piece of work.
    Rock on Sarah. Collect the thousands for your speeches and believe me, your supporters will not waver. Your book will be an immediate best seller. The libs will then be in a total meltdown. Can't wait!!

Posted by: somberjules | September 3, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

We have a marxist fanatic inhabiting the WH and this is what Vanity Fair publishes. Maybe they should do some investigation into the radicals obama has installed as his "czars". Avowed communists and other rabble.

Posted by: somberjules | September 3, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

I beleive this guy. Most of the people in the world would do anything to become the president or have a chance at it. I can seperate maybe 10 people on this planet that would be honest and play clean, but Sarah Palin is not one of them, not even close. To make it all look nice and rosey, she told all of us that her daughter will marry and having baby is not a big deal and should be kept out of press limits. Well her daughter did not marry to baby father nor anybody and I wondering about other promises by her and the old dude Johny. Keep em' coming Levi, keep em' coming, it reveals how anybody that has any bit of power think low of us, the normal people and how they really think they can fool us. Thanks for the truth. I call this, checks and balances and it is just a matter of time when somebody will reveal that Obama is the guy not so honest either because he is influenced by power, greed and elite men and bankers. New world order is coming and Sarah Palin was not stamped for leader in it or anywhere, Obama is the right guy for it and we are all falling to obey him and the new laws.

Posted by: BOBSTERII | September 3, 2009 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: nirjay
    -----------------
    And, if you look the election from a popular vote of 53%-47%, she did come mighty close to becoming VP, which I agree is a scary proposition.

If Obama hadn't been the most progressive candidate since McGovern, something much of the country wasn't ready for, he would have won in a landslide. I still say if Lieberman was on the McCain ticket that he ekes it out.

As it stands, Palin has become the poster child for much of what is misguided with the Republican Party.

Posted by: RambleOn | September 3, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Oooo! Finally something Sarah and I agree on: Cut off the mullet, already!

Posted by: kbockl | September 3, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

A licensed electrician at age 19??? That is pretty fishy since it takes years to become a licensed electrician after being a journeyman for at least two to four years. If you people can't tell this kid is lying, I suggest grape koolaid, it used to be my favorite. Sarah 2012!!!!!

Posted by: candyzky | September 3, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

I have an extremely low opinion of Palin based on what SHE says, not this kid.

Posted by: sarahabc | September 3, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

The disgusting story narrated by Levi about the grandmother of the illegitimate child of her daughter definitely puts Sarah Palin in an awkward position in front of the country’s public with regard to her disarray family state of affairs. That she was thinking to harbor a social evil doing to hoodwink the public of the country was a serious crime on her part and does indicate of being untrustworthy if Levi is telling the truth.

Then we have to examine all her past records to tally with her present if the story is substantiated with the acceptable facts of the story so narrated by Levi.

However, since the story will drag on for a few more months more as is understood from report, it will be wise to wait and assimilate the entire facts of the story to ascertain as to how far the story narrated by a person like Levi holds good.

Thereafter, to wait and then make a fair comment on this thought provoking news would be worthwhile.

It has to be considered that the story involves the very root cause of a political leader’s trustworthiness, apart from her family, her daughter including the child's(illegitimate as per the story), prestige, honor, dignity and reputation in particular, is involved.

Posted by: BEN1234 | September 3, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

oh god. we still have her memoirs coming soon and then her own talk show! to think she saw this 19 year old fit to be her daughter's husband. what great judgment on her part! we will have to re-live all of this in 2012. oh joy.

Posted by: mimo1 | September 3, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Private high life beats public low life. Privacy is a luxury. A jet helps too. I'll go back to sea soon. You won't see tho.

Posted by: Dermitt | September 3, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

I can confirm that there is indeed a Taco Bell within a couple miles of her house as well as a Blockbuster... as to whether she prefers the Volcano nachos over the Crunchwrap Supreme, you can bet neither have moose meat as a main ingredient.

Posted by: angriestdogintheworld | September 3, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

somberjules wrote: "We have a marxist fanatic inhabiting the WH"

And people say that conservatives have lost their marbles and come unglued from reality. Not ol' jules here. He's one fact-based, clear-eyed straight-talker, he is. And a Palin fan!

Posted by: nodebris | September 3, 2009 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rcjneon | September 2, 2009 9:46 PM
    ==================================

good question... you see, at the time virtually every repuglican politico in the state was under indictment or awaiting sentencing. Alaska is a one party... resource extract colony. Most of the people that have come up since the pipeline are military or are involved in oil, mineral or forrest extraction.

Briefly, Senator Murkowski made a deal with Asian money for Alaska natural gas, ran for governor to close the deal... won and appointed his daughter U.S. Senator. Palin had run for Lt. Governor and beat Murkowski's guy, so Murkowski appointed her to a do nothing, Gas and Oil "Commission". He also appointed the Chairman of the Alaska Repuglican Party, who ran the party out of Commission headquarters. Palin resigned after a couple of years claiming she did no work and the Repuglican chairman was running the party from Commission offices. With 8 State Senators under indictment, Senator Stevens, Congressman Young all eye deep in payoffs, she challenged Murkowski in the primary and beat him like a drum. (If you win the primary as a repug, you win!

Posted by: angriestdogintheworld | September 3, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

This makes sense, given Palin's oddly disjointed references to her own youngest son - as if she can't figure out why she "got stuck" with an "abnormal baby". She hasn't come to terms with him yet: she treats him like a novelty, points to him like an object, and is rarely seen carrying the little guy around. Her girls do that. That has always bothered me. He's trotted out to make a statement. And to hear that she'd be happy to switch him out for her own grandchild - makes sense. If the young couple had said yes, would her own boy have been bundled off into hiding somewhere?

This column does make sense of the way the kids would all just stand there and look as though they'd been dragged along on all this, her diva quest. She is very much all about herself, and the children of parents like that do learn to quietly pick up and go on, especially in a large household. Frankly, where would she be without her kids to keep up the image of her as an frontier poster-mom? She's lucky that her older children have, by necessity, become more mature than she is.

This Johnston kid ain't that bright, but he seems sincere. I hope he gives up on the wacky "I'll be a model!" idea and sensibly returns to Alaska and his training as an electrician. He could always come back to Hollywood to work on movies later...with an actual marketable skill!

Posted by: undercover_hon | September 3, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Levi is lying about one thing: Sarah Palin did not give birth to Trig. Need convincing? Go to www.palindeception.com

Posted by: normandyso | September 3, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Sarah first pimped Levi; now Levi is pimping her. What goes around comes around.

Posted by: sunny7 | September 3, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Oh, please, Levi Johnston: Your 15 minutes are up. We don't care about Sarah Palin or her family dysfunction. I don't care about Joe Biden's daughter, or any of the Bush kids, etc., etc.
    What a waste of print.

Posted by: vegasgirl1 | September 3, 2009 7:08 PM | Report abuse

Once Alaska white trash, ALWAYS Alaska white trash. Palin is a PIG and should be stripped of her parental rights. To call her own son "the retarded one" is disgusting and appalling. Who even knows if this is really her an Todd's biological son? I question the validity of this and would like the authorities to remove that child, the baby with Downs Syndrome, from this hell hole and place him with some NORMAL people! PALIN IS SUCH A BLATENT LIAR and CROOK!

Posted by: LKM2 | September 3, 2009 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Sarah Palin is one of the most stupid things the Republican Party allowed! You would think she would've been investigated/vetted more thoroughly, as is usual, for their own reputation and honor, but she was just hurried through willy-nilly like a late entry in the animal barn at the Fair. Yes, we know John McCain's weakness for sexy women, but a Vice presidential candidate needs to be MORE than just sexy!!

The interesting stories to disguise and lighten all the Palins' connections with the Alaskan Independence Party (AIP) is scarey enough for our country, even WITHOUT testing her knowledge and intelligence. The fact that Sarah actually LED the meeting that was videotaped certainly makes her look like MUCH MORE involved in the organization than simply a superficial, invited "guest"!!

Thank God the majority of Americans could see through all this smokescreen.

Posted by: Maerzie | September 4, 2009 10:02 PM | Report abuse

He may be simple but he seems honest, genuine, and straightforward. He should have run for vice president instead of that conniving, duplicitous, stupid cow...

Posted by: glendale1 | September 5, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Palin induces haters to come out of their shell. Who else induced hate like this? Nixon who won national elections 4 of 5 chances. Chris Matthews who gets a tingle up his leg when he hears the Kenyan messiah speak says Palin has what it takes to win. He said all the other candidates are bland and boring. Palin attracted 70,000 to a rural area near Ocala Florida during 2008 so she will make politics exciting in coming days. Do evangelicals have the money to buy her book and have they ever read a political biography? Time will tell.

Posted by: mascmen7 | September 5, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse