David Catania celebrates gay marriage vote with "Housewives"

And we worried that "The Real Housewives of D.C." wasn't going to be political enough. Bravo's cameras followed five likely cast members (Lynda Erkiletian, Mary Amons, Stacie Turner, Catherine Ommanney, Paul Wharton) to the D.C. Council meeting on same-sex marriage Tuesday (spoiler alert, reality fans: The bill passed), and then to a party at Long View Gallery celebrating the legislation. Missing in action: Michaele Salahi, whose future with the show is unclear. Even more intriguing: Our colleague Tim Craig spotted the crew filming council member and bill sponsor David Catania at the meeting and separately in his office. What's that about? The public servant wouldn't comment. (See video above by Post videographer Anna Uhls.)

By The Reliable Source  |  December 17, 2009; 1:02 AM ET
Categories:  Real Housewives of D.C.
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: This just in: Peter Orszag's budget-conscious cake
Next: Read this: Rockettes, Tiger Woods, Shabbat protocol, Michelle Obama, Toys for Tots

Comments

Sad that these so-called "Housewives of DC" are given any attention at all. This show is a blight on DC and an insult to all the real mothers and housewives in DC. Are any of these people from Ward 8? Losers.

Posted by: whymeat | December 17, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Catania has been believing his own press releases for some time now. All these DC hacks are so desperate to be relevant and consider themselves big time that they are blind to the fact that they wouldn't know the big time if it bit them on the arse.

Posted by: SoCali | December 17, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Wow, the video is impressive! A failed real estate developer and a corrupt politician yucking it up. I guess they are celebrating how they scammed the DC taxpayer for 7M. I'm so impressed.
Please, all that is needed now is commentary by Sally Quinn.

Posted by: SoCali | December 17, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Go gay marriage!

Posted by: kcflood87 | December 17, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Grats DC! DOWN WITH BIGOTRY. DOWN WITH HATE. DOWN WITH RACISM. DOWN WITH DISCRIMINATION.

Posted by: shadow_man | December 18, 2009 7:17 AM | Report abuse

Hey Shadow_Man- how can you say "down with racism" in the context of this video and story? Are we watching the same video? I see one black guy and a room full of white people. As I said in my previous post, where are the housewives from Ward 8? As for the gay marriage issue, is Marion Barry a racist for voting against it?

Posted by: whymeat | December 18, 2009 8:45 AM | Report abuse

whymeat: Learn how to troll kthnx. That's too obvious.

Posted by: shadow_man | December 18, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

whymeat, silly, like Walter Fauntroy, of course Marion is not a racist. Do you understand the word homophobe? I'm gay and white and have lived in this city for 30 years and I'm neither a racist or a homophobe. As far as the mother's in Ward 8, you struck out. The mother's in Ward 8 can now have their children marry the person of their dream regardless of whether they are gay, straight, black or white. I have been in the struggle for black civil rights for 38 years and I say to the people who would deny me right: "when I get on the bus and you're in the front seat, please get up and move to the back of the bus, I want my seat back".

Posted by: marriage-equality | December 18, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse