Tareq and Michaele Salahi are featured attraction at Australian polo match

Tareq Salahi and Michaele Salahi pose at a press conference last week promoting their polo match in Melbourne, Australia, on Saturday. (Scott Barbour/Getty Images)

Here, it's snowy, and the feds are all up in their business. There, it's balmy, and folks are pleasantly hazy on who they are. Any surprise the Salahis went Down Under? Tareq and Michaele Salahi of White House-crashing fame headlined a Melbourne polo match this weekend. Australian news reports described him as a D.C. lawyer and her as a Redskins cheerleader -- not true, but whatever. Their group's billing as the official USA team may surprise the U.S. Polo Association; the Salahis' Sydney PR guy, Max Markson, told us they were actually repping their own America's Polo Cup (now under investigation by Virginia officials). Sadly, an Aussie team trounced USA, 8-4. But the Salahis are still set to be feted at a party Tuesday... at a Sydney home known as the White House.

By The Reliable Source  |  February 8, 2010; 1:01 AM ET
Categories:  Update , White House crashers
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Love, etc.: Andrew Shue and Amy Robach married in NYC
Next: Studio Theatre plows ahead with scaled-down gala in the snow

Comments

Let's hope that the Salahis could only afford one-way tickets to Australia, and that that's the last we ever hear of them!

Posted by: WashPostSucks | February 8, 2010 7:34 AM | Report abuse

I'm still worried about her neck. I hope it gets straightened out.

Posted by: TheDubb | February 8, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Not to wish any ill-will on my many friends down under-- however, if they're willing to accept this couple, the U.S. also has a bunch of radioactive waste it has been looking to get rid of.

Posted by: LAWPOOL | February 8, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Well, if I remember my history class correctly, Australia was a debtor's colony. I guess things haven't changed much.

Posted by: pookchop1 | February 8, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Who?

Posted by: patrick69_69 | February 8, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

"Australian news reports described him as a D.C. lawyer and her as a Redskins cheerleader -- not true, but whatever. "
Looks like the Australian press is also one needing a crash course in fact checking.

Posted by: observer31 | February 8, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

They are two shameless idiots.

Posted by: truth1 | February 8, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

He is getting really, really fat! Polo players are lean and athletic. He looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy.

This idiot doesn't own a pony and couldn't play a full game of polo if his life depended on it. I think I'll reimagine myself as an olympic swimmer, brain surgeon, Superbowl winning quarterback, gazzilionaire investor, middle aged fat guy married to a strung out broad.

Posted by: SoCali | February 8, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

What has she done to her face? Goodness.

Posted by: TDolla | February 8, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Glad to see the Salahi's.

Alway's looking good.

The few same haters are so jealous.

Keep doing what you do.

America & Australia Love You!

Posted by: sdovefactor1 | February 10, 2010 2:09 AM | Report abuse

TheDubb wrote:
"I'm still worried about her neck. I hope it gets straightened out."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
That was so funny I almost threw-up my coffee; obviously an attempt to make the pork-belly'd midget look taller.

Posted by: eGREGie | February 10, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

To the poster who claims anyone could be remotely Jealous of this couple. How so? Yes, I am jealous of the fact that they founded a fraudulent charity using SICK CHILDREN to line their own pockets, or could it be the numerous law suits against them for failure to pay venders? Oh I know, the Impressive and exquisite Adams Apple Michaele is sporting, no wait, could it be the long list of pathological Lies about her so called illustrious "modeling" career that never was? You seem to suffer from the same psychotic delusion as this couple..you know seeing as how Michaele also claimed to be a former Miss America.

As for being a HATER, you are absolutely correct, I have no qualms about hating these two, but that comes from having some sense of dignity, morals an ethics,something these two know Nothing about. Apparently,neither do you.

Posted by: Holly1971 | February 10, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

LOL Australia loves them? They have no CLUE to who the hell they really are. I personally want to see these two prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. India has PUBLICLY announced they wanted absolutely Nothing to do with the Salahi's yet they continue to mislead the general public continuing on with the Polo match claiming India is still affiliated them and the game is still on. These are the type of ppl you stand behind? Really? You must be so Proud..such upstanding ppl these two are...Obviously,Low life Con artists an parasites MUST be your forte.

Posted by: Holly1971 | February 10, 2010 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Wow. It is funny to read these few postings from the jealous ones. Probably Holly is a girl who wanted to look like this girl, Michaele. Her )Holly posted here) postings are too personal towards her - that means a jealous woman. Americas Polo Cup is a great event! I will continue to support the event and the winery. Leukemia & Lymphoma and all the people The Salahi's has helped through the years is Awesome. Keep going Salahi's! We are there with You!

Posted by: lehalpern | February 13, 2010 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Holly -
I am sure if we had Michaele Salahi, and you stand side by side we would see why you are so unhappy.
work on yourself. It will get better for you if you do.

Posted by: lehalpern | February 13, 2010 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Lep, Do us all a favor an please take your meds before posting comments online. Your comments border on hysterical to Creepy.

I can't for the life of me see how any person could remotely Envy Man'chaele. I mean she does give us all such Divine Adams Apple and her illustrious white girl HAIR WEAVE.. Really? 4,000 in extensions? Why not just go the Hair club for men route? Wouldn't that be far cheaper than having to sport YAK hair? And really WHY would a woman of her so called "caliber" need that much hair extensions to begin with?

As for their so called charity and the wonderful work they've done,why is it the organizations they claimed to help want absolutely Nothing to do with them? What about the grandiose claims they made about waiving their fees from the Pure nightclub appearance? Which btw turned out to be a complete LIE. Gee, how Shocking.
These two are addicted to the truth. Your claims of me being jealous of these two Maggots are insanely funny.

She makes so many grandiose claims about this Illustrious modeling career that never was. She's Old, 20+ years ago she could've EASILY been in the modeling industry, and done really well, if not print most def runway..it was the era of Christy Brinkley, Cheryl Tiegs an Lauren Hutton. The standards an ideal of beauty then, was blond haired blue eyed...yet she chose to LIE claiming she's a SUPERMODEL while selling make up at Nordys? LMAOOO Or what about her lies about being a Redskins cheerleader? And really, for such a supposedly striking woman she ended marrying a fat ass loser like Tareq, kindred souls,they're MADE for each other. I'm not all together sure who's sicker here her or her husband. They're in desperate need of Psychiatric help. Both are completely Psycho.. and so are you. LOL Birds of a feather flock together.

Posted by: Holly1971 | February 14, 2010 7:13 AM | Report abuse

And FYI, I'm am rather happy. No ones investigating my ass. I don't have people suing me left an right for failure of payment.. IRS isn't hot on my trails. Most of all, having a full head of hair,no adams apples here, thats a couple of steps up,no?

Must really suck having to go thru life HATING yourself so much that you have to create an entire life/persona..Let's face it, in reality she's a nobody, always was, always will be...it obviously haunts her and eats her up alive. Now the entire free world has caught onto the deranged nutjobs they truly are. I cannot imagine having to live like that..nor would I ever want to. I'm perfectly happy being lil ole Hawaiian/French/Japanese me and married to the love of my life for the past 10 years. TYVM

Posted by: Holly1971 | February 14, 2010 7:25 AM | Report abuse

Holly1971:

Please, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think about this rather pathetic couple.

In all seriousness, you hit the nail on the head, and it would not surprise me if "lehalpern" was not one of the Salahis' alter ego screen names [just like "susan" in connection with comments made to other articles appearing in the WaPo].

I tend to agree with you about the so-called charity "Journey for the Cure Foundation", organized and controlled by the Salahis, which some might suspect just may have been nothing more than a means to support their over-the-top lifestyles.

And here's a detail the press has yet to pick up.

Remember the $24K bad check written to the Montgomery County Maryland government for booze at the Salahis' May 2009 "America's Polo Cup" [a corporation also organized and owned by the Salahis]? Well, guess what? That check was not written from their America's Polo Cup business account, but rather from the account of their so-called charity, Journey for the Cure Foundation.

The event was billed as America's Polo Cup with proceeds to benefit the Foundation. Instead, it appears it may have been the exact opposite-- the purported charity underwriting their business venture and supporting their lavish party lifestyles.

Imported wines for their party and Mrs. Salahi's chance to prance on the stage and act like the model she wanted but never could be, and Mr. Salahi's chance to act like the king of the party on stage. Check out the videos on YouTube. Sort of outrageous in retrospect.

Yeah, I'm sure that helped a lot of sick children.

Quite pathetic in my opinion.

Posted by: LAWPOOL | February 14, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Thank you Law.:-) I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if Lep was actually one of the Salahi's. No person would defend these two low life parasites, I mean really going on to say I'm jealous of them..LOL That's Rich. It's obvious to everyone on this planet their so called "charity" was to line their own pockets. You would have to be seriously devoid of any human decency to use terminally ill children to further your own SELFISH needs. Yet,they continue to advertise on their America Polo site the match taking place this June with India when India issued an Public statement stating they want NO AFFILIATION with this couple. She also claimed to be a Former Miss America, (among other things) the Miss America organization stated plain as day she has NEVER been any pageant affiliated with them let alone hold the title of Miss America. The organization is owned by Donald Trump. Trump has publicly blasted her for making such claims. I mean, at what point does one not realize the scam is up? People have caught on, instead of bowing out gracefully they continue to seek the limelight only to get blasted time after time. They continue the Pathological lying, tripping themselves up. I would think their Attorney would at least advised them to keep their mouths shut, he did a great job at the Congressional hearing, yet these two can't seem to get enough of the spotlight, it's like a Drug, their both JUNKIES..resorting to whatever filthy sleezy means necessary to gain Notoriety.
Complete POND SCUM these two. I'd bet good money OJ thinks they're PATHETIC.

Aside from the sleeze, I cannot for the life of me begin to comprehend why this woman has an Adams Apple? And it's not like it's not noticable, its VERY PROMINENT. Why would she need 4,000.00 in hair extensions? Is she not able to grow hair? Male pattern baldness perhaps? No one has any recollection of her prior to working at a radio station where she went by Missy Holt. She's a life time career con artist,she got lucky found her soul mate in life, another slime sucking con artist..reinventing herself time and time again... How many names has she had? Michelle, MISSY,Michaele,god knows what else.

I think I echo the majority of the general public when I say I hope these two end up in Prison for a very long time,that would be the only reality show I will ever watch with these two. Public flogging isn't enough, they should be forced to pay back every penny they stole, lied an cheated every single person out of,that would be Justice.

Posted by: Holly1971 | February 14, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Read several articles on Politico concerning the Salahi's. Found the Pure appearance article wildly hysterical. Tareq's statements an conspiracy theories were insanely hilarious,PATHETIC and deranged.

It's Obvious these two are in need of SERIOUS PSYCHIATRIC help. As Holly said, I'm not sure which one of the Salahi's is more Psychotic. The husband and his "conspiracy" theories along with the statements he made about Eleanor Holmes Norton, as if she had anything to do with the stunt they pulled, or the long list of people they've pissed off. The more the Salahi's try to defend themselves they more they make themselves look like complete an utter Dumbasses. No envy jealousy here.

Posted by: Holly1971 | February 15, 2010 7:35 AM | Report abuse

Holly1971:

You are preaching to the choir here.

And for anyone to suggest that any person in their right mind could possibly be jealous of these pathetic people is beyond strange and falls fully into the realm of bizzare.

I, for one, could not sleep at night knowing I had left a trail of unpaid creditors/employees, much less supported an over-the-top lifestyle on the backs of those honest people who actually work for a living.

Then again, Ive never bounced a check or had a vehicle repossessed either.

Deadbeats, pure and simple. The really sad part is, but for the intense public scrutiny they brought on themselves, chances are they would have continued to get away with it.

Posted by: LAWPOOL | February 15, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse