Celebrity justice: Lindsay Lohan sues E-Trade over 'milkaholic' in talking baby commercial

Lindsay Lohan (AP Photo/Thibault Camus)

Annals of celebrity justice:

• Lindsay Lohan filed a lawsuit Monday against financial giant E-Trade for its commercial about a "milkaholic" baby she claims is named for her -- and wants $100 million for pain and suffering, reports the New York Post. The actress filed papers in Nassau County Supreme Court over the 30-second spot that opens with a boy baby apologizing to his girlfriend for not calling the night before. "That milkaholic Lindsay wasn't over?" she asks. A lawyer for Lohan says she's a one-name celeb just like Oprah or Madonna, and that the commercial is a "subliminal message." A spokesman for the agency that created the ad said "Lindsay" happened to be the name "of someone on the account team."

• By The Reliable Source  |  March 10, 2010; 1:00 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Elinor Burkett says she and fellow Best Documentary Short winner still aren't speaking
    Next: This just in: Bill Clinton to headline Gridiron dinner, Serendipity to take over empty Nathans space

Comments

Open Letter to Ms Lohan,
    Please get a grip. I have never seen you refered to by only one name. I haven't seen any such refrence in any media. I don't know what you are paying your lawyer but it's to damn much. No one would have made the "Lindsay" connection until you brought it up. In fact is it appeared that you had moved on from the problems of your youth.
    I understand turning 23 might seem like a big deal but now but in the grand scheme of things it is a minor accomplishment.
    If you might have gained some attention. You will have to wait and see if anyone other then late night TV picks up the story. Which will only prove the depths that some people will go to for exposure.
    Best regards,
    Kenneth Justice

Posted by: kenjustice | March 10, 2010 1:20 AM | Report abuse

I don't really seem to understand what she really wants, no one to ever say "Lindsay". Also 100 MILLION for pain and suffering?!?!? I mean I know for you thinking can be painful (most likely from thinking about what to sue over) but come on thats just stupid

Posted by: bagot_drew | March 10, 2010 1:57 AM | Report abuse

$100,000,000? Seriously, she needs to get over herself. Not only is she NOT a one-named star, she's barely a celebrity anymore. Get a job, Lindsay, your 15 minutes are up.

Posted by: gebaret | March 10, 2010 2:31 AM | Report abuse

This is absolutely ridiculous! I think Lindsay Lohan needs to take some pointers from Dax Shepard and learn how to stop taking life so seriously!! This is a perfect example... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO8KzmKgZ90

Posted by: cali00 | March 10, 2010 2:50 AM | Report abuse

she's a what? the only one name i can think of for her is hasbeen. get a life miss hasbeen. the only pain and suffering i see is the pain and suffering we have to go through is hearing about cry baby ways. get a life and get a job. your 15 min of fame are over ms hasbeen

Posted by: jepo1 | March 10, 2010 6:47 AM | Report abuse

And here I thought the commercial was about my coworker Lindsey.

Ms. Lohan is an idiot! I had thought this story was a joke, but apparently the joke is just her.

Posted by: VAjyd | March 10, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

The ad is brilliant, Lohan is getting bad advice, and ETrade scores as a result. There was no association before but there certainly is one now. I wouldn't be surprised if they made another 100 million from the publicity and ad exposure.

Posted by: rdpch | March 10, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

These celebs zealously protect their images because they "invest" so much time and energy into creating that image. I am sure that Lindsay wants to make sure that no one takes over the "underage tramp with addictive tendencies" image that she has honed so well over the years. Maybe the name is a coincidence, but ...

Posted by: balloulog | March 10, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

FINALLY! Thank you L. Lohan. My name is DARYL, and I have been PLAGUED all of my life from that stupid Newhart Show returning character "Daryl and my other brother Daryl". They stole my name, and now they are going to PAY! I am a Free-Loader like you Miss Lohan, I don't believe in WORKING for a living, and now your Pioneering Spirit has paved the way for all of us FREELOADERS to pester and sue those deep-pocket SUCKAS like E-Trade and the Newhart Show to FEED US FOR FREE FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES!!!!! Only in AMERICA!

Posted by: DarylsBrother | March 10, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

You're so vain, you probably think this ad is about you. Don't you? Don't you?

Posted by: grink46 | March 10, 2010 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Can Lindsay Lohan actually act or is she another of those pathetic folks famous for being famous?

Posted by: gmuhokie2009 | March 10, 2010 7:19 PM | Report abuse

This sounds like an Austin Powers movie where Dr. Evil wants a $100,000,000 not to blow up the earth.

Posted by: bigdubya | March 11, 2010 7:16 PM | Report abuse

I agree with all the previous postings. Lindsey needs to get a job instead of being such a mooch. But I guess when their 15 seconds of fame are over, that's what losers do. And who would ever equate Loser Lindsey with that cute little baby?! Hell. If I was E-Trade, I'd sue Lindsey for defamation! In truth...she's actually a disgrace to all the Lindseys of the world.

Posted by: workingdogs | March 15, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

All those drugs really fried her sense of reality.

Earth to Lindsay Lohan (btw...this is exactly how the media and all of the world refer to you...in fact, when I think of "Lindsay" I think of Lindsey Buckingham) you aren't anyone important, nor is that ad referring to you. Narcissism is a mental disorder you can add to your burgeoning stack of mental disorders.

Posted by: PMMM | March 16, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse