Rielle Hunter pictures in GQ are "repulsive," made her cry -- but now see video of the photo shoot too!

Ever pose for a magazine in your panties and totally regret it later?

That seemed to be the kind of day Rielle Hunter was having Monday, after photos from her sensational GQ interview hit the Internet and went worldwide. On "The View," Barbara Walters said she had talked to John Edwards's former mistress, and she was "in tears."

"She found the photographs repulsive," said the veteran ABC broadcaster. "When I asked if that was the case, why did she pose the way she did" -- big white shirt, strand of pearls, bare legs curled up on a bed -- "she said she trusted Mark Seliger, whom she said is a brilliant photographer, and quote, 'I went with the flow.' " Of all the photos Seliger took, Hunter told Walters she never imagined GQ would run more than, say, one sexy one. "She cried for two hours," Walters said.

Seliger, a top portraitist for the big glossy magazines, could not be reached for comment, and his office referred us to GQ -- which happily responded:

"I have no idea how she feels about the photos," said Editor-in-Chief Jim Nelson. "but I think you can see how comfortable she was at the shoot by watching the video posted at gq.com."

(Yes, take a minute to go look.)

Hunter's comments via Walters echo a theme struck throughout her interview with Lisa DePaulo (both the version that will appear on newsstands March 23 and extra Web-only comments): She's been misrepresented by everyone, and she furiously tries to set the record straight. She did not appear as a dancing bikini girl in the 1987 movie "Overboard," she did not have a fling with Jeff Goldblum, she did not wear "bright nail polish" when she met a Newsweek writer.

Hunter even takes issue with the story Elizabeth Edwards tells in "Resilience" about John confessing to a "one-night stand" after the wife found his secret cell phone. She knew it was more than that, says Hunter: "Who has a cell phone for a one-night stand?"

Finally, she takes on no less than Oprah for saying John Edwards was crazy if he made a sex tape while running for office.

"This has to do with Oprah's belief systems about sex, about public office, about men," Hunter scoffs. "What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom is between two consenting adults, and are private."

(What's her relationship these days with Edwards, btw? "Private.")

By The Reliable Source  |  March 15, 2010; 5:52 PM ET
Categories:  Politics
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Love, etc: Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes split
Next: Hey, isn't that: Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Antonin Scalia celebrate birthdays at Inn at Little Washington on same night

Comments

Oh....I think those are crocodile tears being shed. If she is crying, its probably because the majority of internet comments are referring to her as a harlot, slut, whore,,,,you get my drift. Well, she acts like one, and then in attempt to have us all get to know her better, she poses in her underwear...

Her name had completely been forgotten until the Washington Post brought it up again. Her fate will be like Monica Lewinski's....notoriety, then obscurity. She will be forgotten soon, as she should be.

Posted by: AnnsThought | March 15, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

where are the pictures of her vagina?

Posted by: bendan2000 | March 15, 2010 7:15 PM | Report abuse

She trusted Mark Seliger to not print more than one naked shot?????? Thats the second man we know she has used poor judgement with. What a naive, little maroon! And she still believes what John Edwards has told her, too. She is unbelievable!

Rielle, how many times are you gonna get "scr*wed" before you smarten up and keep your clothes on! Save what little dignity you have left and stop getting undressed, stop talking and go away!

Posted by: sandnsmith | March 15, 2010 7:22 PM | Report abuse

Did This All Start with a Sally Quinn

Is the Post promoting Hunter for its own reasons? Is it true that the baby is named for Post harpy Sally Quinn? Was/Is Hunter a protege of Quinn? Certainly their MOs are in sync.

Funny that this should all get stirred up again as Quinn's sun is hurtling into obscurity so Quinn is grasping at any straws to push herself and her legacy back into the limelight. Suddenly there are all kinds of comparisons to and reminders of Monica Lewinsky. Quinn has always disapproved of the way Monica stole her thunder.

After all, before there was a "Lewinsky" there was a "Sally Quinn". The parallels are striking. Three much older, tired, crusty, lonely, old horn dogs submitting to a Sally Quinn from an aging skank (excepting Ms. Lewinsky here) only to find themselves drawn into scandal and degradation and a kid.

Posted by: SoCali | March 15, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Jeez, Liz Phair has really dropped down a peg.

Posted by: gfriday | March 15, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Shoot doggy this girl looks good, but now that loot she is making is probably going to get snatched by Elizabeth Edwards because of damages related to her divorce, check the story out

Posted by: republicanblack | March 15, 2010 7:43 PM | Report abuse

She has pulled more than one boner.

Posted by: Bitter_Bill | March 15, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

This is a typical marketing ploy; doing something and then claiming it was a mistake, or she didn't know or that it was all a misunderstanding (and let's not forget that Hunter met Edwards while running a viral marketing campaign for him). I find it impossible that she didn't know that the photos would look sexy; she just doesn't like the fallout from the photoshoot now and so now she blames the photographer. She seems to be pretending that she is some type of neophyte to the world of media. She was an actress and ran a production company and was in marketing herself. I'm surprised that so many articles on this topic are giving her a pass on her work background.

Posted by: ELincourt | March 15, 2010 8:03 PM | Report abuse

OK. I said I wouldn't state one more comment.. BUT..She CAN NOT be that dumb!!! She posed in that outfit, in those positions, on purpose..If she ever thought that America could some how accept her and her relationship with Edwards, she went about it wrong.. She is a disgrace!!!!!!

Posted by: sallyshore | March 15, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Wow, watched the video...certainly doesn't seem like she was under duress...seems as boring as most photo shoots

What was very discincerting though was the sense that Rielle Hunter, Michaele Salahi and Sally Quinn are all the same person. Apart from the bad color jobs, that wierd look of disconnect with the real world while at the same time kind of sucking the energy out of the camera is scary and they all have it.

Posted by: SoCali | March 15, 2010 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Rielle said she went with the flow
In GQ & let her skin show'
Had she been less reckless
And got a pearl necklace
Then Johnny's seed never would sow.

News Short n' Sweet by JFD8

Posted by: jd121 | March 15, 2010 8:33 PM | Report abuse

I never understood why so many women have been willing to be intimate with Jeff Goldblum. Eww.

Posted by: pundito | March 15, 2010 8:47 PM | Report abuse

It lloks like whatever emberassing happens to this hoho, seems like her own work for publicity with some money result at the end. Screw her, this is not a news or entertaining at all. Its a sham that is happening every day all over America. Ignore her.

Posted by: BOBSTERII | March 15, 2010 9:08 PM | Report abuse

Let's face it. Reille's best talent seems to be working on her back. The pictures from GQ portrayed her exactly the way she is--an expensive "Call Girl" that likes to make a living by using a mattress. What is she complaining about? Heck! She got a lot of advertising for free. What did she expect to get from those pictures? A contract as a rocket scientist? She is nothing but a cheap 'call girl', with no respect for John Edward's family, herself or her child.

Posted by: fridaolay | March 15, 2010 9:24 PM | Report abuse

Did this woman really think that telling her side of the story will change the way people think of her? If she did, she's nuttier than people thought. Of course her comments are "true"! LOL. I believe all 4 sides of the story have some truth to it, but the only truth I believe of her story is she did say "You're hot!" What was the motive by saying that if she wasn't seeking to have a relationship? I still think she's the one who kept Nat. Enquirer apprised of the situation.

Posted by: candida1 | March 15, 2010 9:25 PM | Report abuse

Let's face it. Reille's best talent seems to be working on her back. The pictures from GQ portrayed her exactly the way she is--an expensive "Call Girl" that likes to make a living by laying on her back. What is she complaining about? Heck! She got a lot of advertising for free. What did she expect to accomplish from those pictures? A contract as a rocket scientist? She is nothing but a cheap 'call girl', with no respect for John Edward's family, herself or her child.

Posted by: fridaolay | March 15, 2010 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Rielle, I was once a very navie person I had believe every word the other person told me about his marriage. Yes I had married him. I also was diagnose with cancer and he was cheating on me just like John was with Elizabeth. How LOW can a person be when the other spouse needed the support most in their life. I still beleive in him he also said it was a one time thing. I found out later that the reason why his first wife was the way she was becauase of the LIES he had told her.WAKE up and realize what YOU AND JOHNNY HAD DESTORY. I would ask Elizabeth to FORGIVE you for the role that you have played into this than I would ask GOD for forgive you. Any would not surprise me that You and JOHNNY BOY end up married but understand it would not last. I'm glad that the election went the way it did. I would had voted for him and than I would had kick myself over and over. PRETTY FACE JOHNNY BOY IS A VERY DISAPPOINTMENT IN SO MANY LIFES. Elizabeth is the smart one and she has TOUCH ALL OF OUR HEARTS. Leave her out this and try to get RICH, OR MARRIED YOUR JOHNNY BOY. ELIZABETH is the greatest of all of you.

Posted by: Ppsweetooth | March 15, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Does Rielle Hunter's behavior of the past few days make SC Gov. Mark Sanford's Argentinian squeeze look like a prude? At least that adulterer has kept her mouth and her knees shut -- at least in public.

Posted by: reallyrogue | March 15, 2010 10:09 PM | Report abuse

PS: BTW, ppsweetoth, the red line under your words means you have misspelled them. Really. The red line is your friend when you post. (Just wish there was a grammar-error monitor, too.)

Posted by: reallyrogue | March 15, 2010 10:16 PM | Report abuse

Oh Lord. More of this. In the end all that matters is that a terminally ill woman with two young children who gave up her career to actively work for her husband's political ambitions and had her marriage portrayed as wonderful as an ongoing campaign story was deeply betrayed by her husband. And now she has to listen to the mistress analyze her and her marriage.

As for the mistress, if you're not completely covered from your knees to your collar bone and wearing hose for your photo shoot, you risk looking like a tart. Going with the flow -- isn't that how Ms. Hunter's problems began? Time to stop that sort of decision making.

Please make this public airing of the sad Edwards-Hunter-Young matter stop.

Posted by: cassandra9 | March 15, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

BTW, ppsweetooth, the red line under your words means you have misspelled them. Really. The red line is your friend when you post. (Just wish there was a grammar-error monitor, too.)

Posted by: reallyrogue | March 15, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

Woman knowingly seduces married man, successfully breaks up marriage while wife battles terminal cancer, celebrates success by spreading legs for a men's magazine. Speechless, really, sad beyond words.

Posted by: CharacterCounts | March 15, 2010 10:31 PM | Report abuse

AMY, ROXANNE, WBAT CAN I SAY? THAT VIDEO SHOOT SAYS IT ALL, DOESN'T IT? RIELLE AKA "HOT MESS" HUNTER IS PURELY PURELY TOXIC, NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!

Why is it, Amy and Roxanne, that this woman with the poor judgment, and the New Age lite philosophy reminds me so of our favorite local, Michele Salahi? Remember when Michele came onto the Post comment boards as a troll and reamed me out because I made certain observations about her personality? Oh my god, that was a scream! Remember when she said I, Spring Rain, was really her ex-friend? I know, you all and I, for sure, were laughing our a sses off at this poor misguided woman!

And now RIELLE! Jay McInerney's RIELLE, who he said "appalled him" she and her friends, with their sexually licentious ways-and now she wants to play the naif about those photos? About those utterly tasteless crotch shots? Please Rielle, spare us! Please shut the eff up, we DO NOT WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU, EVER AGAIN!

p.s. And I think, after seeing the video, that Rielle is anything but attractive-yuck! Poor poor, John Edwards, that's all I can say-he WAS the innocent here-NOT RIELLE HUNTER!

Posted by: Spring_Rain | March 15, 2010 10:47 PM | Report abuse

Both Rielle and John Edwards are creeps. Rielle has found a rich meal ticket and has the chutzpah to blame Elizabeth as if all this mess is her fault. Poor Johhnny boy the misunderstood husband. How pukey. Its good Elizabeth had the good sense to finally kick him out.

Posted by: shobha1 | March 15, 2010 11:11 PM | Report abuse

I have only 3 words to say about Rielle Hunter: HO, HO, HO!

Posted by: softballcrazy65 | March 15, 2010 11:14 PM | Report abuse

Rielle is ugly, plain, very unattractive, even with all that black eye makeup.
John Edwards' wife is prettier.

Posted by: ohioan | March 15, 2010 11:20 PM | Report abuse

Sharing gossip? Is that a life? Really? You two are pitifull...

Posted by: RegisUrgel | March 15, 2010 11:25 PM | Report abuse

All of you --modern-day Tartuffes-- you wish you, or your wife, looked that good at 46.

Posted by: RegisUrgel | March 15, 2010 11:35 PM | Report abuse

It seems the only thing that would make the experience of your husband cheating on you easier when you have inoperable cancer and your whole life is public, would be if he cheated with a total bimbo who conducted an idiotic interview and posed for slimy pictures. Elizabeth should consider herself lucky to be rid of "Johnny". I just feel very sorry for all of his children.

Posted by: luvsmags | March 15, 2010 11:38 PM | Report abuse

OK, I saw the pictures and read the interview.

All I can say is : John Edwards and Rielle Hunter deserve each other, but not anyone else !

Posted by: observer31 | March 15, 2010 11:49 PM | Report abuse

Hey Regis, if you think that hot mess Rielle is "good looking" then we know that you are not only speaking out of your a ss, your taste in women and their looks comes from the same place! Sheesh! Good looking? Rielle Hunter ( real name: Lisa Druck) Wow! I don't THINK SO!

Posted by: Spring_Rain | March 15, 2010 11:59 PM | Report abuse

Posing in your knickers is going with the flow? What...No photo eating a banana??

Posted by: nandora | March 16, 2010 12:01 AM | Report abuse

Hey Rain: A cute face with a size 2 body after 40 is a rarity in this oversized country. So yes, she is a knock-out. Who's your wife? Beyonce?

Posted by: RegisUrgel | March 16, 2010 12:12 AM | Report abuse

Spring Rain - Rachel right?! So Jealous of Michaele. Let it go. Lauren thinks your crazy too - stop calling all of us to not be Michaele's friend- we think you are OBSESSED with her. Scary.

Posted by: lisag1 | March 16, 2010 12:18 AM | Report abuse

OH MY GOD! IT'S MICHAELE-SHE'S BAAAACK! UNFREAKINGBELIEVEABLE! HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Posted by: Spring_Rain | March 16, 2010 12:47 AM | Report abuse

And Regis, a "rarity?"-where the hell do YOU live and hang out, huh? That is certainly not my experience-most 40 somethings I know easily look better than women in their 30's-like I said, if you would hit THAT fugl thing Rielle, your taste in women is all behind you!

Posted by: Spring_Rain | March 16, 2010 12:50 AM | Report abuse

P.S. And Michele, honey, I don't know who in the EFF you're talking about-I guess I need to consult with Amy and Roxanne-and your host of sleazy characters that they informed us about in that very insightful series on you and your husband-both of you scofflaws and grifters without peer! I gotta believe the Secret Service though, when they say you WILL be prosecuted-hope so, at least! LOSERS!

P.S: Maybe Tariq will get lucky sometime soon, and the State Dept. will APPOINT HIM AS AMBASSADOR TO PALESTINE! (smirk)

Posted by: Spring_Rain | March 16, 2010 12:57 AM | Report abuse

the veteran newswoman barbara lisp walters is the one i abhor in all this, actually believing the the nasty skank cried for 2 hours after she saw the pics.she posed for them she was not sleep or in a coma.she is just an older, uglier version of tiger woods' cocktail waitresses.please let her 15 minutes be over soon.

Posted by: ninnafaye | March 16, 2010 1:07 AM | Report abuse

Give the girl a break, already.

She's a pretty girl, and I'm sure she wanted to look sexy and attractive for the GQ article (again, just like anyone would).

The photographer was going for racy, and he got it.

As for morals, she's no saint, but Edwards is more responsible that she is for his own marriage.

Posted by: postfan1 | March 16, 2010 1:57 AM | Report abuse

To paraphrase Mr. Ed, "A Whore is a whore of corps of corps."

Posted by: ChrisW1958 | March 16, 2010 2:26 AM | Report abuse

postfan1: "Give the girl a break, already.

"I'm sure she just did what the photographers asked, as just about any amateur would do with a professional photographer."
_______________

Amateur? SHE is a professional photographer/videographer HERSELF!

Please let her be on the last 30 seconds of her 15 minutes of fame!

Posted by: uh_huhh | March 16, 2010 2:46 AM | Report abuse

Hunter loves the lights! and cameras! focused on HER. She's still using John Edwards to promote herself, and he'll continue allowing it.
Pitiful.

Posted by: angie12106 | March 16, 2010 2:50 AM | Report abuse

At about 2:56 the photographer opens a door and says hi to "grandma." Runs in the family, I guess.

Posted by: Bitter_Bill | March 16, 2010 6:25 AM | Report abuse

Rielle Hunter
Being is free -- screwing will cost you.

Posted by: BadMommy1 | March 16, 2010 7:01 AM | Report abuse

My husband is a photographer and I asked him what his take was on what the photographer was trying to accomplish with these photos with so many conflicting images: pantless with just a hint of a crotch shot, stuffed animals and pearls. He said he was going for the Innocent Slut look and the pearls say, But I'm Not Cheap or Innocent Slut But A Lady. He added that the use of white and white light conveyed the innocence factor as well.

Personally, I thought the pictures were great, strictly from a photographic point of view. But for the purpose of "taking me seriously," they are a disaster. I'm always amazed that women who want to be taken seriously will pose for pictures like these or worse, pose for Playboy. If she wanted to be taken seriously, she should have worn a suit.

How come you never see guys do this? Where are Mark Sanford's or John Ensign's provactive pictures? Or Edwards for that matter? They would never allow a photographer to take shots like this because they (correctly) know that everyone would laugh at them.

Posted by: msmith2 | March 16, 2010 7:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: msmith2 | March 16, 2010 7:16 AM | Report abuse

Like most people on this blog, I'm tired of the Edwards mess. Frankly, there are more worthy things to be concerned about now. But, I will throw this point up in the air to consider: maybe Mrs. Edwards is not the saint she's portrayed to be. For all we know, she could be the coldest hag ever to walk upright. Most (I did say "Most")reasonable men simply do not wake up in the morning and decide to have affairs if things are allright at home. It defies logic.

Posted by: panamajack | March 16, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Ever make idiots of yourselves? You two, Roberts and Argetsinger, should be ashamed ouf yourslves. The Post should have fired you both a long time ago. You are worthless, you spend your time (and my subscription money) on inane stories (and by the way, write horribly -- are you four-year-olds?). You seem to focus on the most inconsequential stories possible and attempt (vainly) to make them sound important. Goodbye (I wish)

Two of the stupidest empployees of the Post. Get rid of them, your ratings will go up.

Posted by: rlcjr | March 16, 2010 8:37 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone ask Dora the Explorer if she wanted to pose next to a skank in undies?

Posted by: reallyrogue | March 16, 2010 8:39 AM | Report abuse

The GQ representative said Hunter looks comfortable in the video. I disagree. She looks uncomfortable. It all seems stilted and fake. I think GQ made a mistake in shooting these photos in color in a studio. It would have been better to shoot them in black-and-white at night in Washington -- a documentary approach -- perhaps with Hunter wearing a trench coat and a fedora and huddling in doorways. Think of the film "All the President's Men." Think of Marlene Dietrich in a spy movie. Hunter would have come off a lot better.

Posted by: Kevin28 | March 16, 2010 8:44 AM | Report abuse

I can think of a last name that complements her first name and exemplifies her character, as in a "Rielle Ho". Maybe "Johnny" and she can change their last names to that. Consenting adults, sure, if that means lying to your spouse and being scummy enough to latch your claws on to another person's husband. What a character. I feel sorry for her daughter. But then again, we don't know what Reille's mother was. Good for you, Ms. Elizabeth Edwards, to be strong enough to divorce a man who says he loves you but his actions say otherwise. You are a woman of dignity and integrity. I will pray for peace in your life and your children's. I will also pray for the sex addicts in this story.

Posted by: eurotrashgirl | March 16, 2010 8:47 AM | Report abuse

This article is a wife trap.

Anyway ..

Scruffy beard, check.
Digital camera, check.
Kermit puppet, check.
Pantless vamp, check.

I'm ready to be a world class photographer.

Posted by: tslats | March 16, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

She really does live on her own little planet. Oprah is not the only one who thinks it's crazy to make a sex tape when you're running for office. And it is colossally stupid to not know where a sex tape is at at ALL times.

Posted by: DCFem | March 16, 2010 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Perhaps Rielle truly saw the error of her ways once the photos came out and she got a look at how tragic she looked wearing that pearl necklace. Such a tawdry cliche. The stylists' joke is on her...http://eyeseestyle.blogspot.com/

Posted by: AScottWalton | March 16, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Nobody forced Rielle Hunter to take off her pants. She looks like a cheap tart in those photographs.

Posted by: Gatsby10 | March 16, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Please - this is like when Miley Cyrus cried about her Vanity Fair photos! She was there, cooperating, and did not seem uncomfortable during the shoot. The photos, statements, etc. show how whacked out this woman is. I'm more disappointed by whom he chose to fool around with now, seeing what this woman is like.

Posted by: lydandy | March 16, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

@lydandy You can almost forgive Miley Cyrus because she is after all still a teen and is naive...but Rielle is no spring chicken! Not only is she in her mid-40s, she was also a professional photographer by profession. Who is she kidding with this dewy-eyed act of hers? It's said that the camera doesn't lie, and the reason Rielle was crying was because that camera showed both her and the world the truth about what manner of woman she is: an extremely desperate and graspy one!

Posted by: sabsmessenger | March 16, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

I'll have to agree with panamajack. Most 'other women' keep a low profile and don't pose for magazines half naked, but it takes two to tango. Johnny isn't blameless, either, and it doesn't take a lot for most married men to wander. Some kind of male ego thing, you know. As long as there are husbands there will be cheating husbands.

Posted by: Baltimore11 | March 16, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

As to Rielle, Churchill's quip "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on", seems ironic. I get all the information I need about Rielle's thought processes after seeing what she allowed to happen.

So, what's the over and under on when she'll pop up on "I'm A Celebrity..." or "Dancing With The Stars"?

Posted by: Anonynonandon | March 16, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Mind you i gotta laugh at the whole pearl necklace thing...can have a couple of different meanings there LOL

Posted by: sabsmessenger | March 16, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

OMG! O-M-G! Rielle didn't know they would actually USE the photos they took!!! It must be a plot to destroy her!

Sorry, dear, posing with your child and your pants half down is pathetic whether the photos were published or not. The only difference is we all know how pathetic you are now.

Posted by: arancia12 | March 16, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

People like to read about this because it's a heckuva story.
It starts with the frumpy wife who becomes more of a mother to her handsome husband. He strays, eventually meeting someone that he really likes. She gets pregnant.
It all happens while he's running for President. When is the movie coming out?
If this was written as fiction, no one would believe it could even happen.

Got to agree with Rielle about Elizabeth not facing her problems. Considering the horrid messages that Elizabeth left for Andrew Young's wife, she apparently didn't have enough pride to hold her head high and move on. She desperately wanted to be in the White House. So, why didn't SHE run for President?

Posted by: spro | March 16, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Please, give this non-story up. I have no interest in a ditzy child-woman who was so stupid as to have an affair with a married man who was also a public figure.

This is a waste of space-but then,so are most of the Reliable Source stories.

Posted by: sanderling5 | March 16, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

I loved Kevin28's naive suggestion Hunter should have had a femme-fatale spy scenario for the shoot because "Hunter would have come off a lot better." No one at GQ cares whether Hunter comes off well or not. They got EXACTLY what they wanted and needed--some suggestive pictures of a woman with notoriously bad judgment and an interview that only confirms that we all dodged a bullet with Edwards. GQ's interest is selling magazines, not in rehabilitating Hunter's public image. And for a woman who was hired to be a pr filmmaker she has showed an appalling lack of judgment about her own pr image.

Considering her statement that she was just trying to "go with the flow" and the tone of the interview (not to mention her behavior to this point), I'm wondering if she might not have borderline personality disorder. "BPD patients may also be uncertain about their identity or self-image. They tend to see things in terms of extremes, either all good or all bad. They also typically view themselves as victims of circumstance and take little responsibility for themselves or their problems."

Posted by: auntiemare | March 16, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Come on! you grab my attention to the video with your tag line and lo and behold not even a pantie shot.

I am going to sue you for those 16 seconds of my life back.

Posted by: scon101 | March 16, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Rielle was SHOWN one of the photos as soon as the photographer loaded it onto the computer. Where were her tears then???!!! THAT would have been the time to say STOP or to let him know she thought the picture was "repulsive", not AFTER they are already in the magazine! Give me a break!

Posted by: Summerbreeze2 | March 16, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

OK, let me get this right. (1) She deliberately went after a Senator who she KNEW was married at the time. (2) One of her opening comments was "you're hot". (3) She had sex with him the day they met. (4) She apparently didn't even use birth control, and got pregnant out of wedlock. (5) She posed for rather risque photos in a national magazine. (6) NOW she complains they're disgusting? Please, lady, get a grip. You acted like a 20-year-old bimbo. You were certainly old enough to KNOW better. Just go away and let us read and hear something newsworthy. You and "Johnny" deserve each other, IMHO.

Posted by: pennstatemom2000 | March 16, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Very cheap shot article.

Posted by: RetCombatVet | March 16, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

In the video, they SHOW HER THE PHOTOS. This wasn't an ambush.

Posted by: ArielW | March 16, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

This is too gross. Edwards and Hunter are trashy.

Let's move on, shall we?

Posted by: wmpowellfan | March 16, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

No one is blameless in this sorry mess. They all made bad choices. I have to say that Elizabeth is not blameless either. In fact, the more I hear about her, the less I like her.

I agree that the Edwards marriage was probably in shambles before Rielle. That said, she is not blameless for her participation it its demise. Truly ugly mess. I feel bad for the kids.

Posted by: emily8 | March 16, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

I sometimes wonder if Elizabeth encouraged her husband to keep campaigning as a way of holding on to him. She probably knew that if he became president, he would not be able to easily divorce her.

Posted by: emily8 | March 16, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

"You two ask "Ever pose for a magazine in your panties and totally regret it later?"

No, but I have to assume you two have in order to be qualified to judge the answers. Right?"

Seriously? A person doesn't need a history of obvious errors in judgment in order to know that Hunter's conduct throughout has been appalling.

Posted by: auntiemare | March 16, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse

That she 'didn't know' these photos are objectionable (what a LIE!!) is just proof that Rielle Hunter is an under-educated, attention-seeking tramp.

It is also proof that Rielle Hunter, has not a bit of the common sense necessary to say 'no' to taking off her clothes for a photographer nor a married man.

Was she tricked into doing this? Of course not. It has been getting her more attention, and an audition for a new married man.

Posted by: momof20yo | March 16, 2010 7:42 PM | Report abuse

I hope Rielle Hunter, the married man-seeking tramp who has not a shred of common sense nor a shred of morality, gets a few visits from social services who fear for the safety of her child.
Take away her claim to the money 'owed' to her because she has a child with wealthy man John Edwards, and see how she decides to support herself. A real job, or another married man?

Posted by: momof20yo | March 16, 2010 8:03 PM | Report abuse

Kelly thank you for the update!

Got It - I thought it was Rachel - you are alway's in the "know"!

So "Spring Rain" is JAMES and ERWIN from GOMEZ SALON! Thank You for all the updates on them!

Anger management guys,

or switch to decaf.

Posted by: lisag1 | March 16, 2010 8:27 PM | Report abuse

I think Rielle has been dumped by John Edwards, and this photo shoot is all she could think of to do next.
Who knows maybe some rich GQ reader will be the next one to pay for her services.

Posted by: Cherubim | March 16, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

RUNNNN Johnny, RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!

This woman is seriously frightening! You made a huge mistake by becoming involved with her, but DUDE---She is a real life, gold digging, fatal attraction NUT JOB!!

You must protect your kids and family from having her do any more damage.

God, I feel so bad for your wife and kids--they so did not deserve this!

CUT BAIT NOWWWWW~

Posted by: misssymoto | March 16, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Dear Rielle:
You are a low-life "ho" ...
Skank!
No doubt about it.
You will always be alone.
No decent man will EVER marry trash like you.

Posted by: hoticetea | March 21, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse